Gruff

What is your current bad luck.

Let's see. Influence fail, check. I already have 3 males, check. I don't have any females, check. DC, the last time I checked, Brutes aren't a male-only species.

image.png.ea7ced5188018c88d7a353c88478d393.png

15 hours ago, FlyingDragona said:

Let's see. Influence fail, check. I already have 3 males, check. I don't have any females, check. DC, the last time I checked, Brutes aren't a male-only species.

I'm curious - do you also have a screenie from the Action Log of the Influence?

21 hours ago, FlyingDragona said:

I haven't had them influence-fail yet, but if I leave them uninfluenced, my Brutes always come out male! 

I haven't had dragons refuse in... years, probably. Twice in a row today, and these guys belonged together. :')

Screenshot_20190106-153254.png

"W: Offers?"

They declined a CB Spessartine, a CB Thunder, a CB Gemshard and a CB Cheese.

WHAT THE HECK DO YOU WANT?! It's not like you're offering a darn METALLIC!

I hate trading, oh gosh, I HATE TRADING!

Just great, yet another trade where I waited and waited and waited and waited for the person to actually make a decision and let me know if they wanted my offer or not. More then 36 hours only to find out I didn't get the trade, yet again!!! The eggs I was offering taking up much needed room on my scroll for all that time. What an utter waste of time...again!

Next trade offer that takes the person more then 12 hours to make up their mind, I am cancelling my offer so that they are not wasting MY time that could be spent making offers on trades where the people actually have some consideration for others and at least use decline, rather then very rudely keeping others waiting for days in case they get a 'better' offer.

Edited by Dubious

On 1/4/2019 at 5:07 PM, MadameZ said:

Been trying to get a shimmer from these two for 35 weeks now. No luck.

To whoever requested a Seragamma mate, I'm trying!

Is this uncommon? I might end up having to fulfill the other request before returning to this one.

Try breeding with a different Seragamma? Sometimes that can help. But they are pretty common, so you honestly might not ever get a Shimmer out of that pairing unless you get lucky. I personally would ask the person to pick a new mate at this point, but that's just me being impatient with lists. 

2 hours ago, The Dragoness said:

Try breeding with a different Seragamma? Sometimes that can help. But they are pretty common, so you honestly might not ever get a Shimmer out of that pairing unless you get lucky. I personally would ask the person to pick a new mate at this point, but that's just me being impatient with lists. 

Yeah, I more or less gave up with that pairing. Besides, the requester has already quit the game or is on a hiatus.

Thanks for the advice anyway!

7 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

"W: Offers?"

They declined a CB Spessartine, a CB Thunder, a CB Gemshard and a CB Cheese.

WHAT THE HECK DO YOU WANT?! It's not like you're offering a darn METALLIC!

I hate trading, oh gosh, I HATE TRADING!

What'd they have up for trade?
Honestly what I'll do a lot of the time is try and see if the trader has a forum account and PM them directly.

I hate myself so bad right now. I traded the wrong thing on the hub. I thought I pressed my cheese egg and traded away a code 😫😭😭😭

Been breeding him with her trying to get a 3G green striped out of them that I can use to further breed in an attempt to get a lineage with every color striped, and for the sixth time they have produced another spinel wyvern. Sigh

I'm being overrun with pairs I cannot test breed because I've run out of purples for fertility again.. how many do I really need here?

1 hour ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

I'm being overrun with pairs I cannot test breed because I've run out of purples for fertility again.. how many do I really need here?

Depending how much you breed new pairs... Incubate and Fertility have the same length cooldown, I incubate everything I get and never run out with 110. 

Speaking of new pairs, I've recently attempted to breed 3 different pairs, for two different people.. Two no interests and one wrong-type egg. I'm not a huge breeder and normally don't breed every week, but breeding *for* someone else makes the week-long cooldown feel like forever!

9 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Depending how much you breed new pairs... Incubate and Fertility have the same length cooldown, I incubate everything I get and never run out with 110. 

Speaking of new pairs, I've recently attempted to breed 3 different pairs, for two different people.. Two no interests and one wrong-type egg. I'm not a huge breeder and normally don't breed every week, but breeding *for* someone else makes the week-long cooldown feel like forever!

110?! I only have 34.. Of course I don't use them for every breeding, just new breedings, but my luck is terrible and when I don't use them, my dragons usually refuse, like what just happened (but was only with CBs so I can replace).

Out of seven Black dragons, only one has gendered male. And That is the one alt that I’ve gotten, which I was hoping would be female. Still ecstatic to have him though.

Also, I can never seem to get CB blacks. All the blacks I’ve gotten were off the AP, traded, or in the case of the alt, gifted to me.

on the bright side, I’ve managed to get some prize eggs from trades, as well as a silver.

Just missed a CB Gold. Saw it and clicked wildly, all *around* the darn egg... My ninja-clicking accuracy really needs work. 

4 hours ago, DaughtersOfCirce said:

Apparently, no one wants red dorsals anymore . . . or at least not from me.

Trading is so very frustrating sometimes.

It is!  There's such a wild variation in what gets responses.  Last week I put up for trade two different 2G PB Aeons (a day or so apart), and had 4 offers in a few hours!  Next week I put up a 2G PB Aeon, and it sat there for two days and only got one offer. 

You just really can't know what people are looking for, and there's hardly room in the Want Box to fit all the things you might be looking for, either, so you have to just pick the top 2-3 and hope people will magically know that you'd also like to see a 2G White from Mistletoe, or whatever. 

On 1/10/2019 at 1:59 AM, DaughtersOfCirce said:

Apparently, no one wants red dorsals anymore . . . or at least not from me.

It's not only you. I ended up dropping mine in the Secret Santa thread - at least the gifters like them for gifting! XD

So I've been looking for a very specific kind of code as a gift for someone since last year already, but it just doesn't show up! Please, thread, work your magic! XD

Also, my Dorsals are mocking me.

Purple from red: https://dragcave.net/progeny/ZgGFv

Purple from red: https://dragcave.net/progeny/aGnIq

Red from purple: https://dragcave.net/progeny/q8dMY

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Missed a Kingcrowne in the volcano because I didn't realize I was egglocked. :rolleyes: Would've caught it otherwise.

I recently got another dark Lumina from a pair that I need a light Lumina from. I was also breeding some pairs to complete holiday checkers, but one pair didn't produce an egg; I should've used fertility but somehow I thought it wouldn't be necessary. :huh: Well, at least they didn't refuse.

Breeding 4 new pairs for a new checker.

1st: egg of father's breed

2nd: egg of mother's breed

3rd: egg of father's breed

*thinking* Looking good!

4th: "no interest"

Dang!

Been on a horrendous streak of missing things in the cave this week.

Normally I have strong catching game but this week's been brutal!