AroaraAngelwolf

Little Black fox

He took several deep breaths. "I don't want to ruin our friendship but... but um... I ..." He shifted on his feet. "My kind does things quickly.. so um..I... I'm not sure how to say this, but I like you. I mean I really like you. I don't know how you feel,but I understand if you don't think of me like that.." His ears popped out of his illusion and went to the sides of his head.

At first, Xira was uncertain as to what the male was trying to say. Ruin their friendship? What could possibly cause such a disarray? Her brows furrowed in the slightest, the woman concerned until he confessed...confessed his love. Her face turned a deep shade of red, baffled and too astounded as to how to respond, much less react to his declaration. "Lucifer....I-I don't know what to say.....though I commend your courage in confronting me about it..." In fact, it made her stop and realize just what she felt towards him. How did she see him? Over the course of the past times they've spent together she had to admit that there was just....something more to him than she would let on. The urge, the need to always be with him, the way she'd admire and gaze upon him when he himself wasn't looking. The way he made her feel that no other man could ever accomplish.....was that what she was feeling? Could she too be falling for the male? But that was the thing....he was a fox. Granted he could shift, could it still cause complications? Would he leave her like the others? Or even because she wasn't a vixen? So many fears, so many thoughts raced through her head. It was almost too much.

She tried to voice her next response but nothing would come out, not a single sound. Was she too afraid, too nervous to confess? Shifting her gaze to the floor she hugged her arms close to her chest thinking of someway she could tell him. Thankfully Aster was there to help. The avian looked to Lucifer and with a nod of his head, similar to that of an approval, his wings opened and he ascended to the space above. It was his cue to leave the two in peace as they worked things out and with a gentle call, he was gone. Had slipped through the open door without another sound.

His ears went up when she spoke, then as she trailed off they went down again. His look turned pained. Was it too early? She didn't feel the same way about him ... it didn't look that way at least. He turned away, and in his loss of self composure, his illusion on himself lifted his nails elongating to claws and sprouted a tail.

He moved to put away a few scrolls and set up his father's katana on the mantel place. He moved slowly and spoke nothing. Was it because he wasn't human? "It's okay if you don't feel the same." He finally said in a whisper after nearly emptying his create. "I understand..."

The druid bit her lip, clearly her actions hurt him. And that was enough to make her regret the way she went about the situation. She had let him down enough that even his illusion faded to nothing. "....Lucifer..." She didn't want to reject him, but she was so afraid that her thoughts got the best of her. But...it didn't have to be that way.

Snapping from her trance she willed herself to move, to speak- to take action. Walking over to the male she grasped one of his hands tightly, his back facing her as she spoke her words. "No....no that's not what I ment." He deserved every right to know how she felt, and if this was the way to steal his attention, then so be it. "Lucifer, look at me." It came off more as a command than she liked, even made her heart race with adrenaline...and something else. Could that be.....his doing?

He gently slipped his fingers out of hers, and turned to look at her with saddened green eyes. "Please... You don't have to say anything, I'm okay with it really." He said softly.

((I can't think straight right now sorry))

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

She sighed heavily, her gentle eyes holding his gaze. "No, please let me say this...please." The druid took a deep breath, gazing at the floor once more. "It's....it's not that I don't want to be more than friends with you Lucifer, honestly. I'm just....afraid that I won't be the right one for you." She shifted on her feet nervously, her amber orbs meeting his green ones. "I mean....I can't shift like you nor am I a vixen by nature...and I thought you wanted that, not a druid like me." Xira looked away, blinking back her watery eyes. "I just want you to be happy Lucifer..."

((Its okay, take your time c: ))

He snorted and followed the curve of her cheek with the back of his fingers. "I am." He said softly his thumb pad travelling over her lips. "Vixen, shifter, human... it doesn't matter. My people listen to our instincts, and mine tell me to provide, protect, comfort, cherish and tend to you. I can't ignore it. When such things happen, we know we have found our match. You're perfect. Would you think I'd be happier with a woman who scolds me for doing dangerous things than one like you who would probably get angry if I didn't let you tag along?" He smirked a little.

"I live for many life times, and I've seen druids older than my mother still looking in their prime. You can't shift now but you asked me to teach you and I will... when you feel like you're ready to do it I'll be there. But even if you weren't or aren't able to do those things, I wouldn't care, I'd be happy with just you. A few short weeks and I can see that you're beautiful, kind, caring, thoughtful, bold, adventurous, cunning, witty, and let's not forget a silvered tongued clever actress. When you told me your dream about wanting someone to love you for you with all your faults I was confused because I never saw any faults, only perfection. " He dropped his hand and looked away. "I understand your hesitation.. I've seen men leave women and become unfaithful to them even under vows. But... I am not human. I wouldn't be unfaithful. I would never leave you.... please, believe me on that...."

"Your kind is true to your word, always following their instincts....I've seen it, even now as you stand before me." She had laughed at his last statement. "Further proving your point, I probably would scold you for not letting me in on your antics. Fair enough."

"You flatter me Lucifer, always knowing just what to say- even if its spoken in truth. Though I don't ever think I'll see myself the way you do but that's alright...I don't feel perfect however to you I am. It means more than words....really." She fell silent dwelling over his words before deciding as to what she would say. "....I trust you Lucifer, and as such I place my faith and belief in you. Just as I hope that you do the same."

"That I will on my foxy skill." He said softly and hugged her tightly. "Alright! Now that's off my chest, help me unpack my dearest.." He said joyfully and pecked her nose before bringing in more things to unload. He opened boxes for her and took the things for the upstairs rooms up to begin unpacking up there.

Xira smiled, enjoying his warm embrace. Words were about to form from her mouth until he pecked her nose, turning her face a light rose. Charming little fox. Sighing off her amusement she tilted her head at the previous comment. "How long have you been holding that in?" She inquired, calling after him as she began to continue the task at hand of sorting out what was left of the downstairs boxes. Though the druid had to admit, she was doing a rather satisfactory job at spiffing up the place. Even made a mere smile creep upon her features.

So, you are going to be his little vixen hm? A familiar voice cooed to her in its distinct, teasing tone. "Oh don't you start with me you- wait....you knew?!" She exclaimed, turning to the golden eagle who sat calmly on the windowsill. If he was human, Aster would of been in an uproar of laughter by her outburst. Of course I knew! It was as clear as day you silly little girl. Sometimes you humans can be so....oblivious. Besides- he didn't want me to spill the news. "At least you were trustworthy, though call me a little girl again and I'll clip your wings." She smirked, walking over to ruffle his feathery head before stroking his beak. It did make her ponder- what would she look like as a fox? The subject had intrigued her interest as her curiosity. Only time would answer however.

"Three weeks." He called down to her. He laughed for the bird at her exclamation. "He told me today that he knew. Lucky you were oblivious to it so I can tell you. I didn't think you'd like me back though.." He said with his quirky smile. "He's good at keeping secrets..." He chuckled as he hung up a picture scroll in the stair well to add some color.

"That's definitely quite some time then." She huffed, making a mocking pout as she crossed her arms. "Now now, if you two start plotting against me I'll just have to team up with Silver. And knowing her- she'll always win. And don't expect me to be so oblivious at a constant. Sometimes, I'm more aware than you know." Her radiant smile was present, even her amber eyes held a glow to them. "I'm just full of surprises besides, how could I resist such a handsome devil." Xira cooed, shooting a glance in his direction. "Even makes a charming todd when you shift, though you look quite adorable as well if I do say so myself."

"Aw! Silver would always win that little princess. And I didn't doubt your cleverness vixen..." He said with a small purr in his voice, his tail swishing happily. At her comment he smoothly slides closer to her. "A charming, adorable, handsome devil? Such flattery! Such blandishments! With that look in your eyes, you're making me think you're up to something..." He gave her a sly smile, his canine teeth popping out from under his top lip, eyes vibrant and almost aglow sensing a challenge. One that could possibly be nonexistent, but he still adored the surgery sweet talk she did.

"Good, cause you just might of met your match in that department. Though I assure you there's more compliments where that came from. Astounding, intelligent, remarkable...must I go on?" She said coolly, a small smirk edging at the corner of her mouth. "Me? Being up to something or even mischief? Nonsense! I thought a cunning fox like yourself would know when a trick or two is residing up my sleeves." In a teasing manner she had slid away from him, her walk casual, even her composure gave nothing away as she kept her gaze trained on the male. "Then again- one doesn't show their hand so easily."

"Indeed I have met my match in every way.." He replied in a low velvety tone, the kind he used to lure someone into a false sense of ease trying to see through her trick, but she was correct. Some hands are hard to see. "You would play an excellent game of poker... please do continue with such compliments... I quite like your silvered ornamentation. What more could you say about me?" He once again slid closer in this little cheeky dance that was at play here.

His alluring voice sent a shiver down her spine. It was like he was pulling her, drawing her near to lower her defenses. "Aye, I would." Her movements had faltered in the slightest, halting abruptly though her back was kept towards Lucifer. "Oh my dear Lucifer, there's many words I could speak of you. Talented, witty, even stunning perhaps..." She trailed, voice as calm and smooth as silk. "Attractive, amazing..."

"Hmmm.. is that so?" He purred still in his thick velvety voice. He moved behind her, leaving a gap between them. "I'm surprised you didn't say narcissistic....Hmmm..." with a light clawed finger he softly drew an invisible line from the bottom of her jaw, under her ear and down her neck to her shoulder just to see her shiver again. "Shall I adorn you with sweet words or do you wish to continue fluffing my ego?" He chuckled softly

"I do believe it is so." She had hummed, becoming aware of his presence. "I may have left a few out..." Just as the male had predicted his actions earned another shudder. Seemed he took interest in such a manner. "Tsk, enjoying yourself there? Though I believe I've ruffled your fur quite enough." The druid had turned to face him, though she had stepped far enough to be just barely out of his reach again.

His eyes where bright and intense, locking onto hers as his smile gradually grew. He splayed his hand on his chest with a dramatic flourish. "Well then I guess it is my turn now..." He tapped his chin. "Sly, gorgeous, devilishly clever, curious.. very bold and brave.." He said slowly. "Gilded eyed vixen, enchanting, sweet, generous, an adorable little mouse..." He slipped closer to her. "Adventurous, intelligent, shy, thoughtful, irresistible... shall I continue?" He echoed her question. He quite liked this, it seemed like a challenge and a battle of wits as well as composer.

She had raised a curious brow at him, a slight interested amusement at his dramatic flare. The smile on her now flushed face widened as she kindly listened to his melodic voice as he picked one by one, every trait, every aspect that he adored or loved. Maybe even a mixture of the two. Though her eyes never left his even as he lured himself in closer. "Hm, I suppose you can. I see no reason in you halting your efforts after all." She countered, never once faltering in her stature. It would take more than that to allow herself to succumb to his appeal.

"Okay then... Angelic, a goddess with Grecian skin and cinnamon hair. Petite, witty, with a voice like a silver flute." He curled a finger around a strand of hair and brought it to his nose, never braking eye contact with her. "You smell like honey suckle, a crisp fall breeze and the smell of the earth after a nice summer rain happened in the night. Your skin as smooth as pages in a book, and as flawless as a bride in white." With a free hand he took hers in his, rubbing her palm with his thumb in gentle circles. " Your hands are soft as butter cream. Your giggle sounds like a fairy's lips that shame cupid's bow and perfectly pink like a budding tulip.." He purred the words softly. He was definitely better at this game. "A smile that can bring out the sun in the dead of night, golden eyes that glitter like the stars and as pure as an angel's halo... Still want me to continue my dear?"

"You phenomenal poet. Like a thief you've stolen the words as my breath from my mouth." He had created a checkmate, a turn at which she couldn't fathom of countering back. Surly this was his ace and by the glint in his eyes, he knew it just as well. "That is up to you my beloved fox, this match has been won." She had glided closer to the male, their forms just mere inches away from the other. With her available hand, she reached up to his ears and began to message one of the two in a slow, soothing way, aware that it was one of the many things that the male enjoyed.

He chuckled. "I would love to but I would like to be unpacked before to..............hmmmm" his green eyes rolled back and he leaned into get hand. "I'm hard to beat.. but with that......" He groaned softly his tail twitching. He wrapped his arms around her and held her against him lowering his head so it rested on her shoulder. "Magic fingers got me tongue tied.." He muttered with a smile.

Xira laughed, sliding her hand down from his head to his mid-back, rubbing the area with an open palm. "Well I can't distract you for too long, then nothing will get accomplished." Giving him a final pat she pulled away, ruffling up his hair before calling Aster to her side. "Maybe once everything is settled and calm after a while we can work on shifting hm? I've pondered it for some time now and...I'm pretty set on wanting to learn." She had slid a piece of parchment paper retrieved from her belt into one of the avian's talons, sending him on his way into town for a much needed request. "Just to ensure that the agreements have been met. However, I have no doubt in my mind that I'll receive backlash from some of the mayor's supporters. Which could result in a narrowed timeframe of my stay in this place. My reasoning for learning all that I can before they throw me to the wolves, figuratively." An amused smirk edged across her lips. "Though if it was literal, I'm sure I'd manage just fine on my own accord."

Lucifer shivered and whimpers when she moved away from him. "You always distract me. Why of course! When things are settled, that is. I still need to adopt Jeffrey. I have no idea how to go about doing that but I really want that boy. He's nearly a man. He needs to learn how to survive or this world would eat him up." He sighed and went back to work. "And again, if that happens, come here and live with me. I also apparently have a fortune.... I have no idea how to use it but I'll find a use..." he said softly.