Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Nineteen

Ooo, thanks for the muffins. I shall try to leave some for others. ;)

Hope you get your license renewed with no problem. I have to renew mine by Dec. 12, not because it expires, but because it doesn't comply with "real ID". So I have to go and present them with my birth certificate, original Social Security card, marriage license, and two proofs of current residence!  What a pain in the patootie!

@Fortune86 - i LOVE Nightmare Before Xmas! it's one of my faves!!  we watch it every xmas eve, actually. :)

@purplehaze - i got my license renewed back in june... it's not a real ID for the very reason that it's way to much paperwork for it to be worth it.  and i don't fly, even domestically, so there's that too.

@trystan - It appears I have no choice. Maryland apparently messed up and put the all-important star on our licenses the last time they were renewed, even though they did not have the necessary documentation. So now they are threatening to confiscate your license if you are stopped by an officer for any reason past the date they have set for your deadline. I could probably get one issued without the star, but I can't imagine the MVA making that easy, either! Besides, I have a sister who lives in Arizona.

oh that's awkward, indicating you have a real ID when you don't actually :blink:

...you mean you don't want to road-trip out when you visit your sister?

Well. we did road trip it once in 2012 when I first retired and it was kind of fun, but sometimes you need to get there a little quicker. ;)

7 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Ooo, thanks for the muffins. I shall try to leave some for others. ;)

Hope you get your license renewed with no problem. I have to renew mine by Dec. 12, not because it expires, but because it doesn't comply with "real ID". So I have to go and present them with my birth certificate, original Social Security card, marriage license, and two proofs of current residence!  What a pain in the patootie!

It went mostly more smoothly than anticipated, though I had one 'oh drat' moment when I was asked for my passport and NIB card. "For a renewal?!?" I asked, and she processed it through anyway. I did have the card but not the passport. Then 45+ minutes in line to pay and another wait to get the license in hand.

3 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Well. we did road trip it once in 2012 when I first retired and it was kind of fun, but sometimes you need to get there a little quicker. ;)

true.  i was kinda being silly ;) 

glad your renewal went smoothly, Lagie!

Me, too! I'd gone into 'freeze' mode and probably would have put it off all week if my friend hadn't made it happen.

my license always expires the day after my birthday, but pennsylvania sends you the renewal form a few months beforehand so you can send in the check to PennDOT and they send you the camera card.  but then you need to remember to go get the actual license itself. LOL XD 

Ours expire the last day of the month of your birthday, so I don't really have any excuse for waiting so long, bar the whole anxiety thing that I seem to have going on.

ours used to expire the last day of your birthday month... somewhere along the line it changed to the day after your birthday.  it never changed for me - my birthday is August 30! heee....

XD That's actually funny! :D That it didn't change.

i certainly was amused. to be honest, i really had no idea that it had changed for many years.....

So you're not Queen Victoria, then. :P

Supposedly she would say "we are not amused." But since you are amused, you are not her.

AH. THAT reference!

i am definitely NOT Queen Victoria, as i'm definitely easily amused all the time! XD 

:D

That's one of the fun Doctor Who episode bits, when Rose tries repeatedly to get Queen Victoria to say it, and QV doesn't (until almost the end).

Fairly okay. Allergies are still hitting me hard.

Today is a bit better but I'm just extremely tired from lack of sleep.

How are you?

I'm sleepy still XD

Didn't help that I stayed up too late last night on Batman. 

Oh yeah... I still need to show you pics of Cat Quest 2

Spoiler

A joke on 007

?imw=1024&imh=575&ima=fit&impolicy=Lette

You can guess this one XD

An assassin came to hunt me down

Even this made it into the game

The dog and cat puns in this game is extreme XD