Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Nineteen

Lagie!

*latehugs*

I accidentally destroyed London by eating two thirds of the population and my vampire girlfriend got depressed and set herself on fire. Other than that I spent time napping and doing chores. Also had to have a man to fix the oven door.

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

What sort of stoopid bank insists you do everything by ATM then issues an ATM card that expires?!?

you'd think they would send you a new ATM card in the mail?

also, morning all! :)

10 hours ago, Fortune86 said:

Lagie!

*latehugs*

I accidentally destroyed London by eating two thirds of the population and my vampire girlfriend got depressed and set herself on fire. Other than that I spent time napping and doing chores. Also had to have a man to fix the oven door.

😮

But... but... I want to go back to London!

8 hours ago, trystan said:

you'd think they would send you a new ATM card in the mail?

also, morning all! :)

Nope. Doesn't work like that here, never has.

I spent an hour in my home branch waiting to get to a teller only to be told by said teller that my card was at the branch where I'd picked up the first card, the one that expired.

Say what..?!!?!??

So I then had to walk the fifteen minutes back to my car, drive out to the other branch and wait in another line.  Thankfully it wasn't a whole hour and they did have my card, but the whole system is ridiculous.

I hate this country.

Do you know, on the ease of doing business list, we are 140 something BEHIND the Gaza Strip and Palestine?

that does NOT sound like fun at all.  i'm sorry you had to go through all that. 😮 

Thanks. It's such a waste of a day off.

And it was a lovely sunny day to boot.

bleh.  maybe your next day off will be a nice sunny one as well.

my boss was off today.  i, erm... finished my book and crocheted.  i did do some real work too.

I hope so! :D

I do get to have dinner with a bunch of my current and former shop volunteers tomorrow so that's something to look forward to!

Oh, and the shower water should be hot by now, so I'll poof for a bit!

Reading is good! And crocheting. I wonder how much actual work I'll manage tomorrow. :P

oooh, hot showers are good too.

actual work? what's that? LOL

I'm now squeaky clean! :D

For me, tomorrow, actual work will involve counting heads (all the animals on site) and writing thank yous for donations.

hmm.... actual work for tomorrow?  i keep a little notebook where i write down what i have to do for that day, and i'm pretty sure the only thing i have for tomorrow is that i won't be getting an email about some purchases because there won't be any made tuesday, so i won't get the email.  if that makes sense...?

XD So no actual work, then?

I keep one of those notebooks, too, though mine's been sitting unused since before my vacation in July.

err, no?

i have many notebooks, as i've been at this place for many (read: 12) years!

That is a lot of books! I'm approaching nine years at my job, but the book is a newish development for me.

yeah... but i don't know how many i have without looking.  i write a number in the front of each of the books, so i can take a look tomorrow.

i started out using a paper pad, but a spiral notebook worked the best for me.

Fortune was on vacation. I think Spirit may also have been. Neither of them come online when they're vacationing. Fortune was around this morning.

Lagie - mine's an 80-page one that i can get inexpensively at my local Giant supermarket

Little here is inexpensive.

Pretty much everything is imported and incurs shipping charges, Customs duty, Customs charges, brokerage charges, and VAT.

oof, that's rough. we have sale tax in PA - 6%.  so if it's $1, it's actually $1.06.  NJ i think is 7%, Philly (PA though) is like 8%.

Morning peeps!

@Marcus Pheonix : Boo.

@Lagie : Good grief. And I thought I had enough trouble getting people to pay their invoices. (Sorry about London). 

Does anyone else like Wintergatan? I'm totally into Moon and Stars right now.

Oh you're making a ghost reference :P

Afraid not, don't even know what that is.

I don't know if I said on here yet but I got employed :D Had my first shift last night which was fun. The manager is a real gem, hope I work with her more.

*crawls in*

Good morning everyone!

SPIRIT!

*tackle hugs*

Congrats on the job MP!

This is Moon and Star

Spoiler

I'm getting serious Fallout 4 itchies.

Edited by Fortune86

Oh yeah!! That's awesome news MP!

Congrats on the job!! You must be ecstatic!

FORTUNE!

*huggles*