AroaraAngelwolf

Red riding hood 1x1

"I want to thank you. And I didn't let her, I'll stick it in ice water when I get home. Now,which way from here?" She looked around then back at him. "Perhaps one day you would let me draw you? I like to bake,but I paint and draw when I am not studying ... considering you keep deflecting all my questions I'll ask you a simple question. Do you need glasses to see or do you just like to have them? "

"I don't mind if you draw me," Vilkas replied, pointing a bit to the right to indicate which way they needed to go. At her last comment, he clicked his tongue once more and grinned. "Well, it's a bit of both, actually. While I don't have to wear glasses, they do help me see things better. It's just a bonus that I like to wear them too," he explained.

"We'll reach the river soon. Do you think you can find your way back home from there? Or do you still need me to guide you?" Vilkas inquired, smirking as he tilted his head. "Let's see... What day do you paint or draw on most?"

"I can find my way back from there. Sunday, I paint on Sunday. The only day I have peace. Meet in the woods, or,... my house is the one with the carving of a wolf in front. Don't mind the dog, Duke, he is all bark and no bite. " she waves goodbye and skiped off down the path to her home.

Early the next day she was up and about tending to the small garden she had.

[[i literally don't know what to do now. |D

Purhaps Vilkas is hunting when Duke gets free and bolts from the house to the forest?

Just an idea being tossed out.]]

(In all honesty I thought this rp wouldn't take off but it did, good idea, it would give me a reason to describe duke. He could chase a squirrel.. let's do your idea. I'll start out now..))

As Ruby worked, a large black Mastiff was tied to a post. The dog, Duke, saw a squirrel and bounds after it barking and yanking the wooden post out of the earth as the huge furry dog bounds after the panicked rodent. The dog came up to ruby's hip it was so big.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

[[Okay. I figure Ruby won't see Vilkas change from animal to human in this encounter but I thought it might catch her interest enough to get her trying to find the "strange wolf" each day or something. Gives her a beginning reason for constantly being in the woods now.

Again, just tossing out ideas. Up to you though on what her actions are.]]

Grass tickled his nose, amber eyes watching intently as the aroma of food filled his nostrils. A slender form covered in dark fur crept along the forest floor, canine paws stepping lightly. An unnaturally long, thin, tail slowly weaved behind the stalking creature.

Before the strange wolf grazed an elk, its head lifting every few moments to look and ears swiveling to listen. Finally, the creature's gaze fell upon him and both paused. The elk snorted, shifting its weight as it angled its body to face the Vilkas. Similarly, Vilkas stood to his full height on all fours, red markings stark against black fur.

The elk darted away, bouncing into a sprint between the trees. Perfect. Vilkas chased after it, easing into a faster speed as he waited for his prey to tire. He could hear it panting, ears perking at the sound of its frightened call. With a growl, Vilkas increased his speed and gradually closed the distance between them. Eventually, he was level with the elk's hindquarters and he snarled, lunging with snapping jaws at a rear leg.

The elk stumbled, giving Vilkas the proper opening to gain on it and make his kill.

In the distance, barking carried through the forest and soon reached his ears, causing him to pause. Dogs meant humans and humans, with dogs, typically meant hunters. He would have to hope it didn't come this way.

Edited by Narvix

((Good idea..She would like to draw it and observe it. ))

Ruby dashed after her dog as the large thing ran after the squirrel. The dog stopped, sniffed and trotted in the direction of the wolf. When it got to the scene of the dead elk and the odd wolf with a strange smell it tilted his head. Ruby, wearing a white blouse with dirt flecked on it and brown leather pants and boots jogged up breathing heavily then stopped, holding her breath as she saw the large beast. Her bandaged hand gripped the dog's caller slowly moving him back eyes never leaving the best.

Damn.

Hearing heavy paws and snuffling, Vilkas turned his head to look back. Sure enough, there was a mastiff and a human some ways back. Bright amber eyes met a lively green gaze. Now, if it were any normal stranger, he wouldn't have lingered. However, the human just had to be Ruby. Of all the people living in the village and owning dogs....

With a growl and snarl, Vilkas turned towards the girl fully and made as if he were attacking, rushing at her and her dog. Except, when he was within a few feet from her, he disintegrated into dirt and dust, disappearing into the forest floor.

He reappeared elsewhere, out of sight and sound from Ruby. Twigs crunched underfoot as he walked out of the forest, heading towards the village. "Damn. Can't eat now...."

[[Yes, he sort of was intending to frighten Ruby.]]

Edited by Narvix

Ruby was frozen for a moment looking at the spot the .... beast fell apart at barely breathing when a snap of a twig as some woodland critter made it's way across the leafy ground made her jump higher then her dog was tall and she waited no time in dragging the dog back to the house.

She clawed at her books, flipping pages looking for the creature but when she couldn't find, she snached up some loose parchment and charcoal and started sketching, getting black all over her hands and smudges on her cheeks and nose.

[[Do you just want to do small interactions on various days instead of trying to fish for post filler?

Like, for example, this current RP day ends and we skip to another (can be the following day, can be two days after, etc.) where an interaction occurs, either between Ruby and Vilkas in human shape or Ruby watching Vilkas in wolf shape. Then, after that interaction, we skip over to another one and repeat?]]

((Perfect idea! After this day a Friday, she goes on Thursdays to grandma's, we can skip to Sunday afternoon where she draws him, after that two days later she's trying to find the wolf again. You'll know when the second plot starts, I just want their relationship to grow before I start it.[i wish I had that idea before so my reps never went dull]))

Ruby kept up her sketching late into the night and fell in a exhausted sleep amongst papers with drawings of the wolf creature.

[[i'm going to assume a new day then.]]

It was early enough for Vilkas to decide where he would meet with Ruby. It was Sunday and he had essentially promised to let her draw him. Well, better let her do so at her home, right? Would make it easier for her so she didn't have to carry around... whatever supplies she needed.

Midmorning saw the village awake and somewhat busy as carts were pushed or horse-drawn along the cobblestone and dirt roads. The ringing chatter of business and random conversations filled his ears with the creaking of wooden wheels or clopping hooves.

Weaving through the village, he mostly ignored those around him as they ignored him, finding his way to the little house with a wolf carving in front. Lightly, he rapped his knuckles on the door and called, "Ruby? You home?"

Ruby's home was away from the noise, or at least it was dulled around her home. From inside there was a thunk, then a crash and a yelp. "One second.... darn thing, ..." after a moment she opened the door. She looked frazzled, a wild look in her eyes, a black smudge on her nose and dark circles under her eyes. Her hair was tied with a red ribbon in a messy pony tail, and she had on a paint spattered red apron around her dark green cloth pants, and a old blouse that looked like it was yellow at one point but had color stains on it it was hard to tell.

"Vilkas! You came, come in, please excuse the mess.... " She stepped aside and let him in. The door lead in to the living room, where four bookshelves filled with books stood on both sides of the fire place. Some looked like they where removed and placed on both of the small tables by the rocking chair and a soft green velvet chair by the fire. The desk in the far corner was scattered with open books and charcoal and paper. From the living room it opened up to the dinning area, where a spot at the small round table was cleared, and more books lay open on top of one another. There was a curtain leading to another room, and the stairs on the side where the desk is looked like it lead up to a type of loft, closed off with a vermilion colored curtain. "I made cookies... if you would like one... the milk cart came by this morning... so it is fresh... "

Chuckling, Vilkas stepped inside, his gaze roaming about the interior as he examined her home. "It's cozy in here," he observed, unbothered by the mess. Glancing at the strewn paperwork, he caught glimpses of various drawings and sketches, some incomplete or rough while others appeared more refined. At the offer of cookies, the male nodded and strode to where he spotted the dish, plucking one of the sweet treats off and biting into it. "Thank you. These are quite good. What'd you make them with?" he asked, almost speaking around a full mouth.

Finding an unoccupied seat he could make use of, he sat upon the worn cushion and examined the place once more. "You weren't kidding about studying a lot, huh? What particular subjects do you like most?" he inquired, spying an open book and peering at its contents. Something about Psychology and growth.

"Chocolate chips, macadamia nuts, vanilla and a family secret." She attempted to tidy the desk and put away some books, but most of them where out. "Anything and everything. Physics, astronomy, body functions, medicine, geology, ancient religion and beliefs. .... oh.... I thought you said what do I study. My favorite ones are .... astronomy.... and herbalism... knowing what to use in my cooking helps... medicine, I'm kind of.. accident prone...I like observing animals the most... " She yawned covering her mouth. "Sorry, I didn't sleep well the last two nights. Strange dreams or.. nightmares, I don't know what to call them.." the only chair nor covered by books was the rocking chair, and that was well worn, and it was her chair, but she purched on the arm of the velvet chair rubbing her eyes.

"I would be drawing you in my painting room.." She pointed to the certain that was heavy and black. "There is more light in there and cleaner." She yawned again.

Okay, he could taste everything she listed. Nodding slightly in approval, he finished eating the rest of the cookie as she answered his question. "Pretty big study habit," he remarked, getting to his feet as she indicated where they would be. "Not sleeping well kind of sucks. Hopefully you'll have better nights soon."

Pausing a moment, he waited to see if she would take the lead. After all, he didn't want to enter the room if she wasn't up and ready to draw. "If you're too tired, I can always come back on another day," he said, voice soft as his amber gaze examined her weary state.

"Oh no.. I've been drawing for a while.. it won't take me long." She got up, stumbled and headed to the room pulling aside the curtain. Inside two large windows on two opposite walls faced the forest and backyard garden.

The room would be considered a master bedroom, it was large enough to hold a big bed, but it had a small cot in the corner with her scarlet cloak on it. The room was indeed clean. The only mess was at the small writing desk in a corner by one of the windows, charcoal and pencils cover the surface, and the wall to the right was covered with drawings of rabbits and her dog, a deer added in, drawings of the wolf was all over the desk and three or four on the floor that looked well done but hastily drawn.

The largest parts of the two blank walls by the door way was covered with paintings of the garden, or a bundle of flowers. Some of the forest, most where of animals. One was a beautiful painting of a gray wolf crouched low, Amber golden eyes looked like they were on the person looking at the painting. Most of its body was in shadows of the grass, it was crouched low.

Three Easels with half done paintings where in random spots about the room. A backless bench by the window that was facing the forest, and a three legged stool, tipped over like she tripped on it where the only places to sit in the room. "Sit on the bench, make yourself comfortable." She gathered a clean piece of paper, a wooden square to set her paper on and a box of pencils, righting the stool and preaching on it with her feet on a rung and the board on her lap facing the bench.

"Well, if you're certain...," Vilkas said slowly, following her stumbling form into the room. Stepping past the curtain and letting it fall back into place behind him, he examined the brighter (and definitely cleaner) room. The assortment of paintings and drawings certainly gave a life to the place and a bit of color against the walls. However, his eyes fell upon the hastily scribbled images of a particularly strange wolf. Similarly, on the wall, he met the painted gaze of a grey wolf with amber eyes.

Mentally, he frowned and tsk'd at the girl's apparent stupidity. At least, it was stupidity to him. Normally, the first thing a person did after having a wolf lunge at them was to go screaming and crying to the authorities. Not scribble partial drawings.

"Sit on the bench, make yourself comfortable."

Blinking, he glanced at where Ruby pointed and moved to take a seat as directed, uncertain. "Do you want me to take a certain position or should I do... whatever, basically?" he asked, leaning forward a bit as he braced his hands against the edge of the bench.

Ruby was focused on getting her pencils in order. "I'd prefer if you lay down, but it's up to you. Make sure you can sit like that for a while, it will take me a bit..not long, just about a half hour to an hour...and take off your glasses, the glare is always tricky to catch. And um.... " She shifted in the chair. "If you don't look right at me. It would be helpful too.. I didn't... like people watching me draw.."

Nodding, Vilkas removed his glasses and gently set them on the ground. Leaning back, he shifted and rearranged his position until he was laying on the bench. With his left arm draping over the side, he rested his right hand on his midriff, both knees bent (but the right more so than the left) with his feet against the top of the bench. As requested, Vilkas didn't look at Ruby. Instead, he focused his gaze upward, blinking slowly as he debated on just leaving them closed.

There was a long moment of silence, then a scrit scrich of pencil on paper was the only sound other then breathing in the room. Ruby was focused on the work, glancing up every once in a while to study him, then back to drawing again. The clock on the mental chimed eleven, but she still was drawing, but at this point she was shading the image. At eleven thirty, she signed the paper with a backwards R and a M starting off of the line of the R (MR connected and backwards). "Finished, would you say for lunch? And would you mind if I could keep this for painting later?"

The drawing somehow managed to make him look peaceful, relaxed and at eased, yet the eyes where glazed over, like they where lost in thought. The shading caught every detail, from the folds of his clothes to the rips in the shoulder, even made his shoes look worn. She really was good at this.

Ruby herself had smudges on her hands and fingers, and on her cheeks, one across her forehead like she rubbed there with her hand. Speaking of hands, her drawing hand, her right hand, looked better today. Less swollen and the cuts healed, although still a sickly yellow green against her fair skin.

As Ruby drew, the sound of pencil scribbling along paper created a sort of white-noise atmosphere, causing Vilkas' body to relax further. Drowsiness had begun to creep upon him, stroking his temples and tickling his eyelids, trying to coax them shut. However, Ruby's voice and statement of being done aroused him back to complete consciousness.

Blinking quickly, he briefly rubbed at his eyes before rolling over and picking up his glasses, setting them back on his nose. "Why ask me? It's your drawing," he replied, chuckling. "I wouldn't mind something to eat." Sitting up, he stretched out his limbs before combing his fingers through his hair. "How's your hand doing?" he asked her, standing and moving to leave the room. As he did so, he raked his gaze across her drawing, noting the amount of detail she captured.

Edited by Narvix

"It doesn't hurt as much.." She put the drawing down and moved to the kitchen attached to the dinning room hidden from view by a swinging door, she washed her hands and changed aprons before starting to make cold cut sandwiches on garlic bread she baked this morning. There was enough room for three people to move about, and it was practically spotless except for where she was, with meat packages around the bread loaf and crumbs. She cut the loaf in half setting a part on two plates and handing him one, cleaning up and moved to the dinning area, where she moved some more books for him to sit down. "Milk or water? I can always make tea too... how have you been?"

[[it's okay xd.png I'm not going to forget it in a day. Just been busy with school and personal relations. I've a heavy school day tomorrow (I have classes from 7:30 am to 5:30 pm x.x). I'll post again when I can but I need sleep now.]]