Polar

Adventures in Fantasyland

((no problem))

Brienna glanced over Hunter's quickly scrawled note and sighed, kicking off her shoes into the small closet by their door. She grabbed a bowl of grapes, popping one in her mouth as she turned on the TV. She sat on the couch, watching TV for a while before getting up to prepare dinner. She decided to make Hamburger Helper, cooking ground beef with Doctor Who playing in the background. She ate on her own, keeping the food out for Hunter when he arrived home.

~

Luna scowled, looking frustrated, rustling restlessly where she lay. "I haven't been out in over a month! I'm bored!" She complained, placing the half finished blanket aside as he rubbed her ankles. Despite him doing it all the time, it didn't help all that much. "Can we at least go for a walk around the valley? I don't want to lay around all the time, I know that's not good for me or the foal," She suggested, giving Craven a pleading look.

~

Hades smiled at Lian as she opened the door for him, and he thanked her for the biscuits and tea, sitting down. "Better now," He said with a hum. "Just finished up the report on the serial killer. Glad he's off the streets." He took a bite of the biscuit, using tea to wash it down. "How was your day? Would you like to go on a fly later?"

~

"Hey Gala," Damien said, giving her a quick kiss in greeting. "Busy. Finishing touches, that sort of thing." He rubbed a hand over her belly gently. "How was yours? Classes going well? I know I've been busy with plotting and such, but I know you've been waiting on that ultrasound, so I called in a favor. Are you free this afternoon? I already called the babysitter. Few more years and Tuck will be able to look after them." He looked at her food dubiously. "What are you eating? I hate to break it to you, but it looks kinda... gross."

Hunter came home near seven at night, dropping his snipper rifle in the closet and changing the channel to the news. "I'm sorry baby, but this is important, I think this man is one of your patients. " He said sniffing the air. "Oh, did you make hamburger helper?" He heated up the food as the news came on with breaking coverage.

Reporter:

"Today a tragedy has been stopped before it happened. Police said they got a tip of a man named Rob Mirs who stormed into a youth center shooting everything that moved, however when they arrived on the scene, all staff and children where safely evacuated to a nearby church and they discovered the man wounded in the leg and tied up with a note and a manila envelope with powerful evidence incriminating the man of premeditated attack. There were only five injuries, one staff member and four youths, they are in safe condition at the hospital today.

When we interviewed them, they said they were saved by a man in black who tackled the shooter and held him down long enough for the students can get out of the building. The hero had a mask on and got shot at three times before wounding the man and tied him up. A little girl who was grazed by a bullet in the leg who was carried outside buy this masked man, and wants to tell him thank you for saving her and hopes your ear is okay." She then moved on to the next story. Hunter's ear twitched and a hole went through the top left part of his left ear. Any further and it would have made a perfect crescent moon shape in the side. He took a bite and looked at his wife changing the channel back He wasn't married yet, however he called her wife because it was easier. "I'm fine honey. All healed by now. I just wanted to see if they had a sketch or figured out my identity. Dinner is delicious." He smiled slightly.

((Sorry for time skip with him I couldn't do anything otherwise))

--------

Craven tilted his head in thought. He got up and helped her stand. "Alright. A walk along the valley. But only because you are right, it isn't doing you or the foal good laying around all the time. You'll only take walks when I'm around though okay? I need to check my traps anyway and we can gather berries too while we are out. " He said getting a spear and a basket from in the house.

-------

Lian shook her head. "Storm is coming. Probably later tonight but still a storm. " She nodded at his statement. "I am too. Papa was killing me with the house arrest. Had to video chat with the professors. Now... where were we on our language lesson?" She said softly sipping her tea made of chamomile and Jasmine.

-----

"Um... I think it's mandarin oranges, cranberries and pickles......" She said looking at her bowl. " I just finished my morning classes and I don't have any this afternoon, professor is down with a flu. So, yes I'm free..." She winced as a kick was felt from the outside. "Kid stop playing kickball with my spleen. " She muttered down to her tummy. She had on another cute maternity shirt that said "I swallowed a seed" and a picture of a watermelon on her belly.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

"Aw, that was the good part," Brienna said with a slight pout, leaning forward to watch the newscast before shaking her head. "He's not mine, I've seen him go in and out before though." She sent him a sharp look. "You got shot? Honestly, I'm not sure I like how dangerous your job is," She grumbled, leaning against his side as he ate. "Hamburger Helper is always delicious, Hunter. It's like a general rule. Now shush, the Doctor is speaking," She tutted, kissing his cheek before returning her attention to Doctor Who.

~

Luna rolled her eyes. "Craven. They valley is flat. Hence the name. I'm not going to somehow drop into a crater. I cannot take seeing the inside of the hut for the next three months. I can walk on my own, and it's not like I'm going into the woods. Just around the valley." She waved a hand around for emphasis. "You need to lighten up. I'm not sick, or crippled, or am suffering from some sort of degenerative... disease. I don't know. The point is, I'm fine and can walk around." She paused. "You gotta give me a little freedom. Seriously."

~

"Okay," Hades said with a nod, taking a seat and stretching out a wing as an invitation for Lian to sit beside him. "It was more of a nightmare for me, I'm the one who had to track him down. At this point I'm ninety percent sure the police know I'm a vigilante and literally don't even care because I'm making their job that much easier," He said with a chuckle. "The last thing we covered was more complex sentence structures. Do you want to continue going over them or try conversation?"

~

Damien wrinkled his nose. "Sounds disgusting, but whatever. Good, glad you're free." His hand found her stomach, feeling the baby kick. "Daddy's little champ, eh?" He said with a grin. "Would you like to go to lunch beforehand, just the two of us? We haven't had much time to ourselves lately. I'd figured it be fun." He shrugged. "What do you think?"

"Yes i did, I'm fine now..." He yawned and finished his meal, cleaning up his mess and kissed her cheek before sitting down beside her. He watched the show, but at some point he fell asleep. He wasn't a fan of doctor who, not really understanding it. He had his head on her shoulder and his legs tucked under him.

----

Craven thought for a moment. "Okay, okay. As long as it's around the lake area. The forest surrounds the valley so I know you'll be safe in the valley. Just... keep an eye out for Fox and rabbit holes okay?" He said concerned, a frown wrinkling his brow. "I'm sorry dear, it's just... I can't help it. It's instinctual, you know?"

----

Lian went over and sat down with her tea and embroidery in hand, snuggling against his warm soft wing. "I would like to try a conversation. " she said softly. "Have you warn your gift yet?" She struggled to say in his language. "Did it fit well? I'm working on another one for you, and I can make adjustments to this one so it fits better. And there's a meeting at the chamber here, about minds of different blood borns there to be a Dragon learned speaker there..." She frowned and repeated carefully at the hall, about the minds of different races. There is going to be a Dragon researcher who has spoken with both types. She may help me understand what your mind is like, with two blood types inside"

-------

"Hmmmm...." she hummed in thought putting her now empty bowl in the dishwasher. "That sounds lovely... although it's not going to be just two of us. I have a ride along. "She rubbed her belly affectionately. "Let me get ready okay?" She said and waddled up the stairs with difficulty. Sitting on the bed she went to slip on her socks and couldn't reach her feet. "Honey! Can you help me with my socks and shoes please!" She called down to him. After a bit of struggling she managed to get on her socks then opted out of the shoes for a pair of memory foam mockisons then went back down stairs. "Okay, I'm ready. "She slipped on one of his hoodies then went out to the car easing herself in.

"Good," Brienna hummed, snuggling into Hunter's side when he stay back down. After several minutes she glanced over to see him asleep on her shoulder, face peaceful and breathing relatively even. She left him be, knowing how difficult it could be for him to get a good night's sleep.

~

"What, no dangerous quests for me?" Luna teased with a cheeky grin. "I won't go far, I just want to walk around. But I'll keep an eye out, if only for your sanity." She looped an arm around his waist. "I know. Your instincts and my boredom don't mix well, I must say," She said, laughing.

~

"I've worn it some at home," Hades responded in normal English. "It fits just fine, it's quite cozy." He didn't mention that he liked it because it smelled like her. "Of course, I'm not at home all that often, so it's gone a bit neglected, but I do like it." He paused, tail snaking out to curl around her waist and pull her snug to his side. "It sounds interesting, when is it?" He wrinkled his nose in thought. "I think I know why you're having trouble with my language. You're trying too hard to be... Musical, I suppose is the word, with it, when the dragon language isn't supposed to be - at least not in the typical sense. The sound should be coming more from your chest and less from your throat." His chest rumbled pointedly in what sounded similar to a growl. "Like that. You're trying too hard. Just relax, and it will come more naturally."

~

"Take your time," Damien said, looking for where he left his jacket. "Just a minute!" He called, finding it thrown over a chair and pulling it on, making it to the stairs in time to see Galadriel descending. "I would have helped, he pouted, following her outside and opening the passenger door for her before shutting it and going to the driver's side. "Where would you like to eat? Your wish is my command, just tell me where to go."

Hunter yawned, half waking and getting up, getting undressed as he stumbled to their room he had his upper arm wrapped up and his side had a bandage on it. He slipped off his shoes and shifted, curling up on the bed as a wolf.

-----

He laughed as well. "Indeed they don't my dear! But I know how stubborn you could be." He said wrapping an arm around her shoulder as they continued to walk a couple laps around the lake. "You feel better dear?" He asked concerned.

---

It is... difficult. Different. " She said trying to mimic the sound but only got something that sounded like a pathetic baby squeaking growl. "hurts my chest. I don't think I can ." She then coughed heavily, drinking her tea. She spoke in English her throat horse. "I don't think I'll ever master it. It's not like any language I've ever learned. Even Russian and German are not that deep. I'm an soprano not a baritone."

-----

"Hmm.. "She rubbed her belly. "I'm feeling like grilled stake and artichoke hearts with mashed potatoes. You know of any place that serves that combo? These cravings are driving me nuts. I can't eat my favorite food without getting sick and I'm eating things that I don't like. Like avocado, artichoke, pickles, cranberries.... that and I feel like a beached whale when I take a bath. "

((Finals are over, that goodness! Tomorrow is the last technical day of classes but I have play practice next Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, as well as a part time job, but I'll be much freer than before biggrin.gif ))

Brienna turned off the TV, following Hunter into the bedroom and tossing the clothes he was removing and tossing them into the hamper, tutting goodnaturedly and shaking her head upon seeing his bandages. She shifted, climbing into the bed and curling up next to him, nuzzling his neck in goodnight closing her eyes with a large sigh, quickly drifting off to sleep.

~

"You're my best friend - if you didn't know, I'd be concerned," Luna said with a snort and a smile. "Yes, much better. A walk was just what I needed." Her eyes landed on the plot of land he used for gardening. "When will we start planting? I love gardening." Her fingers gently prodded his midsection. "Are you ticklish?" She asked him with a grin. "You were when you were a kid."

~

Hades gave a deep chuckle at Lian's attempt at mimicking his sound. "You're adorable," He purred, planting a kiss in her hair. He tilted his head in concern upon hearing her hoarse voice, feeling slightly guilty. His hand went to her throat, knuckles rubbing lightly down her throat. "Are you alright?" He asked, eyes worried. "I'm sorry, I didn't think it would hurt you. Maybe that speaker coming can help you. I haven't really interacted with any female dragons or dragonkin, they may speak slightly differently from the males, or perhaps most just aren't built to speak that language. You do much better than most. You don't sound like a true dragon, of course, as you don't have the certain... rasp that I attempted to show you, but you'd be able to converse with no real issues. The rasp is more of an accent of sorts, rather than an essential part of the language itself." He changed the subject, ears picking up the faint sound of thunder that most humans wouldn't even detect. "How are you feeling? I can hear thunder, but it is still quite a ways away. You shouldn't be able to hear it yet." He surveyed her with concern.

~

"I have no idea about the artichoke hearts, but a steak house should have everything you just listed," Damien said, chuckling lightly. "I'm sure the cravings will go away eventually, love. And you don't look like a beached whale, you look like you're carrying a healthy little siren." He paused. "Sometime soon, I'll pawn the kids off on Waylond or Brentwood and we can have a nice day to ourselves. We can even go out for a swim, now that it's a little warmer. Sound good?" He suggested. "We haven't been able to spend enough time together, and I'm sorry about that." He pulled into a local steakhouse, getting out of the car and looping around to open Galadriel's door, offering a hand to help her out. "I think I'm going to get myself a nice bacon cheeseburger. What do you think?"

((( yae! More rp! xd.png ))

The Centaur bounced away from her hand. "Yes! I still am.." He fluffed his wings. "I was thinking after the storm... " He pointed to the dark clouds slowly moving towards them. "I'll go inform the wolfkin about our arrangement for tomorrow, you can still wonder around, but be inside before the rain. Okay?" He said wearily. "I'll be back in a jiffy." He said and kissed her cheek before leaping into the sky and taking off.

------

"I can feel it even when it's a ways away..." She says coughing to clear her throat and sipped her tea after moving his hand from her neck. She blushed at his complement. She shivered and winced. "Don't be sorry for teaching me, the brewing storm makes things worse. I ache and am chilled to the bone. I feel like a old woman during storms. "

----

"I've been equally busy with school and the kids. " She heaved herself out with his help and wadled to the door. "I would like that, but I can't shift. Not until the baby is born and he's off the milk. I don't know how to swim otherwise. Never had to learn. And I said that I feel like a beached whale, not that I look like one. Why are you asking me what I think? " she answered his question about the burger with another question. "Because I think you eating what you eat and looking like you do is nuts. Then again, I do the same..."

Luna giggled as Craven bounced away from her fingers, fluffing his wings. She wrinkled her nose in distaste as he pointed at the billowing storm clouds making way leisurely towards them. "So we'll start planting tomorrow, then?" Luna asked excitedly, eyes lighting up in child-like excitement. "That's sooner that I was expecting, but I won't complain." Her eyes widened as she had an idea. "You know what we need? More animals out here. I mean, there's this whole valley, we should get chickens or goats or something. So we can have eggs and milk, you know," She said. "What do you think?" She caught his arm before he could spring away. "Be careful, that storm looks nasty," She told him anxiously, releasing her hold on him and allowing him to leap into the sky.

~

"I know," Hades hummed. "I was just saying that I can hear the thunder now." He chuckled lightly at her blush, eyes warm but holding concern. "Are you allowed to leave the hotel? I could take you back to my home. It's smaller, and warmer, not drafty like here," He suggested gently, pulling her into his side and wrapping an arm around her shoulder. "I don't like seeing you in pain, let me know how I can help."

~

Damien puffed out a slightly disappointed sigh but didn't hold it against her, instead holding open the door for her. "Maybe we could just go to a pool or something then, and stay in the shallows. I know of a few indoor pools if you'd still like to go into the water," He suggested, lips twitching up into a smile. "If it's any consolation, I feel like you're a cute beached whale," He said, stressing the word with a grin before addressing the server. "Two please," He requested. The girl nodded, leading them to a table. He pulled out the chair for her. "It was a rhetorical question, Gala. And it's not like I sit around all day, I exercise regularly."

A server girl came to their table, flipping her bottle-blonde hair over her shoulder in a flirtacious manner. Damien resisted rolling his eyes. "Hi, I'm Shannon, and I'll be your server today. What can I get you to drink?"

"Dr. Pepper, please, no ice," Damien said, glancing at Gala. "Order whatever you'd like, love," He told her, stressing the word. The girl seemed to begrudgingly get the hint, focusing expectantly on the pregnant siren.

"I'll think on the animals." He called down as he circled around the valley then flew off to see the wolfkin making an appointment for tomorrow morning. He brought back some bags of yarn for her, landing just as the rain started pouring down in sheets. He ducked into the hut shaking his hair and flicking his tail to get them dry. He set the bag down with her yarn work and carefully dried off. He was gone for an hour or two, and was unsure if she was napping or not.

----

"I am aloud, but I don't want to. " She got up, pushing on her back and her bones popped and complained as she shuffled to the open balcony door and closed it, drawing the curtains closed. "I'd like it if you stay though. Dad trusts you. You can stay here with me, you don't have to but you welcome to if you want.." She said shuffling on back and stopped trembling rubbing her shoulders. "My scars hurt.." She whispers with a whimper. She turned her back to him and let the shoulders of her kimono drop low enough for him to see. "Are they inflamed? " she asked. Two thin crescent marks where red against her pale skin. However, two inches away from the scars, deep purple feathers of a realistic tattoo of folded wings curved below the kimono, then back up to her shoulders, where the wing joints were a pale mint green that deepens to navy as it dipped below again. She had gotten the tattoo a month ago. She had forgotten to tell Hades. Along with the wings, a wilting lotus sat between her scars with the Chinese symbol of Dragon beneath it. This she received with her father's consent, marking her in the traditional way as mate to a dragon kin.

-----

I don't mind the ocean." Gladriel responded before sitting. "I'll stay in the shallows there." Her eyes a usual laptiz blue with silver flecks darkened to navy and grey streaked as the woman made her flirting obvious. "I'd have a water with lemon please." She then turned to Damien. "You're lucky you called me a cute beached whale husband I would have flicked your nose if you hadn't. And if I had the energy. The little lamb drains me... dear goodness it's kicking again. I hope it's a boy. Then I can name him Elron. Elron Andrew Johnson. Andrew after my dad. "

((I have absolutely no idea what time it is for them))

"Yay!" Luna celebrated, beaming. She made a couple more laps around the valley and put her hooves into the shallows of the pond. When the thunder rumbled ominously overhead and lightening flashed only a few miles away, she thought it was best to go inside, going in at a quick (or at least as quick as she could manage) trot as large raindrops began to splash on the ground. She grabbed a few logs from the outside pile to replenish the stack inside and lit the fire, beginning to fix lunch. She disappeared into another room to grab some herbs as Craven stepped in. "Oh, you're back," She beamed, walking back out. "I was just fixing a bit of a late lunch. You got yarn? Thanks, I was running a little low." She listened a moment to the rapid sheets of rain falling outside. "Sounds like you got back just in time. What did the wolfkin say?"

~

Hades stood, following her with protest. "Lia, I could have gotten that, you didn't have to get up." He paused, not even taking time to consider her request. "Of course I'll stay, there's no where else I'd rather be," He said, lips turning up into a smile, however it disappeared as she whimpered. She turned, dropping the shoulders of her kimono far enough for him to see her back - the new tattoos and the angry red scars. As her back was turned, she didn't see the thunderous look that came at the sight of the red crescent scars, however the look disappeared as soon as it came, replaced by a thousand-watt smile at the tattoo used to mark that she was the mate of a dragonkin. "Why didn't you tell me you got tattoos?" He asked curiously. He wasn't angry, just confused as to why she hadn't mentioned it - getting tattooed did seem like something that would come up in general conversation. "To answer your question, they do look a little inflamed, they're rather red." His warm hands wrapped lightly over her bare shoulders. "You should go to bed, try to get warmer and more comfortable. I can lay on the top of the covers, keep you nice and toasty warm."

~

((I didn't realize the two had gotten married already blink.gif))

"Alright," Damien nodded in agreement, chuckling at Gala's annoyance towards the waitress. "Flicked my nose? Oh, I would have been simply trembling in my boots," He said with a chuckle. "I don't care what gender it is, either way we'll end up with an uneven number," He said, grinning in amusement. "As long as the baby is healthy." He paused, pondering the name. "Elrond Andrew Johnson," He tested it out. "I like it, it has a nice ring to it. Rolls easily off the tongue. Have you thought of any girl's names?"

((I thought more like dinner but okay! smile.gif ))

Craven nodded. "Indeed I did, she said she'll be at the woods in the morning, rain or snow for me to pick her up. She seemed delighted to see a Centaur at her door. " He sat down and started brushing his coat. "I knew you were, I'll get the frying pan tomorrow for you. It smells lovely." He said indicating the stew. "Perfect for a chilly rainy day. "

------

She looked up at him, his dark figure stark contrast to her own pale complication. "I got so used to hiding them from dad, that I forgot to tell you I finished my drawing and gotten it. " She flushed. "And I wanted the other one to be a... surprise..." She murmured softly. "There's aloe Vera gel in the dressing table, first drawer on the left. Could you put some on the marks please? It soothes it. Then I'll get in bed. Feel free to order food if you'd like..."

-----

((They're not, she just said that to make a point to the waitress. Kinda like how hunter isn't married yet, but still calls bre his wife.))

"I don't want it to be a girl. I have a name in mind but I'm not saying it. It may jinx it. I want a boy. " She says simply and flipped to the stake menu. "Bingo! Exactly what I want! " She looked up at him. "When the baby is officially yours you can get a say in the names."

((4ish sound good? That still justifies "late lunch" imo))

"Great," Luna said with a grin, stirring the stew. "I'm excited for that pan, believe it or not. We'll be able to eat something other than stew," She told him with a giggle. "Stew is perfect for a rainy day, I have to agree," She nodded. "It should be almost ready now." She pulled a startled face for a moment. "Foal is kicking, you want to feel?" She asked him, placing her hand over her pregnant belly.

~

Hades quirked a smile. "I understand. Don't worry, my little songbird," He rumbled in a dialect different from usual draconian, "I am surprised, and very pleased. I would get a tattoo if it weren't for the fact that there isn't exactly much room," He shrugged before nodding. "Of course, give me just a moment." It only took him a minute to locate the gel. He returned to his previous place, wings stretching to circle and conceal her from view should anyone decide to come in without knocking. He rubbed the aloe on with gentle motions. "There we are. Better?" He hummed lightly. "Do you need to change before getting into bed?" He asked her. He hadn't moved from his current position, perfectly content to tower behind her, wings blocking any stray drafts of air from hitting her already shivering frame.

~

"Why not a girl?" Damien asked curiously. He hadn't realized Gala had such an aversion to the idea. His lips curled into a smile as he saw her delight, he too finding the food he wanted. He gave a mock pout. "The baby is as good as mine as it is. Need I remind you who will be gladly raising it alongside you?" He asked with a quirked eyebrow. "Though I like that name anyways, no complaints from me." The waitress returned with their drinks, setting them down in front of their respective owners with a polite smile.

"Here you go, and here are your straws. Would you like to order now or do you need a few more minutes?" She asked, setting two straws in front of them.

"We should be ready," Damien said, shutting his menu. "I'll have the bacon cheeseburger with a baked potato as a side instead of fries."

"Salt, butter, and sour cream?" The waitress clarified, scribbling down his order.

"That's fine, thanks," Damien nodded. "Gala?"

Craven looked in wonder as he felt the foal move. "Is that the baby?" He asked, a giddy smile on his face. "I can't believe I'm going to be a dad." He grinned and danced on his hooves with joy.

---

She nodded. "I'm not changing here though. Not in front of you..."She said shyly fixing her kimono. "Could you.... move your wings please so I can go behind the screen to change?" She asked hesitantly. "It feels better now, thank you. "

-----

"Because I can't name her a Lord of the rings name. " She says. "I'll have the stake that's medium rare, mashed potatoes with no garlic and the grilled artichoke hearts." She told the lady.

"Yes," Luna giggled, amused at his excitement. "You'll be a great dad," She said confidently. "You'll teach it how to hunt and trap and I'll teach it how to cook and knit and other useful things like that," She beamed. "Stew is ready," She said, ladling some into a bowl for him before getting some herself. "It's as good as it smells, I think. Do you like it?"

~

"Of course not," Hades said easily, snapped out of his reverie. He stepped away, turning around for good measure. "Don't worry, I won't peek," He told her, giving a mock salute. "I'm glad your back is feeling better."

~

Damien laughed. "That's why you don't want a girl? Gala, I'm sorry, but I find that rather funny. You could always look for Lord of the Rings style names, rather than names direct from the series. I can't say it's easy finding girl's names in that series." The waitress had already disappeared after receiving their orders. "So once we find out the gender, do you want to go shopping for the nursery?" He asked her, taking a sip of his drink.

Craven nodded, trying to keep the stew from dripping on his shirt as he shoveled in spoonfuls of the stew into his mouth. He swallowed and wiped his mouth before talking. "It's delicious! I'm going to have seconds.." He laidled out more to his already empty bowl. "I agree, and I can teach them to carve wood. "

-----

Lian smiled slightly at his gentlemanly behavior, shuffling over to the screen and undressing behind it. She was getting on her nightgown when the rain started going hard. She was braiding her hair when a sudden white flash split the sky followed shortly by a crack of thunder that rattled the skyscraper's windows. With a shriek Lian darted out from behind the screen, so fast she clipped the side and knocked it over before diving beneath the Egyptian cotton sheets of the large California king bed. Her hair was still hanging out from behind the covers as she became a trembling ball, nearly hidden under the plush comforter.

----

"Sure! I'd like to get things set up before the baby comes. I've already painted the walls. Because it's a siren, animals are important thing to development since we shift between the ages of three to six. So, I did a underwater theme with sharks dolphins and seals and sea lions on one wall, crocs, gaters, water snakes and other freshwater animals on another then a forest on two remaining walls. Tuck insisted I put the entire wolf family on the wall from mained wolves; that aren't actually a wolf but I didn't want to tell him that, African wild dogs, timber, red arctic, Mexican, etcetera and I added a couple bears and foxes. "

Luna snickered at him, shaking her head fondly. "Help yourself," She told him, eating in a much more civilized fashion. She too got seconds, once she was finished with her first bowl. "I'll be sure to make this again," She said. "Well, the foal will have a great teacher," She said with a confident smile, taking another sip of her stew. Another rumble of thunder rolled overhead, the rain renewing its assault against the roof. "Wow, it's really pouring outside," She said thoughtfully, setting her bowl aside as she finished. "What are we going to do for the rest of the day? I'll knit, I suppose. I'm getting close to finishing the baby blanket. I could start on a pillow, maybe?" She thought aloud.

~

Hades heard the rain begin to fall, gentle at first, and then faster, eventually beating mercilessly against the building. Perhaps it was best he didn't take her out, Hades mused. They would have been rained. It wasn't that he particularly disliked water, but he wasn't a fan of getting rained on. Especially when flying - it made it hard to see. Thunder roared overhead - louder than he would have expected, but they were a floor below the penthouse. The loud pitch of noise didn't startle him, but did make him clap his hands over his ears with a grunt of displeasure at the unexpected noise. Lian's startled shriek, however, caught his attention, causing him to turn in time to see her dart under the covers. His hands fell, staring in surprise at her still-swaying hair as she hid under the covers. He made his way quickly to her, concerned, and curled around her, pulling her back to his chest. "Shh, it's alright," He soothed, tail snaking around to lay gently around the exposed parts of her midsection. Thunder cracked again, and he refrained from wincing at the noise, which was loud against his sensitive hearing. "I'm here, the storm can't get you."

~

Damien grinned. "Sounds like a plan. I'm sure it looks great. Why didn't you mention it? I could have helped. And it explains why he was muttering about wallpaper the other day," He said with a chuckle. "There better be a leopard seal on there somewhere," He teased. Their food came pretty quickly, as rain was beginning to pour outside. "That's going to be fun to drive in," He remarked idly. "Thanks," He said to the waitress. She left after making sure they didn't need anything else. "Dig in," Damien said with a grin, taking a bite of his burger. "Mm, this is very good."

"Maybe... and I can continue to make the crib " He said wincing at the storm. He started to pin up leathers on spots of the roof to prevent leaks. "With this rain, the lake will swell. Good news, the rivers would swell too bringing more fish in. However this wind could do serious damage to the woods. I'd have to check on that in the morning. " He said once finished, taking up a knife and a half carved branch, flicking bits of wood in to the fire.

-----

Lian peeked out from under the covers at him between thunder claps. She wrapped her hand around his tail, holding it to her chest for comfort and the other slipped inside a drawer on her bedside table. Rummaging around, and ducking under the covers with each roll, she eventually pulled out a pair of ear plugs and set them in his hand before rolling over and pressing her trembling body against his chest, head turned to hear his heart beat. She still cling to his tail, trying to focus on outlining the scales there, counting them. She managed to get to ten or fifteen before a thunder clap startled her, causing her to pull the covers, and his wing over her, curling up under it like a nesting bird sobbing softly in fear. "I hurt! I hurt! Make it stop!" She cried holding her ears.

----

Galadriel took his hand. "Darlin you've been working till late, and sometimes so dog gone tired that you don't even undress before falling asleep. It was something I could have handled, and besides, it's been stressful last few months, painting, well art in general helps calm me down." She let go as the food came and she cut into her stake with eagerness. "Even better, I've made a leopard seal stuffed animal for the baby and a arctic seal too. Its blanket is made from the same cloth I made your scarf from so it looks like your skin. " she looked out at the rain taking a bite of meat. She hums at the melty taste then swallowed. "This is amazing! It's been so long since I've seen the rain. I've always loved storms like this. It's fun to watch. "

"It sounds kinda weird, but I like storms," Luna commented. "They're loud, sure, but afterwards everything seems so fresh," She mused, as thunder rumbled again, not quite as loud as before. She picked up her knitting needles, working on finishing the blanket. "You want me to knit you a hat or something? It can still be chilly out in the mornings, it can freeze a person's ears off," She said. "Hey Craven? Have you ever..." She bit her lip, debating on whether or not to finish her sentence. She seemed to make a decision. "Have you ever kissed a girl?" She asked, flushing slightly. "Just curious, you know."

~

Hades blinked, rolling the earplugs in his hand. "Don't you wear these?" He asked with a quizzical glance. He didn't jump at the thunder - or even react at all - and cradled her carefully to his chest. "It's alright, it's just thunder... that's not helpful," He said, offering her the earplugs. "At least put in these, they'll help with the noise. I can't do anything about the storm, that's really not my area." He lay quiet, feeling completely helpless. "What hurts? How can I help?"

~

"I suppose you're right," Damien grudgingly admitted, looking sheepish. "I haven't left you feeling neglected, have I?" He asked her, looking concerned. "You made a leopard seal stuffed animal? That's so cool, Gala. Just don't tell Tuck, or he'll want a wolf stuffed animal to go right along with our two," He told her, laughing. "It is fun to watch storms. They're so powerful... it's incredible, you know? Reminds us of how small we are compared to everything else in the universe, ya know?"

Craven nicked his thumb at her question and sucked on the little wound setting down his knife with a shaky hand. "I w-would like a hat and maybe a scarf..." He said softly not looking at her. He was silent for a moment. "I've dated once or twice but I'm... I didn't feel anything towards them so.... no... I haven't. " He stood and started pacing around the hut feeling ridiculous for admitting that to her. It wasn't like he was throwing himself at the mares, it was the opposite, and he just didn't... care. "W-well, I lost you, or thought I did and I just.. felt empty. I only went out with a couple mares because I felt bad for being so cold towards them... it just... couldn't be helped...."

----

"Tell me silly stories... stupid jokes. Anything to help me forget about this wretched thing!" She half shouted half whimpers. "Everything hurts! My flesh, my bones, my heart and head... just make it go away... go away.... " she whispers, shaking her head at the ear plugs but still holding her ears. Her fear rolled off of her she peeked at him, hair mused and in her face, eyes wide like a startled horse's, pupils two tiny pin pricks in a sea of white with pools of amethyst. "You're my mate.... mixed blood or not, your heart is mine. Just listen to it instead of your head you baka!" She flinched more at her calling him a fool then the storm itself, she had stopped crying only moments ago, but now a fresh wave of tears started. "I'm sorry! I'm so sorry to say that to you! You're just stubborn and I love you for that... you're stronger then me.. please, just don't let me go. Hold me tightly,not like a China doll... "

---

She nodded. "Like I haven't put enough wolves on the walls. He's set on a wolf. I'd laugh it it turns into a horse instead. " she grinned, pushing her empty plate to the side. "You ready to go? I want to see who this little one is.

Luna nodded. "I'll start working on those as soon as I can," She said, watching him worriedly as he nicked his thumb. He stammered through an answer to her question - Craven seemed almost embarrassed at the answer. She hadn't kissed anyone besides York, and she didn't think that counted - she did it unwillingly and hadn't enjoyed it. Heaving herself to her hooves as he mumbled his answer, she walked over to him, looping her arms around his waist and looking up at him. A glimmer of a smile graced her face. "I understand," She said, regarding his uncertain features. Her pale eyes studied his face: the swoop of his jaw and the troubled pinch of his brow. Her hand found his cheek, cupping it. Feeling suddenly brave, she reached upwards, her lips pressing gently against his. After a moment, Luna seemed to realize what she was doing, stepping back with flushed cheeks. "I-I'm sorry, Craven, I wasn't thinking," She stammered, looking down at the flickering flames as the rain pattered incessantly against the roof. Another roll of thunder echoed across the valley.

~

Hades let out a puff of frustrated air that billowed with warmth from his lungs. He wasn't able to fire breath, like some dragonkin, but his breath was still much warmer than that of a normal man's. He wasn't frustrated at Lian, per se, more at his inability to do little more than distract her from the storm. "I will do what I can," He said, thinking. He was pleased to notice her tears had ebbed as she began to speak again, lashing out in her pain and calling him a fool. His lips twitched upwards into a bemused smile. "Don't cry, my little songbird," He soothed, using a finger to gently brush away her tears. He tightened his grip on her, pulling her snug against his chest with no intention of releasing her. The feral part of him purred in approval. "I will tell you the tale of the first dragon. This was one told to me by another dragon on one of my travels. The story begins shortly after mankind began, when dinosaurs still roamed the earth. There was one that was much more clever than the others, and sought out the council of the first mage..."

~

"His face would be priceless," Damien laughed, paying the bill. "I'm ready. Shall we?" He asked, standing and offering her his arm. He lead her back to the car, using the umbrella he had brought in with them and helping her into the passenger side. He drove them to a nearby hospital. "We have an appointment with Dr. Rassel." He told the woman.

"Sure. Name?" She asked, looking bored.

"Janet Foreman," He said, using a faux name in place of Galadriel's name as an added precaution.

"You and your wife can go sit down, the doctor will be with you shortly," The lady said.

"Thank you," Damien said with a gracious smile, leading Gala to a seat. "I had to use a faux name," He murmured. "Makes it harder to be found."

It wasn't long before the fake name was called, and they followed a young nurse back to a room. She took Gala's blood pressure and a few other readings. "Just lay down here, and Dr. Rassel will be in soon."

Damien squeezed Galadriel's hand. "Excited?" He asked with a smile as the nurse left.

A few more minutes passed before a middle aged woman entered, closing the door behind her. "Mr. Johnson, it's nice to see you. I was surprised by your call, but pleased none the less. Congratulations, on the little one. You've always had a way with children, sir."

Damien gave an easy, yet guarded, smile. His body language had changed: he was tenser than before, and his aura changed to something a little more intimidating. "We're ready to find out the gender."

"Of course. This will be cold," The doctor warned, rubbing gel on Galadriel's large belly and pressing the wand to it. "There it is. Let's see, now..."

((You can handle the rest, I assume tongue.gif))

Craven stood frozen in the hut, his feathers had fluffed out in surprise at her action. His dark chocolate eyes surrounded by a blush. "Um.. I .... " his tail swiched. "I didn't mind..." He says looking down, realizing his thumb was still bleeding, pain forgotten in that moment. He wrapped a small strip of cloth around it. "Besides... we are mates aren't we?" He asked softly glancing at her shifting on his hooves.

-----

She sniffles and wiped her face on the sleeve of her nightgown. She hummed a tune softly in content at his warmth and closeness, the heat easing the ache slowly although not entirely, it was still a small comfort to her. Head on his chest, listening to the rumble of his voice as he told the story. "I thought they were born from fire..." she said. "Please continue. "

------

Gladriel flinched slightly at the cold of the gel watching the screen as the granny black and white image of a growing child appeared on the computer screen. The baby moved as it it was trying to get away from the wand pressing in on it's space. "Ah there we go, it looks like it's a girl!" The doctor said gleefully. Gladriel huffed and looked at the ceiling blankly. "Something wrong miss?" She asked.

"Jupiter Jones Starr Johnson." Gladriel responded softly. "Come again ma'am?" "I promised my dad, if I had a daughter instead of the son I wanted, I'd name her Jupiter. I had a twin who died at five days after birth from development complications. Her name was Jupiter Jones Starr. That would be her name. Jupiter Jones Starr. JJ. Still... I wanted a boy. The next kid better be a boy. " she looked pointedly at Damian like he could choose a boy or a girl. "If it's not a boy, you'll get a nice scar on your as. "

((Almost forgot about that ^_^))

Luna would be surprised if her face wasn't permanently red. "Oh," She said quietly, a smile curling her lips upwards. "I'm glad." She shuffled her hooves awkwardly, watching as he quickly wrapped a strip of cloth around his sliced finger. "Sorry about your finger," She said apologetically, before nodding. "Yes, of course. I think so. Maybe we should kiss again to make sure," She said, looking up at Craven's red face with a gentle teasing smirk.

~

Hades chuckled, a tendril of fire snaking around to brush her cheek. The fire, since it came from his being, couldn't harm her. Even if he wanted it to, the fire wouldn't harm her. "Technically, yes. I'm getting to that part. This dinosaur, both cunning and brave, was to be the sire of both the Northern and Southern breeds. I'll leave you to determine who got what traits," He said with amusement. "The dinosaur sought the council of the first mage, for he had grown bored of the slowness of his brethren and instead wished for power and greatness. Now the mage, too, was clever, and sensed such a dinosaur could endanger his fledgling race. So the mage cunningly agreed to help the dinosaur, leading the beast to the top of an active volcano. The mage explained that in order to achieve his wishes, the dinosaur must bathe in fire. This was, of course, intended to destroy the dinosaur. However, to make it believable, the mage performed a ritual of death as the dinosaur plummeted into the lava. But this backfired, when instead, the dinosaur reemerged as the first dragon, bearing mighty wings and breathing fire from his jaws. The mage realized his mistake but it was much too late for anything to be done - however, the first dragon, whose name was Kur, did not wish to harm the mage, instead bringing him all sorts of riches as a thanks for what the mage had done." He paused, watching lazily as another tendril of fire swirled around on the underside of his wing. "That's the story of how Kur became the first dragon. But I'll also tell you the story of his mate. Now, after many years passed Kur became lonely, wishing for a she-dragon with which to share his life with. So he began his search for his mate, scouring the world for a dragoness, but alas, found none. However, when he was returning, he stumbled upon a young female dinosaur, who was being harassed by males much older than her. In an act of kindness Kur chased them off with billowing fire and roars, blocking the young she-dinosaur with his body. His fire, though it washed over her, didn't harm her, and when their eyes met Kur realized this was the one he was looking for. So, returning with her to the mage, she too was changed into a dragon. And so, Kur and Hora began the race of dragons." He smiled fondly at the tale. "Is that anything like the tales you were told? Humans tend to get things wrong, words get lost in translation, that sort of thing." He nuzzled her hair. By the end of his story the claps of thunder were quieter and less frequent.

~

Damien stared at the screen, enraptured, as the doctor announced that it would be a girl. "I'm gonna have a baby girl," He said gleefully, before catching Galadriel's face and quickly sobering. "Jupiter Jones Starr, that's a nice name," Damien offered weakly, gulping at the look Galadriel sent his way. "I'd like to promise but I'm not sure that's something I can, erm, control," He rubbed the back of his neck. The doctor looked amused. How the pregnant woman could change him from intimidating crime boss to awkward school boy, she'd never know. But she doubted anyone else would see him like that.

"I'll schedule you another appointment for a few weeks from now. I want to make sure the baby develops healthily, with all you went through early in your first trimester, though little JJ appears to be just fine." She said.

"Thanks Doctor," Damien said with a smile. "I appreciate the help. Perhaps you'll get a promotion soon," He said with a wink, and the doctor smiled indulgently. The pull the man had was absolutely incredible. "You ready to go, Gala?"

Craven was surprised his blush spread from his face down to his neck. He nodded and swallowed hard. He took three deep breaths and leaned over to kiss her but missed and hit her cheek. He covered his head with his wings in embarrassment. "I'm sorry, I don't know how..."

------

She was enthralled by the flame, giggling as it tickled her and waved her hand through it amazed that it was warm, but didn't burn her. She looks up at him when his story was done. "I've heard it was a female who burst forth from a volcano after a mage's spell to calm it went wrong. She was with eggs at the time, and from one hatched one of the first  north, and the south. Brothers hatched from one egg fought to become king, the next egg came two dragonesses who also fought for who was to be king, and eventually split into the two types we know today. I like your story better. Less fighting. Kur and hora. Both beautiful and strong names. " she mused. 

---

Yeah I am." She said, then tried to get up. "Wait. I got this. Hurgh!" She struggled like a turtle caught on it's back for a couple minutes. "Okay, help me up. You know I'm only kidding about that sweetheart?" She cooed at Damian. "The only scar you'd get from me is the one where I bite you during labor. "