HorseChick

2014 World Cup

Are you interested in the World Cup?  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I, of course, want Germany to win the World Cup biggrin.gif

I don't think we will though. Portugal was... barely there somehow, I think that's the main reason we won.

Ghana will be tougher. I think they really want to win and they have more experience with playing in hot and humid weather.

I watch the World Cup #becausefutbol. Those commercials lmao. Regardless, it's pretty true. Soccer is my life.

I can't say I was surprised at the Mexico v. Brazil tie. Both teams are very good.

I've seen every game but two, and those I couldn't help. Previous things scheduled, but I was updated on the scores by family. ^^

edit;; god Chile is making some beautiful goals. 2-0 against Spain plus many awesome runs.

Edited by WolfLover8

edit;; god Chile is making some beautiful goals. 2-0 against Spain plus many awesome runs.

Definitely!

Spain really confuses me this time. I don't want them to win yet again, but I didn't want them to crash!

Definitely!

Spain really confuses me this time. I don't want them to win yet again, but I didn't want them to crash!

They just can't get past that goalie. All their fouls, also, aren't helping them.

I mean, most of these pushes in the whole world cup are just so messy. If you're gonna push, do it from the side, don't use your arms, and don't play the player! And they wonder why they get called on it! tongue.gif

Yeah smile.gif I support Chile in this match and until now all teams I wanted to win lost... so I'm really happy with this outcome. And of course it's interesting, dynamic match to watch.

I'm quite sure Italy won't win the cup, but at least hope it will do better than last time tongue.gif

Of other teams I liked Germany and especially Nederlands. And yeah, Chile did a great game with Spain tongue.gif

I'm not a crazy fan of football but sometimes when I'm free I'd like to watch it - and it happens frequently recently!

I'm an (informal) fan of German team. Yeah<3

Edited by Shelybear

I'm quite sure Italy won't win the cup, but at least hope it will do better than last time  tongue.gif

Of other teams I liked Germany and especially Nederlands. And yeah, Chile did a great game with Spain  tongue.gif

Even if I can't say that out loud over here, I hope it will, too xd.png I have a tiny weakness for Buffon (as long as he keeps his opinions to himself anyway) and want to see him play. (edit: that did make me enjoy seeing a frustrated Casillas...)

And even if I really can't say that out loud over here, I really enjoyed watching the Netherlands, too laugh.gif

I kind of want a classic football nation to win this time, maybe even England. Last time I rooted for an underdog, this time it's other way around.

Edited by blah

Why in the hell did Ivory Coast wait so long to sub in Drogba? Things could've gone very differently for them if they hadn't done that. Sigh. Such INSANE amounts of cheering/support from the Colombia fans though, great to see that.

This is just my second WC (only became a soccer fan in 2007) but so far it's disappointingly dull. Once the group stages are over things will almost certainly get more interesting, but geez, SO many skippable games thus far in hindsight. That Brazil v. Mexico match... ugh. Nothing is more painful than watching two good teams run around for 90+ minutes struggling to get anything at all done then ending in a 0-0 draw.

None of the teams I'm rooting for have even a vague hope of winning the whole thing, and I'm not sure who I'd want to take the cup at this point. I like underdog teams so it's hard for me to root for the big contenders. I did find myself rooting for my country's team for pretty much the first time ever the other day though. Still can't believe we actually beat Ghana... haha.

I've played soccer for years, but I've never been a huge fan of watching it being played professionally. I've been keeping up with the World Cup this year, though, and I do find it really interesting. I'm rooting for USA out of born-and-bred loyalty ('Murca), but considering we don't have a snowball's chance in hell of winning, I'm also rooting for Germany due to family roots.

I'm far more interested in the FIFA corruption and gross misuse of funds and destruction of Natvie land that went into Brasil hosting the World Cup than the actual soccer/futbal games/outcomes.

/bit of Debbie Downer

This is why I hate the World Cup. mad.gif

Costa Rica has been such a pleasant surprise so far. Playing in a group that included three past world cup winners, not a single person would have thought that they would make it to the Round of 16. Now that they've beaten both Uruguay and France, I'll certainly be cheering them on whenever they don't play any of my three teams.

I also agree on that but I'm still very exited for this.

I wish that my country wins the cup.

I understand the concern, I very much do. But movies, jewels, food, clothes, drugs... corrruption and unfairness are everywhere. The world cup still brings joy to many people and there are many innocent people involved.

That said - what was that, Argentina?! I don't think they deserved that last-second victory, Iran was the much better team.

Yeah, I get it, the World Cup is cool to some people, but imo it's just a waste of environment, native land, funds, etc. Kinda like the Olympics...

Edited by sparkle10184

Well,this is very similar to what happened in Mexico in 1968.

Hold on there, Horsechick! I assume that most of the people from whom you have made your conclusion are from America, or a country of the like. American football is what reigns here, not football football (soccer), which is what the rest of the world cares about.

Soccer is a great sport! And it is the sport that has most fans in the world! That should tell you how great it is. It's cool to hear others talk about recent games and their favorite teams.

Plus, like the Olympics, it give countries that, hate each other, are VERY different, or are very far apart, to come together and do something for fun! When else do you see so many nations in one place? It's unifying.

And for people like me who have close ties to their base culture, it is very easy to identify with and partake in.

I just watched America vs. Portugal, and it was an intense match, to say the least.

Christ, you had ONE JOB, guys - you couldn't hold onto that lead for the last 30 seconds of the match?! The one time I dare to root for my country in soccer, argh. And of course it had to be my least favorite person, Cristiano Ronaldo, contributing to that crushing draw. I can't believe the way some of these group rounds are turning out though. It's kind of hilarious.

LOL at Portugal scoring and drawing the game with like 20 seconds left to end. It would be funny if Portugal ended up eliminated from the World Cup like Spain was...

Anyway, Brazil (my country!) plays tomorrow against Cameroun, can't wait to see how that'll turn out. Hopefully they'll do better than what they did against Mexico.

I know, right? I sensed it coming though - no one was clearing the ball from their half of the field, and letting practically the entire team creep up near the goal. Sigh.

Whelp. The US needs to Tie or Beat Germany in order to stay in the game, while Portugal needs to win BOTH of their next 2 matches in order to stay. It wasn't a total loss, but Germany is a good team...

I am supporting 9 countries this year:

Germany

England

Brazil

France

Italy

Netherlands

Japan

Greece

Russia

Yay! I was going to support even more countries but then I'd end up supporting like 96% of them lol. I love this! ♥

Group A is getting pretty serious now. Mexico really needs to play with discipline against Croatia and win or draw, or else their chances are pretty bleak. My high school coach would be ecstatic though, he was an assistant on the previous Croatian national teams.

Also, here's an album of each group's outcomes using possible scores from each game:

http://imgur.com/a/47Fue

Edited by Bacon_Strips