DangerDragon

Trio Dragon's Rarity

Which one is the rarest Trio Dragon for you?  

77 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, the title says it all.

I couldn't find a thread about this- sorry if there is.

------

For me, rarest Trio dragon is Thunder, what about you? smile.gif

First of all, I've to say Trios are some of the most uncooperative species in breeding (along with metals and balloon etc.) They were such a pain especially when breeding with metals.

From past experience, when breeding Magma x Ice, it gives no eggs most of the time and Magma eggs when they do. So Ice was harder to breed than Magma to me. I haven't bred Thunder with other Trios, but they breed reasonably well with prizes.

As for obtaining CBs, I have no idea why but among the three biomes that give Trios, Alpine always have the most people, then Volcano, and lastly Desert. Ice is usually the hardest to snatch as it is always gone within seconds. Magma and Thunder can somehow sit there for around half a minute before someone decided to click on them.

Well I might be wrong, but this is what I've observed in the time period I have been here, and I used to spend quite a lot of time in the biomes every day.

For me, I can never seem to find any Ice

Magma and Thunder babies seem to like me tongue.gif

Like right now I caught a Thunder. xd.png

Edited by lollipop00

I've only been here for less than 2 months, so this is probably worthless haha.

I've had no luck with breeding yet so don't know about that.

CB wise, I've seen 2 magmas and caught none. I've seen no thunders. I've seen 3 Ices and caught 2 (on the same day hehe).

So for me, thunder is most rare and ice least..

I've only seen an Ice once and caught it, seen 3 Magmas and caught 2, seen 3 Thunders and caught 1 smile.gif Their rarity should be higher now(at least in the market) because now GoNs are breedable.

Magma is the most common for me and Ice is the rarest only because I rarely go to the Alpine xd.png

For me, thunders are the hardest to get. I rarely see them in the cave and they are hard to breed. I often see ices, even if I don't succeed in getting them. I am rarely in the volcano, so I don't know how often I would see them, but they are somewhere between ices and thunders regarding breeding.

Thunders for me :3 Ice I usually -- if not always -- am able to catch for tradefodder.

Based simply on what I've seen in the biomes and AP, I've seen Thunders the least. Very, very least. I see Magmas at least a couple times a week, maybe see an Ice or two a week, but nope, barely any Thunders at all.

I think it varies, like curled/sitting alts... I remember a while back I kept seeing thunders (I have 4-5 CB thunders ._.) and everybody needed CB ices... nowadays it does seem that CB thunders are rarer.

That said, I also think Pestilence also has a valid point -- how often you see a trio in the cave depends on how often you frequent its habitat. I don't check the desert as often as I used to because the dragons there don't seem as rare anymore.

Magma were the easiest for me when I started collecting. I traded for a couple of Thunders, and Ice were the hardest for me to find until February of 2013. Since then, Thunders have been the difficult ones. I have my level 2 scroll goals for Magma and am only missing one for Ice, but am only halfway to the level 2 goal for Thunders.

Honestly I'd say that Thunders are the rarest for me... Ice is pretty common though as I keep seeing them but I'm just too lazy to react fast enough.

For me, the Thunders and Ices are more common than the Magmas.

This is only the most recent numbers, but:

Seen 2 Thunders, caught 1

Seen 5 Ices, caught 1

Seen 1 Magmas, caught 1

I don't know, but Thunders are easier to catch. Maybe it's the description that's easy to recognize?

Edited by Meg_752

I think Magmas are the "rarest". I've seen tons of Ice eggs in the Alpine, especially during new releases, because the Alpine is the most frequented biome as has lots of rarer dragons as well as newer ones. It ends up moving fast.

Thunders are in the Desert, which has probably the fewest dragons out of all the biomes, and they're all fairly common. That said, it's more likely for a Thunder to pop up only because there are so few dragons in general and the Desert is one of the least frequented biomes, so they're fairly easy to catch.

Magmas are in the Volcano. It has a lot more eggs in it than the Desert, and it's not frequented as much because there are tons of commons that bury the rares like Magmas. Now, once they pop up it's fairly easy to catch them because the Volcano has medium traffic.

That all said, it's interesting that I've caught a Magma from the cave, but no Ices or Thunders even though I've seen them a lot. I really haven't seen any Magmas since when I caught mine, though, even though I technically caught her before biomes were introduced.

I voted for Magma solely because I never got any of my own. I only have one which was a gift, and I am positive that it is not going to produce any other Magmas in the following period.

Thunders are not much nicer to me either. At the beginning of July 2011, I got a Thunder from a friend, and out of seventeen children, the only one that is a Thunder was bred last week (finally, after three years, I managed to breed a Thunder!). I also happened to catch a CB Thunder yesterday, which is quite ironic, because I have been hoping for another Thunder all these years (so I would have at least one of each gender) and I snatched a CB Thunder right after I finally bred the other Thunder I wished for.

On the other hand, Ices love me and I love them. I caught my first Ice from the AP a month before I received the Thunder, it was my first trio (and both parents are CB, so no messy lineage). I bred several Ices and overall, I have a higher chance of producing Ice eggs rather than the eggs of their mate.

(Curiously, my luck made it so I would have more of each trio in the order I like them. xd.png My order from favourite to least favourite is Ice, Thunder, and Magma; exactly the order in which they are from most common to rarest for me.)

Edited by MichiyoSaitou

For me, it had always been really easy catching Magmas - I've caught quite a few (sometimes unintentionally) which I gifted away.

Also, my Thunders breed very well, so I voted for Ices happy.gif

Thunders are the most common for me- I've seen 4-6 in less than a week (so many I've lost count, basically, but I think it's I'm that ballgame) and caught two. Granted, I stalk the desert the most, and was actually look for a thunder specifically a few days ago. I don't see magmas very often, but I don't like volcano very much anyways. I'd say that ice is rarest because I'm often in alpine, and I rarely see their eggs.

I haven't actually bred my trios, so I can't comment on their rarity when it comes to breeding.