Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Nineteen

Damn, put on some sunnies and look sweet?

Jobs still fun. I think i'm gonna buy the upgrades to my pc this week, hopefully i'll get my new glasses  as well.
Also gotta redo my assignment that I failed and complete the other one.

I wouldn't be able to see the screen then XD

Are you saving some of your wages MP? It's never too early to start. 

Yeah I know, that's what I meant. I'm not saving to upgrade my pc. I'm going to upgrade my pc.
And I just save naturally, I don't spend as much as I earn.

FORTUNE!!

*huggles*

MP!

*huggles*

Man the ads on the pages have moved making everything looks wonky

Exhausted.

This day is just to long for me.

How are you?

It should be almost time by you. I just finished mine.

Ate very late today.

so friday is november, which means NaNo for me!  i'm debating hanging on to my library book and renewing it if i need to (i got two books out at once, and i'm just about done the first one - i get three weeks to read 'em, and i've had them both for for 11 days, so says my email.  they're due on 11/7. but one will be finished today , and i'll just be starting the second one today, more likely tomorrow)

anyway, since i'll be writing instead of reading starting on friday, i'm debating with myself if i should return the second book when i return the first one, and then get it out again when i'm done with my writing... or renew it and slowly get it read.  (for the past many years, i now read slower that i used to, because now instead of reading at home, i'm crocheting.)

Tough decision. Happy reading!

I am so glad the ads are back to normal now.

Our clocks go back this weekend.

heh, thanks.  i'll read it and probably have to renew it. :)

i hate switching to and from standard and daylight time, i think it's stupid and needs to go away and no more changing clocks.

I agree. The fall one is easier than the spring but the whole concept is outdated and needs to go away.

oh yes, that's me too.  i like getting the hour back.  but one spring, let's just leave it. 

pretty sure congress needs to pass something like that, so it's all uniform for all us States.

23 hours ago, Lagie said:

I might have it on my flash drive, will check tomorrow! 

ETA - Can you get it from here?

I find it odd not having Trotsky when I post but it's temporary for Halloween. XD

I appreciate that Sis. ((((HUGZ)))) Think I saved it....Will try later to see if I can get it reapplied. 

Dang! Another board I haven't been on in a very long time. PMSL! 

18 hours ago, DragonSpirit009 said:

Awww... Congrats Ouma Ali!!

Ouma is just the Afrikaans word for grandmother XD

Good morning everyone!

Ok....Thanks I guess? PMSL! 

Actually, I'm 'Mimi' for my grandchildren. Third generation to use that moniker instead of the traditional 'grandma'. 

23 hours ago, trystan said:

Ali, you like ending your posts with PMSL. interesting! XD 

At my age, it's very fitting. I laugh a lot and own stock in Depends. ROTFPMSL!

9 minutes ago, AlicornsPrayer said:

At my age, it's very fitting. I laugh a lot and own stock in Depends. ROTFPMSL!

heh, fair enough.  i'm usually just LOL, literally.

2 hours ago, trystan said:

oh yes, that's me too.  i like getting the hour back.  but one spring, let's just leave it. 

pretty sure congress needs to pass something like that, so it's all uniform for all us States.

Yes. It would be awkward having every state different. We of course would probably do whatever you do to make it easy on the tourists. XD

25 minutes ago, AlicornsPrayer said:

I appreciate that Sis. ((((HUGZ)))) Think I saved it....Will try later to see if I can get it reapplied. 

Dang! Another board I haven't been on in a very long time. PMSL! 

Yay! You are you again! Glad that worked.

We had a four hour loadshed today. This house has a generator but due to some glitchy solonoid, only half the house came back on when the generator went off. So the room I am sleeping in now has no lights, no fan, no a/c. It is also the room with the TV and the internet. None of the living room plugs work and only one in the kitchen. Thank goodness for that one or the fridge would be off and I would have had no way to charge my phone.

26 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Yes. It would be awkward having every state different. We of course would probably do whatever you do to make it easy on the tourists.

completely agree.  there are 2 states that don't do DST.  some have things in the works, like a ballot question passed, but now a state legislature (CA) has to vote on it), and other state are talking about it.  but there's talk of two possibilities - getting rid of it versus year-round DST.  i'm leaning towards getting rid of it, since DST is the construct, and is man-made (it probably is man-made, as opposed to human-made)