TJ09

2015-08-29 - August Release

Patience, my young Padawans! I've been out of the house all morning. I will start typing up my information post now.

Thank you! We will be patient biggrin.gif

Patience, my young Padawans! I've been out of the house all morning. I will start typing up my information post now.

Sqeeeee Yes!! biggrin.gif

Woot!! Totally worth staying up late biggrin.gif

Got my first from a really amazing person. smile.gif Thank you, you know who you are! wub.gif

Mm just caught my 7th bronze Lunar, they're pretty hard to catch now o~o I've been sitting in the desert for the past few hours. I'll give some of mine to my friends if they want them since they've been busy with schoolwork, otherwise I don't think I'll be hunting for any more bronze ones haha. ´ω`;;

Good luck to everyone else!

Got bombed :3 my scroll's on all the clicksite lol.

Don't worry whoever you are, I saw this coming. Thanks to you I can sleep peacefully now that I know I was definitely gonna get bombed and it's not gonna be when I'm asleep. Kudos to you, bomber of the year.

Not gonna be able to stay awake to see LadyLyzar post the info ;-; I'll just wake up earlier to read it!! Thank you LadyLyzar!

Was working on getting eggs for some people, but I hardly see any right now 0.o

Suffering from lag though. sad.gif

I have a half hour until I have to leave for work. Ooohhh I want to read that information post before then! *on edge of seat*

Come on one last hatchling grow up! Pleeeeaaassseee? I'll give you cookies! *holds out plate of cookies to hatchling*

OOH I KNOW! COOKIES MADE OF MOONLIGHT SHOULD WORK!!

Edited by Clya

Come on one last hatchling grow up! Pleeeeaaassseee? I'll give you cookies! *holds out plate of cookies to hatchling*

I don't think a dragon would like cookies lol, try steak, my hatchies grew up quick when I shoved sirloin in their faces biggrin.gif

Thank you! We will be patient biggrin.gif

Speak for yourself!

Just for fun, I tried catching on my phone...it was not pleasant.

i saw a paper clicked on it and got it refreshed the same biome and in the spot the paper was sat a bronze which i didnt get. tiny consolation prize xd.png but i want a bronze!

i saw a paper clicked on it and got it refreshed the same biome and in the spot the paper was sat a bronze which i didnt get. tiny consolation prize xd.png but i want a bronze!

I saw a Paper and Bronze in the Volcano and grabbed the Paper since I knew I wouldn't get the Bronze xd.png

*Edit* Ohmygosh my friend keeps getting them, he told me he doesn't really like them so he's gonna give them to me when I have room Imma cry ;A;

Edited by Seghs

There were maybe five in a row in the Volcano! I got another one!

ETA: Ok so maybe one or two were on the left and the others were on the right - but still...

Edited by oddsoxdi

There were maybe five in a row in the Volcano! I got another one!

*rushed to Volcano*

*gets there*

Oh wait...

I'm egglocked sad.gifxd.png

Finally caught one! *dances*

And thanks to a lovely person (you know who you are wub.gif) I have a pair now so I'm done for this set.

*tries to stay as zen as possible for the next colors*

I want to hunt and i want to know more... sad.gif The eggs are blocking me for another round about 3 hours and patience is not my name. wink.gif

Guessing they will be like the seasonal breed, but monthly.... just bred 2 brown eggs from gold parents xd.png

That will do me as cant for the life of me catch a CB brown lol

*my laptop freezes for 30secs on every hourly drop - heres to never catching any rares lol*

Edited by Saori_Nightstar

"Lunar Heralds are deeply attuned to the two moons of Valkemare, Aurax and Cirion. Strictly nocturnal, they draw energy from moonlight and will only hunt when the moons have waned. When breeding, the amount of moonlight the parents receive from each moon will determine the color of the egg produced. When a Lunar Herald is struck by direct moonlight, an illusion of multiple wings may appear. Witnessing a Lunar Herald’s illusory wings is commonly believed to be a sign of good fortune."

As I hinted at before, these were originally submitted as Prize dragons at the same time as the Shimmers. Unsurprisingly, Gold = 1st, Silver = 2nd, Bronze = 3rd. The blue color was meant to be my alt. They were called Prismatic Heralds at the time and were linked to the sun instead. The moon phases came after Shimmers were chosen for the new Prize breed. The "good fortune" bit is also a reference to their Prize origin - the original description said that owning a wild-caught one was considered to be the epitome of good luck.

So, without further ado:

*~ All About Lunar Heralds ~*

Despite their appearance, Lunar Heralds only have two wings, and they are very delicate and thin. The wings are covered in fine iridescent dust similar in composition to the powder of a butterfly's wing. The dust is actually comprised of shed skin from the dragon's wing membranes. It easily brushes off when touched and is believed to contain magical properties. The dust is replenished the next time the dragon sheds its skin.

When the wings are oriented correctly to the angles of the moons, the iridescent powder gleams like a rainbow. During this time, an illusion of multiple wings may occasionally appear. Depending on the brightness of the moonlight, this illusion can be quite vibrant.

Lunar Heralds are not overly large dragons. Their body size is comparable to that of an average horse, not including their wings, neck, and tail. They are very delicate creatures and quite lightweight for their size. This combination makes them quite fast both in the air and on the ground should they need to escape a threat.

With the exception of mating season, Lunar Heralds are purely solitary creatures. They do not feel safe in the company of other dragons, since they lack any real defenses against attack. Hence when encountering another dragon, they will usually hide themselves away. If the dragon is another Herald, they will greet each other by touching their front feet together and then go their separate ways.

Every night when the moons are visible, a Lunar Herald will seek an open area to "moonbathe". This is incredibly important for them as they draw energy from solar radiation reflected off Valkemare's moons. Direct solar radiation from the daytime sun is too strong for them and can be lethal if they are subject to long periods of exposure.

Lunar Heralds breed at all times of the month, and the intensity of the moonlight from Valkemare's moons determines the color of the egg produced. This color will remain with the dragon throughout its life. Despite their differences in appearance, Lunar Heralds are accepting of all within their species - they are all the same, after all.

When the moons have waned or there is an extended period of heavy cloud cover, Lunar Heralds are forced to hunt instead of moonbathing. However, this can be dangerous for them due to their frailty, so they normally feed on smaller creatures like mice and rabbits.

Edited by LadyLyzar

Heads up: The help page was displaying the wrong moon phase for Cirion (it was actually just displaying Aurax's phase for both). The actual egg colors are correct.

Since that screws up everyone's data collecting, here's the phases for the days since the release:

Aug 29, 2015

Aurax: Waning gibbous

Cirion: Waning crescent

Aug 30, 2015

Aug 31, 2015

Sep 01, 2015