Millennium07

777: Seven Gates, Seven Vices, Seven Loves - OOC

Hoooooh! That's gonna play out interestingly!

For some reason, I really want David and Verick to be those two guys who fight and hate on each other all the time but only because they respect each other and later become best bros.

I don't really know why xd.png

But in that case... This is gonna be baaaaaad.

The academy would try therapy at first, to see if they can fix it, and if they can't... They'd probably just give up and let them flaunt their happiness and alternate classes like you said xd.png

Actually as of now we only have three partners xd.png

Antonio, David, and Blake are all acceptable partners for Sasha though :3

And yes, romance is a major focus.

Because I am a hopeless romantic.

Doh hoh hoh.

And about Vice Breakers... Outside of battle, they don't exist. They exist as 'blessings' given to the Saints. Well... You COULD have a passive one, like rings, out all the time... But it would be a MASSIVE drain on you...

Vice Breakers and Vice Reflectors are summoned forth from the mark on their hands. Think anime-as-hell transformation sequence.

Edited by Millennium07

I would prefer David, and where is Blake? Don't see him on the char. list. I will look at Antonio. How ever, it says he is "Demisexual" which means what?

Also, it only says that Esko and Aspen are partners. I know of Verick and Rosaline. What about the

third? please update if you need to, thanks!

Uuuuuu sorry! I forgot to update.

It's Thel and Chuan Li :3

Demisexual is... It's when you are attracted to PERSONALITY, not person. Think of it as somewhere between bisexual and asexual. It's kinda like single-target sexuality actually, and tends to be, TENDS TO BE, indiscriminate of gender.

I'll add Blake now too XP

I'm going to make a third, female, character cause it seems there are a lot of males lol.

And, here is an explanation about demisexuality. Mill is pretty close with his definition, Esko.

Also, I have Vice Reflector designs! Well, at least a rough of Antonio's. Thel's is still being worked on:

Antonio’s Vice Reflector portrays the struggles he endured while growing up. His armor is sparse but heavy. Large, rounded, pauldron cover both shoulders and his upper torso is covered by a thick breastplate. Gauntlets cover his hands and forearms while thick boots cover his feet up to his knees. Both the gauntlets and the boots have a pointed end that covers the respective joint. For the gauntlets, these extended points aim outwards while, for the boots, they extend upwards.

Between the metallic pieces, Antonio’s body is covered in loose cloth. On his head rests part of a helm with a chain link skirt the surrounds the back and sides of his neck. The helm itself only covers the top of his head with a beak-like protrusion extending out over his face. From the front view, it conceals his forehead entirely and the beak conceals the bridge of his nose. Similarly, two curved points extend briefly to follow his cheekbones.

The coloring of his Reflector consists of shades of brown and green. The armor itself is covered in Aztec symbols, much like Earth Shaker’s head, which respectfully stand for burden, carry, dependency, and similar meanings.

So we are just waiting for another pair, or are we good to go? I am so excited! xd.png I can't wait to play the twins!

Well, Alis doesn't have a partner yet but I'd be fine starting her off without a partner if no one is available or doesn't think it would be a good match.

EDIT[[ Given that Antonio is demisexual and basically all the open guys left are heterosexual, Antonio is gonna end up paired with either Alis or Sasha. ]]

Name: Latoya Bennings

User: Narvix

Sexuality: Pansexual

Elemental Affiliation: Wind

Vice Breaker: Cyclone Whispers, twin fans with bladed edges. The fans have a simple design with colors to depict the flow of a breeze.

Ethnicity: African American

Mark Colour: Orange

Romance with Partner: Yes

Appearance: With dark chocolate colored skin, Latoya has a lithe build. She stands at about 5'5" with black hair and dark brown eyes. Her hair is shoulder length and often sports one or two thin braids among the free-draping strands. There is a bit of a wave to her hair but nothing that gets too out of hand. Her shoulders are narrow and her face is slightly triangular, giving her a delicate appearance. Full lips, high cheekbones, and a slender neck add to her physical attractiveness. However, she isn't the most endowed female around. Her rear is smaller than those who boast about big butts and her chest is only a couple cup sizes above being flat.

For clothing, she likes wearing long pants and v-neck shirts or tank tops. Her favorite footwear is a pair of ankle-high sneakers and she will, once in awhile, sport a favorite coat.

History: Latoya was born in the West, growing up in an upper, working-class, family and home. School was decent but she had her sights set on bigger things, often wanting as much free time as she could get away with. For one thing, she dreamed of becoming the president but, as she got older, she tossed aside that idea and got a nice taste of cooking. Food rang nicely to her, and not just because it kept her energy up. Now, she wants to own a restaurant, to create her own top menu and knock out the competition. It'll take some work and some years of learning but, she's got her heart set on it.

Personality: She's fun and loving but certainly enthusiastic about specific topics, especially food. She can have a loud voice but mostly due to her expressive nature. Latoya enjoys company and enjoys working with others but, she prefers to take the leading role and call the shots. Of course, that doesn't mean she'll block any chances of other opinions and ideas from someone else. She grows close to her friends and makes it clear that she hates her enemies.

Other: Right-handed.

EDI2: Thel's (rough) Vice Reflector. Again, just an idea and not yet the final concept.

Thel’s Reflector portrays his connection to his tribal roots. Entirely made of cloth in various shades of blue, Thel’s attire is similar to the breechcloths, leggings, and moccasins of many tribes. However, a sleeveless tunic with a fringed bottom covers his torso so as not to be so exposed. On the breechcloth and moccasins, patterned threads of red and yellow add to the otherwise plain cloth. Feathers, in bunches of two or three, adorn his clothing. A trio of feathers from an Eagle are attached to his tunic at the right shoulder, a pair of hawk feathers hang from his left hip, and a trio of crane feathers adorn his hair behind his left ear.

Around his wrists are various accessories consisting of bead and leather bracelets. One bracelet on his right wrist is a single cord with two small pigeon feathers hanging from it. More patterning of red and yellow thread race around the edges of his tunic, adding a bit more color than just the blue of his clothing.

Edited by Narvix

Well. If, and this is a big if, pudding is willing, I guess Blake can be paired up with Alis? Light and Darkness? Mixes up things quite a lot, really.

Edited by KuroKishi

(( user posted image

I WANT TO ROLEPLAY AS VERICK AND ROSE ALREADY. It's killing me internally. ))

Edited by Thaelasan

(( I already knew that, but it doesn't matter. It's accepted as the new, politically-correct way to refer to a white person. (shrugs) ))

Accepted~

More quick sketches:

David shirtless, playing the violin. (Presumably having been walked in on by his partner. You can see some more of his bandaging there. And his mark.)

David, on his bike, riding throughout town. Yes, he's a biker.

Which brings me to two odd facts about David. Number one: he has a habit of holding his face. You can see it in the mugshot I posted on page one, and the sheet on page two. And two: He has really long eyelashes. Like, seriously.

I'll happily draw the other characters too if you like :3

Edited by Millennium07

Awesome smile.gif

Anyways, there are now 12 people for six pairs. The last three might end up being:

Blake and Alis (Darkness x Light)

Antonio and Sasha (Earth x Water)

David and Latoya (Fire x Wind)

Based on the possibility of the first two pairing up.

EDIT: However, I don't know how I feel about that o3o

Let's debate! I'm taking bids for Antonio and Latoya!

Edited by Narvix

You can't possibly understand.

Ashes, and cinders. That's what flew around him now, forever. No matter how much he wished to quell the raging, boiling flame within him, it constantly churned and twisted.

You give me statistics. You give me words. You give me hundreds of examples.

He sat upon the bed, shaking furiously as his heat levels began to rise. The fabric beneath him singed quietly as he rested there, the cloth turning upward and brimming with smoke.

But no matter what you say... she is the best for me... and you won't take her from me.

The bed ignited, sending flames coursing throughout the room. They ran along the walls, causing black to rise from the depths of the material. As he sat there, burning the entire room to nothing with his presence, he could do nothing but stare at his hands, shaking harder now.

Don't put me in here alone.

The ring reflected on his finger. He rubbed it, hoping for some of her energy to go to him. Could she feel him now, he wondered? He could sense her, see her. But they were holding her back.

Don't place me by myself.

He stood to his full height, his hands hanging loosely by his sides. They had taken his weapons in order to ensure that he couldn't be free. They had taken her from him so that he could do nothing but obey. He worried for her, feared for her. All he could feel was a steady, throbbing pain in his arm that kept getting worse as he stood there. It had to be her. Were they hurting her?

If you put me in there alone, I will burn you all.

The walls were falling apart now. The light fixture had melted, exploding as it hit the ground in shards of liquid glass. The bed was nothing but charred wood and cloth. He turned to the door that had once been locked. The metal behind the walls was now red-hot.

If you take what is precious to me, I will take everything from you until she is mine again.

He stepped towards the door, fury rising within him. The throbbing pain was worse now as he placed his hand upon the doorknob, the heat of the metal unbearable to those who weren't tested. But he had no time to stop because of pain. He turned it and the door exploded backward, the air pressure making the room reel backward like a bomb had gone off.

Your tests are nothing more than placing me in a prison. I will crush you. I will let the flames consume you. The beautiful flames. The protective flames. They are all for her.

"My dearest... dearest Rosaline...." he whispered as he walked down the hall, the flames increasing as he headed down. A few of the men who had grabbed him before could do nothing but watch as he continued his mad walk towards his known goal.

No one protects her better than I do. No one loves her more than I do. She is mine. And I am hers.

That is the only truth I need to know.

---

"Subject one has already escaped. He's reached his limit... How fascinating.."

"What about the second one? The girl?"

"She has continuously been slamming herself against the door. Because of the insulation we had placed, her ice and cold can't affect it. But that boy..."

"Didn't we make the room specifically for him?"

"We did... That metal's melting point should have been unreachable in his state. I thought he needed her for power. That's what the original theory was.. but..."

"Doctor? What should we do now?"

"Call the Saint's Academy. They're definitely special... But continue testing. Let's see how this all works out. Tell the men to stand down. There's no use letting them get hurt for this."

"Yes, sir."

---

As the man entered the end of the hallway, he felt his rage burn brightly. Every step left a black footprint where the floor melted in his wake. Those who approached him broke out into a sweat, moving backward to avoid him. A few even bowed apologetically.

I should burn you. I should burn you for what you've done...

He cast gazes at them as he passed, his rage beginning to increase as he looked upon them. These bureaucrats with their suits and authority.

But she wouldn't want me to do that. She wouldn't be pleased with me. Rosaline... Rosaline...

He continued down the length of the hallway, where he heard loud noises coming from the inside of a room. Immediately, his rage began to subside as he grabbed the door, knowing exactly who was within. The cries of a young girl echoed from inside, barely audible.

"ROSALINE!" he yelled, frightened. He grabbed the door handle. It was locked.

Locks.... Locks... You would think to keep me from her in such a fashion? I should have burned the entire building down that day...

He grabbed the door fiercely, burning it with every fiber of his being. As the ashes fell to the ground, a young, crying girl of his age ran to him, embracing him tightly.

"Did they hurt you? I felt pain..." the man whispered, holding her close.

"I kept slamming against the door as hard as I could... I couldn't get out... They told me they had released you.. I couldn't believe it.. You wouldn't leave without me... And the ring told me.."

"They lied to you..." the man began to heat up again. "They lied to you and tried to make me look as though I would ever leave you. They lied to you... They lied to my Rosaline..."

"Verick."

He turned, looking at her with a face of melancholy.

"Let's just do what they say. As long as we're together, it doesn't matter right?"

"But they tried to separate us..."

She interrupted him with a kiss, smiling.

"They won't do it again, will they? Not after that display you did..." she placed her head upon his chest. "Not again."

"I won't let them do it again." he said, turning to leave...

----

"And that's how you wound up here, eh?" the old man asked, leaning slightly on a cushion to steady himself. He looked to be in about his forties or fifties. Verick really didn't care about his age.

"Yes." Rosaline piped up next to him, answering for him. She turned to him, pleased. "He came and he saved me, like he always does."

"You do realize that all you had to do in that government test of Saints was simply sit in a room for five hours alone?" the therapist rubbed his face, sighing. "Most of the other candidates had passed quite easily. But here we sit in order to figure out just what is making you both so special from them."

"Verick is my hero." Rosaline cocked her head, smiling knowingly, eyes closed.

"Rosaline is my princess." Verick responded. He was leaning over, slightly bored as well. It had already been an hour, and they had answered similar questions to those that had been presented from the past three therapists, all of which couldn't figure out what was going on with their powers.

It wasn't a surprise. Though, mentally, Verick and Rose were of decent health, their powers showed the extent of their emotions. One worry of the governmental officials after their breakout was that they would end up destroying valuable property. Verick wasn't the first Fire saint to go on a rampage, but he definitely had done more damage than most, even before the whole testing fiasco.

"I suppose there is a reason for your codenames.." the therapist sat back up to his full height, popping his bones. "So, let's try this one more time, and then I'll be finished asking you. As before, you may refuse to answer any of these questions, you may answer them slightly, or you may take as long as you please answering them. There is no obligation. However, this time we shall be doing a cross-examination, of sorts. If I ask a question of Verick, I want for you, Rose, to respond to it. Can you both do that?"

Rose nodded happily while Verick gave a slight wave of his hand.

"Alright then, Verick, for what purpose do you believe it is your responsibility to protect Rose?"

"Because he loves me dearly and has always taken care of me from a very young age, back when my illness was worse than it is now." Rose responded, patting his hand. "Back when people tried to bully me because of my looks or how I acted."

"Interesting. Verick, is she right?"

Verick nodded, giving her a sly grin.

"Alright then, Rose, why do you believe that only Verick can be your guardian? Have you ever tried to find someone else? Someone older? Don't you have any parents? Someone, perhaps... safer to be around?"

Verick's eyes were filled with fury as he sat to his full height.

"No one else can protect her as well as I can. No one loves her as much as I do. She has always been with me, and no one else. When the teachers did nothing, I did it for them. When the hospitals wouldn't help her, I would sit by her bedside and hold her hand more than any parent did. And when her parents were away, I would be there for her, even though I was so young. She stays with me because I stayed with her, and NO ONE ELSE."

The therapist stared at him with a bit of fear and apprehension as he straightened himself in his seat, blinking.

"Er... yes... um.... Verick. What sort of problems do you have at home? At school? What sort of demeanor do you have?"

Rose held up her hand, hopeful.

"Verick's always been a bit of a problem child, since he's so energetic and determined. He did get in trouble a lot at school. I always chided him." she said, frowning slightly. "But he has the best interests of me at heart, and he does like to help people. He's a good person. His parents always supported him. His dad was part of the local police forces and taught Verick how to fire a gun!"

"At his age!?" the therapist scoffed, concerned. "With rubber bullets, I hope, at least!?"

"Oh I don't know about that. Sorry." Rose shrugged, gathering her dress a bit.

"Verick, did you?! Gah.. don't worry about it now, I suppose." the therapist said as he adjusted his glasses. "What about your family, Rose? Any problems? Any changes as you aged? Anything important?"

"Her parents always tried to find out the cause of her illness but they couldn't find anything concrete. As such, they started to ignore her and pay more attention to her eldest sister, Violet. As such, she'd sit in her room, bored, and unable to do anything without her parent's permission, as she lived her days away, tired and alone. So, I wanted to show her the world. I opened her window one day when I was six, and I let her out, and we went and played together. Then I snuck her back in her room before her parents showed up. So that's how it went for years.

In school, she was constantly tired and needed to be checked by the nurse every so often. If she passed out in class, I took her there myself, and stayed until she got better. I'd take notes for her so she could sleep, and I'd help her with her studying. She wasn't ignorant by any means. She's intelligent. Her parents didn't like me though. Said I was too crazy - too rowdy. Hell, I had some of the best grades in class because of all the double-studying I did for Rose. But apparently that doesn't matter when you wear 'unsuitable' clothing."

"You did look good in it though." Rose commented, giggling.

"Er, yes... Well. Though it shows some slight signs of loneliness and self-awareness, as well as other signs... I'm not seeing anything here that would make you so protective of each other. Love is one thing, but these actions...." the therapist looked through a clipboard, rubbing his chin. "I have no idea what to make of it. It can't just be young love."

"It's called soulmates." Rose held up a finger.

"You can't be sure of that. You're far too young for such things. How could you even understand how you feel?" the therapist rubbed his forehead, exasperated. "At an older age, perhaps, and with more signs of abuse in the past... This level of dependence is absolutely outrageous..."

"Are you saying that love can only be true and devoted if I got beaten up as a kid?" Verick asked, smirking. "Oh I've been beaten up for her before. A lot of kids were jealous of me being with her. Even at a young age."

"They were complete jerks." Rose crossed her arms. "I always had to bandage him up and kiss his wounds to make them feel better."

"Hahaha.." Verick said, embarrassed. "That's... that's true..."

"And you always overexert yourself and make me worry." Rose stuck her nose in the air, huffing. "Every day. You always get out of hand."

"Hey.. I'm sorry." Verick apologized.

"I forgive you, then. For now." she said, smiling again. "But you better start being more concerned yourself too. After all, if we're going to go to this school together.."

"Well, uh.. there is... um... a problem."

The two of them looked at the therapist, frowning.

"You see, the... uh.. bonding process... is.. very complicated.. a lot of randomization occurs... it's not unheard of for couples previously bound to be... separated..."

At once, a large, spear of ice and a blade forged of flame were at the man's face, threatening to impale him into the chair.

"Make no mistake, Mr. Bureaucrat..." the two of them said, frowning. "If we were to be, by the slightest chance separated..."

"We would ensure the burning..." Verick whispered.

"And the chilling..." Rose added.

"Of everyone at that damn Academy." they both said at once, their free hands clasped together.

"So, could you ensure that they understand our position, and theirs? If we are forced to go there, then we'd rather not go alone."

"Oh! Yes! Of course!" the man said, shaking all over, his face broken into a cold sweat. "Mr. Fenson! Please! Come and inform them before this gets out of hand!"

The door opened softly with a click. Rose and Verick turned, both disinterested.

"Another bureaucrat?" Verick asked of Rose, concerned.

"I'm not sure. Perhaps an enemy?" Rose smiled.

"I'm a bureaucrat, but I'm on your side, in this situation. Please, lower your weapons." the man asked, walking to the therapist's side and placing a hand on his shoulder.

The man wore a pair of sunglasses but his eyes were still slightly visible. A black suit covered a lean form, complete with a folder at his side.

"Normally my wife would handle these issues, but you two are a... special case. One we hadn't seen before. As such, most of this therapy was another form of testing.." Mr. Fenson said, pulling out a few papers.

At the word "testing", the two immediately narrowed their eyes.

"Ah, but this time, without any sort of division between you two. We've learned quickly, but this was the final test. Seeing your ring in action... and how your powers are so... complimentary. It's quite fascinating really. I was also there to see your first test, as well. You truly do seem devoted to each other. It would be a shame to see such love split apart, wouldn't you agree?"

"What are you trying to get at?" Verick asked, concerned.

"One reason we tried to get you to understand that you wouldn't be put in danger if you were alone was because of the elemental testing facilities. But the one in charge has given you both a special benefit, should you choose to sign up for it. We're not sure how well it will do.."

"Hmm?" Rose laid her head on the desk. Verick soon joined her, staring at the paper.

"This, is what you need to sign. Consider it your key to your existence together for the good of the world. No more unnecessary testing procedures. No more teachers who don't understand what's best. And certainly no more parents, that's another important detail."

"That may be good enough to entice most children, but we're quite fine the way we are." Verick turned to Rose, laying a hand around her.

"I see." the man adjusted his sunglasses, sighing. "Then I suppose we'll have to turn you over to the authorities after all."

"What." Verick said, slightly annoyed. Rose seemed perturbed as well, holding him tighter.

"Well, after the damage you did to a government owned building, the facilities you've used without permission... And there are a few things we can tack on to save our own hides, of course. I mean, if you're this dangerous, then we certainly can't let the two of you walk freely."

"You..." Verick began to grow in frustration as he stared at the man before him, furious.

"Oh yes, and there aren't any co-ed prison institutions for juveniles OR adults. Yes, you'd probably be separated for a good two years for what you've done, unless your parents can pay bail.. But you haven't told your parents about your powers, have you?"

"They don't need to know." Verick frowned.

"Not even your beloved father, Jared Richardson, Verick? The one who gave you that gun? How sad would he be to hear that his son - instead of going to a good school - caused property damage?"

"That's not nice." Rose said, her face now showing signs of anger as well.

"Oh, and attempted assault on this official here. Let's add that as well. As it is, I'm fairly certain your choices are quite limited."

"What kind of man are you?" Verick asked, grabbing the table angrily. The heat in the room was rising.

"One with the best interests of the countries, at heart. Yes, not just one, but many. However, it's really your choice. You're not getting a bad deal. We'll tell your parents you're going to a private school. Give them a good lump of money. Or we can tell them you're Saints as well. That's prestigious. You'll gain benefits as a pre-existing pair, and we consider your relationship sacred. You'll get a room for the two of you to share. We'll even set up your schedules so that you two both go to the same classes. The only one issue we had was the training class, and that's where this contract comes in."

He handed them a pen, smiling pleasantly.

"By signing this, you agree to participate in a special program created just for you, after what we've seen. Rather than training alone with others of water or fire, we're going to bring out that cooperation of yours through two extra hours in both classes. That's the only problem. Rather than the standard 10 hour minimum, you'll get 12. That means 12 on weekdays, not weekends. Does this not sound exciting? And, ... Mr. Hero.."

He turned to Verick, pleased.

"You and your princess here will get to fight demons for the good of the world. And we'll even tell you why your dear beloved is sick in the first place."

"....What?" Verick said, completely confused.

"Well, perhaps we'll wait a bit until you're ready.. but rest assured, there is a way to cure Rose of her illness - if you could call it that. But it's all up to you both signing this. Once you do, we can begin the procedures and get you enrolled."

"....You will help me cure Rose?" Verick asked, reading the contract over thoroughly.

"It's fine, Verick. There are no loopholes. I already read it." Rose said, shrugging. "But you don't have to sign it just for me."

Verick stared at her a moment, then looked at the contract. Both the therapist and the man were staring at them now, intrigued. If Rose said it was safe, Verick would trust his life to it. And if it meant he could have a chance to cure his beloved Rosaline...

"No. I'll sign it for us." Verick said, turning back to it. "We both will. As we always have. After all, I'm not doing this alone. You'll come with me, as always, right?"

"Yes!" Rose agreed, placing a hand on his. They traced both of their names out, signing. Mr. Fenson watched with a slight smile as they did, interested.

"Yes, I think we've been looking for a pair like you for a while. Though keep in mind, the training is not easy, but you won't be separated. Why, one important part of this Academy you're going to is relationships and bonding. It'd be a shame to see such powerful love go to waste."

"Sir."

"Hmm?..." Mr. Fenson turned. Verick was still standing there, scratching the back of his head.

"I'll call our families myself, if it's not too much trouble. And the money would be nice.. And.."

He looked at Rose, sighing. She gave him a stern look, pointing at Mr. Fenson.

"I'm sorry for causing a problem with the testing facility."

"Ah, it's no trouble at all. After all, we do crazy things for love, don't we? I know this... very well." he replied, turning back to the door. "Oh, and we need to get you sized for your new uniforms."

"Uniforms? Do you have dress types?"

"With thigh highs...?" Verick wagered, grinning. Rose gave him a small look, but then shrugged.

"Fine, if you want me to wear them." she said, pretending to be annoyed.

"Yes!" Verick grinned.

"Why yes. We have many styles of uniform. After all, this IS a different sort of school you're going to, after all. Not your average, public establishment. It's made for prestigious, gifted children like you."

"With powers." Rose replied.

"Yes, with powers. The car is waiting out front."

"Oh goody! Let's get in a car with a stranger!" Verick stated. "This can't possibly go wrong."

"Well, you're right. At your age, this would be slightly odd... But then again, you're not most children." Mr. Fenson said. "If you were, you wouldn't even have this opportunity. By the way, orientation starts tomorrow, so once we get you fitted and to your rooms, I'd like to ask that you try to get an early rest so that you don't miss it. After all, you need to state your bond one final time. That's the last catch of the contract."

"I read that." Rose said. "I'll get him up in time."

"Hey. You're the one that oversleeps." Verick said.

"No. Never. Never ever. Don't know what you're talking about, dearest." Rose responded.

Together, the pair followed Mr. Fenson out to the parking lot of the federal building where they had been tested. As he helped Rose get into the car, Verick turned to look back at the building.

Would where they were going be another sort of prison?

Or maybe a new type of freedom?

----

Let flames engulf the world.

Let them burn. Let them rage.

Let the great fires, smoke unfurled,

take away the earthen cage.

Let the wind blow the fire,

urge it on, press it then.

Let it entice it even higher.

Let it blow, again and again.

Let the earth then strike back,

let it muster, let it grow.

Let it succeed in its attack.

Let the fruits of its labors show.

Let the shadow cover burns,

and let the black be hidden all.

Let the earth begin to turn.

As the darkness hears the call.

Then let the light shine down,

upon the broken face,

of the world, all around,

and bring back a brighter place.

Let the seas rise and swell,

as the world ends its strife,

let the flames bring the hell,

and let water bring it back to life.

(( SORRY ABOUT THE EARLY POST I COULDN'T HOLD IT ANYMORE. ))

Edited by Thaelasan

Not to mention, Sammy (that's littlelizzie) should be joining us as well. I'll make a second character if we need one :3

So that'll result in seven teams... So given the seven theme, that works quite well. ^-^

Edited by Millennium07

So Sasha will be paired up with Antonio? I can bend with David or Antonio, whichever one needs and wants Sasha more.

Edit: I still lean a bit more towards David, though.

Edited by Esko_the_Wolf

I'm not sure how Alis and Blake would work together. It seems odd to pair up the two rares, especially since I imagine Blake and her would be useless together since she'd keep lighting up obnoxiously and getting rid of shadows he was trying to jump into.

*raises hand in confusion*

Can we back up a second, Mill and Thael? I thought the kids didn't get their elements until after starting to train. Before then, their abilities would just be basic attacks of energy that grow with training and then manifest into a specific element.

That's what is described in the first post....

*ducks away*

@Shipping: David... Wow, give me a minute...

A soft touch would probably work well on him. Someone who is gentle and patient with his frequent bouts brooding, yet firm and stern on trying to get him to learn his limits and stop overextending himself.

As for how he would treat his partner... Awkwardly. He suffers from severe memory loss... And he knows, from the way the academy handles partnerships, that he'll have met his partner at least once. Which means he'll be apologetic for not remembering her, and very curious as to if she knows anything about his past. But as they grow closer and he loosens up, he'll be very loyal and protective, but mindful of not stepping on her independence. He'll also be supportive and compassionate... If a little teasing.

If you were to ask what he'd be physically attracted to...? I don't know, actually... Ah... I can't see him bring too picky, to be honest. Though he has an attraction to snow... So I suppose eerie pale skin would be something he'd find highly attractive...? *shrugs awkwardly*

... Dunno if that fits anyone that's been made yet, but hey!

@Narvix: Yupyup, that's exactly right! And before coming to the academy, they had no powers at all.

Though violent outbursts of emotion can sometimes manifest elementally, even if the Saint in question hasn't yet learned how to do it on purpose.

(( The point is that extreme fits of anger make them suddenly lose their minds, especially Verick. The reason he NEEDS to be trained is because fire Saints are extremely dangerous because their powers are unstable.

Thanks to Rose, he didn't cause as much damage as a lot of fire saints. But because rage, love, and will control the flow of flame, while will, love, and patience are water, they go well together, but also contrast.

Hence, when infuriated, both David and Verick would have more power, but no way to control it. They'd be erratic.

So Rose keeps tabs on him. ))

@Mill-Hmmm....you hit me with quite a personality. Sasha IS stubborn, so that can come in good ways and bad ways. But, I did state that when she thinks second thoughts, she can be kind and provide a soft touch. Remember, I didn't say she was impatient ((did I?)) but she can be stubborn and keep his fire fits in line and help him see his limits. She is a meathead, so she needs someone to keep HER in line when she does. Normally, that would be her brother, Esko, but they will be separate now, so it would be up to Sasha's partner. Could David do something like that? Plus, Sasha is Water/Ice, so why not have opposites? Opposite elements working together are always fun. At least, for me. Sasha can try to imitate her bro and be mellow, but often she fails lol. Sasha could have seen David before his memory wipe. After all, she and Esko were thrown out on the streets. So she could have seen him from an allyway or something. Sasha and David might not fit EXCACTLY, but I think that it is close enough.

Just my two cents about this.

Okay.

Latoya would then be out of the question for David? Meaning, Latoya would be paired with Blake then.

Thael, I understand all of that. However, the way Mill had written the first post made it seem like their abilities only manifested as weak energy bolts until they started training and developed their element. Once they got their element, then the power would go uncontrolled without further training. That's all.

Though, to be fair, I have to state my concern. Honestly, Verick and Rose seem quite extreme, even for dedicated lovers. I mean, no one acts that bad except possibly schizophrenics off their medication. Their behavior is worthy of complete isolation with a straight jacket in a psych ward.

I don't intend to sound rude or condescending. Millennium accepted them as is. I'm just voicing my own concerns and confusions.

(( Millenium she doesn't know. Do we tell her?

On another note, Narvix, don't worry. Have I ever failed to be entertaining or provide a good read? ))