cyradis4

Reduce Time to Abandon CB eggs

I dunno if Golds and Silvers would even have any major desirability after everything's shifted to having the same rarity. Doing that would immediately cause them to flood the cave to catch up to everything else, and who knows when that'll end. Some breeds, like Whites and Blacks, would end up being blocked by all these former rare and uncommons catching up in the ratios. BSA dragons would become harder to find until everything transitions, and would probably end up being used as the main trade fodder for everything that doesn't drop in the cave.

Man, if everything changed to have the same rarity I might just quit for a year or more. I have this big Falconiform x Fever lineage planned, but that won't happen if the Jungle is blocked by Dinos 90% of the time. Goodbye Sunsong Amphipteres, I will miss you. Farewell dreams of a Hellfire army. If only I amassed more of you while you were real commons.

Edited by Tehya Faye

There's no way that everything will have the same (null) rarity. The only thing that will happen is that eggs from spriter's alts or discontinued breeds or un-obtainable eggs (i.e. old holidays) will become the only rares, shifting the "trading power" to the veterans and the artists.

That and the caveblocker issue with some new releases will happen to every new release, and the problem will be worse than it is now. Hence my farewell to breeds I adore who've been in DC for ages. They'll become a lot more difficult to get if everything is changed to being equal. All the older breeds would suffer a drop in availability, and this would happen to the current caveblockers as time goes by.

Anyways, I'm not opposed to reducing the time to abandon CB eggs. It wouldn't personally benefit me, but it wouldn't hurt me either. I'm fine with it.

Edited by Tehya Faye

I would quit DC if something like that would happen. Not interested on catching/hatching 64 eggs for the lineage that some veteran is breeding just so I can have a dragon with Frills in the lineage. NO, thank you.

ETA: by the way, in that plan for no-rarity what would be done about CB Prizes? Give everybody a few? Or just keep the existing (just worsened) situation? Since nowadays CB Prize owners don't need to do a thing, catch a thing etc. They just need to sit pretty while others cater to their wishes.

Edited by SullenCat

Heh

Again, I personally support a 3 hour abandon cool down and a 1 hour trade cool down. Personally doesnt bother me and its actually helpful I don't care. The whole scripter and fast clicker excuse is just stupid and I hate it being used so damn much.

Honestly a removal of rarity kills most incentive and Syph even said it herself that the only ones with any trade power would be prize owners and spriter alts and well in the end doesnt fix a damn thing so lets just work with what we have instead of contemplating how bad we are at catching things. Thanks to trades we can negotiate and get what we want from others and in the end is not such a bad system. People just like to make it worse than it seems.

Edited by AnanoKimi

Heh

Again, I personally support a 3 hour abandon cool down and a 1 hour trade cool down. Personally doesnt bother me and its actually helpful I don't care. The whole scripter and fast clicker excuse is just stupid and I hate it being used so damn much.

smile.gif I can live with that

Heh

Honestly a removal of rarity kills most incentive and Syph even said it herself that the only ones with any trade power would be prize owners and spriter alts and well in the end doesnt fix a damn thing so lets just work with what we have instead of contemplating how bad we are at catching things. Thanks to trades we can negotiate and get what we want from others and in the end is not such a bad system. People just like to make it worse than it seems.

this is the same reason i don't get the rare hate

even if you wanna hoard them the rares are the only ones people care about they are the driving force behind DC and we could use a few more rares in the cave

Heh

Agreed. Scripters will be handled by TJ as best he can, and there's nothing really wrong with having fast reflexes/connection. Sure, it sucks that a lot of people can't get CBs of certain breeds, but this and something else could help things move into a better state. This plus the store idea (with the scroll/mana summon element) would probably help a lot of people, this plus the biome -> AP suggestion would definitely help speed up the process of moving blockers to a more desirable level...this probably wouldn't help much on its own, but combined with something else it could make a nice amount of difference.

Edited by Tehya Faye

The cooldown time is there for a reason - so people can't just click on everything and clear out the cave. I'm therefore uncomfortable reducing it to anything lower than three hours.

You're putting it as if having the cave cleared out is a bad thing.

Frankly speaking, I'd rather have a cave that clears out within 5 minutes of every hourly drop, than a cave that barely moves for the whole hour.

If cave emptying is really that much of a problem TJ could probably just up the number of eggs produced. It's set to produce however many eggs per number of users online, so I imagine he could just raise the number in the ratio to ensure the biomes always have eggs. The effect on the AP might be noticeable, but I don't think it would be catastrophic.

Edited by Tehya Faye

Frankly speaking, I'd rather have a cave that clears out within 5 minutes of every hourly drop, than a cave that barely moves for the whole hour.

I'd rather have the system delete those eggs then spam send that may cbs to the AP (I don't really know any numbers, so if it's a small number - less than or equal to half of what the AP holds - then I suppose that's fine), if that's the system people would prefer.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Somebody sent 750 eggs to the AP, and those eggs didn't even drop below 4 days before being cleared out of the AP. I'm sure the AP has thousands upon thousands of eggs in it at any given time, if not more.

Edited by Tehya Faye

Somebody sent 750 eggs to the AP, and those eggs didn't even drop below 4 days before being cleared out of the AP. I'm sure the AP has thousands upon thousands of eggs in it at any given time, if not more.

My issue isn't the time it would take to clear them out. It's that the AP isn't a second cave, and I don't want it becoming one. I grab plenty of cbs from the AP as is, but it isn't why I hunt in the AP. Same fear I have with the 'send blockers to the AP' suggestion (and why I go back and forth on supporting it - I like incuhatchable eggs, I don't want to only be able to find cbs in the AP). I know the AP is, as was neatly put earlier, the dumpster, but I like the variety of possible finds.

[First part of post removed. Apparently I wasn't paying full attention and missed out on something important.]

My issue isn't the time it would take to clear them out. It's that the AP isn't a second cave, and I don't want it becoming one. I grab plenty of cbs from the AP as is, but it isn't why I hunt in the AP. Same fear I have with the 'send blockers to the AP' suggestion (and why I go back and forth on supporting it - I like incuhatchable eggs, I don't want to only be able to find cbs in the AP). I know the AP is, as was neatly put earlier, the dumpster, but I like the variety of possible finds.

When the ratios can finally get a hold of itself, the things that show up in the cave and/or get dumped to the AP would most likely have a lot more variety than what we see in the cave right now.

Edited by CNR4806

I get the concern, Sockie, but...

IF that happened,, IF CBs took over the AP, wouldn't it be at MOST temporary?

IF, for a while it was MOSLY CBs do the dumping thing.... wouldn't it eventually get so that there was more variety again? Sooner or later, thanks to people grabbing and incuhatching the CB eggies, the ratios would even out and those breeds that were ending up there do to not being grabbed would end up there less often. Or am I wrong on this? ( AND I do not knpow how long that process would take, to be honest)

Edited by Silverswift

So for those who miss the hourly drop or are slow clickers there will be no hope.

I have been around long enough to remember when both the cave and the AP were empty most of the time. I don't think that will ever happen again with the AP, but if fast clickers can cherry pick all the good stuff out of the biomes and send everything else to the AP the cave could easily be empty most of the time. And people like me with somewhat slow connections and even slower reflexes will be out of luck with ever finding rares or even uncommons in the cave.

Having the Cave cleared out IS a very bad thing. I would never get anything then, since it is almost impossible to catch anything at the top of the hour.

I catch the most from the Cave either during the five minute shuffles or during the movements that some people say never happen.

I don't mind the 5-hour drop any more. This is another one of those plans to make hunting easy for the highly impatient. No support.

Wait! I am... confused.

I didn't think that this idea was intended to empty the cave out ENTIRELY??

If so, I am not sure how I feel about that.

Wait! I am... confused.

I didn't think that this idea  was intended to empty the cave out ENTIRELY??

If so, I am not sure how I feel about that.

Rest easy, Silverswift!

With a 1 hour cooldown..... It would NOT be possible to clear out the entire Cave in 5 minutes! Not. Possible.

Why?

Because the Cave generates eggs based on users in the Biomes, so if they are in the BIomes... More eggs get generated! And even with a 1 hr cooldown.... More eggs get generated on the 5 min, and even more on the 30 min. Oh, there might be some who try to clear it out fast, but they can still grab at MOST 7 eggs in 1 hr.... And they are probably going to want to keep the occasional egg.

And worse comes to worse, if we find that at 1 hr the Biomes are being emptied out, you can up it to 2 hrs or 3 hrs.... Until they reach steady state.

I'd rather have the system delete those eggs then spam send that may cbs to the AP (I don't really know any numbers, so if it's a small number - less than or equal to half of what the AP holds - then I suppose that's fine), if that's the system people would prefer.

And that's the system we have now... The eggs are DELETED, and the Ratios are getting further and further out of whack.

It is flat ridiculous that it took 2 and half YEARS to BREED a 5th gen Blocker x Very Common.... But only 6 months (WITH refusals, unwanted alts, and tons of no-eggs or wrong eggs) to do an Uncommon x Uncommonish Common.

More eggs in the AP from the Biomes

=> More low time eggs that are MOST in need of their ratios being adjusted going into the AP

=> Over time (many months!) this will shift the ratios of those breeds so they aren't nearly as bad at blocking and there is more variety in the Biomes.

The problem with finding rares, and the other "commons" isn't rarity... Its that the ratios are too far "underpopulated" on certain breeds.... And there is zero incentive for people who already have tons of them to raise more. But if they are incu-hatchable.....

I, for one, will raise a couple of extra hatchies of just about any CB breed.... But am HIGHLY selective about what eggs I take from the Biomes at 7d.