chicbecause

Seven Voices Academy

Joe followed Yuki to the door and watched as he skipped down the hallway. That's really kind of... Yuki turned back to look at him and he walked up to the boy. He stared at the floor and let his mind wander. Wasn't there a really gay guy at the school last semester? He thought he heard people talking about someone, but he couldn't remember exactly. He looked at Yuki and suddenly realized how cute he was. Like, he was hella cute. Joe looked back at the floor and felt his chest get tight. Come on Joe, you just met the kid. No way your going to start liking him based on appearance. That's just shallow and stupid. He told himself, sighing. But why the hell is my chest so tight? He looked at Yuki again. "Have you found your other half to your Unit yet?" He asked, partially hoping he said no and partially hoping he said yes. He wanted to ask more questions to get to know the boy, but pushed the thought away. Why did he care? He bit his lip and looked at Yuki again. This was so dumb.

Esko stood for a moment, then smiled slightly as he accepted the water. "Thank you..." He then started drinking it. He then felt something besides the buzz: his stomach. He could even hear it roar. "Might as....well go....eat" he managed to get out. At least he could speak in parts. If he was a Fighter, once he found his Sacrifice, he would need to take orders. He would need to learn spells. Well, he would. "Wonder where...food room is...shall we...go...find...it?" His throat was starting to warn him. So was his stomach. No, his stomach was scolding him. Esko waited for...Alice to respond.

"And yes....I new here"

((something is up. Hehe....))

"Nice to meet you Aoko!" Licia beamed, shaking her hand. "Sure, let's go to the cafeteria! I'm starved. You know what I want? Grapes." She said, nodding as they walked. "Grapes are good. So are bananas. A good source of potassium!" She continued with a grin. "My Unit name? It's Soundless. Merek really doesn't talk unless he's with me or the Headmaster, hence the name. I've kinda become his voice, I can read him a lot better than I could before. My dad was thrilled that I had found the other half of my Unit. He said I must introduce him to Merek sometime. Mom on the other hand, wasn't as pleased, and said something about Units being a 'waste of time', but I usually just ignore any negative stuff that comes out of her mouth." Licia told her with a roll of her green eyes. "It's really amazing, being a part of a Unit. It's like, that one person who knows who to make you feel special and important whenever you're around them. Have you found the other half of your Unit yet?" She asked.

-------

Alice smiled. "Ok. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one." She said quietly. She left the room, closing the door behind her and pulling out the paper from earlier. She unfolded it and flipped it to the side with the map. "Umm... let's see, we're right about here. So we need to go... that way." She said, pointing to the left. "I'm dyslexic, so if I say this way or that way, then you know why." She smiled shyly, blushing slightly in embaressment. "It makes me feel dumb - I mean, what kind of idiot doesn't know the difference between left and right?" She asked. Alice wasn't sure why she felt so comfortable around him, but she did. She enjoyed his attention - it made her feel Iimportant and special (because she would never admit that being around him gave her warm fuzzies).

Edited by polaristar

"Nope! I haven't. I hope I do! It'd be bad if I didn't. Ever had a dango?" She didn't think Alicia was native to Japan or at all familiar with It's food. "If not, you have to once we get back to our dorms. After we eat, of course." She didn't even need to look that long before her roommate found her! The semester seemed to be going well, then again, this was only the first day! Maybe she would find her sacrifice this year! " You'll find I'll be eating lots of 'em and all other kinds of sweets, so, tell me if you want any!" She smiled cheerfully and her ears stood straight up. Wow, didn't take much to please her. Just sweets and a friend!

Yuki shook his head. "Nope! But I know I'm a Fighter, so I have to go out and find my Sacrifice. I hope they are nice. It'd really suck if they were mean, yanno? What about you? Have you found yours? Which half of the Unit are you. No wait, lemme guess! Um… You're a… Sacrifice! Or a Fighter! Right? Wait. I dunno." He said, his left ear flopping down on his head like it normally did when he was shy.

Yuki chuckled and fiddled with the cuff of his sleeve again. Gosh, he sounded really dumb now. He hoped Joe didn't think he was stupid. A lot of people thought he was, and it didn't bother him most of the time, but Joe was different. He was just the kinda guy you wanted to impress, and please. Yeah, that was it. He was just that dude.

Joe bit his lip. Yuki's eyes lit up. THAT. WAS. ADORABLE. Yuki wanted to squeal and squish the other boy's face with hugs. He managed to not do that, as it might be a little weird, but he was blissfully unaware his tail was going crazy behind him.

Esko peeked over at the map. "Right. You are....right...about dire..ctions.... That way next" he said, pointing in the next direction. Soon, they reached the dining hall. When he smelled the assortment of food, his stomach demanded food. Rrrrr. "Excuse my tummy." He found all the meat and took a significant amount. "It is free, right...?" He asked Alice. He was short on money, only ten dollar bills from his last few allowances. He sat down with his meal and pulled down his scarf to eat. While he was eating, he accidentally flashed his some of his scar. It was pretty ugly, even the tiny portion that he flashed. He turned to Alice. "So, favorite food?" It was evident that Esko loved meat. He didn't know why he felt comfortable around Alice.

"Do you feel weird? For....some reason...,.....I do..." His throat warned him again.

((Did I accidentally skip ahead a bit and God mod? Sorry if I did.... :0))

((Nope, you didn't, Esko.))

Alice trailed behind Esko as he walked towards an unoccupied table. She saved their spot as he got his food before standing and getting her own - wild rice, some chicken, green beans, and a brownie. She noticed he had a scar - it didn't bother her any, as her brother had multiple scars on his arms from slipping with knives and getting bit by the more unruly dogs and such. She didn't give it a second glance, as if it was the most ordinary thing in the world. "My favorite food?" She asked between bites, taking a drink of water. She smiled slightly. "Chocolate. So like, brownies and such. Though chocolate chip cookies are really good." Her mostly black tail waved behind her as she grew more comfortable with being around Esko. "My grandmother was a really good cook, and she made a book out of all her recipes. She gave a copy to both me and my Mom two Christmases ago. I'll show it to you sometime, if you'd like." She was thoughtful a moment at his question. "Weird how, exactly? Weird as if you're getting sick or weird as in a different type of weird. Cause if that's the case, then I feel it too. I don't warm up to people this easily." She told him. "I feel rather comfortable around you, though. I wonder why that is?"

-------

"A dango? What's a dango? Is it a fruit, like a mango? Mangos are good, have you ever had one before?" Licia asked. "And I hope you find your Sacrifice soon. I know you will!" She said cheerfully. "Sweets? I love sweets? But Mom and Dad never let me have any, and neither does Merek. He says I get much to hyper. He said that one time last semester I actually passed out after a sugar rush and he had to catch me and carry me back to my room. But I don't really remember much from the day he said it happened though. I think there was a bag of gummy worms involved... Hmm, I guess that did happen."

Edited by polaristar

Joe listened as Yuki stumbled over his words and smiled. He got excited so easily. He noticed one of the other boys ears went down and took that as a sign of... Excitement? Embarrassment? Something. "I'm a Sacrifice. I don't really think I'll find my Fighter any time soon, but I don't really mind." It would actually surprise Joe if he found his Fighter this semester, since he didn't talk to many people. Wasn't there supposed to be some sort of connection when you found them? Like a pull or ping? He noticed Yuki's tail wagging excitedly behind him and stifled a laugh. He really did get excited easily. "So, uh, how old are you?" He asked, wanting to smack his forehead. What a stupid question!

"I feel rather comfortable around you, though. I wonder why that is?"

He blushed somewhat rather subtley as he heard that."Hehe. Not a person per...son...huh?" He said, realizing that he had flashed his scar. "Rest of scar is worse." He warned her. He was right. Not that he was comfy enough to show her in public. He remembered that he grabbed two rather large cookies, and after he finished all his regular food, he started eating the cookies. "So, did you....want...to come here?.....I did not..." He said. He probably sounded like his throat was sore, but it was much worse. He didn't want classes to start. He was afraid of if he needed to talk a lot. If the teachers were also ***holes, that would mean bad news.

What does it feel like to find my Sacrifice?

((Thank goodness I didn't God mod. That would have ended badly.))

(((Well this is awkward. I had Skyla interacting with Esko when he knocked on her door. It's too far gone now so not sure why I'm mentioning it)))

Skyla slammed the door when the whiny fellow left and turned back to her new roommate, "well that was pointless. You wanna go get some eats before the cafe fills with freshmen?" she asked, jerking her thumb towards the door, a gesture lost on Shin.

(((weird segway. X.X Not sure where to go from where I left off)))

"HA! No, a dango is not a fruit or a mango (although a mango flavored dango might not be too bad). A dango is a sweet Japanese dumpling made from rice flour. They are similar to mochi which are rice cakes, but not the same. They can be flavored with pretty much anything!" This girl! Hinohara looked at Alicia. "And it's pronounced... more like D-O-N-G-O, or like it's spelled D-A-W-N-G-O instead of how it's really spelled: D-A-N-G-O. See-wait....Hey! I'm taller than you! That makes me happy!" She laughed and began walking towards the food court. " did you seriously pass out? Man, you can count on me giving you TONS of sweets!"

Joe smiled. Yuki exploded inside and outside he just giggled, covering his face and shaking his head, successfully stopping himself from tackle-hugging Joe. He peaked out at Joe from between his fingers and dropped his hands, still giggling a little.

"Oh, me? I'm 16! Wait, yeah. I'm 16. How old are you?" He asked, folding his hands behind his back. "Oh, we should keep walking, or we'll never get to the cafeteria!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shin nodded and set her feet on the floor. Food would be nice.

"And here I was thinking you didn't like me, and now you're asking me to dinner. I'm flattered." She said, smirking.

She grabbed her walking stick, which was hanging from her wrist by a strap and moved out into the hall. Walking a couple steps forward before shouting "I HAVE NO F***ING CLUE WHERE I'M GOING."

Joe felt his cheeks warm when Yuki started giggling. What? What? Had he said something stupid? Oh god, it was asking how old he was, wasn't it? That was stupid. He knew it. He then heard Yuki say he was 16 and blinked. Okay, so he wasn't laughing at the question. Was it something Joe did? It had to be. His smile? Oh God, it was his smile. He looked away from Yuki and covered his mouth. How embarrassing! He wouldn't smile again, he decided. "Uh, I'm 17." He answered, avoiding looking at Yuki. He heard him mention the cafeteria and nodded quickly, staring at the ground. Food. Thats right, they were getting food.

Skyla snagged her runner bag from it's spot hanging on the back of her desk chair and checked it's contents on the way out the door behind her blind roommate. In the hall, she scoffed exaggeratedly at Shin's statement, "Pha! I don't like you but we both still have to eat", She said, bumping the girl with her hip as she caught up, "Besides, If I let you go alone you might get lost and starve to death or something". She would never say it out loud but she was actually happy with Shin as a roommate, so far at least. She wasn't horrible and shared the same general hobby as her. The real test would be once classes start. Skyla tends to be a little irresponsible with classes. Hangovers didn't make good mornings and she just couldn't bring herself to get out of bed for class. Dispite that she kept her grades above failing and stayed below her professor's radar. She found student-professor heart to hearts nauseating.

As the pair walked, she couldn't help notice other students starting to pair up already. On the first day already trying to find their other half? That was like marrying right out of high school. The way Skyla saw it, she didn't want to meet her unit until she felt she could handle herself in battle. She was a good strategist but her professor always told her that she over complicates things and would confuse their fighter. At least she could take a hit, she liked it actually.

As the pair neared the sound of crowd chatter and clanking silverware, Skyla finally spoke up, "So do you have any friends here?" She asked with a hint of jest, "It's just that most people catch up with friends before moving in and you didn't pass go and went right to our room." Skyla grabbed a tray and started picking out things to eat, The reason I ask is becasue I really don't. Burned those bridges before I crossed them. Anyway, Now I have no relation to anyone in this room." She said, looking around and actually reconizing a lot of faces, "Ok I take that back but a lot of theses faces wouldn't be very happy to see mine. For some reason or another."

Licia giggled. "Yeah, Merek was pretty upset with me because he specifically told me that I could have only 1 piece of cake. But he wasn't paying attention so I ended up having five slices and three cookies." She brightened at the girl's promise. "Mer isn't gonna be very happy. He always ends up keeping one eye on me because I tend to get distracted and wander off, or start randomlytalking about hedgehogs. Speaking of hhedgehogs, I got in big trouble when I took in a baby hedgehog last summer. I thought Mom was gonna have a heart attack. She was like, really mad. Dad really didn't care, but I still got grounded for two weeks." She pouted as they entered the cafeteria.

--------

Alice giggled slightly. "Nope, not a people person. Most just think I'm rude or snobby cause I never talk to them." Her face dropped as she said that. "It just hurts cause they don't understand it's nothing like that and I'm just too terrified to talk to them. I guess that's why Mom sent me here, to get some social interaction and find the other half of my Unit. You shoulda heard the argument we had when I found out." She listened as he talked. He was ashamed of his scar, it seemed. Shd took it upon herself to make him feel better. "I have scars too, see?" She rolled up her right sleeve to her elbow, showing bite marks that came from what seemed to be a dog. "This came from Ranger. Not a vampire bite." She chuckled. "We had to put him down because he was a little messed up in the head." She pulled her sleeve back down and showed him three parallel scratches on her left wrist. "These came from Thompson - grumpy old cat, but the best mouser the farm ever saw." She recalled with a chuckle. "My brother has scars too, mostly from Ranger and Thompson. They both seemed to hate him - it was kinda amusing, actually. Wrapping his arm in bandages became a regular occurance when he was trying to train Ranger." With a roll of her eyes, Alice picked up her brownie and proceeded to eat it. "That was pretty good. Exceeded my expectation of what lunchroom food would be like."

Shin smiled, and followed Skyla to the Cafeteria. She loaded her tray up with whatever junk they were serving and sat down beside the other girl. Shin had already begun diving into her food when Skyla had asked her a question. Could she not see that she was already busy eating? She held up her hand, finishing chewing her bite before replying.

"I am TRYING to eat. I can't deal with your friendless emo s*** right now." She said, before taking another bite.

After she finished that bite she replied more seriously. "I have a couple, or had, now they're all obsessed with their Units. It was a f***ass move. THAT MEANS YOU, STEVE CARLSBURG."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After Yuki and Joe had gotten their food, Yuki sat down across from Joe, his tail still swishing back and forth.

"Hey, Joey. Do you mind if I call you that?" He asked.

Yuki didn't know what was the matter, Joe had seemed fine until a few moments ago, then he started averting his eyes and looking sad again. His ears twitched as he bit into his apple. He did not take his eyes of Joe except once to look around.

Esko chuckled as Alice spoke. "Yes yes very nice. If they......have me stay.....it better be good food ACK" he felt his throat hurt. He rubbed the area lightly, then offered a bit of his cookie to her. "Cookie for brownie?" He asked, holding out the piece. "My Mom clean freak......she sent me here......so I could in.....teract with others. HA!" He laughed before taking another rest. "Like I can with....bad vocal cords. So,.....why do you.......think you have....warmed up to me? Any ideas?"

Esko's tail accidentally hit Alice's.

((Sorry for short post. Sister is rushing me off the iPad. So annoying -.- ))

Joe stared at his food, pushing a meatball around slowly. He felt anxious now. He had to watch his expressions, if he was going to be talking to Yuki. He didn't want him to laugh at him. That was just terrible. He looked up as Yuki said Joey and felt his hands get sweaty. Joey. He hated that name. He frowned and stabbed his meatball, taking a bite of it. He chewed slowly and sighed. "I hate that name. Joey." He muttered, cutting his noodles apart. He remained silent for a while then looked at Yuki. "Sorry. I'm boring. I'll just leave." He said, standing. He grabbed his tray and moved towards the trashcan, dumping the remainder of his food in it. He looked back towards Yuki and sighed, then turned and walked out of the cafeteria.

Alice huffed, rolling her eyes. "They won't send you away." She said, her voice laced with certainty. "I think you're just not that confident in yourself. And people need to just give you a chance. Like Robby - my big brother - always told me, if they ignore you cause they're different, then they're jerks." She grinned at his question. "Sure!" She broke off a piece of the brownie she hadn't touched yet and traded it for part of his cookie. "As for why that is... I dunno. But I won't complain, cause I like you. You're nice." She said with a smile. Her tail brushed against Esko's and she flicked it lightly with her tail, grinning, and trying to ignore how nice it felt to have someone other than her family touch her - even if it was on accident. "So since you can't talk to much, do you wanna hear about my life before I came here and give your vocal cords a rest?"

((It's fine tongue.gif I know the feeling dry.gif ))

Yuki blinked, watching as Joe walked off, his mouth full of apple. Oh no, what had he done. His ears drooped and his eyes wen wide, he picked up his tray, apple still in his mouth, and dumped his food in the trashcan, running after Joe.

"I shorr-he! I deh-he men to uh-het ooh!" He said, he'd completely forgotten about the apple. He took the fruit out of his mouth and repeated his statement. "I'm sorry! I didn't mean to upset you! I promise not to call you Joey ever again! I'll call you Joe, or Joe-chan!"

He didn't mean to, but his puppy-dog eyes had been activated, maximizing his cuteness by roughly 84 points.

(((Nightvale)))

"One: censorkip.gif you. Two: It's not friendless emo bull****, It was a statement of a fact to make conversation. You know conversation, right. The thing human beings do with one another to build relationships" She shot back over her tray of assorted cafe food. She pushed her food around in a manner much like moping, "Yeah I know the feels. Everyone I knew from first semester is obsessed with their units. You know, this unit censorkip.gif really tears friends groups apart and it's not even the school system's fault. It's the students involved. I mean look around" She said, motioning to the students that were collecting into pairs all over the cafeteria and forgetting Shin was blind and could not look around, "Well...you know what I meant. No one forms friends groups anymore in this school. Everyone gravitates towards their Unit and gets sucked in to a void of predictability. I'm telling you Shin, people our age are getting boring"

When she first got to this school there were plenty of people to hang out with. since Skyla had drugs and good music in her room, it was often a hazy cloud of giggly people. There was never a shortage of boys (or girls) to consort with in the late hours of the night. Plus, there were lots of people throwing parties on campus where there was always something to do on the weekends. Now it was like living with a bunch of nuns. She watched people give each other googly eyes from opposite sides of the table and follow each other around like lost puppies and suddenly didn't want to eat anymore.

Joe jumped when Yuki called after him and turned around. Why was he following him? Didn't he think he was boring? "Wha–" Joe was caught off guard by Yuki's puppy dog eyes and bit his lip. He looked down the hallway and frowned when he saw people were looking at them. "Okay, okay." He held his hands up to calm Yuki down. "Wait, Joe-chan?" He asked, looking to the side. "Why -chan? Isn't that kind of, uh... You know." He muttered, looking at Yuki.

"Why did you follow me anyways? I mean, I am boring and I just left suddenly..." He trailed off and sighed. Seriously, why had Yuki followed him? He didn't get it.

((You have a sis too? *gives polaristar a high five* older or younger? Mine is older))

"Many don't like me......cuz I cant......talk very well...so I don't...talk..." Esko's look grew sad as he said that. His face brightened up when Alice offered to let him give his vocal cords a rest. "Sure. I listen" he batted his tail back at hers. It seemed like it would grow into a game. He prepared himself to listen as he nomed on the piece of brownie.

((Don't have much to say. Gotta wait for Alice to tell about herself. Seems like they are starting to get attracted...or is that me? :3 ))

((YESSSSSSsssssssssssssssssssssss))

Shin frowned. She could definitely SEE what Skyla meant. This was getting pretty old, and Shin was tired of having to make friends with the new recruits. They were always so clueless. It was annoying. She continued eating. Eating and thinking. Once she'd finished she wiped her mouth on a napkin and stood up.

"It's kind of ironic. We come here to form bonds, but end up cutting all ties with everyone except like, one person. And I get that a lot of people only need one person, but in my opinion, having only one friend would get boring as f***. "

She sighed, grinding her walking stick into her own foot. "Are you done eating because I'm getting bored and I can't find my way back to the dorm alone."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Kind of what? And I don't think you are boring at all! I think you are just a little sad. You should smile. I like your smile. I mean, you don't have too, but I think it's very nice!" He said, smiling again. His tail swishing back and forth like a window wiper.

He watched Joe expectantly. Why didn't this boy smile? Why was he always so sad?

"Are you sad?" He asked, softer, leaning down to interrupt Joe's view of the floor with his face. "It's okay, you can tell me. I'll keep it a secret, I promise!"

The urge, to strong. Joe's face, to sad. Yuki's arms, so empty. Yuki's arms, suddenly full of Joe's body, which he was hugging.

"Shhhhh, don't be sad, Joe-chan!"

Edited by chicbecause

((Younger brother. I'm the oldest.))

Alice frowned. "Well then they're idiots." She said with an air of finality. "Well let's see..." She mumbled, wondering where to start. "Well I grew up on a farm. I have an older brother named Robert, but I call him Robby. Dad, Robby, and I would often go hunting, and so Robby trained the dogs. We have 4 horses - mine's name is Wanderer. We also have chickens and goats, and Mom and Dad would breed our dogs and sell the pups. When we were younger, Robby and I would fish in the brooke near our house. Once in a while, Dad would take us camping on our land, it was really fun. As I already mentioned we have a cat named Thompson, and another named Hogan." She paused, thinking. "There's not that much to tell, really." She said, her ear flicking. Her tail idly batted Esko's tail as she talked. "Oh! And we'd have movie night every Friday night." She said. "I can't think of much else right now..." She murmured. "Here, I'll take your tray." She grabbed his and her tray and carefully made her way to the trashcan before hurrying back. "Ugh. People." She mumbled, looking slightly uncomfortable.

((Well she likes him as a friend, and trusts him for the most part. But she really wouldn't know that she had feelings for him until later as she ddoesn't have experience with dating - or friends in general.))

Edited by polaristar