_Sin_

ANSWERED:Distributing New Prizes/Special/Limited Dragons

I like this idea! I like the idea of a rare that is "earned". As long as the task is somewhat difficult... but I do like the "agonizingly long time investment" sort of difficulty, so that it really is achievable by anyone who is willing to put in the time... so you wouldn't actually have to be skilled at anything. Which is a good case for something like the simple RPG, because just playing mana alchemy over and over and over a zillion times will get boring... if it's agonizingly long time commitment that is required, at least the time spent should be somewhat interesting biggrin.gif

My question: Would this dragon itself be tradeable, or would it be like GONs where it must stay on the scroll it is earned? I'd probably lean towards the latter myself.

I'd say it can do everything a CB Gold can do. Its not a "prize" so much as a rare that is "found" in a different way.

And I would not want an RPG game. I do believe they take a lot more work than something like Alchemy. Also a lot more artwork, and they have to be updated a lot more.

This is Dragon Cave, not RPG Dragons, and I'd like the focus to remain on new releases. But something like Alchemy is kinda "program and forget", once its out there it doesn't need anything additional.

Cheers!

C4.

This game would be optional... and would fit the Dc's background. Sigh, let's go and play mana alchemy if you're so scared of funny (and EASY) rpg games.

I personally find the MA a little boring, but if users feel more comfortable with it I will accept it.

But there are so MANY RPG games out there.... Why here ?

I prefer Mana Alchemy just because it is something that many seem to have enjoyed. I know that the version we played was super easy but the original one has different difficulty levels.

For me, the "earning" concept is positive and I would be happy if any type of shiny/rare (including prizes) could be earned, randomly or not.

I think this would add an interesting new layer to DC, as long as it stays DC style - which is simplicity. I love this game so much because it is simple and I can choose how much time I invest or can currently spare.

I think a game in which you can earn a prize by simple dedictation would also offer a way to keep this game interesting for all those people who have no fast internet connection or insane clicking skills. And provides a way of breeding something nice, with which to trade afterwards (only if you want to of course)

Of course I think this should only be another aspect of DC. I'd like to keep the focus on cave released for new breeds. But it sounds like soemthing fun to do inbetween releases.

So I think this idea should be felshed out more, but the beginning of the suggestion sounds very promising to me smile.gif

So... we're turning this into Skyrim?

This is the reason why I'm SOOO AGAINST raffles. People are so desperate to find a workaround about the fact that there is a limited number of CB prizedragons, they'll pretty much transform the whole of DC to fit their wishes.

I very much dislike the whole of this proposal. Prizes through some sort of game? I'd rather we keep the raffle as it is. At least that's mathematically fair.

But there are so MANY RPG games out there.... Why here ?

I've just proposed it because it seems that a minigame where you can earn prizes should be a little more difficult than mana alchemy, that's all! I don't care rpg or whatever, I've just proposed what I think it could be fun and just a little more difficult (not so much anyway).

I've edited my previous post with these words:

Both games _Sin_? Yes, of course I would like it, but it seems that people don't want to add "difficult" extra mini games and I don't want to insist about something so optional.

I don't think anyone's saying they're scared of RPG games or whatever. It's just that part of the appeal of DC is that it's a simple game without all that fancy stuff like quests etc. to get things.

I don't want to fight about which mini game is easy or not. I meant to describe something very basilar, so seeing it immediately shot down because of "it's too fancy rpg stuff with a higher level of difficult" made me think that DC is not the place (yet) to propose this kind of minigames. Yes, I actually think that all these new mechanics actually "scare" people a bit, even if the news proposed are really easy to play, so I do not wish to insist on them. Please ignore my suggestion if it makes you feel so uncomfortable! I didn't meant to. I just hoped to propose a fun new easy game! If it's not well accepted I won't insist.

I could actually agree with what cyradis said:

ETA:

The one thing I do not want to see is an RPG type game. Those take a LOT of effort to code, they need a ton of artwork, and they need to have new levels / new stuff added all the time or those playing them tend to start to complain. So.... Would rather not see anything like that.

Unless you got a bonus for completing those type of Halloween stories we already get.

Code and art works could be heavy to do. That's a good crit smile.gif I wouldn't want staff to focus only on them. Let's stay with simple Mana Alchemy, it seems to bother less people xd.png

Don't tempt me. Skyrim is my actual drug.

Edited by Naruhina_94

This is the reason why I'm SOOO AGAINST raffles. People are so desperate to find a workaround about the fact that there is a limited number of CB prizedragons, they'll pretty much transform the whole of DC to fit their wishes.

I very much dislike the whole of this proposal. Prizes through some sort of game? I'd rather we keep the raffle as it is. At least that's mathematically fair.

Thanks; I do agree. This game is different from all those other games where you have to be there constantly and spend all your waking hours to make sure you don't MISS SOMETHING.

People are so desperate to find a workaround about the fact that there is a limited number of CB prizedragons, they'll pretty much transform the whole of DC to fit their wishes.

This and playing the game without having to play the game. It's been like this with CB metals before, now it's the Prizes. The next suggestion will be something like "Include a message sending game, get rare after sending 500 upvoted messages."

Um.... This isn't for existing Prize dragons, nor does it have ANYTHING to do with the raffle.

This is a way for people to earn a special dragon (that is NOT a prize sprite!) that doesn't require a fast internet and fast reflexes. This special dragon would allow them to trade for the nice Golds and Silvers (and even Prizes) that they otherwise would have a very hard time getting.

ETA: So it'd be a lot more like a GoN than a Prize dragon.

Cheers!

C4.

Edited by cyradis4

Um.... This isn't for existing Prize dragons, nor does it have ANYTHING to do with the raffle.

This is a way for people to earn a special dragon (that is NOT a prize sprite!) that doesn't require a fast internet and fast reflexes. This special dragon would allow them to trade for the nice Golds and Silvers (and even Prizes) that they otherwise would have a very hard time getting.

ETA: So it'd be a lot more like a GoN than a Prize dragon.

Cheers!

C4.

Wouldn't prize dragons be available as "prizes" of this mini game? Maybe I've understood it wrong.

Wouldn't prize dragons be available as "prizes" of this mini game? Maybe I've understood it wrong.

NO.

Prizes are used to refer to Tinsels and Shimmers, and this would be a dragon sprite that is new to the Cave.

Lets call these dragons "Special Dragons" or "Limited dragons" which are won via this game to keep people from turning this into another Raffle / Prize discussion.

The message, when you finally earn one, could be:

"Your constant magic use has attracted xxx dragon, a very rare creature to see in the wild. She has left an egg behind, which you pick up and take back with you."

Cheers!

C4.

Edited by cyradis4

Oh, Bummer. I thought that Tinsels and Shimmers would be counted among the Prizes you could win. I'm less comfortable with something that might be a limited edition dragon or a dragon you could ONLY get through the game.

ETA: Basically, since we already have dragons that are considered "Prizes", wouldn't it make sense that they would be "Prizes" in whatever game they could be won through? Not that I mind other shinies - golds and silvers, for example - being accessible through the game platform we're discussing. But it makes total sense in my mind for the Tinsels and Shimmers to be the prizes since that's their actual category.

Edited by LibbyLishly

I like the general idea

I would not be interested in an RPG

A harder version of MA would make sense. Low levels take time, high levels take skill. Caters to all types of players, so I believe it would be fair.

I would like to be able to receive CB Tinsels/Shimmers like this (because I HATE the lottery), but I could live with other types of dragons. Current rares would be OK (gold, silver, copper) and a new 'special' dragon sounds cool too.

Oh, Bummer. I thought that Tinsels and Shimmers would be counted among the Prizes you could win. I'm less comfortable with something that might be a limited edition dragon or a dragon you could ONLY get through the game.

ETA: Basically, since we already have dragons that are considered "Prizes", wouldn't it make sense that they would be "Prizes" in whatever game they could be won through? Not that I mind other shinies - golds and silvers, for example - being accessible through the game platform we're discussing. But it makes total sense in my mind for the Tinsels and Shimmers to be the prizes since that's their actual category.

I've nothing against having Tinsels and Shimmers distributed via this mechanism. Actually I would like that. But the idea of getting trapped on yet another Prizes discussion, AGAIN, is making me gag. And no, I'm not talking about your posts.

Don't tempt me. Skyrim is my actual drug.

xd.png

With over 1000 hours gameplay, I can understand. smile.gif

But that's my point. I want Skyrim, I play Skyrim. DC is nothing like it, which I think is the magic of the game. Your proposals do make some sense, a minigame that's harder than mana alchemy to earn stuff, but I'm afraid I can't be in favor of it. Not your proposal in itself, but the whole idea of doing minigames to earn stuff. Getting too close to Neopets for my liking and I hated Neopets with the burning passion of hot chocolate.

Missunderstood then, my forgiveness. Anyways, it doesn't invalidate my point. While it is tempting, no, thanks. And I'm talking as someone who can't hunt a rare to save her life.

Edited by DragonNighthowler

I imagine that you'd be able to earn as many CBs of this dragon as you want, and you'd be able to breed it and it'd breed true.

What this would do is close a gap in the trading "sphere": it'll give something else of high value and rare-ness that doesn't require a fast internet nor being ridiculously lucky. It'll give those who don't have said fast internet a chance to compete with those who can catch rares easily for the more desired dragons (like Neglecteds and CB metals). Just like Golds, if you aren't willing to put the time in to "attract" the mother, then you can get a bred dragon once they start to spread.

I imagine that to work best, this dragon would have to be a mage of some sort, that lots and lots of magic use would attract. So it'd be either the only dragon available through this method, or one of only one or two. But it would always be available this way, and it'd breed like any other rare / uncommon, and reproduce itself exactly.

ETA:

And I think that only the special dragon / dragons should be available through this. No Golds, no Silvers, no Tinsels, no Shimmers. Something unique to this, so that it won't interfere with the ratios of those dragons.

Cheers!

C4.

Edited by cyradis4

Getting too close to Neopets for my liking and I hated Neopets with the burning passion of hot chocolate.

Uhm I tend to LOVE things with the burning passion of hot chocolate.

I imagine that you'd be able to earn as many CBs of this dragon as you want, and you'd be able to breed it and it'd breed true.

What this would do is close a gap in the trading "sphere": it'll give something else of high value and rare-ness that doesn't require a fast internet nor being ridiculously lucky. It'll give those who don't have said fast internet a chance to compete with those who can catch rares easily for the more desired dragons (like Neglecteds and CB metals). Just like Golds, if you aren't willing to put the time in to "attract" the mother, then you can get a bred dragon once they start to spread.

I imagine that to work best, this dragon would have to be a mage of some sort, that lots and lots of magic use would attract. So it'd be either the only dragon available through this method, or one of only one or two. But it would always be available this way, and it'd breed like any other rare / uncommon, and reproduce itself exactly.

ETA:

And I think that only the special dragon / dragons should be available through this. No Golds, no Silvers, no Tinsels, no Shimmers. Something unique to this, so that it won't interfere with the ratios of those dragons.

Cheers!

C4.

Special dragons available only via mini games? ugh, this hurts me. I think we already have too many exclusives right now. I like the mechanism, so maybe I would support i anyway, but it seems to add questions more than answers.

I really agree more with Libby. I thought this was a new (and brilliant) way to solve Shimmer and tinsel CB ratio. Sorry, I overestimated the suggestion. xd.png

Using this to release Shimmers and Tinsels would cause far, far more problems then it'd solve. And "exclusive" refers to something only some can have. Anyone can get these in CB version with a bit of time.

Cheers!

C4.

Edited by cyradis4

I.... actually really want to hate this suggestion. I *hate* suggestions that mess with DC too much (there are reasons I play DC and not those other games...) and a special dragon that can only be gotten through a ton of time on a mini-game...

I don't know. I like it. I *really* support the idea of the mini-game being Mana Alchemy. I really liked that game.

Tell you what. Even though I still would like to see Tins and Shims offered as dragon prizes accesible through the game, I still think the idea is good enough to keep talking about, regardless of what dragon(s) are eventually settled on as the prizes. biggrin.gif And some of us (me included) certainly had enough of the Prizes debate for a while. We can debate the pros and cons of the Tins and Shims as part of this game after the idea has been more solidified. smile.gif

Lets say I was specially passionate in how much I hated it. xd.png

I tend to DRINK the stuff, me. With passion. xd.png

I'm really not keep on the idea of getting a dragon through a minigame... but as long as the game didn't discriminate against ANYONE. (I know there were people who literally couldn't see the tiles properly for the mana one, for instance. Colour vision problems for one thing.)

Tell you what. Even though I still would like to see Tins and Shims offered as dragon prizes accesible through the game, I still think the idea is good enough to keep talking about, regardless of what dragon(s) are eventually settled on as the prizes. biggrin.gif And some of us (me included) certainly had enough of the Prizes debate for a while. We can debate the pros and cons of the Tins and Shims as part of this game after the idea has been more solidified. smile.gif

Good point!

Hmm. First of all, I agree with the people who say that Mana Alchemy is way too simple. Heck, even my 11-year-old daughter told me just how simple the game is! Which, in turn, makes it mind-boggingly boring.

Second, as much as I'd like to see something shiny that I'd have a good chance at getting, I somehow don't feel comfortable with making some dragons available through a mini-game only.

I also don't see them as very valuable on the trading market if everyone can get them. It's like with 2nd gen Avatars: Within a very short time, they'll be so common nobody will want to trade them for something rarer - like low-gen prizes or CB golds. So they sure wouldn't fill the niche between high-tier and low-tier trading. (If they're nice and shiny, I'd probably put a lot of personal value on them, but that doesn't mean they'd have said value to someone else.)

That being said, I'm not strongly opposed to this. I just don't feel it's an amazingly good idea, much less needed.

Edited by olympe