Polar

Adventures in Fantasyland

Waylond nodded at Galadriel, nonchalantly hanging ornaments on the tree in an unconcerned fashion. His finely tuned senses were able to pick up the conversation coming from the front door, and he silently prayed that Rook and Strange had enough sense to hide their weapons where they wouldn't be found - killing a cop would complicate things. Greatly.

"A menace?" Damien said, feigning concern. "That has potential to get dangerous real quick, with the kids that live in this neighborhood," He said. "Come on in - though I doubt you'll find anything. I have a few guys over to help decorate my tree, the thing is huge, and none of them have noticed anything." He shrugged as strange emerged from the bathroom after a toilet flushed, no gun in sight.

"Hey man, I think something is wrong with your toilet," Strange grimaced. "Sorry."

"Randy," Damien groaned. "Not cool."

"What's a cop doing here? Did you park in front of a fire hydrant again, Wayne?" Strange shouted. They never used their real names when on a mission.

"No!" Waylond shouted back. "I don't need another ticket on my record!"

"Sorry about them," Damien said apologetically. "I have no idea where August went, he's around here somewhere... anyways, come on in," He said with a charming smile.

~

"Get off me, fleabag!" Brienna exclaimed, trying to remove him from her back in the gentlest way possible as to not hurt him. "I'm gonna roll over," She warned him, trying to use her paw to dislodge him from where Hunter was nibbling on her ear. Brienna shook violently, trying to knock him off, before shrugging her great shoulders and bounded into the chilly water once more, not looking as if she was struggling under Hunter's added weight at all.

~

Luna shrieked, prancing away from bits of mud that flew from his hands, though Craven managed to speckle part of her dappled gray coat with dull brown. She glanced back, seeing him grinning, laughter rolling off of him and sparkling in his eyes. Luna started slightly. Craven actually looked... handsome. She had never really noticed last night, how much he had changed from the little boy she had left so long ago. She blinked out of her trance in time to she him stumble, flipping over. "Craven!" She cried, galloping over to help him, kneeling down. "Are you alright? Let me help you up," She said, helping him to his hooves, looking him over with anxious green eyes.

The police officer nodded and stepped inside heading towards the living room looking at the tree and then around the fireplace. "Have you seen a white Fox around here? That would be the menace. Been known to slip down chimneys and steel things from under the tree. Poor kids think it's Santa taking the presents away. " He said looking around.

A bit of tinsel ticked her nose. She fought the sneeze as long as she could but eventually it won. It was a cute tiny sound but enough to shake the tree a little bit and catch the attention of the cop. "Did you hear that?" He said looking intently at the tree.

--------

He flopped on his side when she so ok herself then bounded in the water. He got up and sneezed then bounded in after her. "Silly cat! I'm right here!" He nipped at her leg playfully. He then ran out of the water shifting human. "Here kitty kitty!" He wiggled his tail at her laughing.

---

"Centaurs weren't made to somersault. " He said getting up and shaking himself off stumbling a little. He lifted his front right hoof. " I'm okay, just a sprained ankle. It'll heal in a day or two. I'm okay really...." he slapped a muddy hand on her back and limped back chuckling. "Alright, we better get washed up for lunch then get back to work. Okay?" He grinned at her and limped over to the lake washing the mud from his body and hands before hobbling into the hut to make a quick lunch.

"A white fox?" Damien repeated, his mismatched eyes flickering about the room. "Nah, I haven't seen anything like that. Hope you find whoever it is, though, since no kiddo deserves to go without presents," He said with a shrug. Damien didn't stiffen at the sound. He had been trained not to - doing so would give the whole operation away. Undercover was, perhaps, his greatest strength, though it may be because he was an excellent liar - and therefore, and excellent actor. It came naturally to him, unlike other things, like fighting skills. They came with time, of course, but he struggled in the beginning. Not all did, but he seemed to. But deception - acting - yes, that came easily to him. It's why at the sound, he didn't stiffen, he didn't blink, he didn't seem to react in any sort of concerned way at all. Instead, he turned on his heel and shouted towards the kitchen. "Oi, August! You better not be stealing a drink again! I only have so many in there!"

Strange swaggered in, glass bottle in hand. He took a swig and shrugged. "I was thirsty."

Damien simply scowled. Every move the four made was completely impromptu, though they did it so expertly it didn't seem as if it was the first time that they had performed such a scene. "The only thing I heard was him opening a bottle which he stole," He shot Strange a look, and said man simply shrugged and took another swig. "You wanna arrest him?" Damien asked with a chuckle.

Waylond snorted, "Eh, you should. Last time we were at my place watching the game he swiped the last of my pretzel sticks."

"Me being unafraid to steal your food should be a symbol of our friendship!" Strange protested.

"Yeah, whatever you say," Waylond said. "Pretzel stealer."

~

Brienna let out a playful growl, trotting over to him before shaking the water off her pelt, showering him with a rainbow of droplets. "I'm not a normal cat," She huffed, changing back, her hair slightly damp. "You can't tempt me with fluffy objects and expect me to pounce, like some sort of housecat," Brienna rolled her eyes before grinning good-naturedly. "Honestly, pup." She batted at his tail playfully, smirking as she grabbed it. "Gotcha!" She tugged gently before releasing his tail and reaching up to ruffle his hair. "I'm not such a kitty now, eh?"

~

"I could have told you that one," Luna said, shaking her head and helping him over to the lake. She washed off with him, her sweatshirt becoming soaked as she washed off the dirt and grime accumulated from both her work and their play. She wrung it out, and the shirt quickly became cold from the December air. She helped him back inside the hut, stoking the fire. "Rest your ankle, I can cook. My younger brother sprained his ankle once," She said. "He was born about a year after we left. He's 13 now." She shrugged. "Just wrap it so that it doesn't move around too much, and it'll be alright. Stuff like that heals pretty quick with a little bit of R and R."

The police officer ignored them and looked at the tree pulling out his flashlight and peering inside the branches. However he didn't get to far when the one decorating the tree started speaking to him. Chuckling he switched off the light and slipped it back into its place.

Yeah you're right. It probably was the bottle opening. Those sodas are loud from the carbonation. Well, I don't see anything suspicious around here. I'll leave you guys be but call me when anything strange happens k?" He left a card on the table and showed himself out driving off.

Galadriel jumped out of the tree and ran up to Damien leaping on the table before jumping onto his shoulder. "I'm sorry, I almost blew it. That tinsel ticked my nose..." She licked his cheek and nosed him. "He was one of them... one of the men... he's the one who had me first after whipping me." She muttered. "I'll never forget that laugh...." She shivered and tried to crawl under his shirt to hide shivering.

-----

He laughed as she shook herself, shielding his face from the shower of salty water. "Oh? And you were playing with the feathers after our pillow fight when we were kids!" He yelped when she tugged, more startled then hurt before whipping around and tackling her holding her wrists in a vice like grip and straddling her belly. He grinned, although with the eye patch it looked unsettling to anyone who didn't know him, his lips spread into the infamous impish grin he had when he had something planned out for a while and it was falling into place. "Oh, little kitten... is this how you play then?" He leans forward nose touching hers. "How wonderful that you fell for my trick.... you have no idea how long I've been dreaming about this my prrrretty. Oh how wonderfully purrrrrrrfect. " He hummed grinning from ear to ear his eye gazing into hers. "I'm gonna kiss you now and nothings gonna stop me." He muttered and he did. He kissed her releasing her wrists to finger her hair his tail a black blur and his ears against his head. He kissed her with such passion and longing that had been burning in him for years. She was his and only his to have.

----

He hobbled to a chest and pulled out a clean shirt for himself and one of his sweatshirts for her to replace the wet one she had on. "It's fine really. Not my first sprained ankle. You have a little brother now? He must be adorable. ....." He looked down at the fire. With a heavy sigh he stripped off his shirt hanging it up to dry on a post. He still had on his brother's gift for him before the fire. A little carved fox totem around his neck. It was his brother's first carving that actually looked like an animal and he'd been very proud of the thing he worked months. The wooden totem thumped against his chest laying among some scars from a puma he fought a week ago. He pulled the new shirt over his bear skin. He was very close to his brother, only born a year apart, and they looked so alike they could've been mistaken for twins. If craven wasn't with Luna, he was with Ryu. He eased himself onto the bed. "Tell me about him. Please?"

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

"We'll be sure to do that," Damien said with a smile, following the officer to the door. "You have a good day now, officer," He shut the door and locked it, watching discreetly from the window as the officer drove away and let out a breath. "We're clear now, men." He strode back into the room, where Waylond, Strange, and Rook looked relieved. "You all did well. Nice job with the soda, Strange."

Strange grinned, raising the bottle and taking another swig. "It was a fortunate accident, ya know. But I was hangin' back 'til I could make a natural entrance."

"You know, the ironic thing is that we're supposed to be the bad guys," Waylond drawled out, sprawling out on the couch. "How did we end up fighting the bad guys?"

"I guess it depends on the way you look at it," Rook shrugged.

Damien rubbed a comforting thumb over Galadriel's soft fur as she burrowed into his chest. "It's alright, you couldn't help it. I would have taken care of him, but I really can't afford to kill a cop right now... especially since he was in his cruiser, it was just too risky." Damien visibly stiffened at her admission, muscles tensing in anger towards the men that had used his friend. "You three, go back to keeping watch. We're not off the hook yet."

The three men nodded, taking the subtle 'get out' hint that Damien had tossed them, and left the room. "It's alright," He soothed, once the other men had disappeared. He scooped her up, holding her right by his heart as she shivered. "You're safe with me. You know that, right?"

~

Brienna rolled her eyes, face flushing. "Really? Your cat jokes are awful, honestly," She said with an exaggerated puff, moving the damp strands of Hunter's hair slightly. She gasped slightly, returning his desperate kiss eagerly, knotting her hands in his hair as he did the same with her own. It was like heaven, the irreversible bond that had been formed upon her shifting bursting to the surface as she savored the feeling of his lips against her own. She craved his affection in a way that almost scared her, eventually pulling away with her eyes shut, panting. "Well, that was a long time in coming," She said with a slight smile, heart pounding quickly against her ribcage. She could still feel Hunter's closeness but shoved it away, taking deep breaths of the salty sea air as she regained her senses.

~

"Yeah, Soren is really sweet and gentle, kinda like me," Luna told him, moving into the other room to change quickly before re-emerging and hanging the wet shirt on a post like Craven had done for it to dry. She realized that the sweatshirt he gave her, while obviously clean, still had his smell on it - while discreet, she still picked it up as she slipped it over her head earlier. "Of course I'll tell you about him," Luna said, feeding a log to the fire and watching as it flared back to full life before beginning to gather ingredients for lunch. "He's a bit bolder than I am, and a bit of a troublemaker - though I suppose I used to be. Mom and Dad don't nag on him as much as they do me, though maybe it's because he's a male and will carry on the family name, while I was just someone to marry off. He's still to young yet, but I know that Mom has a few prospects lined up for him, but at least they're decent. His best friend, a pretty little filly named Daisy, is one of the top on the list. I'm glad about that, at least. She's nice," Luna shrugged. "He likes adventure, and when I was leaving he caught me and begged to go. I would have let him, but... he's too young. He has a life in front of him that is unfurling where we live now, not where I was going." She smiled slightly. "I cared for him a lot, when he was little, since Mom was out at parties and stuff a lot and Dad was working. He was very playful, and loved to play pretend. He wanted to be a knight. Soren is a bit more subdued, now that he's older and Mom and Dad are pressuring him more, but I suppose he's doing alright..." Luna trailed off, beginning to make lunch in silence before her lips twitched up slightly. "It's a good thing I like cooking, eh? I wasn't allowed to do it much at home, but I read a lot of cookbooks."

She curled up against him in a tight ball. "I know... I've always felt safe around you." She said jumping down and shifting before pressing against him. "What was it you were saying before? Before you got interrupted... how about we finish this tree then we can cuddle.. and.... perhaps make some lunch soon. I'm getting hungry again." She said softly pressing her face on his chest breathing in his scent of salt and leather, a masculine smell she always loved.

----

Hunter got off of her when their kiss broke and he sat with a stupid grin on his face. "Yowza..... I quite enjoyed that. " He muttered and giggled. "I'm gonna do that more often sweetheart so you better get used to it!" His tail thumped in the sand, sweeping a trench from it wagging.

----

"Really? I hate cooking, uses up my herbs faster. Feel free to cook any time you like. I wouldn't mind..." He said with a sigh. "Not much luck being a knight in this time, should've tried out five centuries ago. Perhaps I can meet him one day. Ow!" He winced as he shifted his bad hoof a little bit.

Damien smiled down at her, wrapping Galadriel in a protective embrace and placing a kiss to her temple. "Just a surprise. Something I wanted to give you, though we can wait until later, if you would like." He paused. "I'm sorry if I snapped at you earlier. I'm just worried about you. It hurts me to see you so broken; I just want to help." He sighed heavily, resting his chin on her head. "If you would like to work on the tree later, I know the kids always enjoy it when I let them - most of the time, the ornaments have to be rearranged again anyways." He chuckled. "Of course we can cuddle, but first, what would you like for lunch? I make a mean grilled cheese, you know. I find it to be a good comfort food. I give it to the kids whenever they've had a particularly bad day."

~

"Oh yeah?" Brienna asked, smirking. "Of course you enjoyed it, this is me we're talking about," She said to him jokingly. She leaped nimbly to her feet, perfectly balanced in the sand. "You're flinging sand everywhere, ya know," She told him casually, offering him a hand to pull himself up with. "Where do you want to go now?" Brienna dusted some of the sand out of her still damp (and now stiff) hair. "I'm gonna need a shower now. I hate showers," She told him, wrinkling her nose. "Cat thing, you know. It's weird. I don't like showers but I love swimming. Maybe it has something to do with how the water hits?" She mused to herself. "Anyways - has the city changed much since I've been gone?" Brienna grinned. "You have to take me on a tour of some of the new attractions."

~

"Huh," Luna said thoughtfully as she prepared their lunch. "I like the creativity of cooking, I think." She giggled slightly. "Yeah, I suppose you're right. A pity too, since Soren would make a good knight. He's brave, and knows how to think on his feet - hooves, I should say. I'm sure he'd love to meet you someday. I told him about all our escapades as children, you're almost like a hero to him," Luna laughed, before frowning. "You probably shouldn't walk on that again today, you know. You don't want to make it any worse than it already is."

"A grilled cheese sounds lovely. " She said and sat down on the couch. "I'll sit here until your done. I can't wait to meet the other kids. You are a good man taking them in like that." She wrapped a blanket around herself to keep warm. She relaxed on the couch. "I don't mind waiting for my gift. Now hurry up I want to snuggle."

-----

Huh... I love showers, don't like baths." He got up brushing himself off. "I need a shower too, but my bathroom sucks so I need to do it at the gym. The city hasn't changed much. The museum got bigger. There's a butterfly exhibit now. A new restaurant... mall expanded a bit. The boardwalk park is bigger too. " He headed up to the boardwalk. "I can show you around after a shower. "

----

"I'll be fine.." he said wrapping it and fashioning a sling. "Its weird... I'm so used to being alone. Having someone to tell me how to treat myself is strange to me. Will take some time getting used to it. " he said relaxing on his bed.

"Ha," Damien laughed slightly as he went into the kitchen. "It is one of the few ways in which I am a good man." He began pulling out what he needed, shaking his head and chuckling slightly. "Now, now. You cant rush perfection."

Waylond poked his head into the kitchen. "Can I have one?" Upon seeing Damien's withering look, he quickly withdrew. "...never mind."

Ten minutes later, Damien brought out two grilled cheeses, still warm. He passed her one of the plates. "Prepare to be amazed. Dig in." He sat down next to her and began to eat his own sandwich. "What do you think?" He asked her after a few moments of silent munching.

~

"Oh, a butterfly garden? That sounds fun! I love chasing butterflies." Brienna was only partially joking. "The hotel shower isn't that bad, if you'd rather use that one," She suggested. "You don't have to though." She added quickly, as an afterthought. "Can we go to the boardwalk first, once we've cleaned up?"

~

"Well, now is a good a time as any to start," Luna said with a smile. "Though I suppose it's my maternal instincts kicking in. Or maybe I'm just bossy," She joked, watching the soup boil over the fire. "How much work is left to do on the new room? You really should rest your ankle, and I'm perfectly capable of doing work. Pregnant, not sick. Keep that in mind," Luna teased gently, grinning at Craven with amusement in her eyes.

She took a bite of the sandwich and her eyes widened as she chewed slowly and swallowed. "Goodness gracious my taste buds are dancing!" She exclaimed and took another bite savoring the taste. "Now-" she spoke between mouthfuls. "I'll try to put everything behind me but only if you let up on yourself. You are a good man deep down, you just buried it because that decency would've gotten you killed. You let up on yourself a little bit and I'll-" She looked at the sandwich in her hand and set it down wrapping an arm around her stomach and holding her hand over her mouth. After a brief moment of staying like that, she got up and ran to the restroom to throw up in the toilet. After a moment she came back out after rinsing her mouth out looking at her feet and holding her belly. "First twicks when I shift, this smell I can't wash off... emotions out of control and now sickness... that was sourdough bread, I love sourdough bread... I ate it all the time... Damien... I think I need a doctor's appointment... Have my blood drawn for a pregnancy test... to be certain of things."

------

"As long as you don't walk in on me. In not that scrawny twig anymore." He laughed. "Sure, I've wanted to see that for myself but been busy and all. I'll just swing by my place and get a few clothes to change into then I'll see you at the hotel. While I was waiting for you this morning I walked around and found a hotel that was within walking distance of your favorite coffee shop. Now knowing that cats are creatures of habit, I assume you're staying there?" He asked.

---

"Just finish the walls then putting the roof on. That's it. " he said closing his eyes. "Alright mother, I'll take it easy for the rest of the day." He teased back smiling slightly as he slowly fell asleep. He felt as ease, way more than he felt in a long time. "Knowing you, you'd probably put a woman's touch on the place. After all a old hermit lives here."

"Told you so," Damien said with a chuckle, finishing his sandwich in a few more bites and listening as she spoke. "Decency will still get me killed, I'll have you know," He told Galadriel, no harshness in his voice. "But I'll let up on my comments about my, erm... questionable morals." He paused, watching in concern as she held a hand to her mouth. "Are you alright?" Damien asked worriedly, bolting after her as she ran into the bathroom and threw up into the toilet. He held her hair so that it wouldn't fall into her face and rubbed her back soothingly.

"Alright, boss?" Rook asked as Damien reemerged while Galadriel washed out her mouth. His head was popped out of the front room and a slightly concerned expression was on his face. "Is she sick?"

"I think so," Damien said slowly, leaning against the wall as he spoke to the man. "Came on rather suddenly, though. She seemed fine earlier. Thanks for asking."

"No problem, bossman," Rook said before withdrawing back to his post.

Damien gaped at her for several moments as she spoke. Out of all of the things he expected Galadriel to say, 'pregnancy test' was not one of them. "You want a..." He stopped talking and restarted. "Well yeah, I'll go do that, uh..." He heard Rook snort from the other room and scowled as a thought came to mind. "You may not need one, if I can get confirmation from a certain mercenary who decided withholding important information from me, of all people, was a good idea!" He took a deep breath. "I'm not mad, not at you. There should be a few new toothbrushes in that drawer there. I'll be right back, I've gotta call Dire." Damien strode off into the back room with Strange, who gave him a questioning glance. Shaking his head at the man, Damien flipped open his cellphone and quickly called the wolfkin, waiting impatiently for the mercenary to pick up his phone. "Dire!" He barked angrily once the phone had been answered. "There wouldn't happen to be any bits of information regarding Galadriel's... health that you oh, I don't know, neglected to tell me?!"

~

"And I'm not a little girl anymore," Brienna said with a chuckle before smacking his arm playfully. "Yeah, yeah, shut up. I'm room 91, just knock." She glanced his way as a phone began to ring before pulling out her own. "Not mine - your cell phone ringing?"

~

Luna stuck her tongue out playfully at Craven. "Don't call me your mother! Your older than me, there's no way that would fly." She grinned, ruffling his hair in an affectionate manner as she passed him. "Yeah, it'll be all decked out in pink and rainbows. You're gonna love it," She said jokingly. "Maybe a little bit, but don't you worry. It'll still look like a hermit's house when I'm done with it." She giggled as she stirred the stew, settling down near it as she waited for it to cook. Soon, delicious aromas began to filter through the hut, and her stomach growled. "Wow, I'm hungry. Those herbs you gave me - they're supposed to make me hungrier, right? Because it's working."

Edited by polaristar

Galadriel eased herself down on the couch after brushing her teeth thoroughly. She looked away from the sandwich like she'd be sick again if she starred at it long enough.

--

Hunter answered his phone, holding it away from his ear as Damien snapped at him. "It isn't withholding if you didn't ask about her current health condition. If you're asking now I'll tell you. She's dangerously thin for a woman who's three to five weeks pregnant, the baby is the chief of police's who is a werewolf given that the light aqua white and violet aura of hers and a deep navy black of the werewolf's are mixing around her stomach area. I've told you my policy is don't ask don't tell. If you don't inquire about the current condition of the target, then I won't tell you. The child will be a siren like it's mother, traces of white are around that area as well. Gender is too soon to tell. I didn't think you'd be so upset over such information, and it's most likely the girl hadn't known of her own condition herself. I assumed you wouldn't mind considering you both are soulmates and that you've got a habit of taking in misfit children. One baby wouldn't make any difference would it?" He asked his voice dropping low. "If this is a threat Damien, heed my words, I've killed ten of the best mercenaries money can buy, and wounded twenty others. I am not one to threat idly. I gave you what you wanted. My job is finished. There's no need for you to call me any more." He hung up.

Turning to Brienna he grinned. "Alright, I'll head home and get my things. See you soon!" He shifted and ran off.

--

"Damien?" Called Galadriel, "what did he say? How would he know anything about me?"

----

"Good. It makes you hungry and helps keep the fat in your body so you can build it up faster. Smells good" he said sitting up after a short nap. "I thought you might add a couple pretty unicorns too.. although they are kinda full of themselves. Pegasi are way more friendly then a unicorn."

((Posted on ET btw))

"Dire," Damien said slowly, his voice dangerously soft. "It is withholding information if I specifically asked about anything that could influence my ability to protect her. Though you seem to misunderstand my... irritation, as it is not directed towards her, or you for that matter. Another child in the house does not bother me. The man who did this to her does. I was not threatening. However, if you'd like to play that way, you may be the best mercenary in the city, but I have scores of dangerous men who would be happy to put their lives on the line for me. Just keep that in mind, hmm? I do not wish to terminate the... understanding we have. Thank you for the information. If I have another job for you, I'll let you know. Enjoy the time with your girl." He hung up, giving a deep sigh, he sat down in a chair before springing up with a curse. Strange gave him a questioning look. "I need Brentwood to keep the police chief alive!" A quick text to said man confirmed that it would be done.

"Congratulations," Strange said, giving Damien a look. He had heard the whole conversation. "Don't let your temper get the best of you."

"I've been doing this for years, Strange. Bridling emotions is my MO." Damien waved off Stranger's concern, sighing once more and returning to Galadriel. "Dire would know because he's a wolfkin. He can see people's auras, including unborn babies. He's the one that found you, that's why I called him. It's why I was so irritated - I thought he would let me know about anything that may threaten your safety." He paused, phrasing his next sentence carefully. "There's no need for you to go to the doctor, not now at least - he was able to tell me everything I needed. He says you're three to five weeks along," Damien finished softly, watching her in concern. He had no idea how Galadriel would react - she was in a fragile state as it was. He decided it would be best to keep the other information - the identity of the baby's father - to himself.

~

Brienna listened to the whole exchange with a troubled look, pity in her eyes for the girl she had never met. And yet Hunter seemed unfazed, as if it didn't bother him. "Yeah, see you soon," She said, waving and jogging back to the hotel to wait for him, pulling out a fresh change of clothes and mulling over the conversation she had heard.

~

"Oh, interesting," Luna said, passing him a bowl of stew as he woke from his daze and laughing. "Yeah, can't forget the unicorns! Though you do have a good point." She sipped from her bowl. "What do you think? It tastes fine to me, but it's been a while since I've cooked, and I'm sure your tastes have changed over the years."

((On kindle, excuse any weird typos))

Galadriel's voice turned sour and dark. "It's one of theirs. I know it is. I don't want it." She hissed out. "I'm not a child, don't hide anything from me. You know who the father is. I want him dead and the child out of my body." She said lowly.

---

Hunter gathered all of his belongings and went to the hotel. He knocked on the door, holding a large bag with a sleeping bag attached to it on his shoulder. "Yo kitten it's me."

------

"Yeah they've changed.. practically burned them off with my cooking. This is good. I love it." Craven said digging into his stew.

((Sorry short can't think. Sick.)

((It's okay, I understand smile.gif ))

Damien frowned, mismatched eyes troubled. It was obvious that he didn't agree with her decision - it was like Hunter had said: he didn't mind. "Dire says the father is likely the chief of police, who Brentwood should have within the hour. I told him to keep the piece of scum alive - you can kill him yourself, I don't care. But please," He paused. "Keep the baby. What happen isn't the baby's fault, it shouldn't be killed because of it. It's not just one of theirs, it's your child. Three of the four children I have - Tuck and Tia included - wouldn't be here if their parents had followed that line of thinking." Damien gave a deep sigh, giving her a pleading glance. "I love you, Galadriel. I love everything about you. I love the baby because it has a part of you. I will gladly raise it as my own son or daughter if you would allow me to, but I won't force you to keep the baby, if that's what you really want. Just... don't let it suffer for the sins of it's father, for lack of a better word," He said, wrinkling his nose at the term. "Please."

~

"Yo dog, I figured as much," Brienna said teasingly, swinging open the door. "So you came prepared. You going camping?" She joked, motioning towards the sleeping bag. "Or are you just spending the night?" She motioned towards an empty chair. "You can just put your stuff there so that it's off the floor; I'm not using it. You want to shower first? I don't mind. I'll take longer because of my hair." The hotel room itself was pretty generic - a queen sized bed, two nightstands, a dresser with a TV, and two chairs were the only things that furnished it. Brienna's touch could still be seen, with an open bag occupying one of the chairs, messily folded clothes inside and others scattered across the left side of the neatly made bed. "Yeah, I probably should have tidied up a bit... ah, well."

~

"Please, your cooking can't be that bad!" Luna laughed, finishing the first bowl in only a few minutes and grabbing another helping. "I thought it was okay, though I'm happy to cook all the time if you want. I find it soothing. Plus, it smells good, so there's a big plus right there." She lay down next to him after getting her second bowl, eating eagerly. "This is pretty good though, I'm quite proud of myself. I honestly wasn't expecting it to turn out this good. Not that I'm complaining."

Galadriel's arms tightened around her stomach as she looked at him, eyes swirling with colors as thoughts raced through her mind. "You.... want me to keep the child? But.... I only want to have your kids. I always wanted that. To be your wife... and mother to a dozen silkie sirens...." She flushed pink. "I didn't want a werewolf's child. Are you certain? That you want me to keep it?" SHe asked hesiantly looking up at him with her multicolored eyes. " Why do you want to spare the police chief?"

-----

"Oh no. I'm spending the night. I always carry a sleeping bag, you never know when you'll be on the run or on the streets. you take a shower first. Believe it or not, i probably take longer showers than you do. Washing my tail and ears is tedious work and i have to keep the soap out of my eye. There's a certain way to clean under my eye patch so I'd most likely would be a while." He set his things down on the chair and kicked off his shoes setting them in a corner before laying on the bed. "Hmmmmm. Smells like you my Kitten."

--------

"Neither am I. " Craven said eating. He wrapped a wing around her to keep her warm. "I'm glad you're with me now. It's been quite lonely out here by myself. I'll provide for you dear don't you worry."

Damien could see the wheels turning in Galadriel's mind as she mulled over his words, looking confused. "And you still can!" Damien said softly, kissing her temple. "I would love to become your husband and have children with you. There is no reason why we can't. I know it may seem... inconvenient now, but I don't mind. I love you, and the baby, just like I said. Keep it, and I will raise it like me own. We can still have children, you and I, this changes absolutely nothing. Kai has always wanted a younger sibling anyways," Damien said with an encouraging smile, placing his hands on her elbows gently. "It's your choice, Gala, I won't force you either way. And as for the chief, though in my eyes he does not deserve the title, I was not planning on sparing him. I'll kill him myself. However I am not quite as merciful, so to say, as Brentwood and his men." He set his jaw, brown knit together in an angered expression before smoothing. "Is your stomach still upset?"

~

"Works for me," Brienna said with a shrug. It wasn't uncommon for mates to stay together, considering the strength of the bond. "I'll go first then. You know, it probably does take me less time considering how much time you spend making sure your tail has just the right amount of fluffiness," She teased lightly, before rolling her eyes. "Of course it smells like me, doofus, that's where I sleep." As she said this, Brienna moved the clothes off the bed and stuffed them unceremoniously into her bag, before grabbing the fresh change of clothes she had left on the dresser. She tossed him the remote. "You can watch some TV, if you want. I'll be quick."

Brienna disappeared into the bathroom, scrubbing herself down and and washing her hair thoroughly before drying off. It didn't take her long to get done, perhaps 15 minutes, and she put on some lotion before pulling on her clothes. Squeezing her damp hair in the towel to pull out some of the moisture, she dried her hair before pulling it into a ponytail so that stray strands wouldn't fall into her face. "Your turn," Brienna told Hunter as she emerged, hanging her towel on a hanger in the small closet for it to dry. "You better not have gotten sand on the blankets, pup."

~

"I'm glad I'm here too. I don't doubt your ability to provide for us," Luna said, smiling softly. "I'm sure it got quite lonely after a while. And I know you said you moved out here because of pushy mares, but I have to ask - what exactly happened to initiate such radical action on your part?"

Edited by polaristar

She mulled over his words for a moment. "Okay. I'll keep it. The baby won't know the difference between biological or adoptive father anyway. All it'll know is that it has a big loving family. I'm sorry, I wasn't thinking clearly dear.." She leaned against him. "Its settled down now. I'm still hungry though, but I don't know if I can stomach that again. Can you still make a tuna sandwich? I know my dad taught you how to. " She asked laying her head on his shoulder.

___

"Don't worry I didn't get sand everywhere. And yes, my tail must be perfectly fluffy. " he said passing her and getting into the shower. He had turned on princess bride, one of his favorite movies next to beauty and the beast. Hunter took a half hour shower and was longer in the bathroom, drying his hair, ears, and tail thoroughly and dressing. After a total of forty five minutes he came out brushing his hair with a special brushing that reduces shedding. "Almost done. Shedding season. Such a pain, lucky kitten with short fur."

------

"Well..it's a long story. I moved from the forest to the city thinking that would help the pain I've felt. Then the city mares started flocking around me.... it was one mare in particular that looked a lot like you. I eventually gave in to her pestering and went out with her.. only to find out she was seeing three other stallions that day, claiming she didn't want to be hitched to just one. I would say it broke my heart, but that happened a long time ago when I thought you died. Actually... I didn't feel anything. No shock, no pity, no anger just nothing. Empty. When I realized that I always had felt that way since the fire, I came out here where my grandpa lived and stayed. Out here it's peaceful and quiet, I don't feel so empty as I did in the city. I felt.... at peace with myself. I felt closer with the ones I lost here. It reminded me of home. " he said softly.

"Good. I'm glad," Damien said, sounding relieved. "Don't worry, I understand. The past few hours have been stressful." He wrapped a comforting arm around her shoulders, kissing her hair. "Of course, I remember. I'm making a smoothie to go with it, since you need to gain some weight. You're much to thin to be healthy, even if you weren't pregnant. I'll have to go get some protein drinks, prenatal vitamins, lots of fruits and veggies..." He stopped. "You know what? I'll ask Waylond. His wife is due soon."

"I heard my name?" Said man asked, strolling out of the room he was in. "Everything is still, according to Rook and Strange. What do you need, boss?"

"Besides prenatal vitamins, what should a pregnant woman take for vitamins?" Damien asked.

"Probably vitamin C and D, I'd say, but you'd need to check to make sure. Millie just takes her prenatal vitamins, since I make sure she has enough of everything else. Why do you ask?" He blinked. "Wait, is she pregnant?"

Damien nodded. "She just found out. I figured you'd know what she should eat to go back to a healthy weight."

"Well congratulations, I guess. Just feed her fruits, vegetables, protein - a healthy diet should have her back to normal in no time. Though giving her what she'll be craving always helps too," Waylond chuckled. "I didn't even pick up the scent, though maybe it's because I've never smelled her when she wasn't pregnant?" He shrugged.

"Waylond is a shape-shifter," Damien explained. "He can shift into a hyena. It's why his sense of smell is so good. And why he has a weird laugh."

"Alright, I'm done," Waylond said, rolling his eyes good-naturedly. "I'll come back when you're ready to be nice."

Chuckling, Damien shook his head. "I'll go make your sandwich. I'll save the grilled cheese for later, if you'd like. Though Tucker might eat it, that boy eats anything." Getting up from off the couch, Damien set to work making a tuna fish sandwich, gathering what he needed for a smoothie as he waited for the bread to toast. He re-emerged from the kitchen a few minutes later with a tuna fish sandwich and a glass cup filled with a strawberry banana smoothie in hand. "You don't mind strawberry banana, do you? If not, I'll take it and make you something else."

~

"Princess Bride? Really?" Brienna called, laughing. "You always have been a bit of a romantic, buttercup!" She snickered, stretching herself out on the bed and changing the channel to NCIS as she waited for Hunter to get finished. It did take him longer, as he had stated earlier, and the NCIS team had just caught the bad guy when Hunter came out of the bathroom. Brienna flicked it back to Princess Bride for him. "Shedding season," Brienna sighed. "AKA you getting your fluff everywhere." She held out an expectant hand for the brush. "Here, let me do it. I am a cat, after all. I'm good at grooming." She did have a point - it was natural for her to want to groom her close friends and family (if they had a furry alternative, that is). "Besides, you won't have to twist around like you're chasing your tail if you let me do it. As hilarious as that is."

~

"I'm sorry, Craven," Luna wasn't sure if she was apologising for what he had been through or for bringing up a sore subject. "I wish my parents hadn't taken me away. I should have gone to look for you." She sighed. "Well, this place is a home for both of us, now, and I couldn't ask for a better one," Luna glanced at her stomach, where a slight bulge showed the foal that was growing. "Especially with a foal on the way. I just wish my mother would let things lie, but somehow I doubt it." Luna sighed. "Fortunately, Boston - that's York's brother - is a bit more level-headed than she is."

"Actually I usually don't but you're lucky that I've been craving that lately. So stake mashed potatoes, green beans and rice. If I have to eat a ton of that stuff, I'm happy." She says taking the sandwich and the drink gratefully chowing down on the sandwich then savoring the smoothie. She offered him a bite as she snuggled up against his side. "What happened feels like a nightmare... to me it doesn't feel like any time had passed between us. "She fingered a scar above his lip. "How many of these have you gotten just for looking for me?" She asked softly taking another sip of her smoothie. "I've missed those eyes, unusual as they are." She giggled.

---

"Oh okay kitten, if you feel like you have to.." he chuckled and handed her the brush sitting on the bed. "Princess bride is my guilty pleasure! You know how many Halloween parties I crashed as the dreaded pirate Roberts!.. or Zorro. I made a sexy Zorro."

----

Craven frowned. "Why do you keep mentioning York and his brother? They can't get you here and you said York is dead. Besides those names are ridiculous... after cities. Every name in my family has ties to animals or nature, my name means fox, my brother's Ryu ment Dragon. My mom's name is rain, and my father Eban ment stone. If I had a sister, her name would've been Sola. ... I'm sorry, I started ranting. Stop worrying about your parents. If they dare come here I'll run them off. They won't take you away from me again."

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

"I will keep that in mind," Damien said with a chuckle. "I need to make a list." He took a bite when Galadriel offered, wrapping an arm around her and allowing her to curl into his side. "Yes, it has been quite a long time, though it doesn't feel like much has changed." Damien kissed her fingers. "Ah, it doesn't matter now. That one wasn't from searching for you, however. It came from a man in the pit with a mean pair of knuckles," He said with a grimace. "I've missed this, Gala. I'm glad I was able to find you before they did." He frowned, eyes distant, though he didn't start when his phone rang. The caller ID showed that it was Brentwood, and he picked it up. "Have you got them?"

"Sure do, boss," Brentwood said proudly. "It was surprisingly easy. Kept the police chief and a shark alive like you asked. Dunno why you need two though, one will work just fine. You want me to interrogate them?"

"Do what you want with the shark, as long as you get the information. Don't do it in my house, though. Knock them out and take them to a holding cell. The chief is mine," There was a chilling, dangerous tone in his voice, but Brentwood seemed unfazed.

"Will do, boss. I already have Mouse coming to clean things up. Nothing too messy though, just need to stage some deaths to get rid of the body of the DA."

"Tell him to do what he needs and let him know that I'll see him tomorrow instead of today," Damien said. "Good work, Brentwood."

"Thanks Damien. I've had Dev going through their text messages and phone calls, and it doesn't seem like anyone knew where they were going, so you should be clear. And one guy had 10 grand on him? Not sure why."

"Hold on to that for me, it belongs to someone else," Damien said. "Call me if anything happens."

"Will do boss," Brentwood responded, before hanging up.

Damien breathed a silent sigh of relief. It seemed like the largest threat was gone, for the time being; however, he knew he would need to get rid of that ring, once and for all. Unfortunately he couldn't just tip off the police and be on his merry way - the police were involved, so he'd have to deal with this himself. "It seems that, for now, the danger has passed. Brentwood has them."

"Does that mean we can go?" Waylond called. "Because I don't feel like getting bullied by you anymore."

"We should be good. Tuck will be home soon anyways, between the two of us we can probably handle any issues," Damien said. "I trust you three can see yourselves out?" Waylond gave a thumbs up and by some silent signal, the three left the house, leaving Galadriel and Damien alone. "Well, that's a weight off my back. Those three... they're pieces of work, I'll tell you that much, but they mean well - hmm, perhaps well isn't the word to use, all things considered." He glanced at his watch. "Tucker should be home around two-thirty, and the other three will be home about an hour after. They take the bus home, it's easier that way. I usually take them to school, though. Is there anything else I can get you? I have some Oreos, if that tickles your fancy."

~

Brienna sat up, sitting Indian style on the bed behind him and running the brush rhythmically over the soft fur of his tail. "Honestly, I can imagine," She laughed, rolling her eyes. "I'm sure you did, you'll have to show me some time," She teased slyly, giving him a nudge and gently untangling a slight knot. "Man, I forgot how fluffy your tail is," She said with a slight whistle. "I swear it has gotten worse," She said, running a light hand over the soft fur before beginning to brush the underside. "Let me know if I accidentally catch a knot without realizing, I don't want to hurt you."

~

Luna shrugged slightly, sensing his frustration. "Just trying to be realistic, I guess. But yes, York is dead. Gone. Kicked the metaphorical bucket." She snickered. "I agree, their names are quite... unconventional. My family was the same way, I don't know what got into theirs. Trying to fit in better with the city folk?" She shrugged. "I have no idea. Don't worry about it. I know, it's just... old habits die hard, I suppose. On a semi-related topic, I've been thinking about some names, you want to hear them?"

"Guess that means we have to hide the pickle. Gotta make him believe we put it on the tree already. Hmmm..... Alone at last. " She finished her smoothie and cleaned up the dishes searching threw the cupboards. " You said Oreos. Where are they? You know they are my kryptonite! its been forever since I had them. Are they double stuffed?" She looked out of the kitchen at him. "I promise I wont tell the kids where you hid them!"

------

"Maybe I will." He teased back. " It shouldn't be too knotted, I keep it well brushed and soft. The softer it is the less hair that falls out and when you're an assassin DNA is your downfall. I won't get you involved in my work though. The less you know the better. That way you can't be used against me. I have both friends and enemies in high places, people I'd rather not have know you even exist. I keep myself well groomed. Throes my clients off when they see me dressed all nice and sharp instead of a ratty tatted up Hulk of a man." He grinned over his shoulder at her.

_______

"Names for your foal? Sure! I'd love to hear them. If you don't mind... I'd like to make a few suggestions too. Yo He u don't have to pick any of them, and granted these are just from the top of my head so they may not be any good. But I'd like it if you gave them some thought.." He said softly setting his now empty bowl down on the floor.

"Aren't you a clever little siren," Damien teased, getting up to go after her as Galadriel went to clean the dishes. "I can do that, you know. You don't have to worry about it," However, she was quick and his protests were useless. He laughed. "Well, hidden from all but Tucker. He can smell them, but he's not a huge sweet person so it works out." He showed her where they were hidden (on the top shelf of the cupboard behind some crackers) and gave them to her. "If course they're doublestuff. I'm a monster, not uncultured." He chuckled, taking two for himself. "Help yourself. I can always go out and get more." Damien went over to lock the front door before heading back to the living room. "What would you like to do? I have some movies, if that interests you."

~

Brienna continued brushing his tail, humming in understanding. "It's probably best," She agreed. "I'm not sure I want to know anyways." Her mind darted back to what had bothered her earlier. "The guy who called you earlier - was he the same one that you talked to in the diner? I mean, I get why you have to be distant, but the girl being pregnant does seem like the kind of thing you'd want to tell..." She said uncomfortably, knowing it was probably a touchy subject. "It just bothered me, a little bit."

~

Luna smiled. "Oh, good. I have a few for a girl and a few for a boy. I was thinking Wisteria, Blossom, or Solstice for a girl and Kodiak, Orion, or Ryu for a boy. I always liked your brother, and his name," Luna said softly. "I'd like to hear your ideas - I'm open for suggestions. I don't think I'll decide until I meet the foal, at any rate. The name has to fit, you know?"

She took two and put them back. She didn't want to overwork her stomach with junk food. "Harry potter movies? How many books are out? The fifth one was just released when I disappeared, and the guard was reading the sixth one. Any more movies? How about ones that you like that came out?" She asked tilting her head.

----

"The girl? Or the one I was working for? If I'd have told him before I captured her, he would have forced me to change my method of capture, then to find the father and bring him to him. He would've been hot headed and not thinking clearly. My capture was effortless, and very mundane without any injury to her or her child. I don't run a fast food joint where customer service is my specialty... it's a cut throat, kill or be killed business. If I hadn't have trapped her in the box and attempted to bring her in as a human, I would've lost my other eye three fingers and possibly an ear. Understand that it's my life that I'm monopolizing here, I must do what I believe is for my own safety with minimal damage to my body. It is my only way of living."

______

"I like Orion. A nice strong name. There's Leo too. Or Aries. For a girl I'd suggest Lilly, or sakura. The Japanese name for cherry blossom." He suggested getting up to wash his bowl.

"Harry Potter books? Technically seven, not including The Cursed Child. I have all of them in my study, if you want to read them," Damien offered. "There's eight movies, though. They split seven into two parts. I like a lot of movies, I've got a bunch if you'd like to look through them and decide," He said, pulling a bin full of movies out from beside the TV set. "Avengers is always a good choice, though."

~

"I understand," Brienna said, realizing Hunter's logic. He had a good point. "I wasn't trying to lecture you, no need to get upset. I was just curious. It's not like I'm experienced with what you do." She soothed, patting his shoulder. "I think it's done, what do you think?" She asked him, pulling the brush along his tail one more time.

~

"Thanks," Luna said. "Yours are nice too. I like Sakura, that's a really pretty one." She too stood, putting a restraining hand on his chest. "Lay down, Craven, I can wash the bowls." She took the bowl from him and trotted outside, washing them thoroughly before heading back inside to the warmth. "You better be off that leg, Craven!" She exclaimed as she opened the door. "You'll hurt it more by putting weight on it."