chicbecause

Seven Voices Academy

( forgive the wait. I had to make foods (sweets)...I ate them too...)

"Hedghogs? Ok, If you say so!" She laughed. They were, once again, in the cafeteria. Aoko ran to get in line for food, pretty much only sweet tasting foods were being put on her tray. But, wait-OH NO! Spicy mapo tofu- a big bowl of it was placed on her tray. She liked her lips, continuing onto the desserts. "Hey, do you like spicy foods? If so, you should try the mapo tofu! It's REALLY spicy and good! They also have brownies and cookies, if you want any!" Saying this was pointless. Alicia wasn't blind and could clearly see the food options, but who cares? Hinohara moved to find and empty table, hoping that Licia would get lots of dessert. She wanted to see her when she was REALLY hyper! She filled her mouth with some mapo tofu and her face instantly turned red. "****, that's hot!" She smiled and the fur on her ears and tail stood on end. The red slowly drained from her face as she took another bite.

((shin is really funny and I KEEP LAUGHING AT HER ACTIONS she and joe should be friends it'd be crazy))

Joe flinched when Yuki appeared underneath him and frowned. "No one ever said anything about my smile before." He muttered, looking at Yuki. "I don't get why you want to talk to me. There's probably nothing we have in common anyways." He sighed, avoiding the question Yuki asked. Yes he was sad, but he wasn't going to tell a stranger why.

Yuki suddenly hugged Joe and he tensed. Oh God. Why. Why was this happening. He heard Yuki tell him not to be sad and he sighed. Its not like he could turn off his emotions. He slid out of Yuki's hug and put his hands in his pockets. He was getting annoyed. Yuki seemed like a nice kid, but he was kind of nosy. "Thanks for asking, but I don't feel like talking about it." He turned away from Yuki and looked down the hall. "I'll just go back to my room. Later."

((I just noticed that they are already becoming great friends. It is wise to wait a while before anything evolves. For now, friends. :3 ))

Esko liked her story. And the fact that she seemed to like him as a friend. He liked the thought of someone who didn't judge him based on his ability to speak. He smiled once she finished. "I grew with.....clean....oh, wanna hear my story?" Esko breathed. "I'll write it". He took out his sketchpad and wrote. He wrote pretty fast, and he kept his writing neat enough. When he handed the paper to her, it said:

I grew up in a small house in a town that seemed to be covered in snow most of the year. Even summer was cooler. My dad had died soon after I was born, and my mom had no idea how to be a single parent. She was a cleanfreak, and she always wanted everything in order. When I was attacked by thugs and had my vocal cords damaged, she freaked out. A few years past, and she sent me here. I never grew up with pets, and my mom hated any dirt spots. She is the "genius" who sent me here

Esko sat as he waited for her to respond.

((Younger Brothers. Not better, I think. Then again, I'm a younger sib myself xd.png ))

Skyla looked down at her food and propped her head up with her elbow when Shin fell silent. She ate absentmindedly, chewing on a prok chop on the end of a fork. In the mean time, she people watched. It was pretty cool hanging out with a blind person. She could zone out, check her phone, people watch, all without insulting her blind friend. It was perfect because she currently checking her online role plays on her phone. She leaned back in her chair and set her phone on the table, looking around the room at other people in the cafeteria. Huh. She's right. Everyone is growing farther apart as two people grow together. I recalled that happening in middle school as well. Can I, resign, or something from being a sacrifice? It's kinda a drag. Oh censorkip.gif! It's that guy from that party in September. What's his name? The weird one with that horrible chin halfling he called facial hair. Ok, didn't make eye contact. Crisis adverted. Solid. She scanned to the other side of the cafe.

What are those two doing? Tail high fives? Low fives? Aww they're making friends. Cute. censorkip.gif I forgot people still had tails.

Skyla remembered having a tail and ears. They were pretty cool. Sure, she sometimes missed having one but only for the visual value it had. Not the symbolic meaning of childhood innocence, she grew out of that. Her tail was so cool though.

Skyla's tail had been flexible and thin, shinning jet black scales covered it from base to pointed tip. Her ears had been thin and wing like with the same scaly texture. She was odd looking and it went with her goth thing she had going in high school perfectly. She was bummed for, like, a day when she realized they were gone.

It wasn't a big deal now. Sure she stood out now, but in a few years it would level out and she would begin to blend in again. It was her choice and she didn't regret it.

Skyla was jarred from her thoughts when Shin spoke again, "You do realize that we are each others only friend? She said before standing, "But we both agree. You're helpless without me" She said, rising from the seat. She looped her elbow through the crook of Shin's arm and navigated them both through the sea of teenage hormones.

Reaching the calm shores of The Hallway, Skyla dropped her roommate's arm so she could tip tap around with her cane more freely. "So what's the deal with tomorrow? Do we have class or can I sleep in again?" she asked as they made their way back to their dorm.

(((Awaiting your time censorkip.gif Chic)))

((Got permission to move Alic to her dorm. So that means I can play as her until polar gets back? I'll try to be as accurate as possible!))

Esko

"I guess I.....have to go. See.....you later" Esko said. He was kind of sad that he had to go to his dorm. It was nice hanging out with someone who didn't judge you based on your ability to speak. His ears flickered. He walked up to his door and walked in. Same as he left it. Nobody broke in. He sighed as he laid in his new bed. It smelled clean. It looked clean. Esko, once in bed, wondered how he would know he found his Sacrifice. The Headmaster should know. After all, to run this place, he/she would need knowledge of their school. And their students. I will find his office tomorrow. Esko thought of going to the office as he dozed off, and slept.

((It is bedtime, right? Correct me if I am wrong))

Alice

Alice read Esko's little blurb on the paper as he said,

"I guess I....have to go. See...you later"

She looked up at him. She just replied, "Sure. Bye!" She had slight smile as she got up. Esko had gotten into his room before her, and she assumed he was at least starting to sleep. She sat on her bed and started to doze. She thought of that day. Most of her life, she had been anti social. Now, it was her first day, and she already made a friend! Esko seemed...different. He seemed friendly, and she had to admit: he was kinda cute. There was something about him that made him different.

What was it that made him so?

((Was i accurate enough?))

((If your characters have not yet gotten to their dorms the post their going into the dorms, then continue with them again after the time skip.))

Yuki's ears and tail drooped.

"I'm sorry." He said, after Joe turned away.

He sighed, deciding not to pursue the issue, and retreated into his dorm room. He decided to stay inside where he couldn't mess anything up. Why did he always do these things? Why could he not just accept people didn't like him or didn't want him around? Why didn't he just take a hint? It was always like this. This it exactly what happened with his parents. Well, not exactly. That one had a lot more yelling and crying. He flopped his body onto his bead, shoving his pillow onto his face. Basking in self-pity and self-loathing.

Eventually, his mind wandered off and he began hanging up some posters he'd brought from home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shin tilted her head left and right, creating the loud noise of bones popping. She smirked at Skyla's comment.

"So we're friends now? I thought ten minutes ago you said you didn't like me. At this rate we'll be married with two kids and a dog by sundown tomorrow." She said, following Sky's lead out of the cafeteria.

She didn't really agree with the statement that she'd be helpless without her. But having someone around definitely made things easier. She could not deny that. Sky released her arm and Shin continued walking, tapping her stick in front of her.

"Yeah, I think classes start tomorrow." She said, entering the dorm.

She'd have to walk that path a couple more times before she finally got it down. She'd probably have her mental map of her classes and dorm completed by the end of the week. Hopefully.

"What time is it? I'm getting kinda tired."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TIME~~~~~~SKIP~~~~~~S***~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Midnight came. Curfew was enacted. Yet still, three people were in the halls who were not supposed to be.

A girl snuck out of her room, planning to make a rendezvous with a fellow student. She glanced around, taking the upmost measures of caution. But she'd been spotted.

"Oh dear me. Whatever have we got here?" A slim, white haired child asked, a hint of mischief in it's voice.

"God! You scared me!" Said the girl, turning around to face them. "Listen, you go along your way, I'll go along on mine. We won't bother eachother."

"Well, this is awkward. I'm afraid that isn't possible. No, no, it's much to late to do that." The child replied, stepping forward.

"What? Gosh. Neither of us are suppos- AAH! What was that for?" She cried as the white haired child stepped forward again and swung an open hand at the girl, leaving five, long, bloody trail marks on her face where it had scratched her.

"STop talking." Commanded the child.

"What the f***?! What ar- GAH!" This time she fell to the ground, clutching at her stomach where she'd received a kick.

"I very much wish you had shut up."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That morning, a girl was found passed out inside the front gates of the school, covered in blood. She'd been taken to the school nurse before most of the school had seen her, but not before the news got out. She had only mild injuries, mainly only shallow scratches and a bang to the head to knock her out.

She would be kept the rest of the day to ensure she was fit to return to class.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Skyla laughed, "Well I don't like you. I just don't like everyone else more" She explained as they made their way back to their dorm room, "So, like, by default your my friend...or something like that". Others were making their way back to their rooms as well but Skyla didn't pay much attention to them. They didn't seem to notice them either. Was everyone in this school anti-social because it sure seemed that way. At least Skyla has the decency of being terrible to someone before not talking to them. She checked her phone when Shin asked what time it was, "8." She answered, unlocking the dorm and stepped inside.

Wha! Wha! Wha! Wha! Her alarm clock screamed from the desk. Skyla slapped her hand on the top of it, silencing it for the next five minutes. Ugh, first day of classes. Goodbye getting high as soon as she woke up, hello forced social interaction and long periods of instruction. Oh well, at least in these classes she gets to learn how to bark orders and kick the censorkip.gif out of her fellow classmates. For the time being, Skyla was having a hard time waking up.

Cyrus's expression didn't change as he was blatantly told to not waste the Headmaster's time. Instead, he turned away towards the door. "I hope you understand that parents don't pay to have their children schooled here just to have time and money wasted, sir." He replied calmly. His eyes flashed for a moment as a thought struck him. "This school already has a bad reputation after the cult-related incidents and the deaths involved. Even simple deficiencies could easily half the enrolled students." As he walked to the door, he couldn't help but sneer. "After all, you willingly allowed this to happen. Most would have you fired. Many thanks for this wasted breath, sir." With these words, Cyrus slipped from the room silently. Although small, the young man talked big. Forcing people into uncomfortable situations were sort of his thing. The look once he knew someone was caught...it was like watching a caged beast.

((Yeah, so is Cyrus. tongue.gif))

Upon returning to his dorm, Cyrus got busy to tidying up. Clothes were stacked neatly upon the bed, books were slid into a backpack, and an alarm was set. He glanced occasionally at Yuki's sullen poster-hanging, before settling into bed. A wasted day, and a likely wasted day the next one.

Edited by shadow_claw

Shin sat straight up and threw a pillow in the direction of the alarm.

"WHO IN F***S SAKE DECIDED THAT WAS EVER A GOOD IDEA. F*** THEM IN THE ASS WITH A TREE BRANCH BECAUSE THEY ARE F***ING IDIOTS." She yelled, er version of 'good morning'. Then she lay back down and hit her head on the window since she'd thrown her pillow.

"F***" she shouted, holding her injured head.

She sat up again, frowning. This was all s***. She did not want to deal with this. Everything was making her so angry. Why couldn't the universe comply to her wishes for one day? Just one. She plopped herself on the floor and felt around for the dresser. At least she knew where her clothes were. She pulled out something soft that she assumed were pants, and once she got them on, she was pleased to find they were pants. Bright blue pajama pants with panda's all over them. But she couldn't see that. She then grabbed a t-censorkip.gif and a hoodie, or at least what felt like a t-shirt and a hoodie and put those on as well. Blissfully unaware she looked like she hadn't just spent ten minutes trying to clothe herself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yuki had woken up an hour earlier then most people and brushed his teeth, eaten breakfast, done his hair, and gotten dressed in pink skinny jeans, and a black skull knit-sweater, except the skull had a pink bow. He also added a lot of spiked bracelets and a pink beanie. He sat in the bathroom, spiking up the hair on his tail hoping he'd run into Joe to apologize better. Maybe they could hang out again if Joe didn't hate him completely? The thought of hanging out with Joe-chan made him blush, and seeing himself blush in the mirror made him blush more. He covered his face with his hand and let out a girl-y sounding squeal. Alright, calm down. You have class. He went into the main room and gathered up the books he'd need, being careful to clean up the mess he'd made when waking up and getting ready.

Esko literally smashed the alarm clock. He woke up to a tiny spring poking into his hand. He grunted and found clothes for the day. While putting them on, he felt Alice's presence next door. He stood for a few minutes looking at nothing until he "woke up" and finished getting dressed. He wrapped his scarf around his neck, covering his mouth once again. The scarf was very soft and comfy. He hoped that teachers didn't call on him.

He walked out of his dorm, looking at his schedule. This will be fun. Might as well wait for Alice. Maybe "bump into her coincidentally" once she comes out the door.

Or just say hello"

And Esko waited for Alice to come out.

((I have no clue on what to write for Esko))

Edited by Esko_the_Wolf

Joe stared at the wall and sighed. School was starting soon, wasn't it? He didn't want to go. He covered his head with his comforter and then heard Shin scream about a tree branch and threw his blanket off of him. Okay, God. He was awake. He crawled out of bed and groaned, looking at the time. "It's too early to go anywhere." He mumbled, looking at his door. If he had to deal with Shin screaming every morning he would always be woken up. He wouldn't even need to set an alarm clock. He looked at himself in the mirror and ruffled his hair, yawning. He walked over to his dresser and pulled out a simple long sleeved sweatshirt and red skinny jeans. Why did he pack colored pants? "Whatever. It doesn't matter." He whispered, throwing the clothes on his bed. He opened his door and looked into the hallway to see if any people were out, and saw Yuki go back into his room. He took note of the pink beanie and pants and hid a smile. "I wonder if his favorite color is pink." He muttered, slipping out of his door. He quickly brushed his teeth and ruffled his hair again, knowing he would just throw a beanie over it anyways. He let his hands stay on his head for a while and remembered when he had ears, but quickly realized he looked like an idiot and let them fall to his side.

He hurried back to his room and got dressed, not realizing he had put the sweatshirt on backwards. He grabbed his black beanie and slid it over his head, liking how much the color contrasted his hair. He looked at his clock and then headed towards his door. Might as well try to apologize to Yuki. He was just trying to be friendly... I think. He grabbed his backpack and swung it over his shoulder, then opened his door and stepped out into the hallway. He walked across the hall to Cyrus and Yuki's room and stared at the door. He was about to knock on the door but hesitated. Wait, what if Yuki doesn't want me to apologize? What if he's mad at me? Would he get mad at me? He didn't seem like someone who'd get mad at anyone. Joe looked down the hall and sighed. Maybe he just wouldn't bother apologizing. But what if they had a class together? Wouldn't that be awkward? He bit his lip and looked at the floor. What should I do?

Yuki finished cleaning his mess and headed out the door, books in hand when he ran straight((lol, no he ran totally gay)) into Joe, dropping all of his stuff. Yuki panicked, scrambling to pick everything up and apologizing.

"Oh! Joe! I'm sorry! I didn't see you! I'm also sorry about yesterday. I probably freaked you out. That wasn't nice. I'm sorry." He said, standing up and looking at Joe.

He then started blushing again, and he could feel himself blushing, which made him blush more. But this time his hands were full and he couldn't cover his face, so he just stood there blushing like an idiot, and feeling like an idiot.

"Um, d-did you need something?" He finally asked, realizing Joe had been standing right outside his door.

((he ran totally gay XD))

Joe bent down to help Yuki pick his stuff up and remained silent as he apologized profusely. He stood also and held a notebook out to Yuki, noticing how red he was. Had he caused that? He felt his cheeks warm at the thought and averted his attention from the other males face. Oh Jesus. What was going on? "It's fine. About yesterday. Yeah." He mumbled, glancing at Yuki. He was still blushing and Joe fiddled with his backpack strap. "I came by to..." He looked at Yuki again and sighed. "Nevermind." He placed his free hand on Yuki's forehead and placed the notebook on his pile of books. "Are you running a fever or something? You're really red." He said, feeling Yuki's hair. It was soft. He then remembered he had no idea how to tell if someone was running a fever and pulled his hand away from the black haired boy, looking anywhere but his face. "You know, carrying a lot of books like that can lead to back problems." He muttered, sighing. "Do you not have a backpack or something?"

BEEP BEEP BEEP

"Gaah!" Alice yelped, startled, at the sound of the alarm clock and rolled over to turn it off. Instead she just rolled off the bed with a thump. Groaning, she struggled to her feet and turned off the blasted alarm clock before grabbing some clothes to wear for the day. She changed and put her pajamas away. She braided her hair before pulling on her cowboy boots. She was wearing a pale green sweater and jeans. She dragged herself out of her room... and crashed into Esko. Being still half asleep, she just kinda sagged against him as she slowly woke up. "Sorry!" She said as she yawned. "Don't know why I'm so tired, usually get up earlier than this." She pulled away from Eskofor fear of dozing off. "Let's go get some breakfast to wake me up." She yawned again. "Didn't sleep well... last night."

--------

Licia was already up and dressed by the time the alarm went off. She turned off the annoying contraption and looked at her schedule. "I'm gonna go get breakfast! See ya in the cafeteria!" She skipped off towards the cafeteria. She piled some french toast (with extra sugar), bacon, and an egg on her plate before plopping down in an unoccupied seat and beginning to eat.

"I'm gonna go get breakfast! See ya in the cafeteria!"

Aoko as half asleep when her roommate informed her of her plans. "Have fun!" was all she could manage to get out between yawns. "Oh! censorkip.gif!" She shot up out of bed and quickly dressed herself in a lose baby blue sweater and a short grey skirt. She then put on her white thigh-high socks and black mary janes. "Ok, I'm dressed.." She ran into the bathroom and brushed her hair and teeth before gathering up her books and pencils and pens (and all other censorkip.gif required for school). Once done, Hinohara headed out the door on her way to breakfast. Despite the presence of French toast, She only put an omelet on her plate, grabbed some lychee juice, and sat next to alicia. " Hey. How do you like the food?" She waved her grey-purple tail and smiled.

( sorry. short post is short( again))

"It...is okay. Smashed my...alarm clock...hehe" Esko said. "Hungry? Let's eat" he remembered where the cafeteria was, walked in, grabbed a bunch of meat and some eggs, then sat down to eat. A rather hot piece of egg went down his throat, and he felt burning on his vocal cords. He had to get something cold to cool the area down. He took a break from eating to give his vocal cords some cool down, and his food too. He wanted to talk, but his throat was JUST starting to mellow.

((lol I have no idea on what to write lol))

Skyla merely rolled over when her roommate began to yell first thing in the morning. If this was a daily thing then it was going to get old quick. She did feel a bit of satisfaction when she heard the girl hit her head on the window, your own fault" She mumbled. Finding it impossible to go back to sleep with Shin cursing and clunking around, Skyla finally rose from her bed with a groan. She rubbed her face with her hands and yawned, "The world shouldn't start before ten am" she groaned, swinging her legs over the side of the bed.

She did her morning rituals and got dressed around the same time Shin was finished. She was wearing a baggy led zeppelin t-shirt with a red flannel thrown on top. Her jeans were tight and ripped at the knees from where she picked at the seams. She sling her deformed backpack she had been dragging around since she started school over her shoulder. She wasn't planning on going outside till free period since all her classes were in one building so she skipped the jacket for now. She would grab it when she came back to her room. She looked at Shin's mismatched outfit and shrugged, "You ready for breakfast? I'm starved" she said, motioning toward e door.

Whether she was ready or not, they were in the cafeteria. It was surprisingly empty but she supposed that not everyone was awake. She grabbed a plate of food and found a seat at the opposite end of the table from boy bundled up in a scarf and and girl i a green sweater. She gave a obligated smile to them before turning to Shin, "SO what's going on today? she asked.

Edited by padfoot

Yuki tilted his head. What had he come to do, he wondered. He accepted the notebook and smiled, this time he wouldn't be nosy and mess everything up. He opened his mouth to say something when Joe put his hand on his forehead, making the blush-fest begin again.

"Oh, um, I don't think so." He replied, trying to keep himself from exploding.

Luckily, he did not explode, unluckily, his tail could have very well been jet powered for all it was wagging. He smiled brighter.

"Oh, I do, but it's filled with clothes because I'm not allowed to make a mess in the dorm room." He explained. "Um, do you wanna go get some breakfast?" He asked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shin followed Skyla to the cafeteria, she had no clue what she was about to put in her mouth but it smelled pretty good. She immediately dug into her food, shoveling into her mouth. God, she was starving. But of course, Skyla had to make conversation. Or maybe she was legitimately just wanting to know. Sky didn't seem like the kinda girl to waste time.

"Um. I actually have no clue. I haven't read my schedule yet. Because, I can't read. Didn't you pick yours up from the office when you checked into the school?" She asked.

She stopped eating for a moment and just listened to the noise around her. More people started arriving in the cafeteria. She could often pick out single conversations from the crowd, but they were always between two people. Well, she couldn't really get too mad. It wasn't like Skyla and her were a huge group or anything.

Edited by chicbecause

Joe noticed Yuki's face flush as he touched his forehead. So it was because of him. He watched as Yuki's tail started wagging a mile a minute and laughed quietly. He then bit his lip and looked st the floor. Why was he laughing at Yuki? This didn't make any sense. He looked back at Yuki when he asked if he wanted to go get breakfast and nodded. "I don't typically eat breakfast though." He took a few books off of Yuki's pile and adjuseted his backpack strap. "You could use a dresser for your clothes, you know." He said calmly, looking down the hallway. "I'll help you carry your stuff today though. It won't happen again." He said, looking at Yuki. Oh boy. This was definitely not like him.

((Sorry for any typos, in mobile))

Yuki watched Joe, confused. Why would he not eat BREAKFAST? That was the best meal of the day!You got to eat pancakes and waffles and muffins! He was about to ask when he decided not too. He didn't want to upset Joe again. He walked along beside Joe, his heart fluttering whenever he looked at the other boy. Oh wait. Oh no. He couldn't have a crush. The last time he had a crush the other boy had called him a censorkip.gif** and other rude names. and then the other boys beat him up. That had been when Yuki was twelve. A rather long time ago, but he'd learned his lesson. Boys were supposed to like girls. Not other boys. He looked over at Joe again. He knew better now. He knew it was okay to like boys. But what if Joe didn't? Would Joe call him a fagot and other rude names and beat him up on the playground? He realized, that that was rather absurd. Joe probably knew Yuki was gay, and this school didn't have a playground.

"H-hey, Joe?" Yuki asked, "Are you feeling better today? Like... in here." He said and patted his heart. Then he remembered the word 'emotionally'. "I mean like, emotionally?"

As Joe and Yuki walked along, he couldn't help but notice the younger male repeatedly look at him. Was there something on his face? It was possible. He pulled his beanie down and brushed his bangs off to the side, looking at Yuki when he asked if he was feeling okay. Joe stared at him for longer then he would have liked to admit then realized he was staring and quickly averted his attention. Had he made it obvious he wasn't feeling emotionally okay? He didn't think he did. Ah, maybe walking away suddenly the other day had given it away. "Not really." He muttered, wondering if Yuki would pry. He hated that people pried into his life. He always had, and that was one of the main reasons he had only one friend. He looked at Yuki. "Life just sucks." He said, his voice a mixture of sorrow and anger. He and Yuki rounded the corner and Joe sighed. "So, I have a question for you that you may or may not answer." He looked at Yuki and adjusted his hold on the books. "You aren't straight, are you? I don't care at all if you are or aren't, I'm just... Curious, I guess one would say." If he wasn't straight, then Joe could talk to someone about the questions he had. He didn't have anyone to talk to about sexuality back home, and his one friend was as straight as a ruler. It would help him to know someone else was at least similar to him at this school.

Alice giggled when he said that he had smashed his alarm clock. That is totally something she could see him doing. "Yeah, let's eat." She agreed. She took a fruit bowl full of strawberries, grapes, pineapple, and raspberries back to where they where sitting. "So what's your schedule? Here's mine. Do we have any classes together?" She asked, pulling her class schedule out of her pocket and handing it to him.

-------

Licia waved when Aoko walked in. She asked how the food was, and Licia, forgetting that her mouth was full, responded. "Ot astes weally ood." She said. Swallowing, she repeated what she had just told her roommate. "I said it tastes really good." With a smile, she wolfed down the rest ofher meal before throwing away her trash. "I'm going to go brush my teeth, so I'll be back in a few." She told Aoko cheerfully before running off towards their shared room.

"We have quite a bit of classes together. See? ACK!" That was the most words Esko ever got out at once. And boy, were his vocal cords mad. He almost dropped his schedule. "Yesterday.....I smelled....ciggy smoke.,.....why?" He still wondered that. Wouldn't that make smoke alarms go off? He only said "ciggy" because "cigarette "was too much to say. He wished he hadn't been caught at night trying to get home. He got a second helping of meat.

Uhhhhhh.... She trailed off, digging around in the depths of her bag for her schedule, "Who reads anyway? Reading is for squares.". She finally pulled what she assumed was her schedule free from the bottom of her bag. She smoothed it out on the table and noticed all her tugging ripped part of the paper clean off. She was missing the last half of the day, "Ugh. Advanced Physics is my first class., She groaned, "Yep, I want to learn about opposite reactions and Newtons first thing in the morning". Great, all her classes seemed like their soul purpose was to make her transcript look good. Trigonometry, astronomy, dramatic theory. Where were the classes she requested? She looked up when the scarf fellow mentioned that the could smell cigarette smoke the night before. That wasn't good, not becasue this guy could smell it, but someone of importance might smell it too. She would have to take more precautions if she was going to continue to smoke in her room. Which was the only option. It was too goddamn cold to step outside every time she had a nicotine craving. She didn't mention the the overheard statement, that would be creepy. Instead she looked the other way to watch the other students filing into the cafeteria for breakfast.

"Yo. Will you read my schedule for me? Since, like, I'M F***ING BLIND. God. They could've at least wrote it in braille. Which is still f***ing difficult for me to read. Whatever." Shin replied, materializing a sheet of paper from thin air. ((Not really, she just didn't have it before so I'm giving it to her now because she probably needs it)) She passed the paper to Sky, feeling angry and defeated. Which, in all honesty, wasn't really a foreign feeling to her. At least not the anger. She lived her life as this blind ball of fury tramping around giving people hell. And she was okay with this. She sighed. She'd heard someone earlier mention cigarette smoke. Sounded like the same guy who'd bumped into their door. That couldn't be good. She was about to say something when a different conversation caught her ear.

"She won't be in class today, they probably just want to make sure she won't go to the police."

"Really? What happened?"

"These two kids scratched her up and left her by the front gate. She seemed fine when I talked to her, except she was covered in band-aids and s***. She's pretty tough, she'll be okay."

"Yeah, but who would've done that?"

She fell silent, listening intently to their conversation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yuki decided not to ask anymore questions. He didn't want to upset Joe again. He thought about what Joe had said. Why would life suck? He got the feeling it had a lot to do with his ears, or lack thereof. He re-decided to not ask any questions. At least not yet. Joe then proceeded to ask Yuki if he was straight. Why would he ask that. He said he didn't care, but what if he did? Would it freak him out? He looked at Joe and shook his head. Might as well be honest. His ears turned back with nervousness.

"Uh, no. I'm not." He said nervously, watching Joe's reaction.

He repositioned his hands on his stack of books, hoping Joe really didn't care.