HorseChick

2014 World Cup

Are you interested in the World Cup?  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Mexico just choked completely. Against the top team in the WC. Eight minutes from making the quarterfinals.

Life is cruel, and I feel dead on the inside.

Nigeria lost ;____;

It was kind of expected, but it's still a little sad. But they did do MUCH better than they did last season, so props to them! Especially that goalie...

Now to see how America does...

GEEEEEEERMANY WON!! <3 And France too! But they will play against each other, that's so sad. ):

I'm so happy, even though Greece was eliminated yesterday. I was so hopeful.

I am scared about Friday's game. I want Brazil to win the match. D: Haha

The elimination seasons is so scary omg! xd.png

Germany nearly botched the whole thing today, yikes. I was admittedly bummed when Algeria lost, they REALLY fought hard during that match, and to see them unseat a giant like Germany would've been neat.

/crosses fingers for glorious USA chokes tomorrow

...I'm horrible.

*laughs at men with beer bellies chasing each other across a field and butting heads while holding pig's skin*

Every sport can be turned into something comical xd.png

That's because all sports are comical tongue.gif I can watch some sports, but I just don't get the point of most, haha.

As a German I'm sending all my love&support to the German team from Japan, of course! <3

The US had a very good run this season. I'm sad that they lost, but they did their best, and I'm proud of them!

The US had a very good run this season. I'm sad that they lost, but they did their best, and I'm proud of them!

I second this. ^^ I was hoping for two more goals in overtime, but it didn't happen. I'm willing to bet that we would have probably been in for longer if it weren't for so many injuries so early on, but there's nothing to be done once they happen but let them heal and hope that next time we go further! :3

The US national team typically isn't consistent on finishing unfortunately. We're good at the "holy crap we're losing, UNDERDOG POWERS ACTIVATE" stuff, but creating those same opportunities when we're NOT already losing seems to be our huge weakness. Having a healthy Altidore could've made a gigantic difference against Belgium too. Was a good game though, very intense in the extra time. And how about Tim Howard? He's one of my favorite players and he was an absolute superhero today. That we didn't lose by a much larger margin is thanks in huge part to him.

So glad that this WC is now making up for the few initial matches that were pretty dull. TONS of drama, and I love to hear Ian Darke freak out whenever something awesome or horrible occurs. Lol.

Well, I missed the USA game today because of work, but that was a heartbreaking loss to go back and watch. Looks like I'll be pulling for Germany exclusively now.

All of the underdog teams I've been rooting for have lost. And my three personal teams (Ecuador, Mexico, and the USA) all lost a chance to advance in the final seconds. This World Cup has been toying with my emotions. >.<

Luckily, I now have two days to decide which teams I'll be rooting for next.

I doubt we'll get past Colombia (kind of lost hopes after seeing our performance against Chile) and let alone France or Netherlands, but seeing Brazil X Argentina (in the finals!) would be a very interesting match IMO. wink.gif

Edited by MetalDragon

I doubt we'll get past Colombia (kind of lost hopes after seeing our performance against Chile) and let alone France or Netherlands, but seeing Brazil X Argentina (in the finals!) would be a very interesting match IMO. wink.gif

Well,I think Brazil will win.

Welp. What the hell was up with that Colombian player kneeing Neymar on the back? Our striker had to be removed from the field and replaced with some other guy. That deserved a red card IMO.

At least we still won, 2X1. Go Brazil- oh wait, our next match is VS Germany. Crap. rolleyes.gif

EDIT: Looks like the injury was bad enough to keep Neymar out of the Cup. Thanks, Colombia.

Edited by MetalDragon

EDIT: Looks like the injury was bad enough to keep Neymar out of the Cup. Thanks, Colombia.

Oh yes, it was.

I can't believe this. How unfair! That Colombian player wasn't even punished. -.- What was the referee (not sure how it is called in English) thinking?!

I noticed Neymar have been "attacked" several times during the games... until he's gotten actually out of the World Cup. Wow, great! *rants*

So... yeah. I will just hope for the best, I hope he'll have a very fast recovery and Brazil is going to get a really great new player.

At least, three of the nine countries I'm supporting this year are still in the game.

The refs were pretty awful in the Brazil-Colombia game. In fact, it seems that every Brazil game gets the worst referees (though I doubt they are bias in favor of Brazil).

Although I want Costa Rica to win, realistically there's no way they'd win against the Netherlands. Belgium could win as well, but Messi is the deciding factor.

I'm pretty sure Germany will win the World Cup now, even if the game against France was utterly boring.

I'm really not sure what Felipão (the coach) is going to do about Neymar being unable to play for the rest of the tournament now. I THINK the other options for a striker are Jô (who did a god-awful performance against Chile) and Bernard who is kinda meh. The team relied too much on Neymar so I'm not sure how well our match against Germany is gonna go. :/

To add insult to injury, the captain and defender Thiago Silva got a yellow card and got suspended from next game when he tried to interrupt the Colombian goalkeeper from kicking the ball (?!). From what he said in an interview, he got in the way when he was trying to cross to the other side or something. Oh well. Our top goalie (Julio Cesar) also got a yellow card so he'd better be careful next game.

Also, I think it was pretty cool of David Luiz (our other defender) to go console the Colombian player James Rodriguez (or something) and ask for applauses from the crowd for him. He seems like a pretty nice guy, great player too. Daniel Alves (I think) also went to console James and he wasn't even playing in this match.

I am a bit lost,can someone update on the matches?

Brazil won against Colombia, Germany won against France.

Netherlands won against Costa Rica, Argentina won against Belgium.

The semi finals are: Brazil vs Germany & Netherlands vs Argentina. smile.gif In three days we'll have Brazil vs Germany.

Also, I think it was pretty cool of David Luiz (our other defender) to go console the Colombian player James Rodriguez (or something) and ask for applauses from the crowd for him. He seems like a pretty nice guy, great player too. Daniel Alves (I think) also went to console James and he wasn't even playing in this match.

Yeah I really admire this. They're good hearted and nice. smile.gif

This. I really liked their behavior smile.gif

All teams I was rooting for lost... 3 days to decide

Brazil won against Colombia, Germany won against France.

Netherlands won against Costa Rica, Argentina won against Belgium.

The semi finals are: Brazil vs Germany & Netherlands vs Argentina. smile.gif In three days we'll have Brazil vs Germany.

Yeah I really admire this. They're good hearted and nice. smile.gif

Oh,thanks

I'm not too into it, but I've been watching the scores for Germany. They seem to be doing pretty well, so I'm happy about that. They beat France 1-0 the other day.