HorseChick

2014 World Cup

Are you interested in the World Cup?  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So,I searched and there isn't any thread about it.

Today I just saw the football match and MEXICO WON!!!!!

What do you think about the World Cup?

Who do you want to win?

Conclusion:Almost everyone here doesn't cares about the football cup.

Edited by HorseChick

I cannot begin to tell you how very much I don't care xd.png

Tbh, I don't know anything about the World cup xd.png

It seems to me that very few of DC players are actually interested in the World Cup blink.gif I'm not interested either, but I know my classmates support Brazil and Spain while my mom supports Italy smile.gif

Unlike the majority here, I watch sports regularly and am very thrilled to watch the World Cup again this year. Despite the corruption going on in FIFA as of late, I'd be lying if I said that I would stop supporting it. Too much tradition!

I'm rooting for the USA, Mexico, and Ecuador (absolute awe to see them qualify), but the team I believe will win will either be Brazil (host nation, solid squad), Argentina (best player in Lionel Messi, who will be eager to prove himself with stable team), or Germany (whose players have plentiful experience on a large scale).

Or, of course, you can try betting on Honduras or Iran. If they win at 1500/1 odds, you will be proclaimed as a legend!

This explains everything.

Although I like playing sorts, watching them is a different matter. I'll watch them with friends and family, but for pass time, no.

I can't watch all of it (time zone difference), but some I definitely will smile.gif

Personally I support Uruguay (I really liked them 4 years ago), but I think Germany, Brazil and the Netherlands have the greatest chances to win.

I'm far more interested in the FIFA corruption and gross misuse of funds and destruction of Natvie land that went into Brasil hosting the World Cup than the actual soccer/futbal games/outcomes.

/bit of Debbie Downer

I'm far more interested in the FIFA corruption and gross misuse of funds and destruction of Natvie land that went into Brasil hosting the World Cup than the actual soccer/futbal games/outcomes.

/bit of Debbie Downer

Never mind THAT - what about Qatar. mad.gif

My first cousin once removed (the son of my cousin) and my cousin's husband are in Brazil for the World Cup. They are huge soccer (football) fans and have been to the World Cup several times. This year they will be in Brazil for the duration, and like me, will be cheering for the US. I don't expect that the US team will do too well, but because they are such great fans of the sport, I know that Dave and his son William are going to have a great time. I plan on watching some of the matches on the ESPN networks here in the states, but haven't watched any yet.

/bit of Debbie Downer

This is all I know or care about the world cup so far.

I think it'd be safe to say that Qatar's successful bid to host will be revoked, and a country with stadiums already built and maintained will host instead. The allegations are simply too much for FIFA to handle without backtracking on their bribes. Plus, Qatar's harsh heat alone is reason to get worried about.

Oh.On my school we were all screaming and shouting as Mexico scored a goal.

/bit of Debbie Downer

Was going to say this. If that weren't going on, I wouldn't care much for the World Cup at all.

I love football! I'm not happy with the first match of my country's team, but there are still more matches to fix that awful start.

Qatar's harsh heat alone is reason to get worried about.

Even if there hadn't been any irregularities with the voting, this is a more than good enough reason not to choose Qatar. The players' health should be higher on FIFA's list of interests.

I'm from Brazil and while I'm not that interested in football (+ I have a crapton of tests until July, wish I could watch some games like Argentina's but might not be able to), I've been keeping up with my country's games and they've been fairly entertaining to say the least. Seeing Brazil score a goal against itself (and the first World Cup goal, no less!) was quite amusing if I might say so.

Now, it really is unfortunate that a lot of money intended for health services, education, etc. was redirected to building the stadiums instead. I mean, I'm not against Brazil hosting a World Cup but I think it could be handled a lot better. The public services should be a priority, not the event. I don't know who watched them, but the protests in 2013 (June and July) probably voiced the people's indignation with the current government and the money that went into the stadiums.

With that said, I'm still hoping that Brazil wins (even though I think it won't). I don't have anything against Brazil's team. Besides, stopping the event now and ruining others' fun (like some people are trying to do) won't do much good for the country now. The money was already spent, what's been done has been done. For those who enjoy soccer, sit back and enjoy the games. Hopefully the people will voice their anger and discontent with the government in the upcoming elections.

As I supposed it it ended tied between Mexico and Brazil.

I think that no one here cares about it.....

While it's true that most people here don't care for it, there are certainly some people who are interested in the sport aspect of the World Cup. It's important to take into consideration the demographic of this forum as well, which is probably the reason why sports discussions here are few and far between.

Also, thank goodness Mexico's goalkeeping was able to secure it the tie.

Also, thank goodness Mexico's goalkeeping was able to secure it the tie.

It was awesome.

What is this even? I know its probably something to do with sports around the world but thats as far as ive gotten

What is this even? I know its probably something to do with sports around the world but thats as far as ive gotten

It's the football (as in soccer) World Cup. There's a tournament every four years with the national teams that qualify for it. It takes place in a different country every time and this one is in Brazil.