TJ09

2015-08-29 - August Release

I have a really effective technique I would like to teach you all c:

It may or may not be already used, but...

I start refreshing at the start of xx.x4 (5 minute shuffle) or xx.x9 (hourly drop) with my finger (on my phone) or mouse cursor over over the middle of the eggs in the biome(s).

As soon as the time changes, I am probably one of the first to see the refreshed eggs (heck, sometimes I even see the no-eggs page because I'm fast enough to see the biome empty itself!) And I click away!

Try this way, Ive gotten several of my current lunars like this.

I'm so happy these guys aren't prizes, otherwise we'd never get the glorious blue variety.

My first two gold ones grew up! Hurrah.

How come they're so hard to catch? I can't get any myself. sad.gif

Same, I only have two golds, nothing has showed up sad.gifsad.gif

I think I'm gonna try hunting more of these in the morning of my timezone. Maybe my chances will get better at that time. smile.gif

I have exactly one egg slot before I am completely locked xd.png saving it for the next colour *prays its sapphire blue*

I think I'm gonna try hunting more of these in the morning of my timezone. Maybe my chances will get better at that time. smile.gif

I had much better luck past 3 AM DC time then I did during the day hours. I caught two bronze within 30 minutes - the other 4 that I caught took me about 8 hours (not solid refreshing - I did get up and do other things every so often).

I start refreshing at the start of xx.x4 (5 minute shuffle) or xx.x9 (hourly drop) with my finger (on my phone) or mouse cursor over over the middle of the eggs in the biome(s).

As soon as the time changes, I am probably one of the first to see the refreshed eggs (heck, sometimes I even see the no-eggs page because I'm fast enough to see the biome empty itself!) And I click away!

I try something similar

I have a clock up with the time down to the millisecond, when the seconds hit somewhere between :45-:55 I start rapidly refreshing with my cursor ready to click and once it hits (seconds wise) :00 I stop rapidly refreshing and rapidly start to click xd.png There is more going on but that is the best way to explain what I do

Edited by Clya

I had much better luck past 3 AM DC time then I did during the day hours. I caught two bronze within 30 minutes - the other 4 that I caught took me about 8 hours (not solid refreshing - I did get up and do other things every so often).

That's basically 9AM CET where I live. Thanks for the tip, rubyshoes! wub.gif

That's basically 9AM CET where I live. Thanks for the tip, rubyshoes! wub.gif

You're welcome.

I'm actually on Dragcave time but am able to stay up late to hunt so I got lucky.

Catched, with another bronze lunar today, my first Ice Dragon wub.gif Okay, I missed a Magma and a Thunder, but, meh !

Edit: So, this means that the eggs (gold and bronze) were under the effect of the phases below instead of what was previously recorded OR is this information only applicable now?

- This determines whether I need to reboot everything or not.

Heads up: The help page was displaying the wrong moon phase for Cirion (it was actually just displaying Aurax's phase for both). The actual egg colors are correct.

Since that screws up everyone's data collecting, here's the phases for the days since the release:

Aug 29, 2015

Aurax: Waning gibbous

Cirion: Waning crescent

Aug 30, 2015

Aug 31, 2015

Sep 01, 2015

Sep 02, 2015

Aurax: Waning crescent

Cirion: New

Sep 03, 2015

Aurax: Waning crescent

Cirion: Waxing crescent

Ohh boy. Thank you for the update.

.... though Im just going to say all the data for the DC Moon Watch Doc is null and void until I. (BananaGummyBear or Pinkgothic) can fix it. I'll need to fix the summary too.

I'm actually kind of glad though. I was disappointed when the moons continued to share cycles after the firs change. I mean, why have two moons if both are going to do the same thing?

In other news,

"Lunar Heralds are deeply attuned to the two moons of Valkemare, Aurax and Cirion. Strictly nocturnal, they draw energy from moonlight and will only hunt when the moons have waned. When breeding, the amount of moonlight the parents receive from each moon will determine the color of the egg produced. When a Lunar Herald is struck by direct moonlight, an illusion of multiple wings may appear. Witnessing a Lunar Herald’s illusory wings is commonly believed to be a sign of good fortune."

As I hinted at before, these were originally submitted as Prize dragons at the same time as the Shimmers.  Unsurprisingly, Gold = 1st, Silver = 2nd, Bronze = 3rd.  The blue color was meant to be my alt.  They were called Prismatic Heralds at the time and were linked to the sun instead.  The moon phases came after Shimmers were chosen for the new Prize breed.  The "good fortune" bit is also a reference to their Prize origin - the original description said that owning a wild-caught one was considered to be the epitome of good luck. 

So, without further ado:

*~ All About Lunar Heralds ~*

Despite their appearance, Lunar Heralds only have two wings, and they are very delicate and thin.  The wings are covered in fine iridescent dust similar in composition to the powder of a butterfly's wing.   The dust is actually comprised of shed skin from the dragon's wing membranes.  It easily brushes off when touched and is believed to contain magical properties.  The dust is replenished the next time the dragon sheds its skin.

When the wings are oriented correctly to the angles of the moons, the iridescent powder gleams like a rainbow.  During this time, an illusion of multiple wings may occasionally appear.  Depending on the brightness of the moonlight, this illusion can be quite vibrant.

Lunar Heralds are not overly large dragons.  Their body size is comparable to that of an average horse, not including their wings, neck, and tail.  They are very delicate creatures and quite lightweight for their size.  This combination makes them quite fast both in the air and on the ground should they need to escape a threat.

With the exception of mating season, Lunar Heralds are purely solitary creatures.  They do not feel safe in the company of other dragons, since they lack any real defenses against attack.  Hence when encountering another dragon, they will usually hide themselves away.  If the dragon is another Herald, they will greet each other by touching their front feet together and then go their separate ways.

Every night when the moons are visible, a Lunar Herald will seek an open area to "moonbathe".  This is incredibly important for them as they draw energy from solar radiation reflected off Valkemare's moons.  Direct solar radiation from the daytime sun is too strong for them and can be lethal if they are subject to long periods of exposure.

Lunar Heralds breed at all times of the month, and the intensity of the moonlight from Valkemare's moons determines the color of the egg produced.  This color will remain with the dragon throughout its life.  Despite their differences in appearance, Lunar Heralds are accepting of all within their species - they are all the same, after all.

When the moons have waned or there is an extended period of heavy cloud cover, Lunar Heralds are forced to hunt instead of moonbathing.  However, this can be dangerous for them due to their frailty, so they normally feed on smaller creatures like mice and rabbits.

Thank you for all this lovely info! I love it when creators post lore.

Edited by Shokomon

Edit: So, this means that the eggs (gold and bronze) were under the effect of the phases below instead of what was previously recorded OR is this information only applicable now?

- This determines whether I need to reboot everything or not.

I'm pretty sure this means the eggs were under the effect of the phases mentioned by TJ, yeah. smile.gif Makes a lot more sense. My initial theory was probably even approximately right, then, which is awkward now laugh.gif :

If you'd asked me before I nabbed any eggs what I'd assume the correspondence of eggs to moons to be like, I would have said:

First, group moon phases like this:

Group A:

- first quarter

- waxing gibbous

- full moon

- waning gibbous

Group B:

- last/third quarter

- waning crescent

- new moon

- waxing crescent

In that case, the colours work like this:

- White: Aurax A, Cirion A

- Gold: Aurax A, Cirion B

- Blue: Aurax B, Cirion A

- Dark: Aurax B, Cirion B

But that's evidently not what's happening. xd.png

Edited by pinkgothic

I have exactly one egg slot before I am completely locked xd.png saving it for the next colour *prays its sapphire blue*

I'm hoping it's the next one too! Everything is so confusing that I'm not sure when the next phase could be, but I'm trying to keep slots open at the very least a little bit xd.png (unsuccessfully)

I wish eggs could hatch fasterrr sad.gif

I'll stop obsessively hunting for a second bronze egg now, at least for the time being. It seems pointless and annoys me no end. I'll just keep on clicking on things when I'm doing stuff online anyway but won't go on DC just for the new release any longer, as I start feeling stupid about it.

I forgot again. I repulsed a missclick, turned a vampire, and got a 6th bronze.

Does anyone know what time (PST) the next drop will be, if it's the same length as last time? I hope these eggies hatch!

How soon after the initial Release did the Bronzes start dropping?

Release - Aug 29

Bronze - Sept 1

So are we thinking that there will be another color dropping tonight or tomorrow?

Are there bronzes in any other biome than desert and volcano? I think I read they are dropping in Alpine but I haven't seen any in the cave or on anyone's scroll.

Edited by snakehands

Yay all my pretties grew up! ^.^

So happy! Now to breed them! (Once the ratios are a little bit not as messed up so I don't get yelled at or so I can grab a few more, which ever works xd.png)

Are there bronzes in any other biome than desert and volcano? I think I read they are dropping in Alpine but I haven't seen any.

They drop in the Alpine too, but they seem to be more scarce there.

Edited by Isuzu