It was suggested here to have something fun on DC to commemorate Pi Day.

It ended up being posted in help, so it was locked. Therefore, here's a new thread for the suggestion to be considered.

I'd love this! Even just a silly little badge would be awesome.

I think it is far too late to come up with a full-fledged event, but it would be fun if TJ could come up with some sort of recognition of the day. smile.gif

I wouldn't want ANYTHING that slowed down regular (hahahahahaha xd.png) releases. We've not had one for FAR TOO LONG.

A badge would be cute, but other than that - no thanks.

A little slice of pie badge would be cute.

Please just give us new dragons! I..I really really REALLY NEED them!

Meh. Outside of the US it's not a special day at all (different way of writing the date and all), so I'm not jumping at the occasion, really. A release on the day would be alright (regular release, nothing special) but please, please, please no badge. I'm not a fan at all of one-day-only badges, especially if they're not for globally celebrated things. I'm still very annoyed at the 4th of july badge. I'd be less annoyed at it if it was available every year, but it isn't and this badge wouldn't be, either.

So regular release yes, anything else no.

Meh. Outside of the US it's not a special day at all (different way of writing the date and all), so I'm not jumping at the occasion, really. A release on the day would be alright (regular release, nothing special) but please, please, please no badge. I'm not a fan at all of one-day-only badges, especially if they're not for globally celebrated things. I'm still very annoyed at the 4th of july badge. I'd be less annoyed at it if it was available every year, but it isn't and this badge wouldn't be, either.

So regular release yes, anything else no.

This. It's not a special date here either, we use the format day/month/year.

It's not a special day where I live either, but I still find the idea of a badge or just a regular dragon release entertaining ^^

I wouldn't want anything that slows down a new release tho, as mentionen earlier in this post, we haven't had a regular release since october which is a looong time ago now sad.gif

A silly little badge I am fine with, they don't really change anything for anyone, or just give us a dragon release to celebrate the day happy.gif

Edited by Phenri

I think it is far too late to come up with a full-fledged event, but it would be fun if TJ could come up with some sort of recognition of the day. smile.gif

The Valentine '09 release was a spur of the moment release planned just 15 minutes before midnight cave time according to the Wiki, and from what I heard some Halloween dragons weren't picked until the week before; at the very least, you can still submit sprites a week before the event. So.... it's still 10 days until 3.14, I don't see why that'd be a problem.

And the fireworks badge doesn't have any mention or reference to 4th of July. There's tons of summer events held worldwide that involve fireworks. Summer has always been associated with fire since the dawn of mankind, and fireworks are a good representation of it.

And like I said in my misplaced forum topic, there doesn't have to be any sort of pi-related dragon whatsoever, we just need a dragon on that day!

Zaverxi, those are releases, not events. It is far too late for an event.

I also don't see any sort of 'event' or release on that specific day beneficial, its not a worldwide recognized thing. Many have already stated that their date formats means that pi day is kind of moot and the placement doesn't feel show right. I mean just a release in general would be great regardless of day and time so yeah.

A badge would be nice, just like a pie that fades in and out of the pi symbol. Just that is fine. I don't think we need to have a release on that specific day, it would be nice but its not necessary. A badge will suffice while we wait.

I must confess that I'm not seeing how come "Pi day" can be related to dragons and the Lore. First, because the date doesn't make sense in all cultures, second because how come the number pi is related to dragons in any level?

I think that if we have to have a badge or an event for any new day on DC it should be something more related to dragons and to the DC Lore, something more meaningful for the dragon community.

I must confess that I'm not seeing how come "Pi day" can be related to dragons and the Lore. First, because the date doesn't make sense in all cultures, second because how come the number pi is related to dragons in any level?

I think that if we have to have a badge or an event for any new day on DC it should be something more related to dragons and to the DC Lore, something more meaningful for the dragon community.

We're talking bout the game. The lore has nothing to do with this. Also Some of the things we do on the site don't pertain to lore (Such as stealing the eggs being non cannon to the lore) so lets not bring any of that into this conversation.

That being said, I can agree to the pi day not being a thing all cultures/areas share due to date styles so this whole thing is a bit moot for me.

I love this idea, even though here in Brazil we write the date like dd/mm/yyyy! I think a release would be too much, but a trophy is a good idea, and maybe a change on the leetle trees? IDK, they love changing sprites!

We're talking bout the game. The lore has nothing to do with this. Also Some of the things we do on the site don't pertain to lore (Such as stealing the eggs being non cannon to the lore) so lets not bring any of that into this conversation.

That being said, I can agree to the pi day not being a thing all cultures/areas share due to date styles so this whole thing is a bit moot for me.

Well, forgive me if I think that events or dates should be more meaningful to the dragon world and less random. Maybe we could have a badge or release for the Grammar Day or maybe Caffeine Awareness Day.

Well, forgive me if I think that events or dates should be more meaningful to the dragon world and less random. Maybe we could have a badge or release for the Grammar Day or maybe Caffeine Awareness Day.

Well, these days happen every year; Pi day does not.

Well, these days happen every year; Pi day does not.

Pi day is an annual celebration: from Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pi_Day

Pi Day is an annual celebration commemorating the mathematical constant π (pi). Pi Day is observed on March 14 (or 3/14 in the month/day date format), since 3, 1, and 4 are the first three significant digits of π in decimal form. In 2009, the United States House of Representatives supported the designation of Pi Day.[2]

Pi day is an annual celebration: from Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pi_Day

It may be - but this year IS special - if you write your dates American. For a lot of the world, we are looking at 14/3/15. which - doesn't work at all xd.png

It doesn't work outside the US, basically. (SOME Canadians write the date that way to deal with US businesses. but on the whole, it only works in the US and Belize, for some reason...)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_format_by_country

I would enjoy a one-day badge for fun (tbh, I'd prefer more random badges than just event badges), but I think those are honestly nicer when someone just PMs a badge to TJ in secret rather than talking about it in a public topic. xP

I'd love a Pi day badge! Especially since this year is 3/14/15! I'd agree with people who say no to a full event as I too would like to see new dragons as soon as TJ is able to release them and because he and the others who do events probably need a break. But A pie badge with a Pi in the middle=love!

Edit: Another reason I'd say no to a full event is because Pi day isn't really significant to the rest of the world as others have said. But come on guys, is that really a reason not to have a fun little badge just because?

Edited by Dewdropmon

Annual Pi day is like all those other random little holidays that happen randomly like pizza day, or national cheese day, and random crap like that. The only reason the US is freaking out is because of our date format and how it falls at 3/14/15 or 3.1415. Though I mean it would be a US thing to like over hype Pi and such.

Fuzz also made mention about how the date formats pretty much almost everywhere else makes it 14/3/15 which doesnt work any time of the year because its still 14/3/xx. So I don't think an event is fitting at all not I feel that a dragon release on that day is entirely necessary. If we get one we get one on a day TJ is able to do it.

On the topic of lore:

There will always be random traditions/celebrations that will not always pertain to the entire group of people or culture. Considerably, I also doubt DC era is so advanced that we have mathematical digits Pi so trying to incorporate this into the lore would be difficult. Also not everything that has to happen on the site has to be directly correlated to the lore. Though I will have to add in an apology in case I sounded rude. I was sleepy and I really dont like the lore argument when talking about the game.

Yay!

I would love a badge for Pi day, even though I am in Canada. I will be going to an event next Saturday.

biggrin.gif

I have to admit to personally not caring about adding more badges, but a regular Release is something I haven't encountered in a year, having been offline from last March until Halloween night, and for me, any excuse will do. poptartFINALTINY.gif

I don't even need whipped cream on my pi... unsure.gif

Would love a release and Pi day is as good a reason as any, so why not smile.gif

I'd rather have a release too. MUCH rather. But for celebration purposes:

user posted image