Fortune86

Please Closed ~ Died

Ray nodded. "Yep. Gym at 7pm. I'll see you all... later." He gave them a quick smile, Diana a slightly lingering glance, and stood up. It was time for class in a minute or two anyway. With a final wave, he loped out of the classroom, wondering just what would happen tonight. It had to be more interesting than his algebra homework.

[[i assumed Wendy was shouting because of the exclamation marks.]]

Blake almost rolled his eye but refrained. He let the six delusional kids ramble about their "plan of action." He could point out how unsafe their idea might be but, he felt it better to just let them learn their mistake once someone ended up hurt. "You guys do what you're going to do. I'm going to make sure this stranger doesn't try anything. You have fun with your smoke and mirrors; I'll keep 911 on speed dial," he stated. Shrugging, he gathered his unfinished lunch and dumped it in the trash can before leaving the room. He hadn't bothered getting anyone's number or giving his to any of them.

Diane had decided to give up on Blake. If he was going to keep that stick up his backside then it was up to him. If she wanted a place on that advanced course the Professor had mentioned she'd better concentrate on herself.

Waving goodbye to the others Diane left the classroom after Ray and Blake. Thankfully she just had enough time to drop by the cafeteria and grab a quick sandwich and race to her next class before the bell rang. Swallowing the last few bites Diane chucked the wrapper in one of the bin's stationed in the corridor and entered her Geography class moments before the teacher arrived. She didn't make eye contact with anyone, thinking it would be best to just knuckle down and get on with it.

If people had spent the next hour whispering about her Diane didn't notice. She kept herself solely focused on the lesson at hand, determined not to give the teacher any reason to call on her. The method served her pretty well in her final class of the day too and when the last bell rang she sighed deeply with relief, congratulating herself on making it through the last two hours.

Then just as she was getting up, someone had to bump into her.

Diane lurched forward and caught ahold of her desk to stop her from falling over, but the girl who had walked into her was not so lucky. A girl with short fair hair that Diane only knew as Elena went straight over and sprawled across the floor. Before Diane could even ask if she was alright Elena's friend was spitting in her face.

"You tripped her up!" hissed a angry girl with long auburn hair. "You censorkip.gif*, what did you do that for?!"

"I didn't do it on purpose!" protested Diane. "I was just getting up when she walked into me."

Another girl helped the fallen Elena to her feet and the two of them looked at Diane with such venom that she actually took a step backwards.

"You think you're all that don't you Tefft?" continued the auburn girl in the same angry tones. "Thinking you're so much better than everyone. Well you better climb down off that high horse of yours because..."

Before auburn could finish the teacher called out to the four girls to leave the room. He didn't seem remotely interested in the fact that auburn was right in Diane's face and looking like she was going to personally rip Diane a new one. With a last vicious look at Diane auburn turned on her heel and walked out with Elena and her other friend, leaving Diane staring after them in confusion, anger and shock.

"Miss Tefft are you hoping to stay long enough to join in today's detention period?" called out the teacher, snapping Diane back into action.

Grumbling to herself Diane grabbed her bag and quickly hurried out the room. She paused for long enough to check that the three girls weren't waiting for her in the corridor and then pretty much fled outside to the safety of her car. Seven o'clock could not come fast enough.

One of the joys of being in final year of school was free periods; depending on what subjects you took, you could end up having late starts or early finishes. In Kit's case it was the latter, only having one lesson after lunch before getting to spend the afternoon at home. Given how up-to-date he was with his studies he had originally intended to spend the afternoon out cycling, but the sting in his hand on the way home convinced him otherwise. No point going out for what should be a relaxing afternoon if a sweat-soaked bandage was going to ruin it for him. The idea of fixing his wheel crossed his mind, but another check that morning also abused him of that notion; however that rock had managed to embed itself into the rim, it had ruined the wheel completely. He'd need to throw it out. Instead, with a scheduled appointment in the old gym and then another midnight class he decided a quick power-nap would be the way to go. Stripping off the old bandage and washing the wound, he redressed it before curling up on his bed - still clothed - and put on the radio for a bit, closing his eyes and relaxing.

((Oh sorry Narvix… I tend to get a bit excited and over use the exclamation mark sometimes xd.png I’ll try to post a bit better.))

“Yus.” Wendy said doing a fist pump into the air. “Then I’ll see you guys later then.” She spoke in an excited tone. With their “meeting” coming to an end Wendy grabbed her bag and got out of her seat. She did a quick wave good bye and left the class room.

The rest of the day didn’t go any better. She almost got detention again and the other students still gave her nasty looks. She tried really hard to hold back which drained most of her energy. She might need a quick nap before they meet up.

When the bell rang for the last class Wendy made sure she was one of the first people to leave the school grounds. She wasn’t in the mood to argue with anyone else and she was extremely tired. Within a couple of minutes she reached her house. Her parents were out of course working which meant she had the house for herself. Quickly making a snack to eat Wendy headed up to her room. Tossing her bag to the side she girl fell on her bed with a little groan. Setting her phone’s alarm clock Wendy curled up into a little ball, slowly drifting away to her dream land.

~~

Diaval nodded in their agreement to meet up. He himself then took his bag and left the classroom. The day pretty much still went bad considering he actually got into an argument with some of the guys, something which he would have never done. In the end he decided to just ignore everyone. He was good at that. He had been doing that most of his school life anyway.

When they were allowed to leave Diaval sat in class a bit longer. He finished some of his homework and regularly peered out the window. He waited till most of the other students have left. He had a feeling some of them would confront him off the school grounds if he left with everyone else.

Finally when the time came Diaval packed his things and left the school. He drove around town a bit, buying a snack to eat then to meet up with his father. He informed him he would be out late due to meeting up with some “friends” and then the night class. His father wasn’t all too pleased with the night class thing but he knew his son was old enough to make his own choices.

When Diaval’s meet up with his dad was finished he decided to head to the abandoned gym. It was early but he could always use that time to nap in the car. So with his mind made up Diaval made his way to the gym.

As per her mother's earlier reminder Diane had driven straight to the mall to help out at the boutique. Business was so slow though that all Diane really had to do was sit at the desk and do her homework. Thankfully the few customers that did come in were pleasant enough, though they didn't buy much.

While her mother and father worked on getting the few orders they did have sorted and ready for transport Diane sat and watched the clock. Her mother hadn't been too happy when she had told them about needing to be elsewhere for seven o'clock, but she'd been so busy with the task at hand that she hadn't asked many questions.

With ten minutes to go Diane said her goodbyes, promised she'd get something to eat before night class and set off back to her car. The old gym wasn't too far away from the mall so Diane was able to get there in plenty of time. With excitement to buoy her on Diane parked up and climbed out of her SUV and looked around, wondering if any of the others had arrived yet.

Napping was always a dangerous game. Some people could put their head down for thirty minutes, blink awake as the alarm went off, and within a few seconds be fresh and ready to tackle the rest of the day. Maybe a quick gargle of mouthwash was required to rinse out the cobwebs but otherwise the earlier tiredness was gone, replaced by a new surge of energy and enthusiasm.

Kit, however, was never sure what century it was after a nap.

After switching his alarm off Kit must have spent a good minute or two just staring at the ceiling as he tiredly tried to work out whether it was today, yesterday, or next weekend. Finally he managed to establish that the sunlight was fading rather than growing, that it was six in the evening and not the morning, and he had been to school that day rather than sleep through a whole twenty-four hour period. Establishing his own name came next, and after that he finally worked out just why he was still sleeping in normal clothes rather than something more night-worthy; he was supposed to be meeting the others.

By the time Diane's SUV turned up Kit was approaching the opposite direction at the same time on his bike, jumping off and walking it up to Diane as she climbed out. The cycle had woken him up and a brief squirt of deodorant had covered the smell of his nap. He nodded to her as she stepped out, fishing a cereal bar out of the side pouch of his ever-present backpack and unwrapping it. "I never like cycling after a meal," he shrugged, anticipating Diane's question. "So this'll do as dinner until after we're finished here."

Edited by Kestra15

Ray made his way home after school, having endured a particularly dull lesson of English. Honestly, who cared about Shakespeare? He'd be glad to get his exams over and done with. And the stories in books now seemed so dull next to the actual life he was leading. He walked home and proceeded to procrastinate instead of writing his essay. At 6:30, he wolfed down dinner before quietly returning to his bedroom. He locked the door and then slid out of the window, landing quiet as a cat amongst the grass. Then he set off, taking shortcuts where he could (and quietly sneaking around a homeless man who had a reputation for being violent).

The black-haired boy made it unscathed, breaking into a jog at the sight of the building. Was a bit spooky, really. He smiled at Diana and Kit, coming to a halt. "Evening," he greeted them, reaching back to pull his dark hair into a ponytail. Wouldn't want it to catch on fire if there were rogue fireballs, or sparks. "Just us so far?"

Diaval had been sleeping in his car for most of the afternoon but the last couple hours he laid there awake staring at the roof. His mind was an utter blank not even thinking of what happened today or what they were planning to do.

Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep!

Diaval lifted up his phone and saw it was basically time to get ready for the group meet up. Stretching awkwardly in the back seat Diaval sat up and dug for his spray and mints. It was just out of decentness to freshen up a little.

A couple minutes later Diaval emerged out of his car and looked around. “They must be up front.” He thought after not spotting anyone. Locking his car he started to walk around the building, yawning every now and then.

“You should park at the back.” Diaval spoke as the small group came into sight. “Vehicles standing in front of an abandoned building are a bit obvious.”

~~

“Nooo.” Wendy spoke slowly as she heard her alarm go off. “I’m not ready yet.”

The young girl kept laying in bed while her alarm still went off. Eventually her mother appeared and switched it off and started to tug on Wendy.

“Wake up silly. You’re going to miss that thing with your friends.”

“I don’t want to anymore.”

“I don’t care.”

“I hate waking up.”

“And I hate waking you up. So roll out of bed and grab a bite to eat. It’s almost time for you to leave.”

Ugh was the only sound Wendy got out in the end when her mother left. She couldn’t believe she felt so tired at the moment. It must have been all the excitement from the class and testing her power out a little late at night.

Finally Wendy got out of bed and strolled to the dining room, where her parents were waiting for her. A small conversation between them took place and dinner was gobbled down quickly. She was starting to feel a lot better now that she was fully wake.

“So I can use the car again?” She asked her father after setting her dirty dishes in the dishwasher.

“Yup. No scratch marks. Got it?”

“Haha like I would even dare doing something like that.” Wendy said after taking the keys from her father. “Right I’ll be back quite late so don’t stay up.”

“Stay safe.” Both parents called out as Wendy left the house.

Wendy was still feeling a bit tired but she will have to suck it up and continue with it. The drive to the gym was short luckily and she could see that the others have already gathered.

“Hey everyone!” She greeted as she pulled up beside them.

((Sorry if my posts sounds a bit off or incomplete or not right... I'm having a hard time with words lately))

Diane smiled and waved at Kit when she spotted him. She wondered how long he had been waiting.

"I'm not really hungry either" she admitted. "I'll probably go for a pizza later if we have time."

"Evening" came a voice from behind her. "Just us so far?"

Turning around Diane grinned at Ray as he jogged towards her and Kit. He was pulling his hair back into a ponytail as he went.

"I think so" she replied. "I expect Diaval and Wendy will show though, but I'm not sure about Blake."

She looked through the fence at the abandoned building that was to become their training ground. They had better wait for Dival before going inside. He'd said the place wasn't patroled by security or anything, but she figured it would still be better if he was with them if anyone did show up.

Thankfully they didn't have to wait long, as Diaval soon came walking around the side of the building and sugessting that they park round the back out of sight. Diane nodded her agreement and went back to her car, just as Wendy was drawing up.

"Hey Wendy" she greeted the other girl. "Diaval wants us to back round the back."

With the instructions relayed Diane climbed back into the driver's seat of her SUV and switched on the engine. It didn't take long to move her battered old vehicle round the gym and park it next to Diaval's much sleeker vehicle. As she climbed out for a second time she heard the sound of sirens in the distance, but it was a calm day with no wind. It could be coming from anywhere. With a small shrug she went back to meet up with the others again.

"So we going in then?" she asked.

Edited by Fortune86

“Hey.” Wendy greeted back and gave a quick nod. She then drove around to the back and parked her car next to the others. She quickly jumped out and locked before heading towards the others.

“Are you guys ready to test it all?”

~~

Diaval waited for the others to regroup at the front of the building. They seemed a lot more excited than what he felt and for some reason he felt a bit uneasy.

“There is an opening on the other side of the building. So… follow me.” He spoke. It felt awkward leading. Something that he never got use to even thou is parents expect him to lead the family business one day.

As he walked around the building they came across some fencing around the side door entrance. Standing in front of the fence Diaval started shaking certain parts until it revealed a loose part. He then pushed it out of the way to allow everyone to pass before letting it go allowing it to spring back into place.

“Be a bit careful when entering. A lot of the stuff had been placed by the door to keep people out.” Diaval spoke as he opened the door on the left. As he entered he saw that most of the stuff was still in place. The yoga mats were still covering door on the right followed by some of the weight equipment stands. Some mirrors against the wall were broken here and here there some equipment was lying around. This was just the first floor and it looked a bit gloomy. Maybe Diane could lighten things up a bit.

More excited than she had been all day Diane followed Diaval around the building and waited with the others as he pulled open a side door. Once they had an entrance Diane stepped in after him and walked a little way inside.

"Wow it's really dark in here."

The sun was starting to go down, but what light there was was struggling to get through the grimy windows. Diane had to blink a few times while her eyes adjusted to the gloom. There seemed to be a lot of things just left abandoned here, but it was all covered in dust and dirt. She figured they'd be little point in asking if they could switch the lights on, the electricity had probably been cut off for a while.

There were some stairs leading up to the next floor, but Diane figured they should stay on the ground floor for now. It was an abandoned building after all, no telling how sound it was.

Wheeling his bike around the back, Kit locked it up out of sight from anyone who would just be strolling by and followed the others into the gym. He had the forethought to pluck his bike light from his handlebars and flicked the LED torch on as they moved into the dilapidated gym. As Diane mentioned about the darkness Kit came in behind her, shining his light in a slow sweep around the gym. Light reflected off the mirrors over the dust-covered equipment, and Kit angled his torch so that it would give the best illumination one torch could, using the mirrors to create a slight glow to the room.

“Wow this place is dusty. Hopefully we’ll get to learn how to use the magic before we actually choke to death.” Wendy spoke as she cleared her throat a bit. “So… who’s up to go first?”

~~

“Guess we will have to bring extra lights if we’re going to meet up in the dark most of the time.” Diaval spoke as he looked around. And he kinda agreed with Wendy. It was a bit stuffy but for tonight it will have to do. They could always clean it a bit up later.

Ray stepped in cautiously after the rest, glancing over his shoulder to check if anyone had followed them. There was no-one out there, in the dusky half-light. A relief. He turned back to the darkness, his eyes slowly adjusting to what was illuminated by Kit's torch. Smart.

Ray grinned at Wendy's question; she actually sounded quite hesitant. Well, he wasn't. Lifting his hands, he closed his eyes and concentrated. He opened them a second later to watch as a small sphere of water slowly grew between his palms. "Still got it," he quipped with an excited laugh.

Diane turned to watch as Ray stopped in the middle of the floor and conjured up a small ball of floating water. Smiling she stepped closer to investigate and watched with fasination as the liquid orb wobbled slightly as it grew. Even though she had seen the trick before, it was still pretty cool, though somewhat surreal.

"My turn" she said stepping back a bit as Ray giggled at his success. Holding up her own right hand Diane concentrated and was rewarded with a small flame flashing into life just above her palm. She held it out in front of her, her hand steady, and watched as the tiny fire cast new shadows around the gloomy gym.

"Woah!"

Kit nearly dropped his torch when he saw first Ray, then Diane conjure elemental balls in the palms of their hand. The torch-light refracted through the bubble and caused a mottled special-effect style pattern on the wall behind Ray, only adding to the frankly amazing spectacle, and when Diane decided to add her own parlour trick to the room and create all new shadows and highlights he couldn't help stammering for a moment.

"How...how the..." he started, slowly walking towards Ray and Diane. "What the heck..?" His train of thought completely derailed, not a single rational explanation coming to the forefront as he neared them and reached out with his free hand to Diane's. It was clearly fire, not an illusion; he could feel the heat as his hand got closer, and the light it was giving off was certainly no special effect. He couldn't see anything to explain it; no ropes, wires, special gloves, powder on the floor, nothing. As for the globe of water...he shone his light directly at it now, doing his best to perceive anything. The best he could come up with was that it was a transparent balloon of water descended from a thin ceiling wire, but the lack of evidence and admission it was a fairly lame idea disabused him of that notion.

Diane couldn't help but laugh at Kit's expression. He just looked so shocked it was funny.

"Do you believe us now?" she asked him, only a hint of teasing in her voice. "Unless you think Diaval got a special effects team in before we arrived?"

Diane looked around at the gym around them. She really wanted to try throwing her little fireball at something, just to see what would happen. Would the target explode? Catch fire? Or just remain unaffected by what was supposed to be a magic flame? However just destroying random stuff as she pleased seemed kinda rude, all this belonged to Diaval after all, or at least his father.

"No...I mean you can't have..." Kit stuttered, moving closer to Diane and putting his hand as near as he dared to the ball of flame. There was no way about it; it was not a trick. Nothing could create that, not here, not now. Not that and the ball of water floating a few feet away. Science as they understood it made it impossible to happen - so it would appear that science was still extremely naive in the ways of their world.

"So...how the hell did I not do something like that?" he then added. There was no jealousy or anger in his voice, purely curiosity and the desire to find the answer to the puzzle before him.

"Well...did you really try?" asked Diane feeling a little uncertain. Thinking back, she herself hadn't fully commited last night, although the Professor had said he would help everyone to begin with. Would she have managed to summon her little ball of fire if the Professor hadn't done anything?

Another memory surfaced and Diane suddenly had an idea.

"Oh wait...didn't the Professor say something about manipulating an already existing source? Like with Claire and his watch. Maybe you can't conjure stuff, but you control something?"

The big question was, what though? If Kit's power was manipulation rather than conjuring, then how were they supposed to figure it out?

“Ah that so cool Ray.” Wendy exclaimed in excitement when she saw the ball of water. I look so relaxing and with the flash light now and then shining on it, it looked rather pretty. “One thing for sure… it will be easier washing the car now with that ability.” Wendy continued to talking in a jokingly tone.

When Diane showed her magic and saw Kit’s face it made her only laugh. Maybe the guy will start believing and then they could finally see what magic he has.

"I...thought about it," Kit admitted sheepishly, putting the torch in such a way that the gym remained well-lit but he didn't have to hold it. "But I was kinda trying to find where the devices and gimmicks were. I mean, a magic class? I genuinely thought it was all stage stuff we'd be doing, and I wanted to know how it was done. Card tricks, ladies sawn in half, disappearing acts...it's all misdirection and illusion and sleight of hand, and there's nothing wrong with that. It's an amazing skill. So I was kinda trying to look past all the smoke-and-mirror stuff so I could figure out how it worked..."

He looked at the two floating balls of elemental power, shaking his head. "So no, I didn't concentrate on trying to summon fire or air or water, or imps or balls of light," he admitted. "I didn't think it could happen, so I didn't try to do it. But if it is possible, if there is something that could be summoned..." Kit sat himself on the floor, torch to his left and just behind him so it wouldn't blind or interfere. He put his hands out in front of him, cupped his hands, and stared at them.

Nothing happened.

Kit sat like that for perhaps half a minute, just staring intently at the space in his cupped palms. But it wasn't the relaxed state that the Professor had been asking them to reach the previous night. This was definitely the face of someone trying too hard. He knew it could be done, that something should happen, but it was clear that every part of his brain was on overdrive.

Diane extinguished the ball of fire in her hand, which threw the room back into the previous layer of gloom and darkness. However it also meant she could safely draw closer to Kit, something she did eagerly now that it looked like he was going to take things seriously. When he cupped his hands in front of him Diane watched with bated breath, but after a while it appeared that nothing was going to happen.

Disappointed Diane stepped back again to give him room. When she had first conjured the fire, it had happened within moments, so it looked like time wasn't an issue.

"Okay..." she said out loud. "So I was right, you can't materialize anything. That means we have to find what you can control."

The rest of the day pretty much went the same as the morning. Blake's mood was soured by the harassment but, thankfully, Riley wasn't out of sorts like everyone else seemed to be. When he checked in with them, they weren't bothered by leaving at lunch and, as promised, Blake made up for it with dinner. Well, inviting Riley to dinner at his house. As usual, his mother inquired about his day and, because Blake didn't want to worry her, he briefly summed it up to "it was okay". Though, he suspected that his mother didn't fully believe him. Oh well. He'd explain his day in further detail tomorrow or something, when the woman wouldn't be able to do much about it.

There were a few hours before Riley would arrive and his mother was busy keeping his brother from getting into the cookie jar before his bath. Blake debated about settling in on his homework, heading to his room and plopping himself down at his desk. For a little while, he was able to focus on his homework but that gradually dwindled and soon he was too easily distracted by other things. Eventually, his thoughts trailed to the events of the day and a sour mood twisted his expression into a mild scowl. Why was everyone such an *** today?

Shaking his head, Blake sighed and got up, walking to his window. Sliding it open, he crawled out onto the section of roof that overlooked the entryway and designated parking spot. He sat down, leaning back to watch the clouds momentarily. He felt restless and slightly disturbed. The faint idea of not wanting to miss out on what the others were up to slithered into the back of his mind. Pushing it away, he reminded himself that the "magic" wasn't real and going to an unused gym wasn't all that safe.

Still...

Growling at himself, Blake furiously rubbed at his cheeks before holding out his right hand. Nothing happened for several heartbeats. Pulling off his eyepatch so he could see better with both eyes, he swept his gaze across the ground and surrounding buildings. Nothing looked different. Nothing was conjured up or moved or altered. Why am I even bothering?

Shifting further towards the edge of the roof so his legs dangled over, he held his hand out again, frowning. At first, he still didn't see anything different. Finally, he spotted a flicker of movement on the ground, a quivering green and pink object. Rubbing at his eyes quickly, he paused and stared at the plant that had moved. At first, he blamed it on the breeze. However, when he didn't feel the wind stir after several minutes, he started to doubt that. Sucking in a breath, he held out his hand once more and kept his gaze on the plant.

A second ticked by... Another and another... His frown returned after a handful of moments passed before the plant quivered again. Now his breath caught in his throat and he rose to his feet, scrambling back into his room. He'd seen that. Right? Or was it just wishful thinking? Hurrying down the stairs, he ignored his mother's call as he rushed out the front door. Crouching in front of the plant, he started to doubt the situation.

I bet they set me up!

Blake examined the plant, checking for hidden strings or any other evidence of a trick. When he found none, he fell back onto his rear and frowned. "Hey, Blake. What're you doing on the ground?" Riley's voice startled the tall boy and Blake jerked, twisting to see his friend at the end of the pathway. "Everything okay?" they asked, tilting their head with mild concern.

"Yeah... Everything's fine. Just thought I saw... something," Blake replied, scratching the back of his head. "I don't know. Guess I had a long day, what with all the hostility at school. Thought I saw the plant move," he stated. Picking himself up, he dusted off his pants and motioned inside. "You're on time, dinner's just about ready."

Dinner was boisterous and relaxed. Jokes were tossed around and light conversation had. Eventually, Riley left and the clock read close to eight once everything was cleaned up. “So you’re going back to that class tonight?” his mom started conversationally.

Blake nodded. ”Yeah, I’m still going. As I said this morning, someone’s got to keep an eye out on this guy and make sure he doesn’t play any games. I’ll have 911 on speed dial if he gives me any reason to call the cops.”

His mother looked a little unsure but she nodded regardless. “Well, as long as you’re safe and your schoolwork is done. You going to be alright with the lack of sleep?”

Again, he nodded. ”I’m actually going to head out now. The other kids from the class are supposedly meeting up at an old gym that hasn’t seen any use in a long time. Personally, I don’t think it’s a very safe idea but they were all for it,” he informed.

“Ah, playing the supervisor? Doesn’t sound so fun,” the woman remarked.

Shrugging, Blake waved the matter off dismissively. ”It’s whatever. If I’m not being the supervisor, I don’t think anyone else will. Once someone gets hurt, I’ll have all the freedom to say ‘I told you so’.” After that, he left, grabbing a flashlight on his way out. Mounting his motorcycle and securing his helmet, he drove away from the residence and headed for the old gym. With dinner no longer serving as a distraction, his thoughts started to turn around the quivering plant. The idea left him perplexed but, it was still just a hoax.

Right?

The gym came into sight and he eased into the front lot. No one was there. Probably parked at the back… he thought. An idea slithered into his mind and he smirked. Walking his bike around to the back, he noted that the door was closed. Good. Placing the kickstand down, he removed his helmet and placed it on the seat, grabbing the flashlight out from the storage compartment. He’d sneak up and scare everyone inside. By the looks of it, it seemed he was the last to arrive.

Making sure the flashlight worked, he strode towards the door and gently rested his hand on the handle. Sucking in a breath, he turned on the flashlight and swung the door open, shouting, ”What are you kids doing in here!”

Wendy was looking at how Diane was trying to help Kit find his magical power but it became a little bit boring to just watch them.

Well let’s see if I can still do a lightning trick she thought to herself. Taking a few steps back Wendy held out her own hand and concentrated while looking at her palm. It was a bit harder to concentrate this time seeing she was still curious to see if Kit will get his power but eventually a few sparks started to dance around on her palm. She was smiling and the spark grew a bit bigger.

“I wonder how big I can make it go?” she questioned herself out loud.

“Careful Wendy.” Diaval finally spoke as he watched her conjure her magic. He was silently watching as the others continued so comfortably with the task at hand. He felt a bit odd not even sure what he should do himself. He guessed he should try and see if his magic is connected to wind.

Looking at the others he decided to walk a bit deeper into the gym to a larger open area. As he walked he noticed he was leaving a trail of footprints on the dusty ground. He figured it might help him to see if his magic was wind.

Standing now still Diaval closed his eyes and thought about wind. It took him several minutes but eventually he felt a small breeze against his skin. Opening his eyes he looked at the ground and saw several smudges on the dusty floor, like a small breeze that might have passed across the ground. Diaval could only smile.

Wendy was still busy concentrating on her ball of electricity. It was the size of a baseball by now and she could feel that she was getting rather tired.

Suddenly someone shouted something and Wendy lost control of the ball of electricity. The ball flew up to the ceiling and hit a fluorescent light. The surge of electricity it received caused the light to burst, lighting up the room for a few seconds before it fell and shattered on the ground.