cattygal210

The Lab

Laughing, Starla recollected herself a few streets away, phasing back together in a cramped alley, the cash register just a few feet away. Starla checked herself, patting from the top of her head to her toes to make sure she hadn't suddenly sprouted a few buttons from her forehead a-la cashier style.

Grinning in relief, she hefted the cash register up and off the ground and looked at it closely. It had an employee fingerprint coded locking mechanism.

of course.

Holding the heavy box with her hands on either side, she concentrated, bouncing microwaves like electric shocks between her palms. First an electric tingle that made her tongue taste of iron, and then a magnetic wave only half a millisecond long, but which made he rings on her fingers jitter. The metal cash drawer spat sparks and heaved, weeping licks of blue lightning before giving one final leap and snapping open; throwing wads of cash in every direction.

Starla pumped her fist, casting a quick glance behind her before shrugging off her backpack and stuffing it with handfuls of bills. Throwing it back over her shoulder, Starla walked with exaggerated casuality back out of the alley, her brightly colored sneakers beating out a quick stride as she jogged down the street. She wondered if there was a greyhound station anywhere in this deadbeat town....

----------------------------

The cashier sat, head bowed, in an uncomfortably stiff chair in her managers' office. She was waiting, of course. Shifting to clean her glasses with a wipe of her sweater, she wished not for the first time, that she had never had to take this job. The door opened with a click, and the cashier, who's name was Rita, jumped.

The manager, a short greasy fellow by the name of Phil, plopped himself down into his desk chair, tossing a dvd onto the table. The two sat in uncomfortable silence for a moment before the man reached over, clicking a tv on with his remote.

Instantly, a picture of the store flickered into view, complete with a very bored looking Rita sitting obediently at her register. The security footage. Rita breathed a sigh of relief. He would see it wasn't her fault! She would keep her job! On camera, a light flashed, and the brightly dressed girl who had been hiding behind a rack just a moment before was gone appearing a moment later in front of the register before heaving it into her arms; disappearing with another flash.

Rita gaped.

She looked from the footage back to the manager, who sat quietly, chubby fingers steepled beneath his chin. "I'd just like you to know that we won't be requiring your services here any longer, Rita." Phil said quietly. "I informed you when you began working here that I wouldn't tolerate any funny business and this" he stabbed a finger hotly towards the television "tells me that you think you can fool around with our cameras and get away with it?" He steepled his fingers once more before sliding an envelope across the desk. "Here is your final paycheck. Don't bother asking me for a reference; just be thankful I haven't reported you to the police for stealing corporate property." With that, the man swivelled back around, leaving Rita to take her check quietly and to stand on wobbly legs.

Stomping furiously out of the store, purse held over one shoulder, Rita punched a number on her cell phone. She'd always looked down on her sisters' job with the tabloids, calling it "Trash-Collecting" whenever she was out of earshot. But this? This was war.

"Luna?" She said into the phone, choking back tears of anger "I know you're never gonna believe this......"

(Whoa, gone for 2 days and come back with a wall post ohmy.gif guess I'll do y intro post then even though I have no clue to wait's going on)

Zoey peered into the darkness, her chocolate brown eyes trying to absorb the shape of darkness. Her human eyes weren't as great as the one blue robotic eye that she had in the middle of her forehead. She was alone in her cage right now so that normally gave her time to think. She looked at her left hand and winced. She was trying to summon the gun that can come in and out of that hand. She sighed and gave up after five minutes of trying to summon it. It was like the robot part of her wasn't activated.

"Over here, Danny-o!" Kitty shouted. "Did you find any wood?" She asked him, taking a bite of the rabbit. "I'll wake Kein once you two leave. He needs his rest but I don't want him wakin' on his own with two of our group missin'." Kitty said.

-------

Logan snapped his fingers, summoning a bone rabbit. He placed shadows around it to look like fur. "Keep an eye on the group. I don't know who they are or what they want. And so I'm gonna find out." He said quietly.

((Kein, Kitty, Danny, Phill, and Sierra have taken refuge in a cave safehouse. Logan is camping nearby. Sierra and Phill are about to leave to find Kitty's family. That's just what's happening around my characters, I'm not completely sure what everyone else is doing.))

Edited by polaristar

"Please don't call me that my old name is dead like me so I'd prefer it if you called me zombie like everyone else. "He said lowering his gun and putting it back in his holder " were are you two going I don't think the team leader over there is ganna like you'll going out on your own especially you."he turned his eyes to sierra crossing his arms " but whatever well tell him when he was up so best be on your way."

((i just introduced my character, who is pretty much zipping around on her own being not-so-subtle about her powers in public and being a theiving nuisance. ))

Sierra wrote Kein a noye so that if he was to awake he would know the address to find her. She heard zombie trying to make them stay. "It'll be ok. They're just my family. We'll be back before we go to attack Axel." She then went back to Phil. "Ready?" She asked looking at the long road ahead of them.

Zack looked up as some scientists approached him. He was one of the better experiments in the lab so he got to do whatever he wanted, minus hurting anyone. He was now a small purple dragon with yellow wings. He heard recently that some of the experiments got out, luckily not the half robot one. If that one got out then the lab itself could be in danger.

Logan yawned, his stomach full. The rabbit came bounding back a short while later. "Two are leaving. A wolf boy and a girl with wings. One of the group is the zombie you met earlier, and the other is a winged girl who smells like cats. There is another inside the cave, but I did not enter for fear they would catch me." The rabbit said in the strange language of the dead that only Logan could understand. "Thank you." He said, before snapping his fingers. The rabbit vanished, and Logan leaned back, curious. Why were two of the group leaving? He shrugged mentally. It was none of his concern. Logan could honestly care less, as long as they posed no danger to him.

-------

Kitty sighed. "Be safe, guys. I don't wanna have a giant flaming rage dragon on my hands, so do me a favor and return in one piece." She said sarcastically. Kitty turned to Zombie. "Sorry dude. Didn't know you preferred Zombie over Danny. And why don't you have any firewood? You've been out for ages. You better have a very good explanation, pal."

Poppy logged onto her computer and pulled up Google Maps. The boy that was creating the dream was close, that was for sure. She was also pretty sure that he was still sleeping too. That was good. She expanded the screen to about a hundred miles out and leaned close to get a better look. She could smell something off while she was in his dream. Something like soil or dirt. Not much of a clue but it was something. Fifty miles. Maybe. She wasn't perfect at this and she wasn't going to pretend she was. She needed to find them though. A group that large could fund her lifestyle for a year.

Poppy walked into the kitchen and started making herself something to eat, 'Hey Siren. I'm awake", she called into the house, "I need to go back under though. Wanna come this time?" She had never taken her roommate into the dream realm before. She was scared how she would take it. Lucid dreaming to the extent Poppy could was strenuous on the mind. Sleep is a time for rest and, while her body is getting plenty of it, her brain didn't have anytime to fix itself. Up side was that her mermaid friend might be able to walk. Or swim in the air. Or anything she wants really. Entering the dream realm alongside Poppy meant they had access to the reality bending abilities that Poppy had. Besides, she might need backup in finding these runaways. Siren did know the area better than her, even if it was only the underwater side.

He walked to the table sitting on a chair " well you see I saw this weird cat or was it a rabbit I don't know but it was made out of bones I'm assuming it was scouting out the area."he said putting his feet up on the table " what's that nasty smell?"he scrunched his nose " but ya I followed it to some other guy he's like us but it turns out he just wants to be left alone so I left but told him if he ever needed anything he should come with us." He glanced at kitty side ways " is that good enough for ya kitty?"

"Hmm... fascinating..." Kitty said, only half listening to what Zombie was saying. Her head jerked up when she realized wat he had said. "You're telling me that you found another one like us and didn't bring him back? He could be working with the Legion!" She said angrily.

-------

Logan put out his fire and changed into his shadow form, gliding silently up the trail that Zombie had told him about. He wasn't going to join them - no sir! He was going to investigate, make sure they aren't a threat. He heard one of the winged girls say something about the Legion. Logan slipped inside the cave, listening to their conversation. He chuckled quietly. She thought he was Legion. He was certainly not one of their little playthings. Apparently, the group here was runaways. "Interesting..." Logan whispered to himself.

Phill smiled at sierra and nodded "yes i am ready, 50 miles seems like a good run for me." Phill wasn't sure if he wanted to rely on his wolf form though due to the fact that he would have to not switch back human unless he wanted to be naked where ever he was and he wouldn't have any weapons other then his bite. He looked at sierra and stretched "ready when you are."

"Hey don't get fussy with me."he said getting up "maybe you should have told the other two to stay for all we know they could lead back the lab rats back to us." He walked up to her looking her in the eyes grinning and then walking out of the cave sitting on the ledge"And anyways he seemed like a decent guy so I offered help also you should probably check on kline make sure he hasn't hurt himself again"he waved his hand back at her " or you can join me either way he shows or do sent show I'm ganna wait our here."

Sierra nodded then spread her wings and took flight. She figured about 5 miles before they got to her house, she would have to tuck away her wings and keep her powers hidden. She flew north

Zoey blinked her eyes shut as light poured into her cage, relying on her robot eye. There was a Legion guy checking up on her. She now felt the robot side powering up inside her. It was always a struggle to contain it, but the one thing it couldn't do was break the chains...yet. The guy peered at her as he did the usual rounds with her. To make sure she was secured. She hasn't given them the satisfactory of speaking to them anymore nor did she want to. That was one thing her and the robot got along with. Another thing they agreed on was to escape. She had to think. She peered hard at her left hand. The gun. Why hadn't she thought about that before? But her hand was chained up. She had to wait for the Legion guy to exit. 'Robot, please wait,' she tried to tell the robot. 'Please just wait.'

Zack sighed as the Legion people asked him to do some rounds to make sure none others are escaping. He trudge along in the purple dragon form looking at each 'prisoner' that was caged. He scoffed at them for being so rebellious. Darn fools didn't see the glory of region.

Kein awoke he began to look around he could tell that Sierra was gone. He looked and saw a note as well. Kein smiled as he stood up, walking towards the entrance. He looked as she flew away, he knew that this was something she wants to do.

"Kitty and Zombie bro. There is something I need to show you." Kein said as he took one of the cooked rabbits. He walked in the middle of the cave, which then became a cross road.

"Follow me." said Kein.

Edited by HellFireSouLess

He got up mumbling as he did " I just sat down can't anyone get a break around here?"he said walking up kein " that thing your eating smells horrible. "He backed away from him a little " were are you taking us anyway I haven't even been into this part of the cave what's in there?"he asked unsure if he should tell him about the other guy named Logan.

((Extra character while I wait for Shadow. I hope goats are ok.

Name: Laverne

Nickname: Clover (Lucky Charms, if you're feeling condescending)

For/Against Dark Legion: Neutral

Powers/Special Abilities:

Laverne can manipulate vectors in a barrier that surrounds her body. She can also communicate with people telepathically, though this telepathy can only be used to talk.

History: Laverne was one of the first experiments done by the Legion before they moved onto humans. She escaped early on but since they had moved on to humans by that point, the search for her was put on the back burners.

Personality: Rp'ed

Other:

Looks: Laverne))

"Oh good, you're awake." Kitty watched in approval as Kein took one of the rabbits. "What do you wanna show us? Make it quick, I need to take a look around. Zombie found another like us. Said the man said he preferred his owm company, though." She said, tapping her foot impatiently.

---------

"Let's see what he has to show them..." Logan murmured. "They may not be Legion, but who's to say they don't have an ulterior motive?" He stood silently in the corner, his shadow form making sure he was undetected. Hopefully it would stay that way.

He gave her an stern look " what was that for I was planning in telling him later why are you so impatient for stop tapping your foot he seemed fine to me."

Kitty snarled. "Well sorry that I'm much less trusting of people after being kidnapped by the Legion! I'll just go see a phsychiatrist! Yes, I got kidnapped by an evil company that gave me wings and made it so I can change into a winged white tiger. That'll go over well!" She said sarcastically.

---------

Logan snickered. The girl called Kitty was quite amusing. Quite amusing indeed.

He glared at her " your not the only one kitty cat now try that and being killed and brought back in a dead body that does not age I can't even eat normal food for gods sake cause I just vomit it back up!"he walked ahead of them" And at least you have blood flowing through your veins and a pumping heart and can still feel cause I can never do that again. "He growled under his breath knowing she could here him. "Kein are we almost there!"

Edited by Kirito

Kein hit a button on the side of the wall. Kein began to walk inside, his footsteps echoed. Kein clapped his hands and the lights turned on. It was a training room, filled with everything they needed to train.

"I built this to with stand anything. Plus if you worried about me letting Sierra go don't be. I have my senses all on her right now. If anything attacks her i will know." kein told them.

"Use this to train or do whatever." Kein turned to them. He looked at Kitty, and smiled.

"Kitty? Want to go a round?" Kein asked as he finished the rabbit.

((Found the best picture to describe Kein's Dragon form ))

Edited by HellFireSouLess