Fortune86

Please Closed ~ Died

Ray inclined his head toward her. "There we go," he murmured, slightly amused. So she had noticed his presence - perhaps not consciously, but he'd certainly been present in her memories. He hoped she'd caught his little joke. It had been funny, hadn't it? Perhaps he wasn't good with humour...

Her friend seemed eager to move on, sighing loudly at something. Oh, hold on - he'd been there too last night. Was there something going on here? It seemed as if he was drawn toward the others from Night Class. Not that it'd surprise him if it was more than simple chance. The guy didn't seem to recognise Ray, but no matter. He'd find out soon enough. The brunette glanced to Claire, his companion, wondering whether he'd picked up anything either. He returned his attention back to Diane and smiled again.

"Will you be attending tonight?"

Claire had been standing idly listening as Ray and Diane talked, and was looking at Kit, wondering whether he had figured out what his ability was.

Listening to Diane and Ray he spun his head around and looked at Ray upon the realisation that he had been there as well.

"Wah!? You were there too. Why did you tell me," Claire asked, looking rather hurt.

((Sorry for short post))

“Of course!” exclaimed Diane unashamedly. “No way I’m missing anything!”

When Claire suddenly interjected Diane realised he had been standing there all along. With the pretty boy in their midst the small group was starting to attract a few stares from the passing girls.

Turning her attention back to Claire and Ray she spoke in a low voice so only they can Kit could hear

“You’re both coming at lunch time right? I think it would be a good idea for us all to meet and talk before we have another lesson.”

Some of the stares from the girls were becoming quite pointed. Diane felt quite self-conscious that she was the only girl standing in a group of fairly good looking guys. With the way the day had been so far she’d probably get trouble for it later.

“We should meet at the classroom” she suggested, putting a little stress on the word to indicate which one she meant. Though they met get some stick if the eight of them were caught meeting up in secret, there was no actual rule against it. Besides it’d be easier to talk more openly if they could put a door between Claire and his fan girls. Besides, she kinda wanted to take a look around their 'magic' classroom during the day.

~~~

"Yes of course" said Mr Noland. "Have a good day."

Claire nervously rubbed the back of his head.

"Okay then, I'll have to leave class quickly I guess... the girls usually come and find me... oh god they're going to be really mad when I'm not there," Claire said nervously. He hadn't noticed any of the stares that the group had been getting.

An idea struck him and he pulled out his phone and quickly sent a text to Michael.

Hey, need u 2 cover 4 me, gonna b havin a meet with the extra-c group. Tell girls I'm cooking He quickly typed away.

Sighing with relief he put his phone away.

"Well I should be covered for lunch now, come on Ray if I have to leave class early for lunch I don't want to be late," Claire said worriedly and hurried off leaving the group towards his next class, waving kindly to Diane and Kit.

[[i can't quite tell. Are people still in their second classes or should Diaval and Blake be heading out for their third class?]]

Blake shrugged faintly. "Seems so. Bunch of kids were harassing us last class and Riley's been getting flack because they're friends with me," he replied, glancing at them. Riley nodded confirmation, frowning. At Diaval's invitation, he tilted his head. "Sure, I could join but Riley's coming with. I'm not about to ditch them for another group. Especially not on a day like this when everyone seems to have it out for us," he stated.

Ray grinned at her enthusiasm; it was naturally contagious. There was something about Diane. Last night she'd been the only one to take on this thing wholeheartedly, without hesitance or restraint. And there was something about that Ray liked. He glanced to Claire. "I wasn't sure whether or not to mention it..." His words trailed off as he, too, noticed the girls who were glancing toward their little group in the hallway. Why were they giving Diane such mean looks? It didn't make sense. All she was doing was talking to them...

Ah.

They weren't really that petty, were they? He frowned at them, then went back to Diane.

The boy nodded at her suggestion, catching her emphasis on which room they should go to. "Sound like a plan, Diane," he agreed, grinning at his rhyme. Ah, bad jokes. They were so good. He winked not-so-subtly at Diane and the other guy - Kat? Kit? - before walking off after Claire. Ah, the boy had problems that some guys would love to have...

Diane waved Claire and Ray goodbye and then resumed her journey with Kit towards their next class. They just managed to slip in through the door before they were offically late and only recieved a short disapproving stare from the teacher.

Diane looked around for Lucy who was also in this class, but her friend was already seated with some other girls. Resigned to the fact that she was just going to have to deal with Lucy's bad mood for a while Diane took another seat and settled down for the lesson. One more hour and she could meet up with the others for something that was actually interesting.

((Everybody should be heading towards their third class.))

Edited by Fortune86

Whatever was getting on the collective nerves of the school was now indirectly responsible for Kit's own growing headache. He was a patient guy, but he was no saint; he was getting close to snapping back at their teacher as the lesson unfolded not dissimilar to the previous one. Eyes constantly on the back of his head, continually getting the harder questions or a berating at even hesitating to answer a simple one, Kit had to content himself with simply applying more pressure. When his Biro snapped, sending ink all over his page and his bandage, it was all he could do to snap and launch the offending plastic across the room.

“I guess it could be fine. I don’t think the others would mind much but we need to be still cautious about the subject.” Diaval spoke now relaxing a bit in his seat.

“Diaval pay attention and sit straight up in your seat!”

Diaval’s head turned towards the voice that was scolding him for no reason. It was the teacher for this class and she seemed just as annoyed as everyone else.

“Can you and Blake be quite? I can’t teach the class with you two continuing to babble the whole time!”

Diaval wanted to open his mouth to a reply to the teacher but thought against it. He saw what happened to Wendy and he didn’t want to go down that path as well.

~~

“Um… Thank you sir.” Wendy spoke. She quickly picked up her bag and made a bullet line toward the door. As she left the office she was still a bit baffled that she got of lightly but at the same time she was thinking ‘Take that you jack*** of a teacher’.

Wendy wandered down the empty corridors to her third class. If she remembered right she didn’t shared it with any of the others which means she had to deal with all the rudeness on her own. As she reached her class she knocked on the door until someone said enter.

“Sorry I’m late sir. I was at the principal’s office.” Wendy spoke as she entered the classroom.

“Oh is that so. You sure you didn’t want to skip class but felt guilty in the end.” The teacher spoke as he gave her a stern look.

“Of course not. I’m not that kind of kid nor am I that stupid to skip class.” Wendy spoke frowning a bit.

“Oh I’m glad you think you’re not THAT stupid.” The man replied sarcastically.

Some of the students started giggling and started to gossip. Wendy could clearly hear how some of them called her idiot or stupid. It made her angry and her blood was boiling.

“Oh shut up Stefan. You got less than 20% for you last test.” Wendy blurted out in rage. The whole class’s attitude quickly changed and Wendy could feel they aggression they had towards her right now.

“That was uncalled for girl. Do you want to see the headmaster?”

“I told you I just came from the headmaster!”

“Then maybe he needs to have another word with you.”

“I doubt that will help, seeing you can’t even sort out this useless augment yourself… sir.”

The teacher was starting to write a letter for Wendy when her last statement pierced his ego a bit. He glared at her for a few seconds before he tore off the piece of paper and threw it in the dustbin.

“Take your seat and be quite. I’ll deal with you after the lesson.”

Wendy glared back at the man not caring what might come her way. If he can’t control the current situation then he was the stupid one. Slowly Wendy made her way to her seat ignoring everyone in the class. She knew they were giving her kind of death glares but she was too irritated to even react. Once she took in her seat and took out her books Wendy found a piece of paper on her desk. Opening it she quickly read it before tearing it up and tossing it in her bag. A silly threat like that doesn’t scare her at all.

Diane was so ready to leave that when the bell finally rang to signal the end of her third class she leapt up out of her chair as though powered by jet fuel. Without wasting any time she simply grabbed all of her stuff and rammed the lot into her bag as she walked towards the door. She knew she should probably wait for Kit but she was so frustrated that she simply couldn't bear to stay a moment longer.

The whole class had been worse than the last two combined. The sarcastic comments, the sullen looks and the barely veiled insults had pretty much been non-stop the entire hour. Diane was sure she heard some kind of snapping noise from Kit's direction, but hadn't dared turn around and look to make sure he was ok.

Diane had been so quick to leave that was the only person in the corridor. Her anger propelled her straight across the hallway where she drew back her fist and punched the opposite wall. She instantly regretted it, the pain shooting across the hand. Looking down she realised that the skin on her knuckles had broken against the roughness of the brick and she was now bleeding in several places. Sighing and wondering just how much worse the day was going to get Diane turned and leaned against the wall, not only to wait for Kit to catch up but to hide the small stains her punch had left on the wall. As she waited Diane sucked on her knuckles to try and numb the pain a little.

Kit's exit from class was the polar opposite to Diane's; rather than running the risk of the crowd, where he was sure that he was going to end up throwing a punch at someone if he was jostled by one more idiot from close, he instead took his time and slouched out at the back. This, of course, earned him the ire of their teacher, who took the time to start lecturing Kit on how he was lazy and that such under-achievement would land him a job in McDonald's or worse, and how his attitude had to change if he wanted to do better. Deciding not to point out his above-average performance in every class and discipline that he had ever undertaken, Kit simply blanked his teacher and left the room with his back slung over both shoulders and his helmet strapped to the top to stop it bouncing around. Yes, it looked a bit dorkish, but it would avoid him hitting anyone with it.

The corridor was a little less busy than before, and thankfully Kit managed to reach Diane without committing any form of crime - though the temptation was starting to simmer away now. Was it his own lack of sleep that was making him this angsty? Kit couldn't remember if he'd ever been in a playground brawl, let alone be so hot-headed as to actively have to contain the urge to lash out and brain a fellow student - or a member of staff, for that matter. He reached Diane and stood, lean body tense.

"Please tell me it's lunch-time. I really can't take another class," he said through gritted teeth.

Diane was just starting to wonder if she had missed Kit in the stream of students when she spotted him exiting their classroom. Judging by the look of pure irritation on his face, he was feeling as vexed as she was.

"Please tell me it's lunch-time. I really can't take another class."

"It's lunch time" she confirmed with a nod.

The bleeding on her hand had stopped so Diane simply massaged her hurt knuckles better as she spoke. For the first time she could ever remember, she was seriously thinking about blowing off her afternoon classes and just leaving the school. On the other hand, where would she go? If she went home she might bump into her mother who often had to nip back to grab stuff for the boutique and hanging out at the mall where her parents worked wold only lead to trouble. She'd just have to stick it out for today. At least she had the night class to look forward to.

"Come on" she said to Kit as she adjusted the strap of her bag. "Let's get going and go find the others."

Edited by Fortune86

"I thought we were meeting them at the classroom?" Kit replied, waiting for a gaggle of students to pass before taking the lead and moving out into the main corridor, thankful that he and Diane were going with the flow rather than against it. Once again the usual jostling and shoving occurred, normally nothing malicious and just part of school life, but today Kit was feeling it more than usual and was concentrate much to hard on not snapping at someone.

"That's kinda what I mean" said Diane a little exasperated. "I just hope word got round to all the others."

Thankfully the magic classroom wasn't too far away from their current position. As many students were heading towards the cafeteria, Kit and Diane were the only people in the corridor when they turned into it. Reaching the classroom Diane grabbed the handle and pushed the door open. It looked like they were the first ones to arrive.

It was a little disappointing seeing the classroom in the daylight. It looked just like an ordinary room. Chairs, desks, rather bad motivational posters. None of the mystery or excitement of the night before seemed to linger.

Entering the room Diane walked over to the teacher's desk and dumped her bag on it, hoping some of the stress she had built up over the morning would settle down with it. Turning to face Kit she leaned against the desk and crossed her arms.

"So...any idea what you can do yet?"

[[Diaval failed to mention that the group was to meet up in the classroom. tongue.gif Blake's gonna be in the cafeteria then, wondering where everyone is.]]

Blake frowned faintly at Diaval's words. He did realize that Riley was sitting right there. Didn't he? "Cautious about what?" Riley asked quietly, shifting their gaze between the two boys. Before Blake could respond, the teacher began scolding him and Diaval, causing him to glower at the woman. But he didn't cause any further trouble, just as Diaval seemed to have the same idea in mind. Class dragged on like the previous one until the bell finally rang, allowed freedom for only a few moments.

Hurrying to his third class to get away from the stares and scowls, Blake bid Riley farewell until lunch; their third hour wasn't shared and Blake worried what might happen to them. Fortunately, his next class went vaguely better as he did his best to avoid giving the teacher any reason to scold him. Though, it was an effort to ignore the number of jabs directed at him from fellow students.

As the bell rang for lunch, Blake eagerly made his escape, finding Riley's locker in the hallway to wait for them. Unfortunately, it was defaced with sharpie, lewd language and taunts about "scandalous" associations with Blake on the metallic door. The sight of it made him furious, the thought of similar harassment scribbled across the lockers of the other night class students barely crossing his mind.

"Blake? Relax... It washes off...."

He started, twisting to find Riley standing to the side. Blinking, he took in the strained smile on his friend's face before sighing. "Let's go eat," he stated. Riley nodded, more than happy to get away from their locker. Hopefully, the custodian or janitor would clean off or paint over the sharpie later.

The cafeteria was alive with hungry students, the fountain of mean far from drained as Blake was bumped on several occasions. Once he had his food, he was eager to leave the throbbing mass and searched for a table. Well, he more searched for the faces from last night but couldn't find them. Maybe he'd gotten here sooner than the others? Well, he needed to find a set of seats anyways. Riley was already on that though, calling his name and motioning for him to follow them.

"Where's Diaval? Isn't he usually one of the first people in the cafeteria?" Riley asked.

"Not sure. I think it's a hit or miss. Honestly, if they don't show, they don't show."

Edited by Narvix

Ray rose from his seat as the bell went. Phew. That had been boring, if anything. He'd been waiting to meet up with the others, now that they knew his face. Perhaps some had discovered their powers further... He loped out of the classroom, heading toward the one that had held their Night Class. He peered inside to see Kit and Diane had already arrived. "Hello," he greeted them. "Anything mysterious yet?"

Moment after their arrival the door opened and a head peeped in around it. It was ray, one of the other night class students. He must not have been far behind them.

"Hello. Anything mysterious yet?"

"Oh hey" Diane replied Diane raising her right hand to give him a small wave of welcome. "Not yet, but that's what we are here to discuss right?"

The third class of the day finally ended and Wendy bolted out before the teacher could even look twice her way. She felt exhausted and stayed in one spot until the rush in the halls cleared. As she waited she noticed a couple of the others moving in different directions.

“Why aren’t they going to the cafeteria?” She whispered to herself.

Someone purposely bumped into Wendy again causing her to give the girl an evil glare. Maybe they decided to go somewhere else, maybe to the night classroom itself. If that’s the case then she better tell the others.

~~

Diaval tried to go through the classes without much trouble but he was unsuccessful. Someone kept bothering him who caused him to get in trouble with the teachers or they just picked on him for no reason.

When lunch came Diaval headed first to the men’s bathroom. Not really wanting to do any business but just to break away from anyone. He sat in silence in one of the stalls taking a few deep breaths. He had learned a long time ago to control his rage and outbursts but today was rather hard. Finally he decided it was time to go. Quickly he washed his hands and left heading towards the cafeteria.

“Hey Wendy!” He called as he saw the girl ahead of him.

“Diaval!” Wendy said smiling a little when she saw him.

“What happened to you?”

“I’ll tell you later but first I think the others might be meeting up in the class for a bit of privacy so we have to let the others know who doesn’t know.”

“Ah yeah lets go then.”

The pair walked silently the rest of the way until they reached the large cafeteria. Diaval scanned the area and only noticed Blake who seemed to be waiting.

“Wait here. I’ll go tell him.” He spoke as he quickly walked towards his fellow student.

“Hey Blake… The others seem to be meeting up in the class. You coming?”

((Blake can lead them to the class if you want))

"I can repair my bike," Kit replied flatly as he left his bag on top of a table and started moving around the classroom. In daylight it was just a plain room with desks and chairs like any other classroom, but it still seemed to have the same layout as just twelve hours earlier. If there was any mirrors, wires or other devices to help with the illusions they had probably been removed by now, to keep them from being damaged during the day. But there could be something left behind; marks in dust, a forgotten pin, something out of place or unusual.

"You know, there's got to be something around to explain last night's stunts," he murmured, putting aside thoughts of how bad the day had gone as he focused his efforts on solving the mystery that was the midnight magic tricks. Nodding to Ray he started making his way around the classroom, looking under desks and behind displays, hunting for a sign of something that would explain the parlour tricks. He had to admit, this was kinda fun. He enjoyed a bit of a challenge now and then.

Ray shrugged good naturedly, offering her a smile. He watched as Kit started to search the room; obviously not a believer in what had happened last night. Letting out a soft, "hm," he perched on the edge of a table. The teen brought his hands in front of him again, staring at them. Last night, water had appeared out of nowhere in them - but now he reasoned it had probably been sucked out of the air. Could he...? Glancing up again, he concentrated. Nothing happened. Letting out a chuckle, he shook his head to himself. Maybe Kit was onto something. But...

He stared at his hands again.

There was a small bead of water floating there. Softly gasping, he concentrated once more - and it grew, until it was a small amount the size of his fist. He could still do it- what if-?

Looking up at Diaval as the boy spoke, Blake nodded. "Yeah. Give us a second to grab our things," he replied, standing. Riley rose with him, food tray in hand while Blake shouldered his bag. "All set?" he asked, waiting a moment before starting away from the cafeteria.

Riley followed close behind, mindful to not spill their lunch when someone bumped into them. Thankfully, almost everyone was in the cafeteria or outside by now, leaving only a few trickling students in the hallways. Still, Wendy, Blake, and Diaval seemed to get the most hate through glares and snide remarks. After awhile, Blake stopped before a classroom and opened the door, stepping inside.

"Communication might have been a bit better. No one mentioned the classroom until Diaval and Wendy came to get us following speculation," Blake stated, stepping aside so the other three could enter. Riley sidled along and sat in a desk near Blake, tray softly tapping the surface as they set their lunch down. "So, what's with the meeting? 's not like anything big or important happened last night."

Diane shook her head but smiled as Kit set off to search the room for....well...whatever he was hoping to find. Some kind of clue that would prove that last night was all some kind of trick or illusion. But Diane knew it has all been real. She knew it. Still being able to conjure fire whenever she wanted proved it.

A gasp drew her attention and she looked back to Ray. In his outstretched hands hovered a small bubble of water, rippling softly as it floated. Awed and excited by Ray's demonstration Diane moved closer to inspect the ball of liquid, bending down slightly to bring her face closer.

"That is so cool" she breathed.

Just as Diane finished speaking the door opened again and for one horrible moment she thought it might be a teacher, but it was just Blake. She felt a bit guilty when he pointed out that no one had told them about the location. Ooops.

Diane straightened up to welcome Blake and apologise for the error, but as she did she saw one of Blake's friends following him into the room. She quickly stepped in front of Ray to hide the ball of water floating in his hands.

"Blake? You know this meeting was just for us right?" she asked glancing at Riley. "The night class students?"

Blake's expression changed slowly, a deep frown tugging at his features. Was Diane suggesting what he thought she was? It was an unpleasant thought and his visible eye darkened. "No. No one," he shot a pointed look at Diaval. "Mentioned it being solely for the eight of us. However, if that's the case, th-"

"I'll leave without a qualm." Riley's sudden remark made Blake falter, blinking in surprise. Riley smiled reassuringly, chuckling even. "It's okay. I'll be fine today. Make some new friends, Blake. I shouldn't be your only friend, after all. If it'll make you feel better, you can make it up to me later. Dinner at my place tonight?"

Swallowing, Blake wasn't content with the situation but he nodded regardless. Riley smiled more before gathering their tray. On their way out, they waved at the others in the room and shut the door behind them.

After their departure, Blake scowled. "This better be worth the censorkip.gif you're giving me," he snarled.

Blake didn’t look at all happy when she questioned his friend’s presence. Thankfully the guy was cool enough about it and left without issue. Blake on the other pretty much snarled his displeasure at the group.

"There's no need to be like that" snapped back Diane. "Okay, so we didn't explicitly point out that only the eight of us should be here, but it shouldn’t have taken much to work out. The whole point of us getting together is to talk about last night, which we agreed to keep secret. If you don’t want to play by the rules, then fine, but you better respect that some of us do.”

She looked around the room. Apart from Blake and herself, the only other inhabitants were Kit, Ray, Wendy and Diaval. Shannon and Claire hadn’t appeared yet. Were they going to show up? Diane knew that Claire had been told, but she hadn't seen Shannon all day.

"Maybe we should swap cell phone numbers" she suggested. "That way we can stay in touch properly."

((Spirit is it okay to assume that Wendy and Diaval arrived with Blake?))

Edited by Fortune86

Kit had been on his hands and knees, looking at the underside of desks for hidden wires or powder on the floor which could have created the fireball, when he heard Blake, Riley and Diane's heated discussion. With a sigh he had pushed himself up, intending to try and defuse the situation before it got out of hand, but Riley was game enough to walk away and leave the others to their chat. Kit frowned; it seemed like something of an over-reaction from Diane, who he'd always found to be a more level-headed individual. Perhaps she was letting off steam? God knows it had been a trying morning for him, with the strange mood that had taken over the school not only getting under his skin, but now trying to make itself comfortable too.

"Sure, why not?" Kit shrugged. "I mean, if we're going to be driving or walking or cycling around in the middle of the night it might be an idea to have an emergency contact who may still be up." If the time came that Kit lost interest in the classes, it couldn't harm to have a few extra numbers on his mobile.