chicbecause

Seven Voices Academy

Edward stretched out on his bed atop its thin blankets, staring intently at the black leatherbound book in his hands. The tall silver letters on the front stated rather eloquently that it was 'The Complete Collection of SHERLOCK HOLMES' with an illustration of a tobacco pipe below it. He appeared to be little over halfway through it and was currently engrossed in its pages. His ears were poised attentively forward and his tail lightly tapped the mattress below him. Edward's ears flicked in response to the commotion outside, but he was determined not to be bothered by any of the antics posed by the other students (what he would give for a moment of silence around here). He sighed, giving the dorm's locked door an irritated glance before turning his piercing gaze back to his book.

Medora strolled down the hall, passing a dorm, where she heard very unpleasant screaming. Well, yelling and screaming. She frowned slightly, hearing the words the girl screaming was saying. This school is weird. Loud laughs were down the hall she came from. She sighed. The knot of rope she had was well used. She'd been tying knots, undoing them, tying, and undoing them again for the past 2 days. She doubted she stopped in her sleep. Passing another room, which reeked of old socks, and burning rubber. They really needed more rules here, in this particular hall, because everything she passed seemed out of order or worse. She could see why the teacher didn't want to go down the dorm hall. She had an hour to get her bedroom set up.

Then she was told to go to the teacher hall, and get her schedule set up too.

She was happy she didn't have somebody pestering her when she was setting up her room. She spotted her room number. Opening the door she noticed one thing. It was clean. Really clean. Which made her happy. She started taking her things out, after picking the best side of the room. It's alright, Med thought. Her roommate would never know she got the best side of the room.

Edited by Medora_HS

"Umm...wash my hands." She looked at him with an almost confused expression.

"But I'm not sure if the gross rubber thing with an open circular end and unidentified white goo has anything to do with what we want to do after we finish cleaning and- of coarse- washing our hands..." Hinohara felt something, like someone gently brushing the fur on her tail from the bottom up rather than the top down. She quickly turned around and grabbed her own tail, looking first at it then for whatever had caused the strange sensation.

No, there's nothing there, girl. Turn and continue helping your friend.

"Hmm?" she turned her gaze back to her new friend when he commented on the state of the rubber slime-covered tube which he described as groooooss.

"Oh, yeah. It is pretty nasty." She picked up several pieces of trash and dropped them in the trash bag she had been trailing behind her. She had just turned around when she heard something. Glancing over her shoulder to see what it was, she saw her friends head jerked suddenly upwards with a very surprised or startled look. It seemed to fade after a second so she decided not to worry. Good, just continue cleaning. She felt it again, this time it caused goose bumps on her arms and sent a shiver down her spine. Again, Aoko grabbed at her tail. Not even bothering to look at it this time, instead she looked straight at the blue-haired boy, expressionless.

What are you doing? Turn and continue cleaning as you were previously instructed to do. You have no reason to look at him the way you currently are! Aoko turned back to the mess in front of her and continued cleaning up the seemingly endless piles of trash scattered about the room.

( Just so we all know that Aoko isn't crazy and hearing voices in her head that are telling her what to do (other than her own thoughts) she simply thinks as if she is someone else talking to her ie: "Goodness, girl! If you keep eating at this rate, you won't have any dango left or yen to buy more!". )

Edited by elpdraws

Tulvir looked over at Aoko, who seemed to be feeling something. At least, that is how it looked. "H-Hey, is something the matter?" He asked, curious. He cocked his head to the side. He hoped everything was okay. Everything should be okay. Was she feeling weird stuff like he was?

Suddenly, something on his belly irratated him. It was... itchy. He scratched it and continued to clean.

((I am gonna just dorm Robert with Tulvir because whatever. If anybody wants to switch around, please let me know))

Robert strode down the halls with his things. He didn't have too much. Where was that damn room? Despite having only one bag, and not much stuff, it was HEAVY. The kid grunted. He never wanted to be here. Who gave a censorkip.gif as to whether or not he met his Fighter. At least he would be the one giving commands. He hoped he would at least get an obedient fighter who pays attention.

He found his dorm. There were noises inside, like people were...talking. Might as well stand outside for a few minutes before going in. After all, he didn't want to disturb the 'maids' in their work. He took out his phone and played a few games.

((Feel free to bump into him))

After she finished putting everything away, she decided to wander around. Looking out the door she spotted someone. Closing the door, she drifted down the hall. Trying not to look at the person directly, Med started fidgeting with the rope in her hands as she walked down the hall. (So short uou)

"Everything's fine. Your room smells bad but other than that.... everything's fine." Aoko smiled, ignoring the sudden pain in her chest. It felt like something was scorching her skin, like she was being branded. No, everything didn't seem fine. No. It seemed like Tulvir saw it too, something was off. She continued picking up trash when she heard footsteps outside of the door and saw a slight shadow under it. "Hey, who at the door? You don't have any roommates, right?" She proceeded to walk over to and open the door. "Umm... hi...?" She looked up and own the hall. "This your dorm?"

Tulvir nodded. "Smells like that thing looked. Grooooss." He got a can of air spray and sprayed it everywhere. "That smells better already." He shook his head. "Somebody at the door?" He stood at the other side of the door and saw a grey haired kid with a black undercut playing on a phone.

Robert looked up to see a blue haired kid and a purple haired kid standing at the door. With ears. "I was told to go to this room, but it seems two people are here already. Tha-"

"We must be roommates then! She is a friend who helped me clean!" The blue haired kid gestured to the girl, jumping up and down. Is he gay? Rob hoped he wouldn't be in the same room as a gay. Not that he was a homaphobe, he just didn't want a boy having a crush on him. He stood up. "Then I guess we need to get to know each other. My name's Robert."

"Tulvir Derishin! Nice to meet you! Get settled right in, even though I still need to.. Teehee."The kid giggled. Rob rolled his eyes. Was this gonna be SO fun.

"Besides, they don't let guys and girls be roommates!" She smiled.

"I'm Hinohara." The young girl held out her hand for the older boy to shake. She could see that Robert wasn't especially fond of such boundless energy. The purple haired girl tried to tone it down a little to make this Rob guy more comfortable, it's not like it did much but she tried, nonetheless. She took note of his spiked white and black hair and his rather unfriendly demeanor. His hair reminded her of Hatsuharu Sohma from Fruits Basket.

"Hey, did you dye your hair or is that natural? If you don't mind me asking."

((My sis read the whole series! And spoiled the whole thing waaay before she got to the end xd.png

I tried. Sadly, never finished the first book :3 ))

Rob looked at her. She was also full of energy, like the boy. "Natural." He grunted, starting to form a glare. Tulvir backed away a bit. Rob snorted. "Now that the room is cleaned, I wil be putting my stuff in. Outta my way." He walked past the both of them. Then he set down his stuff and started unpacking.

Tulvir shivered a bit. This guy was scaRY! He backed away a bit more. "He sure is mad, huh?" He whispered. That guy reminded him of HatsuHaru Sohma from Fruits Basket. Maybe the Black Haru side. Yeah, that made sense. The mention of the anime/manga brought a memory of reading manga books in Summertime while hanging upside down in a tree. Ahh, so fun!

((Imagine if all the characters got together in one group LOL!))

"Hmm.." she nodded, he'd begun glaring at her. In response to this, her smile quickly faded and she also changed her expression to mirror his, not in a mocking way but it certainly gave the air around her a tense, uncomfortable feeling. Despite her small size, an angered Aoko Hinohara was certainly a force to be reckoned with and she wouldn't cower and hide just because someone thought they could scare her with an unfriendly face and cold attitude. "Actually, it's not clean. But if you would like to finish up, I wouldn't mind helping so long as you ask." Her tone was cute but seemingly more mature and serious than usual. How absolutely boorish of him! Her tail flickered from side to side as if agitated and her ears stood straight up. Tulvir, the poor boy has to live with him all year. Hopefully he'll reveal a lighter attitude later on. But, as far as first impressions go, he really screwed up.

Robert almost snorted. This girl was trying to glare back?! He almost laughed. "Finish up? Looks like you already had it covered." He said, getting back to unpacking. He wasn't fond of these people.

This guy wasn't being nice! Tulvir shifted uncomfortably. He was going to live with this guy all year long, Huh? "You know, that isn't a good way to make first impressions?"

"Oh, really? Whatever."

Tulvir sighed. Was this gonna be fun. Well, at least he made a friend.

((Ok, I'm just going to go ahead and introduce Erik now - Link to his form))

Alice was about to put in the movie when she heard Yuki screaming about naked people. She snorted, an impish grin on her face. Poor Yuki. It shouldn't be funny, but... it was. Not long after the screaming stopped and She grabbed some extra blankets from the closet. "Esko, I'll set these out on the floor, grab those pillows please!" She said sweetly, spreading out the blankets in front of the TV. "Ok. We can start whenever you're ready." She told him, sitting down and getting comfortable, wrapping a blanket around her. "Turn off the lights, would ya?"

---------

((K guys, here's Erik's current outfit, except for he's not wearing the hat or the glasses))

Erik walked through the near empty halls on the way back to his dorm. He wasn't sure if it was a blessing or a curse to have a room to himself - on the plus side, he'd get privacy, but on the downside he wouldn't be able to form a pretty good friendship with someone. He shoved his hands in his jacket as he jogged to his room, opened it, and shut the door before taking off his scarf and jacket and putting them in the closet, leaving him with only a white t-shirt - not that he minded, as the cold didn't really bother him. He kicked off his shoes and flicked on the TV, putting in a disc of Sherlock ((Couldn't help myself guyz tongue.gif)) and flopping down on the bed, absentmindedly watching the show. It was so much more fun to watch with company, in his opinion. He jumped slightly when a kid started screaming - he was quite sure it was Yuki - about naked people doing stuff. He started laughing quite hard and ended up falling out of his bed with a loud thud due to his size and an oomph of surprise. "This bed's too small." He grumbled, climbing to his feet and brushing imaginary dirt off himself before throwing himself back onto the bed - only to miscalculate and hit the edge and fall to the floor again. "Gaaahh..." He groaned irritably, glaring at the bed. "Forget the bed." He grabbed a pillow and laid down on the floor. "I'll just use the floor. It's bigger."

Esko nodded. He grabbed the pillows, turned off the lights, and sat down. He watched intently. It has been a year or two since he last watched it. He looked around. No more screams, no more laughter...all good. His tail fluffed. He bat his tail with hers once again. This really was a big game, wasn't it? He kept watching. Cool.

It didn't take a genius to see the discomfort in the three students.

One seemed to reek of exasperation.

The other took the appearance of apprehension.

And the third burned hot and cold like a mixture of angst and frustration.

She began widening the swaying of her tail.

"Hey, Tulvir." She felt reluctant to give Rob what he wanted but she realized that it seemed to be in everyone's best interests and although he didn't seem to filter his speech and Tulvir was rather blunt, she doubted anyone would actually initiate it if she didn't.

"Introductions are over so you need to come pick out which Arata: Kangatari books you haven't read yet, since you don't have any yen. Remember?"

Her long lavender tail flicked her blue haired friends ankle. If he's a bad actor, I swear, you will die of embarrassment.

" Besides, I want anko dango !" She tugged on his arm.

((The sight of those dango make me drool))

Tulvir looked. Huh? "I-I never read those books..." But he saw the look in her eyes. "But I would certainly look at it! C'mon! Oh, more dango? Awesome!" He walked with her. When they were out of earshot, he looked at her. "One roommate, Huh?"

Ugh. Finally gone. Rob could relax. He sat down and stated playing on his phone. Why he was sent here, nobody knows. Some say it was for his anger, others say it was so he could make friends. Nope. Not interested in any form of relationship unless it had him giving orders.

Edited by Esko_the_Wolf

(typical of you. xd.png)

She opened the door to her dorm . Licia didn't seem to be inside so she could uncover her top secret stash of dango.

"I promise, if things don't lighten up with you two, I'll ask to go shopping and hang out as much as I can!" Her voice had returned to normal.

"How could someone be so rude?!" She reached under her bed and pulled out a small chest.

"Oh, well. It never helps to dwell on things, ya' know?" she proceeded to open the chest and remove around 73 folded paper cranes, 5 volumes of Pandora Hearts, and three small, 6x7 boxes. Opening one, she revealed a full set of anko dango, just waiting to be eaten. There was one paper crane inside the box which the blue child quickly brushed away.

" I wasn't lying about the dango part, but I don't remember where I put my Arata: Kangatari books....not that you read them." She smiled, placing the box on the bed in front of her.

"Help yourself!" She said cheerily as she tried to put the chest back under her bed, which was also overflowing with folded paper cranes.

Edited by elpdraws

((Whaddya mean by that?))

Tuvir sighed. "Don't know why he is so nasty." He sat down next to her. "I swear, that Robert guy reminds me of HatsuHaru Sohma from Fruits Basket." He said, nibbling on a dango. "Hehee, that also reminds me of hanging upside down in trees while reading books in the summer. When my tail was still long and fluffy, I would brush the tops of my friend's heads while reading. Oh, I am just gonna stop rambling about my past." He chuckled while eating the second dango on the stick. He would be able to eat these all the time in Japan! He looked at all the paper cranes. "Does the mass of paper cranes hide your dango stash?"

After walking down the hall again, to go back to her room, she smiled to herself.

It was so quiet. Well, reasonably quiet for a hall full of people. Med opened her dorm, and collapsed on the bed. She wasn't tired at all. She should be asleep right now. The nervousness of everything today just made it impossible to sleep. She got butterflies in her stomach thinking about the fact she had to introduce herself tomorrow. She'd been setting the thought aside the past few hours, so she wouldn't worry so much. What if she tripped, or stuttered, or said her name was something else? She sat up, and turned her lamp light on. It lit up the room dimly. She grabbed a book she'd read several times. It would keep herself quiet for some time. She set the book down. No, that wouldn't work. She would definitely mess up her introduction to everyone if she didn't plan it all out. She grabbed her stuffed animal, a small floppy black cat she called Tea, and held it as she paced the room. She muttered quietly to herself reciting what she would say.

The next hour or so ended up useless, and she still felt like she would ruin it all.

Then she decided she wouldn't say anything except, "I'm Medora Heartstrings, and it's a pleasure to meet you all." She practiced talking louder, since she normally was quiet. Then with the pleasure she knew what she would say, she fell asleep with Tea. (There, I made this post long to make up for it being short last time. xd.png)

Joe listened as Yuki apologized for screaming and sighed. It's okay, it was kind of a freaky thing. He wanted to say. He didn't though, and only frowned when Yuki pulled a blanket over his head and crouched on his bed. He took the DVD out of the player and put it back in the case, looking back over at Yuki while he shelved the DVD again. "Wait, don't keep it. No no, throw it away." He whispered, tossing the DVD towards his trashcan. He missed and heard it bounce off the can. He bit his lip to hold back a snicker and looked back towards the cat earred boy. He then approached the bed and touched the blanket, having no idea what part of Yuki he was actually touching. "Hey, I'm really sorry for getting upset. You don't have to hide though. I just got stressed. I kind of get stressed easily. Like, you know, the other day when you hugged me. I just got stressed." He wanted to add that he didn't like hugs, but decided against it. "And that DVD was definitely not mine. My old roommate loved things like that. Although I don't know why it was two guys doing it..." He rubbed the back of his neck and moved to sit on the bed, next to the balled up Yuki. He stared at the blanket Yuki was hiding under and pressed his lips together, grabbing the blanket and pulling it down to see Yuki's face. "I'm not mad at you, Chan. I'm kind of wondering what everyone will be saying tomorrow though." He tried to smile reassuringly, but thought he looked like an idiot and looked across the room.

~~

Kyou couldn't help but feel irritated at the squeaky wheeles their suitcase had. As they rolled the luggage around, the wheels only squeaked louder and louder. They remembered the brief conversation they had with the secretary in the office when they arrived at school and looked at the room numbers. Where was their room? They rolled their eyes when they heard someone screaming and someone laughing. What the hell was going on? They quickly decided that they didn't actually care and hurried down the hallway, looking down a hallway when they passed it. No, those numbers don't match the number the lady gave me. They then looked to the left and saw their room number, and moved towards the door.

They paused when they stood before the door and listened for any noise inside to tell them someone was in there. They heard nothing and then turned the door handle, relieved when it clicked and opened up. They peeked inside to make sure no one was in and pulled their suitcase with them, looking around the room to see what side their roommate had claimed. They tossed their suitcase on the floor by the empty side of the room and slid their shoes off, stretching.

"How should I greet my roommate when I meet them?" They wondered aloud, looking to the side of the room that belonged to the other person. It looked neat and organized, which was good. "Maybe I'll just use a different name. Hm... I wonder how they'd like it if I had a girls name." They then looked towards the window and frowned when they saw the blinds closed. "Whatever." They whispered, sitting on the bed and pulling their phone out of their pocket. "How stupid. I have a phone and no one even has my number. How would my family even contact me if something happened to one of them?" They questioned the air, looking towards the floor. Their eyebrows furrowed and they sighed, falling back against the bed and tossing their phone on the pillow. "How stupid indeed." They muttered, their eyes examing the ceiling.

((Sorry for the filler. It's temporary))

Edward looked up again, his ears twitching in annoyance. With as much patience as he could muster, the black-haired teen quietly closed his book, made note of his page, and set the heavy black hardback to the side of his pillow. His dorm was properly tidied: quiet, everything in its place, everything having a purpose, the room orderly and in a silent arrangement that would please anyone who entered. It was tranquil. However, the students outside OBVIOUSLY could not grasp such a simple concept mirrored around him. His tail rested stiffly between his legs as he trained his eyes on the wooden door. Was it allowed in school policy for him to soundproof his room? That was something he'd have to look into the next open moment he had. In the mean time... Edward rose, going to the door and unlocking it with a heavy clunk as the mechanisms slid out of the way. He flung open the door inwards, leaning forward until his head just barely protruded into the hallway. There were students milling about, a lot of door noises, talking, (less of that giggling and screaming from earlier, thank God, but some rowdiness was still going on in the surrounding rooms). He contemplated an yelling irritably at everyone to be quiet, but he eventually decided against it "Damn it" he sighed, closing his door.

Black shadows danced along the walls and whispered words forbidden to anyone.

She stumbled around in the darkness, trying to complete her thoughts separately, but they all seemed to run together and break off in silence. The voice in her head was overbearing. It whispered over and over again for her to lie down and fall asleep. But somehow she knew if she did, she would never wake again. So she stood there, still as possible, scared to death. Then a voice that sounded as if someone was scraping a floor with a knife was echoing along the walls. It whispered 'Medora. . . We missed you. . . Come closer. . . Let me . . . Let me see your face. . . You're too far away. . . Come closer. . .' She felt herself moving, without lifting her feet, and the floor shifted, so she was face to face with a gaunt bloody face.

Medora woke herself up with her own screaming.

She had sweat on her forehead, and she kept thinking that it wasn't a dream. But she knew it was. It seemed too real though. She pulled her stuffed cat close, and waited to see if anyone or anything would appear out of know where and attack her.

Edited by Medora_HS

Esko laid down beside Alice and she began to watch along with him. Besides Tony Stark, her favorite superhero had to be Steve Rogers. She curled up against Esko, with the reasoning that they were a Unit, and laid her head on his chest, watching. She had seen the Avengers more times than she could count, and could quote the lines alongside the characters. Because of this, she didn't have to put her complete attention on the movie, instead choosing to ponder her relationship with Esko - or, more appropriately, the fact that she and him were a Unit and that she was starting to gain some sort of feelings for him. She hadn't ever really liked a guy before, other than a boy who went to her church, but he had moved away before she actually had gotten a chance to investigate her feelings. With a quiet sigh, Alice felt her eyes get heavy as Esko's heartbeat soothed her into sleep.

((D'aaawww. If anyone was wondering, I actually can quote the Avengers movie alongside the characters. Pathetic, I know, but it's like my favorite movie of all time. Anyways, when do you want Erik and Shin to meet, Chic?))

((Watched Avengers a bunch of times. And watched my sis marvel Captain America's butt shots -.-))

Esko enjoyed the movie. One of his favorite moments was Stark's face off with Thor and the Shakespeare in the park thing. Doth mother know you wearith her drapes? He loved that.

His ears perked up and he looked up when she laid her head on his chest. Was was this...feeling? Maybe it was because of their growing bond as a Unit. But...was there something...else? He never knew the feeling of having a crush, since he never bothered. Was this that? He had no idea. He was a total stranger to these feelings. What did he do? Just keep watching. He kept his eyes open, but he could feel them getting heavy.

((DAAAAAAWWWWWWW!!!!!!! Though that is pretty cool that you can do that. o3o ))

She felt the room was enclosing her, and she had fear prickling all over her. She had to get out of here. NOW. She commanded her body to move. It became a sort of game. Lift that hand Medora. Drink that tea Medora. Don't be scared Medora. She did commands like these all the time. She commanded herself as loud as she dared.

"Get off the bed, Medora. Pick up your stuffed animal, Medora. Walk over to the door, Medora." She said, and did the commands trying to be calm.

She opened the door, and held her cat. Somehow when she got in the hall it wasn't as scary. She pulled her knees to her chest, and sat there, three feet from the door, on the floor. She was really tired. Slowly, her fear dissipated and she fell asleep leaning against the wall in the hallway.

(So when is it going to be tomarrow in the RP? It seems like forever ;-; )

Edited by Medora_HS

((Do not rush things. If you want to brainstorm how Medora meets Rob, feel free))