AroaraAngelwolf

Little Black fox

Lucifer made a humming sound almost like a purr as he tapped his glass against hers and took a sip before setting it down and starting to eat. "I have to say, it is quite nice not eating alone... and having human company." He paused. "I was wrong. ...... you have proven to me that not all humans are bad. " He said softly.

After eating a little bit longer he looked up at her. "How.... um.. what would you think would happen if I asked to adopt Jeffrey? " He began to push his rice around his plate. "When I come into town and get settled... I want to adopt him officially. Give him a fresh start away from his neglectful parents and with me. I know he'd love the idea but.. how.. how would the others react? " He asked looking worried.

After clinking the two glasses together and taking a small drink she turned to her meal and began to eat it contently. He was quite the cook. "It's rather different, but I enjoy it. Your company that is. And you also seem to be quite the chef." She chuckled lightly. "Just have to find the right humans Lucifer and- you're not the horrid villain that the town makes you out to be."

Xira had stopped eating for that moment, eyes staring into his as if processing his words closely. Crossing her fingers with her elbows resting against the smooth table she sighed. "Lucifer I...I don't know the answer, and I'm sorry for that. But-" She continued on, taking another small sip of her wine. "Whether you should or shouldn't, I strongly stand that you do try to adopt him, regardless of what his parents or others may say. Jeffrey deserves what's best for him and what's best...is to be with you." The woman looked down at her plate, seeming to of drifted into thought before her amber eyes met his worried green ones once more. "Other's may react harshly, coldly or object but they could also comply, understand and be willing to help him. Its like a coin- heads or tails. But with this coin, you'll still never know which side you'll get. Lucifer....do what is best for the child. That is all I can tell you."

His ears folded and he looked crestfallen. "They won't like it would they. Just as I thought. I don't want him to be ridiculed for my actions. He has a low self esteem as it is. I will try though. I always wanted a kit of my own and Jeff is such a sweet child." He looked down and set down his fork. "When you came up I was speaking to my mom at her grave sight. I realised that I'm getting older.... and that I don't want thievery and trickery to be my legacy." His chin touched his chest.

"Memory is all I have left. We pass our tales down from parent to child. Never had they been written down, and they never should be. This act today made me think... what if that really does happen? Who would pass on my stories?.... would I be remembered or forgotten in two generations? We fox shifters are known of our tales and we would travel telling them to other young shifters so that they would learn from our past mistakes... mistakes of every one of my kind. To us being forgotten.... is like a second death. Our spirit would fade away and never would we achieve rebirth."

"I suppose not...unfortunately. But put forth the effort that you can, its better to say that you've tried than not to have done anything at all. But I can see what you do in the lad, he is a wonderful boy." She gave him a saddened look, her composure shifting. "Well...there's always time to change that..."

His words made her ponder, what would become of her memory when she too passed. Who would remember her? It gave her insight on just how important it was to him. To be remembered, to have your tales be told for years to come. "I wouldn't forget you at least, I'd keep your memory alive. But to have kin and shifters of your own to tell them to, that's different. I can understand its importance. A second death sounds...well...unbearable."

"It is. As for shifters, not all have ears and a tail. I'm just like this because my da was a kitune. A fox demon from Japan who has strong magic. They normally have ears and tail, my mom didn't have them. I'm sure you could find some if you know what to look for. " He said softly with a small smile, his ears perking up a little bit. "And I wouldn't you. In just a week you helped me more then anyone else I know. I thank you greatly. Now... we should move onto lighter subjects..." He said softly.

He started speaking of his plan on how he was going to enter the town. Nothing showy or clever really. Just dressing up the horses he had, and arriving at dawn stopping at her home to show a strong bond between them both. He'd have questions for her (on the human side of things, like currency and such) but he said they can talk that over then.

"That's rather interesting, I'd of never thought that there could be so many of them. With such variety too. Your kind never ceases to amaze me from what all I've learned so far. She returned the warm smile, eyes bright with happiness. "You're always welcome. Helping my close ones is just in my nature."

Xira listened intently to his next plan, nodding and mumbling her approvals as he went along. It was a calm scenario, one that she would be most comfortable with by far. "Well when the time comes I'll gladly answer any and all questions that you may hold. Just one at a time though." Her laughter was soft, light even. For once the druid was completely relaxed, not a single trace of anxiousness could be found on her features. She really did cherish the time and company she had spent with him so far. Even if it hasn't been all too long of a friendship. "So, since we're on the topic of subject changers would you care to elaborate or chat on shifting? I am quite curious on the matter."

"Sure!" His ears went up entirely. "Ask away. And I can handle multiple questions at once so don't worry about asking too much."

Lucifer set down his fork for a second time, this time it was because he was finished. Picking up his wine cup he took a sip.

"Gladly." She picked up her wine glass and took a few more drinks of the delicate liquid. It certainly was a rare occasion that she ever would drink. "I'll try not to overwhelm you Lucifer." She chuckled, taking interest in his excitement. "What's it like, to shift that is. I know you said it would be painful the first few times that its performed. Though you also mentioned you could get stuck?" Absentmindedly Xira twirled a lock of hair with her finger, something she usually did when she talked of a subject of interest. Even her eyes held a spark to them. "And.....how could you tutor someone who isn't a shifter naturally?"

Lucifer calmly held up a fist and stuck out this thumb. "Shifting into a creature is exhilarating. You smell more, hear more, see more. It depends on the type of animal you choose to shift into. As a bird you sore though the air at high speeds, as a wolf you can run nonstop for three days and go long times without eating things. A bear you have incredible strength. Such things like that."

He paused for another sip holding a finger up keeping out his thumb. "It is painful the first few times, even for me. You see, it is because your bones and muscles are growing or contracting and changing to fit your new body. If done enough times, it eventually just feels like you just went for a really really long run and are just tired and sore, but it will happen faster as it becomes second nature."

He held up a third finger taking another sip. "Yes. Getting stuck is terrible and extremely painful. When you first shift, natural or not, you shift slowly and many don't complete it on the first try. I was very lucky, but it was shifting back that I got stuck. I panicked and was stuck as a human for two hours in the first stage of the return shift. I was six months old and couldn't move my body for a day or two. There's three ways of getting stuck; starting the transformation to the creature, during the shift -this one is really dangerous- and the shift back from animal to human animal to human is less painful as I am told although it didn't feel like it to me. It's because you are making your body turn back to it's original state. The in between one is dangerous, because sometimes, depending on the creature, bones could snap or shatter under the stress. It's best if you are familiar with the creature's anatomy and movements before you shift. "

He held up a fourth finger. "Now there's the question. You see, shifters can be born two ways as an animal, or as a human. Either way the shifting process is the same. I was born as a fox. My original form is a fox. Me teaching you as a non shifter to become an animal is like teaching a dog to speak. It can be done, but only with the right circumstances and training. I'm glad you asked me because I do have more experience and having someone there to keep a clear calm mind and walk you through it keeping yourself calm is extremely helpful. The first thing that I'll work with you is handling stress and keeping calm. I need to find out what causes you to panic, to avoid it until the change becomes natural. Understand? "

"Must be quite a gift. To ne able to experience so many different walks of life, even to have such stamina, strength or speed of the desired creature. Definitely remarkable." Xira hummed a faint sigh, straightening herself up as they grew more in depth into the conversation. "Would make sense, considering your frame would have to be altered significantly to take shape of that of what you're shifting into. Though practice does seem beneficial in this field. Despite the starting pain that comes with it."

She raised a curious brow, eyes analyzing him with a gaze of amusement. "I would of never thought you would of had difficulty. It just seems so natural to you know but I suppose that's from years of working and experiencing it at a constant. Regardless, it does sound like quite a gamble when someone first shifts. No exact way to know just how it will take to a first try. But I know a few animals' anatomy fairly well, should help to a degree."

"I understand now, thank you." The woman had fallen silent for a moment at the topic of stress. Her and pressure well, they just didn't go hand in hand. If anything anxiety only amplified it. But....if he could somehow keep her calm through everything, it would certainly be a first that anyone had helped bring her back down to a neutral, balanced state. Having him as a tutor was probably the best thing she could ever have done for someone to teach such a tedious subject to her. Though only downside, was that there was quite a bit that made her stress or panic fairly easily.

This time he took a full drink. " I know you have anxiety. If anything that would help you as an animal. Anxiety is the fight or flight response. It keeps you alert to danger. I know several ways without herbal remedies to help reduce the anxiety as a human so when you shift,I'll apply those to you. Now yes it's dangerous, but there's a way to relax the body to make it less painful. Again, I'm glad you asked me. " He said. "Now, tell me about yourself? " he asked. "You're an interesting, beautiful woman. I want to know more about you."

"Indeed it is. Always aware of what's around you. But, anything to aid helps really and I'll happily take up your assistance on it. Though what fun would life be without a little bit of danger placed in it, its a risk that I wouldn't mind factoring in the chances of. Have to learn somehow. Anytime, you were the perfect person I could go to with the matter. Probably more skilled than the other druid's that can shift but...I trust you more rather than I would them." She smiled at his request, taking a sip of the wine before casting her full attention on him. "The question is dear Lucifer, what would you like to know more about? I will answer anything you have curiosities on."

"Well, you said you have no kin. Could I ask what happened to them? And the colors you usually wear...any specific reason why? I'd like to see other colors on you, bright colors. What made you want to be a druid?" He asked filling up their wine cups and taking another drink of his.

"Ah yes...kin and family." Xira sighed, thanking him for the refill before taking one slow drink. It was one of the topics she never talked about- a past to erase. "I have no children of my own nor have I ever been tied down to any man in marriage. May have taken interest here or there but none were right for me. Though that of course angered my parents." The amber in the druid's eyes lost a touch of their light, dulling as if hurt. "It was me, a sister and of course my mother and father. To put it bluntly and as simple as I can...my sister passed away when I was of the age of 10. She was 16, sickness had stolen the life from her. My father turned abusive since then, emotionally that. Always pushing me to be the best that I can but in his eyes- I was never good enough. And my mother well, she wanted me to be everything that my sister was. Their grief made them blind."

She was silent, grasping her hands together til her knuckles were almost white. But then, she slacked, muscles relaxing as she cleared her mind of what memories troubled her. Her eyes stared into his, taking in his soft gaze, then looking away. "I wear my average colors because I feel...content, myself in them. Though other colors provide a 'wow' factor because its not something I normally wear." And just like that, her smile was slowly creeping back. "But for you, I'm sure I can make an exception as to a slight wardrobe change. Now as to being a druid its simple. I was always close with creatures and nature, it was and still is my escape. To help those that most turn a blind eye to is what I live for. Plus, I felt closer to the animal kingdom than I ever did amongst my own people. Like they could understand and listen to me whenever I needed someone, when no one else was there. So, I chose my path as a druid so I could do just the same for them. To care and look after them as they did for me."

"Are your folks still alive?" He asked softly reaching over and holding her hands softly with a sad look in his eyes. He smiled lightly too. "I would love to see that. Even if only on special occasions. Mother would have liked you. She always saw the best in everyone. The Fox's curse... isn't made up. My kind can curse land and people. When she was killed, she only cursed the dogs who attacked her. The man lost his house, but was safe and is now the grandfather to Anna." He sighed heavily.

"I myself have not been tied to any woman or vixen. My mother would have understood that, and understand your reasoning. She was fifty when she met my father, and a hundred and ten when she passed. We live for a long time, and most shifters mate for life. I have no idea if I had brothers or sisters, or even if they are alive. Mother rarely spoke of father. He was clever and cunning like I am and powerful too, but momma always looked sad and hurt when I asked about him so I stopped asking all together never liking that look. Me being born as a fox.. well I developed quickly. I usually didn't like it as a human but.." He wiggled his fingers and thumbs. "I discovered that these can be extremely useful for grabbing things." He gave her a cheeky grin.

"Now I don't mind it so much. " He took another drink. " if you feel upset you can rub my ears again.. " He wiggled them. " I know you want to..." He giggled, obviously not used to wine either and was a little tipsy at the moment.

"Oh they're very much so alive and well I just...don't see them really. I moved to this village on my own accord because life at home was simply too much. " She looked down at their hands, a little chuckle passed her lips as she ran a hand gently over one of his own. "I'll be just fine Lucifer. Well, you'll get the chance to see more then." A pause. "Your mother...she sounds wonderful. I'm sure I would of liked her the same. I've heard fox spirits are sacred and being able to curse those that do wrong- sounds like a fair price to pay. Though...your mother didn't deserve her fate. I would of loved to have met her."

"You too huh? At least someone would have understood my ways. Though I can see where you're coming from as well. I'm sure it was hard on you growing up, having that uncertain knowledge as to who could be your family. Well all come from different backgrounds, different wars but yet it somehow manages to bring us together." Xira smirked. He was such an uplifting little devil. "Hey now, being human has its perks. And that right there is proof."

She laughed. Watching his ears move certainly made the temptation claw at her. "That or someone just wants a little more attention." Her voice cooed, smooth as silk. Reaching over to the top of his head she lightly stroked one of his ears before massaging it gently. Only thing was, she hadn't realized just how close she was to the male or even how much he had to drink. All she knew was that she was very content in his presence.

Lucifer chuckled lowly moving the plates and folding his arms on the table laying his forehead on his arms. He hummed in contentment. "Nnnhmm.... can't let that cat get all the attention... I need some love too.." He said in a thick velvet tone with a slight pout at the end. His body shrank slowly, only a couple small pops and he was a fox stretched out on the table his tail wagging as he leaned his head against her hand and his tongue lulled out. You have magic fingerrrrrrrrrrsssss...... He wined his eyes closed enjoying her rubbing his soft almost silky ear.

Xira's warm laughter filled the room as she smiled down at the now sprawled out fox. In one swift motion she scooped up the male into her arms and proceeded to rub his plush little head. "You're quite the sight Lucifer, though you're so soft to hold. I hope you don't mind that I snatched you up like this." His little whines and yips of content held the best of her. Resting him against her lap she smoothed her fingers along his slender back, working out any tension or strain that resided in his muscles. "Suppose I should spoil you...you handsome little devil you."

Yes, please spoil me. I've forgotten how nice this can be. ....... He chuffed softly and leaned to the side, his head flopping on her knee as she rubbed a particularly tight area in his shoulder. just keep at it and I won't mind. ....... He made a small yowl and went lip save for his foot that started kicking when she rubbed behind his upper front left leg right on his first rib and behind his scapula. Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

"Is that so?" The druid purred. "Looks like I've tamed the fierce and cunning little fox, to think that it was this easy." One of her hands moved to his collarbone, working her fingertips into the fluffs of fur that made up his chest. "And what say you Lucifer if I.....just stopped giving you attention completely." And at that last comment her movements ceased, concealing her hands behind her back. A mischievous little smirk snaked its way across her face. She knew he couldn't resist such affection, though she couldn't help but tease the fox. He was just too charming in his ways to resist.

He was making a ha ha ha sound as she rubbed his chest.... then she stopped. He stopped wiggling around and looked at her. He rolled on his paws and put his front paws in her chest and started nosing her with wines and whimpers. I'll just annoy you until you give me more loves. Please please please? I like being spoiled, I deserve it I've been a good boy! Please? please? He had nosed her neck, cheek, hair and ear then started to lick her cheeks and pawed at her shoulders until she started petting him again.

His actions melted her heart, he was the most precious fox she had ever seen. And the little bursts of giggles and chuckles from his kisses and pawing only settled it further.After listening to him whine enough she finally caved in, stroking his face with a gentle hand to quiet and calm him down. "Alright alright, you have been a good little todd after all." It amazed her however. How she could hold and pet Lucifer and he didn't have a care in the world about her doing so. Never had she pondered that he'd allow her to grow this close to him. To be able to interact with him in this manner....it truly was special. "Why are you letting me spoil you hm? Has someone grown a bit soft?" It was true, he has acted significantly different compared to when she had first encountered the male. It was as if those days had never happened, as if they've been good friends for years...yet they've only kindled this relationship in the course of a few weeks. Though Lucifer definitely was something else, aside from being a fox. But she couldn't quite explain nor pinpoint what exactly it was that made him seem like so to her.

Lucifer wrapped his paws around her hand and leaned into her wrist. "You remind me of my mom. Beautiful golden eyes, calm demeanor. I feel... safe around you... you're nice. He said softly nibbling her hand and leaned against her. I like you as a friend. You're gutsy too. Surprised me when you first petted me..."

"Thank you...I'm rather stunned that I remind you of someone that you hold so dearly. But, it makes me happy to know that you feel safe." She grazed his back once more with a caring hand, using the other to hold his paws gently. "You're a good friend too Lucifer. I can be gutsy when I want to be, though its not all too often that I am....I don't think I'm much, least in my eyes. You seemed to draw me in really. Was curious as to what would happen if I did pet you and well, I wasn't disappointed with the outcome. Even I was surprised that you let me do so, least for a short while." With a chuckle she bent down and placed a little kiss to his forehead. A benevolent gesture for a friend. "Yet again, you are full of surprises."

He wiggled on her lap and slopped a kiss on her cheek before he jumped down and shifted back downing his wine in a couple gulps. "Thank you... that felt nice it would be much of a mystery if I wasn't full of surprises." He chuckled and grinned at her. "You ready for the plum saki? My pa made it so only two cups each... tell me more about yourself, like what would you like to do for fun? Any books you like reading? What's your biggest wish? Top three wishes? Top five pet peeves? Allergic to anything?" He asked leaning on the table looking at her fascinated.