The Flash

Sort Frozen Hatchies At The Top Setting

Can we have a new scroll-setting that allows you to have frozen hatchies at the top?

Edited by The Flash

If you sort by Growth it should place the frozen hatchlings at the top right below your eggs and unfrozen hatchlings, or do you mean frozen hatchlings above unfrozen/eggs as well?

If you sort by Growth it should place the frozen hatchlings at the top right below your eggs and unfrozen hatchlings, or do you mean frozen hatchlings above unfrozen/eggs as well?

Frozen hatchlings above everything. biggrin.gif

Why not just do it with alt custom sort. PIA the first time, but after that - easy; you;d just have to move eggs and hatchies as they arrive.

Why not just do it with alt custom sort. PIA the first time, but after that - easy; you;d just have to move eggs and hatchies as they arrive.

Or go all the way and do Legacy Custom Sort.

Even bigger PITA for the first time compared with normal Custom Sort, but if you index things properly it is really easy to add new things to it.

This is true. Number them all 00001 00002 and so on - should work !

Eh. Too much work. Why not just make it easier and add a new setting...

If you are ASKING - well,you want frozens at the top. I want eggs then hatchies, then my alarm clock one - but other frozens with their breeds. Others want CBs separated out. There would be hundreds, if not thousands of possible sort options; if yours is set up, why shouldn't the next person have one - and so on. Server strain, coding - you name it - not worth it.

Lord - you have about 100 dragons. It would be the work of MOMENTS for you, and if you use legacy sort - the basics would be done for ever.

I use alt custom sort (and I have 4000 + adults/frozens) every time I have a few new adults. Now THAT is work - and still doesn't take long.

Because its already accessible and if we catered to everyone's lazyness this game would be log in and everything is done for you by it reading your mind with no effort on your part.

If you can't do the work for it then oh well. There are other methods you can use to get what you want. If its too much work then your frozen hatchlings will just stay where they currently are because there is no need for this setting.

If you are ASKING - well,you want frozens at the top. I want eggs then hatchies, then my alarm clock one - but other frozens with their breeds. Others want CBs separated out. There would be hundreds, if not thousands of possible sort options; if yours is set up, why shouldn't the next person have one - and so on. Server strain, coding - you name it - not worth it.

Lord - you have about 100 dragons. It would be the work of MOMENTS for you, and if you use legacy sort - the basics would be done for ever.

I use alt custom sort (and I have 4000 + adults/frozens) every time I have a few new adults. Now THAT is work - and still doesn't take long.

Who's Lord? You mean me?

Absolutely not. I mean as in the expression "Good Lord !" I am just amazed that you can't seem to cope with such a tiny task when so many of us have thousands of dragons to move around....

Sheesh - you have a whole 26 to shift... Shouldn't take more than a minute.

Edited by fuzzbucket

Absolutely not. I mean as in the expression "Good Lord !" I am just amazed that you can't seem to cope with such a tiny task when so many of us have thousands of dragons to move around....

Sheesh - you have a whole 26 to shift... Shouldn't take more than a minute.

Oh. Okay, so what? It's not just me... pretty sure others would like this option too... I'm not asking for some really obscure crap... frozen hatchies at the top is a pretty basic option...

Because its already accessible and if we catered to everyone's lazyness this game would be log in and everything is done for you by it reading your mind with no effort on your part.

If you can't do the work for it then oh well. There are other methods you can use to get what you want. If its too much work then your frozen hatchlings will just stay where they currently are because there is no need for this setting.

Oh please. Stop with the crappy logic. And don't be that person. "There's no need for it." Yeah, but there's also "no need" for computers, or phones, or TV, or DC, for that matter.

Oh please. Stop with the crappy logic. And don't be that person. "There's no need for it." Yeah, but there's also "no need" for computers, or phones, or TV, or DC, for that matter.

Computers were created and are required as a quicker more efficient form of communication. Your suggestion is you just being lazy. Difference. I can agree on the TV part but because the internet now has a far more efficient form of streaming shows, movies, and other forms of entertainment.

One thing is being too lazy to sort through a hundred dragons or so, another is asking for a more efficient way. Your suggestion is not based on efficiency, its based on plain lazyness. As such it is not needed. If you are to lazy to move a few dragons around, then they can sit there. No need to waste someone's time with your personal inability to get something done.

If this is a sort style that a lot of people would use, then sure.

But if it's not something that many people will use, then it does make more sense for you to organize them yourself instead of TJ taking time to code and implement a new sorting method.

At the risk of sounding like a parrot, I have over 3,000 dragons and a sorting system that's so unusual no default sort could possibly handle it, and I still find it fairly easy to stay on top of things (y'know, once I'm done describing all the bloody things at the top... le sigh xd.png), so it shouldn't be too much hassle for you, since your scroll is still quite small and what you want to do is fairly simple. When you use alt custom sort, you can use ctrl to pick multiple dragons at once, or shift to grab a whole bunch next to each other, and just move them where you want 'em. I reckon it'd take you less than 30 seconds to put all your frozens at the top and even less time to move subsequent ones there. Which, again, is much more efficient than I imagine implementing this would be. :3

Computers were created and are required as a quicker more efficient form of communication. Your suggestion is you just being lazy. Difference. I can agree on the TV part but because the internet now has a far more efficient form of streaming shows, movies, and other forms of entertainment.

One thing is being too lazy to sort through a hundred dragons or so, another is asking for a more efficient way. Your suggestion is not based on efficiency, its based on plain lazyness. As such it is not needed. If you are to lazy to move a few dragons around, then they can sit there. No need to waste someone's time with your personal inability to get something done.

No, computers are not "required". You can live without 'em, can't you? For that matter, who needs to live? Hmmm?

Okay I'm just being an censorkip.gif*** now. biggrin.gif

But I like how you keep centering it on me, and my "laziness". Yet you somehow manage to "forget" about other people who'd like to have frozen hatchies at the top but have a lot of dragons.

Edited by The Flash

Those who want them at the top already have them there. They took the time to actually move them. Thats why.

Otherwise I would be debating the actual implementation with the other commenters stating how they need it for x reason.

See the sorts already allow you to do what you are specifically asking for. Especially at the moment of having a small number of dragons, sorting them should be rather easy and less time consuming than it is for most.

Even with the amount of dragons others have they still find the time to sort them all as they please without the need to ask for one particular setting to do it for them. Again though woud there have been more people saying this was necessary then it would then be a debate of implementation maybe with the add on of other such types of suggestions. As it is now though it really just seems like a personal bout of lazyness with you not really wanting to do the minimal work that would be required to get this done.

Also yeah I could live without it but planning out trips with my boyfriend, storing information, purchasing things from out of country, learning about new things would be extremely time consuming and difficult sooooooo.....

Those who want them at the top already have them there. They took the time to actually move them. Thats why.

Otherwise I would be debating the actual implementation with the other commenters stating how they need it for x reason.

See the sorts already allow you to do what you are specifically asking for. Especially at the moment of having a small number of dragons, sorting them should be rather easy and less time consuming than it is for most.

Even with the amount of dragons others have they still find the time to sort them all as they please without the need to ask for one particular setting to do it for them. Again though woud there have been more people saying this was necessary then it would then be a debate of implementation maybe with the add on of other such types of suggestions. As it is now though it really just seems like a personal bout of lazyness with you not really wanting to do the minimal work that would be required to get this done.

Also yeah I could live without it but planning out trips with my boyfriend, storing information, purchasing things from out of country, learning about new things would be extremely time consuming and difficult sooooooo.....

Okay, clearly, I'm not gonna anywhere with you people, so, /thread.

No one else has come forward saying they want this, so I think it's safe to say you're the only one, and thus not worth the effort of coding it. Those who have frozen hatchies and want them on top move them there themselves.

So yeah, I'd say laziness is a big factor here. I know for a fact that there's a lot of people, myself included, who use frozen hatchlings to separate areas on our scrolls. That took even more effort than simply moving them all to one place, so I don't see a need for this.

Actually, a perfect solution for you would be to go into the change sort order page and just change the IDs of all the frozen hatchlings in legacy custom sort like was already suggested. You don't even need to type it all in, just type 0 for all of them and they'll all automatically appear at the very top. I do that with one of my neglecteds because he's my scroll guardian. No matter what eggs or hatchlings I get, he's always the first one I see.

No one else has come forward saying they want this, so I think it's safe to say you're the only one, and thus not worth the effort of coding it. Those who have frozen hatchies and want them on top move them there themselves.

So yeah, I'd say laziness is a big factor here. I know for a fact that there's a lot of people, myself included, who use frozen hatchlings to separate areas on our scrolls. That took even more effort than simply moving them all to one place, so I don't see a need for this.

Actually, a perfect solution for you would be to go into the change sort order page and just change the IDs of all the frozen hatchlings in legacy custom sort like was already suggested. You don't even need to type it all in, just type 0 for all of them and they'll all automatically appear at the very top. I do that with one of my neglecteds because he's my scroll guardian. No matter what eggs or hatchlings I get, he's always the first one I see.

Okay, well, can I make it so that I have my frozen hatchies at the top, then growing stuff, and then adults?

Edit: Hmmm. I got the growing stuff at the top, then frozen hatchies, and then adults... eh. I'll just leave it like that. Makes sense too.

Edited by The Flash

Okay, well, can I make it so that I have my frozen hatchies at the top, then growing stuff, and then adults?

Edit: Hmmm. I got the growing stuff at the top, then frozen hatchies, and then adults... eh. I'll just leave it like that. Makes sense too.

You can arrange them any way you like - manually. And it REALLY doesn't take that long. I don't like any of the pre-set breed arrangements so I sort my own. Sometimes I even move a whole breed up or down. With alt custom sort I can even drag and drop the whole lot in a lump. It REALLY doesn't take that much effort.

I don't actually know anyone with frozens at the top, but I am up for being disproved It certainly isn't a large number - I've been here a while and have never seen a scroll set up that way !

You can arrange them any way you like - manually. And it REALLY doesn't take that long. I don't like any of the pre-set breed arrangements so I sort my own. Sometimes I even move a whole breed up or down. With alt custom sort I can even drag and drop the whole lot in a lump. It REALLY doesn't take that much effort.

I don't actually know anyone with frozens at the top, but I am up for being disproved It certainly isn't a large number - I've been here a while and have never seen a scroll set up that way !

Maybe there is we just havent seen them? There are so many users who knows . I wouldnt doubt it being a thing but regardless if it is or isnt I'm sure it was done using one of the custom sorts available.

I suppose I could just manually move all my growing things... but... nah. That'd be too much work. And you're right. I am lazy. And proud of it.

Okay not really but still.

I don't see a need for this really as there is the already mentioned ability to custom sort that lets you do this on your own. The available settings and filters in place right now are there because they are the most efficient and most frequently used.

If there were more support, I could see TJ considering it, but right now you're a lone voice among the masses, Flash. It doesn't seem right to expect TJ to adjust the coding of the site to make things easier for you when you can put the frozen hatchlings at the front yourself.

It might seem cool to have your frozen hatchies on top an the growing things below at the stage you are now, but what happens once you have 3.65 pages of frozen hatchlings? You'd have to manually search for your eggs and hatchies every time you wanted to use an action (freeze, name, describe, abandon, kill) on them.