Polar

Adventures in Fantasyland

((Look at me, responding to our RPs. It's a Christmas-in-July miracle! XD)) 

Brienna settled against his chest, her head resting beneath his chin. The sound of Hunter's steady heartbeat filled her ears, and she relaxed further as he draped a blanket over them. "'t does feel nice," she mumbled in agreement, breathing slowing and evening as she dropped off to sleep.

~

"Oh, no ma'am. Your wish is my command. For you I would burn down the world," he said, groaning as she mentioned the time. "Yes, I suppose you're right. Sleep is likely a good idea. Waking to your face is one of the highlights of my day," he said, returning her kiss and wrapping his arms around her, settling back into the bed. He laid awake a while longer, listening as she fell asleep, her gentle, rhythmic breathing before he too slipped off to sleep.

~

"He doesn't deserve a proper burial," Luna agreed, "though I suppose it is the right thing to do. At least we will get to visit my brother. I miss him. Of course I will marry you. There's no one else I'd rather have by my side. And besides, I think little Ryu is a little attached," she said, smiling at the way her son slept peacefully in Craven's arms. "I wish it could have been like this from the start, but I am glad that we have each other now. A happy ending. If your brother has survived, and we find him, it would be the happiest ending of all." She leaned against his arm as they turned and began the walk back to the hut.

~

"I wish I could take your pain from you," Hades murmured, his instincts settled now that he knew she was in no danger. Her skin pressed against his helped as well. "I think it is merely because of their sudden emergence that is causing the hurt and itching. They are magnificent. Far more stunning than mine." He nosed into her damp hair, inhaling her scent. In the steam and warmth of the bathroom it enveloped him. She smelled like him now, something that satisfied his most primal of instincts. "Of course I'll teach you," he murmured, now quite calm. "Then we can fly together. It will be difficult at first, and exhausting, as they are entirely new muscles. But in time, you will learn and grow stronger. And along the way - and even after - I will always be there to catch you."

((I squeeled so loud when I saw the notice! Eeeeee!!))

Hunter smiled and read his book, or well... tried to read but it fell from his hand as he too relaxed and fell asleep. A sudden phone call woke him up. "Yeah?" Ever the talker on the phone. "Oh, hi Mr and Mrs Willis, no we-" he yawned. "Haven't decided on a date yet, just getting her back on her feet is taking some time and I don't want her to slip her stitches. No..no... Well, long story short, she was taken by this mad scientist and I wrecked the place trying to get her back. She's still recovering. It was my fault, I went berserk and came in like a wrecking ball. Hang on, she's on my chest let me put you on speaker." He said and pressed the button. "It's your mom kitten."

---

Gladriel smiled and cuddles close to him kissing his chest softly. "Such a charmer my love. Seeing yours is the second best of mine, I usually see one of our children first thing in the mornings. At least we both can sleep in today..." She said getting comfortable still wearing his jacket and slowly fell asleep. She woke up at ten, when the light was getting too bright in their bedroom and glaring off the mirror. "Ugh..... Turn off the sun." Her hair was a mess, and if she wasn't a syrin she would have been considered a zombie however it looked more like Aphrodite getting a windblown look as she surfs on her seashell. 

----

"I wish it was like this in the beginning too, but the fates righted things. I agree with you, he doesn't but he was burryed once, I don't see why he can't do it again with a body to with whatever fancy funeral happened. " He carefully laid Ryu down on the hay when they got back to the hut and started to get some items packed in saddle bags and baby items and food in a chest to hook up to a wagon. 

---

Lian looked up at him. "But I like yours. The smell of leather and it feels like your skin, rough yet soft." She trails her fingers over his wings. "Thank you. Could you please hand me a towel and help me get dry?"

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

((I'm glad to be back!! And I'm going to do my best to stick around!))

Brienna was roused a little by the phone, feeling him shift as he reached for it. She heard her parents on the other end of the phone. "Hey Mom, hey Dad."
"Brienna! You were kidnapped? Are you okay? What happened?" her mother demanded, sounding worried.
She gave a shortened recap of events. "I'm alright, Mom, really. I'm on the mend and will be back to 100% before too long. Maybe soon you can come visit and help me do some wedding planning."
"Oh sweetheart I would love that! A change of scenery would be nice. Maybe you could come here instead, we have plenty of room for you and Hunter to stay for a little while. But it's totally up to you, of course!"
"We'll talk about and get back to you," Brienna promised.
"That's fine, honey. It sounds like we woke you up, so we'll leave you to sleep. You need to rest if you're going to get better and be ready for some wedding planning! We'll call back later, alright?"
"Okay. Love you," she said.
"Love you," her parents chorused before she ended the call.
Brienna rested her head back against Hunter's chest. "So what would you say to going out to visit my parents? Or having them come here?"

~

Damien only stirred when Galadriel did, whining as she left his embrace to go look in the mirror. "Ya' look beautiful. Come back to bed," he grumbled, flipping over and buring his face in a pillow. He wasn't ready for the day to start just yet but could already feel himself waking fully. Reluctantly he stretched, muscles on full display as he worked the sleep out of them and sat up. "We have two hours until the kids get back," he said, checking the time. He slipped out of bed, ambling over to her and wrapping his arms around her torso. He set his chin on her head, grinning into their reflections. "Care for a shower, my love?"

~

"I would prefer to avoid my parents if at all possible when we visit. We'll drop off York's remains with Boston, he'll know what to do," Luna said. She kept one eye on Ryu as she helped Craven pack. "Maybe we'll find a centaur-friendly baby carrier when we stop in the city. I feel like our arms will get a little tired carrying Ryu such a long way and I imagine it'll be more comfortable for him." Ryu began to stir, fussing against the loss of Craven's warmth, and she scooped him up, rocking gently until he settled and dropped back off to sleep. "It'll be good for Ryu to see other people, too. He needs socialization from people other than us."

~

"Hmm," Hades hummed, enjoying her gentle touch. "Let us say that our wings suit each other, then," he murmured, reaching out and grabbing a towel, running it gently over her torso. Some of his flames, absolutely harmless, warmed her hair, steam billowing off as it tried. "How are you feeling now? Are you still in pain?" 

Edited by Polar

"love you mom!" Hunter added just before she hung up. "They could use a change of scenery. We could too, but you're still mending. Some shopping would be good for you. " He said softly. He kissed her nose. "You want to order take out?"

---

Gladriel smiled and leaned against him slipped off his jacket and headed to the bathroom. "We'll? What are you waiting for. Let's take a shower. " She turned on the faucet and got in.

---

Craven got out a blanket and wrapped Ryu in it so he could calm down. "I doubt it but it's worth a shot to find one. If not we can always fashion one. " He said tilting his head. " I need a pattern though. "

----

She blushed as he dried her. "Yeah, it's just throbbing now. " She said as she stood up and leaned against him. "It'll be nice to fly. I'm still here for a few more weeks... " She said looking up at him. "You want me to make breakfast? Should I get dressed too.. if you want me to."

((TS-ing. I'm on mobile so excuse any typos))

Tia and Rose barrelled into the dining room full-force. "What can we do to help?" Tia demanded. Both were eager to help plan Damien's wedding and did not want to be left out.
"Whoa, there," Damian laughed, snagging the two around the torsos before they could send organized papers flying. "No need to go crazy. What do you want to help with?"
"The wedding, duh," Rose said.
"What I mean is, what part of the wedding to you want to help with," Damian specified. He was met with two blank stares. "Alright, how about you two go get some blank paper from my office and write down some of your ideas?"
"Okay!" They said in unison. "Can we draw, too?" Tia asked.
"Sure." He set them down and they scampered off. He chuckled. "Alright, now where were we?"

~

"I hope they'll be expecting us," Luna fretted, rocking Ryu back and forth. Her and Craven were close to the end of their journey to visit Boston and her brother. She had sent a letter ahead of them to Boston but there was no way to be certain that it had arrived. "I just hope there won't be too much family drama. I know Boston is very level-headed, he at least won't want any part of it... hopefully he can tamper down my mother and father if they discover our visit." She cooed at Ryu, who was stretching in her arms. "It won't be too long before you'll want to walk on your own, will it, my sweet boy?" she tickled his tummy, smiling as he squealed and giggled. "And then Daddy will fuss even more over you than he already does, yes he will. Between you and me, he's a bit of a worry-wart," she said in a staged whisper.

~

"Wedding planning," Brienna announced, flopping down on their couch. "We're supposed to do that. I'm pretty sure Mom and Dad would appreciate us having at least a little done before they get here next week," she said, stretching out. "I'd say let's go to the courthouse but I'm pretty sure my mother would kill me, so that's out. Do you have any wedding ideas? I'm pretty sure I made a pinterest board with ideas at some point, I'll have to see if I can find it..." she trailed off, clearly having no intention of doing so right away. Instead she fixed her gaze on Hunter. "Anybody you want to invite? I was thinking Gala and Lian, so of course that means Damien and Hades too, I suppose. And what about maid of honor and best man? You know, now that I think about it, we don't exactly have that many friends." She did not look particularly bothered about this.

~

"The hardest parts are takeoff and landing," Hades said, his tail curled lightly around Lian's waist. The two stood on the mountain above his home. It was where he took her to practice flying - there was little to run into, which was fortunate, and though he was more than happy to catch her when she fell, he knew she was getting a little impatient with herself. "Takeoff because it takes a lot of force to get into the air. Landing because you have to know when you're falling slow enough that hitting the ground won't break your legs. Usually the latter is instinctual, but you didn't grow up flying and it may take a little more practice to get right." 

His tail tugged slightly, spinning her into his chest. He looked down into her eyes. "What sort of incentive does my little bird need to succeed?" Hades purred, nuzzling her hair. "A kiss, perhaps?" He pressed his lips to her forehead, eyes warm. Normally, young winged dragonkin were taught flight through fear - they were tossed off some high point and had to figure it out. That was how he had learned. But Hades could never put her in that sort of danger, and her wings were not nearly as strong as his had been when he first began flying, so he decided on teaching her another way. "You can do this, I know you can," he encouraged, tail winding up her back. "Flying takes practice, and a lot of it."

"Yokami Gardens reservation during the cherry blossom festival, under the sea theme." Gladriel smiled as they two girls ran off to 'help' with the wedding planning. "I have my dress, Lily will be my Matron of honor, and the bridesmaids dresses would be a mermaid style aquamarine with black flats, Lily's would be a lovely coral pink. No flowers for the bouquets, that'll take away from the cherry blossoms so I have decided to go with decorated driftwood wrapped in neting and starfish with shells. The girls can help make those. I want your boutonniere to be a Trident to fit your gang affiliation and the wedding theme. Invitations would be on a seafoam green card with embossed gold letters and a faint wave pattern." She said picking up the card sample before setting it down. "Let's see.. cake design, frosting and flavors with what kind of cake topper. That's what we were deciding on. " She said finding the packet for that information in a pile and set it in front of them.  She knew that Damien being a Mob boss would of course have his 'family' there at the wedding and she planned on inviting the girls from the ring she was in, having no other friends besides Lian and Brienna, so she decided since she was a Siren and he a Silkie both creatures of the ocean, why not do a ocean themed wedding. "Oh and we have to plan a caterer and both the practice dinner as well as the reception. " She said looking at the empty spaces in her planner book. 

--

"Honestly, I wouldn't mind a courthouse wedding. We really don't... Huh.... The closest person I got is Damien but he and his girl are planning their own wedding. A small one in a little church. How about that old church on the mountain behind our old neighborhood? It's small but pretty. A little cake, a small two layer thing. Mom made a couple ornaments of a sabertooth and a wolf, we can use those as a cake topper. " He went silent. "Do I have to wear a suit and tie?" He said making a face. He never liked tuxedos. "I was thinking about just having your dad as my best man. I'm not going to go out and make a ton of friends, and a mutual business partner isn't someone who I'd consider a friend who's close enough to be my best man. Invitations... Not anyone I can think of. We'll probably have the easiest wedding ever."

-----

"It's better to be a worry-wort then a sorry centaur. We mailed it early so they should have been prepared." He said and smiled at Ryu  and ruffles his hair. "You'll be one handsome Colt little foal. Look at your tiny hooves!" He said softly shaking one of his hind legs. They reached the trailer where Boston lived. A few other centaur neighbors had come outside and was staring at him making his wings ruffle and puff up with anxiety. "I just hope the neighbors are more hospitable to strangers. They all look like pure bloods." He said nervously.

--

"You'll kiss me anyway." She said with a blush, her hair wrapped up in a tight bun, she wore a modified shirt and a pair of loose pants that wouldn't catch the wind as much as a kimono would. "More draconian stories. I want to hear more about your childhood. Your rarely speak about it, and I know it wasn't the best, but as your mate I should know. Plus it'll be a better incentive then a kiss... Among the other things we've done." She said turning pinker and carefully grabbed his tail unwinding it from her. "I still need to get better at gliding. " She said sounding disappointed. She had trouble even walking with her wings, let alone holding them upright all the time. They seemed to dwarf her a little bit, one wingspan was as long as she was tall with all the feathers, and the primary feathers dragged the ground. 

((Lilly should be maid of honor, right? she's not married that I remember and matron refers to someone who is married))

Damien blinked. "Seems like you have everything planned out well already. I don't disagree with any of it, and as money isn't exactly an object..." He was thoughtful for a moment. "Brentwood will be my best man, of course, but I want to choose a couple groomsman as well. Rook and Waylond, probably. Does that mean you'll need to have the same amount of bridesmaids?" He scratched his head thoughtfully. Damien couldn't help but think he was much better at planning murders than weddings. "If that's the case, we can just have a best man and a maid - or matron, I don't know - of honor. That way you wouldn't have to worry."
He leaned back in his chair, thinking. "I'm not picky about flavors for the cake as long as there's nothing lemon. I hate lemon. The cake itself will be decorated ocean-themed as well, I assume? I wonder if Lian's father would let us use the roof of his building for the reception. It's spacious, has a great view, and we'd have plenty of decoration options. Or we can look at somewhere on the docks, though I'm less sure about our options there. If you want to go the rooftop route, let me know so I can get in touch with him."

~

"Well, Mom would skin us both, so we can't do the courthouse," Brienna said, grinning. "I like the idea of the old church. The scenery around it is so pretty and we don't have many to invite so the size is perfect. We can go to one of the local bakeries back by our old home and use the toppers like you suggested." She pointed at him. "If I have to wear a wedding dress, then you have to dress up, too. But I suppose you could wear a normal suit instead of a tux. Maybe a bowtie instead of a normal tie. And suspenders! I feel like you could rock suspenders."
She groaned. "Oh, I need a maid of honor. Okay, um... hm. This is a little sad. I don't know Lian well enough, and like you said, Gala and Damien are planning their own wedding. My dad has to walk me down the aisle, but I don't see why he can't be your best man, too. Sure would be useful if I had a sister. Ah, well, I'll think of something."

~

Ryu giggled as Craven shook his leg, reaching out for him. "Aw, you want your daddy?" Luna asked, carefully passing Ryu over. She sighed at those who had come out to see the visitors. "Most of them are okay. Besides, they're probably more shocked to see me than you. After all, I'm the one who ran off after her husband died. And now I'm back with another male in tow." She knocked on Boston's door. There was the sound of a crying foal from inside before the door was answered by a frazzled-looking female centaur.
"Hi, can I help you?" she asked politely, rocking her crying foal back and forth.
"Yes, I'm Luna, this is Craven and our foal Ryu - we sent a letter saying we were coming to visit? You are Daisy, right?"
"Oh!" Daisy's face dawned with comprehension. "Yes, sorry! The time got away from me. Boston is out for groceries but he'll be back soon. I know he wanted to be here for your arrival. Please come in, I'm sure you're tired and eager to get away from prying eyes."
Trailer, Luna realized, was something of an inept description of Boston's home - it was larger than she had expected, and didn't feel cramped even with all of them inside, though Luna suspected that on Boston's arrival it would start to feel quite a bit smaller.
"Ryu was just born in June, wasn't he?" Daisy asked. "Our colt, Peregrine, was born in March. They can be playmates once they get a little older."
"Oh, that will be great!" Luna said. "You three will have to come out and visit us sometime, it's so beautiful there, and once the boys get older there will be plenty for them to do."
"Boston mentioned visiting at some point, but with your coming here we decided to wait before suggesting it. Perhaps sometime in the fall? That's always a pretty time of year," Daisy said.
Luna looked at Craven. "I think that would be nice."

~

"Hmm, very true, but how can I resist?" Hades asked. He frowned a little at her suggestion but nodded. "Oh, very well. I prefer not to think about it, but I will share if you want."  His tail still hovered around her even after she unwound it from her, gently touching her side in support when he caught glimpse of her crestfallen expression. "You will get better. Gliding can be difficult at first, but it's much like riding a bike. Once it clicks, you've got it, and you won't forget." He led her to the tallest outcropping, where takeoff was easiest. The wind buffeted them. "The wind will make it easier for you to glide and coast. It carries you along more naturally than just simply gliding." 
He took a look at her position and how her feathers dragged the ground. "I think- and I could be wrong, but I think- you should lift your wings up more. Currently they're doing the equivalent of... slouching, I suppose." To demonstrate, he let his own wings slump until they dragged the ground. "It's another muscle thing. You have to focus on it, just like your posture, until your body gets used to it and the muscles strengthen so that you can carry them properly. But we won't work on that, at present. When you're ready to take off, I'll be ready," he said, and stepped off the cliff face. He caught the wind and angled upwards, soaring above her with only the occasional, lazy flap of his wings.

((Given that Lily although widowed , she was married before therefore she's a Matron.))

"Lilly has been married before, although forced and widowed she's still a Matron. The rooftop sounds lovely, I know you hate lemons. " She smiled at him. "Why do you think I always got the lemon sherbet when we're at school? You'll never touch it."  She nodded about the decorations for the cake. "Yes indeed, let's see, ever since I've had Jupiter vanilla has been a touchy flavor for me so... Strawberry? " She said tilting her head. "No, it doesn't have to match, one of your groomsmen could walk with a plus one and she could sit in the crowd without being apart of the wedding party. "Waylond could bring that purple haired witch he's been with since you stormed the Ring to get me back. I'd only have a Matron and a bridesmaid from the two people I was closest to in my days in a cell. If someone would introduce me to the women of the gang then I may have more friends." She said poking him with the back end of her pen. 

---

"Suspenders... Alright it's a deal. Oh! What about Luna? The centaur we keep checking up on after the insident with the two centaurs trying to find her? You keep visiting the shop the pinto runs and talking to her, and I know you have been keeping an eye out for her in the woods. Huh.. a centaur in a dress... How would that work?" He said softly getting sidetracked by his own thoughts.

---

Craven took Ryu and unstrapped his cart leaving it outside before wiping his hooves and going in. "Oh yes the fall would be lovely, that'll give us enough time to work on another room and widinig my room to fit a bigger nest. This little dragon has been sleeping with us lately. It's hard to get him to go to sleep." He said softly tickling the Colt's horse belly and then blowing on the human one. "But it is worth it. His sleeping face is so sweet. " He said still looking at the Colt in his arms letting little Ryu play with the teeth and two wooden charms on his necklace. "Oh! I have a toy for your baby." He said softly and went back out digging in a sack and came back in with a small stuffed Minotaur holding a piece of cloth in his hand like a blanket. "Here, we were looking at toys for Ryu and Luna Boona thought of you when she saw this. " He held it out to the female. "Ryu has a Pegasus he picked up and wouldn't let go of. I think he likes the wings." He smiled pulled out said plushie from under his wing and wiggled it in front of Ryu. 

---

She nodded and followed him up the mountain and watched him take off. She lifted her wings the wind catching them and she fell back on the ground. She huffed, got up dusting herself off and braised against the wind before taking a running leap from the cliff and let her wings open. She flapped flailing a little bit before she found a stream of air and shot upwards with a yelp. Once she regained her balance in the air she found it was easy to just tilt her primary feathers a certain way and turn her wing slightly and she could circle around while gliding. 

((Oh, okay. Gotcha. Sorry for no posts yesterday, was busy + it was dad's birthday. Also I double checked and Waylond is actually married already (and has a baby) so he wouldn't be with someone from the ring. You could say Strange instead since he's single))

"Oh, I see. I'll get in touch with Lian's father to get it arranged." He adopted a mock offended expression. "Was that why? Crafty little fox. You act like the few times you didn't order lemon I ate almost all of your dessert!" He nodded in agreement to her suggestion. "Strawberry would be good. Chocolate, of course, would work too. Whichever you prefer. In the case of groomsmen, I'll go ahead and let those that I want know. Probably Brentwood, Rook, Waylond, and Strange. I think that's a good number." He grinned in chagrin. "Sorry, love. Sometime soon I'll invite over a few of the ladies so that you can meet some of them. Of course, I'm not opposed to you having some non-mob friends, either."

~

"You'll look dashing, I just know it," Brienna said. She brightened at his suggestion. "I like that idea! I can't believe I didn't think of her. She's so sweet and their little foal is just so cute," she gushed. "His little hooves are just so little!" She rolled her eyes at him. "She wouldn't wear a dress - at least, I don't think so. Just a nice shirt. Wait- do they make dresses for centaurs? Is that even possible? I feel like that would get in the way of their movement." She pondered this for several moments before shaking her head to clear it. "We're getting sidetracked. What colors should we choose for decorations? I'm thinking some lighter colors would be pretty. Spring colors, even though it's not spring."

~

((Craven interacting with Ryu is so cute. Also note that Soren is Luna's younger brother, btw))

"Oh, that will be just great, then! Maybe by that time the two will be up and toddling around. I couldn't imagine still sharing a nest with Peregrine, he's such a good sleeper but he's like a little furnace. Boston and I would sweat to death if we kept him with us. Plus, Boston kicks in his sleep, and we weren't willing to take any chances," Daisy said.
Luna smiled adoringly as Craven played with Ryu, who was giggling as Craven blew on his tummy. "Ryu gets fussy at nights even though he sleeps just fine for his naps during the day," Luna said when Craven stepped out to get the toy. "We think he gets scared of the dark. But with him still pretty small it's no trouble for him to stay with us."
"Aw, poor thing. I'm sure he'll grow out of it with time. They're only this little once, after all," Daisy said. She beamed at Craven when he offered the toy. "Oh, that is so sweet of you two! I'm sure Peregrine will love it," she said taking it and offering the toy to the colt, who reached out for it and immediately hugged it to his chest.
The door opened and Boston entered. "You're here! I'm glad you made it in one piece. I saw the cart outside. It's so good to see you both again! Is this my nephew?"
"Boston!" Luna exclaimed, smiling. "It's good to see you, too! This is Ryu."
"What a handsome colt," he said. "And you've met Daisy and Peregrine already, I see. I'm glad Peregrine will have a relative close to his age to grow up with."
"It will be so good for both of them," Luna agreed. "We were just talking about you three visiting us come fall."
"We'd love to, as long as it is a good time for you," Boston said. "But let's talk about your present visit. I let Soren know yesterday that you'd be visiting and swore him to silence. He's promised not to breathe a word but he's very excited to see you. So if he accidentally lets it slip-"
"We'll deal with things as they come," Luna said. "For now I'll be excited to see Soren again. I've missed him."

~

Hades let out a whoop when Lian successfully took off and managed to catch the wind, diving down past where she was gliding and shooting up again by her. "Told you it is easy once you get the hang of it," he said, catching an updraft and banking steeply upwards again. "The real challenge is gliding without the wind," he called, descending to soar several yards above her, out of reach of her wings. "Incredible, isn't it?"

((oh yah strange was the worlock who is with the purple haired witch. ))

"That's why I have Brienna, Lian, and Lilly. They are not connected to the mob. " She said writing down the cake flavors. "I have some teacher friends too but I'm not as close to them. I feel like I'm wearing a mask around them. They don't know my past, I don't tell them although they pester me about highschool and college experience, my favorite teacher and what inspired me to be one myself. Then they'll love to complain about the kids who are gangsters or think they are and how much trouble they are, how they'll never succeed in life and how the girls are being little hookers walking around in mini clothes these days and blah, blah, blah. " She said waving her hand making it 'talk' at the last part. "Sometimes I just want to smack them upside the face and yell at them telling them how inconsiderate they are, judgemental and so quick to condemn students to a life of crime yet boast about how so much love they have for their students and how only the handful they like will grow to be big deals in the world. If you don't treat kids the same, if you don't love them all and show them ways they can learn, it's like trying to teach a seal to climb up a tree on land. But, if you figure out how they learn, and lead them to the water, you'll find out they are better swimmers then climbers. I'm not inviting any of them to my wedding. I'm tired of them. Say, speaking of kids, Tuck's birthday is coming up right? I would like to sign adoption papers to be his mom, you think he'd like that?"

----

"Perhaps if the Colt is walking by the time we marry he could be the ring bearer. We are... Curse our short attention spans. Okay, spring colors, or a dawn and dusk colors, bright for you and dark for me matching our auras?" He said softly touching the eye patch. He didn't tell her yet, he was going to surprise her on they day but he got the surgery for a new eye.

---

"And I'm looking forward to meeting him. Oh and Boston... I've brought back... Well... Your brother. As much as I dislike him, I don't want his .... Presents around where Ryu could find it. Oh... You probably don't know. York wasn't dead, just hurt for a long time and found Luna at my place a couple weeks or a month maybe, after you and that wolfkin came. He is gone for good now. " He stopped when Ryu sensed the change in tone and started to whimper and cry. "Oh! Oh sorry little dragon, nonono, please don't cry. Hush...shhhh... Daddy's sorry it's okay..." He said softly sitting down and rocking the child in his arms. "Hmm he might be hungry Luna. It's been a couple hours since he last ate."

---

Lian was just concentrating on not falling to appreciate the beauty of flight.  "I'm trying to stop spinning! " She called back when she pulled from the wind and flapping wildly she plummeted at a bouncy pace, her flapping slowing her down significantly until she caught another drift and swept on the peak of a pine, hugging the prickly branches and shaking. Her wings however seemed to know what to do as her brain shut down into panic mode, spreading out as the tree swayed until it had balanced and stopped completely. The instincts where there, she just was thinking too much. 

"Fair," Damien agreed, watching as she wrote down notes about the cake. "I understand exactly what you mean, love. Though, to be fair, some of the students very much are gangsters. Though it is quite hypocritical for them to say the things they do about their students. I think that is why you're such a great teacher. You don't judge a student based off of appearances and give everyone an equal chance to succeed." Damien smiled. "Tuck would love that. He already sees you as his mom - the others do too. If you'd like, after this I can call up my lawyer and start getting the paperwork drafted."

~

"I love that idea! Their colt is so cute. He has teeny little hooves and fingers," Brienna gushed. She looked thoughtful. "I like the dawn and dusk idea. It's not as common as spring colors and it has a special meaning behind it." She nodded. "Do you think I should be writing this stuff down? Nah. We'll remember all of it. I need to look into some bridal boutiques to find a dress. And we need a flower girl... my youngest aunt has a three-year-old, maybe she could do it? Mom actually sent me pictures the other day, I don't know if I told you - Mia just had her first shift last week, she's the cutest little puma kitten, my aunt and uncle are so proud." She pulled her phone out of her pocket and swiped through it, pulling up one of the pictures her mom had sent. "Here, see? Isn't she adorable?"

~

"My brother..." Boston said slowly, sounding incredibly confused. His eyes widened as Craven explained. "My brother or not, York deserved what he got. I certainly would never expect or ask you to keep his remains near your home. I'll make an unmarked grave for him somewhere. The last thing he deserves is a positive sendoff."
Luna frowned as Ryu began to cry. "You're right, Craven, he's probably hungry. Let mama give you something to eat, Ryu, huh?" she cooed, taking Ryu from Craven.
"Would you like a nursing blanket?" Daisy asked politely on seeing that Luna didn't have anything to cover up with.
"Yes, please," Luna said, taking what Daisy offered thankfully.
"Why don't I show you the backyard, Craven?" Boston suggested as Luna covered and began to nurse Ryu. "It's nothing compared to all the room you have, but it's still rather nice. Plenty of room for the foals to run around once they get older."

~

"Your wing was tilted too much," Hades said, swooping after her in case he needed to catch her. He watched as she grabbed onto a pine and steadied herself seemingly instinctively. He landed on a slightly lower, sturdier branch, the tree barely rustling on his landing. "You can do this. You're thinking to much about it. You just have to let your instincts guide you. It's how you managed to steady yourself in the tree. There's a reason that young dragonkin - and other winged species - are taught to fly by just being tossed off a high place. Sooner or later, their instincts kick in. I don't think I've heard of any dragonkin dying from that method. I didn't. But I was a strong flier from the start," he said. "You're a strong flier, too. I can tell, but you're too scared to let your instincts guide you. Try again, but this time, just be in the moment. It's hard to explain, but once you trust yourself and your instincts, it will click." 

Edited by Polar

"I know that dear, however I am the mob boss's woman and understand the situation better than they can. Yes I would like that, Tia made me cry the other night when she said I love you mom when she was half asleep when I kissed her goodnight. I love them so dearly. " She said softly with a smile. "Jupiter is a seal. She's a harbor seal but a seal nonetheless. Lilly said she shifted at the pool. We missed it but I'm sure your daughter would like to swim with her daddy."

--

"Ohmygoodness soooo cute!" Hunter gushed at the phone. "She's so whittle! Yes she can totally be the flower girl! I think we'll remember too, but I'm going to write it down so your mom has proof of us actually planning something." He chuckled and grabbed a notepad and pen jotting the things down on the list. 

----

"Certainly." Craven said as he fixed the cover so it wouldn't slide off. "Can I give you a kiss before I go out back Luna?" He asked softly. He always did unless it was on her cheek or head, especially when she was nursing Ryu.  Once the permission was given or refuted, he either kissed her briefly and softly or nodded brushing her cheek with his thumb before followed Boston outside the back of the trailer. 

---

"Be in the moment? Like meditation, clear my mind?" She looked terrified at his story of being thrown off a cliff. "None of our children will be taught like that!" She huffed, then flushed realizing what she said and looked away trying to focus on clearing her head. She took several deep breaths to empty her mind so she can trust her body to know what it's doing. 

"Which is why I'm so glad you chose teaching. Maybe you'll be able to save teenagers from fates like mine." He smiled. "They love you just as much. But I love you most," he said, reaching over to press a kiss to her cheek. "Oh, I can't believe we missed her first shift! But I'm so excited to get to swim with her. She's probably the cutest little seal alive," he said, all adoration for his youngest daughter.

~

"Isn't she? She's a total sweetheart, too, perfectly behaved. She'll be perfect," Brienna said, beaming. "Oh, good idea. Not that I'm not excited to be your wife officially, but I'm pretty sure my mom is more excited for our wedding than we are."

~

Luna smiled softly at him, thankful that he always asked permission. After being married to someone who never asked, just took, Craven was everything she had wished for. "Yes," she said, kissing him softly before watching the two men head into the backyard.

~

"Well, it's different for everyone starting out, but that could work," Hades agreed. His chest rumbled in a chuckle as she blushed. "As reliable of a method as it is, I'm sure there are less scarring ways to teach our children to fly when the time comes," he agreed, falling into silence as she took deep breaths in her attempt to clear her mind.

"Yes she is!" Gladriel gushed cooing at her little one sitting in her high chair 'coloring' a picture book full of animals. JJ blew bubbles and giggles as she was tickled. 

"I found out that my uncle, you know the moose in Canada I mentioned? He has two kids of his own and one is a Irish elk! Apparently as long as it was once living and we know the bone and muscle structure of prehistoric creatures, we can immitate them. Wouldn't it be cool to have a little dire wolf running about? " She said saying it loud enough so Tucker could hear it in the study. 

-------

"And I prefer to have my skin intact. She is a hell cat like you at times. Her and my mom chewed me out a couple times when I did something stupid and got suspended from school." He chuckled softly finishing the list. "alright it's all set!"

----

Craven followed Boston out to look at the yard. "Spacious. The soil is good for tomatoes and radishes. I have some seeds if you want to grow some fresh  veggies. " He offered leaning down and running his hand over the grass. 

----

After a long moment, she let go falling backwards and trusting herself. Her wings acted on their own and flipped her up, catching a draft and rocketed her skyward. She whooped in joy. "I did it! Hades I'm doing it!"