Aurielle

Abandon Pile

These days, I try to always have as many eggs as I can own rescued from the abandoned eggs pile because I feel sorry for them. Am I the only one that does this?

my sister mostly hunts from the AP as well, to save the babies

i recall a time i picked out any swallowtail egg i saw in the ap due to my love for anything bird-like. perhaps i'll get back to it again, with another species..

no, you're not alone happy.gif

i just grab whatever egg/hatchling that catches my eye, and i feel like i'm giving it a second chance

I'm not much of an AP person, unfortunately. I find it really exasperating to hunt there, but it's kind of sad on behalf of all the eggs there who likely won't survive.

it's kind of sad on behalf of all the eggs there who likely won't survive.

Don't worry about that, AP eggs are very likely to survive. smile.gif

TJ could probably write a book about the ecology/economy/psychology of the AP (and DC), but from the "outside" I think it can be summarized like this:

Eggs that are incuhatchable (< 5 days left) or ER (< 4 days left) are always adopted rather quickly because the egg slot will be free again soon.

Eggs with more time left (like the 6 days + eggs that are there right now) tend to stay on the AP longer, but the longer they stay, the more their time goes down, and they become more likely to be picked up.

(That's just a general "trend" though. I don't think I've seen a 6 day egg actually staying on the AP until it was down to 5 days.)

Since the AP shows the lowest-time eggs first, a (hypothetical) egg that has been on the AP for days and is close to running out of time will always be seen and grabbed by someone. However, I have rarely seen the AP egg time go more than a few hours below 4 days.

(The only exception is during holidays when no one can see or adopt the "normal" eggs behind the wall of holiday eggs and they actually can run out of time. That is kind of sad.)

I will take rares and Prize dragons from the AP, but I usually don't pick up commons unless I look up their lineage and find that they're CB or unless they're under 5 days. Maybe some day I will, but I want to get a CB of all the commons and uncommons first.

I tend to grab whatever I don't have a lot of when I visit the AP unless something rare pops up. A sick Brimstone egg with over 1000 views was recently abandoned and I grabbed it without realizing it was ill. I really hope it survives(I fogged it immediately after noticing).

Edited by DarkDragonfly330

I tend to just randomly get AP eggs. I have a soft spot for Fleshcrowns.

Nearly all my eggs come from there. Only eggs I need for lineages come from the Cave.

I have gotten some awesome finds from the AP. Plus I'm impatient, and a 5 hour cooldown is too much of a commitment wink.gif

Well, I'm a dragon collector that doesn't pay attention to lineages at all, so I camp the AP pretty often. Probably 80% of my scroll is AP dragons :b

My teenage granddaughter won't catch ANYTHING from the biomes, because the AP eggs "need her".

Well, I'm a dragon collector that doesn't pay attention to lineages at all, so I camp the AP pretty often. Probably 80% of my scroll is AP dragons :b

Same! I do look at the lineages though, and can appreciate a "good" one, but even the messy ones have a "history" to me and I like that. I just want to collect, I'm not a breeder at all :]

Now I know why it is called the "AP". LOL I wondered why it wasn't called the "AC" for abandoned cave, because it is an abandoned pile.

I get dragon eggs and hatchies from the AP all the time. There are beautifully lineaged, CBs, and messies in there and if I don't like something that I picked up I can send it right back without having to wait for hours like getting something from the biomes.

My favorite thing to do with AP eggs is to get them low time, incubate them, maybe gender them, if appropriate, hatch them and put them in the Departures thread, which I have seen referred to as the Departures Cave and the Cave of Departures. LOL Players love to get hatchies, especially the newer players and players working on getting their trophies.

The eggs and hatchies you can get from the AP are amazing.

The only time I hunt in the biomes is for New Releases. Other then that, I'm strictly an AP-hunter. Part of it is that I'm impatient, and 7-day eggs take too long to hatch. I don't care about lineages, so anything in the AP is fair game (although I do see the appeal in certain lineages, and I throw things back if I think it's a lineage that someone else would be happy to find). I got almost all my Celestials from the AP, at least 200 of them. I've probably got a good 800-900 Royal Blues from the AP. I have to stop myself from picking certain breeds up, because I love them but I have more then enough for my scroll-goals. I do always feel sorry for the eggies that sit there, and I'll pick up *anything* if it sits there for more then five minutes while I'm refreshing.

I love hunting the AP, you see so many great eggs coming by, it makes so much fun to try to go for them laugh.gif

I also do take commons and messy lineaged eggs from the AP and when they hatch, return them there. That's how I trick people into grabbing things they normally wouldn't tongue.gif

Most of my scroll is AP finds. I'm usually only in the biomes during new releases, or when I really need a CB of a certain breed for a lineage.

I usually hunt in the AP because low time + chance of pretty lineages! I'm trying to collect a few breeds at a time until I get 10+ of every sprite, so I tend to scrounge around the AP for whatever species I'm currently on the prowl for.

That being said, for all you people who are really big softies... don't feel you MUST hunt the AP at all times! I assure you that anything anywhere near being at risk of dying from low time will be picked up--most stuff becomes hot cakes at around 3 days left, and that's still very much safe. The only time things become really desperate is right after holidays when all the eggs that had been hidden behind holidays for a week appear, and hopefully someday the mechanism will be changed so that doesn't happen to begin with. :3

I just re-discovered DragCave today. I haven't played since 2009 apparently. For now, I'll probably just grab eggs from the AP until I get most of the commons. Once I get back into the swing of things, I may hunt for rares.

Welcome back, Rhaiin!

I tend to browse the AP from time to time, often end up snagging pygmies from there. Found a Z-coded olive today biggrin.gif