Polar

Adventures in Fantasyland

"Hon, you just ask me to marry you and now you ask me that? " She giggled. "This all feels like a dream after the hell I've been through. And if it is.. I don't want to wake up from it. " she kissed him again fingering his hair for a moment. "However we are too slow at making lunch and I'm feeding two now. We should make lunch.." she grinned and let go of his hair, leaving him with a bedraggled look.

-------

"Wa-" the wolf kin's tail went nuts as he chuckled at her straightforward approach which turned into a low hum as he wrapped his arms around her one hand through her hair, the other rubbing her back. He broke off for a second to whisper. "Now that's my Hell cat.." with a crooked grin before smooching her again.

----

He looked panicky, nostrils flaring. "Are you nuts? I said get on that rock! Don't kill the male! And don't worry about me I've dealt with them before, I want you safe! " he said pushing her to the rock as the cougar meweled weakly. The cat groaned and got to its paws walking away before staggering and falling on the ground again. Craven went over to see if the male was alright. Keeping his distance and picking it with a branch.

------

She nodded and finished her meal and tea. "How about we start the lessons tomorrow?" Lain asked swirling her tea leaves in her cup.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

"Hmm, good point," Damien hummed in agreement. "I assure you, Gala, it's not a dream. If it was, I think I'd know," He said, sighing at the feeling of her mouth against his and pouting when she pulled away. "Aw, you're no fun," He said, sticking out his lower lip at her and running a hand through his messy hair, fixing it only slightly but mostly just making it worse.

"You decent?" Tucker yelled.

Damien rolled his eyes. "Get in here. It's not like we're doing the deed on the countertop. Honestly," He said as the teen walked in. "We're having Sloppy Joe's for lunch. Sound good?"

"Sounds just fine," Tucker said with a shrug, looking faintly disgusted at Damien's previous comment. "I'm starved."

"Didn't you, like, just eat?" Damien asked.

"Several hours ago, yeah. Hey, are Waylond and Lucy coming over for dinner?" Tucker asked, sitting down in a kitchen chair. "I didn't know if it would be different this time around since Galadriel is here."

"You know, I'm not completely sure," Damien said, pausing for a moment. "Actually, I think they're out of town, so my guess is no."

"Just checking," Tucker said. "When is Lucy due again?"

"Late January, I believe. They're having a girl," Damien said, speaking mainly to Galadriel. "I'll have to call Waylond to make sure they're actually out of town. Pretty sure they're visiting Lu's parents. You know I got them together, Gala? Saved her from human traffickers before they took her out of the city and had her under Waylond's watch for a while. Next thing I know, they're getting married and I'm the best man. Funny how things work."

~

Brienna chuckled at his comment, moving to kiss along his jawline and down to the hollow of his throat. "You're mine now, Hellhound," She purred against his throat before kissing him on the lips once more before hovering above him with a cheeky grin. "How does that make you feel?"

~

"It had you pinned to a tree!" Luna protested. "I wasn't just going to stand there! I'm not helpless!" She huffed, crossing her arms and staying put by the rock. "Is it alright? Why, exactly, do you not want to kill it? I know us centaurs are all about protecting wildlife but it was trying to kill us, in case you hadn't noticed."

~

"Tomorrow it is," Hades agreed. "Once we're farther along I can take you to meet some real dragons. I have relatives just about everywhere, it's a bit of a pain keeping track of them all. Not to mention family drama, what with coming from both Northern and Southern bloodlines. I bet you can imagine what Thanksgiving is like." He chuckled, obviously joking in his last sentence. "What did you have planned for today?"

Edited by polaristar

Galadriel smacked his shoulder at his comment. "Shame on you!" She set her hands on his hips. "Don't you know growing werewolf pups need a lot of protein? It basically goes straight to muscle with them. " She listened to the story as she started working on lunch. Once again she felt like a third wheel. She's accepted that she'd have this feeling for a while. Inside jokes being made, stories told that one would have to be there to really think it's hilarious, little traditions like dinner with others or even a Daly routine..... she felt like a spike strip in a car chase. Everyone is going to fast then suddenly she's there blowing up everyone's schedules.

Although he has spent years searching for her, he also had years of living his life and having a family. There wasn't much life in a ten by ten concrete box with an iron door for her to live other than fighting for her own existence. She faked interest and replied with an - "Oh? The world sure does work in mysterious ways." Adding seasons to a pot of meat and beans. She stirred the concoction and let it simmer, getting down plates and utensils, setting the table and minding her own business leaving the boys to talk. Her eyes were a dull smokey grey. The kind of color they get when she's just... doing.. and not really thinking or feeling anything. She took the box with the dress and went upstairs to put it away so it won't get messy.

--------

Hunter groaned like a dog getting a good ear rub at her trail of kisses. His single eye tried to focus on her when she pulled away. "Like the luckiest damned dog in the world...." he muttered. "If I'm a good boy would you do that again?" He asked with a throaty husk to his voice as he smiled, a little fang peeking out from under his lip. He moved his hand from her hair to her neck. "That purr drives me crazy Hell cat..."

------

"Because this cat has been here a while, and the last time when grandpa killed a old puma, a younger stronger male moved in and killed him. Nearly killed me too until this one drove it away. We have our skirmishes, but neither one of us hurt the other to much to the point of dieing. Call it a mutual respect for the other's strength" He smacked the cats rear end and it weakly growls at him, however it allowed him to come close enough to give it a herb, which it took and after ten minutes, got up barring its teeth at him before limping off. "I don't want to kill him because of that. Yes we give each other scars, but once I stand my ground, and he knows I won't give up he usually goes away and finds another area to hunt. This place from the city to the base of the mountains is his land. I simply live here. He knows better than to mess with you now though. Now it's the nursing females we have to worry about in the spring." He explained, limping with his hind legs, blood still staining the snow. His flank would have several more scars on it, along with his chest but he seems used to the pain.

-----

Lian's eyes lit up. "Would you really? It will be a great honor to meet your family. I imagine it'll be like fire and brimstone." She smiled slightly. "Nothing really, my daily chores, then tending to the Zen garden, and self defense practice, then meditation until dinner. My usual routine."

"But Dire said..." Damien started before sighing. "Fiineee." He noticed Galadriel sort of... wilting, and he watched her carefully as she finished and went towards the stairs. "Watch the kids, Tuck, I'll be right back."

"Have fun - ow!" Damien had smacked him on the back of the head as he passed.

"Gala, what's wrong?" He asked as he followed her. "I know you like I know the back of my hand. What's wrong? Did I do something?" He wrapped an arm around her waist. "Talk to me."

~

"Good," Brienna said, staring down at Hunter with a tantalizing smirk. "Maybe I will." She planted a kiss on his jaw and nuzzled his neck with a purr. "If you ask nicely, I might."

~

"Oh..." Luna said slowly, seeing Craven's logic. "That makes sense." Once the puma had limped off she rushed to help him, wrapping an arm around his torso for support. "Let's get back so that I can help stop the bleeding. Don't want your wounds to get infected."

~

"I would be happy to," Hades said with a grin and a low chuckle that vibrated in his chest. "Do you mind if I tag along? After a nap, I'm exhausted. I'd love to watch your self defense practice. I'm quite adept in the art myself, I'd love to see your skills. Perhaps I can teach you something, or vise versa."

Edited by polaristar

"Did you know you have a freckle in the shape of a heart between the knuckles of your last two fingers of your right hand?" She said flatly putting away the box. She sighed. "I kinda feel like Tony the tiger's nose. Everyone assumes it's black.. but it's actually blue. Once people discover that it changes their way of seeing him. I'm just.... there. Damien I know you love me, but I've changed. Look at you you have a family, friends, traditions that where just fine without me. I.... just have this baby and myself. The world is different. I've been shut away from the world for so long, I don't know what changed. Cars are different, technology advanced so much, culture and styles changed....

You say you're different, but really you haven't changed. I have. I'm more animal from my time in the ring. I just don't feel right in my skin. I don't feel right here. I feel like a third wheel here. You.. the kids..... I have had that feeling for a while now. I'm fine, just emotions and hormones making me depressed. Go.. enjoy your Christmas."

-------

"Pleeeeeessssse......." he growls lowly. He tilted his head kissing down her neck, nibbling below her ear. "Do that again my sexy Hell cat..." he nosed her.

-------

He nodded and headed back to the hut and showed her the herbs needed and stripped his shirt to clean his wounds. He had scars all over his body, some crossing over the others a bite mark on his upper arm, and something that looked like a burn on his lower back.

--------

Lian stood up. "Let me show you to your sleeping quarters. I wouldn't bother trying to teach me. I am a pacifist. I detest violence, but my father insisted on me learning." She said shyly at his chuckle. She lead him to a room with a view of the mountains. "If there's anything you need, just pull on that red silk cord by your bed and a servant will come to you. They all understand English, although not all speak it. I hope everything will be to you liking Mr. Hades..." she bowed lowly before turning around and leaving.

"You've only been here a few weeks, you need time to adjust," Damien said gently. "Tell you what - tomorrow, I'll get you started on crash course to present day. Stop beating yourself up so much. Things will become normal in time. And I'm certainly not letting you stay up here all alone during Christmas. And if you insist on staying up here, then I'll tell the kids we're spending Christmas in here," He said, kissing her forehead. "After the holidays, everything will go back to normal, and I'll teach you everything you need to know about the modern world. Sound good?"

~

Brienna shuddered as his teeth nibbled the sensitive skin below her ear, pressing herself closer to him. "If you insist," She purred, kissing down his jawline once more and nipping gently at the skin of his neck. A loud banging at the door interrupted them and Brienna growled, looking up with a scowl. "Well, there goes our moment." She rolled off of him and sighed, straightening her hair and shirt, which was slightly disheveled. "Can you get the door?"

((feel free to RP Luna's parents if you want to start, or I can, it doesn't matter))

~

Considering Luna was not the medical sort of person, she was quite good at cleaning and dressing Craven's wounds. She would have appreciated the view of his muscular torso if it weren't for the situation at hand. "I assume you got the rest from cats too... except for this one," She said softly, running a thumb over his burn. "Is that from the fire?"

~

"Thank you," Hades hummed, grabbing Lian's wrist in a featherlight hold before she left. "And please, just Hades will do. Mister makes me feel old," He said with a chuckle. "If your father returns before I wake, let him know I am here so that it does not come as a complete surprise - though I doubt he will be anyways. Your father is very perceptive - he does not miss much."

"Sure.... But I'm tired. I didn't sleep until you came home and I got up early to make breakfast. If you don't mind, I'd like to nap. You better keep an eye on lunch so it doesn't get burned. Okay?" She said wiggling out of his grasp and laying down on the bed, curling up into a ball and shifting into her fox form hiding under the pillows, her tiny black nose poking out from beneath it.

---------

(( you can control york's brother and luna's brother, i think i got the idea of the mother's personality))

Hunter groaned and heaved a sigh dragging his feet to the door and opening it. "What?" He snapped, irritated that they had to stop what they where doing. "I was told a man called the Hell hound could help me." A female centaur poked her head in the room, her grey horse body was cramped in the narrow hallway. "So if you're not him, tell me where he is immediately!" She demanded.

Hunter blinked. "Why do you seek me?" he said lowly. "My daughter has gone missing and I need her found pronto!" "Today is my day off ma'am. It's Christmas." He said flatly " I don't give a hoot about your frivolous holiday, I need my daughter found now! Shes been missing for five months! I heard you where the best at tracking people down. She can not manage on her own, what if some lowly human took advantage of her and used her as a...." A shiver. "pack horse! The horror! My daughter subjected to that! No, I'll pay you five grand extra to go out right now, and you can take her with you." She pointed at Brienna. " I looked everywhere and couldn't find her. I asked around and she was working at a Cafe. I have this of hers. you'll get the other twenty after you take me to her." She said. She obviously wont take no for an answer as she presented him with a hair brush.

Hunter looked at his girl. " Um.... twenty five grand could get a nice house for us..... But it's up to you. Do you want me to take this deal?" He asked her.

-----------

"Actually, I got some of them from setting up traps. A few are from werewolves that ate some fermented berries. Most are from the cat yes." He shivered when she touched the burn. "During the fire, when my parents went back for Ryu, I separated from my grandpa and ran back to your place. Your house was in flames by that time, and I couldn't see from the smoke, so when a red hot metal beam came down on my back I got startled and ran away as fast as I could..... That's why I thought you had died... I thought I heard coughing but... I think it was my own and my heart beating loudly in my ears." He spoke softly, like the memory was still burned in his mind as it was on his skin. He didn't realize he was leaning up against her, still shivering.

----------

Lian's cheeks turned the color of bubble gum at his gentle touch."He will not return until noon tomorrow Mist-....." Her cheeks then changed to the color of a red rose bud at this sudden use of informality. " H-Hades..." She whispered softly. "I-indeed, father is.. v-vary perceptive... a-and clever. I.......Y-You should rest now. I'm c-certain you are exhausted...."

"If you're sure," Damien said, running a thumb over Galadriel's soft fur before heading down to watch the kids and finish lunch.

~

((Sounds good))

Brienna twitched an eyebrow, leaping lightly to her feet and watching the lady centaur with a look of bemused disbelief. A man's head poked through the door, looking about as annoyed as Hunter. "Mrs. Hayes, it is Christmas. Besides, I highly doubt that Luna is being used as a pack horse." He mouthed 'Sorry' to the two. "I'm Boston, by the way."

"Nice to meet you, I guess," Brienna said with a shrug. "I guess so. Might as well get it over with. I'm a good tracker, between the two of this it shouldn't take long."

~

"I'm sorry," Luna said, wrapping an arm around his torso and leaning into his side. "I'm sorry I didn't come look for you the first chance I had." She was silent, thumb still grazing the scar as she felt him tremble.

~

Hades smirked lightly at Lian's embarrassment and released her. "Thank you." He curled on the bed, looking more like a dragon than like a man, and quickly dropped off to sleep.

Hunter sighed and took the brush, studying it and taking a sniff before handing it to breinna to do the same. Worming passed the two horse bodies he lead the way outside, shifted and started trotting around the block, sniffing around. He stopped outside of a herb store near the edge of town, right before the forest started. Shifting back he went inside asking a couple questions. Returning he looks at the horse people. "The owner said he saw a flea bitten mare centaur with a pinto mustang Pegasus centaur that lives in the woods. They came in for more herbs. He pointed me in the direction they come in from."

"A what?! Oh my poor baby! oh Boston, you must get my daughter away from that mustang! My daughter should only be with a thorough bred such as yourself and your brother, rest his soul in peace! And a Pegasus at that!" Mrs. Hayes huffed. Hunter blinked.

"He said she looked lively, and healthy for a pregnant mare. He said the stallion is called Craven. He's a medicine maker. He came in four or five weeks prior to get herbs for weight gain and stopped by the tack shop to get hoof strengthening polish for damaged hooves. The thing is, the man never saw the centaur look anything less than picture perfect health. Well groomed and hooves strong and clipped. It sounds to me, your precious daughter is in very good hands. I'll still take you to her, a deal is a deal, however I will not assist you any further than that. " Hunter said.

"Pregnant?!" The female shrieked. "What direction?! Take me there now!" She demands her legs dancing around on the concrete.

----------

"You never had a choice with your parents. You know they wouldn't allow you to slip away. I had plenty of time and opportunity. If I had, you would've stayed happy, and... and my foul would be growing in you... "he rubbed the baby bump affectionately. "You'd never had experienced hunger or pain that you did. " he kissed the top of her head and slipped a wing around her. "I've always have loved you Luna boona. Always, and still do. .... very very much so. "

He spoke softly, pulling a blanket around his upper body to stave off the cold.

------

She nodded and left going to do her chores. She ordered a hot bowl of rice and dumplings to be brought to him when he woke and went to the Zen garden to tend to her winter flowers and comb the sand.

Brienna took the brush, inhaling and feeling the distinct nature smell of a female centaur hit her tongue. Following Hunter out the door, she too shifted, ignoring the shocked gasps of the two centaurs at her appearance and trotting around nearby Hunter, managing to pick up the scent which the two followed to a herb store at the edge of town. They shifted back and Hunter got the information that they needed while Brienna leaned against the wall, surveying the two centaurs interestedly. "Not sure what's wrong with the winged centaurs."

"There's nothing wrong with 'em," Boston grunted with a roll of his eyes. "Honestly, rest his soul. York is still causing trouble, even dead."

"Now don't be like that Boston! I know you two didn't always get along, but have some respect!" Mrs. Hayes said scoldingly.

"Something he was sorely lacking," Boston muttered, and Brienna snorted.

Hunter was agreeing to them leading the two centaurs to their missing relative, offhandedly mentioning that the girl was pregnant and causing Mrs. Hayes to flip out.

"Pregnant?!" Boston exclaimed. "What did I tell you, still causing trouble! Look, why can't you just leave her alone? If Luna wanted to come back, don't you think she would have by now?"

"But being pregnant changes everything!" Mrs. Hayes said hysterically, hooves stamping on the ground. "Your niece or nephew needs to be raised by its kin, Boston, and that's you."

"I have my own mare and unborn foal to worry about! Luna can handle herself, I'm sure. And from the sounds of it, this Craven fellow is more than able to take care of her too."

Brienna sighed, shooting Hunter a look that said 'Can you believe them?' and tapping her fingers against her leg impatiently.

"I will not have my grandfoal be raised by Craven, that winged abomination! That's the whole reason we moved after that fire all those years ago, I didn't want her going and falling for the likes of that boy!"

"You knew him?!" Brienna and Boston said together. The male centaur's lips pursed. "What's next, you started the fire too?"

"Of course not, why would I burn down my home too?" Mrs. Hayes snapped. "Now, take me to my wayward daughter at once!"

"Because we were the ones holding this up," Brienna muttered, hearing Boston snort as she shifted once more and scenting the air. A faint scent came from the woods. "Got the scent Hunter, it's this way," She told him, trotting into the woods.

~

Luna blushed and sighed. "If only things had been different." She smiled and kissed his cheek. "I always loved you too. At least you're here now, to raise the little one like your own." She rested her head against his chest. "How are your wounds feeling? I hope they're not bothering you too much. I can go out and get some herbs from the shop if you need me too."

~

After a couple hours of rest, Hades awoke and stretched, tail curling out as he yawned, showing off his sharp teeth. Feeling no need for food, he padded quietly out of the room, catching Lian's scent on the air and following it outside. He rubbed a hand through his hair, straightening it slightly and treading through the garden paths, spotting her combing the said. "What are you doing?" He asked curiously, coming up behind her. "Is there a reason behind combing the sand, other than making it look nice?"

Hunter rolled his eye. "So glad I like my future in-laws. " he muttered. He rolled his shoulders and shifted back to a wolf following her. He stopped when he smelled blood and followed it to the area where hoof prints, and paw prints where all around. Looks like one got wounded. Feathers littered the ground.

He followed this till he reached a clearing with a large hut and a lake that was half frozen.

Craven nodded. "Yeah, I'll go with you. I need to ask him about newborn herbs. You were thin for a while, I want to make sure the foal gets enough nutrients when it's born." He slipped on a fur sweater over his bandages and grabbed a spear walking out of the hut. "And we still need to get bedding for the extra room. "I'm sure my little brother would've been stoked to find out his name was on your list of choices. He would've been twenty two years-......... Luna... we have company." He lowered the spear at the black wolf.

Mrs.Hayes galloped passed Hunter and to her daughter. "Get away from my baby girl you inbred winged abomination! Luna, you're coming with me this instant! I've brought Boston here, and he'll take you and your foal back to his wife where my grandchild can be raised with proper centaurs, and not feel ostracized by this mutated freak!" She shot craven a dirty look.

-----

"To attract good and calming chi, and to make it look like waves. Water and earth coexist, and are different, one is solid, one liquid. One is feminine, the other masculine. They represent the yin and yang of the earth. To have good chi, and a calm, clear mind one must first find balance within oneself." She said like she had spoken it many times. "Combing patterns helps bring balance within, and around you. It can bring happiness, calm your anger, lesson your sadness and ease your nerves. Wouldn't you like to try master Dragon?" She asked holding out the bamboo rake.

Brienna snorted at Hunter's comment, following behind him to the sight where an evident fight had taken place. "Didn't hit a major organ though. You can tell by the scent of it, whoever got hurt is likely fine," She said, stopping beside Hunter as he was threatened by a young male centaur with a spear. A gray dappled female centaur stood behind him.

"Mom? Boston?" Luna said incredulously.

"This outta be good," Brienna muttered, sitting down in the snow. "It's like some sort of weird centaur soap opera."

"Mom, don't call Craven that!" Luna exclaimed angrily. "He is not an imbred! Winged centaurs are completely normal and not at all uncommon!"

"Sorry Luna," Boston said apologetically. "I tried to talk her out of it."

"I can see how well that went," Luna sighed, shoving off her mother. "I'm not going back with you, I'm happy hear! Happier than I ever was back with York, or with you and dad for that matter!"

"You absolutely are coming with me, young lady, and there's nothing you can do about it! It's custom!" Her mother contradicted. "Look at you, you've gone absolutely feral. What happened to all your civilized manners?"

Luna rolled her eyes helplessly and sent Boston a pleading look. Said centaur cut in. "Actually I don't have to take her as long as she has another male centaur to look after her. Lesser known tradition, but still valid. And Luna looks much better and happier here than she ever did with you or my brother. Besides, I have my own mate and foal to take care of. At least here her foal will be given proper fatherly attention."

"I will not have my grandchild raised like a... a feral animal!" Mrs. Hayes exclaimed, her voice jumping a pitch and causing Brienna to wince at the sound.

"You can't force her," Boston said. "I'm more than happy to let her stay here with Craven, on the condition that I can visit my niece or nephew every once in a while."

"She will do no such thing!" Her mother protested. "You're supposed to be helping my cause, Boston, not hers!"

"Mom, all you've ever been is uncaring and controlling. You know tradition states that if there is a male that is able and willing to take care of me, than the sibling law is exempted. So leave me be," She said, sending Craven a pleading look. "I'm happy here! Why does my being happy torture you so much?"

~

"Ah, I see," Hades hummed, realizing it was quite close to the idea of mates, two halves of a whole. "I suppose I will try," He agreed, kneeling down beside her and taking the rake, pulling it through the sand. He wondered if it would be a wise decision to tell her of his bond - perhaps sooner rather than later would be better, so that she would not find out from the dragon brethren he had promised to take her to meet. "The theme of two halves of a whole - yin and yang, masculine and feminine, water and earth - is a common theme among dragons. Among my species the idea of mates is viewed the same way. They are two halves, that together, complete each other. Did you know that?" He asked softly. "Oftentimes a mate will supply what the other lacks. Weakness to strength, light to darkness, care to emotionless - the bond is never wrong. It supplies us with exactly what we need to complete us, and eventually, it is like the two individuals become one, for the strength of the bond that draws them together, body and soul. That is how it was explained to me by my parents, when I was young." Hades hoped she would get the hint that he was tossing her way - he wanted her to figure it out on her own, with a little nudge from him.

"Very. I should've brought popped corn. " he said sitting next to her. He whimpers and flattened his ears at the shrill voice of the centaur female.

Craven shoved himself in between her mother and Luna. He was larger then Mrs. Hayes and even more muscular then Boston. He snorted. "I have the means to provide for her. I am not feral!

I don't need money and a fancy city, life, I've had that and all it brought me was misery. I can provide for her here, treat her with the care, respect and love that she needs and deserves and you neglected her of! You speak of tradition, when you paint your face and live in the city with the ones with two legs when tradition says that such actions are forbidden! There is another, and well known tradition, as well. I have the right to challenge her mate's sibling to a fight vas long as I can prove I can protect, and provide the necessities for her, and, if he loses or forfeits, she is free to live with me." He said sternly but softly, lowering the spear tip to the ground.

"Luna was starved, beaten and abused until that monster's death. She was so thin her ribs showed. Her hooves were long and cracking, tail and fur matted in places. She tried her very best to provide on her own. I have lost everyone. My parents and my little brother in that fire. My grandfather died six years ago. With his death, I the soul survivor of the blood line of Pegasus and Cahava, inherited this land from my grandpa. I have a hut, with two rooms in it and furs for warmth. I am trained in medicine and healing. I also sewed her clothing she currently has on. I have recently fought off a cougar who tried to attack her.... and she actually helped me and knocked the poor cat out cold for ten minutes. I have a lake for water and baths, I have two store houses full of food for the winter, and plenty of healthy foods growing in my garden and around here. "

He turned to Boston. "I have proven that I am eligible and capable of tending to the mare with foal whom is promised to you. I Craven Wilde challenge you to a duel of strength. Do you accept this challenge, or do you forfeit the mare to me to be my mate? If you do forfeit, you may come and visit she and the foal whenever you can. If you do not, I will beat you, and request that you never return to this land again." He said formally.

"He accepts your challenge." Mrs. Hayes said. Craven looked at her. "Mrs. Hayes, once you have given your daughter's hand in marriage, tradition states you no longer control her, or decide for her, but it is the mate that does, and in his absence, the next of kin. Not the mother. I am asking Boston in accordance to the tradition you wish to keep." He looked back at the dark stallion.

------

"Yes, I know this. And I know what we are. Father also explained that to me when I was of age. I saw it when I met you. You are dark, roughness, strength, forceful. I am your yin, the light, Grace, and gentleness that you need. " She said softly with a blush. "I am intelligent and more clever than my father. I also am observant. Your speech and actions change around me. Your voice gets softer and loses it's edge. You're careful with your claws when you touch me, and you check your strength as well. I however, was waiting for you to approach the subject first. It's hard not to notice it actually. "

Brienna chuffed out a laugh. "Pity we didn't know things would get this entertaining. All the traditions centaurs have lead to so much family drama. Do they have a TV show like that? Because they should," She said, licking his cheek as he whimpered at the noise. "Oh, a fight challenge." She started chanting fight under her breath with amusement sparkling in her eyes.

"Mother, you cannot accept the challenge for Boston!" Luna exclaimed angrily. "He has to do it himself. Everything Craven was saying is absolutely true, I don't want to go back with you and Boston."

"No offence taken," Boston said dryly. "I already said I wanted to be able to visit every once in a while. And since I'm going to be a father your foal won't get the attention it deserves from me. If you're happy here, Luna, then I think you should stay."

The large black stallion met Craven's eyes. "I, Boston Maelstrom, reject your challenge. Luna may stay here peacefully with no objections from me." He ignored Luna's mother as he continued. "I know you'll take care of her. Once my foal is born I will return with it and my mate - I am curious about your way of life."

Luna tackled Boston in a hug. "Thanks, Boston."

"You're welcome, Luna," He said. "Come on Mrs. Hayes, let's go. We've found Luna and as tradition dictates I have decided that she will stay here under Craven's care. Besides, I'm sure the Hell Hound wants his payment."

"You know what I wanted? A fight," Brienna muttered, standing and shaking the snow off of her hindquarters, hissing and flattening her ears as Mrs. Hayes gave off a frustrated shriek.

"Boston, you were supposed to take her back where she and the foal can be cared for properly!"

"From the looks of things, both will be care for just fine here. Much better than with you or I, at any rate. I'm not my brother, I know when to let things go!" Boston snapped, grabb the female centaurs by the arm and pulling her away. "Sorry about this," He apologized to Hunter and Brienna. "You'll get your money as soon as you get back. See you in a few months, Luna!"

"Bye Boston! Say hello to Daisy for me!" Luna called, waving at the black coated stallion as he left with her mother in tow.

"Thank goodness that's over," Luna said to Craven in obvious relief.

~

"Perhaps more clever than he gives you credit for," Hades said with a chuckle before giving a dramatic sigh. "Ah, I've gone soft. I never believed what the dragons said about the mate business. I am willing to take it however slow as you want. I can be patient, especially for something that is well worth it. Just being around is enough," He told her, tail that could easily break a man's spine curling lightly around her torso and pulling her against his chest. "Didn't realize it was that obvious, however. Perhaps I'm not as subtle as I give myself credit for," He laughed, tail releasing its hold and allowing her to pull away if she would like. "What else is on your agenda for the day?"

"Eh, as long as I'm paid so we can settle down and have weird saber tooth kitten pups of our own I'm fine..." He said rubbing his head under her chin and trotted behind the centaur female nipping at her ankles when she was moving to slow and dodging her hooves when she tried to kick at him.

---

Craven nodded to Boston's comment. "She will be taken care of. And this lifestyle is more traditional than yours, I'll be here. Take care sir." He called to them and turned to Luna hugging her. "Yes... thank goodness it is. I couldn't lose you again. If she had taken you, you best be assured that I will find you again and take you back. I have a chance to make my own family, rebuild a happy life with you. I wasn't going to give that up. Now... come on, let's go get some more herbs. It's going to be a long winter....."

----

She lightly grabbed his tail before it slipped behind his back, and had it curl around her wrist. "No, not at all subtle." She studied the overlapping scales and traced the outline of a few as they grew smaller at the tip of the whip like appendage. "Next is my self defense classes then meditation. Although, you may just want to watch the class. I don't believe you'd allow yourself to strike me, even in practice and training. This tail could easily crush a man, and slice through wood with a flick. However, you wrapped it around me so lightly, it could've been a silk chord loosely tied around my waist.

Slow... that's fine with me too. Although I know what we are, it still is a lot to process. And.."She places a small soft hand on his chest over his heart. "Larks are good at sensing emotions in the voice. You are in turmoil with yourself. You wish to do good, but being an officer isn't enough, so you make yourself a vigilante. However as such, you break the laws you swear to uphold. You are a man of action and strength, and constantly check yourself around me. This makes me uneasy. Hearing all this strife in only a few words. Why don't you meditate with me while you're here. I am your opposite, perhaps I can help you calm this inner storm you carry. " She looked up at him with her big royal blue eyes.

---

When lunch time came, Galadriel didn't come down the stairs to eat. She "napped" for most of the day actually.

Brienna snickered and rolled her eyes, batting playfully at him. "They'd be wolfkin or werecat, not both, you nitwit!" She exclaimed, rubbing her head against his shoulder with a purr. "Impatient much?" She said in amusement as he nipped at the female centuar than danced out of the way of her hooves. Brienna bit back a yelp as she was nicked by a wayward hoof but limped slightly. It would heal quickly enough, especially since she was currently a cat, so she wasn't too concerned and didn't want to cause any trouble (and at the same time make sure Hunter didn't for the accident).

"So, are you two..." Boston started uncertainly, having watched the odd exchange between Hunter and Brienna.

"Well, considering winged centaur filth can now apparently be with pure blooded centaurs like my daughter, no thanks to you, Boston," Mrs. Hayes said with a sneer, "I suppose a mutt wolfkin can be with a finely bred werecat."

"Mrs. Hayes, watch what you say!" Boston said sharply. "Not only is that extremely rude, but you're talking about the Hell Hound here. Smaller or not, I have no doubt he could gut us both without a problem if he wanted."

Brienna huffed in agreement, murmuring a warning "Don't," at Hunter and sending him a glance that said she would hold him back if he tried to start anything because of the offensive comment.

~

"I don't doubt it, Craven," Luna responded, smiling at him. "We already are family, Craven, we always have been, even if it's not by blood. We just have a foal to make it more official," She said, rubbing the baby bump affectionately. "Once springtime rolls around we'll need to go out and get baby clothes, before I'm too big to properly travel," Luna said, addressing the fact that once a pregnant centaur hit eight or nine months she would stop traveling until the foal was born. "I guess we'll need to find out the gender first though, what do you think?" She asked as they trotted through the serene woods.

~

Hades smiled, giving a gentle sigh of contentment as Lian traced the scales of his tail with a finger. "I believe you're right, even if I wanted to, I wouldn't be able to harm you. Not even in training. Even my fire wouldn't harm you. It's dragon fire, which means it's magical - it knows not to harm the mate to whose dragon it belongs." He smiled. "The art of self-control is something I have long since mastered. All things considered, it is something that is absolutely necessary." He placed a hand over hers, holding it in place over his heart. "I have always been in turmoil, though your presence calms me slightly. I have meditated since I was a teenager, and still it hasn't lessened - I feel it is less circumstantial and more so in my blood. Northern and Southern dragons aren't supposed to reproduce together, their natures are... too different. Many a child of such a heritage has gone insane for the war that wages inside them. I have blood from both, and am always wary for the madness that might be inside me." He shivered at the thought. "But certainly, I will meditate with you. I have not done so in many days, it is long past due."

~

Around 4 o'clock, Damien went back up to the bedroom to wake up Galadriel. He didn't want her sleeping so much that her sleep schedule got thrown off, and trusting that Tucker could watch the other three, went to wake her up. "Gala, you awake? It's four already, I don't want you sleeping to long. I've already started dinner," He told her, rubbing a hand lightly down her fur.

"Mutt you say? She's the strange one. You see Mrs. Hayes, you should listen to your son in law.... because the last name Dire has been whispered in the shadows for centuries. Every generation gets twice as strong and twice as fast. And my line in particular, has remained unbroken Alpha male for forty nine generations. I am the fiftieth. The Dire family is bred with only the strongest and fastest in the pack. This is because we are bred for one porpoise only...."

He leapt up and snapped at her side making her skitter into Boston. "To kill. We are assassin's, born and raised as such. Boston is right.... if I felt like it, I can slaughter you both. However, it's Christmas, and I'm in a good mood. However, keep moving those lips, and I'll remove your tongue. Just remember.... I can easily get thirty five grand by selling just one of you in parts. Consider yourself lucky, you are the first woman I have ever threatened to kill, but I'm not that kind of man. Boston's mate needs him, and although you annoy the Hell out of me, you still owe me cash. " He trotted ahead of them now. "And why fight it? It's fated. The auras they have are the same. In fact.... I've never seen any two auras the exact same color.... " his tail wagged "And yes, this big fluffy rug with teeth is mine and mine alone." He said looking back at breinna with a grin so wide he sneezed. "I still say we'll have mutated kitten pups. Wouldn't that be awesome? Your size with saber teeth and the speed of a wolf with the power of a werecat! They definitely won't get picked on for being short!"

-----

"I .... um... can't afford a doctor's visit though... " He said softly trotting beside her. "That's why I studied medicine in herbs and such. I can self medicate and treat those who can't afford modern medicine. I'll save up though for a ultra sound if you want to find out the gender. I'll have to sell more furs this winter. Hopefully a pretty lady such as yourself can bring more people to my shop. It's owned by Earl, but he lets me have the space for free if I give him first choice of my carvings and furs every year. He didn't take much, and uses them as gifts. That reminds me, I need to swing by the shop to see how business is. Earl's grandson is watching the register. He'd ask all sorts of questions about centaurs. He thinks it's really cool to work for one. " He said getting to the city and trotting down the lane.

---

Lian shook her head and tut tutted at him. "Blood is blood. It simply flows through the body. It knows no right or wrong, or difference between north and south. That alone is in your mind. I will help you. It will not be easy, or quick.... but I have meditated with my father and sensi since I was five and started my training. Perhaps now that you've found me, it will be easier to calm your heart, body then mind. Now... I must not be late. Please, follow me.. " she took the hand that held her own against his heart and lead him to her dojo.

She left him and went into a room to change into her sparring clothes and returned, bowing to her master as a gong rang out. The two started to fight. Although she was short and frail looking, she fought well and very skillfully. Another person for a two on one once the master hit the mat. Then after she floored them three when in the third guy larger then the other two. However, she started to struggle and with a strike she was flung back against a panel wall. The decorated large wooden fan with a relief of a tiger and a Phoenix on it came loose and fell on top of her as the wall fell forward, being knocked lose as well. She was buried under heavy wood and silk.

-----

Galadriel wasn't sleeping, but laying awake on the bed starring at the wall. She sat up and polled on his sleeve sitting up on her back paws waving the front ones in the air as if asking him to carry her down. Her eyes had reddish brown streaks around the eyes like she had been crying in this form.

Brienna sighed and shook her head in exasperation at Hunter, shouldering between him and the female centaur to prevent further threatening with a roll of her eyes. "You're a lost cause, you know that?" She grunted, before running a paw down her face at his absolutely ridiculous vision of their future children. "Genetics don't... they don't work like that," She said. "Hate to break it to you. It's either going to be a wolfkin or a werecat. Not some weird combination of both. At least... I don't think so." She scrunched up her nose in thought. "I tell you what, if you're right, you get to tell me 'I told you so'. Deal?" She asked, pausing shake some snow off the bottom of her paws. "How are your paws not cold? The snow is caked on to me, and it's starting to melt," She said in distaste. "I'm built for this sort of weather, and I still find it a bit... bleh."

~

"But we may not need a doctor's visit. There are some species - wolfkins being a prime example - that can see auras. I'm pretty sure that wolf with the centaurs was one. Maybe a wolfkin could tell me. Wouldn't have to pay as much money. Unless you think I should wait. I don't mind surprises. We could just get unisex stuff until the foal is born," Luna said, speaking her thoughts aloud. She chuckled at Craven's description of the boy. "Don't meet many people interested in centaurs these days. Most species think we're a bit old fashioned. Not to mention the fact that we can't really... interbreed," She said with a shrug. "Sounds like Earl will be over the moon to meet a pregnant one though," She laughed. "I could carve some things for you, if you want. I'm certainly not a professional, but I'm not too bad. Dad taught me a little without my mother knowing when I was younger, and I taught Soren what I knew."

~

Hades gave a slightly dark chuckle. "Than you have never met offspring of the two breeds before. Perhaps I will take you, one day. I know one, he's quite... mad. It's hard to explain, really, you'd have to see it to know what I'm talking about. Lives out on the island in the middle of the ocean, I have no idea where he gets his food and fresh water from," He said, shaking his head and allowing Lian to pull him along into the dojo. Hades stood against the wall, watching the fight worriedly and tensing whenever she got hit, resisting the instinct to go and protect her himself. "It's just training," He muttered to himself, flexing his hands. "You're acting like a mother hen," He continued quietly, watching as a third men, larger than the other two, entered the mat. Hades watched, knowing that she was likely no match for him, and was across the room in seconds as the fan began to fall, pulling Lian tightly to his chest as the fan and wall toppled on top of them in swift succession, cursing in draconian at both the weight as it hit his back and the jagged piece of wood that pierced through one of his wings. However, she was safe, at that was all that mattered.

"Are you alright?" He asked frantically, eyes raking over her for any blood. His own dripped down from his wing but, while painful, he knew it would heal and wasn't concerned. He pushed himself onto his hands and knees, grunting under the weight of a heavy beam as he tugged his tail free. "Little help!" He said. If it was only him, he would flip over and push it off himself, but he knew moving would mean causing the debris to fall onto Lian instead, and he couldn't have that.

~

Damien chuckled at Galadriel, scooping her up and squinting at her in the darkness. "Why have you been crying?" He asked suddenly, sitting on the bed and placing her in his lap. "Neither of us are leaving this room until you talk to me. Is what we talked about earlier still bothering you?" He asked softly, petting her snowy white fur with a gentle hand. "Or is it something else?"

"Wolves are built to run on top of the snow. Our pads act like snow shoes." He reached the hotel and stopped shifting back. "And you aren't supposed to be a saber tooth tiger, yet you are... for some weird reason. We're back, I did as you asked now give me the twenty five you owe me. " He demanded.

"You did nothing! I'm not paying you at all! You did half the work so you get paid half the price!" The female snapped. Hunter twitched at that. His eye narrowed dangerously and his voice grew cold. "Payment is expected for services rendered. You made your offer, don't uphold it, I'll use you for my payment instead." He snarled.

----

He thought about it. "A wolf kin visit would be nice. I'd like to know what gender they are so I can make toys and decorate their room. It's, Earl's grandson, Cody who'd be over the moon. You can do anything you want. The more things to bring in money the better!" They reached the herb shop and walked inside. "Earl! I need more herbs for claw wounds and good newborn herbs that would help make sure a foal is healthy. " He asked the man behind the counter. The man nodded and went into his back room looking for fresh herbs.

---

The panel and fan was lifted off of him easily. Lian had curled up into a ball. "I'm fine, it's not the first time that thing fell on me. " She muttered then saw the blood from his wing. "Oh no! Medic! " She called taking off the top part of her sparring robes and pressing it to his wing. Under it she had skin tight black under armour. She was as slender and small as she appeared, but there was some muscle tone that couldn't be seen under her large kimonos. "You're hurt! I'm sorry!"

----

She nodded. "Yes. It still upsets me. You can give me lessons all you want but.... my schooling.... my dream career... what am I to do about them? What if I'm not a good mother? Or I can't.... can't consecrate our marriage because of what was done to me? I want to be a good wife and not a stay at home mom. "

"Makes sense," Brienna said, remaining in her cat form and picking ice balls from between her pads as Hunter demanded payment. She flattened her ears and snarled at the female centaur when she refused - Brienna was becoming tired of the fickle woman.

"Don't worry, you'll still get your money, you did as she requested," Boston said firmly. "No need for any dismemberment."

Brienna snorted in amusement. The even-keeled centaur stallion had a bit of a sarcastic charm about him, in an odd sort of way. He was no where near as annoying as his in-law, at any rate.

"Fine," Mrs. Hayes huffed angrily. "Follow me." She and Boston led them to the hotel they were staying at, and Boston pulled out a briefcase with stacks of hundred dollar bills. "Count it if you'd like. There's $2,500 per stack." He slid it over to them, and Brienna took a breath, the scent of money hitting her tongue. She sat down, still in her cat form, waiting patiently for Hunter to determine whether or not the amount was right.

~

"I agree," Luna said with a nod. "Do you know of any that could help us?" She asked Craven as they arrived at the store. She followed him into the herbal shop and looked around. "Cool place," She commented, looking at the various things lining the walls. "So where'd you learn about herbs? A book?" She asked curiously, running a hand over a rabbit pelt and looking at a carving in interest.

~

Hades stood once he was able, pulling the wood from his wing with a grimace and checking for any splinters, pulling out a small chip before looking satisfied that the wound was clear of any shards of wood and starting in surprise when she pressed part of her sparring robes to the wound. "It'll be alright, it wasn't your fault. Just needs to be disinfected and stitched up, and it'll be right as rain in a few hours. I heal quickly," He said with a smile. His golden eyes swept her slightly muscular frame, which was usually hidden under her kimonos. "I could even stitch it up myself, with a first aid kit, no trouble. Not the first time something like this has happened. Yet you say the fan and wall fall often? That sounds like a bit of a safety hazard."

~

"Don't worry, I'll figure something out," Damien comforted her. "I've got connections everywhere. Once I've dealt with the ring, I'm sure we can work something out with the school board to see if you can get your GED. I think they'll understand," He said. "And I know you'll be a great mother, you're fantastic with children. And I don't think consecration is something you have to worry about. We're meant to be, remember? And what's wrong with being a stay at home mom? I understand if that's not what you want to do, but that doesn't mean I don't think it's just as valuable as being a teacher or a lawyer."

Hunter picked up a bundle and flipped through it then looked under each stack, seeing that it's all there. He snapped the case shut picking it up. "Looks good. Thanks for your business." He said curtly and walked back to the hotel that he and Brie where staying at. Once inside he heaved a sigh and sat down on a chair. "All that for one pony. Completely ruined the my mood too. Stupid centurs..."

------

"Earl is from a line of druids. As for me, my grandpa taught me everything, and my mom did too." Craven said centering out of the back room carrying bag of herbs. "We have all sorts of herbs for safe delivery, thyme and mint for nightmares, murr for a calm relaxed body. Would you want to check out the shop now?" He asked.

-----

"Actually, it isn't, because the inside is hollow, and it falls in front of me, however it was an issue today from your over active instincts. " she fixed her eyes on his in a no nonsense look. "You absolutely will not do it yourself! I'm trained in first aid, and know a song that would help the pain. " she took the first aid kit that the medic was going to hand him and opened it pulling out a needle and a fine thread. Carefully she dabbed away the blood, dipped the tip of the needle in alcohol and threaded it in tiny, but strong stiches all the while humming a tune at the right pitch and tone that numbed the pain a little bit.

-----

"My mom stayed at home. She was spoiled and lazy, and forced me to do everything. Then she took the credit for cleaning up or making dinner then chew out daddy for thanking me. He knew I was the one doing it all. I would say I don't want to be like that, but I am not like that already. Just, being at home makes me... more depressed and wallow in self pity. It feels like I'm back in a cage. You know me Damien, you say that you do. Have I ever sat in one place for long, or stayed inside, even if it was raining or hailing or whatever the weather? I'm a doer. I have to move, to work, to do something productive and positive. And I don't want to do it through your connections. I know you want to take care of me, but I've realized that I've been on my own for a long time. Even before we were separated. I would talk to you, but I always handled things myself. Hell, I got mad at you for socking that guy in seventh grade in the face for laughing at me. I want to do this on my own, you can help, but please only assist when I ask you directly please..." she explained.

Brienna shifted back as they were returning to the hotel, unlocking the door and giving him a questioning glance as he heaved a dramatic sigh and collapsed in a chair. "You did just get 25 grand though, so it's not like it was completely worthless," She pointed out, setting herself down in his lap. "You need me to cheer you up?" She teased, running a hand lightly through his hair and kissing his nose. "Admit it, the day hasn't been all bad. At least, I didn't think so. It wasn't too bad before we got interrupted, at the very least."

~

"That's fitting," Luna said thoughtfully. "That's right, you did mention that your grandfather taught you most of what you know. We don't have to look now, we can stop in on the way back. Not sure how many shops will be open on Christmas, since most species celebrate it, but if you know of any wolfkins maybe we could find out the gender today. Or at least sometime soon, when it's not some sort of holiday." She chuckled. "My mom hasn't changed much since you last saw her, huh? Boston isn't too bad though, way better than York. Don't know what went wrong," She commented, shaking her head. "I wonder what gender Boston's foal will be. I know he's excited, that's all he would talk about even before I left, but I know he wanted to keep it a surprise."

~

"Still..." Hades grumbled, making no effort to dissuade Lian from patching up his wound despite being unused to such a thing. He trusted her. Hades didn't even flinch at the needle, sitting completely still. Her song numbed the pain slightly, and he closed his eyes as she hummed and stitched up his wing. "Thank you," He said once she had finished. "No one has ever patched me up before, I always do it myself unless it's something serious. Not to mention there's no one I really trust to do a halfway decent job anyways. But yours are almost as good as mine. Almost," He said teasingly, brushing his knuckles against her cheek. "Now, I assume that incident marked the end of your training for the day?"

~

"I'm not going to force you to do anything you don't want to do, Gala," Damien said softly. "If you want to finish your education and become a teacher, than I say go for it. I'll be more than happy to watch the little one when the time comes, you know I love children. I'd take Kai into the office with me when he was younger, which probably wasn't the wisest decision but did tend to keep the messiness to a minimum, what with a child being there and all..." He shrugged. "You don't have to do it through your connections. The police don't know I'm a mobster - I went and got myself a degree in law once I got the money, ironically enough - and the only thing you have to do is file a report then approach the school board. They shouldn't have an issue with letting you take your GED, then you can start on college. However if you'd rather me not help without you asking, I won't, even if I want to." He kissed her forehead. "Now, come on downstairs, we're watching Frosty. Are you hungry?"

"Yeah, i know. But I didn't want to go out. I don't know. That lady kinda bummed me out. Ruined my whole mood. I agree, their timing was horrible. " Hunter replied and leaned in to her hand with a soft hum. "Maybe if your rub my ears for a bit...." He spoke softly. "they are a bundle of nerves, hit the right one and you might make me start purring." His lips curved up slightly in a smug half smile.

----

Craven nodded. "Actually i wasn't at all surprised when she called me an abomination. Lots think of the wined as such. Others think its cool. All of us have some sot of Pegasus ancestor, however my particular line was from the Pegasus. At least, that's what i was told. There's no way to know for certain. There isn't really a DNA test for censtars." He started to head to the shop he owned and walked inside. There where fur coats, expertly carved wooden objects from chess boards and pieces, jigsaw puzzles and statues, to bowls, cutting boards, plates and other kitchen utencles. Furs ranging from coats to socks sat on shelves and racks, then behind a glass case held jewelry of feathers, beads, leather and stones. A few dream catchers hung from the ceiling and a rack of wind chimes made from wood and clay sat in a corner. A teen with freckles mixed with spots of acne,braces, a mop of curly brown hair and brown eyes stood at the counter.

His eyes lit up as he finished helping a customer with a little girl at his side.

Mr. Wilde!" Said the teen. "Cavy!" Shouted the girl and ran over to him.

"Marry Christmas Hannah, Adam, how was the winter solstice feast? Did your mom made her glazed boar again? Sorry I missed it this year, I was busy. Adam.. and little Hannah, meet Luna, my old friend and now... um..." He has scooped up the little girl and cradled her in his wing. He looked back at Luna, unsure to call her his mate just yet.

----

"Yes. That is the end of my training. Tomorrow... you should meditate during my class, it's usually two hours, and only been a half hour. " she smiled slightly at his teasing and tapped his nose. "Remind me of that the next time I spend three hours each day to embroider a gift for you. If you feel that way about my stiches, then you probably won't like my work." She got up and handed her bloody top to a servant who took it away and looked back at him. "You are very high strung. Meditation would do you some good. " she huffed playfully and strode from the room.

-----

She nodded and licked his cheek, snuggling up against his neck. "Yeah, I'm hungry. Thank you for the talk. I feel less lonely. " she muttered. "But.. can I say like this and snuggle with you a little bit more please?" She asked giving him big green puppy dog eyes.

Brienna chuckled at him, shaking her head at Hunter's half-hearted grumpiness. "Not much we can do about it now. At least we can get a house, right? I'm thinking mountains, something with land - we could even build a house, that would be fun. What do you think?" She asked him before raising a brow with an amused smirk. "Purr? Who's the cat here?" She asked him teasingly, hand moving to rub his ears in gentle circles, feeling the tense nerves near the base. "You weren't kidding, it's like a knot," She hummed.

~

"Honestly, all those pure-blood families that think they're so high and mighty," Luna muttered, rolling her eyes. "It's ridiculous, honestly. Acting like wizards, I swear." She quieted as they entered the shop. "Wow, this is amazing," She said in awe, grinning at the teen boy and the young girl in his company. She watched the exchanged with soft eyes - Craven was natural with children, it seemed, if the girl he currently had cradled in his wing was anything to go by. She jumped out of her thoughts quickly enough to finish Craven's hanging sentence, seeing the unsure look on his face. "Roommate," She said, giving him a look that said they'd be having the awkward-but-needed conversation later.

"Merry Christmas," She said to the kids with a warm smile, looking around the shop properly. "Wow, Craven, did you make all this? It's really impressive. Does anyone come in today, really? Most celebrate the holiday, unless someone needs a last minute gift." She looked up at the ceiling. "Dream catchers! I love those, my grandma taught me how to make them." She moved out of the way as a customer went towards the door, looking surprised at the sudden appearance of not one, but two centaurs.

~

((Hades should take her flying smile.gif))

Hades hummed in agreement. "Perhaps I will, I don't want my emotions to trigger my fire, which is likely if I don't meditate rather often." He pouted at her, which considering his stature wasn't exactly someone would expect to see. "Aw, you know what I meant. I'm sure your embroidery beats mine, considering art isn't necessarily my strong suit. I'm just good at medical stitches since I do them so much, comes with the job, you know." Whether he meant police officer, body guard, or vigilante really didn't make much of a difference. He followed after Lian as she left the room. "I'm not always high strung, it's just around you, which isn't a bad things, it's just my instincts making me anxious until I get used to it. Meditation will help very little, since I'm usually very calm. Some call it scary calm," He mused thoughtfully, "though I can understand why. What do you usually do after you meditate?"

~

"Good," Damien said with a smile, heaving a melodramatic sigh and leaning against the pillows. "Alright, just a few more minutes, but not long. I don't want to leave the kids alone, there's no telling what they'll do. Nothing short of ripping each other limb from limb," He said with a slight chuckle, lips twitching upwards into a raw smile. "How would you like to get an ultrasound after the holidays? It'll have to be on the down-low, since we can't risk the ring catching wind of you, but I have equipment and stuff of my own along with a person who is a ob-gyn who can accurately perform it." He told her. "I'm working with Mouse on infiltrating the ring, since he likes what goes on in there about as much as I do, along with Brentwood and the likes, though I'm considering bringing in a few outsiders, like Dire as well as another, rather interesting character I have met..." He mused quietly, petting her fur rhythmically as he thought aloud. "In any case, you will hopefully not have to worry about them much longer."