chicbecause

Seven Voices Academy

((Omfg Aoko is so fun lol))

"T-The whole box? O-okay." He took another stick and tried to eat the white one in the middle. He had no f*cking clue he was eating it wrong. He wondered why she was crying. "Hey...it is okay. No need to cry." Unless I am ugly. Tulvir sometimes had a habit of beating himself up for stuff. "Where I come from? Well, I come from a small town called Teerville, right at the tippy top of Maine. One of the coldest places in America. Of course, nobody knows about it." He had a feeling that SOMBODY at some point was gonna ask about his tail. I mean, everybody there but him had long tails. Unless he was wrong. At least everybody who he saw and had tails.

(Sorry for the super long wait...)

"Cry?" Despite having wiped a tear or to off her face, she was still unaware. " Yunno, I've never been to America. I went to Beijing once." She shivered when one of the doors was swung open, letting in all the cold air. " Hey! Pretty soon, it'll be flower viewing season..." She looked out the glass doors. " Is this your first time in Japan?" Aoko liked this guy. His short tail is kinda cute... I never much cared for the shorter tails but his is really cute...

(short post is short but still something you can respond to.)

((This is in Japan?! How did I not know?!))

Tulvir looked at her. "Y-yes, it is my first time here. I have been al, around Europe, but never went into Asia. It is nice here. I like looking at....the scenery." He almost said flowers, which might let out a hint that he was bi, and even though everybody was cool at home, it was wise not to say that here. After all, people might not be so understanding here. "So, what do we do now? S-should I head to my room?" His tail wagged less at the thought of leaving her. Why? "M-Maybe we can hang outside of school sometime?" Whup. He let THAT out. Oh well, not like he would mention it was a date or whatever, just a hangout.

((He, look what I got out of a short post. It is okay :3))

"Well then! Since it's your first time here, I'll have to... um... Be Your Guide!" She smiled. The tears that previously had been chasing each other down her cheeks had now dried or run off completely. "Yeah. You should probably get your stuff in your room. I'll help! You will, after all, be staying till the end of the school year! It's only-" She cut herself short, smile fading.

Did he just ask me out? Is this romantic already?!?!?! But we JUST met!! Nah. It's probably just platonic! I shouldn't freak out so much.

" Well. Sure." Hinohara quickly corrected her expression, returning it to it's previous state of joy. " I'll have to take you to see all the different flowers! And there will be plenty of sakura dango and I'll style my hair in odango! It'll be fun!" She paused a second. "That is, once the season is right. It would be an abomination to sport an odango style before flower viewing season... or that's what I think. Besides, we can't view flowers when they have yet to bloom!"

She leaned in close while saying the last sentence. She was also using her as-a-matter-of-fact voice. She straitened her self before talking again. "So, since it is not yet time for flowers.... How about we just snack on some dango, tell stories and go shopping!? Is that ok with you?" Aoko seemed to grow smaller with her question. "Quid pro quo! Since I gave you a whole box, you have to buy one snack for me when we hang out next time, Ok?"

"Uh...um...sure! Mall stop! Cool..." Oh sh*t. My bi-ness might come out there! Tulvir DIDN'T think it was good to turn her down, so he just agreed with her plan. He was worried. It wasn't wise to come out of the closet now. Especially since he just got here. He wagged his tail.

Wait, he had to but her a whole box of dango? He looked in his pockets. Only American money. No yen. He sighed. "Ah, I don't have any yen, sorry. Only American money..." He looked at his feet.

(((Wait. This takes place in Japan? Since when?)))

Skyla apparently got her times crossed and ended up arriving at the lecture early. The classroom didn't have a soul in it and the professor wasn't at his desk. She frowned, "Well I'm sure as hell not going to be the first one here" she said, turning on her heel and wandering off to kill time.

Killing time she did. A few rips from her water pipe in her room and she was ready for class. She waltzed into the still empty room and took a seat dead center of the class. She had not intention of taking notes so she just flipped open a comic book to kill time.

Edited by padfoot

The students all sat in a large lecture hall, both Sacrifices and Fighters. The Units were instructed to sit next to each other, and singles were allowed wherever they wished. The chatter of a hundred conversations died as a man entered and took the floor.

He was tall, and commanded attention without speaking. His white hair reached just passed his chin, and was cut neatly and bluntly. White bandages wrapped around his eyes. He wore a white dress shirt and black slacks. His hands folded neatly behind his back. He cleared his throat, the last little wisps of conversations dying as he began to speak.

“Greetings” He began, his voice clean and clear. “I am Headmaster Ritsu. This will be the only lecture I will be giving this year, so I advise you to pay attention. I will not be taking questions. Now that the formalities are over, let us begin;”

“Units are a pair of two individuals that share a bond that allows them to engage in Word Spell Battles. These Units are composed of a Sacrifice; the one who will take the damage and issue commands, and the Fighter; the one who will follow commands and dictate Spells. The two are completely co-dependent on one another, and the strength of a Unit depends almost entirely on the strength of the bond shared between them. This bond can be so strong, that the death of one results directly in the death of the other. However, these cases are rather rare.

“A Battle begins when the Fighter of a Unit declares battle, and the Fighter of the opposing Unit accepts. Battles consist entirely out of spoken words, and physical attacks, while possible, are widely frowned upon. Attacks can deal physical, emotional, and mental damage, which is all represented in the form of restrictions such as chains, bandages, handcuffs, ropes, etc. The battle is ended when one of the Sacrifices is completely restricted.

“The main role of a Sacrifice is to command the Fighter. If the Sacrifice is unsure of their demands, or unable to communicate them in a way understood by the Fighter, the Fighters Spells weaken greatly. The amount of control the Sacrifice has during battle varies from Unit to Unit. Some Sacrifices give incredibly vague commands, and leave it up to the Fighter to decide specific spells, while other Sacrifices actually dictate the spells, and the fighters only repeat their words.

“The Role of a fighter is to engage in Battle and fight on behalf of the Sacrifice. Most Fighters undergo extensive vocabulary training to increase the accuracy of their spells. The more eloquent and accurate words used during battle, the stronger the spells become, however, this also relies on the strong mental imagery accompanied with these words. Fighters are almost entirely dependent on their Sacrifice for commands, and find themselves unfocused and lot without commands.

“Fighters are capable of entering battle without a Sacrifice, but the damage will be taken by the Fighter, and the power of the spells will be halved, because the Sacrifice is not present. It is also a sign of a broken bond, as Sacrifices should never make their Fighter battle without them.

“The roles of Unit halves are not interchangeable. There can only ever be two individuals of the same ‘True Name’. The only instances in which there are more than two of the same name are Zeroes – which we will discuss later – and Blank Fighters; Fighters with no name, but often serve as a replacement for a Fighter lost in Battle, or a spare. The name must be carved onto them, it is painful, and they can only ever take one name.

“ Blah, Bla blah blah blah bla blah blah blah bla blah blah bla blah blah blah bla. Blah, Bla blah blah blah bla blah blah blah bla blah, blah bla blah Fighter blah. Blah, Bla blah blah blah bla blah blah blah bla blah blah bla blah blah blah bla. Blah, Bla blah blah blah bla blah blah blah bla blah, blah bla blah Bond blah. Blah, Bla blah blah blah bla blah blah blah bla blah blah bla Sacrifice blah blah blah bla. Blah, Bla blah blah blah bla blah blah blah bla blah, blah bla blah blah. Blah, Bla blah blah blah bla blah blah blah bla blah blah bla blah blah blah bla. Blah, Unit Bla blah blah blah bla blah blah blah bla blah, blah bla blah blah….

“Blah, Bla blah blah blah bla blah blah blah bla blah blah bla blah blah blah bla. Blah, Bla blah blah blah bla blah blah blah bla blah, blah bla blah Fighter blah. Blah, Bla blah blah blah bla blah blah blah bla blah blah bla blah blah blah bla. Blah, Bla blah blah blah bla blah blah blah bla blah, blah bla blah Bond blah. Blah, Bla blah blah blah bla blah blah blah bla blah blah bla Sacrifice blah blah blah bla. Blah, Bla blah blah blah bla blah blah blah bla blah, blah bla blah blah. Blah, Bla blah blah blah bla blah blah blah bla blah blah bla blah blah blah bla. Blah, Unit Bla blah blah blah bla blah blah blah bla blah, blah bla blah blah….

“Zeroes are a very interesting phenomenon. They are essentially ‘Artificial Humans’ and cannot eel any physical pain. They all share the same name of ‘Zero’, and Sacrifices and Fighters can be mixed and matched as pleased. The bond between a Sacrifice and a Fighter of the name Zero can be broken and restored, or replaced with little to no consequences. They a-“ He stopped.

A professor had approached him and whispered something into his ear.

“WHAT?!” He said, probably louder than he had meant to.

His anger showed through the bandages.

“Class dismissed. Everyone go directly to your dorms.” He called, before exiting the hall with a trail of professors.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~MEANWHILE~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tetsu and Rei walked through the dorms, peaking into rooms, walking into rooms, sorting through stranger’s things. They giggled at their findings, and threw them carelessly across to the other side of the room. They were unfortunately interrupted by a boy entering his room while they searched through his clothing.

“HEY! What do you think you’re doing?!” He yelled.

Tetsu looked annoyed and turned around.

“Don’t shout.” He said, rolling his eyes.

“YOU ARE GOING THROUGH MY STUFF!”

“Well, obviously.”

“What the f***?! Get out!!”

“No.”

“GET OUT RIGHT NOW OR-“ The boy grabbed Tetsu’s arm and started dragging him towards the door.

“Don’t touch him!” Rei shouted, standing.

The boy ignored him and continued, ignoring Tetsu’s futile, but panicked, resistance.

“I SAID DON’T TOUCH HIM! FLAMES ENCIRCLE YOUR BODY, YOUR FLESH IS BURNED. ICE COMES AND FREEZES OVER YOU, BUT PROVIDES NO RELIEF FROM THE PAIN THE FLAMES CAUSED. You are cut. A thousand falling razors rain like lightning down upon your skin.”

Tetsu rejoined Rei at his side and watched as the boy screamed and doubled over in pain, the flames only now dying.

“What did I tell you about using fire indoors? It’s too messy. Come on, let’s get out of here.”

Crutches. He had been given crutches. It didn't exactly help all that much, saying as both hands and feet were injured, but it took the weight off his feet. His hands and feet and been heavily bandaged, to the point where it was difficult to curl his fingers. No maytter, it got him out of homework. Cyrus discovered pretty quickly the advantages of his crutches. A good leap and swing, and he could gain much more ground than his short legs could carry by themselves. The announcement of the assembly did nothing but make the student groan. It was hard enough to get around the way it was, now he had to go halfway across the school?

---

Ears flat against his head, Cyrus kept his head down during the assembly. Units were supposed to sit together. Like hell he would let that happen. Thankfully, the appallingly long speech had only reached a galling monotony when it was cut off. Something had gone wrong. for a moment, a bolt of panic froze him to his seat. Had they discovered the wreck he had made? Then, he recalled that he didn't exactly care. Sure, he was ashamed of himself for his meltdown, but he didn't care if he got in trouble. It was odd, in that way. He cared about his self-image, but not how others viewed him. As the students were dismissed, Cyrus struggled back to his feet. His sacrifice, thankfully, hadn't mentioned anything of his new injuries. She hadn't spoken at all. Hopefully, she would be too high to function all the time.

God dammit this is Booooooring Skyla groaned internally as the lecture droned on and on. She finally figured that the man was blind and went back to thumbing through her comic book absentmindedly. Her question had pretty much been answered: There was no way to reverse the unit once they had been named. She glanced back at her crippled Fighter that was sitting near the door. What had happened to him and why did she care? She really wanted to seat jump across the room and take the empty one next to Cyrus. She resisted the urges and remained in her seat. She had decided though to give in to the itch and go talk to him. At least to apologize for freaking out on him when they got named. IT wasn't his fault, he seemed as miserable as she was anyway.

Skyla got her wish a short time later when Ritsu got some kind of alarming news and banished the student body to their dorms. Oooooo, a lock down? Fantastic. she thought as she gathered her things and headed towards the door. She caught up with Cyrus shortly after leaving the lecture hall. It was a good thing he was cripple, he couldn't run away. She grabbed his shoulder to get his attention, "Hey...man. Look, sorry about freaking out on you and cleaning your clock earlier" she started with her ****ty apology, "It's just...this whole Unit thing.....I don't like it....Not that I don't like you, dude....whatever your name is...it's just...you might cramp my style...or...something" she finished. She stood back and waited for a reply.

Hostility was his initial response. The hand on his shoulder was already enough for Cyrus to respond with violence. But he...couldn't. The knowledge that it was his Sacrifice sent waves of nausea through him at the thought of attacking her. Besides, his fists were useless. The teen stopped dead as Skyla began to talk. Was this...an apology? Why was she apologizing, because she hit him? His face had swollen some, but he'd hurt himself much worse than her actions had. "This...was not your doing." he replied stiffly. Even if they were supposed to get along, he had no interest in doing such a thing. "I was boarded here against my will. My mother hopes for me to make relationships with others. I don't want to prove her right."

Skyla fell in (slow) step with Cyrus and nodded as he spoke about his reason for coming to Seven Voices, "My mom didn't have much say in whether or not I came to SVA, My mom hasn't cared what I did for a while now" She said, not dwelling on the subject very long, "I'm Skyla Trulock. I missed saying that earlier and even if we go our separate ways, at least you knew my name". She kept in mind that she still wanted to bail the first chance she got. Despite that, this stupid itch to hang out with him wouldn't subside until it was satisfied, Skyla hoped that this would do the trick. Even if it was only for a little while.

Esko was sitting next to Alice, bored out of his mind. Blah blah blah. When will this censorkip.gif ing end? He was just listening and sitting when he heard:

"Battles consist entirley out of spoken words,"

Oh sh*t.

Oh sh*t.

Oh Sh*t!!

Esko's eyes widened. He said what now? Spoken?! He was the Fighter of the two. Does that mean...

I am supposed to speak? Oh no. Please tell me they are short spells pleeeeaaassseee.

Esko was REALLY hoping the spells were short. And that eh wouldn't have to fight soon.

Tulvir started to doze. He couldn't take this anymore. He felt relived when the Headmaster walked off in fury. "Fhewf. I thought my butt would go numb." He decided to find Hinohara. "Hey Hinohara? Hinohara? There you are!"

"Huh?" she turned around to face the blue haired boy. "Oh, hi, Tulvir. What's up?" Her words were slightly jumbled due to the mitarashi dango she was holding in her mouth. Swallowing the last dango in the stick, she continued speaking. "And since we've already decided that we're gonna be friends, you can call me by my first name- Aoko- it means blue child!" She smiled and held out a freshly opened box of dango for him to eat from. " That was pretty scary how the headmaster freaked out like that, huh? Any ways, have you sorted out your room yet? I can help since we're already supposed to be going to our dorms."

"Huh? Aoko? Awesome! Neat name!" He started to drool when he saw the dango. It looked like it was covered in syrup and looked so good. He was tempted to ask when she gave him a WHOLE censorkip.gif ING BOX. He took it and nomed on one. His smile widened as he tasted it. "Mmmmm. Soooo good!"

((Short post is short, but class is about to start))

Yuki glanced around the hall. Maybe he should find Cyrus and help him back to the dorms? He looked around and spotted the boy with Skyla, and figured he probably should not interrupt. Oh! He should find Joe! He stood on his chair and looked around, spotting the white-haired boy. It only took a few seconds to spy him from the crowd. He hopped down and joined Joe leaving the hall.

"Joe-chan! Don't worry, I'll make sure you get to the dorms safe!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~```

Shin rolled over in her bed, she'd decided t skip the lecture.

Alice sighed and leaned on Esko's shoulder. She was bored out of her MIND. She drummed a random pattern on her leg with her fingers, only half listening as the Headmaster droned on. And on. And on. She knew Esko would be alarmed that he would have to speak and was pleasantly surprised when the Headmaster let them out early. "Finally. Don't worry to much Esko, it'll be alright. We'll figure out what to do about the talking... issue." She said comfortingly, standing up. "C'mon, we're supposed to go to our dorms." She grabbed his hand and tugged him out of the classroom. "You wanna hang in my room or yours?" She asked curiously as they walked.

((Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwawawawawawawawawawawawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww SO ADORABLE(≧∇≦) THEY NEED TO GET TOGETHER LIKE YUKI AND JOE))

"Hang out...in dorms?" Esko looked at her. Then he chuckled. "We better keep...our ears, hehe...." He joked. What? He couldn't help it. "And tail. Hehe..." He kept chuckling, then stopped when his throat hurt. Well, I need to give them a rest. "Anyways....spells are problem when.....they are long." He sighed. If only my throat wasn't slit. It would be awesome if I could speak.

But how would things turn out if I could?

Joe had paid attention to the lecture, unlike everyone else. He watched as the head master walked off and looked at the other students, deciding to make his way out to the hallway. Maybe he could find Yuki. He gathered his belongings and headed out the door, looking at the floor as he walked.

I wonder what could have happened to make him leave like that. Probably something about what happened last night. He looked up when Yuki appeared next to him and smiled at his saying that he would make sure Joe got to his dorm safely.

"Thank you for the offer." He smiled, looking towards Cyrus and Skyla. He then remembered Yuki's room was completely destoryed and looked back at the black haired teen. Should he offer to let Yuki stay in his room until his room was restored to order? He contemplated the idea but then shrugged. It would be the nice thing to do. And besides, Yuki's been nothing but kind to me. He thought, walking ahead. He looked back at Yuki. "Now this suggestion may be out of line, but would you like to stay in my room until your room is fixed? I mean, it kind of a disastor in there, right?" He rubbed his neck and felt a burning pain, but decided to ignore it. "I don't really think it'll be that big of a problem. My ex-roommate had people over all the time." He said light-heartedly, feeling the back of his neck throb. He squeezed it gently and the pain went away. What the hell was that? He asked himself, wondering if some bug had stung him or if someone had done something to his neck. He pulled his hand away and looked at it, then put both of his hands in his pockets. Weird.

Edited by littlelizzie

Yuki smiled, walking next to Joe out of the lecture hall. He was a bit concerned with whatever had made the headmaster so upset, but it couldn’t have been that bad because Joe-chan was fine. He was also a little bit upset because his room was a bit of a mess, and his movie posters had been ripped up. He really liked those posters, but they were really cheap. His ears twitched towards Joe when the boy began to speak again, and Yuki turned to look at him while he offered to let Yuki stay in his room.

“Really?! Are you sure it’s okay?” He asked, tilting his head.

They could watch movies((HINT HINT))! They could eat snacks! They could stay up all night and play video games! But what if Joe liked to go to bed early? What if Yuki fell asleep? Yuki always tried to stay up late, but he always fell asleep on accident. He just got too worn out sometimes.

((SAMMY. WE HAVE TO DO THE MOVIE SCENE. THAT WAS THE BEST.))

((WE WILL DO THE MOVIE SCENE))

Joe smiled at Yuki and nodded. "I don't have a roommate anyways." He turned down the hall and looked back towards the cat-eared boy. "I have to warn you though: I either fall asleep incredibly early or incredibly late. And I've been told I talk. And sometimes I hold complete conversations with someone then don't remember it at all." He looked ahead and saw his room coming up, then looked back at Yuki. "If you want to get anything from your room, you can. The door will be open." He stopped in front of his door and twisted the door handle, looking back at Yuki.

((AAAAHHH YAAAS))

“Sweet!” Yuki said, giving Joe a thumbs-up.

He jumped into his room to grab a couple things and change into his pajamas, which happened to be pink fluffy pants, and a t-shirt with a kitten on it. He looked at himself in the mirror.

“It’s just a friendly dude sleepover. No homo!” He said to himself, but it only made him giggle because he was wearing a kitten shirt and fluffy pants and it didn’t get any less ‘dude’ or any more ‘homo’ then his outfit right now.

“Seriously! Joe doesn’t like you like that!” He said, pointing at his reflection and frowning.

He sighed, and grabbed his stuff, skipping across the hall to Joe’s room.

After their akaward conversation, Skyla and Cyrus had gone their separate ways. Not after she had given him her phone number and room number. They were a unit, whether they liked it or not. That meant that she could at least be there for him in case he wanted to talk or something. She really didn't expect him to call or show up, it was more of a gesture of good faith.

((no chic all the homo))

Joe walked into his room and reached to move his bangs out of his eyes. He then looked in the mirror to try to see if anything was on his neck but frowned and sighed. "Of course you couldn't see if anything was there, dummy." He muttered, looking out of his door and across the hall to Yuki's room. He didn't see the black haired boy and quickly changed into pajama bottoms, then grabbed an extra blanket and looked out the door when he heard someone in the hallway. He opened the door to let Yuki in and then looked around, wondering what it is Yuki liked to do in his free time. "So, Chan, what do you want to do?" He asked, then quickly covered his mouth. Crap. He covered his face with his hands. "I'm sorry. T-That's just, a nickname of sorts. I guess. I have this habit of calling people nicknames. I-I don't think I've done it with you and it just unconciously slipped out I'm so sorry."

Yuki smiled and giggled at Joe.

"It's okay! You can call me whatever you like!" He said, entering Joe's room.

"So what are we gonna do? We could jump on the beds!"

Jumping on the bed was fun because the bed was bouncier then the floor was. Plus, it was all soft and stuff. He wasn't allowed to jump on the bed at home because his parents said he was too old, and Purple was always sleeping on his bed and she didn't like him to jump on it while she was there either. He looked at Joe, his tail swishing. Hmmmm, Joe-chan was probably too tall to jump on the bed.

"Or we don't have too! You are too tall." He said, reaching up to pat the top of Joe's head.

"Let's watch a movie instead!"