AroaraAngelwolf

Little Black fox

She gave a little nod, noting that her glass had been empty without even realizing it. "You're welcome, though you're right- wouldn't be you if you didn't have that enigmatic air." She smiled, amused with hoe much interest he had taken to her. "I could go for some whilst answering your questions." Leaning into her chair she cleared her throat, rolling her shoulders a bit to keep from getting tense. "Suppose you could say what I like to do for fun is contrasting compared to those of other women. My ideal of fun is...adventurous. Hiking, horse riding, star gazing, things of the like. Not one for formal parties or practices. Books, I haven't read in quite some time despite having some at home. Recommendations on literature to read however is always welcomed." All the while she talked, the more vibrant and alive she became. There was a look in her amber eyes that was just...captivating. The way she smiled as she spoke. The druid had never been happier. To share parts and interests of herself to someone other than Aster or her relatives just felt so...amazing. "Hmm....biggest wish and three wishes? I'll have to dwell on those. I'd have to say that my biggest wish, would probably be to become the best of my abilities, to be able to do more for others. As for three wishes, my first one would be to become a successful shifter. Second, to learn and see more of what nature has to offer. And lastly the third...I'd say I'd wish to remain your friend." She chuckled. "Though if you want another answer for that I'd say my third would be to heal all illnesses of the world." Xira grinned, resting against the table as she laid her chin on her crossed hands, arms holding her up. "Now pet peeves I can lay down fairly quickly. I'm strongly against dishonesty, breaking loyalty I despise. Using others for self gain, purposefully harming those that are innocent, and breaking promises make up my top five." A little grin replaced her smile as she managed to fake a small sneeze, her eyes glowing in a playful manner. "Actually, the more I think about allergies...I think I'm allergic to you."

Lucifer poured a cup of plum saki for her and for himself as he listened to her. "You got big wishes there miss!" He chuckled and nodded thoughtfully at her pet peeves then busted out laughing at her "allergy". "Woman, you better get over that nasty sniffle you have because I'm hanging around you more often just because of that!" He grinned. "Now I'm allergic to dogs... seriously I am. And I can't stomach really sweet foods, it makes me sick. Pet peeves.... when I'm called a dog. I hate being compared to those drooling beasts. When people mess with my traps, trust and deal breakers.... and trespassers. " He said. "Any questions about me?"

"Why thank you sir." Xira smiled, taking a drink of the plum saki that he had poured for her. Never had she tried a beverage like so before and she had to admit- it tasted delightful. "Oh darn, guess I'll just have to manage around ya then." The woman raised a curious brow. A fox...allergic to dogs? Now that was something. "I would of never thought you'd be allergic to canines, rather interesting I might add. Its a shame you can't enjoy many sweets, I'd make quite a treat for you if I could. Yet again, I can always manage around that. And your pet peeves, I can understand." More questions huh, which ones could she ask...? "Hmm, perhaps I have a few. For example, what's three things you enjoy the most? What excites you, your goals in life? Your fears, if any. And, five things you absolutely can't live without."

"Hey, my allergies saved my life many times when those hunting dogs tried to creep up on me. Not canines, specifically domestic dogs, it's the mix of their hair and whatever they get into that triggers it. Three things I enjoy... Telling stories or riddle games, playing with silver and taking a leisurely stroll through the woods during the full moon. What excites me is a challenge. Whether it is a hard riddle, a so called unpickable lock or worming out of danger and trouble. My goals.... find a mate, settle down and raise seven or eight children before simply enjoying life." He frowned slightly at the fear question.

He took a sip of plum wine. "Dieing alone and being forgotten. And large loud groups of people. That's what I fear...." he said softly. "Five things are Silver, mumma's fur, the book of runes spells, dad's katana and mom's wedding attire. " He said quickly like he's already had this all planned in case he needed to get out quickly. What about you? Goals... fears? I'm interested in knowing what is important to you." He propped his elbows on the table and set his chin on his folded hands.

"An allergy that has its benefits, though pardon my confusion. You enjoy a pleasant stroll under the moonlight as well? Full moons are magnificent, alluring, especially during a clear midnight sky. Though I'd love to hear one of your stories under the cover of stars sometime. " She gave a curt nod, taking a sip of her drink. "You're bold, cunning yet sly in that aspect. Like playing with fire without getting burned in a sense. A risk taker even in danger's wake....seven to eight children?!" The druid exclaimed. "Goodness that certainly would be a handful Lucifer, not that you couldn't handle them I'm sure."

She gave a sheepish look, almost as if she felt bad about prying into the subject of fear. "You could've passed on that one if need be....though I'm almost the same way honestly." With a meager sigh she returned back to his gaze. "Everything that connects you to your loved ones." Her expression went blank for a moment, almost as if she had no proper way to answer his questions. "I um....I don't exactly have goals, least not like you do. I kind of just go with what life gives me. I mean I may have a single goal....but its kind of plush if you will." A slight tinge of red painted her delicate cheeks, was she really embarrassed to tell him? "Suppose my goal would be to find and settle with someone who cares about me for who and what I am- flaws and all. Because I know I'm far from perfect but, it's something. As for fears, I fear everything." A smile. "But to be serious, losing everything that I love and cherish is a fear of mine. Anything with having a relation to lacking air- drowning, suffocation, things of the like. And lastly, like you....I fear dying alone. However, I fear a lot of things, irrationally of course, due to anxiety but these are my major ones. What's important to me? Well......the ones I love. I could careless about money or the finer things in life. What matters, is people like you and Silver, Aster, people that I've befriended and can hold a durable bond with. Even family are all things held dear to me in importance."

Lucifer tilted his head at her exclamation about the number of children he wished to have. "A vixen can have from four to thirteen kits in a litter, seven or eight is a reasonable number. Anxiety does heighten fears, but at least you need not fear me. As for that goal... I find it sweet. " he took another drink of his plum saki. This stuff was strong.

"Although, I don't see any flaws in you. You get anxious but what human doesn't? Your fears are reasonable to me and you are adorably shy when you meet new people. I'd love to tell you stories, I got the best place in mind for that. You are a talented druid and will make a wonderful shifter when the time comes. Hey if you turn into a fox, I bet you'll be a gorgeous little vixen. " He winked.

The druid blinked a bit, then it registered in mind. "Oh, didn't know that bit at least. Though the more you know the better. I haven't seen much of foxes in my lifetime, I do believe you're the first that I've actually gotten a chance to interact with. I'll admit, I was weary at first but....it dissolved. Realizing I had no reason to be afraid of who you were." Though they'd both have to watch how much drinks they took in. One could easily slip a little to far if not careful enough.

Xira raised her head at his gentle words, eyes trained on him as if she was...astounded. "You really think so huh? Out of all the people I've met, I've never heard anyone speak such words that you have just now. With as much as I've accompanied and spent time with you- I'm sure I could shift to a vixen when conditions are favorable. Though I don't know about being gorgeous." She chuckled, reaching over to pat his hand lightly. "You are certainly something else yourself Lucifer."

He grinned after taking another sip. "Of course I..... iieeee..... I should stop drinking before I say something stupid and completely embrace myself..." He said softly looking into the near empty cup with a rosey blush on his face. "A lady shouldn't go home alone at night after drinking and I'm in no shape to provide protection so you can stay in my room tonight and I'll sleep on silver's bed...." No you won't silver said licking her paw. "Okay... I'll sleep on the floor then. I'm fine with it. How about I show you the room?"

She smirked, uncomprehending as to what his words were going to be but it was enough to make her amused. "Is that so? Maybe I would of liked to hear what you had to say." Shaking her head she rose from her seat. "I'd appreciate that. Though if you don't take too much space, I wouldn't mind sharing the room with you. Better than sleeping on the floor I suppose? Quite the gentleman you are however." The druid smiled, rubbing his head a bit in a lightheartedly manner.

He wagged his tail and got up leading her to his room. "I'll let you get ready..." He said getting out some of his best looking linen night clothes for her so she can be comfortable. "If I sleep as a fox I won't take up much space. I won't tell you missie, you may be clever but I'm cleverer..er? Bah, you get the point. You can't trim me. I'll be in the other room I think I got a coat rack for aster.." He walked out of the room

She chuckled, he must of had quite some drinks to be mixing his words like so. However the girl paid it no mind as she took up the night cloths. "Alright, though I could never outsmart you. Right on that." The moment he left she had changed her attire from the gown she was wearing into the nighttime wear he had provided for her. It was comfortable, and was rather suiting to say the least. He's not a bad fellow after all....though I'll keep my eye out for you two. "Oh hush Aster, he's a friend, nothing more you silly 'ol eagle." The two had their amusement of teasing and poking fun at the other before Aster left her in peace, seeing as to what the male had provided for him. It was a pleasant night after all.

Lucifer had a cloak rack out for him with a old nest he found perched on it. "There you go. Night night pretty bird.." He said yawning and shifted trotted to the bed and jumping up at the foot of the bed. He had the forethought to adjust the mirrors so it wouldn't wake any of them at dawn, but still made the top of the cave look like stars. He turned in a circle twice and curled up at Xira's feet. Sweet dreams druid...

The golden eagle had nestled down, settling into his cozy little make-shift nest. With a soft coo his sleek feathers fluffed up into a plush, feathery down before he fell into a slumbering state. Xira on the other hand was laying down, resting in the cozy bed that she was generously given to sleep in. Looking down by the end of the bed in acknowledgement to Lucifer accompanying her she rested her head against the feather stuffed pillows once more. "Goodnight Lucifer, soothing dreams to you as well." She had been admiring the stars that glimmered and illuminated the ceiling of the cave, the alluring beauties making her eyes droopy and dazed. Before long the blanketing warmth of sleep had overcame the woman's consciousness as she too slipped into a serene state of sleep. Her chest rose and fell in a steady, placid rhythm to that of her shallow breathing. She was tranquil, relaxed and free of stress or worry. This was a place that she truly felt safe in.

((When he goes into town. ))

Lucifer had waited five days before he came into the village. His cart was beaten up but sturdy, pulled by a old broke back blood bay quarter horse glendling and a beautiful young gold champagne piebald Spanish mustang mare. He was disguised as a human, even wearing (ugh) shoes like a human should. As he pulled to a stop in front of Xira's house and jumped down from the wagon a pouch full of currency jangling at his hip. Silver rode on the spot next to him and was sleeping lazily in the early morning light. He knocked on her door and shifted on his feet. Seriously, was he nervous about coming to her home? Ridiculous! Then again... since the celebration his feelings... gradually shifted towards something else and he was certain that humans don't move so quick on such delicate matters.

A sudden knock sounded throughout the quiet home, alerting the owner of a familiar visitor. Since the celebration five days ago, the druid had been occupied and drowned in her work for the majority of her time. Falling behind on your job was never pleasant. Mending, healing, daily checkups, things of the like that she'd normally do for the village's animals was what she tended to for those five days. However, she never forgot of the scheduled visit from Lucifer. There were just some things you simply refused to slip from your mind. Hurrying from the desk from which she was seated at she answered the door. A smile crept upon her face as she saw that the male was well disguised, he looked charming as a human. Though...was he nervous about something? "My, don't you look nice. Here to pick me up for the village I'm assuming?" The sound of whooshing air sounded in the woman's ears as Aster flew by and landed with grace on his usual perch to see who was paying his close companion a visit. Least to say he wasn't disappointed. If he could, he would definitely be smirking right now. He was wise enough however, to keep his comments to himself...for the time being that is.

Lucifer blushed a little bit. "Yeah, if you can move silver.. Um a few questions first about humans. I want to know the currency values and the beliefs of you humans so I don't look like a fool." He said softly. "May I come in for that or would you like to explain it on the way?" He asked twiddling his thumbs before shoving his hands in his pockets and mentally kicking himself. Why so nervous around her now? This is like every other conversation they had. pull yourself together! You're a cunning, clever quick witted thinker! There is no need for me to be nervous around her now! Nothing's changed we're still.... friends... He thought, for once glad his ears and tail where invisible otherwise they would have clearly showed his emotions.

"Anything you'd like to know I'll gladly tell you." She glanced behind herself, peering into her living space. It wasn't exactly immaculate. She had supplies and herbs assorted and strewn in places of which they didn't belong. Not to mention papers and notices were piled into heaps and littered about on chairs and tables. She would of felt embarrassed to invite him inside. With a sheepish grin, rubbing at the back of her neck she chuckled. "Ah, I think I'd rather tell you along the way..my place isn't in the best of conditions and well...I'd rather welcome you properly. Though on the way back if you're passing by again I can clean it up and bring you in accordingly." And there it was, her bright smile was back again. "Currency value varies on what it is your purchasing. Something of common trade such as food, wool, things that are made or produced locally will usually sell at a cheaper price. However, products or objects that are imported or traded amongst other villages or towns will sell at a more pricey range. That also goes for buying land and larger animals, though smaller ones could also go for a fairly high price." The woman explained as she walked over to the cart. "We can discuss more on currency and touch up on beliefs on the way. But this quick explanation before we go can suffice and aid along with the others that I'll tell you." Something seemed a bit...off about him today. Though she couldn't quite put her finger on it as to why, though she thought it'd be best to let it go.

He nodded at her response and went to his wagon moving his precious kitty (who complained the entire time until Xeira sat down and took up a spot on her lap) and took out some coins and bits of cloth. Two had square holes in the middle and Japanese characters on them. The other four where copper and nickel silver and paper. It was the money of the American Victorian period. The fourth coin was a gold Spanish dablon. "So um which of these do I use?" He asked, clicking his tongue and the horses start walking on their own.

The druid held Silver gently, stroking the feline's soft fur as she examined his currency collection. "Hmm, well if you're looking into getting yourself land or anything worth a hefty price you're going to most likely be using your silver to paper currency, maybe even good but I doubt it'd be that expensive. Not too certain however as to how much the Japanese coins will land you. Though I do know however that your gold bit will go for a nice bargain. Gold is quite the currency to have if you're looking into large sums. The copper and nickel will most likely be used for your smaller amounts of payment." She kept things simple, not wanting to overwhelm or bombard him with too much information but enough for him to understand. Glancing skywards she gave a little nod seeing that Aster was keeping up just nicely in his own domain. Sometimes she wondered what it was like to see everything from such a view... "Now then, what was it you wanted to know on beliefs?"

He nodded and returned the money back to his pouch. "I have gems and jade too. Laptiz luzi and some fine Japanese silks. I guess in human standards, it's a fortune, but to me it's a bunch of pretty shiny things." He chuckled and rubbed the back of his head. "Do humans like magic? Or cats? I once saw a group of people chasing a woman who had a black cat out of a town on the other side of the wood. I thought it was odd. Any temple places or things I shouldn't do?" He asked curiously then realized he piled on the questions. "Um.... sorry about that. I don't know much about your kind.. it both fascinates and confuses me. At some point it also disgusts me I have more questions about culture and such.... "He looked down at the limp ranes in his hands.

"Guess for now on I should refer to you as 'his majesty' with how much fortune you hold." Her laugh was sweet, delicate as she gave him a pat on the arm. "I'm sure you're manage well as far as finances go." At the sound of magic her expression shifted immediately. Her lips taught into a frown as she moved uncomfortably slightly in place. "Um...well..." A sigh. There was no great way to put it simply. "Magic is a very....delicate subject. Your clerics and druids are the more acceptable of the magic and spell or enchantment users. Other kinds are usually regarded with more hostility. Witches, elves, beings of the like are usually tried or driven away because people are rather...superstitious. Which is why that woman and her cat were being hunted or chased out- because of the possibility of witchcraft. Cats are fine- they're just weary of black ones." Once that bit was finished her features relaxed a bit, though she was still rather tense. "Ah, temples I think there's one? I believe a church as well. Its been quite some time since I've attended either or. As far as things you shouldn't do, don't stumble upon holy grounds without regards of respect. Holy places, artifacts, and people that are associated with them are held in one of the highest standards- don't want to upset them. Always use manners or people will definitely give you an unpleasant look. Basically, just stay out of trouble really." She chuckled. "Oh its fine Lucifer, no need to apologize for your own curiosities." Her smile was reassuring, even her eyes were gentle on him. "If you ever need anything or want to ask me something on the matter I'll always help you. No need to feel down or bad about it, okay?"

"Okay, so no magic tricks or slight of hand tricks for the kids then..." He said softly. "Stay off of grounds that look important to people, check.." He made a checkmark with his finger in the air. "Silver is perfectly fine, given that she's grey and white. " He stated then tilted his head. "Why can't women wear men's cloths or show their legs in public? Anna once showed me a bite on her lower calf from a weasel and her mother yelled at her and called it vulgar. I don't understand that. Ma had on skirts that didn't tangle in her legs or pants like you like to wear... Also, I heard a young lad heading to town with a friend and taking about courting someone. What is that? I feel rather ignorant of human behavior but it sounds like he's taking someone to court... although he was happy and wistful.... so that got me confused."