Sugar-Free

[OOC] The Eternally Guilty Sun: Revival

Oh, I should mention something about how I'm playing Stormcatcher.

In canon FR lore, he was literally born from the war of the wind god (Windsinger) and sea god (Tidelord). Now... the lorebook SAYS they hesitated in their fight for a momemt. It doesn't say what happened afterwards, only that the fight continued. Now, given the nature of godly wars, and that the hesitation was thanks to a new threat,. I think they attacked him after they stopped staring, as well as continuing to fight each other.

So, in that case, his first experience is being out-and-out attacked, so he won't be the quickest to trust, and he doesn't like falling into water thanks to that incident (doesn't fully like being caught in a gale either). It could also be a base for the bossier parts of his personality on that if everyone else is workng... they're often too busy to attack you. The other thing that's interesting about this is that his territory is a desert. Probably not much water around.

While this is all headcanon, it's in the realm of possibly canon. (Make no mistake, this is just my explanation for the wary behaviour that's going on right now. The Beastclans mostly being hostile DOES also factor into it a fair amount.)

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

Oh, I should mention something about how I'm playing Stormcatcher.

In canon FR lore,  he was literally born from the war of the wind god (Windsinger) and sea god (Tidelord). Now... the lorebook SAYS they hesitated in their fight for a momemt. It doesn't say what happened afterwards, only that the fight continued. Now, given the nature of godly wars, and that the hesitation was thanks to a new threat,. I think they attacked him after they stopped staring, as well as continuing to fight each other.

So, in that case, his first experience is being out-and-out attacked, so he won't be the quickest to trust, and he doesn't like falling into water thanks to that incident (doesn't fully like being caught in a gale either). It could also be a base for the bossier parts of his personality on that if everyone else is workng... they're often too busy to attack you. The other thing that's interesting about this is that his territory is a desert. Probably not much water around.

While this is all headcanon, it's in the realm of possibly canon. (Make no mistake, this is just my explanation for the wary behaviour that's going on right now. The Beastclans mostly being hostile DOES also factor into it a fair amount.)

This is now slightly hilarious for me to know, because Cyil and Soren are affiliated with water and wind, respectively. I'm not sure how often Cyil uses her aquamancy, but Soren's main form of attack is that hulking Wt 12 (yes, I said that tome weighed 9; I was wrong) Rexcalibur Tome, which is the most powerful Wind Tome in PoR/RD and one of the strongest Wind tomes out there (it's also secretly Fimbulvetr in the French translation, which is technically an Ice magic, but it's classified as Wind).

EDIT: I'd be remiss if I also didn't point out that Alex predominantly uses Wind magic, but she's nowhere near as skilled or powerful as Soren. She's more adept with the Levin Sword and Thunder magic in general, but she went full moron and didn't bring any with her.

EDIT #2: Ascension post up in IC!

Edited by Sugar-Free

Hey, guys, gonna be a late post again. I suddenly got hit with sudden illness yesterday and it's kicking me around pretty hard. @Dalek, that's fine; whenever you can :3

Thsnks, as always, for the patience.

Hey, guys, gonna be a late post again. I suddenly got hit with sudden illness yesterday and it's kicking me around pretty hard. @Dalek, that's fine; whenever you can :3

Thsnks, as always, for the patience.

Instead of continuously calling your posts "late", shift the schedule, so that these are right on time and the former regular ones will be early! biggrin.gif Yay for optimism!

Instead of continuously calling your posts "late", shift the schedule, so that these are right on time and the former regular ones will be early! biggrin.gif Yay for optimism!

UPDATE

False alarm guys! I'm totally on schedule! Ignore my previous post...must be delusional from the fever @w@ Carry on~!

Felix, Paragon of Positivity

Just gonna ask, but what do you think grabbing a Power Star feels like?

Hmm....good question. I'd imagine it's like grabbing a piece of the purest positive energy possible or metal, I've always thought the stars were made of metal for some reason. Almost like touching hope itself.

jsyk, it'd prolly open a portal to warp them back through the Princess mural into the sun room. From there, since no one's moved into paintings besides Owain and Severa, Solar and Ascension could go find more Castle Stars or go to an unoccupied painting. Until Dalek and Felix post, padfoot is stuck and no one is able to move through paintings.

Hmm....good question. I'd imagine it's like grabbing a piece of the purest positive energy possible or metal, I've always thought the stars were made of metal for some reason. Almost like touching hope itself.

jsyk, it'd prolly open a portal to warp them back through the Princess mural into the sun room. From there, since no one's moved into paintings besides Owain and Severa, Solar and Ascension could go find more Castle Stars or go to an unoccupied painting. Until Dalek and Felix post, padfoot is stuck and no one is able to move through paintings.

Got it! I'm getting to a post now, should be up within 30-50 min.

Should I move Soren and Cyil into the Tower of Valni in my post? If so, what would happen? I feel like it's too short of a post without the movement unless I stick a bunch of description and inner monologues in. But I can't pull off long stretches of mystical writing like you can, Sugar-Free. ;-;

Should I move Soren and Cyil into the Tower of Valni in my post? If so, what would happen? I feel like it's too short of a post without the movement unless I stick a bunch of description and inner monologues in. But I can't pull off long stretches of mystical writing like you can, Sugar-Free. ;-;

Yes, that's absolutely 100% fine biggrin.gif As soon as they get in, the obvious idea would be to settle down as intended. Buuut....

Depending on how long you/I want it drawn out, Soren could prolly stray from Cyil to start mapping out the tower. During this time, Cyil could notice some very...interesting occcurences, something along the lines of bones rattling or maybe even some charming hands bursting out of the stone. *Gasp!* But what could they be?!

Your enemies will be:

Revenants: Humanoid fleshy things with decaying purple skin and shredded remnants of pants. They attack by throwing forward their bodies and laying into foes with their fetid claws. They are slow and easy to hit, but may infect their foes with a necrotic poison.

Mauthe Doog: Demon dogs! Their bodies are predominantly tan with a fire-red mane that stretches from their heads to their tails. They are incredibly fast and hard to hit, but don't do much damage, and attack with their teeth.

Bonewalkers: Skelts, skellybones, skellingtons; skeleton-men. Wield swords/lances/bows, and are as mobile and as powerful as humans.

All enemies in the tower are weak to Light/Fire. All enemies in the tower are resistant to Ice/Dark.

(And I disagree, Silver. I've been impressed with your writing so far. Don't feel like you have to write novels just 'cause I like torturing myself xd.png But I do love the long posts, I won't lie. You. Do. You <3 )

Edited by Sugar-Free

...now I'm curious WHY Mauthe Doogs are weak to Fire when they literally have fire on them. How is that explained in canon?

...now I'm curious WHY Mauthe Doogs are weak to Fire when they literally have fire on them. How is that explained in canon?

Oops, meant to be a simple descriptor. "Firery red" as in, that's the color xd.png Also, in-game, they're only specifically weak to Light (very, VERY weak to it!), but I wanted more advantages against them for our heroes (since no one explicitly wields Light magic, to my knowledge. I suppose Thunder/Electricity could count sorta kinda?)

Edited by Sugar-Free

Oops. Either I didn't see that or... you goofed. But given my eyesight, I think I didn't see the '-red' bit.

(Battle talk: Stormcatcher's probably gonna start breathing lightning at zombies once he builds up enough breath. Of course, do it for long enough and he has to rebuild his breath...

Yes, I'm using the Breath mechanic for him, in-RP it would be magical reserves that he can call on for battle. He can't use too much without rebuilding Breath, or it starts draining from the rest of him and that'd be a Bad Thing given how his biology id tied to his magic. The lightning healing factor? Kinda his body harnessing the electricity, so it could be used to replenish his magic in a serious pinch, possibly. Assuming it hasn't already shut down due to magic loss.

Solar does have PP in effect for battles, it'll be handled as her (very gradually) tiring out over the course of the battle. AKA: At the point where all moves have been fully depleted, she probably needs a break. For RP purposes, Leech Life allows her to keep going if she hasn't taken very much damage, otherwise it goes to healing her wounds.

... so those are my rough drafts for how the battle energy is handled.)

UPDATE

Dalek (aka Raptor of Dragons) is going on hiatus. These charas (Zoey & Globbers, Doey, Arctic/Vulpes) are now in Hiatus Mode, and can be ignored or lightly NPC'd. However, they will not engage in dialogue, and will not be considered pivotal parts of the plot until they return.

If Felix posts, I believe that frees up padfoot to post soon~

Edited by Sugar-Free

I'll do my best to get a post up asap!

And... I don't really trust those elixrs that Alex found. I dunno, something about it makes me feel like it's a trap...

EDIT: Well, I certainly got that post up quicker than expected...

Edited by Felixr2

Thankyou Felix smile.gif

Also, how big is azumarill? I don't think Ratchet is that short lol

Felix, I think you linked the forums xd.png

woops wrong link... gonna fix that!

EDIT: Fixed! Oh, and padfoot, what Azumarill have you been looking at? They're blue with a white bubble pattern on their waist and below their waist completely white, but with blue feet. So my point is, the ears are blue, not white. xd.png <- Ignore this. Apparently I can't read properly.

Edited by Felixr2

Well at least the anime is consistent about Ash being incredibly powerful. Okay it actually isn't. But if the image I linked before cares enough to let Azumarill and Sentret have the same size, I think that's enough to use it as proper reference. Or we just follow the pokédex, so we're almost certainly wrong, and say it's 2'07". (I mean seriously, the pokédex says that Grimer was formed by X-RAYS from THE MOON.)

I think it is 2'7". That's still pretty big. About up to your hip.

Ratchet is about 3'10" or 5'6" depends on the game

My Ratchet is about 4'1"

(Well the pokedex was written by children.)

Well the pokedex was written by children.

Wasn't that just a theory?

And a debunked one at that, as in the Origins anime Red is seen adding entries to his pokédex and recieving information about the pokémon right on the spot, with the explanation that the pokédex determines this on the spot by analizing the pokémon. How does it do this? Ask professor Oak, apparently he's smarter than we were thinking.

Long story short, the pokédex was written by itself. Based on assumptions it made, so that probably explains why it's quite terribly wrong from time to time.

It's also pretty funny that pretty much every pokédex entry for Gloom mentions how much it smells, while Gloom can learn Sweet Scent. And pretty much every pokédex entry for Rhydon mentoins how strong it's tackles are, yet Rhydon is one of the very few pokémon that can't learn Tackle. At all. And we have our dear Magcargo who's hotter than the sun. And Oak petting a Muk, whose entire body should be composed of lethal toxins.

By the way, I don't think I'd be the right person to let our little group enter Dire, Dire Docks, because of a severe lack of experience with Super Mario 64. >.<

Edited by Felixr2

@Sugar-Free

I was thinking about bringing in another of the 11 (basically they've noticed Stormcatcher's missing, leave to find out what is going on because if they don't the Shade could become a problem, and poof, welcome to Smashtopia, thanks Nix/Eos).

I was originally gonna not do it or hold applying off till after certain events, but now I'm thinking about doing it now because we've got a bunch of charas who were supposed to go in paintings lightly NPCed. (I believe one set of Dalek's was headed to each painting. And with light NPCing, Valerie's functionally alone in SSL if they aren't being involved in that..)

Edited by Dusky_Flareon