HorseChick

2014 World Cup

Are you interested in the World Cup?  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm kinda half don't care and half care on this topic.

I was into it the last world cup mostly because it was held in my country but now I feel bleh about it.

I do watch the games when ever its on television but I don't vote for anyone really.

Of course I'd like the USA to win but I think Brazil will win.

I agree with you but I wish that Mexico wins.

Yay! I was going to support even more countries but then I'd end up supporting like 96% of them lol. I love this! ♥

I know exactly what you mean! When I see how happy the players are and how ecstatic the fans are, I find it impossible not to wish them all the best of luck laugh.gif

When Germany played against Ghana, I could listen to people in the neighborhood watch the match the entire time. One of my neighbors has to be from Ghana, when Ghana scored, he kept singing and shouting with joy for at least five minutes xd.png

Even though it went against my own country, I couldn't help but laugh and be happy for him.

Suarez deserves a lengthy ban. I don't care how if he is one of the best players in the world right now, or if his style of play is "emotional". If you're guilty of something as uncivilized as biting three seperate times, you should seek help. I better not hear any Uruguay fans defending him, either.

I really hope Columbia destroys Uruguay now.

Edited by Bacon_Strips

Suarez deserves a lengthy ban. I don't care how if he is one of the best players in the world right now, or if his style of play is "emotional". If you're guilty of something as uncivilized as biting three seperate times, you should seek help. I better not hear any Uruguay fans defending him, either.

Agreed. As I've written before, I liked how Urugway played during last World Cup (on the majority of time), but now I'm more and more disappointed sad.gif

I really hope Columbia destroys Uruguay now.

THISSSSS. I cannot even deal with stupid fans being like "OMG LOL it's no biggie srsly. He's TEH BESSST, so what if he bites a dude once in a while?"

The guy's a massive jerk and he deserves to be banned from the rest of the tournament. I don't care how good a striker he is, he apparently hasn't learned that he can't go around doing whatever the eff he wants. He needs to figure out how to not act like an angry toddler if he wants to play with the rest of the grownup professional players.

Have they said anything about Michel Babatunde's (Nigerian midfielder) arm injury? I was watching the game and it definitely looked like that shot broke it. I know they splinted it on the field and carted him off on a stretcher, so it really doesn't look good for him. Any more news on whether it was actually broken and if he'll be back for their next match? All I've been able to find is a resounding "maybe" on both counts.

Also, OMG that hat trick during the Switzerland-Honduras game! I didn't even think I was going be invested in the outcome at all, and then Shaqiri got the first goal. And then he got the second goal. And then I spent the remainder of the game screaming at my TV and hoping for a third. (Honduras played the heck out of that game, though, so they didn't lose from lack of effort.)

Argentina V Switzerland is going to be interesting. biggrin.gif

Edited by LascielsShadow

Shaqiri killed my country's (Ecuador) hopes and dreams. If we only matched their result against France, we would have made it. Instead, our team played like they had nothing to gain, and ended up tying 0-0. So painful knowing that the last twenty seconds against Switzerland killed our chances.

At least we don't have to face Argentina. I'm not over them beating Mexico the past two World Cups.

Edited by Bacon_Strips

USA vs Germany finished 0-1. I'm a little sad that USA didn't win, but we're still advancing regardless, so of course I'm happy about that! ^^ And a very good game against Germany!

I can't say I keep up with the World Cup with dedication, but I'll watch matches every so often. I'm not a sports fan in general, but for some reason when it comes to the World Cup or Olympic I will happily watch games/events that would otherwise bore me. I'm supporting Germany for personal reasons, so I'm quite content at the moment!

Yay, Suarez has been punished (though not nearly harshly enough, IMO.) The new angle/footage conclusively prooves it was an intentional bite, so I hope the "HE JUST HEADBUTTED HIM WITH HIS TEETH" people can stop now.

Wow,why did Suarez bit the other player?

Behause he obviously has issues that he should try to work out. Being randomly aggressive like this is not healthy. Personally I think the punishment is severe enough though.

Soooo, from today on, it's a k.o. System, who do we want to become World Champion? From the Teams that are left I am rooting for Germany, the Netherlands and Brasil.

Holy crap, was that an intense match.

David Luiz scoring the first goal, followed up by Brazil's defense whiffing and causing Chile to score, the very close calls we had... I admit I had my hopes down when I heard that Chile was going to be our first opponent.

The game was solved on penalty kicks. Brazil beat Chile on the matter, 3 scores against Chile's 2.

É! JULIO CESAR! GO BRAZIL!

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Now, I think our next opponent will be either Colombia or Uruguay... unsure.gif

Edited by MetalDragon

I suppose that everyone in my country will be screaming and shouting if we score a goal. I will be like mellow.gif

Oh, right, I forgot. This is, like, a thing right now. *laughs at the people going crazy over other people running back and forth to kick something, then goes back to clicking on dragons*

Edited by PieMaster

*laughs at men with beer bellies chasing each other across a field and butting heads while holding pig's skin*

Every sport can be turned into something comical xd.png

user posted image

Pffft ahahaha. I would watch this movie. Also, I named my recently acquired vampire hatchling Luis Suarez, and will be biting as many eggs with him as possible. I hope someone who picks up one of his victims gets the joke and names their dragon accordingly. I can't tell if this is in bad taste or not, but I'm probably going to hell for it. cool.gif

I completely forgot there were games on yesterday, so I'm catching the reruns now. Personally I'd like to see the Netherlands take the cup to make up for 2010, but since everything and everyone I root for usually fails, it probably won't happen, haha.

I can't say I keep up with the World Cup with dedication, but I'll watch matches every so often. I'm not a sports fan in general, but for some reason when it comes to the World Cup or Olympic I will happily watch games/events that would otherwise bore me. I'm supporting Germany for personal reasons, so I'm quite content at the moment!

I thought you were hesitate choosing a team between Germany and America, Dimar.<3

I watched the America vs Germany one and that's quite impressive. Well done, both of the sides.

-

*ROFL* I've seen many photoshoped images about Suarez, which made me laughed.

Everyone in my neighbourhood are really excited about today's match I am like mellow.gif