angelicdragonpuppy

Make old default site skin a skin option

I'd love to use the new default design (it's really cool) but it's too laggy for me to hunt eggs in the cave. I've been using the St Patrick's Day one to compensate. I would like the new one to load faster, but if we got the original default back, I know I'd use it again too. So I'll throw in my support on this.

I'd love to use the new default design (it's really cool) but it's too laggy for me to hunt eggs in the cave. I've been using the St Patrick's Day one to compensate. I would like the new one to load faster, but if we got the original default back, I know I'd use it again too. So I'll throw in my support on this.

same for me to

I'd love this! In particular I loved the big links for Account, Dragons, etc. The new links are smaller, so they take a little more time and concentration to click. I use those links hundreds of times in a week, so I miss when they were big and easy,

I've been using the 1960s skin which has a similar color palette as old default.

*snip* An option to click on the account page, enabling or disabling background images, would probably be best, or like said, add the old default as a skin.

I agree that enabling or disabling background images would probably solve the problems mentioned. In the meantime, have those of you who have problems with the new skin tried blocking the background image?

I am also encountering the longer loading times people have mentioned. I disable javascript while hunting, that helps for me and is easier than changing skins. With the old default skin I never realized any difference whether javascript was on or off, with the new skin there is clearly a difference in speed for me.

I'll toss my support behind this myself. I love the new one and am keeping it but if others would like to use the other one I don't see why it can't be a choice too.

I agree that enabling or disabling background images would probably solve the problems mentioned. In the meantime, have those of you who have problems with the new skin tried blocking the background image?

I am also encountering the longer loading times people have mentioned. I disable javascript while hunting, that helps for me and is easier than changing skins. With the old default skin I never realized any difference whether javascript was on or off, with the new skin there is clearly a difference in speed for me.

I tried blocking it, yes - but when I was "tied" to the new skin, nothing speeded up; the only thing that worked was switching skins. Someone else posted the same thing; it's not just me.

While I like the new old, I'm a bit attached to the old one as well. Even if this new one looks cool it doesn't have the same affect the old one has on me, if there was a choice I'd definitely choose to use the old one again, so this has my support. :>

The new design is really pretty - when it renders properly - but recently my scroll has started to look like this:

Screenie

White text on the default tan scroll paper is, quite frankly, a pain in the ass to even try to read....

The new design is really pretty - when it renders properly - but recently my scroll has started to look like this:

Screenie

White text on the default tan scroll paper is, quite frankly, a pain in the ass to even try to read....

Do a hard refresh to clear that up. That's just a loading error.

Support.

The motion of the background behind the scroll had gone away, but now it's suddenly back for me. And I can't do it. So I retreated back to St. Patty's once more, and that's where I'm going to be staying unless the old default is brought back. Which I would strongly prefer. Because I dislike having this much green in my face. It's too bright, but I'd rather deal with too bright then feeling like I'm going to hurl.

After a few months of the new skin, I gotta say I like the simplistic old skin a little better and would use it over the new one.

Much as I love the art on the new skin, if it were ever to be possible to have the old skin back, I'd much prefer the faster loading, myself; I find the other available skins to be hard on the eyes and don't actually have another option... I gather there are real problems involving the old skin having been used for (edit: the new) art and don't expect it back, though.

But for myself and many others, the art regarding the dragons is what matters most; art on the site may be lovely, but we're predominately here to catch, breed and collect dragons and mostly don't care as much overall about cosmetic additions as we do about functional ones which would improve our playing experience.

Edited by Syphoneira

I like the artwork too, but am among the many using the St. Pat's because it's faster. So would also like the older one as an option.