Viirin

Azure Wyrm

((OOC: oops, sorry. I swear I thought I put the name in there. I'm going to have to triple check now))

DEWDROP

The slime decided to crawl on the warm thing. It wanted to know what it was and growing the thing to grab and poke stuff took a lot of energy and it knew it needed more to survive. It stopped, hoping to absorb some of the new stuff it had poked at.

Tch'ah

Well, the falling-things didn't seem to be hurting anything they touched. They made the wet-world quiver and stir, and bounced off of greenstuff, and fell apart themselves by the force of their impact. In fact, slime noted as it crawled a little out of the wet, they made hard-gray-blocks shiny and, as slime tested with a nudge of its front, slick. But still -- the slime was not sure whether its own membrane would be tougher than the drops. Which would prevail? The slime was nervous until it remembered that the blackspecks had dropped themselves on slime's self, but did not manage to pierce. So, probably, falling-wet-stuff (was it similar to water-world? confusing), which seemed quite fragile, would be safe enough. Emboldened by its logic, slime moved upward and onto a grey-hard-ground, and shivered.

OOC Don't forget the Christmahanzakwannikuh event on Dec 25

@Raptor: biggrin.gif Thanks

----------------------------------------------------------

@Aster: Each of the creatures was as big as the slime itself was, if its wings were ignored. A thought started to form inside its mind, probably an artefact from fusing Angry's wings to itself. But it was pushed away. There were... the slime couldn't count, but it could do other smart things! It couldn't count these. It... dang it, those thoughts were coming back, so the slime pushed them away again. The creatures came in a swarm, a big group from the surrounding area all at the same time. They got to where they should have seen the slime when it was on the ground, but when they saw nothing, they started getting noisier, and then one of them looked up. Then a lot of them looked up. They saw the slime! But they didn't seem able to do anything about it.

@Dewdrop: (unlocked: iceplant, red iceplant flower) The warm organic was thick and juicy, full of both wet and... well, it was tasty and filling, and had a very light taste that was barely even there, but for some reason it was just wonderful to consume and the slime couldn't help but consume more than it needed to in order to replenish itself.

@Tch'ah: More pain than the slime had ever felt yet shattered its feeling of safety immediately! The wet was NOT safe and not- AHH! It BURNED! How could wet burn? It had to get away from this! Was this kind of pain happening to everything it touched? How could such a horrible thing happen? The slime had to escape!

Zeditha struggled, trying to get out of the black thing. She tried to grab onto it with her feet and beak and pull it off her wings, intending to fly out of the way of the shiny. She didn't want to end up like Big! After a small time of unsuccessful struggling, though, she decided that freeing herself was a secondary problem; she had to get out of the way of the shiny. Still covered in the black thing, she dragged herself along as best she could, trying to move away.

Avisk kept moving toward the area it had last heard Unsure when it stopped short of entering the sort of clearing. Bigger things were there. Luckily the slime was still somewhat able to hide in the weird plants. Hopefully the fire wouldnt start. These big things were making odd noises and looking around. One glanced toward Avisk, but the slime shied away quickly. Better not get caught.

Looking back, the slime saw them all look up. Why up? Where was Unsure? Did they eat the friendly slime? Avisk focused some of the near 360 vision upward, still keeping an eye on the big creatures. Unsure was flying up above. Unsure!!! Flying!! Why couldn't Avisk get its wings to work before? Maybe it could now? But what about these creatures? The slime didnt think this through very well, too worried about losing Unsure like they had lost Kind.

Dewdrop

The slime was happy that it was absorbing really tasty organic matter. Once it had its fill, it was time to move on. If the slime had a sense of direction, it would have tried to remember this spot, but it wanted to go back to the wet and cold. It cautiously kept making the pokey thing thunder ahead to see what the slime would hit next.

Tch'ah

what what what wh-wh-wh wh-wha-wha-at-wh-ha-at-hwtahwthah waht what what what

no no -n-n-n-n

No coherence. Pain. Fear. Tremble, tense, flee! Back to the water, th-th-the water! Shaking, shake, shiver-in-fear, trust fragile and shattered. Maybe not... maybe slime's self was stupid, was not-smart, got self into trouble, but also out-of-trouble... ...slime was wrong. Complicated-reasoning failed where instinct had preserved.

...Slime let itself sink through the wet, eyes big and sore.

OOC sorry, had a lot of RL problems and my hypoglycemia is getting worse, so every time I eat, I fall unconscious. Makes it pretty difficult to concentrate on writing. Also, I've been writing a book. Let me know in PM if you want a link to it.

I'm also expanding the Christmahanzakwannikuh event, but just for this year, cuz I've been so erratic about my posting. As soon as this is posted, until Jan 1, you're considered qualified with your event request.

Also, anyone heard from Avialae? I can't do party posts if all the members aren't present.

--------------------------------

@Tch'ah: (unlocked: acid rain gland) The slime continued burning; submerging itself in wet didn't make any difference at all. The slime's senses started fading and its pain continued, and then it blacked out.

When it came to, there was no more pain, but it felt tired and hungry. A new thing inside itself was in a strange place, not to mention the fact that it existed to begin with. A squishy roundish thing had grown inside the slime, over the top of one of its joints. What kind of use could this thing be? What did it do? The slime had to find food before it could concentrate on anything else though.

@Dewdrop: There was something huge and jagged, but with a smooth side to it right in the slime's path, mostly hidden in the grainy inorganic. It felt inorganic, but something about it said that it wasn't... not entirely, anyway. How odd! There were a couple other things nearby that weren't hidden, but sitting flat nearby. What kind of thing was both inorganic and organic at the same time? The slime only knew one way to find out.

@Zeditha: The slime was easily able to get the black things off of it, and the shiny thing hadn't moved once the noises coming from it started. There was some new creature, perhaps a child the shiny thing gave birth to, but instead of standing on all four of its limbs, it only stood on two of them. Its other two limbs switched between flailing about and pointing at the slime. Getting away seemed like an even better idea now!

@Avisk: Unsure disappeared into the foliage... or behind it, maybe... of the tall organics. Unfortunately, one of the big creatures spied the slime, and made a noise. A couple more of the creatures started looking at the slime, and started moving towards it very angrily! They looked cautious though, for some reason... (they're afraid of fire and it's kind of spurting from your back)

Zeditha froze, unsure of what to do. The long black things weren't a problem now, so she focused on the big shiny and its two-legged companion. The shiny seemed to be asleep; its eyes weren't glowing any more, which was good. There seemed to be some brown cover-feathers nearby, so she ran over to those before deciding on anything else. She really did not want to be in the way of the shiny when it woke up.

Now that the big shiny no longer seemed to be a problem, Zeditha looked towards the two-leg that was now moving towards her, slowly. Zedi didn't know what they wanted, but figured that attempting to not be aggressive would be a good idea. Keeping her body low, she crept out of the cover, spreading her wings as soon as there was room. The two-leg had strange fur! She kind of liked it. She tilted her head to one side and meowed questioningly. The human seemed to be backing off, so she relaxed a little. That colour pattern really was nice - black head fur, a brown middle and a red bottom. She decided to copy it. There were some other colours too, but she didn't know most of them, and anyway, she liked the three colours better. She let out another meow and stretched out her wings, wondering if the two-leg would like it.

Dewdrop

Wanting to know about the weird substance that was both inorganic and organic at the same time, the slime decided it was important that it crawled along the flat stuff hoping to get a taste of what it what, it's thunder poking at it to get what it was when it suddenly felt the thunder open. Oh? Now that was curious in itself. It did not know it could do that. Flexing the thunder open and shut, the slime wondered if this had a purpose.

The fire spurted a bit more, startling the slime. But it also seemed to be startling the bigger creatures. They were still very angry, and being larger too didnt help. What was the slime going to do?

Its scale network mixed with many of the plants it had started to rattle. That odd hollow but still menacing sound that Big had produced before, but not really at such a loud level. Naturally. Avisk was smaller afterall, but still produced a fairly loud disorienting noise for its size. Maybe that would deter them from eating the slime. Maybe it would also get Unsure's attention? Or was the slime alone now? Unsure had gone off somewhere. Hopefully just to hide.

But what the slime didnt account for with the rattling was also the fire. It nipped at some of the foliage and spurted more in a few places. As the slime backed up smaller bits of fire still clung to the leaves the slime had walked through.

Tch'ah

Hungry! and groggy... Where was the best place to find lots of organic? The slime blearily focused its eyes through the water, carefully twirling in place. Murky brown, murky blue, murky green... Green. Green seemed to typically be organic. So the slime pushed its way to where there seemed to be an invasion of green, skinny strands so numerous that if they were tough then slime would not be able to swim through them. It bumped into the masses, and they bent somewhat, but not so that movement would be easy. That's alright, though; slime just had to eat, not to move. It thought that practicing its grabber-mouth would be beneficial, so it opened and snapped the jaw shut around a few stalks. Yup, hoooold it. A gagging sensation surprised the slime, but it soon became normal, as did the hotness at its throat that the food was pressed against.

OOC I realized why I've been really inconsistent the last few months, and it has to do with where I'm living. I'm moving really soon though, so hopefully everything will be fine on my end. Also, Zeditha is learning programming and gonna build me my own site and we can all move over there (I'll copy all the threads and keep posts in chronological order) once possible.

Wouldn't it be nice to see all players from all sites in the same place?

OOC @ Raptor: I forgot what the thunder is.

-----------------------------------

@Tch'ah: (unlocked: flowering rushes) Something moved in the wet. It was small, but there was definitely something behind the slime that started to approach the green skinny strands, but then backed off and seemed to disappear. After a little while of motionless consumption, it came back. Was it the same? Maybe disrupting these things made other things appear!

@Avisk: Again! The slime was doing it again! What had it gained since it destroyed everything before? What did it learn? More importantly... did it matter? The dry plant began to flicker in growing and spreading flames, though luckily it wasn't as quickly as had happened in the other place. Why not? The slime should pay less attention to that kind of thought!

The sound the slime produced after eating the big slime was working, and after a brief, confused look in the slime's direction, the gathered creatures started to go away.

Until one decided to get brave, of course. Then they started to surround the slime, but they now seemed aware and more afraid of the fire.

@Dewdrop: (unlocked: abalone shell) Trying to consume the inorganic/organic was... it was difficult to say the least. The opening of the thunder might help; it at least exposed the slime's gel-like form and it could absorb through digestive contact. A small piece broke off, and the slime was able to get that lodged inside itself. It took a little bit, and it was uncomfortable while trying, but it finally got a good taste. It was able to dissolve through a few places of it, separating parts of the whole into itself, and digested those too. Now what function did the thunder have?

@Zeditha: The two-legs backed up, and its outstretched limbs glittered for a moment when the light touched it. It kept backing up, and pulled open the side of the huge shiny and climbed inside, walking backwards. Then it closed the side up, and the shiny's eyes started shining light again. It made a loud hungry sound, and then it started running away.

OOC @ Viirin: The thunder is the crab claw

~~~~~~

Dewdrop:

After the absorbing of the organic stuff, the slime shifted its attention to the thunder. It felt weird knowing it could open and the little slime concentrated on the weird sensation. It knew the thunder could thunder on ahead a bit to feel where it was going, but it didn't know the purpose of it opening. It accidentally shifted the thunder under the grainy feeling by accident and when it lifted the thunder out, it felt the grainy feeling slide off the thunder but most of it stayed in!

As soon as the big shiny's lights came back on, Zeditha was opening her wings and flying as far away from it as possible - to the side, because she'd only ever seen them move forwards. She flew up to one of the big green things and landed on one of the bits of it that stuck out to the side and watched as the Shiny moved away. She wondered where it was going in such a hurry.

It seemed to have a path that it was following. Looking around, there wasn't anything that particularly seemed interesting nearby, so she began flying in the direction that the big shiny went, keeping a closer eye out for obstacles in her way this time.

Tch'ah

Heh heh heh.... feeling mischievous, the slime decided to act upon its hunch and gently wriggled the green strands. Stopped. And watched behind itself carefully. Any movement? Hm... maybe, since moving made it appear, lots of wiggling would make lots of creatures appear faster! I am brilliant, it compliments itself, and puffed up with ego and anticipation, the slime let go, backed up a little bit, and then barreled into the bunches of green strands, thrashing about as it cavorted among the greens. Thrill swept through it; Surely it was gaining plenty of attention, correct? The slime kept a sharp eye out for any admiration coming its way!

Edited by Emeelia

Welcome to Arc 2!

Humans have seen and gotten recorded proof that you exist. That proof has both gone into the tabloids and youtube. The world is now more dangerous for every slime.

OOC There's a lot of stuff going on with me in RL and has been for the last 6 months, and from here on out it will only get worse. I'm looking into moving; so if anyone in the USA has any ideas then let me know. Got a few leads but I'm always willing to add more.

OOC @ Caligo Ejj: I'm really sorry, I tried to write something better than this for you.

------------------------------------------------------

@Caligo Ejj: What was it that had been dumped and discarded? It was too long ago to know, and the ones who did it didn't pay attention or care. Either way, the slime's canister was cracked when something heavy moved wrong, and the slime was awaken and freed, brought to life finally.

------------------------------------------------------

@Tch'ah: All of the attention from inside the wet for some reason went the opposite direction, and into all sorts of little pockets of things-moving. Whatever these small underwater things were, they weren't very big and didn't seem to understand that they should approach instead of flee. No, that couldn't be right. They just had to be more interested in something else, right?

@Dewdrop: Repeating the process and sifting through the grainy inorganic a few times while it drifted along in the moving wet, the slime happened across something else. It was hard and clearly organic, but felt as hard as the previous thing it absorbed. There were small, curved pieces, which seemed attached to each other.

@Zeditha: The big shiny with glowing eyes moved faster than the slime could possibly go, but the path was easy enough to follow. After a very long time, the slime still didn't see any trace of the creature... how could it go this far, that fast, and still keep going? The slime let itself glide a little, but it didn't seem to work very well, so instead it had to flap its wings to stay airborne again. Still the path continued...

Far ahead, the path seemed to straighten out, and come to a cluster of funny shapes that were even bigger than the tallest green organic that the slime had landed on. What was out there?

@Del: Mooshy, sticky, slick and wet touched the slime, and though it had never consumed or even tasted anything before, it now felt like it wanted to expel consumed food, which it had none. What kind of feeling was this? What was making it feel that way?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

INTRODUCTION TO ARC 2

----------------------------------------------------------------------

A couple slimes have interacted with humans, but Zeditha got caught on film and is now on the internet. The danger level for ALL slimes has now increased. Before, no one knew that you existed and the scientists and government organization that created you thought you were failed experiments. Now that the government knows they were wrong, there are bad things that will begin happening.

Dewdrop

Well that was interesting to the slime. It crawled on top of the new orangic thing. Would it taste familiar to the slime? If it was, was it the thing that had thundered it earlier? It inched its way to the small curved pieces and waited to absorb them.

((I'm alive. Just super busy))

@Avisk: Again! The slime was doing it again! What had it gained since it destroyed everything before? What did it learn? More importantly... did it matter? The dry plant began to flicker in growing and spreading flames, though luckily it wasn't as quickly as had happened in the other place. Why not? The slime should pay less attention to that kind of thought!

The sound the slime produced after eating the big slime was working, and after a brief, confused look in the slime's direction, the gathered creatures started to go away.

Until one decided to get brave, of course. Then they started to surround the slime, but they now seemed aware and more afraid of the fire.

Avisk's fire grew larger and more pronounced as the creatures got closer and closer. This was out of the slime's actual control, being controlled purely off of fear at this point. It hoped Unsure wasn't going to get caught in this mess, wherever that friendly slime had gone. Hopefully they were safe. Hopefully Avisk could find them and Kind again one day.

The fire that already caught the plants began spreading again. This was turning out rather similarly to the chaos at the prior place all the slimes had been at. Where they all needed to flee. But was Avisk itself fire-proof since it could produce fire? Did the slime really want to test that?

@Aster: Each of the creatures was as big as the slime itself was, if its wings were ignored. A thought started to form inside its mind, probably an artefact from fusing Angry's wings to itself. But it was pushed away. There were... the slime couldn't count, but it could do other smart things! It couldn't count these. It... dang it, those thoughts were coming back, so the slime pushed them away again. The creatures came in a swarm, a big group from the surrounding area all at the same time. They got to where they should have seen the slime when it was on the ground, but when they saw nothing, they started getting noisier, and then one of them looked up. Then a lot of them looked up. They saw the slime! But they didn't seem able to do anything about it.

OOC: Ugh, sorry for the long absence. I wish I had a better excuse but I just really had a bad writer's block. I managed to recharge my batteries, so hopefully I'll be more active now.

ASTER

The creatures were big enough that the slime didn't think it could carry one away and still be able to fly, even if it chose a small one, besides which, there were no handy perches nearby for it to feed safely. The creatures would easily be able to climb onto the big dead organic, so that was no good. The slime was fairly certain that these creatures weren't slimes, There were so many all grouped together out of nowhere. Aster had had to go through so much just to meet the slimes that it had, and they had all been on their own at first. So the slime thought that it was safe to consider these creatures not-slimes, and thus safe for consumption.

As for how to get some nutrients from one without incurring the wrath of the others, Aster decided to try the technique that it had used in its first encounter with Two-heads again. Tucking its wings in, it chose one of the milling creatures on the ground, largely at random, and dove towards it as fast as it could. Once the slime was near its chosen prey it took as much of it as it could in its mouth, and the two biggest chunks of flesh with its grasping forefeet that it could, and began to ascend back in the air where the slime intended to eat, safely out of reach of its angry comrades. Unfortunately the slime's wings weren't as good at rapidly ascending as they were descending, especially when it was holding something relatively large, and Aster desperately tried to gain altitude as it braced itself for an attack. It might have been a better idea to look for another source of food, but the slime was very hungry, and couldn't really wait.

Edited by Avialae

Zeditha decided to stop and rest on another of the big green things, and looked over towards the odd-shape place. Feeling hungry, she munched on some of the brown, flat things that stuck out from the green bits of the organics nearby.

Hunger sated, she continued on...

When she got close to the collection of odd shapes, Zeditha saw more big-shinies. Still not wanting to be splattered like Big, she was cautious, and made sure to stay in the air. She angled her flight towards the tallest thing she could see, so as to hopefully gain a better vantage point and see what the collection of odd things was for.

((Idk if the second part is ok, but I wanted to write something so Zeditha can progress xd.png))

Celiysetherri

The slime sensed wiggly things brushing up against it and reached out to absorb them with blobs of itself. The hard surface it bumped into next also tasted like a food-thing and the slime attempted to absorb that as well. It needed more food-things to get bigger and that was what it was supposed to do until something happened. The slime oozed intently toward where the food-things felt like they had been coming from.

Tch'ah

What could be more fabulous than slimeself? Sorely jealous about this misdirection, slime swam over to one such of the wiggly-pockets (possibly disturbing the smalldumbthing inside). It poked its beak inside to test the capacity, and if nothing interesting happened, slime would feel it out with one of its legs. How could pockets be more fabulous at wiggling than it? Were they even organic, or able to appreciate the honor bestowed upon them? Even so, if that were the case, slime may have to try to eat it out of spite.

OOC: I finally found a place to move to, but it'll take me a couple/few more months to save up in order to have enough to do it. Once I get there, my health will improve, I'll have friends to hang out with, and possibly even a job, or at least somewhere to volunteer so I can go outside and not just be stuck alone and in my apartment for years in a row. I'm sure that my mood would significantly improve and I'll be able to post at least weekly like I used to.

In the meantime, I'm still trying to get artists to be able to get everyone images of their characters, and hopefully a picture-only graphic novel to follow each character's story individually. I put up a Patreon finally to maybe help this.

@Zeditha: Yep its fine

-----------------------------------------------------------------

@Aster: The slime wasn't able to grab much flesh, but it was able to feel its talons rip into the creature. The heat from the light started to increase, but it was far enough away that it didn't matter right now. Where had the small slime gone? A little glowing hot flickered upwards but missed the slime, luckily.

@Zeditha: (unlocked: maple leaf) As the slime approached, its excellent eyesight began to become a bother. More and more things ahead were shiny and reflected light at the slime, and it was somewhat blinding to continue. Changing its own midair angle seemed to help at least. Below, there were shiny moving big things on the black moving quicker than the slime could hope to, but they didn't seem to interact.

@Avisk: The slime saw big things happening. The creatures in front of it were backing up, starting to show signs of fear. At the same time, the fire began spreading, though it wasn't half as fast as the other time. Did the slime get weaker? What was it? But then something else happened. It appeared quickly, but then slowed down and spread itself out and... was that one of the slimes that the slime thought had gone away?

@Celiysetherri: (unlocked: earthworm, mealworm) The things were much juicier and slippery, not to mention longer, than the slime had ever thought! Only after beginning to absorb them did it notice. But there was another thing of the same shape that was hard. Food! The slime had found a good amount of it. Whatever any of it was, its find would fuel its ability to find even more.

@Dewdrop: (unlocked: California king snake) Funnily enough, the curved pieces came apart almost right away when the slime began to absorb them. Absorb it? They all tasted like pretty much everything else- salty. A dry flavor, but from within the wet. There seemed to be even more "along the wet where it touched the grainy inorganic". How far did it go?

@Tch'ah: (unlocked: Paedocypris) The creatures were so small that the slime couldn't even feel them individually when it snapped at the wiggling area. Such pointless creatures, and so barely worth the effort. There were other things moving in the wet, but there were some moving in the up, too. Even some of the fluffy nonmoving organic was moving. Was something going on to cause such activity?

Dewdrop

The slime hated the dryness it keeps absorbing as much as it loved the wetness. However, there seemed to be more within the wetness. It wanted to go further. What was out there. It felt itself do something again. It felt like it was expanding a bit, moving a tad bit faster than what it was used to.

~~~~~~~

OOC: Dewdrop's body is expanding into a snake