Polar

Adventures in Fantasyland

Hunter groaned leaning forward and his arms wrapping around her. " Little to the left.... yep.. thats it..." He sighed like he was in heaven. "I'm sure i can find something. Something someplace where its remote and hard to find me. I don't want work following me home. I have you, and you're mine now, i can't bare to lose you again." His eye rolled closed and his tail wagged happily at her giving him attention.

------

Adam flashed braces. " I made some too. Hannah is my little sister, she helps organize things." "I make it pretty!" Hanna squealed and crawled up on to craven's back.

"Yes, I made most of it, and Adam does a few carvings. People do tend to come in, Mostly for last minuet items, but also when there's snow, or a show in town, they come in for cheep fur coats to look fancy, or anniversary gifts." Craven explained keeping his back from moving to much as the little girl added strands of braids to his hair.

Adam started with his barrage of questions. "What do you mean by pure blood lines? Are there Thoroughbred centaurs like there are horses? How far are you along? Do you have the same gestation period as a normal horse or is it longer or shorter?" The teen asked.

"Easy Adam, we had a hectic day. I'll take the day's money and the cash in the safe Then you two can close the shop and enjoy your holiday." He said heading to the back room, bouncing along as Helen giggled and held on to his shoulders.

--------

"Tend to my garden and bonzi trees. Now hush, your voice alone makes me nervous...." She said quietly falling back to that quiet shy voice of hers. " And your presence makes it hard to calm myself so please stay quiet and out of sight." She said as she steeped into a dark room and struck a match, lighting each candle individually. There where three walls of three rows of candles, each row holding twelve tea light candles. A long bamboo mat with a single flat round pillow in the middle of it. after lighting a single row on each of the three walls, Lain sat down Indian style and rested her arms on her legs palms up after letting down her hair entirely and taking deep slow breaths.

-----

Galadrel nodded and wormed her way under his shirt, curling up against his belly and licked the knife wounds he had from the time she was taken away. She stayed there and made no move to leave the comfort of his warmth or arms. " Will we be having guests?" She asked softly her nose peeping out from his caller. "You can just feed me like this, I don't feel like much company right now."

Brienna rolled her eyes at Hunter but continued rubbing his ears, repressing a shiver as he trapped her against his chest. "I'm sure we'll find something," She agreed. "We could even wander for a while, if you'd rather, lose any people trying to find you before settling down somewhere and having kittens... pups..." She groaned melodramatically. "Oh, I don't even know at this point, but before you ask, we are not calling them kups," She said, mashing together the two words into a somewhat ridiculous combination. "Children, that's the word I'm looking for," She said, looking as if she wanted to face palm. She moved her hand to rub the other ear and kissed his jaw. "How many do you want?"

~

"Well they're very good," Luna told the two children, smiling at Hannah as she crawled onto Craven's back and clung to his shoulders. "I suppose it varies, then depending on what people need - not that you don't have a bit of everything here," Luna mused, glancing around. She grinned as Adam began questioning her rapid fire about centaurs. "Whoa, whoa, slow down! It's alright Craven, I don't mind. A purebred line is a line that is either completely wingless centaur or completely winged centaur. Depends on who you ask. My line is completely wingless, so far as I know. I'm almost six months along, which is about halfway. We're pregnant for about as long as a horse, yes - anywhere between 11 and 12 months, it depends on genetics, really. And before you ask, no, I have no idea about the gender, but I'm hoping that we'll be able to find out soon," She finished, answering his questions as Craven was moving towards the back room. "See Craven, that didn't take long," She teased with a grin.

~

"Does it now?" Hades asked, his voice a purr in her ear. "Isn't that nice to know, my little songbird?" He asked, grinning. "I suppose, if you insist that I disappear..." He melted into the shadows, practically invisible in the dark room. "Then I must oblige." The candles would flicker as he wished them to - he would have gladly lit them all at once if Lian would have asked. "You have long hair," He hummed, practically materializing right behind her, hands barely touching her shoulders before he grinned wickedly and pulled away, sitting down across from her in the same position, eyes gleaming mischievously. "Gotta love the dark meditation rooms," He hummed thoughtfully before finally shutting up, closing his eyes. After several moments the candle flames began to rise and fall with his breathing.

~

Damien chuckled as Galadriel wormed her way under his shirt, which revealed hard muscle from years of training and fighting. A shudder went up his spine as she licked the wounds that had rendered him helpless to defend her all those years ago, some of the oldest scars he had, though his abdomen was littered with newer scars and even burns, along with several tattoos which included a seal tattoo over his heart. The right was vibrant with colors of different greens and blues, and the left was completely black.

"We're not having guests," He said. "And I want you sitting at the table with us. The kids have been asking about you, you know. They care about you. You're family, Gala, as misfit as it may be. You don't have to stay long, at least make an appearance. Please?"

"I was going to say kitps because it sounds cuter. Kits is just fine with me. " He hummed lowly and kissed along her jaw line. "Two or six, any one in between. You're the one that's going to carry them. So it's up to you..." He nibbled by her ear. "You have magic fingers, took my grumpiness right away...."

-----

Adam blushed. "I actually had more. But, I can save them for later. " He said softly. Craven walked out with a bag on his shoulder. He set Hannah down. "Okay sweetie, check to make sure everything is okay before I lock up for tonight. You two can take a couple weeks off. Inventory is going low and I need to make more things. " He said as the little girl nodded and ran around straightening everything as her brother took the money from the register and locked it up. "My mom's side is pure wings, my dad's is mixed, and even a few are wild horses. Don't ask how that works, you don't want to know. " He said wrinkling his nose. "Thats why I'm larger than most. "

----

Lian stiffened when he purred in her ear and chuckled. Her eyes were closed, and although he was now quite, she was still very much aware that he was near her. She opened her eyes and focused in a candle, trying to breathe when it rose and fell, and to clear her head. The room was very dark when the candles dimmed. After several long minutes, she got her heart to slow down and eventually everything drifted away as her eyes closed and she started to finally meditate an hour later.

------

She rubbed her cheek against the tattoo of the seals before crawling out of his shirt and jumped on the ground shifting back. "Okay... " She muttered and headed down the stairs after he got up. "I still want to cuddle later. " She murmurs. She reached out, taking his hand in hers and took a deep breath before smiling brightly for the children. "Did you little squirts enjoy your movie?"

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

"Yeah, that's much better," Brienna agreed with a chuckle, tilting her head upwards as Hunter placed kisses along her jawline. "I wouldn't mind a big family," She hummed, feeling a purr build in her chest. "Twins are more likely anyways, considering our animal counterparts almost always have multiples," She mused, shivering as his teeth nibbled the sensitive skin by her ear. She purred, her hands running through his hair and pulling him closer. "Oh, I'm sure. I'm your mate, that's what I do." She ducked down to capture his lips in a passionate kiss, not breaking away until she needed to gasp for breath. "I missed you," She breathed after several moments, knowing it was unnecessary for her to specify any more.

~

"Doesn't the library carry information on things like that?" Luna asked curiously. "Or the internet?" She followed Craven out, shivering as the cold air hit her and mentally facepalming as she realized she forgot a horse blanket. She moved under Craven's wing for warmth and snickered as he spoke of his heritage. "Ah, well, we all have that one weird family member," She said, still grinning. "I don't think I have to ask how it works, either..." Shaking her head, she looked up at him. "Where to now?"

~

((So should we keep them on the same time as everyone else despite the time difference? I mean, it'll all even out later, so it doesn't really matter tongue.gif))

After an hour of sitting in the dim room, having Lian's scent permeate his senses and struggle to focus (though it seemed she was in a similar situation, he observed), Hades gave up and left the room, going outside and managing to convince a guard to mock spar with him as long as he didn't use fire. After tiring of continuously knocking the man on his butt - though Hades thought the guard was improving a little - he decided to practice on his own, doing what looked like a quicker, choppier form of tai chi which included fire billowing from his palms and feet. After a while, he ended up in a handstand, perfectly balanced. He shifted back and forth from hand to hand, tail winding slowing back and forth. Abruptly, he shoved upwards into a graceful flip and landing lightly in his feet, rolling his neck and feeling the blood rush downwards from his head. The landscape had dimmed significantly as the sun dipped down below the horizon, and his eyes looked at the quiet scenery as the first stars emerged in the darkness. Despite the dusk he had no trouble seeing, his eyesight just as good in the dark as in the light. He glanced back at the building he had left, wondering if she was finished - fighting was as good as meditation for him, just in a different sort of way. It wasn't something he had to focus on, after a while and enough practice, it just... happened.

~

"Good," Damien said with a smile, eyes lighting up. "Of course we can cuddle later. I would be dumb to say no." He chuckled, taking Galadriel's hand and twining his fingers with her own. "Look who's down from her nap, kiddos!"

"You take long naps," Kai said matter of factly, from where he sat at the table staring wistfully at the prepared food. "I'm hungry."

"It's because she's gonna have a baby, dumby!" Rose exclaimed, reaching to smack him but missing. Kai stuck out his tongue at her.

"I want a pet reindeer when I grow up!" Tia said to Galadriel excitedly.

Tucker rolled his eyes. "Then who would help Santa?" He asked, sounding completely unconcerned.

"There would be plenty of others to help! Did you see all the ones in the movie or not?" Tia asked sassily, crossing her arms and raising an eyebrow, managing a look similar to one Damien would often make.

Damien chuckled. "You don't want a reindeer as a pet, Tia, they're messy. You're much better off with a dog. We're not getting one," He interjected before she could open her mouth to speak. "But maybe someday. But since Gala is having a baby, we need to be ready for that and not chasing after a wayward puppy. Understand? Besides, we have enough trouble with Tucker."

"Rude," Said Tucker, though he chuckled. "When can we eat?"

"Now, since we're all down here. Tuck, help Kai. Rose, c'mere and I'll get your food," Damien said. "Gala, can you get Tia's food for her?"

Tucker was already moving to help Kai, spooning the requested foods on to the boy's plate. "No, you can't have three rolls. You can have another one once you're finished the food you already have."

Edited by polaristar

"Thats why I chose even numbers." He stated and returned her kiss with the same need and wrapped her up in his arms tightly. He said nothing in reply, his fingers tracing every new freckle, and conture of her face his single eye hungrily trying to memorize every curve, each eyelash, every line on her lips. All the while, his face was set in a worried grimace. After a long moment, he picked her up and set her on the bed rubbing his palms on his jeans. In a rough, almost pained voice he spoke so softly. "Don't ask." And after a moment hesitation he stripped off the long sleeve shirt he wore.

Hunter could have been a male model if he was taller... and without the tattoos and scars. His skin tone was a beautiful mix between Cherokee and light coffee with cream color of Asian-African American. On his upper chest he had three small bands of tattoos in patterns of solid tear drops, hollow circles and triangles alternating between solid and outline pointing down towards his belly. Scars littered his body, everything from a swipe of a werebear, bites of wolves, knife cuts, scarification and bullet wounds. On his upper shoulder, a scarification of a wolf paw outline with a ankh on the middle pad, a Chinese character of fifty on one toe pad, a alpha symbol in the middle a devil's star in the second middle pad and a bloody claw tattooed above the last toe pad.

He turned around showing the back. The only two tattoos that was on his back was five bands of tattoos first of crow's feet, second of fangs lined up, third of feathers like a eagle, forth of bear paws and fifth of what looked like barbed wire with a deer skull in the middle, it's horns twisting through the other bands. The second tattoo was on his lower back. Among his many scars, one was outlined with a small saber tooth skull with a heart for the eye socket. It was one when she had tackled him when they were kids, in shift form and her claws made four small lines in his skin. It was the only scar he was proud of, and the tattoo looked faded like he had gotten it a while ago. "I got that one on my sixteenth birthday. Mom insisted that I get one she designed. I thought it was going to be a mom or something like that. I was shocked that she remembered exactly where that scar was. I'd forgotten about it, and it's faded away a little bit."

----------

Adam shook his head. "They are all of what humans believe centaur's do and stuff. They never asked a centaur for an interview before."

The teen and the girl waved goodbye as they locked up and left. "Home." Craven said. "The wolf kin also celebrate Christmas, so I don't want to bother another one. They can get moody. " He said tucking his wing around her. "We can visit them tomorrow morning. How does that sound?" He asked her. "We also need to talk about.... things.. too. I...... I would say I'm sorry for my actions, but I'm not. " He said softly.

--------

((No. They are not. They will even out soon. ))

Lian wasn't there, having left when he did to retreat to her green house. There she sat on a bench with a nightingale and mocking bird beside her on their perches and combed her hair, braiding flowers and crystal pins in it as she whistled and chirped with the birds, eventually singing songs in a language unknown to any except those who are mockbird larks. The language of the birds is a very ancient language, that was once known to all before and during the building of the tower of Babel. Afterwards, the languages where split, and only one race was able to keep the language of the earth, sea, plants and birds alive, as long as they swore never to teach it to anyone not of mockbird blood. Some dragons know of this language and can understand it for it is equal in age and opposite of theirs. Where their language was deep, low, and gravely, her language was light, airy and soft.

--------

"Rose don't hit your brother, it is rude." She scolded lightly, helping Tia dish out the foods she wants. "Be careful what you wish for dear. This child would be a shifter like me. It can choose three forms, and it could be a reindeer, or maybe an elk, or moose... hopefully it won't choose a moose. " she looked at her belly. "Don't be a moose, your butt would get stuck in the doorways like my uncle George from Canada. Or those antlers. And moose horn Chandlers are hideous."

Brienna saw the look on Hunter's face and gave him a questioning look when, after returning her kiss, he pulled off his long sleeve shirt after a momentary inner debate. "Hunter..." Brienna said slowly after seeing the scars and tattoos that decorated his upper body, "if you're trying, in some weird way, to scare me off - it's not working." She flipped on her side and pulled him down to lay beside her. "Hunter," She said softly, wrapping an arm around his torso and cupping one of his cheeks with her other hand. "I don't care that you have tattoos and scars, they're what make you, you. And I love you. Don't beat yourself up for something like this."

~

Luna rolled her eyes in disgust. "Humans," She muttered, waving at the children as they left and nodded in agreement at Craven's statement. "Home it is. My hooves are beginning to hurt anyways. It's tiring have to carry this extra weight around," She joked, rubbing her baby bump with a gentle hand and glancing up at him. "We can go out tomorrow or the next day, depending on the weather. Feels like snow again," She commented, referring to the raw sting of the cold air. "I agree, we need to talk. But you have nothing to apologize for, I don't know what you think there is to be sorry about." She paused for several moments, unsure of what to say as they entered the quiet woods once more. "I feel lime I should apologize. I left and just let myself get married to someone that wasn't even my mate then got pregnant with a foal that should be yours and not his," She said in a rush, eyes downcast. "It feels like betrayal... like I betrayed you."

~

Hades determined that Lian was no longer in the building - he hadn't even seen her leave - and followed her flowery scent to the greenhouse, where she was conversing with the birds. "I always loved the language of the birds," He mused, his deep voice startling some of them. "Quite the opposite of my own language, yet similar at the same time. My mother could understand it, though she passed away before she was able to pass that knowledge along to me," He said, sitting down beside her. "Your hair is long," He observed. "It looks soft, like silk." He looked like he wanted to reach out and touch it but resisted, instead looking around the greenhouse at the flowering plants. "This is a soothing place, I can see why you like it."

~

Damien chuckled at Galadriel's comment as he sat down to eat with Tia close behind. "You had an uncle that could turn into a moose? That's hysterical," He snickered before looking faintly concerned. "Why would you use moose antlers for a chandelier? Especially your child's?"

"I'm pretty sure it's just the principle of the thing, dad," Tucker said dryly. "Personally, I think a big mammal is the way to go. Can protect yourself better that way, ya know?"

Damien hummed his agreement as he ate. "Guess it depends on when the child can decide what its forms will be. How old were you? When we met you already could shift."

((Excuse any typos))

"They're not me. "Tears welled up in his eye. " I hate them all. What I've done... what I've seen. You know me... I couldn't even squash a spider let alone kill a man... but that's what they made me. A killer... a monster." His voice cracked. "I don't want to relive them. I'm ashamed of each one except that one on my back from you. I didn't ask for the bands either. Their meaning... it's gruesome... I hate my grandfather. I cover the mirrors so I can't see my body. If I'd just gotten away sooner..... " He sniffed and shook his head so violently one of his ears flipped inside out. He kissed her mouth with desperation and need. "Make me forget about them. Give me more scars, ones I can be proud to say those are my mate's.... be forever mine gorgeous.. " He breathed and pulled her on top of him nibbling her neck and the skin under her ear.

Fat snowflakes started to fall as the sun started to set on Christmas day.

--------

"That's not your fault!" He snapped sharply and grabbed her chin lifting it to look at him, and cupping her cheeks. Although his voice was harsh for a brief moment, his touch was as soft as his feathers and as gentle as a doe. "That was your mother's doing. You had no choice with her. You're with me now. Fate has a way of correcting itself, and nature is about balance. You were with a cruel man for a few months, and yes you bare his child, but this foal will not have a mother who tells it what to do, call it's friends ' abominations ', or force them to be with someone they do not love. They will not have a abusive, or compliant father. Not only that, but a few months would be out weighed by the many years we'll spend together. York can not get to you, he's dead. And even if another one of his family comes down to take you from me, I will fight with every fiber of my being to keep you here with me. Where you are happy, loved, taken care of, and safe. " He kissed her forehead. "Now come on, it's getting cold and starting to snow. I'm sure you're hungry and my wrappings need to be changed soon. " He said and started walking again, having stopped to look her in the eye when he spoke.

----

"It is my personal place. And unfortunately, I can't teach it to you. My father employed a ancient one of my kind. He told me that I can only teach it to my children, nobody else. It is a promise we made before the world was split by languages. And it's our secret to unlocking other languages. Draconic however is a challenge for me. I don't mind a challenge though.. oh! Piper, that was rather rude!" As a mocking bird mimicked a screech of a bat before flying off. She sighed and moved on her bench. "If....if you don't mind, can you comb the middle part? I can't reach it...." She shyly peeked over her shoulder and held out the silver comb with a Lilly on it for him to use. "Just be careful that you don't cut my hair with those claws. It's considered bad luck. "

-------

"What else would you do with shed antlers and a reminder of all the milestones? Dad kept my mottled feathers when I learned how to fly. That weird soft blanket was of them stiched together. I was around three. Dad exposed me to as many animals he can. Whether it was zoo's or pictures, stuffed animals, documentaries, animal planet was a big one. I was drawn to a white seal at a toy store. Saw something about arctic foxes on animal planet and I remember dad reading me guardians of gahool and loving the snow owls whom rules the tree of gahool. " she explained

Sitting down with her meal after getting Tia settled.

"Size isn't everything. Sometimes the smallest creatures are the most dangerous. Take the domestic house cat. They are the number one most extreme hunters. The wolf, only the second and the Siberian tiger the third. " She said taking a bite.

((True! On animal planet most extreme! smile.gif ))

"No," Brienna said firmly, her eyes soft. "You're not a monster, Hunter. None of what happened to you is your fault, so you quit blaming yourself, you hear me? It's not your fault." Her hand ran through his hair, straightening his displaced ear which had flopped outwards adorably. "Tattoos can be removed. Pay a wizard, they can do practically anything," She suggested, returning his desperate kiss with something slower and gentler. Her hands skimmed his torso, lingering on the scars and burns that littered it. "I'm already yours," She breathed, reaching down to kiss him again. "Are you sure you don't want to... wait?" She asked slowly, pulling away a fraction to kiss the crease between his eyebrows.

~

Luna flinched slightly at Craven's tone, looking as if she was going to move away before changing her mind. "I know," She whispered quietly, eyes flickering downwards as she leaned into his touch. "It feels like it though." A smile crossed her face briefly. "You're right, of course. As usual." She grabbed his wrist before he could pull away completely, holding it in place for a moment and placing a feather-light kiss against his palm. Thank you." She released her hold on his wrist, and as if on cue, shivered slightly. "Let's get back, we don't want to catch something from being out in the cold." She too started walking again, keeping pace with his longer strides with only slight difficulty, the air around her billowing with steam as the temperature dropped quickly as darkness fell. "Man, I forgot how cold it can get out here. You're not bleeding, are you?" She asked, knowing that so much movement could cause his wounds to reopen.

~

"Don't worry," Hades ensured her, "I understand. The reason you probably have a hard time with Draconic is your natural language and Draconic are opposites - you'll have a harder time learning mine because it's completely different from everything else you're used to." He twitched an eyebrow as Lian scolded the bird. "Do I even want to know?" He asked with a chuckle. "I don't mind at all. Don't worry, I'll be careful. Even my claws aren't that sharp. Besides, living in a world where most people have normal, clawless fingers, leads to quickly learning how to not slice everything I hold into pieces," He said, taking the comb from her and running it gently through her hair. "Let me know if I'm tugging to hard, okay?" He requested. "You mind if I ask you something?" He asked, pausing for a moment before continuing on anyways. "Are you afraid of heights?" It was a seemingly random question, but for a flying creature it wasn't completely out of the blue - he was gauging whether or not she'd be willing to fly with him.

~

"Oh, right," Damien said, "I didn't even think of that!" He said with a chuckle. "I didn't change until I was seventeen and my mom finally gave me my skin," He revealed with a chuckle. "Most selkies have changed long before then, once they've been taught how to swim." Up until then, I thought I was a human."

"You don't shift much," Tucker said between chews, "So really you're not far away."

Damien merely twitched an eyebrow. "I don't exactly have an overabundance of time, between you kids and work."

The werewolf boy chuckled in agreement. "Perhaps you're right. I didn't know that about cats, GG. It's just... there are so many werecats out there who are housecats, it's just not as... unique. I'd like a wolf or something related, then I'd be able to teach the baby, you know? All the tips and tricks?"

"We'll just have to wait and see," Damien said with a shrug as he finished his dinner. Tucker got up for seconds as Kai shoved around the vegetables left on his plate. Damien sent the young boy a stern look. "Finish your vegetables, Kai, then you can have dessert. And don't give me that pout, you know it doesn't work." The little boy scowled comically and shoved a forkful of vegetables in his mouth.

"We have brownies for dessert," Damien said. "Rose and Tia helped make them. Nothing fancy, but they're good. My mom's recipe."

"I've tried. Several. They say they can but I'll be stuck in one form or the other. Unlike were's, we use magic to shift, and magic was placed in the ink of the tattoos. It would interfere with my magic. " He said with a tremble as she ran her fingers across his marks. Once more he shook his head. "I'm tired of waiting. I've waited so long to have you, and now that I do, it's hard not to touch and kiss you. " He kissed between her brows. "Unless that is your wish, then I will wait... but I will have a hard time controlling myself when we're alone together.." He warned her.

((The division of the snow fall was actually a smoother transition instead of the usual fades thing.))

-----

"I am." He said simply walking along with her and unloaded the herbs when they got into the hut. Gingerly he sat and slipped off his shirt. The wounds were bleeding still. On his back, the small claw marks had reopened. He made more salve and rubbed it on, wincing. "Drat this stings.." He muttered.

------

"I live on a mountain. And when I'm not here I live in penthouse suites in skyscrapers. I'm also on a jet plane most of the time to. If I ever was scared of heights at some point in my life, it's gone now. " she said with a smile. "No, you don't want to know. It was a word that as a lady I should not repeat. Please don't roast him though, although vulgar, he's one of the most talkative ones. And an interesting conversationalist."

------

"The forms are not something I could control Tucker. No two sirens have the same three forms. And I heard talk about a saber tooth werecat now I'd like to see that one! Those cats where the predators of the Ice age, along with dire wolves. And kai, eating your veggies make you big and strong. Bad guys, monsters and things will be afraid of you. You're dad ate his veggies every day and now look at him!" She smiled at the boy. "Wouldn't you want to be a strong older brother for your little sibling..." she patted her tummy, "and protect them from meanies at school?" She asked then looked at Damien. "Really? We need to combine my dad's and your mom's recipes. Without our parents' brownies, those school bake sales would have been a flop!" She laughed

((Who wins the award for being most oblivious? Moi. That's my bad xd.png))

"I'm sorry," Brienna murmured, resting her forehead against his. "I know..." She said softly, reaching to kiss him once more. "Like you won't have a hard time anyways?" She twitched an amused eyebrow, lips quirking upwards into a smile as her lips brushed the upper rings of his tattoos. "I'm tired of waiting too."

~

"Let me do that!" Luna exclaimed after kindling the fire in the chilly, dim hut. She gently removed Craven's bandages and took the salve from him. "Hold still, I'm sorry." She rubbed it on his back and chest where the wounds were still bleeding, and took rag and dipped it into a bucket of cool water by the door to damp away the blood. "I can cook, you rest," She ordered once she was finished. "And keep your shirt off so you don't start the bleeding again." She went to begin to prepare dinner. "We should start work on a nursery soon," She said as she began to cook.

~

"Good," Hades said with a smile, chuckling at her comments. "Wouldn't dream of it. What kind of man would I be if I killed defenseless birds - even if said birds did say something offensive," He said. "Look, would you want to, uh... sometime, go on a fly, maybe?" He asked, looking uncharacteristically nervous. For an individual to fly with their dragon or dragonkin mate was an ultimate sign of trust. "You don't have to, but it'd be, ah, cool. You know," He continued, rubbing the back of his neck. His cheeks were tinged slightly pink but he didn't seem to be afraid to boldly face rejection of any sort.

~

"It'd be cool though," Tucker said, stuffing his mouth full of food.

Damien choked on his drink. "Saber-toothed werecat? That's Dire's mate, if my intel serves me correct," He said. "I don't think he'd mind you meeting her sometime, he mentioned it when we talked after he found you."

"Yeah!" Kai said enthusiastically, shoving more veggies in his mouth. "I want to grow big and strong, just like daddy, so that I can protect my little sibling from the bullies like Rose does with me!"

"I pummeled a boy once after he called Kai a mean word Daddy said we're not allowed to say," Rose said matter-of-factly, looking quite proud of herself.

"That's my girl!" Damien said with a grin. "She got detention, but I got her icecream after I heard about it."

"I thought parents weren't supposed to promote violent behavior," Tucker said wryly, polishing off his plate.

"Yeah, well, I'm not exactly a normal dad, am I?" Damien asked amusedly.

"No, you're much better!" Tia exclaimed happily. "Normal dads are boring."

Hunter shivered once more and chuckled. "You're right on that... now where's that sexy purr hell cat?" He captured her lips with his, his tail wagging cutely.

The snow fall was thicker as the temperature dropped outside. (<- wink.gif )

---------

"I'm fine woman!" He complained, although his tone was light and playful. "Are you sure that's the reason to have it off, and not to just look at the man I've become?" He asked with a chuckle heading into the new room. "What do you think this is? I sleep outside in the summer anyway so you and the baby will have the hut. " He sat down and started preening his wings setting feathers in a pile on the ground.

-----

"I've always dreamed of flying..." she said softly, almost wistfully looking at the birds flutter around the green house. "Not tonight though. Tomorrow maybe?" She asked. "There once was a time when my kind had wings, the Elder had them... but... those whom are born in captivity have them removed. I had some issues from someone cutting away mine with hedge prunes..... I wish they hadn't.... I wonder what they would have looked like. " she sighed watching as a bright red macaw flew over head.

----

"Really? Small world." Galadriel mused and smiled at Kai eating his veggies eagerly. "Ha! I would've done the same! I kicked some serious butt when I was in school because the boys would pick on me. But.. I did it after school off school grounds so I wouldn't get suspended. And then when he saw they got a couple hits in on me, he'd be in serious trouble because he'd totally beat them down in the locker rooms where they couldn't run. " she laughed hitting Damien on the shoulder. "His mom scolded us both and my dad snuck him out of his room when he was grounded and splurged on frozen yogurt! "

((Got it xd.png))

Brienna stirred sometime in the night, feeling drowsy but content. Her head rested on Hunter's bare chest, and her eyes traced the tattoos and scars in the darkness. She realized at some point that the light had gone off - presumably Hunter's doing, after she had fallen asleep. She glanced upwards, eyes skimming his features in the darkness, and sighed happily. Being with him once more had been what she had wanted ever since he had 'died', and it felt absolutely right.

~

"Oh, quit your whining!" Luna teased back, grinning and rolling her eyes goodnaturedly at Craven. "Sure, Craven, that's exactly why. You see right through me," She responded, chuckling, the ounce of truth in her words masked. She watched as he settled into the new room and began preening his feathers and shook her head at him. "What did I say about resting? Honestly. You take care of me, I take care of you, that's how this works. And I can't take care of you if you bleed out!" She tutted, smiling in spite of herself. "Oh, I sound like a mother hen," She groaned. "Doesn't it get hot in here though? I can understand the baby sleeping inside, but I'm sure I'll get hot too, I may have to sleep outside with you. I guess we'll have to wait and see." She shrugged. "If we get some yarn and knitting needles when we next go to town, I'll knit a blanket and little beanies and stuff, it'll be adorable. My grandmother taught me how to knit after the fire. I did a lot, it was something to keep my mind on."

~

"Tomorrow," Hades confirmed with a nod of agreement, looking relieved that she had liked his proposal of going for a fly. "Someone cut off your wings," He repeated, looking horrified and then angry. "Who? Who did it? I'll rip them limb from limb," He growled, touch gentle despite his furious tone as he tipped her head to look at him. His tail curled behind him, showing his agitation, and eyes took in her sad expression. "I'm sure your wings would have been absolutely stunning, like you. I'll take you flying however much you'd like, it never gets old," He told her, voice softer.

~

Rose looked as if she had just discovered her new idol. "Really? Tucker has been teaching me how to fight but I'm not very good yet. Still better than second grade bullies, though," She said proudly.

"Tuck's been teaching you to fight, huh?" Damien asked interestedly. Tucker shifted, looking as if he was about to get into trouble until Damien smiled. "Why didn't you just ask, Rose, I would have taught you."

"Wow, really?" Rose asked. "Tuck isn't a very good teacher. No offense."

"None taken," Tucker muttered, looking relieved he hadn't been chewed out.

"I had detention for a month for that, not to mention nearly getting expelled!" Damien chuckled, recalling the locker room incident. It had been after he had been in the ring a few times, back when he had just started, and he had learned how to defend himself - his fighting style back then was absolutely brutal, and three of the boys he had fought still had crooked noses. He himself had two broken ribs when he started the fight and left with three, though at the time he hadn't cared. "They never messed with you again though, did they?" He asked with a chuckle. "And that frozen yogurt was great. Totally worth it."

Hunter started twitching around the areas where her fingers brushed. His ears flicked, and lips twitched as he started to growl. Not even thirty seconds after that his eye snapped open, crazed and wolfish. Bolting upright he swiped the air with a half shifted hand, claws attacking something that was only in his mind. This is why he didn't sleep well.

----

"Get used to it, woman." He called back at her. "Consider this as practice. And I told you before, this is me resting! Can't hold still for long, so might as well start making a bed for the baby. " He twisted around to look at her. "You knit? I get lots of people asking me if I make blankets that don't involve fur or trivits not made from wood..... if you want, after you made some for the foal, you can make those and sell them at my shop... then whatever you profit from it, you can put away for anything you want." He dropped a final feather and shook out his wings.

-------

She placed a hand over his. "Breathe...." she said calmly. "Probably the same person whom left me in a box in a alleyway." She smiled slightly. "I'm sure they would have been as well. That sounds wonderful. " She touched his cheek. "I am flattered about your concern and anger over a loss that happened before my memory... however, it is no use. I do not have wings like you, and therefore can not imagine the loss of them, or even miss them. I don't even remember who did it, only the fact that I have two scars on my back... and was told so by a man far older then I. Don't tell my papa about this, but I'm working on a tattoo, of what my wings in my dreams look like. I'm not done with the details yet though."

----

"Oh come on DJ, when do you have the time to teach her?" She huffed and grinned at rose. "My pa taught me what he learned in the army! Special forces. Helped me out many times too. I'll be your teacher, and Kia too if you want to join. I'm kinda stuck here until you daddy clears away the bad men who had me for a long time, so might as well make use of my time." She said finishing her meal. "And yes, they never ever bothered me. Ah, I just realized something..." She said turning to Damien. "I know Tucker is a werewolf, and Tia a mermaid, but you never told me what rose and Kai are. I'm curious, and you know what they say.. curiosity killed the Fox..."

Brienna paused, feeling Hunter's muscles clench as he growled. She moved from his path as he surged upwards, snarling and looking completely feral. "Hunter!" She said soothingly, sitting up and rubbing his back. "It's okay, you're safe. You're with me, remember?" She continued to rub his back, using one hand to clutch the sheet to her chest. "It's alright," She murmured.

~

"I won't have a baby that's been injured by a puma," Luna said, rolling her eyes. "At least try to take it easy, for my sanity? As long as you don't move around to much, I suppose there's no harm..." She said slowly before nodding. "Yeah. I like it, it's relaxing. I'd be happy to knit for the store. It'll give me an excuse to not get out of practice. I'll have a lot of free time in the three months leading up to June... I probably won't be going anywhere," She said goodnaturedly, pulling out two bowls and handing him a steaming bowl. "You know, sometime we should consider investing in some better cookware - a frying pan, at the very least - that way I can cook more varied meals," She suggested, blowing on the stew before eating.

~

Hades relaxed at Lian's touch, puffing out a warm breath and leaning into her touch. "I suppose you're right," He agreed slowly, giving her a small smile. "This is why I need you. You humanize me," He said quietly. "Don't worry, I won't tell him. My lips are sealed. Though I'd love to see what you have so far." His tail wound slowly back and forth, not tightly like before, but in a relaxed fashion that demonstrated his mood. He returned her hairbrush to her once he finished combing. "There you are, all finished, and all strands left intact," He said with a chuckle. "Would you like to stay here a bit longer, or go to dinner?" He paused for a moment. "I feel as if you don't know me all that well - is there anything you'd like to know?"

~

"True, true," Damien chuckled before stiffening. "Teach them how to fight? But you're pregnant? It's too risky, you might get hurt. I'll have Waylond teach them, he'll like that."

Tucker smiled down to his plate, looking as if he was about to witness something extremely entertaining. Damien probably should have known better than to tell Galadriel what she couldn't do - which he seemed to realize, just a bit too late.

"I'm not saying you can't fight, just that you need to be careful," Damien rushed. "I mean, it's just the kids, so it'll probably be okay, I just don't want you to get hurt."

"I'm a kelpie!" Kai said cheerfully. "I just can't change yet. I can't do it until I'm older, like Tuck."

"I'm a changeling," Rose said. "At least, that's what the humans call fairies who are switched with human babies. That's why I'm with Damien, because my parents found out when I started to do magic. I'm not very good yet."

"As a fairy, she's an expert at chaotic, mischief causing magic," Damien said with a longsuffering sigh. "Hence the water fountain incident."

He didn't calm, only leaped from the bed with a snarl backing against the wall eye focused on her, but seeing through her still partly ensnared in the lingering effects of his night terror. The shock of the cold wall against his bear back made him blink several times and shook his head before sliding down to the floor head in his hands trembling. "Bre?" His voice cracked. "D-did I scare you? I'm sorry baby...." He looked up at her, the feralness gone replaced with sadness and pain.

------

He took the bowl gratefully and blew across the liquid. "I did have one.. but um... it broke when I was fending off a small pack of werewolves that went in a full moon craze. " He smiled slightly. "They still took my deer stake though. When spring rolls around I'll pick some up at the store. I might get some noodles too. " He said thoughtfully as he started eating. "Oh my, this is delicious!"

--------

"Did your parents raise you? Or where you left alone like it says in the books?" She asked starting to do her hair in a Chinese ladder braid. "No you don't get to see them until I am done. " she added playfully. She waited for his response before asking more questions. "Is it difficult to put on a shirt with wings? I thought they made some specific for wings.... How good is your eyesight? Can you see in different spectrums like UV and infer red?" Again she waited. "What's the difference between a north and south Dragon? Is it drastic like the eastern lung is depicted from a western Dragon? Or is it just slight like the tundra wolf and the timber wolf?"

---------

Galadriel briefly looked like the Dean Winchester blinking meme at his sudden attitude change. "Excuse me?" She drug out the words slowly. "Did you really just issue an order to me? Oh.. oh no. " She wagged her finger at him. "Don't you even think you're going to get that big blubbery ass out of this one." She pointed the butter knife at him. "Just because I am pregnant, does not mean that I can't teach a five year old and a ten year old some simple self defense moves. I'm not going to be wrestling them, I'm not going to be hit in the stomach, and it's not like I'm training Tucker how to judo flip and break an arm while having someone in a choke hold." She said and leaned in close putting the dull butter knife under his chin. "I know my limits, so I don't need you turning mother hen on me and ordering me from doing something you believe is too dangerous. Another word out of your mouth tonight in objection to what I want to do, I'll lock you out of the bedroom and you can sleep in another room tonight." She said with a sweet smile.

She put the knife down and looked at the kids. "I'll bet you'll be a handsome stallion then kai." She grinned at the boy and looked at rose. "Mischief huh? Sounds like Loki. You and I need to team up and plan sometime. I know a lot of good pranks for April fools day. It's always best to plan three or four months ahead..." Galadriel wiggled her eyebrows at the girl.

Brienna dropped her hand when Hunter sprang away, snarling, and surveyed him with a look of concern. She knew instantly when he came back to reality, shaking his head and blinking. "It's alright, Hunter," She said softly, sliding out of bed and slipping on an oversized t-shirt from her bag beside the bed. She padded over and knelt down beside him. "It's okay, you didn't scare me. I was awake already," She said, wrapping her arms around him. "It's not your fault, you can't help it." She stood, pulling him to his feet. "Why didn't you tell me you have nightmares, Hunter?" Brienna asked, not releasing her grasp on his hand. "Come back to bed, it's chilly in here." She rolled back underneath the covers, pulling him down on the bed too. "What was it about?"

~

"You fended off a small pack of werewolves with a frying pan?" Luna asked, raising her eyebrows and smiling in amusement. "Nice. I'm sure they were quaking in their fur," She teased, swallowing another mouthful and flushing with pleasure. "I'm glad you like it. My gran used to make it when I was sick, it was like a treat, ya' know?" She asked. "Also, we're going to need a crib... are you able to make something like that?" She asked him, putting her bowl aside to be washed after a second serving and rubbing her belly. "I can't wait to find out the gender. I can feel the foal moving sometimes, but I'm not far enough along that you can feel the kicks on the outside," She told him. "You'll be the first one to find out when you can, though."

~

((Does she know that he's a cop? I'm kinda operating under the assumption that she doesn't unless stated otherwise tongue.gif))

"My parents did not raise me - they were both killed by two rogue wyverns about a year after I was born. I barely remember it - dragon children tend to have better memory recall when it comes to things that happen earlier in life - we mature faster than other races do. I was raised in a home for boys from the age of ten onwards after being cycled through foster care," He said with a shudder. "Shirts are nightmares, that's why I typically don't wear them. Most dragonkin don't have wings, until you get as high on the dragon scale as I am, and there aren't many like me. They do make specific shirts, but they're still a pain, all of mine are enchanted so that the holes where the wings go expand so I can get in and out. My work uniform was specially tailored to fit my wings and tail." He paused for a moment before continuing answering her questions. "My eyesight is excellent, it's part of the reason I can vigilante so well. All my senses are almost as good as an actual dragon's - it's like normal senses multiplied by 100. I cannot see the UV spectrum but I can see in infrared, which is why I'm able to see in pitch darkness." Her question about the difference between the northern and southern dragons gave him pause and he stopped for a moment, thinking. "It's hard to explain. There are pretty radical personality differences, with the southern dragons being cunning and manipulative and northern dragons being bold, arrogant, and daring. Their physical differences are also quite noticeable - southern dragons tend to be slimly built and incredibly quick, while northern dragons tend to be larger, with thick muscle and armor-like scales." He smiled at her. "I hope that made sense. Anything else?"

~

"I didn't issue an order, I just made a... firm suggestion?" Damien gave, uncertain. "Look, I just don't want you to get hurt, I'm just trying to protect you," He said, leaning away from the butter knife. "And it's really not possible to... oh, never mind. Kids can still be rough, I'm just trying to be cautious here, don't stab me for it. It's not like I'm locking you in a room for the next nine months." He gave a sigh, shaking his head and running a hand down his face as Galadriel finally turned back to the kids.

"That's what one of the girls at school says to me," Kai said, wrinkling his nose. "She tried to hold hands with me once, but I told her girls had cooties and ran away."

"So that's why you got a warning slip!" Damien exclaimed with a chuckle. "After making her cry like that. Apparently her mom had to come pick her up. Bit of an overreaction, if you ask me, but..." He shrugged before his eyes widened. "Oh no, please don't team up! This is my worst nightmare, Rose along was bad enough. I'm not going to sleep come April 1st!" He exclaimed.

"Well, if you can't beat 'em," Tucker said with a shrug, washing his plate and putting it in the dishwasher. "Join 'em. I want in on your evil plots."

"Why me?" Damien sighed, looking quite amused in spite of himself. "Alright, let's start cleaning up," He said, noticing that everyone had finished eating. "We need to get you all ready for bed."

He followed her and crawled back into the bed. "I sleep with my eye open. My grandfather. The day he took my eye and carved the paw print in my skin. He knew so much about you... described what he'd do and told me I'd have to stand there and just watch.... his words just echo, and everything plays back like a broken cassette tape that only plays one song. " He said rubbing the hallow socket.

((That aged me... rolleyes.gif ))

-----

"They sure where!" He grinned at her. "I could build a crib. I make furniture all the time, I just need to gather wood big enough for one. I'm just as excited as you are. " He moved closer and rubbed her belly affectionately "either gender, this foal will be very much loved and protected. " He sat beside her and ate some more of the soup.

-----

((Unless he showed up in uniform during the three guard days he had, she doesn't know.))

"How would you feel about a hanfu robe? I made one for you. " she asked finishing her braid and standing up. "So more like a black bear and a grizzly. Makes sense. Shall we have dinner now? Papa should be home tomorrow or late tonight." She said with a smile holding out a hand to help him up. "Wyverns?" She said looking surprise. "What are they?"

----

"Don't worry, you won't get a whole lot of pranks. Alright, dad is right, quick desert then up to brush your teeth and get in your pajamas on. First one to do so, I'll sing a lulaby to. Now go!" She says and clapped her hands.

((I'm sorry))

Brienna ran a soothing hand through Hunter's hair, combing through the locks tousled with sleep. "He can't get you anymore, okay? He can never harm you again. With me here, the nightmares will go away, you'll see." She kissed his temple. "I was thinking... I can't keep this hotel room forever, and was wondering if maybe, possibly, I could stay with you?" She inquired, redirecting the conversation to something happier in order to get his mind off the nightmare. "I've been looking for a job to get in the meantime, since I plan to stay - I got a degree in psychology, I don't know if I told you. As a therapist." She gave a slight shrug. "Also, we should go visit my parents sometime. They've been wanting to see you."

~

((Their relationship is just so adorable and innocent and I love it xd.png))

Luna laughed, eyes dancing with amusement. "Beware, oh werewolves, of the great foe Craven and his choice of weapon: the frying pan!" She said dramatically, grinning at him. "Maybe I could make a mobile. I had one as a kid, my dad made it out of wood. My mom disapproved but he insisted. That was back before he found 'culture'." She airquoted the word with a roll of her eyes. She nestled up against his side as he settled down next to her, his hand rubbing her belly affectionately. She squeezed his hand before he pulled away to get more stew. "I'm never going to be able to thank you enough, you know," She said. "For taking me in and being willing to raise this foal as your own." She smiled warmly at him. "You'll be a good dad."

~

((Okay))

"I'll like anything you make me," Hades said truthfully, without missing a beat. "Your clothes do look rather comfy." He grinned at her. "We can go to dinner if you'd like, that's fine by me." He took her hand but stood on his own, making no move to let go unless Lian indicated that she wanted to. "Wyverns," He said with a sigh of disgust as they walked towards the house. "Dragon's bane. Their only true enemy, strong enough to kill a grown dragon alone. They have two back legs but no true front legs, which are replaced with wings and claws that are deadly sharp, able to slice through dragon scales. They are a dragon's worst enemy and will hunt and kill dragons and their mates for nothing more than fun. In the case of a dragon with a non-dragon mate - they'll kill the non-dragon and leave while the dragon is hit with grief. They're largely rogues, only coming together to reproduce, but they have no concept of mates like dragons. There are a few wyvernkin, but not many. I, fortunately, have never met one, and hopefully never will." He paused, silent for several moments before moving the conversation to something else. "I have to ask - when we first met, what was your impression of me? It's okay to say terrified, you won't hurt my feelings," He said, chuckling.

~

"Oh good, that definitely eases my mind," Damien said sarcastically. "Not. Anyways, let's get dessert rush over with." He gave the kids a brownie each before taking them upstairs. Tucker and Tia were both showering while Kai and Rose flossed and brushed their teeth as they waited to use the showers. It was almost an hour later when everyone was done, and as Tia had finished first, she requested her lullaby. Damien put Tucker and Kai to bed, ruffling their hair affectionately before going to say goodnight to the girls.

"I'm going to shower," He told Galadriel, yawning and going to take a quick shower of his own before putting on his nightclothes.

((Ah it's fine, I'm young, and look younger xd.png ))

Hunter rubbed his neck. "So I'm marrying a shrink. Perfect match for a assassin with mental issues. My place isn't really..... nice. I live on the down low and in seedy neighborhoods I rather not have you walking around in. Not that you can't handle yourself, but still, I worry. My line of work doesn't make a whole lot of friends. I suppose I could get a paper tomorrow and look at the classifieds for a decent apartment. As soon as this ring deal is finished I might apply for a police position. I'm one hellofa shot and definitely fit. And I know the laws like the back of my hand.... maybe... saving lives instead of taking them would ease the pain of guilt in my heart..." he looked at her. "Does that sound good to you? We can get a house later somewhere in Montana and i could still be a cop, but more like a game warden?"

----

(("I know they're adorable!))

"Hey, those things pack a wallop. " He said laughing. He draped his wing over her. "And you'll be an awesome mom. Just say what you need and I'll get the materials for it. We'll be busy with all this baby plans. There's no need to thank me, you finding your way to me is a blessing. "He finished his soup and grabbed a regular hair brush, softly brushing her hair. "I feel completed with you. Like the whole time I was limping around on two legs and finally got use of my other two. " He said softly.

------

Lian also made no move to let his hand go, softly rubbing her thumb over the small scales and tough skin that was there. She looked frightened at his explanation. "Oh my, that's horrible! I hope I don't see one either." She looked up at his question. She was so tiny compared to him, even her hand in his looked like a child's. "To be honest... I was only very briefly. Then surprised when I collapsed against you. Although... when you picked me up and held me against you.... I felt relief and safe... warm. Like... like it was all a bad dream in nasty thunder storm and I'd sneak into my parents bedroom and be squished by my ma and pa, and they'd tell me silly stories then mom would sing and everything was okay." Lian explained.

------

Galadriel sang to Tia her requested song, kissed all the kids goodnight (including Tucker much to his complaining) before slipping into the bedroom as he was getting on his bed wear. "Awww, maybe I wanted to join you." She pouted playfully then headed to the bathroom stripping along the way, swearing when her ring snagged on to some fabric or her hair before getting in the shower. After a quick wash, having put up her hair so it doesn't get wet, she left the shower and got on her pajamas. She stole a shirt from Damien's closet and slipped it and his sweatshirt on before he could reclaim it. After pulling on TMNT pajama pants, she let down her hair and slipped into bed. "Now I smell like you. " She said happily, hood pulled up and synched closed except for her nose and mouth.

((Same xd.png))

"Oh, don't talk like that," Brienna scolded lightly. "Hunter, we can look for a new apartment tomorrow, but there's no reason I can't stay with you until then. I am more than capable of taking care of myself - anyone would be running for the hills the second I shift anyways," She said, smiling and kissing his nose. "I feel like I should be more worried about you - you're the mercenary, not me. And if you want to go into the force, then I say go for it. You'd make a fantastic game warden, not to mention you'd look great in the uniform," She said with a grin. "So you want to move to Montana, huh? Any particular reason why?"

~

"Well," Luna agreed with a chuckle, "you're not wrong." She shrugged slightly, looking nervous. "I certainly hope so. I'm glad I have you with me, though. I don't think I could handle raising a foal on my own. I suggest we wait until we know the gender to do some of the finer details, that way we can pick out colors and such. If you can stain wood, we could even give the crib a spot of color." She sighed as he pulled the comb gentle through her hair. "I love getting my hair brushed." She blushed at his comment. "Maybe we were always meant to be together," She murmured in agreement. "Like destiny. Centaurs have mates too, the bond just isn't as evident as, say, a werewolf's. It's more subtle."

~

"I'm sorry," Hades said apologetically, squeezing Lian's hand and silently enjoying her soft, gentle touch against his hands. "I didn't mean to scare you. If we ever meet one, I will die before it'll touch you. And at that point, it will lose interest," He said with the faintest ghost of a smile, which turned into a full smile at her admission, warmth filling his body. "I'm glad I didn't scare you too much. It wasn't my intention, naturally." His wings furled, curling around her and bringing her against his chest, holding her gently in place. He kissed her forehead and looked down at her, eyes warm. "So you're afraid of thunderstorms? Don't worry, they can't scare you when I'm around," He teased lightly.

~

"You should have said something, Gala. I would have been more than happy to wait," Damien teased, watching as she began to strip on the way to the bathroom before disappearing as she shut the door. "Wasted opportunity," He sighed regretfully to himself, dropping the clothes in the hamper and climbing into bed. He chuckled, wrapping his arms around her once she had crawled into bed. "If you wanted to smell like me, you could have just asked," He murmured, leaning close and kissing her softly, cautious in case she wanted to pull away.

"You know those pictures of cell service and there's always a blank spot in the mountains of Montana? Something off the grid that we can't be easily found, elevated, cats like higher ground and I don't mind the winters there. There's a spot I know well. Mom used to take me out there. It has a old log cabin, and a foundation for a house. I thought it'd be a good spot. Hard to access, but I know the lay of the land. Apparently it was grandma and her hiding place when grandpa got a bit... Overbearing. It has all the pipe work and land lines set up, electricity and water so everything is there, we just need to design and build the house. It could be as big as you want it. It was originally supposed to be a pack house but apparently they found a better spot in Alaska. That's where I was trained. " He explained

Grinning at her comment on a uniform he kissed her, tail wagging. "And I'll have real handcuffs darlin'. " He giggled and wiggled his brow. "I said that because I'm weary about sleeping on the bed hints, the sleeping bag. And... um.... I kinda turned in my key and came here so .. I'm homeless at the moment. I'll pay for the hotel room until we find a place. Okay?" He said kissing her again.

-------

((What if the wolf kin they see comments on their auras? Hunter said he's never seen two that looks so close to each other then craven's and Luna's. ))

Craven smiled slightly and continued to brush her hair, even when it was entirely smooth and silky. "I don't like the smell of stain, and it's bad for the environment if it gets on grass, and it can't be washed of easily. I make my own natural stain though from sap or berries, and cover it with a water and mold resistant paint. Does that sound good?" He asked before taking up a different brush and brushing out her coat than her tail until that was smooth too. He cleaned the tail brush and set the strands of hair in a box that he takes to a music shop to sell it. "I believe so. That us being together is Destiny."

-----

Lian made a tiny 'eep' sound as she was suddenly lifted from the ground and wrapped up in a leathery fold of his wing against his chest. Her cheeks where pink and she started to pluck at the sleeves of her kimono. "T-they are loud. And make my body hurt for some reason. Apparently every lark is sensitive to different weather patterns. I could tell a thunderstorm is coming by my bones aching. It's worsens as it gets closer. "She said softly having stopped plucking at her robe and started drawing swirl patterns on the bit of wing closest to her.

----

Galadriel pulled opened the hood and kissed his nose wiggling closer. "I didn't say anything because I didn't want to embarrass Tucker. And I always want to smell like you. It's so nice and manly I can't get enough of it. I love the smell of the sea. Always have. It's one of those things that drew me to you." She hummed trailing soft kisses down his throat. "I'm sorry I was emotional today. Hormones are wacky. I'm really really happy that you asked me to be your wife. And I was thrilled seeing that dress again today. I thought it was gone forever.... "

"I know exactly what you're talking about," Brienna said with a hum. "And it sounds incredible. I didn't realize you already have land. You never mentioned it." She smiled, looking sleepy, and returned his kiss. "Handcuffs, huh?" She echoed, smirking. "Now that's something to think about. Not like you couldn't get your hands on a pair now if you really wanted to."

She blinked in surprise, looking confused. "When did you do that? Not that I mind, I'm just wondering why you didn't tell me," She said softly.

~

((Sounds good. I have another idea related to York but I'll pm it later))

"Yes, that's fine - it's what I was referring to anyways. Manufactured stain smells awful too." Luna sighed as Craven combed her coat and tail. "Thanks. I was going to do that later. You want me to do yours?" She gestured questioningly towards the brushes. "Well, not your hair, obviously, but your coat and tail." She blushed and looked away at his agreement​. "Yeah," She said quietly. "Anyways, do you have any idea what gender the baby will be? I kinda want a girl, but I'll be just as happy with a boy as long as it's healthy," She told him.

~

"They are rather loud," Hades agreed. "I've flown in one once, though it wasn't by choice - it was the most terrifying and exhilarating thing I've ever done," He told her, muscles relaxing as her fingers drew gentle swirls against his wing. "You let me know the next time one is coming. I make a good heating pad," He said, twisting a finger around a stray strand her hair. "You seem so surprised whenever​ I touch you. You know I won't do anything you're not comfortable with, right?" He asked gently.

~

Damien chuckled, wrapping a hand around Galadriel's midsection and pulling her closer to his chest. "Next time, then," He said, chuckling and tipping his head upwards as she trailed kisses down his throat. "It's alright, I understand. You can't control it." He murmured, kissing her hair. "Though it is good to have that confirmation," He admitted with a smile. "Now, go to sleep. You and baby need your rest. Not to mention me!" He said teasingly, kissing her once more before settling into a slightly more comfortable position. He was asleep within​ a few minutes, drinking in Galadriel's scent and dropping off into oblivion.

"Before I came here." He said "I can get handcuffs if you really want to." He chuckled and kissed her deeply. "You are mine after all. Man it's cold.." He snuggled up against her. "I love you."

-----

"I really don't care, as long as it's healthy and strong. " He said handing her a brush. "Yes you can if you want dear. " He laid down and relaxed. "Sore... it's been a long day..."

----

"I-I know. It's just..... I've never dated or seen a man in that way before. Papa was always protective of me. So... it's just so... new. I don't know how to react." She said shyly peeking at him through her lashes. "You are very warm...."

-----

Galadriel remained awake for a little bit longer, watching his face relax as he fell into a deep sleep. "Goodnight my love." She whispers and shifted a little, tucking her head under his chin and quickly dropped off into sleep.

((Skip?))

~TS to early March~

Early Afternoon (2ish)

-:-

Brienna sighed, tapping the end of her pen against her notebook. Her client was in the bathroom doing who knows what and all she wanted to do was go back home. Finally, she heard the toilet flush and the sink run before her client, a plump and ruddy-faced man by the name of Mr. Stein, emerged from the bathroom.

"Sorry," He said apologetically. "No toilet paper."

"Right..." Brienna said slowly, knowing full well she had replaced the roll that morning. "Anyways, where were we?"

"We were talking about my phobias," Stein said, scratching his arm. "I think I've become less germaphobic since we started."

"That's good," Brienna prompted. "How so?" The rest of the session continued in a similar manner until she finally left the practice, waving to the receptionist as she went. She was one of the four psychologists that worked there and was by far the youngest. She walked the relatively short distance to the apartment she and Hunter had found a few months before in a safer part of town. It wasn't large, but it did nicely for the time being. She wondered if he would be home - he tended to work odd hours due to his particular line of business, not that she particularly minded as long as he didn't track blood into the house. "Hunter, you home?" She called in as she swung open the door to the apartment and hung her light windbreaker up.

~

Luna was eight months along now, which was quite evident due to her swollen midsection, which had grown considerably in the past months. She and Craven still hadn't found out the gender of the baby, due to the fierce winter storms that had swept through and kept them in for quite some time. However, the day had dawned cool but lacked the sting of winter air, and Luna sat in the warmth of the sun, busy knitting out a unisex baby blanket. She had decided to wait to knit the clothes but needed something to keep her busy now that she rarely left the valley. She had started some work on the mobile she planned, but was still waiting to find out the foal's gender before devoting work to it. "Craven," She called. "We should go out today or tomorrow to find out the foal's gender before a freak snowstorm hits." There was a joking tone to her voice but the statement wasn't too far off the mark. "And you can't make me stay in for this - I'm the one carrying the foal!" She knew it was perfectly natural for male centaurs to be ridiculously overprotective of their pregnant mare, she just thought that it was being exaggerated. She didn't want to go far anyways, but his overprotectiveness could be a bit ridiculous at times.

~

Hades finished typing the report he had for the serial killer that had recently been captured, partly thanks to his vigilante recon, and no thanks to Damien, who was apparently busy with a different project and didn't know about any serial killer among his ranks of criminals. He had, of course, warned Lian and her father, but after a two-week long bloody rampage the criminal had been caught. Once he finished the report, the chief had said he was free to go because he deserved the break. Standing, Hades went and changed out of his uniform and gestured to the chief that he was heading out before walking out of the headquarters, springing into the air once the sidewalk was clear of pedestrians. He flew, not towards home, but to where Lian was currently staying, landing on the balcony outside her room and knocking lightly on the glass door.

~

After Christmas, Damien had been working non-stop with Mouse to take down the ring, strategizing alongside Brentwood and Waylond for a good plan of attack that he hoped to execute within the next month. He planned on getting in touch with both Dire and Hades, both who he knew loathed such things as much as he did and would thus be willing to help - though Dire, of course, would need a downpayment. Things had been calm around the house, and he had watched as Galadriel's tummy grew in expectation of the little siren she would be having in several month's time. He had just arrived home, cutting the engine and climbing out of the car, unlocking the front door and walking inside. "Gala, I'm home!" He called, wondering where his lovely fiancee was inside his large home. He dropped his keys in the drawer, draped his selkie skin over a chair, and opened the fridge, grabbing a soda and popping open the tab. Leaning against the countertop, he rolled up his button-up's sleeves and took a swig of his drink.

((Tried to keep the godmodding/powerplay to a minimum but it's difficult considering how big of a TS it was))

((It's quite alright. smile.gif sorry if I am late in reply, got distracted drawing.))

Hunter left a note on the dry erase board that he wrote his current cell number on at times. Every two weeks he switched burner cells to avoid being tracked. Today the board read his current number and I'll be late for dinner tonight, don't wait up, stakeout. was written in his neat cursive along with. You know where Fang is Fang was the name of his six shooter nine mil he kept hidden in a false bottom of his bedside table drawer. He insisted on her getting a concealed weapons permit, but the stubborn woman was certain that her form would frighten everyone away So instead of having her carry a weapon around, he took her to the shooting range every week and kept in the small apartment his favorite gun at her disposal "just in case" he'd say.

At that moment he was crouched on top of a storehouse building, waiting for his target to show up. He's been tracking the guy for seven weeks now. He was approached by a retired cop friend who was concerned about a man living down the street. As it turned out in his investigation, the man was a white supremacist supporter and had slowly stockpiled ammo claiming it was for hunting although hunting season was nearly over for humans. He reported him to the police repeatedly, however nothing stuck, and he never stuck around to show his face either. The man was planning something for tonight, he could see it in his agitated aura. Something worse then killing bambi. He wasn't going to let this man hurt anyone and has already given him warnings, however those seemed to have solidified his resolve.

----

"I sure can make you say! A wolfkin is mobile, I can bring them here. Your ankles are swollen and can easily be twisted on uneven ground." He said looking up from his building the crib. He was carving a post at the moment. "It's hard for you to walk around already, you'll be practically immobile with a sprained ankle..." He said putting down his things and went over to her laying down beside her and starting to rub her ankles and legs like he has been doing every night for the past three months. "I'll go out tomorrow and get more yarn and the wolf kin then come back for your evaluation okay my love?" He said gently folding his wing across her back.

-----

Lian was sewing a design in a bit of silk when the tap came. She got up and opened the door for him. This kinda became routine for them. She enjoyed the flights he took her on, begging for him to take her on more flights. She waved him in and got some biscuits and tea. "How was your day today Hades?" She asked softly handing him a cup.

---

Due to Damian's obsession with the ring, the appointment for the ultrasound went further and further away. She trained the kids for a while until her belly swelled then stepped down to let someone else train them. So, the woman turned to getting her high school diploma, then enrolled to online classes to get her degree in teaching. She'll be an art teacher, or math teacher that could work from fifth grade to junior year of high school.

When he walked in, she was emerging from the office eating yet another strange concoction of food. "Hey honey! How was work? Stressful?" She asked softly.