Jazeki

Christmas Speculation Thread

I'm hoping for a dragon that's mostly gold myself. Gold and white, perhaps? I know that sounds a little too much like Snow Angels, but I really love gold at Christmas time, haha.

Perhaps a dragon based around holiday singing and music? Dragons may not speak, but they do make vocal noises so I don't think it'd be completely out there to have one that has a voice that is very melodious-sounding to human ears.

Edited by Ripan

Weeeellll...For me...

Seeing how this is my first Christmas on here,

the goal is to make as much room to snag as many Christmas dragons as I can, much like I did with Halloween ones.

Lining won't matter much to me. (just not inbreeds is my big goal)

But if anyone has any tips, that'd be gr8 m8s :0 :0 :0

Tips for people who are having their first DC Christmas:

-Ask yourself if you care about lineages. If not, skip this step. smile.gif If you do, are there any that you already know you want? Think of what lineages you want ahead of time, and make a list. Make plans. Arrange trades if you can, but leave some spaces to hunt the AP too, because something will show up there that you didn't think of, and you'll love it.

-If you arrange to trade with someone, plan ahead of time when you'll be able to send/receive the egg(s). I've been stuck holding people's eggs for hours due to timezone differences, and you don't want to be locked with an egg that's not even yours.

-Raise all the reds that you possibly can. If you got through Halloween okay then you'll be fine, but if this is your first holiday, trust me, however many you have, it isn't enough. Have some pinks (and aeons) on hand, too, since both hollies and mistletoes can be influenced, and also some extra magis if you want to trade.

-Stop using incubate soon, within the next few days. We are about 2 weeks out from the 25th, and if you stop using it now, all your reds will be off of cooldown and ready to go by Christmas day. The same goes for the other BSAs, but incubate is the most useful and has the longest cooldown.

-Always in the past, the new Christmas dragon has dropped for three days. Remember that you don't need to grab it right away. If you can be online at DC midnight when they start dropping, go to the AP and hunt there. People will decide they want the new dragon more than what they've got, and they'll drop eggs that can be hatched in a few hours. This is one place those saved-up incubates can come in handy.

-Even with no trophy, if you have enough reds you should be able to get at least one of each of the old Christmas breeds. If you have a higher trophy level this will be easy. With a gold trophy I raised more than 20 Christmases last year, and some people manage more.

-Holly and Aegis will be hardest to catch. Hollies, everyone expects to be scarce, but Aegis will be hard because nobody has more than 2 to breed, so there are fewer eggs to go around. Last year it was Misletoes.

-Lag is going to be horrible for a while right after midnight on the 19th, when breeding begins, and when the new ones drop. It's a fact, you just have to work around it.

A lot of this is stuff I wish I'd been told before my first DC Christmas, so I hope it helps some people!

Edited by Amberfly

Hoping for some news on CB prizes...

PRAYING there isn't another raffle, here.

And working on lines I have - RED Nebbies and WMs, Golds and WMs, Mints and Wrapping wings. I'll just trawl the AP looking.

Edited by fuzzbucket

I'd actually be cool with a darker hued dragon this year-- something with deep navy blues, or greens, or blacks. Something that makes you feel cold just by looking at it. A bit opposite of what many would consider in the spirit of Christmas, but I'm freezing cold right now and misery loves company.

I'm looking forward to finally being able to unlock the Aegis S2 hatchling sprite.

I wonder if we'll get a brown Christmas dragon this year. It just occurred to me how much the color brown is connected to the season. Hot chocolate, roasted chestnuts, reindeer, Christmas pudding, etc. Plus, The Nutcracker is a very famous Christmastime ballet. And nuts tend to be brown.

Although, it would be really clever if there was a Jewish-themed Christmas dragon one year. Just a thought. tongue.gif

Although, it would be really clever if there was a Jewish-themed Christmas dragon one year. Just a thought. tongue.gif

Wouldn't that just be a Hanukkah dragon since they don't celebrate Christmas?

Wouldn't that just be a Hanukkah dragon since they don't celebrate Christmas?

I guess it would be. IDK, I just thought it would be a bit of a tip of the hat to the other Winter holidays.

Personally, I probably won't be breeding my X-Mas dragons unless someone requests a specific pairing.

My main goal will be Holly hunting and Cave hunting. In past holidays during the 1 week breeding rush while most were busy with collecting previous holiday dragons, I've managed to catch some pretty nice things from the less crowded biomes xd.png.

Also, while I understand why some want the raffle gone (myself included to a certain degree) I'm still hoping we get something.

Edited by Isuzu

Is everyone set for the start of holiday breeding? I suspect that if the 19th is the start, tomorrow is the last day to comfortably pick up eggs and have them hatch on the 19th (with incubation).

After picking up a Kingcrowne, I'm now officially not taking any more eggs in order to make sure I can get everything hatched on time. I'll breed everything on the first day, make sure my friends get the eggs they've asked for, and start picking through the AP for anything I can't resist while making sure to leave some spots open for anything nice I find on my biome runs.

I'm looking forward to seeing what this year's event and dragon will be, but I'm really not hoping for anything specific where the dragons are concerned. With the event, I just hope it works properly for everyone!

Any guesses when the Christmas event will begin? I was expecting it to start today.

Thought so too. unsure.gif

Today would have been perfect, it's back to work tomorrow morning after all. sad.gif

The event and breeding start on the 19th, so we're one day off.

Ah, just saw it, too. smile.gif

Won't be able to breed any dragons before late in the evening then. sad.gif Ah well.

Edited by Arlessiar

Wait, that's tomorrow!! blink.gif Time to get ready. And I can't wait to see another AP holiday wall!