Fantasy Writer's Muse

Cold Iron & Pixie Dust [OOC]

This still accepting?

If so, how many characters can we have?

Looks like I'll be joining the party, was just drawn to this one~ I'll have my sheet up soon and ready to go.

I also really like this RP. Definitely going to be posting a sheet here in a bit.

EDIT: What are the lifespans of each available species?

Edited by oddinomaly

Whoo! People! *sets out cookies and lemonade* Feel free to post your sheets here. I...should be getting a post up by the end of today.

Edit: To answer some of the questions, please limit your characters to two when you're starting out, NPCs non-withstanding, and there aren't any age limits. Any species is fine, though as usual, the caveat is that they're not over-powered and the characters themselves have weaknesses and flaws.

Edited by Fantasy Writer's Muse

Name: Crimson Nightcastor

Race/ Species: Dark Dragon

Appearance: Human: Crimson is 5'4 exact in height, with a rather slender, hourglass shaped figure of a body. Her eyes are a dark, reddish color that compliment her slightly rounded framed face. Hair style is long, silky black color that fades into red at the tips with a series of layers throughout, length exceeding no longer than her middle back. Though at times when aggravated, Crimson's eyes will dilate into slits and will turn a vivid red color, and at times, her teeth will elongate into fangs, though not by much.

Dragon: In this form, she stands 10'7 in height with a length of 12'3. Her eyes still retain their color, but her scales are pure black, with the exception of her underbelly and wings which are a night purple color. Atop of the base of her skull protrudes a set of horns which curl at the tips slightly with a series of smaller spikes aligned where her neck and head connect. Unlike most of her dragonkind, Crimson has visible ears, similar to those of a deer, as well as fur that runs from forehead to tail tip.

Personality: Crimson has a rather calm personality, though it doesn't take much to set her off. She can be stubborn and hardheaded at times, though only when it comes to things that she dislikes or doesn't want to do. She's a rather open minded individual and will remain neutral in most situations until she sees reason to intervene. Crimson also tends to be a bit shy around others she doesn't know, but once acquainted she's rather outgoing and loyal to her peers.

Background: As a hatchling, Crimson learned how to take care of herself from the get-go, seeing as she had no parents to care for her due to being abandoned. From this, she has a hard time trusting people, and rarely relies on anyone for anything. Growing up was rather rough for her as well for being a dark dragon gave other creatures a bad vibe towards her. Most were terrified that she'd sacrifice them or shroud them into a life of complete darkness, making her spend most years in solitude. Even so, she still hoped for the better and never acted upon her stereotypical label she was given. When the opportunity to live amongst humans was granted she took the chance, and created a human form for herself. With this, Crimson sought out another road to life, to change her ways of solitude and to clear her judged slate.

Other: Can change between forms at will, though in her draconic form she has access to some abilities. From these, Crimson is able to cast dark magic such as curses and conjuring horrendous illusions. She can also fade into a shadow though only for a max of ten minutes and in such state light rays are damaging to her. Crimson of course still has the dragon trademark of fire breathing.

Finally got this done xd.png had to go with one of my favorite creatures ~ Hope its alright ^^

Edited by DarknessDragon197

I'm working on my sheet now. Can I customize the sheet? I'd like to add things like height, weight, religion, etc.uvu

I feel like Sarkan would despise Zach, and that Zach has been thrown out of his bar more than once lol

And as far as Dorijan, I can see Zach having the time of his life messing with him and ruining his innocence, but I'm not sure either of my characters would go to a spa. Iris is more likely to go to the bar to unwind.

Edited by PythonPro

Welp, here she is!

Name: Birkita Finnegan

Race/ Species: Skinwalker

Occupation: Birkita hosts a popular late night radio show where she discusses things like religion, the spirit world, and mythology. When word gets out about supernatural entities it becomes a call-in talk show about the experiences of the paranormal entities living as humans. When she isn't working, she is working in advocacy for equal rights between humans and paranormal creatures.

Appearance: Birkita is tall and lithe, about 6'2" and 140 pounds. She tends to stand out from the crowd, and she does so by choice. She is mixed race, with round eyes and dark skin. She has heterochromia (right eye blue, left eye brown) and tends to do her makeup to accentuate this. Freckles dot her small nose and high cheekbones. Her face is angular and her brows curved. Her curly, bushy hair is dyed purple and blue, but not so much that the dark brown doesn't still shine through on occasion. It is shaved short on one side, but not on the top.

Her sense of style is generally casual, but she keeps herself well-kept. Her wardrobe consists of solid-color T-shirts, usually light, and various pairs of jeans. She has a gray jacket she wears constantly, even in hot weather. She accessorizes with a number of piercings: she usually wears silver studs in her right eyebrow piercing, a single stud on the side of her nose, and a hoop in her lip. She has had her ears gauged since she was twelve. Birkita also loves jewelry, her favorites being wrist bangles and long necklaces with pendants made of animal parts (especially bones). Her voice is high-pitched but not extremely so, and has a raspy undertone.

Personality: Birkita Finnegan has been described by her college professors as "someone who will make waves in the human rights community," and rightfully so. She has a very strong sense of what she believes is right and will put this sense to good use in her advocacy. However, because of this many find her to be pushy and stubborn. She doesn't let problematic behavior slide; if someone says something homophobic, transphobic, misogynistic or otherwise discriminatory, she will call them on it and aggressively argue her opinion until they agree or leave. This means she is most likely to get along best with those who share her beliefs, as those who don't tend to think she is shoving her opinions down their throats. She has ended up in many a fight because others mistook her attempts at education as intolerace.

She is most definitely an extrovert, often roaming local bars and restaurants and befriending the owners and staff. Befitting the type who makes friends easily, her charismatic, loving nature often gets the best of those around her. Even so, when she makes enemies they are enemies for life, and their relationships tend to be physical...in the sense that they occasionally try to wipe each other off the face of the map. Birkita is not known for her willingness to back down from a fight, and her pride often gets her to bite off more than she can chew.

Background: Born to a mother of Cherokee Native American and South African descent and a white Irish father, Birkita Finnegan has always lived a life split between two worlds, and not just culturally. Her father, a bearded family man, was a werewolf. She was born and raises in Ireland until the age of seven, when her father was killed my his pack's alpha. The threat of the werewolf pack meant that Birkita's mother had to take her far, far away. Her mother ended up working two jobs as a waitress to support them both until high school, when Birkita became a barista at a local coffee joint. She was considered a hardworking student by her teachers and even ended up graduating a year early.

Birkita's college years were just like any other student's: domestic. Only there was a twist. This was when she began to study her mother's Native American culture. She discovered the ancient ceremonies of Skinwalkers. Her decision to become one herself was heavily influenced by a desire to be closer to her father in spirit. She involved herself much more in the local supernatural community, learning and observing the dangers of living as a monster surrounded by humans. It was here she aquired her first skins: an arctic fox, a large silvery-black timber wolf, and a whitetail deer. These are the forms she takes most often.

After graduating with degrees in creative fiction and human rights, Birkita took to the airwaves in the hope of expanding her advocacy work. She bagan to work as a paid intern at the local radio station, and after two years of working her way up the ranks, ended up as a host of her own radio show.

Other: She is also a practicing pagan. She doesn't worship any pantheon, preferring instead to give thanks to the Earth. She is a novice spellcaster. Birkita will often work beneficial magic for friends so that they might have strength in hard times, though she doesn't tell them. Also worth noting, she has a major interest in vulture culture, the collection of animal parts such as furs, taxidermy, bones, teeth, etc as a hobby. Her apartment is lined with skins, antlers and whatnot from various animals native to North America.

Edited by oddinomaly

Name: Robert Sideway

Race/ Species:Incubus

Appearance: Sideway

Personality:Sideway, despite what he is and how they are seen, is actually one of the nicest fae guys around. He is always ready to jump in to help people in trouble, he gives to the homeless, he even recycles. Maybe it's to make up for such a dark profession.

Background: Robert killed his first girlfriend at the age of 16, the night he lost his virginity. He woke up the next morning and she was just...dead. That was that. Ever since he then he started drifting from city to town, killing women and men everywhere he went. He ended up in a shady little city called Nightfall where he met a group of people that showed him how to control his urges and feed without killing. Ever since he said good bye to them his life had been looking up.

Other:He is drop dead beautiful but in a eery way. Like it's not his real face...

Name:Elfte (no last name)

Race/ Species: android

Occupation: drifter, motivational speaker, Tech Support, mechanic, inventor(She's done a lot)

Appearance:Elfte

Personality: Elfte's curiosity knows no bounds, it's what she was built for after all. She is willing to be friends with anyone and is willing to share her knowledge with those willing to listen. She hates violence of any kind and will go out of her way to avoid it. In fact, she isn't programmed to be capable of violence. Her sense of humor is a little dry and hard to understand at first but she adapts. Keep her away from your electronics.

Background:A man in a black suit approaches you silently and hands you a file. The picture above is paper clipped to the front of the folder. You flip the manila folder open and you eyes fall upon a pile of papers. The top of the first page wore a stamp labeling the file property of the FBI. The top of the page said one thing Elfte. The entire first and second page of writing was redacted in thick, black marker. On the third page, her story began.

Elfte is moving back to America after her stay in Geneva, Switzerland. She told us over the phone that she received a software update and a "full body makeover" from a group called <REDACTED>.

Augest, 16, 1994

Elfte arrived in American at<REDACTED> airport. Moved into Top Secret Government Facility Area 51.

<REDACTED>

December 25th, 1997

Elfte went under an experimental hardware modification that gave her realistic features such as Giving her realistic skin, hair, proper emotions, more human movements, self soft tissue reconstruction. Attempted to crack the strange locks on her skeletal and core hardware. <REDACTED>, an engineer working on Elfte, was killed during the process due to attempting to access Elfte's core programming. We moved on.

<REDACTED>

September, 27, 1997

Elfte moved away from her apartment in Area 51 to wander the United States

Everything after that is also redacted. You look up and the man in the black suit is gone and your left holding Elfte's FBI file.

Other: She looks, acts, sounds, and smells completely human on the outside thanks to a hardware upgrade a couple dozen years before. Just under her artificial grown skin is a shimmering skin of porcelain-like plates that make up her exoskeleton. Hope you never see her without her skin though.

Hope an android is ok. Wanted to do something different from your usual fae.

I feel like Sarkan would despise Zach, and that Zach has been thrown out of his bar more than once lol

And as far as Dorijan, I can see Zach having the time of his life messing with him and ruining his innocence, but I'm not sure either of my characters would go to a spa. Iris is more likely to go to the bar to unwind.

pff that could work maybe. im good with p much anything.

yaay more people! \ouo/

Nah I just did it like that for fun. I sat in my backyard and wrote her whole backstory in that format. Not sure why, it just...seemed to be told better that way? Although I've played SCP forever ago, I'm unfamiliar with that portion.

I like it! It works really well for her. uvu And technically the SCP games are based on a writing project called SCP Foundation, which has a couple thousand monsters and articles written similarly to yours. it's really fun to read, especially when you've got nothing better to do.

I've read a few of those articles, rather good pastime too. Though I must say I love how the android sheet was written, did an excellent job padfoot~

Ooh, I just absolutely love the diversity of characters and how well written they are. With such differences and similarities it will make a rather interesting mix. Can't wait to get started~

I read a few last night and I see what you mean. It is a bit similar .

Thank you DarkDragon smile.gif I need to read over everyone else's sheets so familiarize myself with everyone.

Hopefully Androids count as fae here. They do in pathfinder.

You're welcome~ Yeah same here, I've at least re-read them 3 times but there's so many to memorize.

I'm sure it'll be accepted, there's nothing against it so far~

i think androids should be fine? ovo; i mean it's up to the op but the summary said the city was very industrialized so i think it works in the setting

It almost sounds like an RPG I've played with my dad??? Interface Zero is much more cyberpunk, but I'm getting the same gritty vibes...

Been a long time since I was last on DCF... Let's give this a go, shall we?

Name: Gwendolyn Lopt’s her real name, for all the good it’ll do you.

Age: Biologically, she’s about 30. Chronologically, it’s unknown, but she may have been born well over a thousand years ago.

Race/ Species: Human

Occupation: She’s a grifter, a swindler, a confidence artist, a hustler, a gun moll, a scammer, and a cheat. Oh, and she does magic too.

Appearance: Gwen’s a short girl, clocking in at just four-foot-eight. Her eyes are a clever shade of hazel, her features fine, and she wears her auburn hair in ringlets to her shoulders, when it isn’t dyed for a job. She has a dozen dozen different smiles, and she wields them with a craftsman’s dexterous proficiency, but her absolute favorite is the one she calls ‘the Money Card.’ If you ever see it, you’ve already lost.

Personality: Manipulative and free-spirited, Gwen combines the trickery and guile of the fae with a distinctly human level of ambition and avarice. She has a soft spot for children and animals, and bears no animosity even to the people she cons, but she has difficulty being genuine and often comes across as awkward or cold to those she isn’t trying to fool.

Background: Gwen’s first adventure began at only one week old, when the Fair Folk snatched her out of her unguarded cradle and into the intrigue and magic of the Fae Realm. She spent her formative years dancing with the pixies and the phookas through the evergreen forests of the Land Beneath the Hills; time there being what it is, she may have been there as little as the ten years she seemed to age or as long as a hundred times that. Regardless, she was still only a child when the captors she thought of as her parents, having danced their dances and played their games to satisfaction, forgot her. Left alone, she soon wandered back into the mortal world, emerging in Orange County, California. From there, a short step saw the mysterious orphan safe in the tender arms of Child Protective Services.

Gwen hated foster care from the start. She didn’t so much mind the twin lacks of affection and stability, having never really had either, but her faerie-molded nature rebelled against the system’s rules and restrictions. It was during her time in the system, however, that Gwen discovered her greatest advantage: during her youth, she had learned something of the glamours and sorceries of the Sidhe, and was shocked to discover that others couldn’t do what came to her as naturally as breathing and lying. Shortly after her revelation, Gwen received a visit from a strange man in a dark suit who told her she must keep her magic secret, and what the consequences would be if it seemed she might fail. Undeterred by this, however, the young Gwen continued to use her magic to her advantage, keeping her enchantments so subtle that none she worked them on ever noticed anything out of the ordinary.

Gwen left the foster care system for good at 16. With even the little power she possessed, she felt herself a goddess next to the powerless, ignorant mortals. It was like having an entire deck of aces up her sleeve at a table where nobody else even knew they were playing cards. What she wanted, she took. Gwen became a ruiner of men, twisting their minds with magic to fall for the con, to make the wrong move, to give her everything just because she asked. Throughout it all, though, she remembered the man in the dark suit, and she did her work with subtlety. Most she took from never even knew they’d been robbed, while those that did never thought it could have been magic—that would be insane, after all, and Gwen took care that those few who reached the truth would never be believed.

The day the masquerade came crashing down, so did Gwen’s world. After all, the one was, in a very real way, built on the other. At the time, Gwen was working a simple job, taking a rich young lawyer for a couple hundred thousand. It should have been easy, but he put two and two together pretty fast when he saw the news. Worse, he saw it before Gwen did, completely blindsiding her. She barely escaped with her life, let alone her freedom, and has been lying low since, living off of her savings. But the money’s started to ebb low, and to get it back, Gwen’s going to need to find a new way of doing business…

Other: While Gwen’s certainly a talented mage, her abilities don’t lend themselves particularly to the heat of combat. For that, she packs her trusty Beretta subcompact; its name is Peter Pan, and it will take you to Neverland as quick as she can pull the trigger.

Edited by monsterax

I'm lost at the "smiles" in the appearance section... Or how a human can be thousands of years old. My thought is for this RP, that looking human but using magic means your not human.

Edited by Dotzrus