AroaraAngelwolf

Little Black fox

Silver came to her, more for comfort then for attention. The cat silently went over to the druid, crawled onto her lap and started to purr. In the other room, Lucifer coached the lad softly on the harder words as he struggled to read. It took a while for him to read the four pages he practiced so hard for his teacher, telling the story of the three little pigs.

After the story was done, Lucifer took him to the kitchen/dinning room for a little snack and a drink of milk. He slowly approached the druid head down, ears back and his tail tucked between his knees. "Th.....thank you for moving in here, Jeffrey is really shy and is kept locked up in a attack room. As you can see.... he's a little... slow at developing so his parents kept him hidden for a long time and now he's extremely shy around new people. And... and you're right. You've done nothing to me so far. It's just... my kind is rare. My mother had to travel to Japan to find a mate we're so few now... and there was thirty five generations on this land, in this home and the other one you saw. It... it would hurt to leave. I shouldn't have been so quick to judge you after all you did already for me. Um.... can you ask silver if she hurts any please?"

Gently and carefully she ran her hand along the feline's back. The softness of her fur was calming, soothing in a way. It was hard, anxiety that is. It goes unseen and yet so hard to control but she was thankful that her remedies were enough to keep it subtle. For the most part. "Thank you Silver, I'll make it up to you soon enough for keeping me company."

Lucifer took her by surprised with the way he approached. It was as if he seemed....apologetic. "Its no problem at all, I understand where he's coming from...least with the shyness. Can't believe his own parents would do such a thing. But, he has you and that's what matters." Heaving a sigh she held Silver close to her but comfortable enough so that she didn't hurt her or the injury paw. "I...I don't blame you for what you did or how you reacted Lucifer. If anything it was partially my fault for being so adamant on the matter and pressuring you like the way I did. You were only trying to protect the life and memories that you've invested here over the years." She patted the space next to her, wanting him to come near. "Would you like to try asking her yourself? I could show you if you like."

it is okay. Master gets like this too. It's my job. the feline purred softly in response and gave her fingers an affectionate nip.

"Jeffrey's parents have three extremely bright children becoming a cleric, a lawyer, and a merchant. They fear having a slow child would tarnish their reputation. If I could take him away from here I would..." Lucifer said softly.

His ears flicked up at her offer and he carefully approached and sat down like a dog beside her. "Jeff is still here. I'll introduce you to him. He needs another friend.... so... Um... what do I do?" He asked hesitantly. Silver lay her head on Xira's chest, rubbing her cheek on her shoulder.

Well you're amazing at your job." She chuckled turning her attention back to Lucifer. "Of course they'd be more concerned about their reputation than to help their own son."

Xira was genuinely surprised that he actually came around. He was just full of surprises. "I'd love to meet him then, I know I kind of unsettled him a bit at first but...I wouldn't mind being his friend." It wasn't the first time she tried to teach someone how to communicate with animals, though it wasn't often enough that it occurred either. "Sometimes, all you have to do is watch and listen. Just their body language alone can tell you so much about what they're trying to say. But in your case, that hasn't always been favorable. " She stroked Silver between her ears, moving down slowly to massage her neck with a gentle hand. "All you have to do is relax and concentrate, a bit of magic can take care of the rest. Only if you allow it of course."

"Not exactly no. Felines have different postures than canines. She doesn't move her ears and tail the way I do. And.... I'm only good at illusions and ward spells. Even those aren't very good at times." He muttered but took a deep breath and relaxed focusing on his cat.

His ears slowly went up as he relaxed gradually. "If it helps me communicate with her... then I allow it." He muttered watching as silver slowly closed her silver blue eyes and stretched purring loudly. "But I don't need magic to know she's enjoying that. "

"Sure it can be frustrating at times. Hey, its better than nothing right? Should of seen me when I was first placed in training with animals- I didn't make it out unscathed in the slightest." A small laugh escaped her lips, recalling the memories over in her mind.

With a nod she carefully held one of his wrists, turning it over so the palm of his hand faced skywards. "Hmm, she's quite contented with herself." Removing her other hand from the feline the druid placed it over the male's, eyes watching him with slight wariness. A prickling warmth spread from her palm to his, though it did deliver a bit of a sting, it subsided as quick as it came. When she removed her hands in their place in the center of his, was a single, detailed rune. "Consider it as a gift though be aware that its not permanent. Over time it will fade and when it finally vanishes you'll lose the ability to communicate amongst all creatures, not just Silver."

"I highly doubt that. Rune magic is my specialty. Plus I am half animal, I'll still have some connection with the animal kingdom." He stated studying the rune on his palm. "Lets test this out... Silver, is your paw hurting?" He asked the feline who was giving the druid a "why did you stop" look.

I hurt a little bit. It's getting hard to walk now. the cat yawned. "I understood that! " Lucifer grinned then grew serious again, focusing once more. "Would you like a seed for pain?" He said said slowly. only if I can take a nap afterwards... she lay her head on Xira's knee. "Of course you can nap silly! I'll get the seed. " He got up and retrieved a seed feeding it to silver who got up, stretched and limped over to her basket flopping down. She started snoring in minutes.

"Thank you for this. Silver has been with me for five years now. I can finally talk to her and understand her. Now... Lets go introduce you to Jeff.." He padded from this chamber, into the main one and through another tunnel that had three "doorways" in it. The first one he turned into was the kitchen and eating area. It had a cast Iron stove, a small brick oven, pipes letting the smoke escape or bring water to the pump spout by a basin of carved granite with two runes painted on the spout. Jeffrey sat at a wooden board a cross stacked empty crates that served as a table, on a warn out chair and a wood plate and cup in front of him.

"Ah, well you got me there. Forgot that you're not like the others I've done this to." She grinned sheepishly, running a hand behind her head. Though she did give Silver an apologetic look for ceasing the attention.

The druid was proud, the excitement that radiated off of Lucifer, his expression, it was a sight to see. "You're welcome, was my pleasure." And with that she rose from her seat and followed him out. Making sure to not wake Silver in the process. His home was quite tricky when not accustomed to it, different tunnels lead to different areas. It would take some time to memorize. When he brought her to the dining and kitchen area she hesitated, stopping short a ways before entering completely. Was she actually nervous about being introduced? Man she needed to get her nerves in check. With a steady breath she hoped for the best and pushed herself to stand beside Lucifer, casting an uncertain glance in his direction. The last time the lad saw her he was rather timid, if anything the druid would hate to upset him again.

The child was nibbling on some roasted pumpkin seeds and looked up at Lucifer with a grin. "You did good squirt," the fox ruffles his red head. "I want to introduce you to your village's druid. Her name is Xira. Do you remember what I told you about meeting someone?" The kid nodded shyly. "Now is a good time to practice... stand up.. there you go.." Lucifer coaxed the child to stand up and moved behind him so Jeffrey couldn't shrink back.

"I-I don't know Mr fox..." the boy said tweaking the ear of his fox toy. "Easy.... deep breath.. think of your special place. That little grove that Frank plays in.. " "Frank?..." "Frank the Dragon the size of a bee. You told me about him... remember? I still have his picture you drew for me... just close your eyes and take a deep breath until you have calmed your heart and open them only when you're ready..." He said gently, kneeling down and hugging the boy to him. Jeffrey nodded, swallowed hard and closed his eyes taking deep shaking breaths as the fox held the child and rubbed his back like a mother would to soothe her frightened baby.

He gave xira a apologetic look. After a minute or two the boy took a deep breath like he was preparing himself. He pulled away and looked at her. "I am Jeffrey Katzenberg... n-nice to meet you..... um......." He looked at his friend who mouthed a word, and he looked back at her, focusing on her hair. "M-ma'am..."

Xira waited for the boy to get settled with her being around. As she watched Lucifer work with and comfort him, she couldn't help but feel a sense of admiration with how well he handled Jeffrey. It was like seeing a father with his son. But at the same time, she saw herself in the child. She too was terrified to talk to strangers, or anyone else that was foreign to her when she was younger. Unlike being treated with kindness and being coached through her social anxiety, she was scolded for it. More often than not, it was seen rude for her to behave such a way, even childish by her parents...but that's just how it was.

Returning back from her thoughts she gave him a reassuring look, as if to say 'its alright'. Kneeling down to the young man's level she smiled warmly. He was a charming little lad. "And I'm Xira Bane, happy to meet you, gentle sir." Her voice was as smooth and soft as silk yet steady enough for him to follow. Though the druid had to admit, he had quite the manners.

((Hes a short thirteen year old! smile.gif ))

The lad brightened and looked at Lucifer. "That wasn't so bad now was it?" He asked softly and the boy shook his head and looked at the druid once more with a large grin. "Would you like some pu...punkin seeds?" He asked. The fox taped his shoulder. "Repeat after me pump- kin. Pumpkin." The boy repeated the world until he gets it correctly and repeated his question to her saying the word correctly this time.

"I made them.. I would grow my own, but all my garden is getting is wild grapes and strawberries... my mom had the green thumb. Otherwise wouldn't have to... you know. " He said softly looking at the boy who was getting down a jar of the baked seeds. He didn't want the child know he stole things. "It's the ones that were slow to ripen or the trees forgotten at the back of the orchard... I.... liberate the forgotten, old, and warn and give it a new life. I honestly don't really know what the whole fuss is about..." He said rubbing his neck sheepishly.

((He's precious cx))

"I'd love to have some." She smiled, gladly taking him up on the offer. Turning her attention to Lucifer she stood straight. "Strawberries are lovely though, guess it didn't pass down to you huh." A nod signified that she understood what he was trying to say. That he wouldn't have to steal. "I can see where you're coming from, make use of things that normally people would pay little to no attention to or rather would throw out. People just don't like their possessions tampered with, regardless if it has use or not. But there's always a way around that." Though the look she gave him read 'we'll discuss that later', not wanting to give too much away or say more than was needed with Jeffrey around.

Lucifer helped the boy dish out the seeds on the plates (and bowl) and handed her some seeds. They were roasted in wild honey and a bit of cinnamon on them. It was like eating a pumpkin spice pie. Lucifer nibbled on his. The seeds where his delicacy, unable to have most sweets without getting sick.

"Would you like me to walk you to the end of the wood Jeffrey?" He asked the lad who shook his read head. "I'll be fine. I know my way home." He responded. "You know, why don't you take some seeds with you and this too. " He held out a wooden figure of a Dragon the size of a bubble bee. "This is for doing a great job with reading and introducing yourself today squirt. " The boy grinned and hugged him, finishing his seeds and milk and taking a small wood box of some more before kissing the Fox's cheek and dashing away.

Lucifer straightened and sighed heavily plopping down on the vacated chair. "I can't leave the boy. I practically raised the kid when he was five. I found him wandering around and he stayed for two weeks.. nobody looked for him. I can't take him away though. He feels secure in his attic room.... poor lad.. please.. sit down and talk to me about your plan." He waved to a stool for her to sit on.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

With thanks the druid took her serving of seeds and silently snacked on them. For it just being pumpkin seeds, they were delectable, sweet. She'd definitely have to commend him on their flavor later.

It was only minutes that Xira had been acquainted with Jeffrey and yet, it upset her to see him depart. "Take care." She called after the boy. "I can tell, you two have quite a bond. Must be hard to care so much about someone yet can't hold on to them. But, you'll always hold a special place to him, I can see that much." Doing as instructed she took a seat across from him, her expression had hardened a bit, as if dwelling in thought. "You say you take what people no longer have need for correct? Yet they still become outraged when someone claims it for better use?" The idea she was about to propose was alarmingly risky, but at the same time it would draw attention away from Lucifer enough for him to make way with what he needed. She would ask the people herself for the goods, but she'd doubt they'd hand them over freely, much less without suspicion if done often enough over time. "So lets say there was....I don't know, another fox or creature to distract the town's people from time to time whilst you take what you need from them. You still get to do what you normally do just with less attention being trained directly on you."

Lucifer fixed her with a glare. "And force an innocent fox to be hunted? Besides there's no foxes around here otherwise I would've mated already. My actions are my own. If I get out witted it's my own fault. Thanks but no thanks. I carry my own sins, not put them on others. I thought you'd make a donation bin or something. What you say has a high price I'm not willing to pay. No.. no way." He got up and put his uneatten seeds back in their rightful place.

"No, the only way they are going to stop is if they think that I'm ....I'm...." his ears went up and his eyes glowed bright. He slowly got a grin worthy of his name. "If they think I'm dead...."

"I was going to offer myself for the distraction, I'm not one to risk another's life for any sake, excluding myself. Though I do suppose it is your burden to bear if that's what you make of it. But again, it was only a suggestion. There's still plenty of other ways to get around the situation." Her eyes followed his movements until he paused.

"Now that is something of quite the trickery." A smile formed across her features, he certainly had quite an ideal up his sleeve. His mischievous grin even spoke of it. "I'm listening, and how do you propose we go through with it Lucifer?"

"Now, when a fox shifter kills another fox, we keep the pelt to honor it's spirit. Don't ask, long story. Anyhow, two years ago I killed another black fox with one eye who was trying to kill silver. Now I kept that pelt, and it's stuffed with wire with the actual skull inside so it still looks like it's alive. With this stuffed fox we can make a show of you chasing me through the village and into the woods where "I" happen upon a snap trap. With a little deer or rabbit blood" snapped his fingers. " it'll look like I was killed but, because you are a druid, they wouldn't deny you the "body" nor a proper burial. They respect you to trust you to take care of the fox spirit so it doesn't.... curse the town or something."

He started to pace. "In the meantime I can disguise myself as a human and show the mayor the deed to this forest saying that my ancestors lived here and they can't hunt without my permission or deforest my land without paying a hefty fine. I do have the actual deed, and that is the law. This way we can kill two birds with one stone.." He winced. "Metaphorically... I would never harm that eagle you have definitely not.."

((I got someone making Lucifer human form xd.png))

"Don't worry, I don't plan on asking. But my goodness Lucifer you're a genius! Shouldn't expect any less from a fox such as yourself." Her eyes were bright with excitement, beaming at him with light amber orbs. "I most certainly can keep them at bay, wouldn't want them to be cursed now do we?" She laughed. Oh this was too good.

"Your plan sounds sturdy enough to me, and you get payment in turn for those that want to use your property." Xira gave him a teasing glare. "Not sure if that was sarcasm or not when referring to my Aster, but he'll come around to ya. Mayor doesn't like him very much either, though that's a story for another day as to why." The druid rose, stretching out her muscles. "So, when do you want to put this arrangement into action?"

The fox seemed to preen on her praise sticking out his chest with a smug smile on his lips. "I know! Sometimes I'm too ingenious for my own good! One week tops." He tilted his head. "Payment... I hadn't thought about that, but I guess they would. Then I could fix up that old house and move into it again. Although this would still be my summer house. I am not giving up my bed. "

He shook his head. The stuffed goose down and wool stuffedbed was like sleeping on a cloud. He paces in a oval motion still concocting a plan. "Yes, one week to gather Intel and the materials needed. I have everything here, not the blood, but that's part of the materials, and the info is the schedules of the people. I want this a spectacle. Another week for me to come up as a human. I need to fix up that old wagon and pack it with some things. Dig through my rune books... " He muttered. "Oh where did I place that old tome?" He scratched his ear.... stopped and continued to scratch his ear like a content dog getting a ear rub.

He looked so proud, even as to commend himself for his wits. But she couldn't help but smile at his rambling, his excitement was quite enjoyable to see. "Sounds like a grand idea, maybe even then you won't have to take so much and can even afford nicer things. Though I can run errands as such for you since, well, can't always roam about when you want through town. But any supplies or furniture you need I can gladly hold onto for you."

"Well, just let me know if you need anything from my end and I'll provide it. A week sounds excellent, maybe my companion can lend me assistance on gathering schedules now that I think about it." She had paused, watching him as he contented himself with...ear scratches? Oh no, that will simply not do least not like that. Without pondering over her actions Xira strode up to the male and by standing on the tips of her toes could she reach his fox ears. With a faint giggle she began to massage the other one. It was a habit, to give any creature attention. Was something she couldn't exactly prevent herself from doing, it was enlightening in a sense. And since he was technically a fox as well as man, she didn't figure any harm from it.

"Hmmmmmm......" He stopped scratching his ear, and leaned against her hand. If he could purr, he'd totally be doing it right now. But alas, he couldn't so instead he settled for wagging his fluffy tail as he dipped his head lower for her to reach his ears better.

Usually he'd hate it if someone asked to rub his ears, he didn't even let the kids touch them. This strange woman however had the guts to waltz on up and rub them. Man it felt good. This lady has magic fingers or something. Given that a dog's ears are a bundle on nerves when she started to run in a particular area his knees buckled and he collapsed in a daze. "Hunnn um......mmmmm.. haven't been that relaxed in years.."

Now that was a display she hadn't expected to see. It was like she had tamed him with how comfortable and relaxed Lucifer became. But nonetheless she kept up her attention to his plush ears. Looked like he needed some form of a tension releaser and this was one way of doing it.

A fit of laughter had overtaken the druid, she had loosened him up so much that he simply just caved in. Literally. Even his jumble of incoherent mumbles at first was evidence enough. "That's because you're so sprung up constantly, with all the strain and pressure you hold in your nerves. A lifestyle like yours, its no wonder."

Lucifer staggered to his feet after shaking his head like a dog. "Don't.. .. don't touch my ears again. " He said brushing himself off looking embarrassed. "No touchy.." He muttered and development went out and into the chamber next to the kitchen. He started to root around in it.

A limp stuffed black fox was thrown out along with an old snap trap that was already closed. "And now for the book..." He rooted around some more before dashing into his room and opened a chest. "Ha! Found it. Um..." He scratched his ear again. "I can handle the rest... best keep up appearances though, so you can head back to you home or update the mayor on the search. Say you spotted the fox but he ran off before you could approach or something. I'm sure you could be clever too. After all you out witted me in a argument and not everyone can do that."

Xira chuckled once more, keeping tab of his demand. "Alright, though unless its ever needed again- you know who to go to." She stood by and observed as he went through his possessions to find just what was required for the plan. To her surprise, it didn't take long.

"I'll think of something." She smirked at his compliment. "That was just by chance, though I'll keep my wits about it. Oh and uh...thanks for letting me stay a while, it was...pleasant. I'll keep your home a secret as far as that goes. So, suppose I'll see you around then. Take care of yourself in the meantime Lucifer." With a polite bow she turned to leave, giving the male a small smile as she went on her way.

Lucifer nodded. He sat down and placed the tome on his lap when she left. He kept flicking the ear she rubbed. It felt numb.. like the one time he found these strange mushrooms and roasted them and ate them. Turned out that foxes couldn't eat these types and believed that his tail was arguing with him at the time but that's not the point. He could still feel her fingers through his fur.

The woman was ...... odd. Not in a bad way, just... different somehow but he couldn't quite put his finger on it. With a shake of his head he focused on the book and opened it searching for the rune spells he needed for his plan to work.

((Go ahead and skip a week to their plan))

New dragons are out too! Snag them quickly! (If you can't get certain ones I'll breed them for you))