Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Nineteen

No i've been listening to 2 songs, one a jpop jazz song sung by zombie girls and the other a symphonic metal balad about a game i've been playing.

Two steps from hell do orchestral stuff, very well known for doing a lot of the music in Mass Effect (at least the trilogy)

Just Divinity again.

Also gonna be using my first paycheck to upgrade my pc :D

yaay! Spirit and Fortune are back!

there was once a tv show called Andromeda (full title: Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda) - i loved it.  it starred Kevin Sorbo, who had been in Hercules: the Legendary Journeys; so i called Andromeda "Hercules in Space" XD

18 hours ago, trystan said:

oof, that's rough. we have sale tax in PA - 6%.  so if it's $1, it's actually $1.06.  NJ i think is 7%, Philly (PA though) is like 8%.

Our VAT is 12%. The wholesaler pays it when they buy the stuff. The retailer pays it again when they buy stuff from the wholesalee. And we the consumers pay it yet again when we buy stuff from the retailer. Sucks. And no one in government seems to be able to say where the VAT money is going.

12 hours ago, Fortune86 said:

@Lagie : Good grief. And I thought I had enough trouble getting people to pay their invoices. (Sorry about London). 

Indeed. I have sooo many overdue members at work. Good thing there is no VAT on the membership fee.

Barely productive day but we did have a good staff meeting.

Congrats on the job, MP!

Is your art in the next show, Spirit?

25 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Our VAT is 12%. The wholesaler pays it when they buy the stuff. The retailer pays it again when they buy stuff from the wholesalee. And we the consumers pay it yet again when we buy stuff from the retailer. Sucks. And no one in government seems to be able to say where the VAT money is going.

that gets a big ouch!  is the VAT money going into government people's pockets, do you think?

10 hours ago, trystan said:

that gets a big ouch!  is the VAT money going into government people's pockets, do you think?

Probably. Sadly there does not seem to be an easy fix as both political parties here are equally ineffective even if one is slightly less corrupt than the other.

Morning peeps!

I have no idea where our taxes go these days. We used to get a leaflet with a pie chart showing how much went where, but they haven't been released in ages. 

Good morning, Fortune!

*huggles*

Seems like no government wants to 'fess up where the money goes.

And yes, it is 4 a.m. here.

Holy fudge it's a Lagie!

*tosses over some pillows and hugs*

Edit: I spy an MP too.

Edited by Fortune86

Ooh, I wish I could use the pillows, but I have to be at a friend's house at 5:15 and the airport at 6:30. Her foster cats are going in the airlift today... to Spokane!

*waves at MP* Hello!

New in this thread, but I hope the trip is okay. Must be terrifying for the little fluffies and I couldn't imagine what it would be like.

Hopefully Washington (I'm guessing) is fun for them!

Oh right I was meant to say hellow but I was writing an RP post so I forgot.

Hello.

Hey look forts in the active users list again.

Sup J355.

Welcome to CPA, J3551ca! :D

These guys seem to do car travel well so hopefully the plane won't freak them out too much. And yes, Spokane, Washington.

IMG-20191022-WA0000.thumb.jpg.af1cec31bf02c51cbf2812f1a1a85da0.jpg

Hai Marcus! :)

What RP are you working on? Anything we can help with here?

EDIT: Ohh gawd! So many!

Edited by J3551ca

Well I go by Shake in real life, even at work. If I knew how to change my name I would. So nice to meet you, MP. :)

I haven't been on DC in years and never did this forum but I've always been told it's awesome. I remember Rubyshoes telling me on IRC I should go on here but I never wanted to.I pretty much stuck to trading and DC chats, though rarely, but that was it. Still awesome to see what this site and the fans and have grown this to. It feels so foreign to me yet also like home. I'm not sure exactly how I feel since I can't put it into words. It's not bad, that's for sure, but I just can't explain it. But for nostalgia and for her, I'm here now. I miss Ruby and hope she is doing okay, but still thankful for everything she did.

It really feels weird talking on here than on IRC. LOL I should try doing that again.