Alexander_Drake

You As A Dragon

After Omen's understandable question, I felt like they would become someone I could rely on... for comic relief.

"Yes, I did turn a windmill with my wings. It wasn't too hard to get used to, I can already fly pretty well. Most of flying seems to be automatic, all I have to do is focus on what direction I want to go. Seems silly, but it really is that easy. Try it."

((Don’t mind me, I take ages to progress through a plot, haha. I can hurry along the getting to a town so other people have an opportunity to interact with eachother. My character’s harebrained idea to head north towards the Volcano can end in going through a town perhaps? She’s only going there because she wants to raid the stores she has hidden in the caves she claimed as her home, and the north side is the largest opening big enough for dragons.))

I doubted it would be as easy as that. I tried flying once, and while the idea wasn’t mine to begin with, it ended with me hitting a tree and being turned into a dragon. I let out a low growl at the memory. One of my own dragons, attacking me! I stopped growling when Oenpelliensis sent a warning glare my way, presumably because it was a sound used to challenge other dragons to a fight. I wasn’t challenging anyone, I was just mad! When I was a human, being mad resulted in me sulking about in my library for days. I didn’t have that luxury any more. Boy, wasn't I just quick to anger as a Bleeding Moon. I guess that should be expected, what with their aggressive tendencies. Brilliant, just brilliant!

Moving past the recollection that would be sure to send my blood boiling if I focused on it any longer, I sent Alexander a doubting look. “Surely there’s more to it than that. Maybe the dreams you had included instructions on how to be a dragon.” I wondered if mine did, and I just blocked them from my memory to protect my fragile brain? This wasn’t fair. Instead of dallying around further, I moved away from the group. I was going to try this wing flapping thing, and maybe, just maybe, I wouldn’t end up barrelling through a tree or off the side of the mountain. “Fine, we’ll see how easy this is.”

I set my feet approximately shoulder width apart, lowering my body closer to the snow. I had seen some of my dragons do that when taking off on a hunt, and hoped the idea would work the same for me. I tried to locate the muscles which controlled my wings, and sent them a strongly worded message to start flapping. My tail flailed wildly to the side, smacking into a snow drift and sending a shower of snow in all directions. Apparently that wasn’t my wings, but my tail. At least I located the muscles to get that working, I’d probably need it to steer.

I tried again, this time not putting quite as much force into the thought, and directing the message somewhere towards my back. My wings came to life, flapping haphazardly and not at all in unison. The uncoordinated attempt at flight succeeded however, and I lifted off the ground. Europha soared through my mind, as well as fear. There was a reason I lived in a cave, and not on top of a mountain. The fear of heights struck the core of my concentration, shattering it into itty, bitty pieces. My wings flapped in an attempt to lower myself to the ground, but instead sent me higher into the air. My tail flicked to the side, and with it, so did I.

“How do I fly!” I yelped, letting loose an alarmed roar. I was surprised, and terrified that I hadn’t launched myself anywhere but up. I wanted to see if tilting the tips of my wings had any effect on which way my body went, but I wasn’t willing to gamble that notion when two hatchlings were within my general vicinity. I was positive Alexander and Oenpelliensis would get out of the way in time, and if they didn’t, well Alexander shouldn’t have encouraged me to attempt flight.

(You never responded and I got impatient again. Sorry! DX)

(EDIT: I know, I just wanted to double check that I wasn't interfering with you guys before moving my character. tongue.gif)

I struggled in vain, trying to break out of his grip. This couldn't be happening. Desperation rose within me. I had to do something, anything. Something clicked in my brain, some deeply rooted instinct that certainly hadn't been there before my transformation. Without even thinking about it I opened my jaw and screamed. This wasn't like the screeches I'd uttered before; this was much, much worse. It was so high pitched that I could barely even hear it, but I felt its volume in every bone of my body. Cyrvony roared in pain, quickly letting go of me. He staggered backward and fell over, too disoriented to even stand up. After what must have been near a solid minute of screaming I ran out of air and fell silent, panting.

The red dragon was still lying on the ground, not moving. I took a step towards him, planning to check for a pulse, before remembering how utterly stupid that would be. What if he was faking unconsciousness so I'd get closer to him? That wasn't really his style, but at this point I wasn't willing to risk it. I shakily spread my wings. They were where my arms should have been, but the different joints and muscles made moving them awkward as hell. I flapped them a couple of times, almost knocking myself over. Cyrvony twitched and muttered something. I swore under my breath, flapping a couple more times for practice. He was on the verge of waking up and I didn't stand a chance against him in my present state, which meant there was one option left: flee. I could barely even turn around with my current legs, let alone run, which left flight. After sending up a silent prayer I took a deep breath and beat my wings as hard as I could.

To say my ascent was shaky would be the understatement of the year. After blowing myself backwards several times I finally learned to jump, position myself in midair and then flap. I quickly exhausted myself with my ascent and probably would have plummeted to my death if not for the warm updrafts of the volcanoes. Several minutes of panicked flapping and shaky gliding later I started getting the hang of it. Below me Cyrvony was still struggling to regain his senses. A darker part of me hoped he'd been permanently damaged by my attack. I watched him for a while before remembering that if he woke up and saw me he'd easily be able to outmaneuver me and knock me to my death. I tilted my wings a bit too sharply and fell/turned towards the alpine region. It was the closest thing other than the forest, and like hell I was going to attempt my first landing with all those trees in the way. I set my course in what I hoped was the right direction (I was absolutely wretched at geography and navigation) and settled in for a long, grueling flight.

A couple nightmarish hours later I was in the thick of the region and my wings felt like they were about to fall off. The frigid air didn't help either; as a volcanic wyvern I wasn't at all suited for the cold. My feathers and scales helped trap enough warmth that I wasn't in danger of frostbite, but it was incredibly unpleasant nonetheless. As I fondly considered all the different ways I could maul the little brat that did this to me my freakish raptor eyes spotted a small village towards the edge of the mountains. There was no sign of whether or not they were dragon friendly, but at this point they were my only hope. Perhaps forsaking the warm, prey-filled forest for an easier landing spot hadn't been my best idea. Before I could reconsider I dived towards it, crash-landing near its edge in a heap of claws and agony. A group of concerned-looking humans rushed to my side, checking for wounds before ushering me towards a large barn. I barely managed to thank them before passing out in it, ready for a long, deep sleep.

Edited by Avarule

With Omen's head injuries really showing off, I had two choices; coach her in how to fix her hovering motions, or tackle her to the ground and have her start over. I considered the options with exaggerated expressions while Omen continued to flap clumsily, weaving around in a precarious balance. Ludwig was in stitches, rolling around in the snow and laughing so hard he eventually stopped making sound altogether until he took a breath.

Omen was still trying unsuccessfully to recover her stability; at this point I realized that I would have to pull her back down and apologize for my own stupidity.

I took an unaided leap for Omen's upper half, and awkwardly managed to grab her front arms and pull her back down to the ground in a heap.

I am flying! I actually am flying! Well, this is awesome! Luckily Furisa knows how to hang on, for these "hands" are directly connected to my wings. I love the alpine weather, and luckily I turned into an alpine dragon, not a volcano dragon or something of warm weather. I flew, but not perfectly. I am still clutzy, sometimes stumbling in the air and getting distracted by a bird and almost crashing. I had to tie the food sack to my back so it would not fall off while Im flying. I looked around, because I heard noise. Frantic, flapping noise. That sounded like me when I tried to fly for the first time! And it didn't sound like little dragonet wings. Was there another dragon who was caught by that girl and her Magi? I was curious, and I looked to see a struggling bleeding moon dragon. What? I decided to go over there. If I explain myself to him/her,..

"Hello?" I said; well, sent through telepathy. Woah, how did I do that?! "How are you?" I got closer. "If you used to be human, don't be afraid." My "voice" got a little shaky. "I used to be human too." Furisa made a few cute noises before looking at the bleeding moon.

I secretly got ready for a fight. If he saw I was, he probably would charge me. I braced myself, for he could attack at any moment. Well, now that I think about it, he won't really be able to fight in the air well, so I have an atvantage. Not that I want to fight, with a dragonet on my back. Here we go. I got a little too close for comfort. I was ready for anything. I wasn't going to go down easily. I wasn't even going to start, for I won't start a fight.

"Hello?"

Then I saw another dragon tackle the bleeding moon and fall to the ground. They then were stuck in a heap of scales and snarls. I quickly landed and then tried to pick them out of each other, only to be dragged in, Furisa hopping out in time. They should notice golden scales soon, but right now, they are trying to get untangled from each other. I tried to struggle but only got stuck further. Time to get their attention.

I roared.

Edited by Esko_the_Wolf

((Esko_the_Wolf, I’m going to have Oenpelliensis (the male Bleeding Moon) interact with you since Omen (the female Bleeding Moon) is thoroughly tied up with failing at being a dragon. There's my post now. xd.png

Also, I'm going to keep Oenpelliensis as a permanent character. His shorter name is Oen, if nobody likes typing the entirety of it out.))

I was doing my best to stabilise what little control of my wings that I had. By my best, that meant my utmost, the absolute wits end of my ability. I was too busy focusing on not crashing into the snow that I didn’t hear, or see Alexander take off into the air. It was difficult, especially when I could hear the mocking sounds of laughter. Why my ears were fine tuned to the sound of laughter, and say, not a dragon taking off? Well, I was feeling sorry and embarrassed for myself. I was sure the chortling belonged to Oenpelliensis, but I could also hear the giggles of the hatchlings. Well, I thought, that was mean of them.

My attempt at flight was broken rather forcefully, I might add, by the body of another dragon slamming into mine. I did what any person without wings, as in that moment I forgot I had them, would do when careering into the ground; I latched onto the nearest thing that would save me from an almost guaranteed death. It just so happens that the only thing for me to latch onto, was also the only thing who knew how to fly.

I plummeted to the ground with all the grace of a screaming human turned dragon could muster, it was perhaps enough to wake a sleeping Stone dragon from his slumber. Amidst the screaming, my brain decided it would remind me that landing on a Moonstone wouldn’t be the best of outcomes, especially with their delicate looking wings. I didn’t spend much time around my own Moonstones, but I recalled that their wings had feathers. Oh drat. I figured I should take one for the team and used my superior wingspan and rather impressive lack of control to send me towards the ground first.

----

With wings gliding through the alpine air, Oenpelliensis was vaguely aware of Omen’s descent to the ground. There was nothing he could do to stop her fall, and he wasn’t about to throw himself under her to make landing any less painful. No, the humandragonthing needed to learn how to fly the hard way. Through blood and tears, just like he did. His amusement from watching the humandragonthing struggle was interrupted by the call of another dragon.

The other dragon, a Golden Wyvern if his very few interactions with other dragons was an accurate judge, appeared to be friendly enough. But Oenpelliensis no longer trusted the actions of a friendly dragon, never mind that he was actually a wyvern, especially within his own territory. Carinata had been friendly, right up until the point where he turned traitor and challenged Oenpelliensis to the very same territory the group was occupying. Oenpelliensis let loose a warning roar, telepathic voice booming in unison. “Do you challenge me for my territory?”

His roar echoed throughout the clearing, sending snow from the nearest treetops toward the ground as a result. The echoes of the roar was met by the sounds of a hatchling, as well as the declaration that the dragon had once been a human. Oenpelliensis landed, his head whipping this way and that to locate the creature. It wasn’t the same sounds the Moonstone male’s hatchlings made, it was different.

His eyes spotted the Golden Wyvern again, and he realised something was sitting on the wyvern’s back. And what an odd sight it was. If someone had the idea to sit on his back, they’d find themselves at the wrong end of a toxin filled tail barb. If this dragon really claimed to be a human once upon a time, then that meant there were three humandragonthings that he knew of, in existence. Oenpelliensis didn’t like the looming feeling of dread that settled on his shoulders.

Oenpelliensis folded his wings behind him, dropping the challenge momentarily. If the Golden Wyvern wanted to challenge him for territory, he would gladly take up the battle. But the hatchling needed to move. Oenpelliensis wasn’t a youngling killer, not by a long stretch. Younglings were valued in the alpine Weyr, even the younglings of snotty golden dragons. Especially because his keeper considered every species of dragon special in their own ways. “I am Oenpelliensis, Wyvern. Who might you be.” The male Bleeding Moon directed towards the human-wyvern, vaguely aware that Omen was complaining about crash landings across the clearing.

Edited by VampiricOmen

((Haha oh man, look at all the roleplaying I slept through!))

Gowdali's warning pierced my thoughts.

"Dragon ahead!"

I pulled myself out of a half-botched cartwheel and looked frantically ahead. Sure enough, far away, there was a glint of gold. I had to laugh.

"Gowdali, it's miles away. Don't scare me like that." Ignoring Gowdali's growl of disagreement: "Think we can fly on a while more?"

"Over the alpine?" Gowdali's reptilian forehead furrowed as he eyed me and then the mountains. "I don't think it'd be an idea to go too far, Anastasia. Mountain air is hard to fly in, all cold and bitter... less dense at preferable altitudes..."

I snorted. "I'd prefer that over the sulphuric air I've been breathing."

My 'cave', if you will, was located at the foot of a shoreline volcano. Gowdali lived on the slopes of said volcano and I had been attending to business when the transformation occurred. To appease my guard I began to lower my altitude, barely skimming the trees. But just to add to Gowdali's cautiousness - and mine - a roar echoed in the distance.

I heard the other bleeding moon ask about me. I was grateful the others got out of the heap. "Hello. My name is Esko. I used to have dragons myself, and this hatchling was fully developed and ready to hatch when the Magi dragon that belonged to the invading girl slammed the egg on the ground. I named the hatchling Furisa... this one right here" I held up the happy dragonet.

(ok, OOC thread will be up within the next few hours, dunno if family will be interrupting too much or not. should be easy.)

(Edit: Done)

Edited by Alexander_Drake

I will admit, the little dragonet was quite adorable, and inquisitive to boot. Lumina decided that the dragonet would like chocolate, and as she always does, offered a few bits for the dragonet to try.

Furisa sniffed it, then licked it. She felt a burst of goodness, as her face said. She narfed it all up intwo bites. I ccould see she wanted more.

((I wont be on for a while. Im going to church for a service, and im typing this on my phone, so I want to save data. Wont respond till im in bed. Sorry, and have a merry merry Christmas eve! ))

Pleased that the dragonet Furisa had liked the chocolate, Lumina was quite friendly and actually somewhat motherly towards the dragonet.

Meanwhile, I began asking all of the humans-turned-dragon a few questions about what their transformation was like.

Edited by Alexander_Drake

((Er...Mind another player?))

"It wasn't me! I swear it!"

"Land and Skies,我知道你喜欢.... I know you experiment with magic and used me as your hamster on more then on occasion, without my consent, mind you, but--

"Really! I didn't do it! Tinsel can attest to that! I have an alibi that I wasn't even near you when you were asleep last night!"

"He wasn't! He was off searching for mana!" Tinselwings interjected.

"Pyro.... I think you should calm down. You are panicked and can't think straight, not at this moment," Mira sighed as she told me.

I really should have been notified when Land and Skies said it wasn't him; he was too proud about his own magical discoveres, for one, and the other is that he could have easily overpowered me, no matter that I study and use magic extensively: I wasn't strong at all and even as a silver.... Now. Anyway, not only could he easily best me in a fight, I'm sure that the Magi would have more knowledge on how to use his magic then I did, so he's still got me beat in the magic section.

Mira also knew all that, so in mere moments, I had a Falconiform's claw on my back and that wonderous new appendage called a tail. Mira is also skilled with magic, especially of the destruction kind, so there goes my only chance of an advantage. Again. If nothing else, this did force me to calm down. One telepathic message to Mira later got her to get off me.

"So, what happened yesterday?" Tinselwings asked.

"All right. Last night, we were going back to our base when we met a girl and her magi. They took our invitation to stay with us for a night here in the forest due to this part being particularly dangerous at night. I had the most headsplitting, abominable nightmares last night... Graahhhh!"

My dragons were staring at me, waiting for me to continue or maybe only to find out why I suddenly growled/made a sound of surprise instead of talked telepathically.

"Where are they?"

Silence around the ring. Land and Skies looked torn between relief and growing dread, Mira was trying to cast a tracking spell, but the trail was apparently cold already, and Tinselwings was...

"I know the feeling. Like something's changed. Forever," Tinselwings smiled at me. "Well, you'll have more modivation to help me find a was to grow up again! Now you're trapped as a dragon until.... Whenever!"

"And how--

"I know what a permenant spell feels like, I'm frozen, remember?" Tinselwings thumped her chest and made a giggling sound. Well, it was more of a throaty "hrr," but I got the point.

"We should search for anyone else that got hit by that girl. Likely as not you'll not be the only one," Mira noted. "Such a powerful spell..."

I cleaned the twigs and dirt off me and.... My fur, I guess, then looked around the clearing we were resting at for my pouch, stepping on the shredded remains of my clothes while I bumbled about. Tinselwings jumped and fluttered to rest on my head, now more comforable with the addition of horns to keep her from falling off and nice, long, fluffy pink fur.

"No, I want to know if Deus could help me with this... Transformation."

"Do you even know where Deus is? That's what I thought. Besides, if the Guardian of Nature can help you with your issue, then should we help others who had been afflicted the same way?" Land and Skies snorted as he spoke.

"That's...." I really hadn't thought of that. And if there were, they might not want to stay a dragon, particularly the more feared/hunted species. Plus, there would be the guilt if I didn't help.... I looked at the stream beside us and knocked a rock into the water.

"I propose we head towards the Alpine, that's the most popular spot for keepers and other humans looking for dragon eggs."

"However, along the coastline there would be more chances of finding a village," I pointed out. "Plus, we're closer to the coast."

"If I was turned to a human, I would seek for help from my brethen as well. I believe the coast would be a better option, if we will not be following this stream through the forest."

I extracted myself from the mess of limbs and wings that we had landed in, groaning in pain at the rather forceful landing my body had been subjected to. Maybe Alexander had been hitting the chocolate a little too much lately, but that was a bridge I wasn’t going to burn. He already tackled me from the air, the last thing I needed was to be flung off the side of a mountain. Nope, I held my tongue in check.

“That could have gone better…” I mused, checking myself to ensure I hadn’t broken anything. My horns still felt in one piece, all four of them, and my tail appeared to be in working order. Good, finally something went right for once.

I paid no mind to the Golden Wyvern, Oenpelliensis seemed to have things under control in that respect. Instead I tilted my head at Alexander’s enquiry. I didn’t particularly remember my transformation, although blunt force trauma to the head had that side effect. “It was painful,” I replied, before adding. “Moreso than being tackled from the air by a Moonstone dragon I had only just met.”

I closed my eyes briefly, summoning up the memories of the events with as much willpower I had in my possession. My head suddenly ached, and I recoiled in pain. “I think I sprained a muscle.” I muttered, chances are, my memories would come back to me given time. “All I remember is that girl smacking me in the head. No Magi dragon, no magic spells, not even the process that turned me into a dragon, other than the fact that I woke up feeling as if someone tossed me across the clearing. Because someone did toss me across the clearing.” I glared at the ground, angry at the situation. I dreaded the hour that I would have to go to sleep. Something told me I wouldn’t dream gentle dreams of sheep being eaten by dragons. This was a strange time, and my mind wasn’t being quite as resilient to trauma as it should be.

----

Oenpelliensis gave Esko a cautionary once over, he seemed to be telling the truth, not that he’d be able to tell if someone had once been a human. He would take the Wyvern’s word at face value, but kept the possibility of it being a ruse in the back of his mind. He didn’t need a second traitorous act on the same day, it would ruin his mood. “So you were a human. Interesting.” The male Bleeding Moon cast a glance behind him, to where Omen had picked herself up from the cluster she landed in.

“That dragon over there,” Oenpelliensis gestured to the Bleeding Moon, “was also a human. Clearly, you’re doing a better job at getting around than what she is…” The dragon let out a sigh. His keeper, when human, was a powerful mage and had experience with dozens upon dozens of dragon species. As a dragon, all of her previous experience did very little to assist her with the current situation. In another time perhaps, Oenpelliensis would have rejoiced at the addition of another dragon to the territory. But this wasn’t another time, and the dragon wasn’t actually a dragon, not really anyway. Never mind that Omen had very little talent for controlling her new dragon body, let alone flight. That was a disaster in of itself.

I giggled a bit at how flustered Omen was, but other than that, I didn't have much else to say besides, "Next time, make sure you have an updraft. That will help out a lot. Heh heh."

Lumina wandered over to Oen, and like before, offered her trademark sample of chocolate, as she had missed her earlier chance. She took note of the other supposed human-turned-dragon, and offered them some chocolate too.

((Last post until later on tonight, about 10 hours from now. Feel free to disengage from my characters and go off on a merry adventure, I’ll catch up. Alright, so maybe it was five hours, not ten, working on a post now, people. happy.gif))

I lifted my head at the sound of a giggle, surprised to see that it was Alexander giggling, and not one of his hatchlings. “Yeah, laugh it up. I rather liked being a human, this dragon business is for… well the dragons.” Nonetheless, I did appreciate the tip. I would have to learn how to spot updrafts, maybe the alpine wasn’t the worst of places to learn how to fly, seeing as it snowed. Maybe I could watch the snow fall and use that as a guide?

My head turned skyward, eyes blinking at the flakes of snow that landed on my head and wings gesturing to mimic flight. “How do you tell the difference between an updraft and a downdraft? I can see the snow falling strangely in places, are those drafts?” That’s right Omen, those are drafts. What kind of a stupid question was that? I shook my head, seemed like the voices in my head were getting chatty.

“I mean, how do you manipulate your wings so that the draft supports you as you glide?” I rather liked that question better, and regretted not asking it first. I stretched my legs, feeling more than seeing that the snow had been particularly deep here, before landing in it, anyway.

----

Oenpelliensis took a moment to look away from the Golden Wyvern, and instead focused on the female Moonstone hatchling at his side. The dragon was a little thing, delicate looking. He would have to make sure he didn’t stand on her when he moved. He arched his brow at the offering of chocolate, remembering that Omen had offered him some of the same stuff earlier.

“I’m afraid I don’t eat chocolate little one,” He was about to mention that he wouldn’t eat it unless it had legs and a heartbeat, but he doubted traumatising the hatchling was the ideal method of approach. The adult male Moonstone would probably challenge him to a fight. “Perhaps the Wyvern-Human will like it. All humans seem to like the stuff.” Oenpelliensis glanced toward Omen, as if the illustrate the fact.

He noticed she was gesturing with her wings, at the same time as looking skyward. The once human seemed to be getting used to the idea of being a dragon, for all the whining she did about it. He wasn’t going to help her become more dragon like until she asked, he was difficult like that. Not to mention, Alexander seemed perfectly fine with teaching her the basics, even if she was on occasion, as thick as a boulder.

Edited by VampiricOmen

(I won't abandon anyone unless they decide to fake their death.)

After Omen's question, I figured that it would be easiest to show her, rather than try to use words to communicate with her.

I was able to fly without any updraft, but with a downdraft, I was just as clumsy as Omen.

Lumina was a bit sad that Oen didn't like chocolate, so she offered the chocolate to the wyvern-human instead.

"Now let me introduce myself to the others. " I turned to Alexander and Omen. "My name is Esko. And you are?" I wanted to not start a fight. I accepted the chocolate and ate it. It reminded me of my human times and brought tears to my eyes. I missed my wolf ears already. Dragons are cool, but not if you were ambushed by a girl and Magi and turned into one by force.

By force.

A girl and magi ambush.

Ambush.

Turned into a dragon.

BY FORCE.

something is going on here...

Gowdali had ventured ahead of me on the lookout for the wyvern we saw earlier. I was just casually gliding in a straight line, watching the hypnotic image of my Howler shadow passing over trees and ground, when I heard the wingbeats of that familiar tattered Seragamma nearing me. I looked up and tried to say something - again, another resounding shriek. Immediately I began apologising, but Gowdali interrupted.

"There is a small gathering of dragons dead ahead, and from what I heard some may be humans-turned-dragon too. Do you wish to speak to them? They may be able to help."

I nodded decisively then immediately regretted the decision. I dreaded talking to strangers. But I didn't voice those thoughts; instead I followed after Gowdali.

Within minutes, I could see the dragons he was talking about - one of which was the very same Golden Wyvern I saw ahead of us. Suddenly, I didn't want to risk even attempting to telepathically notify them of my arrival - what if they were sensitive to the loud sounds I could accidentally produce?

"If it makes you feel safer, stand behind me." Gowdali, in all his protective nature, dove in front of me and alighted on the cold ground and I landed gently right behind him - as though I had been doing this all my life instead of three days. The snow bit at my paws as I gazed nervously around at the gathering.

((FYI, Gowdali's the Seragamma in my signature.))

I noticed that a pair of Howler Drakes had appeared kind of far away from us, but still within sight. I waved my wingtip in front of Omen's face to get her attention so I could make her look over towards the Howler Drakes.

((Gowdali's a Seragamma, not a Howler ;3))

Gowdali stepped forward, head held high and chest - complete with tattered, missing fur - puffed out as he surveyed Alexander. Silence reigned for a minute and then:

"Who are you all?"

Gowdali's telepathic voice was commanding and I held back, wings down and tail freezing on the snow. Had I mentioned I was a bit intimidated by him?

"I suppose it is only proper that I introduce myself and, in turn, the person who raised me. I'm Gowdali and you should know this Howler back here is my foster parent Anastasia. As bizarre as it might sound, three days ago she was human. Something attacked and changed her into a drake. Earlier I flew nearby and heard a similar topic being discussed down here. What information do you have pertaining to this bizarre event?"

Right to the topic he'd had on mind. Gowdali never messed about when there was business to be done, as the multitudinous scars and marks on his body might suggest. I could see in his eyes he wasn't comfortable being around dragons like the Bleeding Moon and sidled up to stand next to him, head down and looking meekly around.

((I'm back. xd.png))

I heard the sound of another voice entering my mind, the telepathic communication belonging to a speaker I was unfamiliar with. I turned to face the direction I believed it originated from, only to find the Golden Wyvern that Oenpelliensis had been challenging not too long ago. I reared back onto my haunches, crossing my clawed paws over my chest. It was an awkward action to say the least, but one I used to partake in daily, as a human. It was a force of habit, one that was rather uncomfortable, now that I had a considerable weight on my back in the form of wings.

“Name’s Omen, I see you’ve met Oenpelliensis. Did he cause you any grief?” I questioned, passing a sidelong glance toward Oenpelliensis. The dragon had the decency to look a little embarrassed, if the tucking of his wings was anything to judge by. I wouldn’t put it past him to challenge the next dragon to land in this clearing… it was getting rather crowded. I wondered if there was a beacon somewhere, attracting everyone? Nobody had ever visited this clearing before, unless they only visited when I was hiding in my cave. Hmph, that would make perfect sense now that I thought about it. Would explain why finding rare dragons was difficult, to say the least.

The silence of my yammering was pierced by the shriek of a dragon. I covered my ears in an attempt to protect them from the sound, but the shriek didn’t continue. Good, I wasn’t sure if my eardrums would survive another bout. However my relief was short lived when Alexander waved a wingtip in front of me, drawing my attention to the arrival of not one, but two more dragons that had landed in the clearing. I released a long suffering sigh. Truly, did everyone and their second in command know where this place was? Serves me right for being a hermit, I miss out on all the important information.

I levelled a cautious glance towards the Seragamma Wyvern, who was standing in front of a Howler Drake, wondering if they were about to attack. The Seragamma looked as if he’d lived through multiple battles, tough battles. Oenpelliensis must have sensed my unease, as he rose to his full height, squaring his shoulders and shaking his head. I might have laughed at him once upon a time, he looked like a bull about to charge through a village. There were too many dragons here however, and if he got the pig headed idea to attack someone, me being the only other Bleeding Moon, might be seen as his accomplice. Technically he’d be my accomplice, since I was his keeper. I wasn’t sure if I’d be worthy of such a title now, being a dragon myself. Maybe I should be their leader instead. Hmm, I’d have to have a chat to some of the eldest dragons I knew of, if I recalled correctly one of them had taken it upon himself to manage affairs while I was away. Thankless job that is, I’ve seen enough squabbling dragons to know that much.

Then the Seragamma Wyvern spoke, his voice full of wisdom and command. I was a bit flabbergasted by his following revelation, the Howler Drake was once a human as well? If the adolescent girl had anything to do with Anastasia’s transformation, I was going to knock a tree over.

The commanding voice of the Seragamma had an effect on Oenpelliensis too, as he further squared his shoulders. Bleeding Moon’s were a typically solitary species, so it made sense he saw this as a challenge. However, I didn’t have the patience for Oenpelliensis to challenge every single male who entered the territory. I needed to have a word with him in private, as soon as I got the opportunity, that is.“Take it easy Oen, there’s a hatchling beside you that I’d rather you avoid hurting.” I ordered, having only just noticed the presence of a Golden Wyvern hatchling. I assumed he or she was Esko’s, since he was the only other Golden Wyvern about. Travelling with so many hatchlings was going to be a trial, feeding them however? Probably not an issue with the number of adult dragons around. I ran my clawed paw under my chin, other arm still held across my chest. We’d have to think of something. Half of these dragons weren’t alpine species, not to mention, I was getting cold again.

I looked at the Howler Drake, practically hiding behind the Seragamma Wyvern. I was glad in a sense, that I wasn’t bothered too much by the number of dragons around. Flight on the other hand? That bothered me, and if my sense of foreboding was an accurate judge, there’d be a lot of that to come in the future.

To be honest, I was being overwhelmed by the sheer number of human dragon keepers turned dragon, and their draconic buddies. I had to keep tabs on Lumina at all times if I was to be sure she wouldn't try to offer chocolate to every single one. Ludwig, on the other hand, was far too uneasy for his own good, and was starting to shiver, not from the cold, but from fear. Fear of what all the dragons gathered here could do to him if they wanted. I adopted a more defensive stance, hugging him closer to me while the other dragons continued talking about how they had become dragons, or had followed their humans-turned-dragon on their travel here.

Gowdali fixed his eyes on Oenpelliensis and I, fearing a fight was about to break out, nudged him. "Please don't start anything," I begged.

Gowdali simply looked at me, then back at Oen, then towards Omen and gave only a brief glance to the Moonstone. With a growling sigh he relaxed his stance.

"Oen, huh? That's your name?" He directed this at the aggressive Bleeding Moon. I could see his claws were still tense lest Oen lashed out.

I decided to take a risk and stepped forward a little. "If I'm being too much of a bother I can leave. I came on an impulse and didn't think about it."