AroaraAngelwolf

Little Black fox

((Will do~ Slipped to the early day of if that's alright with you.))

((Ah thank you so much for your offer, I did manage to catch the lovlies I wanted. If you need any yourself let me know!))

Time had seemed to move in the blink of an eye, the week had already come to pass. In its course the druid had fulfilled her task in collecting the schedules of the town in secrecy, using a reluctant Aster as her messenger and eyes to gather the information. What had set her on edge over the period of time was the increase of hunters who on their own will, scavenged the woods after her believed claim of spotting the fox to the mayor on the day she had returned from his home. Alas, that was a week ago. Granted the woman had spoken with the fox on several occasions to exchange information as well as to leave her promised supplies. So Lucifer was thankfully still safe and sound. But, today was the eventful day, the day in which their conspired scheme will finally be engaged.

It was daybreak, the sun had just begun to sweep its blanketing, golden warmth across the land. Xira was dressed in the finest hunting attire she owned. If he wanted to make it a grand spectacle well, she'd dress for it. The outfit consisted of a laced blouse accompanied with a vest to go over it. Leather-fabric pants hugged her legs as did the arm braces that clung to her slender arms. Her shoes had carried a similar fashion being the boots that they were. And to top it off a hooded cloak draped across her frame in a similar fashion to that of cape almost. Though every article held her well known earthen colors of dark browns and deep greens. The handcrafted longbow was already resting across her back with its accompaniment, the quiver of arrows.

The druid had returned to the woods to meet back with Lucifer on threading the last bits of the plan together. Aster having of joined her. Like always at this hour, her whicker basket was in hand filled with a variant of assorted goods. Had to keep him fed somehow. She had already familiarized herself with how to find his summer home at this point, even as to manage her way around the place. I'll wait out here to keep watch, you can go ahead and go inside- I don't fancy underground places. Aster had warmed up somewhat to the male, though he was still wary of his presence whenever he drew near. It was rather complicated. "Alright then, take care in the meantime. Hopefully this shouldn't take too long." And from that the eagle had ascended from his shoulder perch and into the treetops above, leaving Xira to her lonesome. She had walked quite a ways until she reached the entrance to the den. Glancing around to make sure no other soul was nearby to see she slipped inside. "Lucifer, you here?" Xira called, stopping just short a ways into the main room.

((It is perfectly fine! I will let you know, but it looks like a couple of them are common and the cold moonlight one can be bred from Lumina's too. ))

Time indeed went fast. Lucifer also gathered information, continued to take things. Minor things like a old boot lace. A single egg. A bit of bread. This was just to keep up the act. Those are the things he "got away" with. The bigger things like socks, a shoe, a gun powder horn, he dropped before hitting the woods, just to continue making a show of things.

He had decided to make a show of chasing the chickens in farmer Joe's yard where she's conveniently located to peruse him to the forest. He already informed her of this but he didn't say anything about being a human.

His home was in boxes, well only a few knick knacks and most of silver's toys. The cat lay in her bed grooming herself as a man in sleeveless attire looked at himself in a small mirror on the wall. He was a gorgeous fellow with coal black marks on his strong arms and neck. His hair a black flecked with silver. He ran his fingers through his hair to fix it. "Morning Xira. How do I look? Totally human?" He asked turning around to face her. He still had the intense green eyes,and orange marks around his eyes somehow making him appear more masculine then feminine. "Illusion magic. I should have done this before!"

((Sorry late. Cat in playful mood and trying to get that elusive red dot.. xd.png))

((Ooh, not bad not bad. Can't wait to see the adults for all of them!))

"Someone has been busy I see." She chuckled, setting down the goods in the kitchen atop of the stove so he could sort through them when it was convenient. She walked back to the room with him, dodging a fee boxes here and there along the way. Though when she fully set her gaze on him she froze. Almost didn't recognize him without his fox features. A faint tinge of blush painted her cheeks as she admired his newly acquired form. He was absolutely stunning, even if it was just an illusion. "Like a handsome devil that's what you look like. Definitely human though, no mistaking that." With a chuckle she examined his markings with admiring, amber eyes. They suited him well. "First time for everything huh?" She smiled. "I still have yet to learn my own transformation magic, seems you got the upper hand there."

((Its completely fine, I'm sure its quite entertaining xd.png))

(Yes. Yes it was. Tripod kitty scrambled on hardwood to get the dot. Quite entertaining. My eggs are cracking! smile.gif ))

"Nah darlin, the illusion isn't the same. I might appear human, but my fox ears and tail are still there. But I'm pleased to hear that I'm still devilishly handsome when appearing like this. " He grinned then clapped and rubbed his hands together. "high noon at farmer Joe's. Be near his yard when I start scaring the chickens and chase me to the forest. Everything is set up. Oh, did you bring me corn bread? " He moved to the kitchen and dug through the basket and started nibbling on the yellow bread.

"Hmmm.. then after three or four days, I'll appear calming the land. Sound good to you? Man this is delicious! " He said munching on the bread, a nonexistent tail thumped the barrel behind him.

((Oh that is precious! smile.gif Ooh~ I'd have to check on mine))

She gave a slight sheepish smile. "Oh, had me fooled then. Of course you are." The druid leaned against the wall nodding in agreement. "I'll be there, need to pick up a mare before I do because there's no way I could keep up with you on foot." A chuckle escaped her lips, just trying to imagine the scene was amusing enough. "Plus it'll give me an edge to keep others from taking pursuit on you before me. Ah! Yes I did." She called after the male, following him into the kitchen.

"Works fine with me. Glad you like the bread, made it myself last night so its still rather fresh. Usually make most of my foods and meals on my on, unless I'm in need of something quick then I'll buy already made products and goods." She grinned, pleased that Lucifer enjoyed the treats that she'd bring him. They had grown a bit closer just from the past week. They could talk much freely amongst each other, even the tension between had dissipated over time.

"This will go great with my cinnamon honey..." He muttered between bites. "Good idea with the horse. Now can I say you informed me of the goings on of the forest on my land and other came here as quickly as I could. Something like that when I walk into town." He said finishing the corn bread muffin and swallowed.

"Really? Your a magician in the kitchen then! It's definitely scrumptious food! Alright. So I'll go set up the trap now and you go and make yourself known. Oh and silver would like a little attention before you go. She told me she misses you." He said brushing crumbs off his hands and set to work, gathering the things he needed for a system of trickery to work.

"Luckily for you, I already had a letter written about the forest's activities over a week ago. Just never delivered it. I'll send Aster carrying it to you so you'll have further evidence to back your statement. Its always good to be prepared." She cooed.

Xira waved him off with a hand, the faintest of smiles on her face. "Oh I'm nothing special of the sort. Just do what I know and love. Will do then, I'll be sure to 'happen by' Joe's around noon. She'll definitely get attention from me, precious little thing needs it." She watched him for a moment before pacing over to the room that held the feline who was curled up in her cozy little bed. "A heard that a certain someone wanted to see me." The druid spoke gently, scooping the Turkish Angora softly yet carefully into her arms.

"Sure, thanks for making the letter. " He called to her and looked through the food she had brought him. "Yes I did." she purred and rubbed her head on her chest. I missed you. Master always went out to meet you and was too busy to give me attention. I know you would though. she mewed and looked up at her licking her cheek with her rough tongue. "I do too give you attention! Don't listen to her she's treated like a princess here!" Lucifer laughed.

She smiled, smoothing out her silky fur. "Aw, did mean ol' Lucifer really not give you any attention? That's just rude." The woman teased, massaging Silver's little head. "I don't know Lucifer, your little princess has told me otherwise. I think I might have to give you a fine for that." She laughed along with him, they're company was certainly enjoyable. Xira was actually glad that she had met them, her days seemed more brighter, relaxed even. She had company around that she genuinely felt at peace with.

"Aww come on, she got to sleep on my bed for three nights in a row." Lucifer groaned playfully. "Oooo! Is that a lemon tart? Lady druid you spoil me rotten! Ah tomatoes! Perfect for my grilled quail and steamed rice stuffing. " He said still rooting around the basket.

"Yes. It is rather rude. A little to the left... hmm. " she closed her eyes and purred loudly.

"Princess has to be comfortable somehow mister. Honestly, I think I spoil both of you rotten." Her eyes beamed at the sound of his meal. "Now that I definitely must try, can't pass up such a pleasant sounding mean." She giggled down at Silver as she did as the feline asked, giving her just the right amount of attention that she needed. "Say Lucifer, when everything settles down after our plan takes course and things start to adjust to where they should be...you think you can help me on my shifting? That is...um, if you'd like to help that is."

Lucifer came on out of the kitchen. "Of course. You helped me on this, I can help you with shifting. And feel free to come over for dinner too. I have a bottle of strawberry wine too. We can celebrate the success of our little quest. Of course.. it is my idea... it will secede. I have back up plans for the pack up plans. Shifting for a non born shifter is painful the first few times and one can get stuck if they panic. So I am glad you've asked me before you tried it on your own. Now, we're burning daylight. Say goodbye silver.." He said softly rubbing the cat.

awww already? Please come tonight! she wined as Lucifer took her gently and tucked her back into her bed.

"Thanks, I appreciate it. Now a celebration is certainly a rune I van sing to, especially over a drink such as that." Xira nodded, smirking at the male. "Of course it was your idea, its practically fail-proof due to it coming from a cunning fox such as yourself. Sounds a bit risky though, shifting. Though I knew it would be best to be tutored by someone who was more natural and familiar with the process." She rose from her seat, giving the feline a few more strokes before allowing him to take her. "Well, if you insist Silver. I'll show." Turning to Lucifer, the druid gave him a pat on the back, holding his gaze for just a brief moment. "Til noon, I trust you'll watch after yourself hm? Wouldn't want any misfortunes to befall on you."

Lucifer crossed his heart with a finger. "I swear on it that I'll be safe until then. Until noon my friend. " He said with a grin. "Now you take care and get that horse. I'll get set up." He said and waved her out getting his materials for his "swan song" act.

He slipped from the cave and set his trap, covering the rune he drew there. The spell was like a magnet, the corpse had packets of rabbits blood in it, painted with his marks and marked with a rune that would move it to the trap when he spat on it giving it movement.

He then stashed the body in a bush, disabled other traps to not injure her horse or anything else and shifted looking at the sky. It was almost show time. So, he scampered in the shadows to the old farmer's house and waited.

With a nod she had left him to carry out his work. It would be quite a display to say the least. Aster had reunited with the woman the moment she emerged from Lucifer's keep and from there the duo traversed from the woods to the handler's stables for the mare exchange.

Xira had paid quite an amount just to rent the beauty but she didn't pay any mind to it. There was plenty more currency from where that came from. The mare was a pinto Noriker that had the height of roughly 15 hands, an excellent size for her breed. She went by the name of Yuma, and just from the brief moments they spent together she was a spirited one. After dressing the mare in what was the most comfortable saddle and bridle to Yuma, the druid sat atop of the seat and gently eased her out of the stables and out into the village. She always did want a horse but she'd have to settle for renting them out for now.

High noon was getting close to settling into the sky as the duo chatted with each other, getting further acquainted and familiar with one another. Xira even told her newest companion of the 'fox hunt' that they were taking part of. Never once mentioning Lucifer's name or that he was a shifter. Though the news earned an amused snort out of Yuma. Sounds like a thrilling chase to me, I'm up for a nice challenge. "Good cause it looks like its about to commence." She grinned, bringing the mare to a slow, steadied paced walk as they reached the farmer's land. By the looks of it, it appeared as if they just on chance happened to be at the right place at the right time. Though the woman was highly aware that she was waiting for the male to make his dashing appearance.

At the sound of hoof falls and Xira's scent in the air the fox darted out, a black and orange streak towards a chicken yard. Nipping at them and plucking a few feathers, the chickens caused the right amount of commotion and in their panic ran out of the gate and all over the yard where he set about chasing them. He froze when the druid gave the order to chase and with that he was off. Quite the chase it was too.

Lucifer darted around the farm, a pasture, the mayor's back yard and down the main road before taking a leap into the woods on a deer trail. He took this and did three winding turns and two switchbacks making a gutsy move by darting between the horses hooves both times. With a burst of speed he darted into a brier patch and out again.... or so it seemed. The fox was thinner, moved strangely and the markings weren't as vibrant as Lucifer's. It also had a torn ear and a white tipped tail.

The faux fox darted around in a zig zag pattern before it ran into a trap skillfully hidden in a pile of leaves. With a snap, and a slight pop of the blood packets bursting, it looked exactly like the fox had been killed by the trap. Now it was up to the druid to pull off the rest.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Rearing Yuma onto her hind legs the druid charged after the fox, keeping the male close in her sights. The thundering sounds of hooves and calls from the woman was enough of an uproar to spread alarm and awareness for all those to see. Some even took chase after Xira when several moments of realization passed as to what was occurring. Commotion of the fox's appearance spread like a wildfire and folk of all kinds clamored about to see such a spectacle. The horse had galloped at a breakneck pace, taking sharp turns and even bounding over obstacles just to keep in line with the fleeing animal. Only when they were in the woods and Lucifer had lunged out from between the mare's legs did it bring the duo to an abrupt stop. Yuma whinnied in confusion, startled by such movements that she reared herself up, nearly throwing the druid off in the process. Bur after calming her down they set off again, only to find the "fox" mangled in a snap trap.

Aster dived from the sky, landing with grace and precision onto her shoulder. His task of delivering the letter to Lucifer was done. His job now was to keep unwanted people from drawing too close to the corpse. Slowly the town's people began to trickle in until a horde of them was present. Some were astounded, amazed even that the fox had been caught, others were less enthusiastic, furious that a mere girl had captured the wretched creature. Though only a few, were skeptical. "I could of sworn its tail had orange on it, not white." "Its ear looks torn too." Xira gave a sharp tsk before sliding off of the saddle, stepping in front of the body to face those that came. The eagle screeched and growled menacingly, backing several hunters into their place. "Have you not thought that over time that the creature's dominant markings would fade? It happens to a variety of animals- and I'm sure the white hairs on your head can speak for that as well." A ripple of snickering and laughter erupted throughout before it fell silent. "His ear is torn because if you were running at such a speed and snagged yourself on something you'd receive a nasty gash as well. Now, for those that keep trying to claim this as their kill- I strongly suggest that you back away. This fox will curse those impure at heart that dare try to touch it or draw too near, whether misfortune falls upon you, sickness, or even death. I don't think that's worth it now do you?" The murmurs rose up again, but with a rise of her hand a calm hush was soon resolved. "As practiced throughout my culture I have every breathing right to give this animal a proper burial. Therefore I suggest you leave, or the wrath of this fox's curse will befall us all and we'll be deemed to a doomed fate.

Her persuasion was enough to send the folk back into town though the mayor gave her a hard, questioning look before he too joined the others. Her task was complete. Though the handler had taken Yuma back, clearly he too was displeased with her accomplishment and sent him on his way with a scowl. So, all that remained here was the druid and her companion. After burying the false corpse the woman rested against a tree and gave a shallow sigh. She did it, least for now. Whether someone would find out the truth she knew not, only that Lucifer was completely safe from her people's harm. That's what mattered the most. "Aha~ I can't believe it..." She muttered, running a shaky hand through her hair. The male had to of been watching, she wondered if he was proud if not ecstatic that the plan had been a success.

He was indeed watching. In the back in a cloak of black hidden in the sagging branches of an oak tree. His eyes narrowed at the skeptical ones. Seems his plan didn't convince all of them. Perhaps he'd wait a little longer before coming into the village. When he heard the last of the footsteps head out of the forest he approached silently. "Fantastic work. You sold it well. " He chuckled and with a swift move he was in front of her green eyes piercing under his hood.

"My place, five o'clock sharp. Roasted quail with tomato and rice stuffing. And let's not forget a nice herring for Aster. Strawberry wine and my father's special plum saki. Don't be late." With that he gave her a devilish grin, bowed and with a final, "That looks lovely on you...." and a wink he leaped into a tree and disappeared. He had left a gorgeous cherry blossom hair stick tucked in her hair.

She was oblivious to his presence until he spoke, snapping her back to reality. "Oh it was nothing, just a good ol' scare to keep them bayed." Regarding the invitation she smiled, delight portrayed across her features. "I'll be there then, sounds very lovely." Xira was confused at first as to what he had complimented her on but it was when he departed that she had realized that he left something in her hair. It was one of the most beautiful hair pieces she has ever worn, yet she was completely unaware that he had placed it there. You sly fox. The druid thought with a lighthearted laugh as she too took her leave with her companion. Never once did she remove the hair stick. Though as she found her way back home she pondered if she should dress for the occasion at five. It did sound like it'd be quite a splendid time and she could find something to wear that would compliment the hair piece further in the meantime. That is until the celebration starts, had at least a good few hours to get ready.

"Where is it?" He muttered under his breath. His mother had brought back and had been receiving things from Japan when he was little. One thing was a male's kimono that he practically swam in at the time. He finally located it and spent a couple hours trying to remember how to put it on. Once he got it on he looked in the mirror. It was a sleek black robe with a broad white sash and a white piece under the main black robe. He froze and let go on his illusion spell.

He could practically hear his mother, saying how much he's grown and how much he looked like his father. He still had time, dinner was being kept warm and he was just waiting on the druid, so taking some incense, he went outside to an old Cyprus tree by the old house in the deep wood. There he knelt and lit some incense sticks in the tiny shrine in a hollow between its roots. The bones where just a frame, so they were buried elsewhere, but the pelt kept a fox shifter's spirit. It was here her fur was folded, and kept in a box of white jade and in a small hole with flat stones forming a small tomb.

He set a little painting of his mother behind the burning incense and spoke to it like she was there. He spoke in a different language, his father's native tongue Japanese. His ears lay flat on his head as he continued to speak telling his mother about the events.

It took some time to scavenge for but eventually the woman had found one of the rare few dresses that she owned. The well fitted dress was made from white, silky material that seemed to flow out more so towards the bottom. Around the waist of the dress encircled intricate, golden flowers that were similar to that of the headpiece that Lucifer had left her. Xira sighed, remembering that it once belonged to her sister. Maybe she would be proud to see her sibling in it at this moment. Even then she wasn't too sure. She combed out the tangles in her coppery-brown hair, allowing the strands to fall in gentle waves along her back and shoulders. Though the hair stick kept her bangs back nicely and gave a delicate touch.

She felt nervous for dressing so nicely. It was once in a blue moon that she ever went out in something so feminine. Not only that, but what would Lucifer say? Surely it shouldn't bother her what his opinion was on the matter but this time it felt...different. The last thing she needed was to be a nervous wreck in front of him. Checking the time she had some space to squeeze in a ride to the woods, there was just no way she was going to walk. Calling Aster to her side when her transportation arrived she took a deep breath and walked out the door of her home.

When the rider had reached the desired destination just right outside the wood she left a small tip for the lad and watched as he left, making sure to not be followed or questioned. Xira had walked the rest of the way, chatting her usual anxious blabbering to her companion to settle her nerves. Usually she would ramble on about whatever came to mind or about how she felt as a stress reliever. Somehow it seemed to take some edge off of her nerves at least. It was when she saw the figure of a male in the near distance that made her slow her movements. Was that Lucifer? It certainly had to of been.

Lucifer flicked his ear and got up, bowing to the grave and brushed off the kimono. He touched the tree trunk, then turned and walked towards her, eyes on the uneven terrain so he didn't hurt himself in the sandals he had on. He'd take them off as soon as they get inside the cave, it felt odd having something on his feet. He took a deep breath to clear his head before speaking. "You are quite punctual lady-.......druid? Um..." at that moment he was five feet from her and looked up. Surprise, confusion and a light blush crossed his face. After a moment the blush darkened a little bit.

Twitching his ears he blinked away his dumbstruck expression exchanging it for his casual smirk. He bowed, took her hand lightly and kissed her knuckles softly. "My, my, you clean up nicely. I do have to say, white is your color, it brings out that lovely olive tone to you skin. Now, dinner is ready. I'll send out silver with the herring." He said the last bit to aster as he lead Xiar to the cave entrance.

So it was him but she had to say, even he looked stunning and well kempt in the kimono that he wore. Guess it was a dressed occasion after all. She gave a small smile, a rosy color dusted her cheeks as she watched his reaction, though the color increased when he placed a gentle kiss on her hand. "I thank you kindly for your compliments Lucifer. Its not always that I'm seen as so...immaculate. Though excellent timing." She said, following close beside him. Aster's feather's ruffled with excitement, even he was pleased with the turnout of coming with the woman thus far. Though its not like she gave him much of a choice either.

Once inside the cave he set a herring on the ground and silver picked it up, walking outside and setting it down for aster then lay in the shade grooming herself. Meanwhile Lucifer lead her to the kitchen where a white cloth and a branch of cherry blossoms lay in the middle on the humble table. He had pulled out a wicker stool and gave her the normal chair pulling it out for her.

"I might not have fine China, but I have wooden plates with fancy carvings!" He grinned and pulled out the chair for her like a gentleman and pushed it in when she sat down. The plates where cherry wood, with carvings of foxes that had multiple tails chasing each other and balls of fire spacing each one. The wine cups where a Tod and vixen set one painted white with black marks similar to Lucifer's and the other black and orange. He served dinner and poured the strawberry wine before sitting down.

"A lovely performance today Xira." He said softly and picked up his mahogany wooden wine cup. His was the slender white fox sitting, hers was a even thinner, more grateful looking black and orange fox sitting. "Shall we toast to my liberation, the freedom from the hunters terrorising the forest creatures, and.. to new bonds and trusts." He said eloquently.

The eagle had wasted no further time when his meal was brought out to him. Though he wasn't with the others the druid could very much tell that he was quite enjoying himself with the herring. Possibly even fancied Silver's company out there with him. Xira was astounded by all the work Lucifer had expended into making such a ravishing dinner. Even if it wasn't much, it was enough to captivate. Taking her seat her warm smile had quickly resurfaced across her features.

"Even so they're amazing, regardless if its not china." The craftsmanship was delicate and elegant on the dishes used to plate and hold their food. Never had she seen such unique designs, and with precise detail too. "Very lovely indeed..." She absent mindedly sighed, straightening herself up when the male had set their extravagant meal. Or least it seemed to her.

"Such a performance couldn't have been done without your charming skills my dear Lucifer." She took hold of her respective wine cup and raises it to his. A glimmering, vibrant spark held in her amber eyes. "I do believe we shall. It is quite an achievement and a relief to know that a friend as well as my beloved creatures will be spared from further harm. Though of course to the bonds that had been constructed along the way." Her voice was soft, almost like silk. Just like the rest of her, it radiated a gentle, soothing warmth, a serene-like feeling that instilled tranquility. Yet she held such grace.