Tazzay

Flight Rising

*excited flapping* less than 24 hours until registration opens!

(At which point there will be exactly an hour before my last exam starts, so I'll have a bit more of a wait than that >_<)

I'm so excited for all of these buttons actually doing something xd.png There's only so much interest I can obtain from stalking the dominance board now I've chosen a flight and decided what I'm going to do with my first dragon.

Edited by ObsessedWithCats

Ugh

So angering. Registration came at such a short notice that I could not even breed nests! I want to give newbies some shinies dry.gif

Dragons for sale:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

omg esko he looks fantastic!! <33 thanks for taking such good care of my baby ; v ;

i should have new circuit imps in a bit once i can gather up a bit more treasure for an expansion <33

cuties for sale!!

flexible on all prices, feel free to send a cr

user posted image

ice/ice/ice, 30k.

user posted image

avocado/teal/ivory, 20k.

user posted image

white/lavender/royal, 15k.

user posted image

rose/rose/rose, 15k.

cool crystal/facet dergs, all 50k!

user posted image

ice/platinum/midnight

user posted image

ice/platinum/ice

Edited by Lady_Lunevis

The items and apparel (as well as skins) that are discontinued are mostly ones from the monthly festivals (they retire once the festival is over), or ones that have been given to those who helped kickstart the site (someone please add/correct me if I missed anything ^^; ) :3 As far as breeding goes, unlike DC, you can't breed dragons that are too closely related to one another or share a common ancestor (the Assay Bloodlines in the Scrying Workshop will help you avoid issues like that) :3 Once you have a pair that you want to breed, you breed them in the Nesting Grounds and you'll get either 1-4 eggs (if you breed 2 of the same breed together) or 5 eggs (if you breed 2 different breeds together; better chances at a full nest) :3 You have to incubate the eggs each day until they hatch in the 5th day - I'm not too sure if anyone cares for lineages (not sure if you can view a dragon's progeny like DC does), though that's just my opinion ^^; Some people won't care either way, while others may want close to 1st gens as possible (from unhatched eggs you find scavenging, or from your starting pair) :3 Color-wise, it's just like breeding, people will go after any color combo; Some like muddy/mix-matched colors, eye burners, sparkly ones, etc., depends on the person :3 (I really apologize for the lengthy explanation, it may not be the best as I'm not good at simplifying my words ^^; )

There's not a lineage viewer like we have here, no. The best you can do is click through to a dragon's parents from the individual dragon's page. You can backtrack through to the first-gens in the line that way, but there's no neat grid-type display available. There aren't really lineages like we have either, though plenty of people do have breeding projects/themes for the dragons they breed.

I can think of a couple off the top of my head that people in my flight specifically do: cookies and glowbellies. The former is dragons that, well, look like/remind one of a cookie, often in shades of brown/black/white, but I know that there are people who do banana cookies, cinnamon cookies, and various other types. The glowbellies are (usually) black-to-midnight primary and secondary with (usually) seafoam tertiary underbelly colour, so they appear to be glowing from within. There are loads and loads and loads of others, many flight specific, though plenty are either by individuals or non-flight-restricted groups.

"Purebred", which, although you didn't mention it specifically, is kind of A Thing over here but is essentially unimportant over there except perhaps to specific people. Any FR dragon of any species can be breed-changed into any other species provided you have the scroll to do so, so even lineages that start out as purebred can be broken simply by having the breeder decide that they want to change one of the parents from X breed to Y breed. There's absolutely no guarantee that any lineage will stay pure and besides, as FluffyPillow said, there's a higher max number of eggs in a clutch if you mix breeds, so there's no serious demand for purebred dragons.

(Ed. slightly because I can't words right now.)

to add to the above - Nocturne scrolls are only available through a yearly event in December, and Imperial scrolls are Kickstarter-only items, so you have to pay a very large amount to get one, if you can even find a player who is selling one.

I think people care about purebreds more when they're looking at gen 2s, which can be important more for Imperials because gen-1 collectors basically have to settle for gen-2 Imperials and the purebredness makes them more appealing.

Thanks everyone for the info! Still trying to get my head around a few things but I think I've got a better understanding how it all works now.

One last question: If I bought a dragon from the auction house would its eye color change to reflect what flight I'm apart of?

Thanks everyone for the info! Still trying to get my head around a few things but I think I've got a better understanding how it all works now.

One last question: If I bought a dragon from the auction house would its eye color change to reflect what flight I'm apart of?

No, its eye color stays the same :3 Your clan can contain dragons from any (and all) of the flights if you so wish it to happy.gif

Hey, can I get a little geneing advice? I just bought this beautiful boy for my coli team:

and I'm trying to figure out what to do with his tert. He's coal/mulberry/seafoam, and while I'm very happy with how he looks now, I was thinking of giving him a tert gene to show off the seafoam. (Maybe I'm weird, but I quite like it with the coal/mulberry.) I've narrowed my options down to circuit or gembond, but I can't decide between the two. I like the way gembond looks on skydancers, but I'm also really liking and leaning most towards circuit. Help?

Thanks for the input! I'm thinking over which I want to give him now. happy.gif

Edited by LascielsShadow

I'm a little biased as I love Circuit more than Gembond on any dragon but, I would say that Circuit could be the best way to go.

Gembond for sure. I have never liked the look of Circuit on any dragon.

I love circuit wub.gif But I can see how it's a particular taste and I have no idea how gembond looks so I'm pretty sure my vote here is null tongue.gif

@ObsessedWithCats

This is gembond:

user posted image

Thanks for the opinions! I won't have the gems for a good while either way, so I have time to decide. (I have terrible issues with indecision, so I'm really not surprised I'm finding even this hard.)

Personally, I prefer gembond. I am not fond of the color circuit tints the ends of the wings, especially as it covers the edge of the pretty shimmer. I really only like circuits where the color blends well into the secondary.

Edited by Nectaris

I prefer gembond as well. While the circuit does look nice, I think gembond suits it better.

My nest of 5 hatches tomorrow! I'm really excited to see what I get. I know most of them will be Skydancers like mom but I hope to get at least one Imperial. the colors stand to look awesome if I go by the offspring preview :3 I might even gift one to anyone who joins the water flight wink.gif

personally, i prefer circuit, but gembound looks lovely as well!! overall, to me, it's a matter of colours and the dragon itself. xd.png

new circuit imps for sale! they're starting out at 50k, but i'm flexible with prices! feel free to send a cr.

user posted image

male - stonewash/splash/maize

user posted image

female - stonewash/splash/white

user posted image

female - splash/splash/maize

also, i'm super excited <33 my favourite pair (komorebi and vaedren) just laid a nest of two, and i can't wait to see what their babies will look like. <33

Edited by Lady_Lunevis

Fata!!! Those Imp babies are so cute and adorable!!! Ugh!! If I wasn't saving up for a lair expansion, I'd buy one and gobble it up right now! <3<3

@Lady_Lunevis, dragontamer44722, and Nectaris:

Thanks! I prefer circuit in general, but I do really like the look of gembond on him, too. (It's one of my favourite terts for skydancers and coatls because of how the gems look on the wings.) I'm definitely going to consider the shading that comes with circuit, because as much as I like the gene itself I'm still not 100% sold on how it blends with the mulberry on him. (I'm going to have to think about this some more. I know I can change genes at any time, but I don't want to spend lots of t or gems on a gene and change my mind right after.)

@Lady_Lunevis

Oh, those are some beautiful imps! Iri/Shim/Circ is such a weakness of mine. (The coatl pair is lovely, too-the bright colours are fantastic! Those babies are going to be very pretty.)

Edited by LascielsShadow

@fata: Why is everything you breed so pretty :'D Pastels everywhere yooo

I myself kind of need to clear my lair so I can start breeding my army of eyeburners.

I really should start making a theme with my breedings, but I have a limited number of dragons (and color likes for that matter) and I kinda like the random possibilities.

omg im crying so much thank you everyone <33

Fata!!! Those Imp babies are so cute and adorable!!! Ugh!! If I wasn't saving up for a lair expansion, I'd buy one and gobble it up right now! <3<3

omg whoa friend thank you!! <333 i don't mind holding it/lowering the price but i feel ; 77 ; i just expanded yesterday and now i am so poor

@Lady_Lunevis

Oh, those are some beautiful imps! Iri/Shim/Circ is such a weakness of mine. (The coatl pair is lovely, too-the bright colours are fantastic! Those babies are going to be very pretty.)

omg thank you ahh <333 same i love iri/shim/circ its like bl es s

ahh thank you omg <33 yes i'm super excited for their babies ; v ;

@fata: Why is everything you breed so pretty :'D Pastels everywhere yooo

o m g i cry thank you friend <33 pastel ice hell is my aesthetic

For Sale in the AH

user posted image

Ice/Ice/White Male

user posted image

Triple Ice Male

user posted image

Tomato/Beige/Black Female

user posted image

Red/Tomato/Storm Female

user posted image

Crimson/Brown/Coal Male

If any new players want to friend me I am Jedi > Ice clan.

Still available, taking any offer :3 (Will place in AH if there's no interest)

user posted image soil/crimson/tomato - Male

user posted image slate/ice/sand - Male

user posted image rust/maize/soil - Female

No, its eye color stays the same :3 Your clan can contain dragons from any (and all) of the flights if you so wish it to happy.gif

Oh good. I'd be turned-off if that weren't the case.

I joined :3 I'm called Sciencing over there.

So much to keep track of all at once >_<

Flight forums should have lots of answers to questions if you have any, and of course you can always come here and we can do our best to help! :)

I signed up for a mentor from my flight though they've not been online since happy.gif In the meantime I'm levelling up my starter dragons in Coli and poking at the games and transmuting random things tongue.gif