Clown_of_God

Night Follows

note to everyone here: I'll post as Sophie again soon but wanted to give someone else a chance first at posting since I don't want to machine-gun with just Aroara and myself.

also the extra info about Nightfall is very good to know smile.gif; thanks zakku happy.gif.

While we are on technology its a good time to mention Skinners little quirk.

Technology (other than a few exceptions) completely stops working when he is around.

XM wrecks circuit boards if they spend too much time around him

Oh fun. No Radioshack for Skinner x3

I'm curious. Would anyone want to have a bit of history between their character(s) and Tiko? It could be good, bad, neutral, brief, longer lasting, etc. I ask this in order to help smooth out any possible relations as he tries his best to make every newcomer feel welcomed and get started on their feet in Nightfall.

Well, crap. When I first looked at this RP, I didn't find it interesting... and next thing I know, it looks like the best thing I've seen around the forums.

Count me as interested, Zakku, and probably joining as late as tomorrow. If, you are willing to accept, of course. biggrin.gif

Of course. It'll probably remain open until we're either too indepth with a plot or... meh... Besides, it's an open plot RP. You wanna do something, do it... to an extent, of course.

I'm curious. Would anyone want to have a bit of history between their character(s) and Tiko? It could be good, bad, neutral, brief, longer lasting, etc. I ask this in order to help smooth out any possible relations as he tries his best to make every newcomer feel welcomed and get started on their feet in Nightfall.

Considering Juniper's tender nature, i think she and Ash would have a history with tiko. Juniper offten visets the D's anyway and helps out with food, Tiko could have led Ash to the man he is working for, and as thanks Juniper gives him leftover food from the meals. and in whinter she gives him scarves and offers a little bed to stay in at their place.

It's likely x3 Tiko wouldn't want nice people to be caught in trouble.

Anyways, Tiko doesn't need to eat so he doesn't make a requirement of it. However, he'll sometimes gnaw on some kind of piece of the Earth out of boredom. He'll occupy himself with nibbling on clumps of soil, gems, stones, and so on. As such, he'll end up absorbing whatever mineral components make up the piece of earth. It actually often advances his aging a bit in various amounts based on how old the piece is.

Ah, but it still dosent stop Juniper. Deek-kin live in the woods, and make herboligy their speshalty. every deer-kin is requitred to know this. (They are vegitarians and gather their own foods, they have to know it to servive) And she does a lot of reading, so i think it is safe to say study of plants requires the study of soil..... she might try and find him fosles and minerals he could eat when she find out he doesnt eat normal food... Or Ash does, from working in the fealds...

(sorry red! whant to give narvis a chaince to reply so i can do both of my charaters at the same time other thentwo seprit ones, that'll be harder to do.)

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Fair enough x3

Fossils would be a bit tricky for Tiko to absorb. He wouldn't be able to absorb mineral components from the bones themselves but you could consider him a cleaning service. He'd eat away all of the earth that's around the bone(s), leaving the bone clean and undamaged.

EDIT: I get the feeling that Noah might try to feed on Tiko at some point aha |D

Edited by Narvix

I'll post as Sophie later since I'm going to have dinner with my dad; just thought I'd let you know.

(( Oh god, I made this so long. xd.png ))

Username: KuroKishi

Name: Vex, the Chain Reaper (Victor Exton)

Race:

Thresher - A strange race of ghost-like reapers, Threshers have existed since the dawn of humankind. Their power to take lives and maim or even kill without a single touch is something dreaded by any lesser species and respected by higher ones. However, with their low amount, they are often made fun of or rumored about. These malefic beings are born from the souls of the worst humans in history. Mass murderers, war leaders, revolutionary heroes... quite literally, anyone who has stained their hand with blood. Of course, in extremely rare cases, this may mean people who serve normally - uncorrupt police officers, soldiers, or a normal person that somehow killed someone - but with the already low chance of turning into a Thresher, such cases are almost unheard of. Their look is unusually modern, with the main thing making them different from humans being the pure black, skeletal bodies they have, which are often surrounded by an ethereal body made up of cursed flames. These flames are far less visible in weaker beings, with some even not harboring a flame because of their weakness. They can burn in any color, but always stick to one through the Thresher's lifetime. The main thing one can seperate these ghastly reapers is the skull or face - each and every one is unique. Lastly, a Thresher usually reaches well over 300 years, with some even managing to get to 500. As for their gender, though it's unknown if they can mate, all Threshers show traits of one gender or another.

Power/s:

Passive: Soul Reaper: As a Thresher, Vex is able to collect souls of dead beings, as well as the essence of anything dying around him. He already has a vast array of these souls, which unwillingly become his energy source every day. These poor, lost souls are both his sword and shield, being able to create his chained scythes and hexagonal barriers whenever he wishes so. Vex becomes stronger if he is close to anything dying or dead, be it plant or being, and the night further empowers his souls, as that is the time of the unliving.

Active: Death Sentence: Vex summons an ethereal chain with sickle, then proceeds to spin it at the side of his body. Less than a second later, he throws it out at a target. If it's a being of some sort, he catches it, and is able to move to it almost instantly by pulling himself forward. If it's a part of the enviroment, he becomes 'attached', being able to use the chain as a rope to run along walls or quickly ascend a building, if need be. The chains are indestructible, and burn with a cursed flame on touch, which means their fire can't be put out by water, and it is more painful to pure and holy beings.

Active: Curse of the Damned: Vex curses a target in his sight, which causes it to slowly die off. This power can kill plants and weak organisms. A lesser species can be rapidly damaged by this ability if it remains in his vision, but stronger beings are usually able to shrug off the pain and continue. That doesn't make them invincible, however, for if even the strongest vampire lord remains in Vex's line of sight enough, they will drop dead.

Description: Vex stands at 6'4, making him stand taller than most of the citizens of Nightfall. His inner black skeleton is suprisingly well-kept, with barely a scratch or slight dent to be seen - probably because of the dark red, slightly muscular ethereal body coating it, burning dimly during the day and brightly at dusk. Over this, he wears a pair of matching striped black pants and a striped black coat, under which he has a white shirt and a black tie. As the black coat's sleeves reach the elbows, however, the surface turns strangely plate-like and red, ending in a pair of crimson spectral gauntlets. His legs are also adorned with two plated boots that end rather sharply and glow with a red, spectral light.

Vex's face is quite unlike a normal skull. First, the only remaining part of the black skull is the front of the face attached to the upper jaw, as well as the lower jaw itself. These parts are also quite shorter, with the lower jaw ending in short spikes and the upper face part sporting two sharp cheekbones. From the top of his forehead emerge three 'branches of bones', which remind one of long hair as they slowly go over an imaginary head and fall down shortly thereafter. His eye sockets are narrow, as if he sports an angry expression, and both of the jaws lock together with two zig zag-like series of teeth. Finally, one could describe his voice as a mix of multiple people, combined heavily with echo, an arrogant tone and a slight dose of creepiness. Here's a sample.

(( If you didn't get anything from the description, here's a picture of what I based him off on. ))

History: The Thresher, known as Vex, started his life rather humbly as a young englishman named Victor Exton. He had a rather normal life, with being a good student in school and then working on an 8-hour job in his early 20's to earn some money. Life was somehow on the upside for him, however, as he managed to marry the girl of his dreams and buy a house in the same year. Funding the newly-made family and earning enough money to pay the house was difficult with an usual office job, however, so Victor went into some shady buisness - assassination and mercenary work. A quick course on marksmanship and a rather impressive serving record of one year later, he was in the Black Adder company which operated in Southern Africa. There, Victor killed over twenty assailants of a small village his force had been stationed at, earning him the nickname Vex. One night, however, rather suddenly, the entire village became the victim of a bomb. The man survived and quieted down in one of the ruins, staying silent as trucks rode into the destroyed town. With his instincts sharpened and a lust for vengeance, Victor silently murdered all of the attackers, then passed away shortly afterward to his wounds.

As Vex lost his hold on life, he felt himself slowly ascending and detaching himself from the mortal plane. However, rather suddenly, everything stopped. He felt how he was yanked back from the walk to eternal sleep and forced into a strange phase. Then, unexpectedly, he opened his eyes to see a street in Nightfall. Strangely, Vex had appeared from a space-and-time warp in the D sector that had left a crater the size of a small house. No one had a clue as to how he appeared, but the rumors passed off sooner or later when other representative Threshers stepped forward to handle the nuisance. Years passed, and thanks to said Threshers, Vex learned what he was and how to utilize what he'd become. He turned into a professional guardsman and managed to scale up the industry all the way to the moment he was invited by the Sekher family. Now, he lives in one of the A sectors, working semi-daily as a personal bodyguard or mission enforcer for the Templar-associated house.

Personality: Vex is definitely a unique persona. During everyday activities, he is friendly and social, preferring to spend his time in the company of others like him. His acts as a male certainly are visible, too, as he tries - rather unsucsessfully, because he's a ghost - to flirt or speak with females. He has a knack for drinking alcohol, which seems to have a nonexistent effect on him because of the strange body that he has. When on a contract from the Sekher family or the local authorities, he acts like a true professional, focusing directly on the task and its accomplishment. His combat skills are certainly high, as he is able to take down groups of lower species and battle on-par with higher ones with ease.

At night, however, something changes the Thresher. His visage becomes even more frightening, with his crimson body flaring up, turning brighter and burning with a blood red flame, while his usually dark skeleton turns into a strange white one. This 'form' happens naturally as midnight approaches, though it can be caused by bouts of anger - in cases where he's angered enough, he'll go through an explosive transformation, with the blast that occurs as he shifts being able to flatten small buildings if not contained. If he is not on an important task, the man walks off to one of the long-forgotten D sectors, where it's rumored he fights criminals who threathen him or society. All the shories share one defined detail - he only strikes if he's struck upon first, or if he sees someone get struck.

Sector: A-4

Other: Vex is somehow rain-intolerant. If it rains outside, then he'll most likely be somewhere inside. Though nobody has seen him hiss in pain when he gets rain water on his body, he seems to prioritize keeping the skeleton safe from the abrasive effect that water has on materials like bones.

Edited by KuroKishi

Feel free to make the shoemaker into whatever being you'd like, Aroara. I'm set on giving the NPC reigns to you for this one x3 Have fun with the lewd/vulgar/impersonal personality-type aha.

I'm waiting for Red first. Only fair after all.

Feel free to even use a different name for ol' Reginald x3 We can play it as Zaphyr being "oh, but you look much like a Reginald to me!" |D

ah its fine, he can yell at him saying "How many times do i have to say it! call me Reg!"

Eedit; thats just the begining of his behavior, he's kinda arnry too.

((i do apoligise for my spelling, in the rps i try to type them in word before i post, i don't feel the need to do that in OCC... for obvios reasions.))

Going to post in the rp now and sorry for the wait. After dinner, we found Peter Pan Live on t.v. and started to watch it and then I got home an hour ago my time (which is U.S. eastern time), got ready for bed, and replied to a pm before posting this message in here.

Edited by redfox

Be patient smile.gif you can always start thinking while waiting. You don't have to wait for acceptance to start thinking on your intro, just for posting it lol.

Kuro, you're approved. Sorry, thought I took care of that. Welcome to the group!

Oh! Spyro! i have a question for you!

A NPC menchiond to my charater Juniper that there was a woman that threw a lot of partys and was in need of enternaiment. (music) I was wondering, could it beTempist's mother?

(and waiteing for your post narvix.. smile.gif ))

Alright, new character time!

Username: pudding

Name: Xanti

Gender: His species doesn't have a concept of gender or sex so he usually just rolls with male pronouns.

Race: Wayfarer Xanti hails from like race known as Wayfarers. These nomadic, isolationist creatures are generally considered to be blank slates and their numbers are unknown in the world but generally thought to be few. Their eggs-hard, round pods that look more like rocks than anything else-can take several hundred years to hatch as the babies are very slow to reach the state in which they actually are ready to wander the world. When they do finally come out of their eggs, the small babies are small and covered in very dense, grey or white fur. Somewhat like insects, they take on three forms in their lives and this very fuzzy stage could be considered a larva. In this stage in their lives, they are possessed by an uncontrollable urge to wander the Earth (hence the name). The journey that they take, which can last an incredibly long time, is done in order to find something special to them. This special thing can be a place, idea or thing but when it is found, the Wayfarer becomes absolutely obsessed with it. Like a dragon with it's hoard, it begins collecting and protecting whatever it's special thing is and generally surrounding itself with whatever it has decided to like.

This leads to the second stage that Wayfarers take on. Once they find their special thing, they enter their intermediate form. This is classified by sudden and intense growth spurts, sudden gains or losses of body parts and the gaining of abilities centered around their love. This second stage is generally very swift and can take only a week for the tiny, adorable hatchling to completely change into another, generally much larger form. In this form, they usually gain several abilities centered around whatever their love is. This final form is the one they will remain in for the remainder of their lives and will spend their time focused entirely on whatever their special thing is. Sometimes, they end up being worshipped as deities when they end up devoting themselves to a specific land or a concept.

Power/s:

Aside from a great stamina allowing him to roam around with few breaks, Xanti has no special abilities to speak of. His powers will manifest later on, whenever he finds what his special thing is. So he doesn't have powers right now, per say, but rather the potential for them.

Description: Xanti

Xanti, being in his hatchling form, his about the size of a golden retriever. His entire body is covered in off-white fur, except his front paws and his cheeks which are a darker grey. His front paws, actually, are less paws and more a primitive form of hand covered in fur, allowing him to grasp and pick up things. Additionally, while running on all fours is much easier, he is capable of short sprints on his hind legs that are faster but cannot be maintained as long.

History: Xanti's egg, like many eggs, did not hatch right away. It is unknown how long he spent inside of it but when he finally did hatch, his egg had been placed inside of a museum exhibit on meteorites since it had been thought to be a chunk of an asteroid. Like all of his kind, he spent his time wandering. Despite finding quite a few different types of places and a variety of different things, he never actually found his special place or special object. However, he did manage to find Nightfall. Due to the unusual nature of the city, he has remained there much longer, trying to figure out if one of the many unusual things there is his special thing.

Personality: Rp'ed

Sector: C-10 (As a stray, however, so it can't really count as living there)

Other:

Hmm, this sounds interesting. Is this alright?

Username: polaristar

Name: Kane Wolfe

Race: Werewolf: Kane is part of the race of werewolves, a majestic race of huge wolves with widely varied coats. Kane is a pureblood wolf of the Thunder pack, a strict and highly trained pack of fighting machines. The wolves in the Thunder pack are trained to fight as soon as they can walk, and this instinct that is ingrained in them is carried on when they phase around the age of 15-17 years old. Werewolves are generally immortal (but still able to be killed) until they stop phasing for good, in which they start aging again, but at a much reduced rate to that of a human. To the Thunder pack, dying in battle is the best way to go, and to be defeated is the greatest humiliation. Because of their wolf blood, werewolves run unusually high temperatures, usually around 108-110 degrees. Because of this, they will usually wear shorts and a tank top, or among their pack males may wear no a shirts at all. As a result of their high temperature, the first shift is extremely painful as their bodies have to adapt to such a temp. Though this doesn't take long, it feels like a very long time for the new wolves.

Power/s:

Phasing - Kane can phase into a giant wolf

Heightened Senses: Kane's senses are heightened as a human, and even more so as a wolf.

Super Strength/Speed

Description:

Human Form

Wolf Form

History: Kane comes from a long line of alphas, and was destined to be the next - that is, until he was exiled after being unjustly accused of murder. Though this accusation was true, it was for completely different reasons than what the pack said. After hearing of a rebellion, Kane knew he had to destroy it at its source, which meant killing another of his pack. After being found with the traitor's blood on his white paws, he was exiled to roam as a lone wolf. Upon hearing about Nightfall, he decided he had nothing to loose and came to the city.

Personality: Kane is moody and intelligent, with lightning quick thinking and battle skills that are practically unmatched. His instincts, not quelled as he was still the rightful alpha, are to keep those that he cares about safe from harm. Kane is a loner, though not by choice.

Sector: A-2

Other:

Edited by polaristar

Sweet, thanks. Zakku, I edited my post to add more info about the werewolves. And can I please have a recap or somethin'? Thanks.

Well basically my character Sophie and one of Arora's characters, Ash, are at a pub in the b sector with two of Narvix's characters, Cadmi and Dahlia, and they're eating and talking and then the other characters are scattered in different places so I'm not sure exactly where those chars are.