chicbecause

Seven Voices Academy

Aoko jumped at the sudden entrance of a girl whom she would soon come to know as Licia. Like, very soon. She smiled sweetly and was about to introduce herself ( Licia had already finished her own introduction) but was cut off right around " Hi! My name's Ao-". Who was Merek? He must have been someone Aoko had neglected to befriend last semester. " Ok, then." Licia was, of course, already gone once she had said this but Aoko didn't really care. She popped the green tea flavored dango ( it's the last one on the stick) into her mouth and grabbed another stick from the box she had opened. The sakura flavored dango was her favorite. " Welp. This semester certainly won't be boring..." She proceeded to unpack all her belongings and put them away on what she had claimed as her side of the room. Once that was done, she laid down on her bed, facing the ceiling, dreaming of what weird and possibly delicious foods (preferably sweets) she would try. All the while, waving her tail back and forth so it kept hitting her feet. After a while, she got up and left her room, once again working on getting through the overcrowded hallway.

Joe watched as the boy who had crashed into him made conversation with the black haired boy who had opened the door. They seemed to be friends. He looked down the hallway and at his door, hoping there wouldn't be anyone in his room when he got back. He saw Kade walk away and waited for him to finish shouting something, then looked at Yuki. "Uh, hi. I just wanted to ask you and your roommate to be quiet since I'm next door." He gestured with his thumb and then looked back at the boy who was sitting on his bed. "Although I don't really think it'll be much of a problem." He mumbled, sensing that the roommate wasn't much of a party-goer. He took note that the three people he had seen still had their ears and started feeling self-conscious. "Well, that's all. I'm gonna go. I guess." He frowned and moved away from the door, then realized he hadn't introduced himself. He turned back towards Yuki. "I'm Joe... Moriyama. Bye." He muttered, quickly zigzagging his way through the crowded hallway. He reached his door in a matter of seconds and twisted the doorknob, peeking inside before stepping in. This semester really was going to be full of rambunctious people.

((i drew Joe))

((Esko... Soundless is already a completed Unit with Light's character Merek and my character Alicia. You'll need to change his Unit name or something.

And Chic, can I like do some serious editing to Kade's form as it seems we're low on Sacrifices and I'd like to play a girl instead... would that be alright?))

Edited by polaristar

((Esko, I can't currently accept because Soundless is a completed unit already. Also, you are aware Spell Battles are spoken, and the fighter is the one doing the speaking. The sacrifice doesn't have to talk as long as the Fighter knows what the Sacrifice wants him, to do.

Polaristar, I'd prefer if you just made a new character instead, but if you don't think you can handle it, or just really want to change Kade, then sure, but I'd ask that you repost it as a new form instead of edit the old one.

UHg. Gotta make changes to the OP. Maybe I should make an OOC thread?))

((Okay. So Soundless is complete. Before I edit, I need to have a list of incomplete units. Also, an OCC thread would be awesome! ))

((Ok. Chic, could you remove Kade from my characters? I will add a female Sacrifice later, if you want it to be your Sacrifice, Esko, then that's fine. And incomplete units are on the first post.))

(UNITS (IN ORDER OF COMPLETION)

- TRUSTLESS

INCOMPLETE UNITS(IN ORDER OF CREATION)

- SIGHTLESS (SACRIFICE)

- LIFELESS (FIGHTER)

- DEATHLESS (FIGHTER)

- SHAMELESS (SACRIFICE)

- HEARTLESS (FIGHTER)

- SOUNDLESS (FIGHTER)

)

((

NAME: Alice Holmes

UNIT NAME: Talkless

SEX: Female

SEXUAL ORIENTATION: Straight

APPEARANCE: Alice is small and slim at 5'3".

EAR/TAIL DESCRIPTION: Her ears and tail are iridescent gray, and look like a cheetah's.

FIGHTER/SACRIFICE: Sacrifice

PERSONALITY: Friendly, but quiet, and really, REALLY shy.

OTHER:

Phew. Done.))

Edited by polaristar

((Hey you still need to remove Deathless from available Units, though. And I'll post once Light (or Esko, if he chooses to use Alice as his Sacrifice) responds.))

((I'll use Alice as my Sacrifice, sure! I would love that. So, I'm accepted that way?))

((I didn't realize how similar the names of my chars were 'till I looked at the forms side-by-side xd.png lol

Hmm... I think we need an OOC thread tongue.gif))

Edited by polaristar

((I'd say an OOC would really help stuff.))

Ugh, was everybody so cheerful and social around here? Cyrus's lip curled downwards into a frown at the outside noise. He just wanted to collect himself, but the whole place was chaos! Sighing, the teen's gaze drifted to Yuki. "I have some questions about Units. tell me everything you know about them." He deadpanned. It was much easier if he just heard everything his roommate had to say about the topic. It could answer his questions, and easily teach him more than what he was wondering. "Until recently, I knew nothing about them, so any bit of information would help." Although Cyrus's expression softened and voice grew kinder, there was no real kindness behind it. It was just an act he was far too used to putting on. "And before you start getting upset at the fact I'm not friendly, you should read this." The teen stood and picked up the binder he had been holding earlier. Sliding one of the papers from the front pocket, he extended it to Yuki.

Hello

This is my son, Cyrus. He has recently been diagnosed with Manic Sociopathy. If you're unsure what this entails, please read the description below:

Sociopathy, or Antisocial Personality disorder is the lack of empathy in a person. It's really that simple. That doesn't mean a sociopath doesn't care about someone, it's just hard to develop relationships and relationships are often unwanted. Most emotions others feel, such as joy and love, are usually shallowly experienced, if it is even felt. Sociopaths are often manipulative, so do be on the watch for any such behaviors.

The "manic" part of Manic Sociopathy refers to Manic Depression, or Bipolar Disorder. Though, with the combination of Sociopathy, there are rarely "highs" and "lows" as there are just "lows" and "functional behavior". For Cyrus, these lows are usually acts of violence. Do be careful, and contact for help immediately if he does act out in violence.

Thank you,

Wallace Lanham.

((jeez, that took a lot of research.))

Yuki blinked, a little dazed, as Joe and Kade fled. He was about to go run after Joe, when Cyrus asked him about Units and handed him a letter, which he read.

"Oh, okay." He said, handing the letter back to Cyrus with a smile. "Hmm, well, I don't really know a LOT about Units, you'd have to ask the Headmaster, or maybe Shin. She knows a lot. But I'll tell you what I do know.

"Units are comprised of two people that share the same name, it's basically your 'true name' and kinda defines you or your destiny. Units battle each other in Spell Battles where the fighter fights and the Sacrifice takes the damage, which takes form in bonds and restrictions, but they can also inflict actual physical damage like cuts and pain and stuff. Sacrifices also order the Fighter around. Fighters are naturally compelled to obey Sacrifice. Also, when two fighters get within a certain range an alarm goes off in their heads, but that's only once you've found your Sacrifice…. Hmmm… Oh! Once you've found the other half of your Unit and established a bond your name will appear somewhere on your body, like a tattoo! It's pretty cool.

"Oh, there's also this thing called Blank Fighters. And those are Fighters that don't have a name, so they're often used as a 'backup' or 'replacement' to a Sacrifice who's Fighter was killed. But the name has to be carved into your body with a knife or something and it's supposed to really hurt. And you can only take one name if you are blank. That's the only exception to the 'bond before name' rule thingy. In that case it's 'name before bond'. Also, taking another Fighter if your Fighter died is really looked down upon, most people think that if half of the Unit dies, the other half has to die as well." Yuki said, trying to remember everything he'd learned over the last semester.

"Um, I gotta go chase down a guy I've never seen before, but I can tell you more later! Or you could just go find Shin. She's blind and really loud and scary." He said, smiling and waving before following after Joe.

((OOC has been created. FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE AND PLEASURE. BE THANKFUL.Also, everyone is accepted, and the OP has been updated. HAPPY NOW?!))

Joe walked over to his bed and picked the pillow he had thrown earlier up. He set it down where it belonged and scanned the room for a hat. He hated that he had no ears. Absolutely hated it. He saw a beanie sticking out from under a blanket on the opposite side of the room and moved to pick it up, hearing a kid fall outside. He quickly put the beanie on and walked towards his door, opening it and looking down the hallway. He saw a girl had fell over her luggage and was about to close his door, but he saw his black haired neighbor moving down the hallway. He watched him for a second then realized he was coming to his door and sighed. Had he done something to upset the boy? He didn't think he did. Yuki seemed like a nice kid anyways. Maybe he had upset the other boy, Cyrus? He didn't even know if that was his name. The introductions had happened so fast and he only remembered the black haired boys name. He remained quiet and watched Yuki, wondering if he actually was going to come to his door. Why would he? That would be pointless.

Alice shivered as she stared up at the Acadamy. Her tail wrapped around her leg and her ears flattened against her head in an attempt to keep the cold from her body. It was cold here - much different from the winters where she used to live, where it never went under 50 degrees. She pulled her hat farther down on her head and wondered again why her parents had sent her here. Ah, yes. They thought for the best way to help her with her fear of people by sending her to a real school instead of homeschooling her. Alice's doctor had suggested Seven Voices Acadamy, due to the fact that she could find her Fighter, the only person that she would actually be willing to trust and talk to freely. Frowning, she lugged her large suitcase behind her - why didn't she get the one with wheels? - and towards the quarters she'd be living in. Her parents had arranged for her to have a room to herself - no need in giving her a nervous breakdown on the first day.

She shrank at the sight of the busy halls and wished with all her heart that her parents wouldn't have sent her here. She struggled to carry her suitcase - which was probably heavier than her - towards her room. What was the number again? She took a shaky breath and pulled the folded piece of paper that contained her room number and list of classes on it. 237, it read. She neatly folded the paper again and shoved it in her pocket before attempting to lift her suitcase. Instead, it ended up falling over and causing her to lose her balance, falling to the floor with a squawk. With tears pricking her eyes, she pulled herself to her feet and tried to ignore the stares of the other students. Sighing, Alice went back to the work of moving her suitcase.

Skyla had just sat down on her bed when her new roommate came in like a tornado. Flinging her bag into her night stand and cursing like a sailor. Not that that bothered her, Sky had a pretty bad mouth herself. Living apart from your parents usually did that to students. The thing that did bother he was who her roommate was.

It was Shin, The blind sacrifice she avoided earlier. Looks like there was no avoiding her now. Unless she just never said anything and went through the semester as quietly as possible. That didn't seem doable thought considering she was a human being and Shin probably developed Daredevil senses.

She couldn't help smile after her comment on how her room smelled. So she didn't like pot? That could be useful information when she tried to get her to move out. After watching the blind girl struggle for a little while longer, she finally spoke up,"do you need help?" she asked innocently,"I did rearrange the furniture, after all". It was true, to differentiate from the norm, Skyla had moved the furniture around the moment she got on campus. Mostly becasue she thought a a way to maximize space and partially to deter anyone from staying. Her bed's headboard was pressed against the window so she could smoke on her bed without flooding the hallway with smoke. Her roommates bed mirrored her own, position in front of the other window, but it blocked the closet space. Skyla's desk was acting as her nightstand and a wall from her roommate's side. Shin's side was at the foot of her bed, blocking the closet more. She wore a smug smile that was lost on the blind girl.

Yuki knocked on the doorframe of Joe's room, smiling. "Hullo, neighbor!" He called out happily. "I just came to say hi. Also, you kinda ran off really fast so I didn't know if I'd upset you! Is this your first semester here? I haven't seen you around before." Yuki said, happy as ever and trying his best to make conversation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"NO." Shin yelled, finally finding the lamp and then her bag, which she then placed on the bed, which luckily was the one Skyla did not occupy.

Shin didn't have a lot of clothing to move, pretty much whatever she could stuff in her bag would be good. As long as she could wear something clean every day she didn't care what it was. Because, SHE COULDN'T SEE IT. The result of this was looking a little bit absurd everywhere she went. Her current outfit was a light, pastel, slightly see-through sundress, bright red sneakers, and mismatched, fuzzy, knee-high socks decorated with neon patterns. Before she'd had on a white coat that made her look like a marshmallow on legs, but she took that off and lost it somewhere in the hall, it'd turn up eventually.

"God f***ing dammit. What the f*** have you done to this room?" She said, feeling her way around. "Stop f***ing smiling. I can feel you smiling. Stop it."

Joe took a step back from the door when Yuki knocked on the frame. He listened to what he said and looked back out the window. He didn't want to talk to anyone right now. It was a mistake to go over and ask the neighbors to be quiet. It was a huge mistake. He looked at Yuki as he asked if he was new here and he shook his head no, opening his mouth to explain that he'd been here since the beginning of the school year. He then had another thought and closed his mouth, looking down the hallway. "A girl just fell. You should go help her. I still have to unpack." He said, lying. He didn't have to unpack anything. He just didn't want to strike up a conversation with a stranger. At least, not now. It was too busy to try and have a conversation. Especially since Yuki was standing in the hallway. A thought then crossed his mind and he sighed. That could work, but did he actually want to do that? He looked down both sides of the hallway and saw the crowd wasn't thinning out at all. He then looked at Yuki again and stepped away from his door. "If you stand out in the hallway you'll get run over. You can come in and talk, if you want. If you don't though then close my door when you leave." He said quietly, moving towards his bed. Why had he invited the stranger into his room? He didn't want the boy to be ran into like he was, so maybe that was why? He frowned and sat on his bed, looking at Yuki.

((Time to start! Oh, I'm so pumped! I'll edit anything I need to!))

Esko trudged up the pathway. He liked the cold. He grew up in cold weather, so he crunched on the snow happily.((OOC: I assume there is snow, since polaristar mentioned cold weather?)) his tail wagged when he stepped in a rather deep pile. Then, it stopped when he reached the doors of the Academy. His ears flattened against his head, his tail stuck straight up, and he emitted a low growl, but soon stopped when his throat started to scream with pain. ((OOC: no pun intended)). He rubbed it and then heaved his suitcase through the door. He wished he wasn't sent here. His mom sent him here because he never talked to people. He wondered why his mom used THAT as an excuse to send him here. She knew of his throat problem. He could say a few words, probably enough for a spell, before his throat hurt. Esko never tried to interact, and his mom thought that he should go to a regular school to do so. Whenever someone tried to talk to him, the best case scenario would be a whopping great bruise.

Well, now he was here, and he looked at his paper. 238. That was his room. When a random kid bumped into him while running, he growled, but stopped as his throat hurt again. He arrived at the dreaded door that was his. He opened the door.

Everything was a mess. Things needed to be done here. Growing up with a clean freak mom, he was somewhat influenced. He grumbled, then stopped, as he began to unpack and straighten things up.

Suddenly, his ears perked up, feeling something. Did he feel a...ping? Esko shrugged it off and grunted as he continued cleaning.

Edited by Esko_the_Wolf

Skyla was loving this. She was trying to get her roommate to leave and the roommate was doing all the work. All she had to do was make it more comfortable for herself and it drove Shin crazy. Or maybe Shin was just a joyless person. Either way Skyla wasn't changing her side.

At Shin's enraged question, Skyla laughed, "I rearranged things. I just said that or are you hard of hearing too?" she asked sarcastically, "I can move your side back? Or not. Depends I guess" Skyla suddenly didn't want to be in this room anymore and she was craving a cigarette. She bit her lip and looked at her new roommate. IT seemed like a long shot but, "Hey, you don't happen to smoke, do you?" She asked. Maybe she had Something in common with her new roommate. Well, other than being a sacrifice.

"Huh? Oh, yeah, okay." Yuki said, coming in and closing the door behind him. "Hey, it's pretty quiet in your room after the door is closed." He added, knocking on the door twice.

He did notice that Joe seemed very sad. Or bored. And, without even realizing it, Yuki had resolved to rectify this situation. He would make this boy smile, hopefully laugh. He sat on the bed opposite of Joe.

"Do you have a roommate?" He asked, tilting his head to one side. "Would you like any help unpacking or anything?"

Yuki fiddled with the cuff of his sweater, which happened to be baby-pink and have little sparkles on it. His skinny jeans were black and tattered at the knees, and he wore purple galaxy sneakers. He really liked pink, and glitter, and pretty much anything cute, and so that's what he chose to wear, which also annoyed his parents. The thought of his parents, made his smile falter and his ears droop a little, but they both quickly righted themselves.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shin would have rolled her eyes, had she been able to see in order to pick up and adopt that universal sign of annoyance.

"No. It's fine, I'll figure it the f*** out." She said in regards to her room.

She resumed feeling her way around the room. Gosh, why's she have to room with Skyla? Nothing against Skyla, but she was kinda well known for being a terrible roommate. Oh well, it couldn't be that hard. Shin was pretty tough. She heard the question about cigarettes and smiled an awkward looking smile that looked more like she was barring her teeth.

"What do you think I am, some kind of communist? I dunno, do communists smoke?" She wondered, making her way back to the bed and rummaging through her bag till she found a pack of cigarettes.

"I'd toss you one, but I AVE NO F***ING CLUE WHERE YOU ARE SINCE YOU DECIDED TO GO EXTREME HOME MAKEOVER ON THIS S***" She said, holding the pack out in Skyla's general direction.

Alice somehow managed to drag her suitcase into her room, and she let it drop with a rather distinct 'thud'. Unfortunately, this unbalanced her and she stumbled forward against the wall with a yelp. Groaning, she opened her bag and began to unpack her things. She put her clothes neatly in the drawers, her few books on the shelf, and a picture of her family on the nightstand. She had already closed the door and curled up on the bed, whimpering. She missed her home, and her parents and older brother. He always seemed to understand how she felt, even if he didn't struggle with her social problem himself. "Pull yourself together, Alice." She ordered herself. "You have to stay here, so there's no use whining about it." She continued with her pep talk to herself. "Sure, I don't like talking to people and probably won't make any friends... okay, yeah, this isn't helping." Smiling slightly, she pulled a book off the shelf and flipped through it idly - it was more something to do than anything else, because she wasn't exactly paying attention to the pages. Alice briefly toyed with the idea of perhaps saying hello to her neighbor, but her stomach tightened in fear at the idea so she decided against it. She placed the book back on the shelf and laid down on the bed, staring at the ceiling.