Polar

Adventures in Fantasyland

"Oh, I made a bet with her on when you'll come. Lian was taken away by the head man. We girls call him mammoth. He has a secret place around here where the tiny Asian ones go and are never seen again. I bet he's there or looking for the place. It would have been much worse, I could have gotten to them. She was merciful. " Gladriel said and turned to walk out to the entrance. She frowned at a door that was locked and took a gun from Damien's belt waddling over and unlocking it with a key that hung on the wall next to the door. She threw it open and fired into the space. Two thuds sounded, she stepped back as a bear fell at her feet. She squeezed off a few more rounds into the bear's head to make sure it was dead. She then spat on it. "Told you teddy you'll pay if you hurt my pup. Nobody hurts my kids and get away with it alive." She snorted and flashed Damien a grin. "All clear now, there's girls further down, let's get them shall we?" 

----

Hunter held her gingerly wincing when she grabbed his arm. "Stiches are chafing dear.... left the doc when I got the news, still a little sore..." he muttered and walked outside into the hallway with her blinking at the sight of a very pregnant woman with a gun grinning after shooting someone. "You sure yours doesn't kick a** too?" He asked Damien as the woman duck walked her way past them and down the hall still holding the weapon. 

---

((Their first official kiss! XD))

Lian was startled when he scooped her up and pressed his lips against hers. She flushed pink but returned the kiss with a just as passionate, although much calmer, with her own, fingers running through his hair. She responded in draconic to calm him further. "I know. I felt it, your anger, your worry. Only your hands may be placed on my skin. Only you can place your lips upon my own. Be still, be at peace knowing that my body and soul belongs to you. Let winter have it's grasp on the world, I would gladly stay in the underworld with you forever my dragon heart. Peace. Let our hearts beat as one..."  Her accent was still off but she got the words correct. She tucked her head under his and curled up against him, wrapping her legs around his waist and her arms around his shoulders. Her heart could be felt against his chest, although beating hard, it was gradually slowing as she calmed, hoping to soothe him this way. 

------

Craven leaned forward and kissed her deeply wrapping an arm and wing around her, fondly rubbing her belly. He broke the kiss after a minute or two, kissed her nose then laid down falling asleep almost immediately. 

((I'm sorryyyy I've had a ton of reading to do it's been horrible))

"Ah," Damien hummed in understanding. "Yes, well I'm sure with his skill set Hades will have no trouble tracking them down. If it weren't for the fact that I wish him dead, I'd almost feel sorry for him." He gave a snort. "Merciful, perhaps. I'd use efficient. If my guys could kill like her, wow..." He mumbled shaking his head. "How the empire would grow." He noticed that Galadriel's attention was drawn to a locked door beside the entrance. He cocked an eyebrow as she took the gun from his belt, unlocking the door and killing whoever was inside. Moments after she let off her two shots, a large bear fell at her feet. He smirked at her as she cheerfully emptied another few rounds into its head. Dire was there to witness the event, and Damien chuckled. "I think you're right, Dire. Gala can kick some serious behind well enough on her own. I'd hate to see her and Brienna working together, they'd be unstoppable." 

"Good thing we're just getting a spa treatment then huh?" Brienna quipped with a grin, wiping the remaining blood off her hands. "Man, now I'm gonna have to wash blood out of my hair. Gross."

Damien chuckled and nodded, following behind Galadriel. "Yes, I'm sure it's chaos down there right about now. Can't have my men killed by hysterical girls, that would just be embarrassing."

Brienna gave Hunter a bright smile, looking not at all phased by the events of earlier (or the fact that she had just killed two men). "I made a friend! Only took a kidnapping. Wonder what that says about me..." She mumbled, looking thoughtful. "I should probably go help, the other girls will probably be less frightened by me. Once we get back home, we're watching Netflix for the rest of the day so you don't make your arm worse. You really worry too much, Hunter," Brienna said, pecking a kiss against his lips before jogging after Damien and GG. "Wait for me, I want to help!"

~

Hades had calmed fully by the time Lian wrapped her legs around his waist, anger replaced by worry as he heard and felt her quick heartbeat, which gradually slowed back to its normal rhythm. He carried her out, rather than letting her walk, unwilling to release her from his grasp. His wings tucked beside him as he squeezed through the tunnel, a small ball of flame bobbing in front of him in order to lighten the path - not so that he wouldn't trip, but rather to reassure Lian of her safety. "I won't let anyone take you again," He murmured, though moments later his lips twitched upwards into a smile. "Your accent is still horrendous, though I appreciate your valiant effort, my queen." He pressed a kiss to her hair as he squeezed through the entrance to the secret tunnel. "It's quite a confusing journey back. Would you rather walk or be carried?" A large part of him was hoping she'd choose to be carried - her body against his own was both reassuring and completely distracting. His instincts as a dominant male, after his mate was threatened, was to of course prove just who his mate belonged to, and Lian's scent was heavenly against his nose. He resisted the urge to kiss her again, instead making his way down the tunnel back the way they had came, pace unhurried.

~

Craven's lips were warm and needy against Luna's, as he kissed her deeply, his free hand rubbing her pregnant belly protectively. Of course, mere moments after the kiss he fell asleep - still, she enjoyed it. Luna settled beside him, careful not to disturb him since he needed the rest. Pretty quickly she too dozed off, exhausted from the day's occurrences. But not before whispering "Good night, Ryu," To the little colt she and Craven would be welcoming into their family. 

Hunter gave her an impish grin. "After a shower first ice age queen. You smell like blood and men.. I'd rather you smell like me..." he would have winked if he had both eyes. He returned her peck and looked at the body in the cell his intended disposed of. "Only call me to track someone after this Damien." Hunter said jogging after them as Gladriel passed several cells stopping at ones with a girl in it. By the time he reached them she had already rescued two. "I'm going straight. No more killing. I don't want my wifey in on this lifestyle either, no matter how good she is at it. I want six kids and I'm not going to raise them to be assassins.  I'm going to work as a cop..." he fell silent as they reached a dead end and the sounds of a struggle came from the last cell that Gladriel was about to open.

Gladriel rescued two of her friends whom she tried to escape with but unfortunately they got caught. One was a werecat named Tina, another a silke called Sara. Both were clad in the same skimpy outfit GG was in when she got out. Only the silke had taken back her skin that was a white and grey pattern of a harbor seal. 

Gala yanked open the door, shooting inside hitting the man in the bear butt and when he sat up to howl in pain, the girl he had pinned bit his neck. She shoved him to the side and walked out of the room. She was a gorgeous slender white skinned woman who had nearly black eyes and even darker hair.  She bore fangs at them. "Lily, its me lil' fox. We're getting you out. You're free." Gladriel said softly touching the women's arm. "F-free... I've forgotten about that word.... it's been decades... I'm thirsty.... who are they?" She said looking at the two men. "One is my DJ I spoke a lot about. Come on... we need to get the others. Damien, Hon, leading the way back to the entrance, everyone is free here. Is the sun still up? Lily is a vampire, she can't be in the sun when she's weakened like this..." 

((Thinking about hooking her up with Damien trusted men, such as Strange or another that isn't already taken))

----

Lian refused to let go. "Don't wanna get down...." she says softly. She pushed the negative thoughts aside shoving her horror of the life she took down deep, solely focusing on his breathing, the strong steady beat of his heart, the heat of his body, the swaying movement as he walked, the firmness of his arms around her along with the smell of him. A rich, spicy musk that made naughty things flicker across her mind and made her tremble at the sheer... manliness of it. She ran her fingers along his horns, pressing a butterfly soft kiss just under his jaw. "Don't let me go. After this, fly me to your cave. I can call my dad on a cell phone. I don't want a single moment apart from you right now...." 

----

Craven woke up slightly, covered them with a blanket after kissing her belly, adjusting his body for minimal pain, and brushing back a strand of hair from her face. He fell asleep again, his head under hers, legs tangling around her and both arm and wing around her with the blanket covering them. 

Brienna laughed, sticking her tongue out at him as she helped Galadriel free the girls. "Boy who is going to be carrying those six kids of yours?" Brienna quipped. "I'll give you one guess, and it isn't you. Besides, do you know how much laundry six kids make? I'll have four, that's more manageable. Though knowing my luck I'd have two sets of triplets..."

"If that's what you want, Dire, then I'll respect it," Damien said with a nod. "You're good at what you do, but who am I to run your life? I'd go straight if I could, but it's a little late at this point. Just don't turn me in to the authorities, eh?" He chuckled, looking unconcerned. Damien's attention was pulled back to the present as Galadriel killed another ring member, freeing a girl with the alluring beauty that only belonged to a vampire. Her eyes were black, with hair even darker, and striking features. Damien had to snap at several of his men to stay back, knowing even though she just went through an ordeal they'd be more than happy to help her through it - something Damien wasn't willing to see them bicker over right now. He gave Lilly a comforting smile. "I'm Damien. You're free now, the rest of my men are clearing the other blocks as we speak of guards so you don't have to worry about the ring again - ever."  He pursed his lips. "No clue, it's probably set by now. I have someone who can help with your thirst, though." Damien gave a shrill whistle, quieting most of them. "Rook, get over here."

The red-headed djinn appeared basically from nowhere, melting out of the small crowd of girls and men with Strange shadowing behind him. "What can I do for ya', bossman?"

"Help Lilly out with whatever she needs," Damien said. "Weakened vampire."

"Happily," Rook said, shooting her a crooked grin. "Soren Rook, at your service. So you need blood, eh? I can get you anything that you -- ow!"

Damien had smacked him upside the head. "Just get her some blood, Rook."

"Right, right, sorry boss," Rook nodded. "What do you prefer. I know some vampires that have a taste for AB-," A bag of blood appeared in one hand, "Others prefer O+." Another appeared in his hands. "As and you shall receive, for I can grant all the wishes of your wildest dreams."

Damien rolled his eyes at Rook's theatrics. "Right now, I'm pretty sure most of the girls want to get out."

"Yeah, yeah," Rook mumbled, shaking his head. "Such a buzzkill," He said to Lilly in a stage whisper.

"I heard that," Damien said, opting to ignore Rook for the time being. Lilly was in good hands, he knew at the very least Rook wouldn't try anything. Strange wouldn't either, but when it came down to it Rook was more powerful. "Alright, let's get you ladies out of here. This way. Strange, go see how the rest of the men are doing."

"Sure thing boss," Strange said, jogging off down the hall. 

"I'm glad we're able to get them all out," Brienna murmured to Hunter, passing between the girls and offering them encouragement and making sure they were unharmed (and helping those who weren't).

~

Hades simply nodded, secretly pleased that he got to feel Lian's body pressed against his for a while longer. He was relieved as Lian started smelling less of fear, signalling that she was calming down. Her fingers ran across his horns, causing him to shudder at her light touch. And her kissing his jaw certainly wasn't helping him to deny his instincts. He was surprised that she wanted to go back to his home, thinking she would want her father, but he was more than happy to oblige. "Of course, princess. Whatever makes you feel safe." He carried her out, nodding at Damien when he caught the mob boss' eye but not bothering to say goodbye, making sure he was holding Lian tightly before taking off, flying towards his cave. It only took him around five minutes to get there, and he swooped inside before setting her down. It was small, most of the objects requiring electricity enchanted. There was a bed, a kitchen, a table, a dresser, and a room that led off into the bathroom. A stand held a HD TV, not very big but large enough to suit his needs. It was also covered in shiny things, especially gems, which were littered around various open surfaces. "It's no penthouse, but it's cozy," Hades grunted. "I don't spend much time here, which is why it's so bare. There is cell reception out here, though, so you can call your dad," He told her. Hades worked on taking off his uniform, slipping out of his shirt with practiced ease and putting it away, not bothering to put on another shirt as he wasn't planning on going anywhere else. "Make yourself comfortable, I'll be right back." He shot her a smile and slipped into his bathroom to change into a pair of sweatpants, folding his workpants and putting them too away.

Lily spat out the blood she had swallowed earlier. "K. Pigs blood is K. It's the only thing I've been drinking for 225 years and human blood tastes fowl compared to a pigs. Not as healthy as human blood, but at least I know where it's been and what's inside of it. Ugh, that man must've taken speed or some drug..... then again, I haven't tasted anything other than those men and pigs blood so if those are pure samples.... I prefer A+ blood... if I remember correctly from my first taste of blood... " Lily said as they headed outside, Gladriel draping a blanket over her and the other girls so they were somewhat modest. "Anything of my wildest dreams..." she said wistfully looking at her friend's belly. "Who's baby?" She asked. "Ex chief of police. Dj took care of him. It's a girl.. gonna call her Jupiter Jones." Replied the siren, however she looked concerned as tears started running from the vampire's eyes. "I'm free.... finally free after two hundred and thirty four years from being forced to wed a man for land and wealth, being transformed by that man and held by countless others after him, I'm free... and the only thing I want is a child. My worthless blood sucking husband-may he burn forever in Hell- mutilated me so I couldn't have any...... when your child is born Fox, could I babysit? Any time you want... " Lilly sobbed into her shoulder.

"Of course dear. Damien has four children already... you're welcome to come see them any time. Hush dear... " Gladriel started to sing the lullaby softly to her, although being a siren it was enchanting to the men. 

Hunter wasn't affected however as he took off his shirt and offered it to a young werewolf and started unstrapping the Kevlar. "Yeah, or three sets of twins. I know how much laundry that is, and I don't mind doing it all. Heck, I go through that many clothes in two days if I have a job. Blood sucks getting out of clothes. And I always end up with bullet holes or a tare in them. " he said discarding the vest and checking his stitches. A girl yelped and ran behind Strange, the tiny witch with purple hair peeked out from behind the worlock. "A Dire.... I know those markings, please... don't hurt me!" She squeaked. Hunter looked down at his tattoos and sighed. "Why would I rescue you just to hurt you?" She opened her mouth to respond but he cut her off. "No, dear, I'm not like my kin. I bare the name, but not the cruelty that comes with it. I vowed to never harm a lady, no matter the race, and I keep that vow. My mother gave her life to get me out of that path strewn with bones and bodies. I will honor that sacrifice. And my shrink would say it's for the best given my nightmares of late. " he pointed to Brienna with a crooked smile as he looked at his fiancee. 

-------

Lian called her father informing him of the events, although refusing to go home when he ordered her to, stating she'd stay with Hades and is completely safe with him, to which he begrudgingly agreed. The call was short and in that time he was changing into his sweats, she had shed her kimono and folded it, setting it on a chair. She was dressed in a simple white tank top and in black leggings that she had under the kimono. She looked smaller without her kimono on. She was indeed nearly flat chested, however her arms and legs looked more like a mixed martial arts fighter, the kind that fight in a cage for a belt too large for their waists. She was studying one of the shiny objects when he returned. "I see that the habit or hoarding anything that's pretty is a strong trait with you. I'll have to remember that..." she says with a giggle looking over at him. "I like that look better on you. You look more comfortable and relaxed..." she set down the object and crawled into his bed her face in a pillow. "I don't need a penthouse. This is perfect... it smells like you..." her voice was muffled by the cloth and stuffing. "I had a horrible day... the kidnapping was just the icing on the cake..." she grumbled and shivered. "Come here, there's no sheet in here besides you and I'm getting cold..."

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

"If you insist," Rook said, the previous blood bags disappearing as quick as they came as he followed her out, K blood appearing in his hands. "Or A+? Sure, I can do that too. I could do dragon blood if you asked, really, but I've been told it's like eating a rotten corpse..." He grimaced, A+ blood appearing in his other hand. "Of course, they're pure samples. I'm not getting them from anyone, I'm pulling them from nothing. Easier than it sounds, at least when you're a djinn."

"Your self confidence is absolutely sickening, Rook," Waylond said with a snort as he passed, arms loaded with water bottles which he was passing out to the girls.

Rook looked absolutely panicked when Lilly started crying, sending GG a look which said he obviously had no idea how to handle a crying woman and that she had better keep handling it. Of course, Galadriel started singing a lullaby, and Rook had to pinch himself before he had enough willpower to summon some earbuds, vanishing the blood in favor of pushing them in his ears to effectively block the sound. All the men started to look disoriented, before walking as if drawn to Galadriel - Damien excluded, as he seemed immune to her siren powers. Rolling his eyes, Rook snapped his fingers, earbuds appearing in the ears of all the men affected to prevent them from falling under Galadriel's enchantment. He also summoned a megaphone, tossing it to Damien who took it gratefully. "Alright men, let's get the girls loaded up in our vehicles so we can take them back home! Ladies, we'll stay in a hotel for the night and I'll make arrangements for you all to be taken to your homes in the morning. If you don't have any where to return to, talk to me, and I can help you get back on your feet."

Brienna chuckled. "Fair point. She wrapped a blanket around a young human girl, who looked to be only 16 or 17, and nudged her in the direction of the entrance. "This way, sweetie, we'll get you back to your parents soon." The girl walked off, looking shocked and scared, as Strange reappeared, arms also full of water bottles just like Waylond's was. He glanced curiously as a purple-haired witch scampered behind him, standing awkwardly as the girl used him as a human shield. Brienna snickered and he shot her a glare and Hunter calmed the girl down. Brienna glanced at Hunter as he referenced her, giving him a deadpan look. "If you don't quit calling me your shrink, there will be a couch calling your name tonight." She looked serious, though her lips were twitching upwards in amusement. "C'mon, dear, he won't hurt a fly. Water?" She grabbed one of the water bottles Strange was holding, causing him to lose his grip and drop them. He mumbled some choice words under his breath as he picked them up. "This way, did you know GG? She's up here with the rest of the girls. You'll be able to see your family and friends again soon." 

~

Hades chuckled at Lian's observation, giving her a slightly embarrassed smile. "Ha, yes. I like the way they shine in the light." He picked up a prism, watching entertainedly as it cast rainbows on to the ceiling and walls. Remembering he had company, he quickly put it back down, smiling slightly as she spoke. "Yes, well the sweats are much more comfortable. I go shirtless as much as possible, putting on a shirt with wings is a pain - enchanted clothing or not." Hades was pleased that she like his home, watching with a curious eye as she flopped on to his bed, burying her face in a pillow and mumbling about how horrible her day had been. "I'm sorry it's been so awful," He said, happily climbing in beside her, laying on his side and pulling her into his arms, a wing wrapping protectively around her. "Sleep now, my flower, you're safe. I'll be here when you wake up," He said, softly kissing her temple and resting his head on the other pillow. 

Gladriel stopped singing when the megaphone came out. "Is that really necessary? She sighed and handed Lily a tissue and turned to took snapping her fingers. "A+ blood, genie boy! Lily needs her strength." She then went about consoling the women and helping them into vans, only about half knew GG but with her belly and a motherly air around her, the ones who didn't know her was comforted and complied with them. 

Hunter laughed. "I wouldn't want that my lovely Hell cat. " He said getting up and helping pick up the bottles dropped and helped the last of the girls in the vans. "I'm shocked to see so many auras similar to others.. including that purple haired witch Strange..." He grinned and got in a car.  The wolfkin yawned getting sleepy. "Man... I need a decent sleep...and a shower, and a cuddle with my love while watching the fourth season of voltron on Netflix." 

he muttered. 

----

Lian scooted closer to him and started talking about her day. "I went to the convention, the one with that so called expert at it to better help me understand what you go through with your mixed blood and all... the man should be thrown in a fire ant field covered in honey for his insolence and insults." She growled sounding similar to him. "The so called dragon kin "expert" at the conference insisted that the two types of dragons would never have an offspring together let alone Dragon kin of north and south dragons would tolerate each other long enough to have a child. Then he said if  that were to happen, their mate would certainly be something stronger then a tinny pathetic Chinese girl and definitely older then me.  Then he had added insult to injury by proceeding to ask for my ID publicly and calling me, in more elaborate terms, an ignorant child. If I wasn't so modest and ladylike, I would have shown that jerk my mark that proves I'm a dragonkin mate and proud as Hell of it!" She huffed. "Then that cop at the front desk insisted that you went on patrol with your partner when I stopped by to give you the lunch I helped make. I had cook put spicy orange chicken and a meat spring roll in it with barbecue pork and rice. She wouldn't let me in even though I knew you were still there. I could feel your impatience. I made my special lotus flower cookies for you too. That werewolf ate it, the pig." She nosed his neck. "I'm glad I'm with you now. I need my mate's comfort.... you eternally have my heart. "  She said the last bit in his language tenderly kissing his lips then his clavicle, relaxing in his arms. It wasn't long until she fell asleep. 

((Sorry this has taken so long! I need a break from my actual nano writing :ph34r:))

The megaphone vanished with a wave of Rook's hand, and the djinn grinned at Galadriel and a bag of A+ blood appeared in his hand. He offered it to Lilly. "A+ for the fair lady!" He said with a grin and a wink. "Just come find me once you're finished and I'll top you off!" With another impish grin he moved off, pulling water, food, blankets, and even clothes out of thin air for the girls. He found himself keeping an eye on Lilly though, passing several times and watching her out of the corner of his eye. She was enchanting, and Rook found himself put under her spell.

Stranged gave an interested hum. "Is that so? I'll just have to keep an eye on her then, won't I?"

Damien came to check on the two, and actually looked like he was going to agree. "There will be several girls that won't have homes to go back to. I'm not going to leave them out on the street, and I don't have enough homes to house them all, so some may end up staying with some of you."

"About that witch..." Strange hinted with a grin.

"We'll see, Strange," He said with a chuckle. "I came to tell you that it seems everyone is accounted for. I have Rook doing a last comb through the place, but it looks like it's cleared out."

"Good," Strange said approvingly.

Damien walked off with a nod to go find Galadriel, who he felt had been on her feet for far too long after such an ordeal. He found her still going through the small groups of girls that hadn't yet been loaded in buses. "Gala, love, it's been a long day. Don't you think you should sit down, maybe get some water and a bite to eat?"

~

Hades listened patiently as Lian ranted, knowing she needed to get it all out, before chuckling. "I wouldn't worry too much about the expert, my songbird. Dragon heritage and mate selection is rather complicated, I don't know anyone not of dragon blood that truly understands it. And for the food - I was actually about to go out on patrol, I'm sure by the time you arrived I would have been gone if Hallows hadn't stopped to use the restroom. Thank you for the thought, though." He happily returned her kiss, relishing the feeling of her lips on his skin before she snuggled closer, quickly dozing off. He too fell asleep quickly, her presence easing his worries as he dropped off to sleep.

Lily took the blood and greedily drank it, some faint color returning to her cheeks. She followed either Gladriel or Rook around, unsure what to do with herself. When nearly everyone was in the vans ready to go, she was standing at the edge of the forest, a thousand mile look in her eyes. She could have been a statue of marble and oynx clad in gold chains and small scraps of scarlet cloth. When offered a fourth bag of blood, she still didn't move. Then she blinked and slowly turned getting into a bus when told, face unreadable. 

Gladriel gave Damin a look. Her expression was the same gala 'dont tell me what to do' look, however her eyes flickered the colors of tarnished gold, sickly green, faded blue jeans, all faded and warn colors that said she was exhausted. She huffed, obviously trying to stay strong as she headed to a nearly empty vain collapsing inside. She slipped off her shoes from her swollen feet. Here out of sight of the rescued girls she rubbed her belly  with trembling hands protectivly as she silently cried, unable to stay strong. "Take me home... I want my babies! I want my little girls and handsome boys, and for you to burn this filthy place down.." She sobbed. "Then I want kettle corn and a snuggle with my mate... don't let them see me like this... please?" 

Hunter got the girls to get in the busses. "I can assist with finding their families. After all, I am the best at locating people." He offered. "My service would be free, these girls had enough with money exchanging hands. First of all, let's get them to a hotel. You think the visiting crime boss of the Golden Lung gang would allow them to stay at his hotel?" He asked one of the men, the boss mentioned was Lian's father.

((Alrighty, skipping to early June-ish, which is when Luna is supposed to have her foal))

It was now early June. The weather was significantly warmer, though it was still cool at night, and Luna was set to give birth any day now. She was huge, and rarely went much farther than to the pond and back. On this particular day, with the bright sun rising into the blue sky, she was nesting more than usual - moving various small objects in the room meant for the foal, rearranging the bedding in the now-finished cradle, and generally picking things up around the hut. At this point, she was quite ready for the foal to be born. Craven was ridiculously protective, which was normal, and Luna was looking forward to letting him redirect all of his paranoid attention on to Ryu. Around ten in the morning, amidst restless pacing and the likes, her water broke. Amidst complete panic, she alerted Craven. "Craven, my water just broke. It's happening, I can't believe it's happening."

~

It was one of Damien's rare days off. All the kids were at school, leaving him alone with Galadriel, who looked like she was about to burst. His little girl was due any day now, and he couldn't be more excited. He was there for Tucker's birth, along with Brentwood, but this was different. This was Gala. And even if he didn't show it, he was terrified. What happened if something went wrong? He couldn't lose her, not again. Waylond, whose wife had delivered several months previous, assured him that everything would be alright. "Galadriel is perfectly healthy, everything will be fine. She's strong, and so are you." Waylond's words didn't stop him from worrying, though. Damien was by the stove, making breakfast for the two of them. He did enjoy cooking, which was fortunate considering he had four children and Gala was in no shape to be bustling around a hot stove for any reason, at least in his mind.

~

Brienna had just finished a session with one of her regular patients, and considering she only worked until twelve on Friday, it was her last appointment. She had only had two that day anyway, both early, and she'd need to look over a few case files for a possible new patient over the weekend. Packing up her things, she left the building, excited to see Hunter should he be home. He was often in and out, but it didn't bother her much - once they managed to get enough money, they'd be moving to build their home somewhere nice and remote. They would settle down, have some children, and everything would be as it should. Unfortunately, Brienna's life was never that easy. Because, at that moment, she had the distinct feeling she was being followed. It was one of the times she wished she could turn into a housecat, making it easy for her to escape any unwanted attention, but at the very least being an apex predator meant she could decently take care of herself. She made it to outside the apartment before she was jumped, grabbed by the arms and poked with a serum that made it impossible for her to shift. Any witnesses were mysteriously absent, leaving her to struggle and shout until they hit her with a tranquilizer, and her world dissolved into darkness.

~

It had been two days, and already Hades was sick of his new partner. He never thought he'd miss Hallows, who had been moved to another department, but he did. Anyone, anyone, was better than the female dragonkin he had been paired with. She just wouldn't let up. She was a lot like him, in the respect that she was over half dragon, and he could smell her pheromones every time they were stuck in the patrol car together. It was enticing, but rather irritating, and Hades had made up his mind to go to the chief and beg for a different partner if he had to. And he was willing. She was driving him nuts, and the rule that partners should not be romantically involved did not seem to phase her. She was young and headstrong, fresh out of the academy, and Hades wondered if he could give her back and demand a refund. Namely Hallows. At least the imp didn't flirt with him. "Hi, Hades," His new partner purred, placing a scaled hand on his shoulder. Hades' tail twitched in annoyance, and he silently hoped Lian would arrive soon so he could take her to lunch and get out of this nightmare.

"Gray," He said curtly, referring to her last name instead of her first. The last thing he wanted to do was give her the wrong idea. "Don't you have a report to be working on?"

"It's finished," She said brightly. "Aren't you proud of me?"

Hades resisted the urge to tell her what he really thought, instead going with, "Well done. I'm still working on my own, so if you don't mind..."

"Oh, of course!" Gray nodded energetically. "Say, I was thinking... maybe we could go out to lunch. Get to know each other better, you know, outside of work."

Hades had to make an active effort to not accidentally ruin the keyboard. "Sorry, I've already got plans."

"Surely you can -"

"No," He said flatly. "My mate has been looking forward to it all day."

Gray's eyes narrowed, and Hades had the feeling she didn't believe that he had actually met his mate. "Right. Your mate. Raincheck, then?"

"Probably not." He hoped she took the hint and went away, but she lingered, hovering behind him and causing him to pull in his wings uncomfortably to avoid touching her any more than absolutely necessary.

"You look tense, Hades," Gray purred. Hades wondered if she would know he was rejecting her if it slapped her in the face. "Would you like a massage to loosen up your muscles?"

Craven was out picking vegetables when she called. He dropped the basket, snatched a bucket and raced to the pond for water scaring the chickens as he sped back, losing half the water he got. "Okay,okay! Just lay down and breath, I'm starting the water-" he said as he poured what was in the bucket into a pot and set it on the fire. "And have the cloths, blankets, herbs... " He listed snatching the things and helping her lay down, kneeling behind her. After a few deep breaths to calm himself, he began to coach her. "Deep breaths now, I'm right here with you a I've done this before so trust me my love..."  

-----

"Uhh... Dj? Turn the stove off. " Gladriel said easing herself from her office chair and shuffled to her slippers getting her coat and his. She was cold although it was a comfortable temperature outside. "Make sure it's all the way off. And please... oh! Oh dear, JJ hold on I'm trying to not have our house burn down or your daddy to drive like a maniac..." she winced breathing calmly and hoping that Damin wouldn't flip his lid as she shuffled to the stove, flipped it off and handed him his seal skin coat and the keys. "Grab the go baaaaaag!" She winced at a  contraction. "Hurry! She's ready now and already contracting about seven minutes apart!" She said heading for the door. "Help would be nice blubber butt!"

--------

Hunter may have a shape of a wolf, but he's really a big puppy dog. He had cleared his schedule for a seven month anniversary dinner. He had received her text about her leaving work and - having timed the distance it took to walk, bus, and drive to her work- was waiting patiently for her in a pair of leather pants, a button down shirt of her favorite color, a necktie she bought for his first job interview and a bouquet of flowers in his hands. As the minutes ticked closer to the time she should have been walking through the door, his tail began to wag like a dog delighted with his master's return. When no footsteps where heard by his straining ears, his blazing grin slowly turned into a worried frown, silently counting each second she was late. By fifteen minutes passed from the time she should arrive, he checked his phone, texted her and went back to looking at the door. Another five minutes with no response he called. When it went straight to voicemail, something crawled up his spine making him shiver. Something was horribly wrong. Without another thought, he grabbed as many weapons he can carry, his leather jacket and a burner phone shifting as soon as he exited the apartment building instantly getting her scent along with a couple others. Hunter startled a couple walking by when he snarled, snapping the air, eye going from ice blue to blood red like ink in water. 

-----

"You must be officer Grey. I'm afraid he only allows me, his mate to give him rubs." Spoke a familiar voice to Hades that has since perfected the draconic language. "Hello my king..." Lian hummed softly, she slipped between the tall female and her mate softly kissing the spot that once held a scar long healed from when he watched her spar at her home in China. "I got you a gift! It took me forever to find the perfect stone. You'll love the name too." She came around in a green dress, her hair woven like a crown, silver beads, and small purple flowers where also held her hair up in a queen worthy up do. Her dress was light green with lotus flowers sewn on. Low cut and revealed most of her back, which included her wings and mate mark tattoo. It wasn't something she'd usually wore, but after hearing her Hades complain about the new partner he was assigned and what she witnessed a few minutes before, she decided that the situation called for a more... reveling outfit. She might not be busty or tall like the female dragonkin, but it showed her hard earned muscles and the traditional tattoo that said she was a dragon's mate. "One of the girls made this as a thank you for helping her back on her feet. Do you like it? Very fitting for the queen of the underworld isn't it? " She asked spinning in a slow circle. "Most have jobs now, only a few still live in the hotel, and I've become friends with quite a few of them! Oh, yes your gift!" She waved to someone behind them and kai stepped forward with her bag. She reached in and pulled out a little silver stand for something setting it on his desk. Then she pulled out a cloth with something in it that could fit in one of Hades' hands yet two of her own. "This is called dragon's fire opal. It's polished and rounded into an egg shape. I know you collect stones. It might not be shinny, but it's beautiful. I went through so many stones. That's why I didn't allow you in my room the last few months. Stones everywhere. I believe you said dragons often search for the perfect gift for their mate, and what better gift for a dragon who's namesake is the king of the underworld and god of wealth?" She grinned as she set the cloth on his desk and unfolded it from the stone, carefully setting it on the stand. "Are you ready for lunch? I want to check out the spicy restaurant you mentioned a month ago that you went to with Hallows. " She smiled brightly tilting her head slightly letting the light hit her beads light spots shinning around the office. 

((Stand is included with the stone image))

((I have no idea how to write this so bear with me here. Just kinda jumped thru otherwise it would have been boring))

Luna took a little comfort in the fact that despite Craven's words, he looked about as nervous as she did. Her contractions were already pretty close together - there was one benefit to being a centaur, considering their births were usually much quicker than a human's. Still, it meant she got to receive agonizing amounts of pain, despite Craven's efforts to soothe it. Still, she did her best to follow Craven's breathing instructions, and all things considered he was doing a pretty good job. Still, it probably would have been nice to give birth in a hospital, with trained doctors, and painkillers. The minutes seemed to drip by like hours, pain forming a haze of near unawareness, her sole existence becoming a vicious cycle of pain and less pain through the long hour it took for her to give birth. At the end, though, it was all worth it. Slick with sweat, and dimly aware that the harshest of the pain had ceased, the loud wail of a newly-born infant shattered through the last haze and brought her back into reality. Luna smiled, spotting her baby boy for the first time. Baby Ryu had a thin dusting of dark hair on his head, and when he drew a breath for another wail he revealed a pair of pale green eyes, sharing the exact shade as Luna. Ryu's small horse half was a dark color that looked black in the flickering firelight. Ryu let out another cry, obviously displeased about the whole birthing ordeal. Luna had promised herself she wouldn't cry, but as she reached for her labor of love she couldn't stop the tears that stung in her eyes. "Welcome to the world, Ryu," She whispered.

~

"Hmm?" Damien hummed, turning in time to see Galadriel shuffling towards the closet. He quickly realized what was happening, turning off the stove and taking his coat from her, pulling it on as he bound up the stairs two at a time to grab the bag. He took the keys, grabbing a few towels as an afterthought (Just in case, he thought) and helped Galadriel out to the car. "Can't you like, hold it in?" He asked, before sighing. "Stupid question, forget I asked, I swear going 25 over won't get us a ticket with you in labor unless the cop wants to help deliver," He rambled, peeling out of the driveway and going much over the posted speed limit towards the hospital. "Deep breaths, just take deep breaths," He said, unsure of who he was talking to at this point. Sure he had been there for Tucker's birth, but this was different. He took her hand, saying "Squeeze if you need to, we're almost there, just hold on!"

~

Brienna's vision was fuzzy as she blinked in and out of consciousness. Van, parking lot, another van, hallway, room... Her eyes fluttered open, and harsh light caused stars to appear. She grimaced and shut her eyes tightly once more, trying to grasp some memory of what had happened. She had been heading home, then... something had happened. She couldn't remember. Her mind was still fuzzy. She knew there was something important she was forgetting, or someone... Hunter! The memory hit her like a slap in the face, and suddenly everything came flooding back. How she was drugged, and dragged away in a van.

"Good, you're up." There was the click of a pen, and Brienna tried to move, only to realize she was strapped down to a cold lab table, cuffs around her ankles, torso, and wrists. She was dressed in nothing more than a thin hospital gown, despite the chilly air of the room, and was hooked up to an IV. Probably more drugs to make sure she couldn't shift. Brienna was able to lift her head enough to see a man in a lab coat, probably in his late fifties, sitting cross legged in a chair. "Well, Miss Willis, you've caused some real problems for us. It is still Miss Willis, isn't it?" He flipped a few pages on his clipboard. "Yes, it seems you haven't quite married Mr. Dire yet. Cute ring, by the way. Very ironic."

"Who are you?" She demanded, quickly realizing there was no point in tugging against her restraints. "What do you want from me?"

"The first question isn't very relevant, though I suppose you may call me Dr. Brown. You know, the crazy scientist from Back to the Future?" He said, giving her a grin. He sighed when she didn't return it. "Fine, be like that. It's not my real name anyways, so I suppose I don't feel too insulted. And as for what I want... well, that's a bit more complicated. See, Brienna - can I call you that? - you've caused a great deal of trouble for us. See, you stole something from us, and it's not something we can..." He snapped his fingers, "Get back, just like that."

"What are you even talking about?" Brienna demanded. "I haven't stolen anything!"

"See, that's where you're wrong," Dr. Brown said. "See, a little over 24 years ago, we were doing some experiments. We were trying to see if we could reanimate a Saber Tooth Tiger just long enough to have a werecat be born with that form. Everything was all lined up, and do you know what happened? None of the embryos that we fertilized at the moment of reanimation turned into the legendary cat. We did over 500. 500! So we thought, okay, it failed. Then, imagine our surprise when little miss Brienna Willis shows up in the news. We lost a few years, but now our experiments can continue. And they all include - you guessed it - you!"

"Go to hell," Brienna spat.

"Oh, maybe later," He chuckled. "But for now, we just have so much to do!"

Brienna renewed her efforts against the straps, but her strength seemed to be taken along with her shifting. "You're dead!"

"Sorry, but no," He said. "You know, you seem a little grumpy. Maybe another nap will do you good." Ignoring her protests, he hooked a sedative to her IV line. "Nighty night, Brienna. Sleep well."

~

Hades nearly laughed out loud, both in amusement and relief, at Lian's words. He quickly smothered it with a (very) exaggerated and not extremely successful cough. "Hello, my lovely queen," He greeted, tail winding around to curl around her waist. "Gray, like I was saying earlier, this is my mate, Lian. Lian, this is my new partner, Gray." He offered Gray an almost gloating smile, and the female dragonkin looked both angry and embarrassed. "A gift?" He asked, day brightening. "You didn't have to." His eyes were drawn to Lian's outfit, which was much more revealing than usual, not that he minded. "Hmm, yes, I do like it," He hummed, the rumble in his chest closer to a possessive growl than anything else. A few of the other officers smirked as Gray whipped around and strode away. It was no secret the female dragonkin fancied him, and with the know-it-all Gray tended to be, this was the icing on the cake. "You look ravishing, my queen." His face spread into a grin as he saw Lian's gift. "It's beautiful, I love it," He said, eagerly taking it to get a closer look. "I'll take it home tonight," He told her, a silent signal for the other officers to keep an eye on it. None of them wanted an angry dragonkin on their hands, so someone would have to be fairly close to stupid to try and take it. "I'd love to go to lunch, I'm starving." He happily took her hand, leading her out of the station and shooting Gray a smirk on his way out. Once they were out of earshot, he gave her a light kiss. "Thank you, my songbird. Gray was driving me up the wall."

((It's okay. Btw, newborn horses can stand within minutes of their birth.  Oh and happy December to you too!))

Craven was just about to clean him when Luna pulled her new son- no.... their new son to her he couldn't stop the tears he had at the sight of his mate and son together, safe and secure. He helped Luna clean Ryu gently, spreading his wings around both of them. "There there little dragon...." He said softly drying the boy's flank. "You're safe little Ryu. Daddy's got you. No need to fear, I won't let anything happen to you.." He brushed the boy's cheek with his fingers before wrapping him up in a blanket. 

---

"What do you think I should do? Close my legs? Seven minutes apart means I won't be in labor for hours on end." She let go of his hand. "Ten and two, slow down before you run a red light and kill us before we get to the hospital!" She said smacking his arm. Out of the two, although she was about to give birth, she was the level headed one. Her breaths were deep and even. She was handling this like a pro even though it was her first. "To be honest, you're frightening me being irrational and panicked. I've been through worse pain. If I was half starved and weak, then you should panic. But I'm not, you made sure of that. Sirens could give birth under water, in a den, or in a blistering winter storm. In all the supernatural races, we have probably the lowest fatality rates from childbirth. I'm a fourteenth generation siren shifter. And I swear by my ancestors and my father, if you don't slow this car down - for you're endangering not only us, but other families on the road, I will take off this wedding ring and throw it out the window!" She winced after that crossing her legs.  Once they arrived at the hospital she had trouble getting up because of contractions and had to be carried in. 

She was then rushed to the birthing suite, a couple nurses tried to keep Damin out of the room as they attempted to administer pain killers. "Damn it to Hell, it's to late for that!" Gladriel snarled yanking an orderly down by the caller of his scrubs who was trying to insert the needle in her spine to numb the lower half. "And he stays! You! Get that ass over here now and take my hand, I'm not doing this without you!" She said getting angrier the closer the contractions got, now at about two minutes apart. She was going to be ready to push at any minute now.

----

Hunter ran through the streets in a red haze. Within the haze, auras became clear, his nose sharper as he was frothing at the mouth more and more as each mile he travelled. He followed the aura of the van, ghostly silhouettes of the van's occupants lead his way to a parking lot. Nearly empty save for a van. The haze deepened as the images played out in his mind's eye of the switch that took place, however this time the driver left the window up, so the vapor like aura had been cut off. With a unearthly howl, he charged at the empty van. He rammed it, crumpling the passenger side flipping it on it's on the driver side. He stepped back and sat, attempting to clear his head. Wrath was common for his particular family. Those who have tasted pure, animalistic range had permanent red eyes and who's wolf from grew in size to a puma or a black bear.  Hunter didn't want that, nor the strength that came with it. 

Once his head was mostly clear he shifted, pulled out the burner and called someone he swore he'd never get into contact again....... his mother's pack... and his cousin who ran it now that his father and grandfather was killed. 

------

Lian blushed as his tail wound around her and he let a protective growl bubble in his chest. "Well, I wouldn't say ravishing really... enchanting maybe, but.... then again, Hades did  carry off Persephone, and that's part of the definition of ravish among other things less.... applicable to the situation but I digress." She said meeting him halfway so he didn't have to lean down so far just to kiss her. "I heard the whole thing, and to be honest, she was getting my feathers ruffled. If I could smell the lust from her, it must drive you bonkers with her tracking your shadow! Oh my, did you get into a scuffle? You're missing three scales from your tail." She said, her fingers absent mindedly tracing the smooth body armor on the appendage. "You had precisely 1,206 scales on the length your tail you wrap around me, but now... of dear it feels like ten are missing now... what happened?" She looked at him concerned. "Are you shedding? Did someone step on your tail? "

((I am making good on my promise lol

Also about the horse thing I always imagined that their horse half is roughly equivalent to their human baby half size-wise so even though newborn horses can, centaurs cannot since you have the human parts that make it smaller. Honestly they really develop like human babies imo))

Luna helped Craven gently pat Ryu dry, the little colt starting to quiet as he was bundled in a blanket and pulled into Luna's chest. "He's so beautiful," Luna whispered, pressing a featherlight kiss to Ryu's forehead. The boy whimpered, eyes drifting shut. Fairly soon he was sound asleep, drooling slightly. Luna herself was tired after giving birth, but was unwilling to hand Ryu off to Craven to get some rest quite yet. She knew he would need to be fed at some point, even though he was asleep against her breast right now. "You're going to be a great dad, Craven," Luna murmured, tearing her gaze away from Ryu to meet Craven's happy gaze. 

~

Damien nodded, deciding to follow Galadriel's orders as he knew she would not hesitate to make good on her threat. They made it to the hospital before she gave birth, though she had to be carried in since she could no longer walk. The nurses tried to keep him back, though the combination of his shouting and Galadriel's he was permitted back, darting to Gala's side. "I'm here, love!" He said, taking her hand and knowing full well that it would probably be crushed after this. "Deep breaths, just keep breathing." Whether or not he was talking to her or himself was up for debate. "JJ is on her way, looks like she's impatient, just like her momma!"

~

Brienna woke up again, this time somewhere else. She was in something that, if she didn't know better, looked like a fighting cage. "Your strength must be tested," A speaker tuned in from overhead. "On the starting block - a male grizzly!" A door at the far end of the room opened, and a male grizzly that was clearly not a shifter bounded in, roaring angrily. Brienna hoped that she could shift, rolled her shoulders. Her form shifted, rippling into her massive saber tooth form. She roared a challenge, soon locked in a life-or-death battle with the massive beast. She avoided the swiping claws, pulling her own down his flank and splitting open a nasty gash. The grizzly snarled in pain, claws ripping down her shoulder before she could dodge. Pain exploded in her shoulder, which she did her best to ignore, instead slamming her whole weight on the bear, jaws closing around his neck so hard it snapped, the beast instantly going limp in her grasp. Spitting out blood, she stepped away, watching the door through narrowed eyes and not changing back into her human form. "Well done, you're obviously a powerful beast," Doc Brown's voice said over the speaker. "Let's give you something a little more difficult, eh?" The door opened again, a massive lion springing out this time. Brienna wasn't sure if she could pull off what she did with the grizzly, but not fighting meant certain death. The two massive cats circled each other, eyes sharp. The lion snarled, and Brienna did the same, allowing the hair on the back of her neck to rise threateningly. The lion pounced without warning, and Brienna had to roll on her bad shoulder to avoid it, scrabbling to her feet and flinging herself on to the lion, centimeters away from its snapping jaws. Her claws dug into the lion's fur, and her teeth sunk into its soft neck by complete accident, severing veins and arteries. The lion bled out within seconds, and Brienna limped back. "Looking a little worse for wear there, Brienna! Shift back and we'll stitch you up, how does that sound?" Brienna snarled, stuck between a rock and a hard place. There was no promise that she would be able to shift back into her powerful cat form after shifting back, but at the same time, refusing medical attention would mean more fighting, and she wasn't sure how much more of that she could survive. Her shoulder was bleeding heavily, along with a gash on her side from the lion. She made her decision, form shrinking back to her human form. "Good girl." A needle hit her neck, and she pulled it back in time to see a tranquilizer before her world faded once more and she toppled to the ground.

~

"You have no idea, my little bird," Hades hummed. "Gray was driving me nuts. Hopefully she'll back off now, after seeing I wasn't lying about you being my mate." He let his lips linger on hers for several moments before pulling away. Her fingers traced down his tail, causing him to give a barely perceptible shiver at the gentle, unexpected touch. "Are there scales missing? I guess it's around that time. Every couple years or so I shed my old scales, and new ones grow in. It's completely normal, just slightly itchy. They'll grow back in a day or so." His eyes skimmed his tail before he tapped a scale with a clawed finger. "That's a new one, nice and shiny." True enough, the new scale was much shinier than the older ones. "I didn't even realize I had started shedding my scales until you pointed it out. This is going to be a fun few days, the whole ordeal is always a pain - not literally, of course, but it's like a constant itch. I'll probably have to take off work, though there's not much love lost there, especially considering I'd be stuck with Gray otherwise." He pressed a gentle kiss to her forehead. "Now, shall we go to lunch?"

Craven met hers, tears streaming down his cheeks. "And you'll be a wonderful mother." He said softly pressing a kiss to her cheek and getting up moving around her carefully and laid down so she could rest her head on his side and still be capable of holding her newborn baby. "I'm here, sleep my love. You did wonderful. He's a healthy baby boy. You need some sleep. I'll wake you when he starts to fuss."

---

Gladriel laughed. "Two sirens, a mermaid an' a changeling, boy you're surrounded by girls who could raise a whole lotta hell." She said as the pain grew closer. She indeed gripped his hand hard enough to turn his fingers purple during the two agonizing hours it took to give birth. The baby however wasn't crying. Gladriel frowned as they took the baby away before showing her daughter. "What's wrong? What's wrong with my baby? " She said trying to get up. 

"Ma'am please, lay down, it looked like the umbilical cord wrapped around her leg. No need to worry, we just need to get her cleaned up miss." the nurse said. 

"Don't...Don't worry?! My child should be crying and I should be holding her now, what the Hell is wrong with my baby? Let me see her!" She demanded. She got out of bed and was shoving the nurse when the doctor came in with the baby wrapped up in a blue blanket. "A beautiful siren though, they often don't cry during birth. The cord was tangled around her and we had to clean her before it got too knotted around her. We ran out of pink blankets. Sorry for the confusion..." she handed the bundle of joy to Gladriel who backed up to the bed sitting on it. "My baby..." The child had a full head of hair the color of fire, skin pale and lips as lush and red as her mother's. Her eyes where a pale violet with gold flecks in them. She looked up at her parents in wide wonder, long eyelashes blinking in the harsh light. "Welcome Jupiter Jones Johnson." Gladriel smiled at the baby who wiggled her chubby hands in the air.

---

A nurse gave her something to wake her up and started undoing her restraints. "Not much time, I got to get you out to safety before-" an alarm blared, the brunette woman turned to the camera in the room and swore, red eyes fixing on Breanna again. "I disabled that thing so the only reason for the alarm would be if he's here!"  She looked panicked as shouts and running sounded in the hallway outside. 

They spotted him. Hunter didn't care though, he found the facility and was walking right up to the front door. The guards at the gate where dealt with by his pack who wisely gave him a wide berth. He stopped twenty feet from the door. "Listen up! I know she's in here, and you know all about me! Don't even try to shoot me with-" a dart sprang from his shoulder with a red end to it. He pulled it out and sighed. "I am an assassin. You really think a little tranquilizer would stop me? I'm immune so don't waist your ammo. " three more appeared on his body. His eye twitched, blue darkening and turning red. "Give her to me now, and I walk away with her so nobody has to get hurt. I've ordered my pack to not kill your people-" two more popped up as he plucked out the others. "You're starting to piss me off! Give me my mate and I won't rip your little lab down brick by brick!"

----

Lian felt the new sensitive scale. "Indeed, it's lovely, and I can help with getting the ones you can't reach. I imagine it is itchy, after all you are growing a new skin. Can we fly there? It's been so long and I want to fly again. It's a beautiful day for it too..." She said with a smile wrapping her arms around him batting her eyelashes. "Does that mean you are still growing? I don't know what I would do if you get any taller, it is a good thing I'm good at climbing. I might have to do that if you kept dwarfing me. "

((TORTURE INCOMING sorry i've been working on stranger things fanfiction))

"Thank you Craven," Luna said softly, cuddling her sleeping son close to her chest. She moved carefully to lean against Craven, getting comfortable and falling asleep within moments.

~

"Yeah, no kidd- OW!" Damien gave a definitely un-manly squeal as Galadriel all but crushed his fingers. The two hours it took for her to give birth probably felt more like two days for all involved. Damien was understandably concerned when JJ wasn't crying. He had only witnessed Tucker's birth, but he knew that babies were supposed to cry. "Gala, just breath, I'm sure the doctors know what their doing," He said, trying to keep his voice calm. The doctor reentered, explaining exactly what was going on (and why JJ was in a blue blanket) and Damien relaxed. Nothing was wrong, everything was normal. Damien sat back down beside Gala, letting JJ take one of his fingers into her chubby hand. "Welcome to the world, princess. I've waited a long time for you."

~

Brienna was roused, drowsy and still unable to shift, but the loud alarm cleared the last fogs of drug-induced sleep from her mind. "I have way too many questions and not enough time to ask them," Brienna said, pushing herself off the bed and staggering towards the cabinet. "Right now I need some shifting serum." She rummaged through the cabinet, finding what she was looking for and grabbing a needle. Filling it, she stabbed herself in the arm before tossing it away. "Alright, let's go. I'm ready to kill something." She let the unknown woman with red eyes lead the way, and Brienna found her shifting ability had returned after a few minutes. It was difficult, and slightly painful, as the serum was still taking effect, but she was able to shift and that was what mattered. "Let's go." It seemed most of the guards had been drawn towards the entrance, and Brienna was able to pounce on many from behind. She let out a roar as her stitches broke open from her movement, blood oozing from the wound. "I'm not leaving until I find Doc Brown." She paused, realizing how ridiculous that sounded, and added, "The guy that did this to me. It's not his real name. The head scientist. Where can I find him?"

((oh idea what if she has to step in to prevent Hunter from killing the people that are on his side to and they have to fight and it's only when he's literally inches from killing her that he realizes that it's actually her? Just... ALL THE ANGST))

~

"Of course we can fly there. I haven't been able to fly with you for a while." Hades lifted her up with an arm so that she could wrap her arms around his waist. "I don't think I'll get any bigger. I may still be growing, but I shouldn't get much taller than this, so I don't think you have much to worry about," He chuckled, making sure she was securely wrapped around him before taking off into the sky, swooping around the city a few times before heading to their destination.

((ALL THE ANGST! 😈))

Craven allowed the two to sleep, quietly sewing the finishing touches on the blanket for the new baby.

-----

"Doctor, why don't baby siren shifters cry? I've never heard that before..." she asked watching as the girl's eyes started changing colors to a light blue then a deep brown as if trying to mimic Damien's eyes without being able to have the two different colors. JJ pulled her dad's finger to her gum lined mouth and started sucking on it with happy gurgle sounds.

"A siren's cry is like a song. When you sing you entrance people, but haven't you noticed when you get upset and start crying nearly everyone around tries to console you? " Gladriel shook her head. "I rarely cry unless I'm alone or around Damien, and he's immune to me singing." She explained. "Ah, well your race used to entrance humans to them, then seduce, or kill and eat them. They craved human flesh. However they stopped due to humans becoming more common and many has been entranced by humans themselves, falling in love and producing children. Adapting to this new way of life, that craving for long pig was bred out. They also left their children to families like chanelings do. The crying was necessary for the child's upbringing. More attention ment more nurturing for the child. However this practice stopped as well once sirens started keeping their children, so their children no longer needed to cry to gain attention for the siren parent would definitely have their full attention. However she might cry if you have more than one child in the house..." He warned. 

Gladriel frowned slightly then started laughing. "So that's why daddy always smothered me! We do, but they are all older and would be marvelous brothers and sisters to the newest addition to our rag tag family.  Not only that but my fiance's lakies would definitely spoil her rotten like they already do to our kids. " She handed Jupiter over to Damien laying back down on the bed to rest. A nurse came over to fill out the birth certificate. With a yawn Galadriel told her the name of the child, her name as the mother and Damien's as the father. She then signed it before laying back against the pillows watching her child with her mate. "We need to set a wedding date. ..... I've felt worse than this... but I'm still tired. Would you feed her for me? I need some sleep..."

----

"I'll take you to him. There's a back way, we must go now! Cain will kill us all! " the woman said, fear flavoring the air around her as she impatiently tugged at the saber cat's fur in the other direction. 

Her roar in pain, plus the three other darts shot at him made him snap. "YOU WILL ALL BURN IN HELL!!!!" he roars. A visible aura swirled around him a deep red and midnight blue as his eye went to a bloody red glowing intensely like hell fire was burning behind it. His body was enveloped by the aura, turning dark moon purple exploding out to reveal a  black wolf the size of a Kodiak bear. His ear still had a hole in it, although it was tiny in this shape, his hallow socket glowed with red aura that seemed to leave a ghostly trail in the air as the wolf bobbed his head dodging the new volley of tranquilizers with amazing speed for something so large. It was as if he was fear and shadow itself. 

With three leaps, he closed the distance between him and the guards. With a snarl and a sickening crunch the white brick and walls of the entrance was painted red as the four men who where in front was slashed by his razor like claws.  The guards were dispatched quickly. "Run, run now! He's gone berserk!" The red eyed woman said pushing the cat away and transforming into a wolf the size of a mountain lion. Bravely she leaped at her alpha who swatted her away like a bothersome fly straight through the wall making it crumble. 

He then turned his eyes to Breanna seeing right through her.  Bone white fangs were exposed along with red gums giving him an appearance of a bloody mouth as if his size and aura alone wasn't intimidating enough. 

Rage was all that can be seen in his eyes. Hunter wasn't there anymore, he was replaced by a beast of rage and fear. "Cain!" Barked the she wolf shaking off plaster from her back and pounced on his side sinking her teeth at the back of his neck however his fur was so thick she barely scratched the skin. He shook her off and turned to her again when a dart appeared on his neck. Saliva frothed at his mouth when he looked passed the saber tooth to a man in a lab coat and a group of ten guards all lined up with guns ready. Some with darts, others with real bullets.  

((I'll let you play the doc! :) ))

--

Lian squealed in delight as they took to the skies. She was wrapped around him tightly laughing at the shocked faces of the office workers in the glass skyscrapers they passed along the way. "I love flying! Oh I wish I had wings to fly with you!" She shouted over the wind. 

Damien smiled as JJ sucked on his finger happily, listening as the doctor explained to them why baby sirens rarely cried. "Yeah, I don't think JJ will have much of anything to worry about. All the kiddos are so excited to meet her. You already have a fan club, princess," Damien said, taking JJ from Galadriel with a gentle look on his face. It was a rare expression for him, but it was easy to tell that the feared mob boss had a soft spot for children. "We can set it once you're back home, darling. Does that sound alright?" He proposed. "Just get some rest, I'll take care of my little deliquent in training," He said, taking a bottle of milk from one of the nurses. "Here you go, little one, there's a girl," He cooed, smiling as JJ latched on to the bottle and began to drink. "All that birthing stuff has got you hungry, huh? You wore your momma out, you know that? See, look at her, snoozing away." JJ blinked up at him, her eyes the same shade as his vivid blue one. "Guess it's just us for a while, huh?" He stood, rocking the infant slightly as he walked over to the window. "There's a great big dangerous world out there, J, but it's also breathtaking and incredible, and I'm going to make sure you love every second and never want for anything. I'll protect you and your momma for as long as I live." 

~

Brienna started trotting in the direction the woman was pulling her in, though it was too late. Hunter - or, at least Brienna was pretty sure it was Hunter - sprang through the door, furious and absolutely massive. He was slightly larger than her now, and he swatted away the woman that had freed her as if it was nothing. Brienna realized that the beast in front of her might have been Hunter, but it wasn't really Hunter. Berserk, Brienna realized, was an accurate term. If it came down to it, she'd have to fight him, but right now they had bigger problems - the scientists. 

"Brienna, Brienna, Brienna. Your mate, is... well. He's troublesome at best," Dr. Brown said, crossing his arms. "I mean, he's pure beast now, and from what I've heard... there's really no coming back from that." Brienna snarled in defiance, showing her rows of razor sharp teeth. "I mean, you had someone working on the inside. Brilliant, really, but now we just know better." She pawed the ground as a gesture of impatience. She was tired of talking, she just wanted to finish this. "Patience is a virtue, you know. I'll give you one chance. Surrender, and I won't kill your precious mate. You have three seconds. Two... and it's gone. Your loss. Take it away, men."

Brienna only missed the first volley of tranqs and bullets by a combination of reflexes and luck. She roared, springing on to the guards with three bounds and ripping two to shreds as several others shouted and dove out of the way. Her head rose, mouth stained red, and she locked eyes with the doctor. She had a feeling that Hunter was taking care of the other guards, if their screams were anything to go by, and Dr. Brown looked like he was regretting all the choices that led him to this point. Time had seemed to slow for a moment before Brienna snarled and pounced on the man, killing him effortlessly. Bodies were strewn everywhere, and she hoped that with all of them dead Hunter would return to his senses. Licking her chops, Brienna surveyed her mate warily, waiting to see what frame of mind he was in.

~

Hades laughed at Lian's excitement, banking upwards to glide over the rooves of the skyscrapers. "That would be fun, wouldn't it?" He said in reply, flipping so that he was flying with his back to the ground. It wasn't easy, but it was a trick he had perfected while he was a vigilante - it made it easier to stay in flight when fighting an enemy midair. He gave her a quick kiss before he angled them downwards, wind whooshing past as he descended. His wings flared out when they were only twenty feet from the ground and they shot back upwards once more, the street echoing with his laughter. "We're almost there!" He said, gliding through buildings. Eventually, he landed in front of a restaurant, hair completely ruffled and a smile on his lips as he set Lian down and offered her his arm. "Shall we, m'lady?"

Gladriel smiled sleepily, her eyes closed but she still heard every word. Spoiled little tyke she'd be. However, Gladriel also wanted her to know to not take things for granted. However she had a feeling that her views on raising her like her father did, and Damien's lavish lifestyle now wouldn't exactly coexist without some skirmishes. She lowered her bed to get to sleep better, watching the two from half lidded eyes before drifting off to sleep. 

---

Hunter indeed made quick work of the guards.  However it didn't stop there. Bleeding slightly from the multitude of tranquilizers and bullet wounds, the enraged wolf only rammed into walls and doors as it became clear he fully intended to raze the place to the ground. The sterile white walls where painted crimson as he bit, clawed, and slammed into concrete and plaster with no regard for himself or others. If he stepped on a body, that body would be unrecognizable within seconds. Unfortunately, Brienna was one of the objects in his way and he lunged at her, no recognition of who she was in his eyes. 

---

She whooped and laughed with him, fixing her kimono and attempting to fix her wind swept hair to no avail before taking his arm. "Yes we shall my love." 

I've been re-reading this. I need to do the same with ET and stockpile all the names and words in dragonic so I can remember what they mean...))

Brienna's chest heaved as she caught her breath, blood dripping from her torn stitches. She was hoping that Hunter's anger would be satisfied by massacring the guards. Unfortunately, her luck had run out as Hunter, still blinded by rage, turned on her instead. She narrowly rolled out of the way, landing unsteadily on her paws and letting out a roar. "Hunter! It's me, Brienna!" It didn't do any good - not that she expected it to, at this point - and she had to roll on her bad shoulder to get away. Hunter's claws snagged her fur, pulling open a shallow gash along her side. It was clear she was going to lose this fight, but a question clung in the back of her mind - would Hunter actually kill her? She was his mate, and berserk or not, there had to be a part of him, some base instinct, that would prevent him from killing her. So Brienna decided to do something very, very stupid.

And let him kill her. She didn't dodge away from his next lunge, forcing herself to stay in place as his teeth came closer. Brienna really hoped that she was right.

~ ((I time-skipped the rest))

Damien let out a sigh and stretched, excited for his day to finally be over. He didn't have set hours, but he did have things that needed to be done, and he had plans to meet Galadriel after she finished her first day of teaching. JJ was being watched by Lilly (who had since settled in nicely with Rook) which left him and Gala to have a little free time to spend with each other. Things had been remarkably peaceful - or at least as peaceful as they could get, with him being a crime boss - and Damien wasn't complaining. But that didn't mean he let his guard down. With his line of work, he never could. Finally finishing his work, he headed to pick up some food for him and Gala before picking up his love.

~

Ryu fussed in his crib, prompting Luna to trot over and scoop the baby into her arms. "What's wrong, my little dragon, hmm?" She cooed, pressing a gentle kiss to the baby's head. "Are you hungry?" That seemed to be the problem, and a couple minutes later Ryu was feeding happily. Luna had wrapped a blanket loosely around her front as the baby fed, smiling at Craven as she stepped outside. "He's just hungry."

~

Hades was perched on the top of a building, tail swaying rhythmically back and forth as he listened to the sound of the city. He had gotten off of his shift less than a half-hour earlier, and was now busy doing the same job in a less... legal capacity. Not that any of the other cops really cared, considering half of them were corrupt and the other half were just happy to have his help - as a vigilante, of course. Hades wasn't sure if they knew it was him that patrolled the streets, but the other cops never talked about it and he never asked. Hades was set to visit Lian later, but first... he heard screaming and jumped off, swooping downwards. He had a job to do.

Edited by polaristar