cyradis4

Reduce Time to Abandon CB eggs

Also, I would assume that many cheaters are likely using multiple scrolls with little on them, so could be no-trophy or Bronze, limiting the catch on each to 4 or 5 dragons. If they're checked only once or twice a day, with the current 5-hour cool-down, it's bad enough, but with an hour... eeeeeps!

This is a case where I DO think the potentials for cheating DO need to be taken into account. sad.gif

Sorry but I need to (partially, only partially) disagree. If the cheater is using a script why would he/she care about the cool-down time? Supposedly scripts do not mis-click.

Sorry but I need to (partially, only partially) disagree. If the cheater is using a script why would he/she care about the cool-down time? Supposedly scripts do not mis-click.

I... think SullenCat is right, re cheaters.

I haven't checked into scripts for DC, but I am familiar with programming in general, and do a good bit with Visual Basic. The only ones who would take advantage of the shorter cooldown are those grabbing multiple eggs in a row while refreshing, and hoping for a rare. A scripter wouldn't be doing that, because they wouldn't need to grab the extra commons to dump in an hour.

In fact... The only way this would "help" a scripter at all is to make the Biomes move more.... Which helps everyone else more! A Scripter can already get all the metals they need / want, just by the shuffles, judging from the rumors of recent shenanigans.

Soooo.... In short, the shorter cooldown helps those who are NOT scripters and hurts scripters, by letting those same not-scripters move 7 eggs quickly more often... And grabbing the rares for the non-cheaters.

Cheers!

C4.

I would love a shorter cool-down time. I've been running into issues lately when I hunt for Pinks, and I keep grabbing Flamingos instead. I actually need Flamingos to meet my scroll goals, but it feels like I'm wasting a slot holding them for the full hatching time; I would much rather find them in the AP and raise them at that point. I would love it if I could reliably find more CB eggs in the AP... that's where I seem to do all my hunting these days, anyway.

Well, other than fishing for Pinks and Reds, which I seem to be rather good at snatching /shrugs.

So yes, to conclude my rambling, I would love a shorter CD time and would love it if more CBs got cycled through the AP, however that happens.

Edited by silver_chan

No, scripts probably wouldn't mis-click, but with only an hour's cool-down, the eggs could then be traded almost immediately, scripted multi-scrolls could be checked more often and emptied more quickly for trades of multiples for 2nd gen Prize IOUs and the like, to be re-activated for another full load. sad.gif

This hour-long cool-down wouldn't be restricted to those dumping Commons to the AP, and we don't want to speed up an assembly-line which would ensure that most of the Cave never got any chance to see 'trade fodder' dragons already being snapped up in large quantities for trades so quickly, they're currently invisible to many as it stands - and this would, of course, include beautiful new dragons like the Zenos, which are already at risk of being turned into 'a Blusang' (Copper, Pyral) through the fastest (and cheaters) collecting mass quantities far beyond what they'd otherwise take for their own scrolls, because of trading multiples for single dragons, potentially at a later date as well.

The fact of this large-scale capture by a relatively small group continually occurring, even with the 5-hour CD, makes 'trade fodder' dragons seem scarce even when dropping well, raising demand in trades and setting up a vicious cycle.

The limiting factors on fast non-cheaters involve scroll space and CD times; for cheaters, I suspect that CD times are the only limiting factors for trade turn-over.

Personally, I'd like to see a variety in the Cave and be able to see and sometimes even catch dragons I'd like or need for something, and most of the members feel the same - I strongly believe that a one-hour cool-down would actively work against this, which has been specified as a goal of this Suggestion, and feel that anything under 3 hours would be, to say the least, counter-productive to this aim.

No, scripts probably wouldn't mis-click, but with only an hour's cool-down, the eggs could then be traded almost immediately, scripted multi-scrolls could be checked more often and emptied more quickly for trades of multiples for 2nd gen Prize IOUs and the like, to be re-activated for another full load.  sad.gif 

IMHO there are not enough 2nd Gen Prizes eggs available at the same time to allow for such frenetic activity. Even if there were, there's time needed to contact the breeder, time zone differences etc. Honestly I don't think that what you just described is realistic.

My major concern on all this is that many threads are presenting scripters/multi-scrollers as Supermen. Last time I wanted to gift a couple of Reds to a co-worker, it took me half day to get a hold of her. She sits 2 offices away from me. How many times did happen to you to chase for days after a giftee that was perfectly aware that you were breeding for them? Assuming that their scroll is not locked etc. Again, that assembly-line does not sound realistic.

IMHO there are not enough 2nd Gen Prizes eggs available at the same time to allow for such frenetic activity. Even if there were, there's time needed to contact the breeder, time zone differences etc. Honestly I don't think that what you just described is realistic.

My major concern on all this is that many threads are presenting scripters/multi-scrollers as Supermen. Last time I wanted to gift a couple of Reds to a co-worker, it took me half day to get a hold of her. She sits 2 offices away from me. How many times did happen to you to chase for days after a giftee that was perfectly aware that you were breeding for them? Assuming that their scroll is not locked etc. Again, that assembly-line does not sound realistic.

Not saying that it would happen that way in every instance, but it would create the potential for further increased activity in that area.

In example, Zenos are still Dropping well, but are being snapped up so quickly as to not appear to those currently having slower Refreshes, in great part because a lot of people are offering sizable trades for them.

Prize IOUs (and Neglecteds and the like) allow for a greater flexibility in future trades which may not even be posted.

There are hundreds of CB Prize owners, as well as many others, growing more likely to try to trade for Zenos as they grow harder to catch with more people asking for trades, making them harder for any but the fastest to catch, in a worsening cycle, even though they are still not effectively rare, even after all this.

There's a thread up now, by someone upset with so many posts by people trading Zenos only for other Zenos or for Prizes/CB metals...

I have to admit that I also can't see TJ reducing biome CD to an hour, and any reduction isn't likely to begin with - a lessened CD time has been asked for over years without effect, most likely at least partially due to issues such as those I'm raising, as well as previous concerns with an AP which used to Block the Cave.

Not saying that it would happen that way in every instance, but it would create the potential for further increased activity in that area.

In example, Zenos are still Dropping well, but are being snapped up so quickly as to not appear to those currently having slower Refreshes, in great part because a lot of people are offering sizable trades for them.

Prize IOUs (and Neglecteds and the like) allow for a greater flexibility in future trades which may not even be posted.

There are hundreds of CB Prize owners, as well as many others, growing more likely to try to trade for Zenos as they grow harder to catch with more people asking for trades, making them harder for any but the fastest to catch, in a worsening cycle, even though they are still not effectively rare, even after all this.

There's a thread up now, by someone upset with so many posts by people trading Zenos only for other Zenos or for Prizes/CB metals...

I have to admit that I also can't see TJ reducing biome CD to an hour, and any reduction isn't likely to begin with - a lessened CD time has been asked for over years without effect, most likely at least partially due to issues such as those I'm raising, as well as previous concerns with an AP which used to Block the Cave.

I doubt that the Xenos issue has anything to do with scripting. I've been watching the biomes and I saw a ton of Xenos. As in: 5 or more per hour just in the Jungle. I didn't try to catch any since I've already the ones I wanted but I could see that they were still there after a couple of refreshes. Multi-scrolling, as identified in a fan site, could be. But not scripting.

Respectfully, I didn't see a ton of 2G Prizes owners willing to trade for Xenos. Actually, I think I saw ONE. I saw a lot of trades of 3G asking for Xenos but... I do not find 3G valuable enough vs the time spent catching Xenos in the biomes.

Like you, I don't envisage that TJ will reduce the cool-down time any time soon. Even if... the faster people can abandon their eggs, the faster than go back in the Biomes and that's an advantage for the site. More eggs in the AP = more people hunting them once they can be incubated, another positive. I can't see negatives from the site point of view so... maybe this suggestion will be implemented. Maybe with a compromise on 3 hours.

Honestly, I'm finding this Scripter Scare to be utterly ridiculous lately.

You got a scripter problem? Report it to TJ and let him deal with it. The correct course of action is NOT saying no to every single suggestion in this section just because "scripters might take advantage of it" at the expense of the majority of the playerbase.

This kind of thinking leads to stagnation because no gameplay improvement will get implemented, and the game is already pretty stagnant to begin with if you ask me.

Edited by CNR4806

Honestly, I'm finding this Scripter Scare to be utterly ridiculous lately.

You got a scripter problem? Report it to TJ and let him deal with it. The correct course of action is NOT saying no to every single suggestion in this section just because "scripters might take advantage of it" at the expense of the majority of the playerbase.

This kind of thinking leads to stagnation because no gameplay improvement will get implemented, and the game is already pretty stagnant to begin with if you ask me.

This, pretty much.

We as rules abiding users do NOT deserve to be punished for what cheaters do.

I have to wonder how many cheaters there ARE as opposed to those that play be the rules?

Far fewer, I would have to think... if ONLY because no one wants to get 'busted' and have their scroll burned and all their dragons with it.

THAT being said, any multis or scripters that DO get caught deserved to be punished to the fullest extent.

That is part of why the staff and TJ are here, after all... to make SURE that things are done fairly and properly.

As for the suggestion itself, I'd be in favor of a shorter cooldown for CB eggs. It is a pain to be stuck with something you don't want for five hours... FIVE HOURS. And even WORSE if it happens to be something you want to trade. At the very LEAST I'd like to see the cooldown reduced or altered to allow for trading. I do get that there are reasons for the cooldown..... SO I am sure we won't get it removed entirely, but reduced to three hours for abandoning and one for trades? That'd be great to see.

Edited by Silverswift

Thing is, while high trade prices DO encourage cheating, this doesn't just facilitate cheaters.

It also enables non-cheating fast catchers to potentially have a higher turn-over in trading, in a situation where the great majority lacking fast connections are already having a hard time even seeing many dragons, including a number of merely UnCommon dragons, because between those having faster connections snapping up any dragons categorized as 'trade fodder' and slow refreshes often preventing most from even seeing even the relatively high Drop rate of the Zenos, hunting is both boring and discouraging for those finding only endless lines of over-Commons repeating in their searches.

Granted, a great deal of this has to do with the dreadful state of the ratios, but reducing CDs to anything less than 3 hours would certainly worsen it considerably, as fast catchers could trade an hour later under this Suggestion as made and come back for more, rather than having individually to wait for cool-downs.

And a number of fast-catching people quite often DO arrange trades, especially future trades, on spec, and then go out and start catching, passing their booty over as possible.

I'd support a 3-hour CD, but not a single hour, which I do strongly feel is a step too far, under the circumstances.

Edit: hi, SullenCat! smile.gif

Indeed there are lots of Zeno's Dropping! I came on the other day, tired and dozy as all get-out, but got a period of better refreshes, saw but missed 4 Zeno's in the same biome in under 20 minutes, (and do not have a great connection, either, just regular wireless, and periodically a lot of connection issues) had some coffee, and got one in the same biome, (the 5th I'd seen in I think less than a half an hour of actual hunting within the same hour, and the biome wasn't moving all that much, either,) for my only then-open spot. But I'd had a whole day and night of hunting a few days ago when I saw none, due to lag and slow refreshes, and generally catch only one or two, in the moments when refreshes improve, as hunting's useless otherwise, although you never know when it might perk up, here and there. And some people never even get those periods of better refreshes at all, due to really lousy connections... sad.gif

Add in the high demand for any new egg, the fact that these are gorgeous sprites, and the fact that they are, at least currently, trade fodder - and I really don't think that a one-hour CD for biome eggs would help the situation.

But we do seem to agree on a 3-hour compromise, lol.

I would like to point out, though, that a number of trades aren't publicly posted, and that a lot of people likely still do offer privately, for future eggs, even if lists aren't much of thing anymore.

And I will continue to advocate for the automatic, player-responsive Biome-to-AP-dump of untaken eggs - apart from everything else, players should not be expected to routinely have to waste time and space taking unwanted eggs at all in a collecting game, and I'm not fond of the notion of having this incorporated into the game as an official thing, even with a reduced CD.

Edited by Syphoneira

Thing is, while high trade prices DO encourage cheating, this doesn't just facilitate cheaters.

It also enables non-cheating fast catchers to potentially have a higher turn-over in trading, in a situation where the great majority lacking fast connections are already having a hard time even seeing many dragons, including a number of merely UnCommon dragons, because between those having faster connections snapping up any dragons categorized as 'trade fodder' and slow refreshes often preventing most from even seeing even the relatively high Drop rate of the Zenos, hunting is both boring and discouraging for those finding only endless lines of over-Commons repeating in their searches.

Granted, a great deal of this has to do with the dreadful state of the ratios, but reducing CDs to anything less than 3 hours would certainly worsen it considerably, as fast catchers could trade an hour later under this Suggestion as made and come back for more, rather than having individually to wait for cool-downs.

And a number of fast-catching people quite often DO arrange trades, especially future trades, on spec, and then go out and start catching, passing their booty over as possible.

I'd support a 3-hour CD, but not a single hour, which I do strongly feel is a step too far, under the circumstances.

You have to understand that should fast catchers be able to catch more and trade faster with an Hour cool down that they will eventually even out the trading market to where people will eventually have had their fill of metals that there will be no point in offering them anymore right?

Those who do trade for metals would eventually get their fill and no longer trade for metals and rares because well they will have enough so they will eventually lessen their expectation from rares to groups of uncommons and such that they may need for scroll goals, etc, meaning metal and rare catches will be left out of a market eventually.

So on that note I agree with this:

-snip- ... reduced to three hours for abandoning and one for trades? That'd be great to see.

It just makes sense to me

Well, didn't read much of the 1 hour cool down. But from what I've read it's a lot about all the new breeds in biomes and being locked for 5 hours.

Since there's so many new dragons, maybe a 2nd row eggs?

You have to understand that should fast catchers be able to catch more and trade faster with an Hour cool down that they will eventually even out the trading market to where people will eventually have had their fill of metals that there will be no point in offering them anymore right?

Those who do trade for metals would eventually get their fill and no longer trade for metals and rares because well they will have enough so they will eventually lessen their expectation from rares to groups of uncommons and such that they may need for scroll goals, etc, meaning metal and rare catches will be left out of a market eventually.

So on that note I agree with this:

It just makes sense to me

Hi, AnanoKimi! smile.gif

Actually, fast catchers (and cheaters) have for years been catching the available metals often in scrolls-full so quickly that most of us never ordinarily see them, regardless of whether or not most CB Prize owners wanted any more, or whether they got any trades out of scroll-fulls offered, again and yet again, even at times when there were literally very few Prize owners of dragons with already over-full lists taking perhaps years to fill, some leaving the site because their dragons failed to produce and/or because so flooded with requests to trade.

And honestly, even apart from this often disproven perception that CB Prize owners want only limitless amounts of whatever the most 'valuable' dragon can be provided and will change all plans and commitments to get, I don't think that promoting the idea that a limited group already able to snag the bulk of the most desirable dragons (which others also need for scroll goals and to continue/start lineages) should have more to 'even out the trading market' is actually a good thing for either the members or the site depending on them.

Most people are here to collect dragons for themselves, not to catch heaps only to trade them for other things, as a means to an unending end, since one or a few of any dragon wanted is, for most fanatic DC collectors, a bare beginning.

And it's not just metals, either.

As beautiful sprites were Released, they also became trade fodder, and Coppers, Blusang, the more unusually coloured Alpine and Coast Pyrals (and I've still seen none of the latter, with all the time I've spent hunting since this Release,) and now the Zenos get snapped up in multiples by the fastest/cheaters for trade as well as for personal use, making them impossible to see with slower refreshes and appear rare to many, even when not.

The problems lie in things like slow-moving biomes loaded with blockers (which I'd frankly rather see autoed into the AP as untaken eggs by the system to be raised as low-timers than have the taking of unwanted eggs and wasting of player's 'fun' time by members incorporated into the official DC system in this manner,) lag and slow refreshes due to lousy connections, as most people can't afford fast systems and play here often because a fast system wasn't originally required to have a chance, with enough time and effort put in, to catch any dragon Dropping in the Cave - and the continuing perception among many that no-longer-incredibly-rare CB Prize owners must and can be tempted into trades with very large offers of the most in-demand dragons, even though many have their own immediate plans for offspring not involving such trades, at least not until these goals have been fulfilled.

Without any chance of catching anything longer-term players already have plenty of, and this being encouraged 'to even out the trading market', why should we continue hunting the biomes at all?

What immediate effect (apart from the potential long-term ones) would a one-hour CD have on New Releases, where some people still have trouble catching even in Floods, in the limited time they may have to play?

I know I'm often hunting with only one or two spots open and am unlikely to fill these with blockers, even for an hour, unless I'm going to be off-line for a while, in which case I likely wouldn't be hunting; while some might nobly fill with blockers held for only an hour, the overall results potentially mightn't touch even those which would result from the auto-dumping system of untaken eggs without imposing on the players because a lot of us are locked or close to it a lot of the time.

There are a lot of Blockers, and a lot of programs involving armies of people devoted to reducing them over the years have failed to produce the degree of improvement necessary.

There are a number of factors to consider, and I personally wouldn't support any CD under 3 hours because of these.

From the thread about changing Golds rarity, I understand that prize owners would rather just blood swap but... not insisting...

For what concerns the cooldown time, I would prefer it as short as possible. I remember being quite annoyed by a misclick, attempting to vamp the egg and ending with a dead egg. Not a very patient person here.

People trying to trade for 2nd gens do need to understand that most of us, Prize owners or not, would love to have a whole bunch of 2nd gens, increasing the chances of actually getting shinies out of the little blighters, lol.

If I ever won a Prize, I know I'd be very annoying to would-be traders as I'd be swapping to increase the gifting pool and gifting to a long list of very lovely people over years, (drat it, lol) probably very little trading at all.

Misclicks ARE annoying as all get-out, but considering the potential consequences, I'd rather have to hold an unwanted egg through cool-down the odd time this happens than go to an hour only...

From the thread about changing Golds rarity, I understand that prize owners would rather just blood swap but... not insisting...

For what concerns the cooldown time, I would prefer it as short as possible. I remember being quite annoyed by a misclick, attempting to vamp the egg and ending with a dead egg. Not a very patient person here.

Most CB Prize owners want their own individual things. I own four 2nd gen Prizes and multiple 2nd gen Prize Kin, and I didn't trade a SINGLE CB METAL for any one of them.

The "myth" that you need a gob of CB Metals (or other absurdly rare dragons) to get a 2nd gen Prize or a CB Prize yourself is just that: a myth.

But you DO have to work for it, and at times, work very hard (if its a common IOU type deal). And you have to get lucky. Very lucky. And... The truth is, those gobs of CB metal offers always stuck around... and around... and around.... And were always there, and those same people were trading low time metals for high time ones. Gobs of metals does not assure you of getting that coveted 2nd gen.

As for cooldown, a staged approach is probably best. Try 3 hours, and see how things work. Then, if things go well, drop it to 2 or 1. The 5 hrs is pretty much a whole day's hunting.

Cheers!

C4.

In accordance to your reply you have to think of it like this:

With the demand for rares and metals down due to traders getting their fill, rare and metal catches will lessen their focus on said rares and metals and thus allow for others to get in on it. Its going to need time. A 3 hour cool down for abandoment and a 1 hour cool down for trade wont make things any worse than kick eggs to the AP, or trying to tweak the rarity, or increasing egg/hatchi slots and such.

If we base our suggestions on the fear of "cheaters and fast clickers will dominate the market!" Then lets remove trading, lets not have any rares, ND's should be spit easy to obtain and that way everything is equal and everyone can have a little bit of everything with out the fear of cheaters and fast clickers. The only reason those wxist is because everything has a labeled rarity. If everything is made into one rarity group (namely common) then all of those issues will disappear.

If we want to keep the challenge level of this game then we need to change things up to make it so that they site and user base on its own evens out ratios and trading wants. The more these fast clickers and cheaters offer metals, the more people will become full of them and no loner ask for them. The less they are asked for the less they are caught. The less they are caught the better chance that those without the ability to catch them previously have a chance now. Its how the system works. It will definitely take time and it will be frustrating during that time but it will eventually even out and thus allow for others to catch what is needed.

In accordance to your reply you have to think of it like this:

With the demand for rares and metals down due to traders getting their fill, rare and metal catches will lessen their focus on said rares and metals and thus allow for others to get in on it. Its going to need time. A 3 hour cool down for abandoment and a 1 hour cool down for trade wont make things any worse than kick eggs to the AP, or trying to tweak the rarity, or increasing egg/hatchi slots and such.

If we base our suggestions on the fear of "cheaters and fast clickers will dominate the market!" Then lets remove trading, lets not have any rares, ND's should be spit easy to obtain and that way everything is equal and everyone can have a little bit of everything with out the fear of cheaters and fast clickers. The only reason those wxist is because everything has a labeled rarity. If everything is made into one rarity group (namely common) then all of those issues will disappear.

If we want to keep the challenge level of this game then we need to change things up to make it so that they site and user base on its own evens out ratios and trading wants. The more these fast clickers and cheaters offer metals, the more people will become full of them and no loner ask for them. The less they are asked for the less they are caught. The less they are caught the better chance that those without the ability to catch them previously have a chance now. Its how the system works. It will definitely take time and it will be frustrating during that time but it will eventually even out and thus allow for others to catch what is needed.

Ummm, actually, the fast clickers and cheaters have dominated the market ever since the Prizes came out in such miniscule amounts as to unbalance the whole shebang, lol.

As C-4 points out, some of the people offering large numbers of Golds have kept their offers up for very extended periods of time by swapping hatchies for eggs, or ER eggs for ones with more time, perhaps without ever getting a trade for them.

Much of the demand for the 'most valuable' dragons is created by the perception C-4 referred to as the myth that big enough offers of enough hard-to-get dragons are required for 2nd gen offers, and some people are apparently still offering/asking 4 CB Golds for one, maintaining an inflated level.

In part because so many accumulated large offers would be 'wasted' by growing up on people's scrolls or ultimately traded for other things, the demand for these other dragons to use for 2nd gen offers continues, even though many of these continue to fail in achieving their goal, which is unlikely to include only one 2nd gen, or only a few. DC is a place for dragon collectors, and many of us like a lot of what we like, especially when hoping for shinies out of often-recalcitrant low-gen shinies.

It will always be the case that some people are faster than others, which isn't actually the problem; it's more a combination of this remaining degree of relative scarcity of 2nd gen Prizes and the perceptions of what needs to be offered for them, and of the biome-blockers preventing movement to allow less-Common eggs to show together with the cause, being the sheer numbers produced of so many types of over-Common eggs, well beyond the capacity of willing members to raise them, the latter of which I still feel would be best addressed, barring a player-responsive ratio adjustment, by the auto-kick to the AP of untaken biome eggs in a player-responsive fashion, without relying on the sacrifice of the member's playing time and precious egg spaces, even if for shorter periods.

The more I think about it, the more evident it seems to me that it should not be enshrined in the DC system that members exist to take unwanted dragons in what ought to be a fun and productive leisure time break, in a collecting game, from an often sucky RL.

Currently, probably the great bulk of the Cave membership faces challenges which people able to afford/access faster systems may not even be able imagine - if those on fast systems want more challenge, they do have an option of down-grading their connections. It seems a bit silly to maximize speed and complain that things are then 'too easy'...

When are people ever going to 'get their fill' of various 2nd gens, in order to stop accumulating trade offers of other dragons, including those not intended to be rare but beautiful and used as trade fodder to the extent that they effectively may become rare to all but the fastest?

For that, I suspect that we need an even better supply of 2nd gen Prizes and a change in perception so that people no longer assume that scroll-fulls of the 'most valuable' dragons must be always kept on hand for 2nd gen Prize offers.

Again, then lets completely reduce their rarity. Its the only other solution. The perception that something is needed for something else would be removed if everything is made dirt common. If Prizes bred true more often than not then they wont be worth much, if metals are dirt common then everyone will have one, if everything is placed without rarity this can truly become a collection game because there will be no hindrance and no overwhelming challenge.

Honestly that's it. People will eventually either trade their rares for less or not catch them as often allowing those who cannot catch them to obtain them better.

The other alternative is to remove all sorts of rarity and make everything equally common to remove this issue of cheaters and fast clickers so that everyone can get what they want/need without much issue and to accommodate for everyone's game play and time.

The other alternative is to remove all sorts of rarity and make everything equally common to remove this issue of cheaters and fast clickers so that everyone can get what they want/need without much issue and to accommodate for everyone's game play and time.

I support this.

I think this game doesn't need the rarity "concept". All dragons should be easy to get. The rarity completely ruin the game.

I support this.

I think this game doesn't need the rarity "concept". All dragons should be easy to get. The rarity completely ruin the game.

Brilliant! Why shouldn't people value dragons for their sprites or personal needs/uses, rather than for 'trade value'?

And why shouldn't we maximize the variety we have, rather than making hunting boring with tons of dragons longer-term players don't need more of, while many can't catch ones they DO need?

It's the dragons that should individually matter to people, after all, not what they'll bring in trade relative to something else.

Naturally, some of the most beautiful would still be harder to get due to resultant increased demand, and the ones most people don't need/want more of would still sit in the biomes, but if there was a set and equal variety Dropping, with the auto-kick to the AP of eggs sitting longer than 5 minutes, we'd still have more movement, although we'd still need more of the more recent Releases... Dunno how that could be worked out in a user-responsive fashion, but there would probably be ways for someone knowledgeable to work that out.

That would certainly put the focus back on the dragons and kill a lot of the incentive to cheat, improving hunting, all kinds of things.

Great suggestion, AnanoKimi!

The cooldown time is there for a reason - so people can't just click on everything and clear out the cave. I'm therefore uncomfortable reducing it to anything lower than three hours.

Getting rid of rarity will also get away the excitement of actually getting something. Making things reasonable to get with sufficient effort is great, but I wouldn't want everything to have the same drop rate because then you're robbing people of that elation that comes with catching a CB Metal. You're also depriving hunters of the main reason they play DC, so they'll probably get bored and leave the site. Is DC only meant for the lineage builders and army collectors?

Getting rid of rarity will also get away the excitement of actually getting something. Making things reasonable to get with sufficient effort is great, but I wouldn't want everything to have the same drop rate because then you're robbing people of that elation that comes with catching a CB Metal. You're also depriving hunters of the main reason they play DC, so they'll probably get bored and leave the site. Is DC only meant for the lineage builders and army collectors?

Lol, look at the UnCommons which went rare with, granted, much of this resulting from trade fodder issues.

But not every dragon is going to be desired by most people, so there would be a user-driven variation, but it presumably mightn't be as severe or at least hopefully not to a point where some sprites become invisible to most because they drop much less often than others and are highly desired for their sprite, driving the it-must-be-rare 'trade value/fodder' mind-set.

Thing is, a lot of people never even get to see these other dragons, let alone have the fun of catching any, just the same old, same old, biome blockers and maybe the odd Dino or whatever, and I'll bet a lot more people are here to collect all of the dragons than to maybe not be able to collect some of them ever, in CB form.

When I first started, it WAS possible to catch any dragon with enough time and effort put in and catching the odd metallic was a HUGE thrill, while unCommons showed fairly frequently and were fun to catch - you never knew what might show up in a Cave that often moved. That was on a genuine antique computer, and with far fewer sprites to provide variety (for at least new people) than we have now, only we've been too-often seeing nothing but the same over-produced ones for so long, they typically hold no appeal.

Not even seeing anything other than the same freaking dragons over and over again most of the time (barring Releases) is just a boring waste of time for those of us who don't have faster systems to even see anything that might show up, from time to time.

Thats the issue. Continue keeping the cave as is with crazy additions here and there without ful knowledge of whether or not wit will help or reduce most of the rarity to common and uncommon and ensure everyone can get what they want/need without this unecessary hassle of "move the biomes" "Keep an eye on cheaters" "Fast clickers use x dragon as trade fodder".

Dragons would no longer be used as currency simply as same value swap items to ensure scroll completion and lineage building as well as army collection. Of course everyting at dirt common doesnt mean everything will suddenly be uber easy to catch but things will drop often enough in the chaos of tons of other now dirt common things that there will still be some elation to finding that one sesspertine or gold you were looking for.