Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Nineteen

*snugs fortune and spirits sleepily* I wanna go back to bed. 

*stumbles in yawning*

I got distracted by Lego last night. XD

*sets out coffee and toast*

morning all.  i'm still stalking the cave for florets again... but thanks to Lagie, i have one! yaay!!  might see if i can find an Aqualis or two too

Aquali are easier than florets, methinks.

Quick shopping trip and a feast on the rotisserie chicken that I bought (it literally fell off the bone! Yum.), and now I'm listening to Christmas carols and enjoying coffee and shortbread. I'm thinking I might bake later.

Oh and here's part of the Lego:

20191217_094504_001.thumb.jpg.f7f7d6265e300eeada2c7cfa6b44942a.jpg

Stupid forum doesn’t update... 

Thats pretty darn cool, Lagie. I wish Lego wasn’t so darn expensive. 

An hour more before I go tot the gym! 

Edited by Evangeline

Too bad about the house, @Fortune86. :(

Nice Legos, @Lagie My granddaughter would love that! She has quite a few and I have some here that were her Daddy's, but nothing like that!

Some were from the Pick a Bricks in Toronto. Then I used some of my Christmas bonus on a couple of smaller sets here (it's double the price, but importing it isn't worth the hassle). I do wish Lego online would ship to the Bahamas.

Morning/evening/night/afternoon CPA :D 

Hi MP *waves* 

Nice Legos Lagie! I love those little bricks. In fact I have my Lego companion here with me. 

image.jpg

He is Spider-Man but we call him Wellington and make his voice a British one. XD He crashes a lot; it’s kind of hard to drive when you have to constantly hold a camera directly in front of your face. 

Very cool!

The cameras are fun, aren't they?

Story time. 

Yesterday, on my way to work, I ran across a couple dogs in the street. Stopped. Both dogs were in front of my car. Opened a door BECAUSE I AM NOT SMART AND THERE ARE TWO DOGS RUNNING AROUND AND I CARE. This beautiful pitbull comes up, tail wagging and sniffing my hand. It then jumps up into my lap and into the passenger seat. 

I’m just like “wellllll... aiight then. Hi cutie.” 

The white Labradoodle comes over, also happy to see me and it tries to jump into the car. 

Suddenly, the pit attacks. There’s blood. I’m in the driver seat and they’re in the passenger side.  

I try carefully to pull them a part. Yeah. Not gonna happen. I get out and try to find neighbors. After pounding on one door, I find a teenager on the street. Get him to help. 

We go back to my car that is haphazardly parked in the street. Both dogs are done fighting. Kid picks up the white dog whose head is covered in blood. Turns out that dog is his. 

He says my dog is beautiful. I’m tell him I agree the dog is beautiful but it’s not mine. Lmao. 

Neighbor from previous comes out and tells us the dog belongs to another neighbor. He leads him off with the help of some pizza I had in my car. 

I go go home and vacuum up bloody hair. There’s only a couple drops of blood so I clean that too. 

And that’s the story of how I was late to work by an hour. 

Good morning everyone!

Yay last day of work today! Finally going on holiday!!

Hello Spirit. Hooray for hilidays, i'm on a kind of holiday as well, no work for a week.

Tonight the night I go see star wars before the rest of the world :D

Also kitten has made it her mission to eat all my power cords, much to the detriment of my throat from yelling at her.

Hi there MP!

I might not get to see the movie.

I had to replace my two back tyres of my car!

I cried a little.

Oh damn, replacing tires sucks, they're so overpriced.

I'm putting my car in for a service on friday.

Yeah it sucked badly!

All the money I earned for petsitting went poof minutes.

Services ain't cheap either as well.

Hope they don't find big problems MP!

*runs in, snugs everyone, snaffles leftover brownies and escapes during the confusion*

Gotta go to the doctors about more pills.

6 hours ago, Swiftphoenix said:

Wow what a story Evangeline :o did your colleagues believe it? 

I really don’t know. I didn’t get in trouble. I’m not usually late either. But I think they were very perplexed. Lmao. It sounds fantastical, doesn’t it! 

Good luck, Fortune! 

Sorry to hear that, Spirit. The curse of bills. ;; Tires are so gosh darn expensive too. We’re they good ones? 

9 hours ago, Evangeline said:

Story time. 

Yesterday, on my way to work, I ran across a couple dogs in the street. Stopped. Both dogs were in front of my car. Opened a door BECAUSE I AM NOT SMART AND THERE ARE TWO DOGS RUNNING AROUND AND I CARE. This beautiful pitbull comes up, tail wagging and sniffing my hand. It then jumps up into my lap and into the passenger seat. 

I’m just like “wellllll... aiight then. Hi cutie.” 

The white Labradoodle comes over, also happy to see me and it tries to jump into the car. 

Suddenly, the pit attacks. There’s blood. I’m in the driver seat and they’re in the passenger side.  

I try carefully to pull them a part. Yeah. Not gonna happen. I get out and try to find neighbors. After pounding on one door, I find a teenager on the street. Get him to help. 

We go back to my car that is haphazardly parked in the street. Both dogs are done fighting. Kid picks up the white dog whose head is covered in blood. Turns out that dog is his. 

He says my dog is beautiful. I’m tell him I agree the dog is beautiful but it’s not mine. Lmao. 

Neighbor from previous comes out and tells us the dog belongs to another neighbor. He leads him off with the help of some pizza I had in my car. 

I go go home and vacuum up bloody hair. There’s only a couple drops of blood so I clean that too. 

And that’s the story of how I was late to work by an hour. 

:o It's a true story?!? Are the dogs okay???

Spirit, money has a way of doing that, alas. Sorry you may miss your movie.

*sets out coffee and toast*

I kid you not. That happened. It was all very surreal. They were okay from what I saw. I’ve seen worse heal. I hope they’re okay. 

I left in shock and without much else said since I was speechless. Wasn’t until after I left that I thought to exchange numbers or something. But no one seemed to want to do anything about it. It’s in a sketchy close-knit neighborhood away from where I live. Police patrol it all the time and it’s not the kinda place I want to meddle in. I was just passing through. 

What would you have done??

Ooohh. Coffeeee. 

Edited by Evangeline

morning all.

wow, crazy story there, vang!

so at work, we put all our stuff into a database (an ancient iteration of access)... most of the time it adjusts the numbers accordingly everywhere.  yesterday i put some info in, and it adjusted the numbers in one place but not another - and we need the correct numbers in ALL places.... and my boss says i must have done something wrong.  nope, i didn't, but she won't apologize after she figures out why half the numbers went wonky.  she's good at finding out where numbers go wonky.... but she's in the middle of about 20 other things, she wasn't very happy about that.  and now everything gets paused until we figure out what happened. *sigh*

I'm not sure what I would have done, Vang. Dog fights are horrible things to get mixed up in.

Hope she gets those numbers sorted for you, trystan!

The cat is snuggled next to me. She won't be happy when I get up to make cookies in a bit.

i hope she does too, lagie!

oooh, kitty snuggles.  in our house, we don't disturb the comfort of the cat.  however, we can get them to move on their own, by offering them kitty crack temptations cat treats....

XD Kitty crack. Sooo true!

Your Christmas avatar is pretty. I need to find mine.

First batch of cookies is baking. At least two more batches still need to be done to cover everyone.