Jazeki

Christmas Speculation Thread

It's that time of year again...holiday/Christmas release time. What are you doing to get ready? What are you hoping for with the event? Will you be breeding past dragons? What do you hope for with the new release?

For sure breeding my lower gen hollies, and maybe some of my SA lines...mostly tho, I will be in the ap hunting for pretty things.

Time for me to find my Christmas breeding list, but I am definitely breeding these 2:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/S2Mru

http://dragcave.net/lineage/WKZPL

I have a pair from that same line~

I'm going to finish catching up on my December Event x Ice/Winter/Frostbite 2nd Gen collection (except for Hollies, obviously) and working on my sunset Solstice x Green Nebula checker this year. Really hoping I can find at least one 3rd Gen bloodswap for the Solstice. |D;

As for the new release: I'd be fine with something a bit simpler. I still think that it'd be neat to have a drake/pygmy/two-headed release, but it's not likely. A non-western dragon would be the next best thing.

Edited by 11th

Not doing much to prepare, but I'm excited to breed holidays from my Yulebucks for the first time. Also, I don't have any other Christmas holiday dragons so I'm definitely going to be stalking the AP for some great lineages.

This is a long shot, but it'd be cool if there could be a Christmas xenowyrm smile.gif

I'll be breeding Christmas holidaykin again next week and then I'll be gearing up for the holiday when I'll be breeding Christmas dragons for people who requested them and for trading. I'll also hopefully be able to collect tons of Aegis dragons.

I hope this year's event is a little more user friendly/exciting than the Halloween one was. I also hope we get a purple dragon or some other less traditional color.

My favourite December Holiday events have been both last year's Jolly Follies and the Holiday Tales of 2011, but I also liked the Gingerbread house baking very much. happy.gif

And I'm almost done doing my test breedings for the season. The last remaining ones are being stubborn because their mates are on the rare/uncommon side. I should have thought of that earlier. sleep.gif

As for my catching goal this year I'm aiming for one high goal: I hope to catch a 2nd gen Aegis with gold shimmer scale so I'll be able to make a checker.

I'm rather pleased that we've had a few dragons coloured in something other than red and green, so I hope that's a continuing trend.

Goodness, what more holiday themes could come out this year? Perhaps something plant-based, aside form mistletoe and holly, like poinsettia or christmas rose? Or perhaps that theme is getting worn out?

Or maybe a little dragon like certain evasive little helpers? wink.gif

Edited by Ripan

I'm planning on dedicating my time to getting pretty hollies, but I think it's unlikely, hahaha. xd.png I always do but I can't help but pick up other dragons and then get locked on pretty lineages lol xd.png

As for the event, I hope we can enter a raffle by doing it...

As per usual: A Raffle with my name on a winning ticket. tongue.gif

I'd settle for Trader's Canyon / The Store, though.

I am not preparing for Christmas because I got so overwhelmed trying to manage the whole holiday lineage thing and figuring which dragon needs what mate, which holidays I still need etc that I just gave up prior to halloween and simply went with the flow. I had terrible net availability on halloween so I couldn't breed my hoard of dragguns for community sad.gif But I'm going to fix that mistake on Christmas by breeding to AP first and then moving on to collecting. I hope I will get some 2G aegis dragons with nice pairings, I missed their release last year. Enraged aegis looks so cool!!

As for release expectations, I am hoping for prize dragons to be available one way or other. It might be too soon (coding completion wise assuming it's getting worked on in secret) for trader canyon to be released, but maybe just an announcement that something is there in this regard to look forward to? We've received pretty fabulous releases and general updates this year, so I'm expecting to be thrilled once again. biggrin.gif

In preparation, I'll do some more Christmas holidaykin breeding, especially with more recent species. I'm looking forward to the new holiday release and of course hunting great lineages on the AP. And if DC granted me a wish, I'd wish for a continuation of the Valkemarian Tales, IMO the best Xmas event ever. biggrin.gif

I plan on breeding all my CB Christmas dragons; hope to catch some 2g Aegis dragons and I too would love a continuation of Valkemarian Tales. I still love to play it biggrin.gif

I'm basically as ready for this Xmas breeding season as I can be. Almost all my dragons are paired with matching mates, although several of them look like they will be single and unbred this year. Such is life! Looking forward to raising as many AP finds as possible, like always.

I'm hoping we see the raffle or raffle-replacement this year, not having a chance (however small) at Prizes was a bummer for me last year. I'm also really hoping to see the first holiday Twoheaded and/or Drake this Xmas/Vday release - it would be awesome to see them get some love during the holidays! I wouldn't mind a second holiday Pygmy either, honestly.

I have my list of dragons to breed for my own lineage projects - to be honest I'm not certain I'll be able to fit them all in and collect the new dragons, so I shall ha ve to prioritise.

I shall also breed all the other Christmas dragons I have and send the eggs to the AP.

I have a couple of eggs I want to breed to try to trade - again we'll see if I can squeeze those in.

Otherwise, I'm just looking forward to the new dragons.

I really, really hope the event this year will be a lot more user-friendly and inclusive and less time consuming than last year's was. I'm hoping for something nice and low key and simple but fun.

I really, really hope we get a shot at obtaining CB prizes one way or another. Aside from the latter, I don't particularly care much for holidays since owning CBs of previous years is impossible, therefore limiting breeding. I'll just get to catching previous and this year's dragon(s). Getting low-gen hollies seems pretty far-fetched too, so I don't expect all that much to be honest.

Forever hoping for old holidays to be rereleased. Other than that, looking forward to another joyful Christmas.

Forever hoping for old holidays to be rereleased. Other than that, looking forward to another joyful Christmas.

That would be awesome...considering I don't have any... ohmy.gif but I can hope!

Yes! This would be great! smile.gif

The last Christmas dragon I have is from 2011. I'll be trying to play catch-up this year.

I'm going to try to get a complete selection of 8 dragons of each holiday breed. Of most of them I already have 7, so that shouldn't be a big problem. I'll hunt the AP to see if I'll run into interesting lineages smile.gif

I'm planning to breed all my holidays for the joy of others. If anyone happens to have a request, I'll be happy to help smile.gif I've got several confirmed pairings, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem smile.gif

As for the event, I'm hoping we'll be able to continue with the Valkemarian Tales as well. That was a fun game. I only now found out I can actually play it again!

Also, I think it would be fun/nice if we could send each other gifts/tags like we could a few years ago in addition to the tales. I liked that smile.gif

For the release, I'm kinda hoping for another Eastern dragon. I know the special breeds (like the pygmies and such) are probably a very long shot, so I'm not keeping my hopes up for that.

ETA: BTW, what is Trader's Canyon? I think I haven't heard about that one yet smile.gif

Edited by Sheriziya

I hope it shall be something christmas-light or aurora based. I love how they glow and twinkle, and a dragon with them would look very cool.