Fantasy Writer's Muse

Cold Iron & Pixie Dust [OOC]

I prefer character sheets but I can attempt paragraph introductions. They just tend not to be as great.

I just didn't want to scare people away with my post length or give them false expectations about my posting speed. >.>"

I'll go with the urban fantasy plot, then!

...what's the protocol for these forums? Do I just edit it into the first post, add a character sheet, etc? Or do I start a new thread?

Whatever the protocols wouldn't be, it'd be better if you make a new thread so there wouldn't be that many posts already xd.png

Well, you could turn this tread into an OOC and then make an IC thread with information/character sheets/posts. Or you could ask people to delete their previous posts and turn this one into the IC thread.

If you want, you could change this into the OOC thread and make a new IC thread with the:

Plot Start

Summary

Rule

Character sheet that we can Copy/paste

Sorry to see you go, SUP3RSPAWN3R, but if/ when I get some kind of magical steampunk roleplay up, I'll be sure to drop you a message. smile.gif

Right. So, I made this the OoC thread, and I'll get an IC one up by the end of today...but this is the basic character sheet for those who are interested, so y'all can get started. The basic plot is explained in this post and will be expanded upon in the official IC thread. It should be enough to give you a gist of what's going on, however. I'm allowing pretty much anything, since I'm a lazy GM, but keep in mind that I expect the characters to be realistic, with strengths and flaws, and not be obscenely over-powered. Vampires, werewolves, magic-users, the fae, and everything else is all fun. You can play a hunter of the supernatural, a government official, a mundane human caught up in the midst, or some kind of supernatural entity.

...and there will be politics and games and lots of fun themes we can play with, because this is essentially Vampire: The Masquerade mixed with the politics of Marvel's Civil War storyline.

[B]Name:[/B]
[B]Age:[/B]
[B]Gender:[/B]
[b]Race/ Species:[/b]
[B]Occupation:[/B]
[B]Appearance:[/B]
[B]Personality:[/B]
[B]Background:[/B]
[B]Other:[/B]

You want us to post our sheets here or PM them to you?

(I will wait for someone else to post a sheet before I do, It's a habit I have.)

Hmmm... I'd say just post them here. I'll just quote/ copy and paste them into the IC thread's second post or link to them. Linking to them sounds much easier, now that I think of it; you can edit them that way. biggrin.gif

As I said, I'm a pretty lazy GM. xd.png

ETA: What kind of setting would y'all like? I just realized I'm fairly America-centric, and I don't want to alienate anyone. I was thinking to just put it in some generic, made-up-on-the-spot city in Anywhere, USA, but I wanted your input. :3

Edited by Fantasy Writer's Muse

Made-up city in Anywhere, USA works for me.

Can we make up species provided we include information about them?

Therianthropes in general should work, yes!

I don't see any reason to limit your ability to create a species. Just provide a detailed write up so others could make a character from that species if they so desire (I might even make a beastiary/ reference section) and keep them balanced with strengths and weaknesses. I suppose I should mention that I technically have the ultimate veto, but... I don't ever like doing that. >.>"

ETA: IC thread here for your consideration! ...I hate roleplay write-ups. xd.png

Edited by Fantasy Writer's Muse

hmm i might be interested if it doesnt go super fast... :c

just wanted to make sure first, would a rusulka character be acceptable? you mentioned vampires and werewolves so i assume they'd work but i just want to double check ouo; alsso is this semi-lit or advanced lit?

Edited by Switch

Water nymphs? 8D Go right ahead!

...oh gosh. Uhm... advanced? Semi-lit? Lit? @.@'' I'm not used to ranking my roleplays, but I'd hate for you to feel left out. I tend to post... ogosh. A few paragraphs per post. Word count is usually 500+. Does that help at all?

And if the roleplay moves too fast, I'll get left behind! xd.png I mentioned earlier in the thread that I tend to post once or twice in-character per day, so that should hopefully keep things a bit slower than some of the roleplays here. Hopefully it doesn't get buried.

From PM I send to FWM:

Name: Blake Farnham

Race/ Species: Human

Appearance: I'm lazy, so here is a pic

Personality: Blake is rather a calm and patient person and those traits greatly help him in his jewelry job. Nonetheless, living in "normal" world under a cover of jeweler taught him, that not everything may be as it seems. Thus, he is quite leery and doesn't trust people and non-people he meets for the first time. Blake gets easily distracted when someone talks to him about gems and metals.

Background: Blake was born in a magnomancer family with a long lineage. It is said that one of his ancestors took part in city's establishment, though it is only his family legend and it probably exists only to emphasize the age of their lineage. He was trained from his early years to learn how to fully contain his magical power.

However, hard times came for the magnomancer family when Blake was 17 years old - his father, head of the family died as a result of complicated underworld political nuisances. Because of that the young mage had to grow up a bit quicker - as he was head of the family now, for there were no other males in his family.

He decided that from now on his family won't interfere in politics, because of respect for his father and fear of possibility of being assassinated just as the previous head of the family. He needed to stop his training - which usually ended before 20th birthday of a student - and decided to become a jeweler. It was more of a family tradition than his own desire, but he was okay with that - and his magnomacer abilities greatly helped him with that job.

Other: Magnomancer - mage specialized in magnetism and metal manipulation.

Water nymphs? 8D  Go right ahead!

...oh gosh.  Uhm... advanced?  Semi-lit?  Lit?  @.@''  I'm not used to ranking my roleplays, but I'd hate for you to feel left out.  I tend to post... ogosh.  A few paragraphs per post.  Word count is usually 500+.  Does that help at all?

And if the roleplay moves too fast, I'll get left behind! XD  I mentioned earlier in the thread that I tend to post once or twice in-character per day, so that should hopefully keep things a bit slower than some of the roleplays here.  Hopefully it doesn't get buried.

hrrm i think im usually a bit under that (゚ω゚;); i hope that's okay... i can try to write more but it might be difficult

oh that's good, i see a lot of roleplays go really fast and it makes it difficult to keep up since i have a lot of homework plus art. i think i might apply tonight? ouo/

Well this certainly looks interesting, and at the risk of being presumptuous, I'm going to post a character sheet in the hopes of joining. The sheet is sparse because I'd rather flesh out characters with the flow of the story.

Name: Zach Atheris

Species: Shapeshifter

Occupation: He works at a pet store. He likes the simple life. And some theft on the side.

Appearance: He's short and stocky, with a short, forward-swept mohawk. His hair is naturally red, and he usually wears jeans and a leather jacket.

Personality: He's sarcastic and blunt, and likes to keep his true emotions and motives close to the vest.

Background: He was born to a single mother that died when he was 10 years old. He survived into adulthood by stealing what he needed, and conning people to help him or look the other way. He's only been to jail once, and easily escaped it by shifting - so he probably has a warrant out on him in some distant state. He's eased up on the stealing since he took the pet store job, but sometimes he can't help himself to a little pickpocketing.

Other: He prefers to shift into snake forms, the Variable Bush Viper being his favorite.

Are we allowed more than one character?

Edit: I usually do no more than two characters anyways, and I don't always introduce them at the same time. I'm going to make my second one now, but I don't know when she'll pop up (especially since it hasn't started yet, and I don't want to make the first post).

Name: Iris Aello

Species: Harpy

Occupation: She's a police officer, and a fierce advocate for peaceful coexistence with humans, and asserts that the supernatural have a duty to protect the natural. She's the leader of a coalition that shares her views - members of which are both human and supers.

Appearance: With barn owl wings

Personality: She's a no-nonsense person, very hard-headed and ambitious, and never admits failure is an option. She has a quick fuse, and is very protective of others.

Background: As a kid, she always stood up against bullies and protected the weak. Amongst other supernaturals, her kind were seen as horrid, simple, and short-tempered creatures, often looked down upon. Amongst humans, who didn't know what she was, she was accepted as an equal. She has little to no patience with other supernaturals, and it can be hard to gain her trust, or her respect.

Other: Others are welcome to be a part of her coalition, but I don't have a name yet.

Edited by PythonPro

hrrm i think im usually a bit under that (゚ω゚;); i hope that's okay... i can try to write more but it might be difficult

oh that's good, i see a lot of roleplays go really fast and it makes it difficult to keep up since i have a lot of homework plus art. i think i might apply tonight? ouo/

Take your time with the sheet! biggrin.gif And do you wanna know a secret? When I first started out roleplaying, I wasn't very good. I definitely didn't post as much or as long as the people in my groups, but I learned and got better by writing with them--that's the beauty of roleplaying, y'know? Personally, I think you'll be fine. smile.gif

...not that I'm any good or should be a role model, ogosh, but I know I've gotten better over the years.

Holy funyuns 1 hour and 43 replies...

I think you might have your dates a bit mixed up, though I'm not sure if 45-ish replies in a 24-hour period is slow or fast for this kind of OoC thread here. Would you be interested in joining, by the by?

Well this certainly looks interesting, and at the risk of being presumptuous, I'm going to post a character sheet in the hopes of joining. The sheet is sparse because I'd rather flesh out characters with the flow of the story.

Are we allowed more than one character?

That's what you call presumptuous? I call it flattery. <3 And I completely understand sparse or non-existent character sheets. I'm pretty against them myself, as I keep reiterating since it seems rather uncommon here.

I should probably put it somewhere that I don't want too many characters to start off with, huh? I'd say no more than two right off the bat, though you can always have NPCs. biggrin.gif

I don't know, the post date was at 12, the edit was at 10, and it's 1:30 now. It's funny again. Darn you, DCF! 3 hours then. I don't know.

I might stalk for a bit, like I normally do. Although I'm prubly join at some point.

Edited by MyaMouse

iiii hope this is acceptable (; ゚u ゚) totally willing to make changes if i need

Name: Dorijan Stefanov

Race/ Species: Rusalka

Appearance: Dorijan stands at average height with sickly pale skin and wavy, light green hair that reaches his waist. His body is very thin and he has a highly androgynous, fairly attractive face. His eyes are green and lidded, giving him a perpetually sleepy appearance. He almost always wears either a white sundress or a loose-fitting long sleeved white shirt with white pants.

Personality: He is very quiet and seemingly mostly serene, with a somewhat floaty atmosphere. Due to his upbringing, he is sheltered and obedient, sometimes to a fault. He is highly sensitive but poor at reading other people.

Background: Dorijan was raised by a single "father," an elderly water spirit who is highly aloof even to his so-called protégé. With little place else to go, they run a small spa/medicinal shop that offers baths and herbs secretly enchanted using their species' water and plant magic. This gives their products highly beneficial side effects, which has in turn made them just popular enough to make a reclusive living. Because he was put to near constant work at a young age, Dorijan has no companions besides his father and received little education on the real world.

Other: Dorijan refers to himself as "he," which is what his father calls him, but doesn't mind other pronouns.

Name: Sarkan

Race/ Species: Fire/Electric Elemental

Appearance: Human form: Sarkan has black hair with a short black beard. He has dark green eyes and normally wears a long dark brown coat. Elemental Form: Here

Personality: Sarkan is quiet and stern. He takes business serious and is not the most personable man. Give him a free drink though and he can be your best friend.

Background: Sarkan is a ex-guardian of the realm. In times long past Sarkan was an Elemental that would prevent those on the supernatural side of the Masquerade from pushing through the veil. He was removed from his post in peacetime (Also because of his less than orthodox methods) and tried to settle down. He thinks little of humans and is pretty open to going with the flow. He has no allegiance at this point. His power to control fire and electricity are purely elemental based, making him very powerful. He is very susceptible to magical traps and bindings.

Other: Sarkan keeps a D. Eagle and a Flare gun in his coat at all times. (With a legal license tongue.gif)